Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Escape From Trump Tower [DAY 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Apologetic for what? at scirrus
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 684
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:22 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:21 pm
Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:33 pm WOW, ok, I vote Sloonei. I like Wilgy as town.
What made you think Wilgy's reaction to getting voted was towny?
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 pm That really sucked, I'm sorry I wasn't less distracted to try to prevent the tie result, and I didn't know that was going to happen until others pointed it out.

With that said, I realize I got a bit OMGUSy and heated myself. I'm sorry Wilgy because I was probably tunneling you and I just wanted to save Sloonei. Fwiw I still don't know what planet LC is playing this game on, lol, and I do not at all mean that in a bad way, but I'm sorry if I frustrated you. I was going to respond to your post about the Wilgy thing, but if you go back and read around those posts I quoted, I was the first one to talk about him, so I don't understand your interpretation at all?

I'll need some time away anyway to do other things, but it'll allow for digging upon my return. See you all whenever.
Eh something about this post pings me the wrong way. I’m not sure if I believe you about the tie and if especially if Wilgy is town then I don’t like this at all.

M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 pm Yes, but at least from an enjoyment perspective even though no lynching is always dumb, at least everyone gets to play the game longer. :beer:
Don’t like this either lol
112 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:30 pm Sorry. I would've been here but didn't know eod was happening. I'm used to 10pm pst on my homesite.
I really hope you're telling the truth about this bc this is such a lame lie as scum and it would make me REEEEEEEEEEEEE
What about the post specifically?

How am I supposed to tell whether any of you actually believe this?
It seems fake and apologetic to me
But... it's not?! What even
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Anyone who is voting for me I dare you to actually hop into my ENTIRE ISO and then actually explain how you think this play comes from a wolf. Not a "I don't believe you" based on a post or two.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:21 pmMP is town.
Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I swear if I actually get lynched when I'm super towning on Day 2 again I just don't even know what to do with you all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:24 pm Anyone who is voting for me I dare you to actually hop into my ENTIRE ISO and then actually explain how you think this play comes from a wolf. Not a "I don't believe you" based on a post or two.
I feel this post in my bones. I’ve wanted to shout these words out at least a dozen times in past games.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:21 pmMP is town.
Why?
#relatable
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm Like I seriously feel like I'm speaking in a different game thread than some of you all.
I’m familiar with this feeling, and I empathize.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:26 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:24 pm Anyone who is voting for me I dare you to actually hop into my ENTIRE ISO and then actually explain how you think this play comes from a wolf. Not a "I don't believe you" based on a post or two.
I feel this post in my bones. I’ve wanted to shout these words out at least a dozen times in past games.
I mean not even considering all my circumstances I have posted almost 300 times, it's not just the volume, I realize I have bias but I genuinely think it's not that hard to see if you look at the body of work that I have no clue what the fuck is going on, my only agenda is to make people take stances and try to solve the game, and that I'm perplexed by the behavior of various players throughout this game in a manner that I wouldn't think or even want to fake as a wolf because as a wolf this game state right now is EXACTLY what I want, even if I'm in the hot seat.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And so to pick apart a post or two when I have an entire body of work is just ????

I mean, I make reads based on single posts all the time, and I think they're completely legitimate, but it feels like all this effort I've been slaving for in large part to clear myself because that's a valuable part of what I can bring to the table is for naught because people don't care to actually dig deep and make a determination about it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Instead it's just, you don't believe a thing I said? Great, I've said almost 300 more, what do you think of THOSE?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JFC, I think I got that off my chest now. I should actually be doing work but instead I'm playing this game because I feel an obligation to you all to actually try my best to solve it and because generally speaking I really enjoy playing these things with you guys, but even as a masochist this one has been higher on the frustrating scale so far fwiw. And I'm not blaming anyone but man, this thread environment is ridiculously chaotic.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:30 pm Instead it's just, you don't believe a thing I said? Great, I've said almost 300 more, what do you think of THOSE?
Who should be lynched today? There’s no clear direction in the poll right now. Things are wide open and you’ve got a voice here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now I actually have time I GUESS because I'm making time, so I'm going to try to dig deep myself and not be a hypocrite. ISOing I go.

