FTL Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

It's 2112. Get with the times! Who gets treasure?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MacDougall
10%
motobot
10%
Myo
No votes
nutella
10%
sig
No votes
Sloonei
10%
Geddy Lee (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 70

Re: FTL Mafia [Night 1]

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:57 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:52 pm I’m not 100% sure, it’s possible I missed it, but when I went to vote with a minute left I didn’t think she had a vote down until after I’d voted. So like last 5 minutes or so I’d guess.
Groovy. And I’m assuming ted and sig had already been on Soneji for a bit?
I voted for Sonjie pretty early into the phase, before the LC wagon was leading and way before Jack. Then ted jumped on at some point and Daisy near the end.
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:16 pm I think sig put his vote there quite late but in the scheme of things it was before the hoo-ha. There is a chance of Sig/LC/Jack in my head too given Jack's "lol sig votes tsk tsk" commentary and sig noping the LC lynch but also not ending up on Jack but rather Soneji.

There's also the matter of Soneji not being really that suspicious given he spent most of his time in a pissing match with me which is just always town.
I wasn't feeling the LC wagon, he just doesn't seem scummy to me. But, I wasn't going to go out of my way to defend him either. :shrug:
tedxtr wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:51 pm tedxtr - Inno child. Wouldn't lynch yet.

btw, game theory wise, soneji - sig still makes sense with Jack as a third, because if it goes to shit, you can rely on him to carry.

Sooooo...

What do you mean by this [mention]tedxtr[/mention]

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:47 am Well this game is won if Jay is town.

Jay we did the thing so you can do the things.
Meh, I think jay could be mafia.

Mainly since I think we had an inactive mafia member, Nutella doesn't seem like mafia so Jay/Collins would be next. Also potentially Daisy?

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:32 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:16 am I’ll find the other mafia now, lead their lynches, everyone will forget about Day 1, and I’ll get all the credit.
If there is a busser on the wagon it's Long Con. The other three of us are never bussen.

Start with Spacedaisy. Then look at yourself because you're probably the second most scummy. Then like Myo and the rest of them.

Soneji was the counterwagon.

I think Sloonei is spewed clear because I feel like Jack didn't fake derping the EOD and Sloonei was here the whole time so I want to derpclear him on "I think he'd make sure Jack didn't derp the EOD.
Why are we thinking he's derpcleared. Like I didn't see Jack not knowing it wasn't EOD really?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I agree with Jay, I think? Maybe it was someone else, either way I'd not lock clear anyone on the Jack wagon. Especially given how often Mac will hard bus his team.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm I agree with Jay, I think? Maybe it was someone else, either way I'd not lock clear anyone on the Jack wagon. Especially given how often Mac will hard bus his team.
And nanook actually, I'm fairly certain he and Sloonie bussed another mafia member D1 awhile back and civs got crushed. I think this one was The Wire?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:36 am Image
If I didn't love my current avatar so much (thank you LC), I'd use this.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm Jack failing to summon the Zord means one of two things.

1. Jack is a wolf spewing LC TMI
2. Jack is a wolf and LC is his partner

The reality of the situation is that Jack refusing to vote for LC means he is always Mafia. This is not a meme read.
Which was astute. So we are in one of two worlds. The question you need to ask is does Mafia Jack actually hesitate on the opportunity to vote with someone he had been actively working on pocketing against a townie there due to LC being town also? Or does he hesitate because LC is his partner?
Piling on a Civ lynch that was probably going through without his help wouldn't look great. Jack wanted to let the LC lynch happen without his fingerprints on it. Then you accused him of being a wolf for not voting me, and then he voted me to try and reverse that notion. If you want to include me in this as a wolf, then you first have to prove this statement to be true: Jack is afraid to bus a teammate that's already going down. I'll wait.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm I agree with Jay, I think? Maybe it was someone else, either way I'd not lock clear anyone on the Jack wagon. Especially given how often Mac will hard bus his team.
And nanook actually, I'm fairly certain he and Sloonie bussed another mafia member D1 awhile back and civs got crushed. I think this one was The Wire?
I subbed into the Wire on like Day 2 or 3 and then I got bussed by nanook and jack.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:48 pm
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 pm meh not seeing scum lc here
Thanks for this, sig, this post alone might have saved the entire game. :hugs:
Thank you I want all credit if we win the game.
It will be well-deserved.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:13 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm
I subbed into the Wire on like Day 2 or 3 and then I got bussed by nanook and jack.
Yea, It was D2 not D1, but same general principle happened. So I could see a Jack/Nanook team doing a bussing thing or potentially Jack/Mac.

I think Nutella is the least likely to be bussing. Followed by Mac since he kick started the wagon.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei you made two posts and didn’t clear yourself. What is going on?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:25 pm I'd appreciate thoughts on my Sloonei review. Whenever I have anything to say about him that isn't "he's town", it feels significant to me.
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:19 pm Part of me was hoping Jack would flip town so I wouldn’t have to deal with the “sloonei was trying to save jack” arguments.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:19 pm Sloonei you made two posts and didn’t clear yourself. What is going on?
I acknowledge that I do not look great in association with Jack. I recognized a difference in his play this game to what I would expect, but attributed it to his recent game experience rather than treating as something unique to this game. I was wrong and Mac was right. I'm town and this is actually a game now, so I'll have plenty of opportunity to be me on Day 2. I hope.

i won't be killed because JaggedJimmyJay said he has concerns about me seven times.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: Any