I’m gonna hard align with you MP. What could possibly go wrong.

Can we kill sprityo or do we need to compromise? I’m not sure what your POE is rn
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:32 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:30 pm Instead it's just, you don't believe a thing I said? Great, I've said almost 300 more, what do you think of THOSE?
Who should be lynched today? There’s no clear direction in the poll right now. Things are wide open and you’ve got a voice here.
I will absolutely get back to you on that. I probably could better tell you who I don't want to lynch right now... give me a second and I'll re-post a pre-ISO reads list with at least that in mind.

I vote we form a sloonei/MP/Nanook Committee to Kill Someone
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:34 pm I vote we form a sloonei/MP/Nanook Committee to Kill Someone
Is there a specific Someone you have in mind?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:21 pm Except for Jules I think her slot may actually be scum lol

Sorry sprit maybe you can turn that around
talk to me about juliets, what made you change you mind on her, was it because her lack of inolvement in EOD or something else?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:22 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:44 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:24 pm Are we seriously killing sloonei today? What is this nonsense?
Speak as to why we shouldn't.
He’s sloonei and it’s stupid to kill sloonei D1. Nuff said.
Are No lynches better?
I made it clear I wasn't switching fairly early. I take zero responsibility for the no-kill.

(Also I've already said that sloonei dying would've been better, idk why you're presenting this as if it's some kind of gotcha moment?)
I still think you're town but I just wanna say I don't like this. You have just as much responsibility as the rest of us. You saying "i'm not going switch" doesnt make you any less complicit in what happened, for the record
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:21 pm Except for Jules I think her slot may actually be scum lol

talk to me about juliets, what made you change you mind on her, was it because her lack of inolvement in EOD or something else?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:24 pm Are we seriously killing sloonei today? What is this nonsense?
Are No lynches better?
I made it clear I wasn't switching fairly early. I take zero responsibility for the no-kill.

(Also I've already said that sloonei dying would've been better, idk why you're presenting this as if it's some kind of gotcha moment?)
I still think you're town but I just wanna say I don't like this. You have just as much responsibility as the rest of us. You saying "i'm not going switch" doesnt make you any less complicit in what happened, for the record
Am I complicit in the No Lynch?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:03 pm D2 MP7 reads

Moderate town
Epignosis
Funnygurl
Nanook
juliets / sprityo

Slight town
Long Con

Not sure -- GTH town lean
MacDougall
Sloonei
DrWilgy

Not sure -- GTH scum lean
Soneji
Scirrus
TSP / nova

Slight scum
3p Dizzy
Dyslexicon
I'm not sure I have any strong town reads after all, and even though I couldn't possibly disagree with some of Epi's conclusions more, I think he's just being boneheaded and means the best. I agree with what Jack posted about Funnygurl, also I have a soul read there. Nanook seems fine to me. juliets/sprityo is a bit of an enigma but I was feeling pretty good about juliets while I was in here.

I really can't make heads or tails of LC, but I really mulled over his interactions with me and the narrow focus and I don't quite understand the agenda if he's scum after all of this. LC is admittedly a difficult player for me to read and this is mostly a centric read, so other input would be much appreciated. If Wilgy is scum though I'd want to revisit this because my gut says they could be teamed.

Obviously I need to ISO the not sure folks with higher priority and really start to form some reads on them. Mac seem distracted, Sloonei I still don't really feel a town spark from enough yet to not want to kill him but I don't really see the scum angles yet either. I keep going back and forth on Wilgy, but I feel like from a gamestate perspective that our wagons on d1 were probably v/v if I had to guess right now, especially with how quickly the Wilgy wagon formed after I declared my intention for it.

Shrug on Soneji. Scirrus is slowly dropping for me, I don't feel any sense of real solving increasingly over time, and that concerns me greatly. TSP is behaving like a weirdo, and my gut already didn't like nova that much.

I'm starting to think 112 is full of crap, so that's a thing.
No strong town reads at all? Considering you mentioned how important building a town core is, you're keeping your options pretty open
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:44 pm

Are No lynches better?

Am I complicit in the No Lynch?
Considering you didn't have much choice other than to self-pres, not really, even if you had the opportunity to vote yourself, which is lol
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Sloonei do you suspect me or not? I don't think you've given a clear stance on me yet

Who would you most like to lynch right now?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

D2 MP7 reads pre-ISO

Never lynch today
Nanook

Strongly prefer not to lynch today
Epignosis
Long Con

Somewhat prefer not to lynch today
Sloonei
MacDougall

Pre-ISO POE
DrWilgy
Funnygurl
juliets / sprityo
Scirrus
Soneji
TSP / nova

My preference is to ISO my POE, even if quickly, to sort them effectively.

I still feel like this is a Nanook with a town agenda. Having seen him be scum in Corona, I'm not feeling parallels. He did a lot to disrupt the flow of solving in that game. I don't feel that here at all.

Epi is trying my patience and honestly his solving would be really easy for scum to do (latch onto this player, then that player, etc.), but I still think he's probably be boneheaded, I also think he provides a lot of value to the town even when I vehemently disagree with him, but I can't shake off that he's been a bit word-twisty and I'm not quite sure what that means.

Long Con's behavior is an enigma to me, but a determination has to be made. I don't think he goes through all that effort to arrive at the scum case on me to have missed a minor detail and then subsequently drop it. That doesn't sound like scum Long Con to me, that sounds like a town Long Con who genuinely suspected me and wanted to break open the game with a smoking gun.

I don't want to lynch Sloonei or Mac even though I don't have as much a feel for them as I would like, but my gut likes them enough to pass on them for today.

Honestly everyone else can potentially burn today. I had a very high bar for clearing this POE. I'm going to look at these folks' ISOs now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:44 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:03 pm D2 MP7 reads

Moderate town
Epignosis
Funnygurl
Nanook
juliets / sprityo

Slight town
Long Con

Not sure -- GTH town lean
MacDougall
Sloonei
DrWilgy

Not sure -- GTH scum lean
Soneji
Scirrus
TSP / nova

Slight scum
3p Dizzy
Dyslexicon
I'm not sure I have any strong town reads after all, and even though I couldn't possibly disagree with some of Epi's conclusions more, I think he's just being boneheaded and means the best. I agree with what Jack posted about Funnygurl, also I have a soul read there. Nanook seems fine to me. juliets/sprityo is a bit of an enigma but I was feeling pretty good about juliets while I was in here.

I really can't make heads or tails of LC, but I really mulled over his interactions with me and the narrow focus and I don't quite understand the agenda if he's scum after all of this. LC is admittedly a difficult player for me to read and this is mostly a centric read, so other input would be much appreciated. If Wilgy is scum though I'd want to revisit this because my gut says they could be teamed.

Obviously I need to ISO the not sure folks with higher priority and really start to form some reads on them. Mac seem distracted, Sloonei I still don't really feel a town spark from enough yet to not want to kill him but I don't really see the scum angles yet either. I keep going back and forth on Wilgy, but I feel like from a gamestate perspective that our wagons on d1 were probably v/v if I had to guess right now, especially with how quickly the Wilgy wagon formed after I declared my intention for it.

Shrug on Soneji. Scirrus is slowly dropping for me, I don't feel any sense of real solving increasingly over time, and that concerns me greatly. TSP is behaving like a weirdo, and my gut already didn't like nova that much.