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

I don't understand, how do we lose scraps? By voting anyone to execute? Do we execute by the poll on the thread?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:28 pm I don't understand, how do we lose scraps? By voting anyone to execute? Do we execute by the poll on the thread?
Scrap is lost by receiving votes in the Day poll. The night poll is for giving scrap to people. So in this poll we're voting for who we think should be given the scrap from Jack's ship.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 0]

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 pm Tedxtr, Jiwon, Long Con in case you're wondering.
Why did you think I am mafia :<
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:29 pm
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:28 pm I don't understand, how do we lose scraps? By voting anyone to execute? Do we execute by the poll on the thread?
Scrap is lost by receiving votes in the Day poll. The night poll is for giving scrap to people. So in this poll we're voting for who we think should be given the scrap from Jack's ship.
Thank you~ :bighug:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I changed my vote to ted for the sake of spread. he town
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

You have to have the vote at the end of the day or everytime you get a vote you lose scrap..?
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:28 pm Your scrap count today is as follows:

You start with 10.
If you voted Day 0 you earned 3.
You received one per vote Day 0.
Did I gain scrap for voting ted talk at the beginning?
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Who is long con?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei u play i read
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:31 pm I changed my vote to ted for the sake of spread. he town
Is this for real
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:35 pm Who is long con?
He is Long Con

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Sorry I didn't see their name lolololol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:31 pm I changed my vote to ted for the sake of spread. he town
Is this for real
... yes? Why wouldn't it be?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:37 pm Sloonei u play i read
I would expect that to be the formula, yes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 pm Jack do you want to lock town each other and just ignore all scum tells in favour of destroying the game if we're right? I like the odds personally.
I don't believe mac would have confidence to say this to their partner to be honest. But there is a traitor mafia role I think, it could be them? Or is it serial killer? The ship at the bottomest.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:39 pm Sorry I didn't see their name lolololol
Why is Long Con the only person whose name you didn't read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:39 pm
Is this for real
Where’s my scrap sloonei
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:39 pm
Is this for real
Where’s my scrap sloonei
In space
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:09 am So, apparently, this setup favours town hunting, which is better as a whole given that 75% of the time you're probably going to be right about your town leans. Thus, we should actively seek out town slots that we consider to be very obvious towns.

Why? After a ship's death, scraps will be scattered and during the night phase, the person with the most votes will receive those scraps in order to purchase and upgrade parts of their ship.

I will attempt to go for town hunting as it proved to be a solid method for myself. If I get to a scum lean on the line, I'll let it be known, but it's mostly going to be town hunting.
I feel like a town wouldn't need to announce they are townhunting if they were townhunting. Also a fun fact, tedx didn't do any townhunting even until at this point on quote.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

It would be funny if both Soneji and jiwon flip mafia and I railed both of them by commenting on that post of mine lmao
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

I thought votes were done on poll, why do people vote on thread too?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:03 pm I thought votes were done on poll, why do people vote on thread too?
We call our votes in the thread so that everyone can see it when it happens.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:20 pm Soneji, Dragomir/nutella, and Long Con have multiple votes.

Does anybody town read any of those players?
Nutella is lock lock lock lock lock town. The other two are specifically the two players that I wanted to be the focus of D1 in my path forward post. Which was always going to happen. Because even though people don't actually listen to me, they still do what I want.
I feel like I should sheep you instead of Nanook :nicenod:
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

I hope there is Mac left after tonight actually,
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 pm
Myo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:47 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Nutella isn't here though, so would Jack call this salad?

Asking questions for the sake of asking questions.
Eh, I feel that this deserves a little push-back. Couching your own opinions in someone else's reasoning strikes me as creating
'distance' between yourself and your actions. The follow-up feels warranted to get Jackofhearts2005's actual thoughts/reasoning without basing it on outside logic that he's not claiming as his own.
I think this is a fair take.

I don’t suspect Soneji for asking me to clarify or think it was pointless.
HOLY FUCK CODE RED THIS IS NOT A DRILL JACK IS ACTUALLY SCUM
Got a feeling he is the target of mafia or will be at some point
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

What happens if mafia kills the person we give scraps?
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

So jack was voting for Long con even though soneji had 3 votes, right? That makes me suspect Soneji.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:12 pm What happens if mafia kills the person we give scraps?
oops

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:17 pm So jack was voting for Long con even though soneji had 3 votes, right? That makes me suspect Soneji.
Long Con had the most votes until a moment before the deadline. A bunch of people switched from Long Con to Jack at the last minute.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

XD

Who switched when?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm good with scrap going to any of the three hot potato tossers: Mac, nutella, Nanook. Just WIFOM the mafia about the kill, they don't know what they're doing anyway

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

That’s why scrap should be spread between Mac/nutella/myself

Not ted.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Is scrap split when it's tied? Asking players first

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

It was N0, I assume it will be here as well
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

k

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:21 pm That’s why scrap should be spread between Mac/nutella/myself

Not ted.
Not like I'm gonna get killed when I'm barely trying, and I also am fairly townie. Not sure I follow.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm getting Nanook in on the scrap

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:58 pm Each time a ship is destroyed by Day vote, it loses half its value and the remaining half is up for grabs. There will be a Night poll to determine who shall receive scrap, and it will be divided up in accordance with the poll results. Each vote in the Night poll is of equal weight.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:21 pm That’s why scrap should be spread between Mac/nutella/myself

Not ted.
Not like I'm gonna get killed when I'm barely trying, and I also am fairly townie. Not sure I follow.
He's jealous that I'm voting to give you scrap instead of him
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei who's mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”