I'm starting to think 112 is full of crap, so that's a thing.
No strong town reads at all? Considering you mentioned how important building a town core is, you're keeping your options pretty open
Go ahead and shade me, I think my thoughts on the current state of this game are rather clear. Commit to a scum read of me or get off the pot.
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:39 pm I think 112 is town with at least one mafia voting there right now.
Why?
I think 112 is town because I read their posts and find them townie. The post that MP quoted that made him want to burn 112 was also just a random vulnerable thought made manifest that MP jumped on. I dunno what's happened since then but if that's why she has three votes then y'all wagon is bad. I think there is a HIGH af likelihood of one of MP/TSP being maphier.
^yes+++++
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:57 pm I still think Wilgy's initial handling of Sloonei was suspect AF by the way, that was equivocating if I've ever seen it. It was all the stuff with handling me and his AtE posting during that EoD plus how easily the wagon formed that sketched me the fuck out.
What do you think town!Wilgy is more likely to do?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

112 quick ISO thoughts:

My gut likes her actual entrance here:
112 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:48 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:06 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 pm This game will be the best game in the history of mafia. People keep saying to me, "Escape From Trump Tower" is the best game.
good
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:09 am Unoriginal, think a baddie Sloonei does better there
I mean I’ll take it, but what?
Using the theme to crack a joke and make an entrance, meme-ing using Trump quotes feels unoriginal. It's actually something I'd be pinged about usually, like it's more prevalent for scum to break the ice that way. It's a nice way to sling some shits, and get stuff going.

Not this time though
I feel like trying to form a read on an entrance like that is more scum-breaking-icey than the entrance itself.
112 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:44 pm
112 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:21 pm
112 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:11 pm
112 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Unless you were in Inception it might be
I was too busy hosting it to play in it. :goofp:

What can you tell me about 112 the mafia player that I might not already know?
I'm better at solving the game in my head than I am at explaining why I think what I do.
What sort of things do you look for and how do you develop your reads?
Tonal impurities, inconsistencies throughout a person's set of posts, reads whose justifications seem to fail inspection, potential team associations, meta if I have it.

A lot of the time I'm just looking for one post that seems odd and I'll build an entire case around it. When someone's wolfing, often one post they make gives them away entirely, and I can spend two+ rounds quoting that one post if I think it's strong enough reason to lynch them. If a post pings me, I'll ISO the player and see how many of their posts fit in the world where they're scum.
Where does nova's entrace fit in this structure?
I'm pretty null on nova's entrance. I just thought the response to your post was a little odd, but I'm not taking it and running to the bank or anything.
This exchange is a nothingburger, but I guess it's fine.
112 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:51 am Juliets seems towny by my meta of her. She doesn't use contractions and writes pretty bluntly sometimes, so she always looks kinda sketch, but I'd lean town on her right now owing to the complicatedness of her Sloonei read- I think she's being genuine when she says she doesn't know how to read him well and is concerned with being fooled again. She says she's reading him more as town now, but it's an early back-and-forth type read and those tend to come from townies more often than wolves; wolves are more inclined to stick with an early read throughout a greater duration of the round and don't flip-flop so soon. I think she's showing true uncertainty.

Regarding Sloonei, I can see him as a wolf personally. His questions don't seem to go anywhere and he's forcing the humour a bit.
I like the thoughtfulness of this read.
112 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:37 am
112 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:34 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:19 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:19 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 pmIt's perhaps that you're in your own head a bit too much here.
No. I'm literally claiming third party. Or "independent" as you maybe call it here.
Ugh. I hate this post. Dammit Dizzy.
I hate this post.
Oho ho ho! Oh do tell me why?
It reads like you're faking emotion
112 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:56 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 am
112 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:37 am
112 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:34 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:19 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:19 pm

No. I'm literally claiming third party. Or "independent" as you maybe call it here.
Ugh. I hate this post. Dammit Dizzy.
I hate this post.
Oho ho ho! Oh do tell me why?
It reads like you're faking emotion
Interesting as this does derive from a true conflict. Why would I desire to prevent Dizzy from winning vs clearing all variables necessary for victory.

Why would you say you hate my post instead of being upfront about the perceived fake emotion?
I don't understand your first question. I don't think all posts have to be read with intention behind them, and I don't think there was any intention readily discernible from that post. Sometimes scum are just trying to fill in their posts/up their involvement without doing anything additional to that.

And I like gauging responses. Your Santa Clause post read the same way as the first one to me. Now I have two artificial-feeling posts to read.
I still love these posts.

You know what, I'm done, 112 can be town. I didn't like her post from earlier today, but the body of work here is more indicative of someone with no information, and it's logical she would want a redux given her thoughts on Sloonei and Wilgy. Remove her from the POE. I'll say strongly prefer not to lynch.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:47 pm Sloonei do you suspect me or not? I don't think you've given a clear stance on me yet

Who would you most like to lynch right now?
I do not have a town read on you. If I were to make a rainbow list you’d be a light shade of orange. To be clear, this is closer to an absence of a town read than a direct scum read.

This is our first game together and I’m not putting in nearly the amount of work I normally would to developing my reads, so I don’t have a firm stance. Likewise I do not have a clear lynch priority at this point. There are several town reads and a handful of players who are distinctly not town reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl is my strongest town read after MP.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wilgy quick ISO thoughts:

Wilgy jumps on Epi's case of Sloonei. That could go either way.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:03 am
juliets wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:50 pm I would love to hear some impressions or leans or whatever you're comfortable with at this point. I don't have any impression of you right now except I like you and Jack is funny. Please give me something to work with.
You are good.
112 is good but I'm not as sure as I'm not used to them.
Sloonei is likely bad and in contrast Epi is likely good.
I'm open to Dad being added to my list of nicknames.
Jack being mia is nbd for the moment.
Nanook is somewhat sketchy.
I'm not going to pretend that I can ever read LC.

Does this satisfy you Jules or do you have any questions. Do my thoughts raise any questions?

Linki: M Plus 7 probably Nanook.
In retrospect, this post feels player salad-y, and juliets lobbing a softball question is a Thing.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:34 pm Who is the towniest player on day 1 I need to sheep them. Sorry I overstocked on games.
Probably epi or Jules.

Long Con Nanook if feelin frisky.
I also don't understand why Nanook is mentioned here if Wilgy said he was somewhat sketchy in the post above? Does not compute?
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:35 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:19 am
Scirrus wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:02 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:40 am @Scirrus besides them apparently being sort by post count, do you have actual objections to my no kill list? Do you think I have someone in the list that shouldn’t be?
If this is for D1, I'm actually fine with everyone in your list, except Sloonei. Like a lot of people think Sloonei is playing to his scum meta. So that qualifies them as a good lynch candidate at least imo. I wouldn't be super upset about lynching Dizzy either but there's the chance of his claim about not dying until N3 could be telling the truth?

I wouldn't like...hard clear most people in your giant list, because the chance of a misclear isn't that low when we're working with so many actives. But it's a good place to start
I mean yeah, it’s a D1 starting point, I’m not hard locking and never reconsidering, but you gotta start somewhere!

I pretty firmly believe in keeping sloonei alive until D3 at least 🤷‍♀️
I somewhat agree with this. A scumloonbread would likely be outed by then.

What causes pause is the info we can gain on a correct d1 baddie lynch, how poorly I feel about sloonei being town, and the potential two mislynches before getting there.

I'd rather be right than passive seems to be the argument against this.
I still don't like that it felt like Wilgy was trying to have it both ways here, but I don't know. Other input is appreciated.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:48 pm MP, I'm starting to dislike your lines here.

I feel that you are drawing and encouraging lines of agreement and suspicion that aren't necessarily your own, but more so assist a narrative that is in your favor. I.e. you leave me in the null stating you don't know how you feel but at the same time leaving me at would lynch.

Your LC vote also piggy backing off Nanook.
I can't make heads or tails whether any of this stuff is genuine. Someone else help.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:38 pm Jesus fuck. First time in a year I try to genuinely super town.
Maybe I'm a sucker but this is when I started thinking Wilgy could be town; this response combined with the wagon formation... I thought Wilgy was a sort of long shot to get lynched but I wanted to try, so it sketched me out a bit when it did happen

Final conclusion? I really don't fucking know.
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:08 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:04 pm A reason I was asking people about Wilgy's play in Corrupt too (didn't you play this, @MacDougall?) is because I was trying to get a sense of if there was a comparison to the way he was playing here, and I don't really feel like I ever got input there.
I haven't analysed him closely enough but Wilgy does seem to have a meta of "posts slightly more when Mafia".
LOL is this game actually a higher posting one for him?
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:14 pm Forget what I said about TSP. That boy is town.
why?

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:34 pm I vote we form a sloonei/MP/Nanook Committee to Kill Someone
Is there a specific Someone you have in mind?
I was thinking the Jules/sprityo slot, but I’m potentially open to other people if you’ve got a strong feeling somewhere?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:55 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:57 pm I still think Wilgy's initial handling of Sloonei was suspect AF by the way, that was equivocating if I've ever seen it. It was all the stuff with handling me and his AtE posting during that EoD plus how easily the wagon formed that sketched me the fuck out.
What do you think town!Wilgy is more likely to do?
Regarding handling Sloonei? I'm not sure.

Linki: Yeah, usually he posts less than this probably?

Are No lynches better?

Already answered MP about your first question, as for the statement no, it literally does make me not complicit.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My biggest hangup when it comes to [mention]Scirrus[/mention] is that a lot of his posts in this game so far seem to be a little complacent. That may not be the best word for what I’m feeling. There seems to be a direction in his posts, but that direction isn’t really moving the needle as much as I would like it to, as though he’s holding something back, trying to maintain the status quo or whatever.

This could be an unfair observation. He’s in a new environment and we (I) in turn don’t know anything about him besides what he’s putting into this thread. It’s not easy to plow through a thread full of noisy players who you’ve never met before. But at any rate, I cannot comfortably call him a town read at the moment. He is certainly putting in effort, and I want that to continue.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

I’ve got to do some work for a bit but I’ll be back later, ping me with important stuff.
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:05 pm [VOTE: SCIRRUS] aubergine

Actually let's feel this out for now. I need more people to talk about this person.
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:22 pm You know what, fine, I'll join a Wilgy wagon, but I still want to talk about Scirrus at some point.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:13 pm I'm here and nobody wants to talk.

Okay.
I want to talk!

I actually like your Scirrus case. I can support that. [VOTE: SCIRRUS] aubergine
It just looks to me like you're trying to find any reason to hop your vote onto me, like you posted hey guys let's talk about Scirrus. But you didn't really say anything about me, just offered other people to talk, and then hopped on Epi's (the first/only person who voted for me)'s wagon

This looks, not great, to me. I think you're being scummy.

<<VOTE MPLUS>>
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Y'all it OMGUS or whatever but i don't care. I think MPlus is being opportunistic af
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Funnygurl quick ISO:

Wow, FG has 55 posts? I wouldn't have guessed that many.

FG is town. I don't feel like I even need to highlight anything in particular. The combination of stances taken, tone, etc. all point towards someone with no information or agenda.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:08 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:05 pm [VOTE: SCIRRUS] aubergine

Actually let's feel this out for now. I need more people to talk about this person.
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:22 pm You know what, fine, I'll join a Wilgy wagon, but I still want to talk about Scirrus at some point.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:13 pm I'm here and nobody wants to talk.

Okay.
I want to talk!

I actually like your Scirrus case. I can support that. [VOTE: SCIRRUS] aubergine
It just looks to me like you're trying to find any reason to hop your vote onto me, like you posted hey guys let's talk about Scirrus. But you didn't really say anything about me, just offered other people to talk, and then hopped on Epi's (the first/only person who voted for me)'s wagon

This looks, not great, to me. I think you're being scummy.

<<VOTE MPLUS>>
This is maybe some of the weakest stuff I've ever seen.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't mean for that to sound harsh, but I'm rather tilted at the moment. I had not expressed my intention of keeping my vote on you, did I, Scirrus?

I just... how come people keep coming to assumptions and conclusions that I'm not saying? Take my words literally maybe?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What could seriously help people clear me? Should I post less? Should I just not be myself? Is there something wrong with the way I'm pressuring people? Do I need to be more exacting in my words?

Seriously, someone tell me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I feel like Scirrus wanted to come in with a scum read of me and kept trying to fit square pegs to fit into round holes, if you read his progression on me he continually brings up stuff shading me, but he's not making any effort to understand me I feel?

But I also feel like he's like the 7th person to do that, and not everyone can be doing that to me with agenda, so what the fuck is going on this game?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Civilians, especially the vocal leader-types, should have agendas and they should be opportunistic. When you assume that role, you need to make things happen. You do that by responding to things and making people react and explain their reactions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm I don't mean for that to sound harsh, but I'm rather tilted at the moment. I had not expressed my intention of keeping my vote on you, did I, Scirrus?

I just... how come people keep coming to assumptions and conclusions that I'm not saying? Take my words literally maybe?
I'm sorry if I've upset you. But honestly imo this is just part of the game. People making assumptions about other people based on stuff they've posted. Obviously you won't like me coming to assumption that you're mafia. I don't really know you so if you're town the reasons that I have probably seem weird and bad, and obviously they would be false. And If you're mafia, which I suspect you are, you will just try to discredit everything I say anyway so /shrug
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

There should be NO universe in which we have not had a red flip, I've posted ~300 times and outlapped everyone with the sheer amount of confusion, stance-taking, etc. that I have in my ISO, combined with actual meta that you all have on me, for me to be the leading wagon in a low-PR game like this.

I'm going to get on my soapbox for a moment longer, sorry. I've noticed this HARD since my return back to mafia this year. This site has a problem and it's closely related to tinfoil and CHS (champs hero syndrome).

Players on this site for whatever reason are almost gleeful about the opportunity to lynch a player that has an inordinate amount of content, stances, tone, etc. at the expense of solving by the idea that a member of the scum has to come in here every day and fabricate every single bit of content and stance that they're taking.

Look at Corrupt?. Even though I didn't play, the impression I largely got was that townies ate themselves to death for some reason and let players who otherwise struggled to generate meaningful content slide for too long, until the game was too difficult to parse.

Look at Banjo. We lynched MacDougall based primarily on reasons that are still unknown to me, because what, he was actually trying and finding too many players town? And then we lost one of the most valuable members of our town on Day 1. The game ended up going to a stressful F5 that it didn't necessarily need to if we had saved the tinfoil and packed it away for later.

This game is a TEAM game. Stop obsessing over having to get everything right yourself, or find the scum. The game can be much more effectively solved by lynching within a POE of players who are struggling to keep with a thread full of genuine townie effort.

Honestly it's been driving me mad. I almost feel like towns on this site gamethrow by tinfoiling too much early on in games and then not enough later on.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I feel like I've literally poured every bit of ounce I possibly could of my heart and my soul in this game, and yet somehow I'm still a major topic of discussion and a leading wagon currently on a Day 2 where we have not yet successfully taken advantage of lynching a player in this game.

What else could I be doing right now to prove to you all my role card?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:21 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm I don't mean for that to sound harsh, but I'm rather tilted at the moment. I had not expressed my intention of keeping my vote on you, did I, Scirrus?

I'm sorry if I've upset you. But honestly imo this is just part of the game. People making assumptions about other people based on stuff they've posted. Obviously you won't like me coming to assumption that you're mafia. I don't really know you so if you're town the reasons that I have probably seem weird and bad, and obviously they would be false. And If you're mafia, which I suspect you are, you will just try to discredit everything I say anyway so /shrug
It sounds like you've put me in a no-win situation then.

Return to “Previous Heists”