Wuppitybairn, deru, deru!

Poll ended at Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

bea
33%
FZ.
No votes
insertnamehere
17%
Kate and Ruth Greenfield (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 6
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Re: Willow [Night 2]

Post by FZ. »

bea wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:DH seems to be playing with a clear head. I don't have a read on him but I appreciate how he's approaching the game so far. I like INH's perspective in the game as well and I think he's working towards a civ victory.

I haven't played much with Marshy. I don't think she has been manipulative at all, and I've found her perspective to be genuine.

The players I'm watching the closest are (in order) SVS, Kate, Elohcin, Sorsha, Andrew. Sorry for putting the 8 year old on that list but I'm not giving him a free pass, and if placed on a team with SVS and Kate they would be truly dangerous, so I wish we could get more of his perspective. Elo in particular I'm worried about conning me. She is so nice and always seems genuine to me, but I know she's learned a thing or two about being a baddie :D They can't all be bad but they're the ones I'm watching the closest right now.

I'm also not sure about bea but I hope she's civvie and so far I'm thinking she is. Most of her participation so far has come when she's been Irish lol.

My thoughts on other players are extremely fluid, and I get a better grasp on players the more I talk with them and not just about them.
Fair point TH, I'm trying a bit more. Between the holiday, a VERY long weekend and the speed game time frame, I'm having a rough time wrapping my head around this one. I used to be really good at speed games but this is the second one I've played in in like 5 years - the pacing the reading is different. That *and* coming off the WAY long time frame of the k-site game, I'm just a bit wonkajeeby.

I do see what you are saying about SVS not bringing suspicions to the table. I have a rough time with her though in general. She is (even more than my hubby) my mafia blind spot. I always want her to be civ so much, that often when she's bad, I'm the last person to see it. :(

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary from Sorsha to make make think she might be bad.

And my guests just showed up so I'm afraid it's time for me to go for a bit.

BBL.
But Bea, here you are again, not really saying who you are suspicious of, not who you're not.
If people have little time to post, that's okay. No one says the game is more important than RL, but at least when you are here, share your suspicions and thoughts about people, so we know where you stand. Question people! If not, we'll get no where
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:No one says the game is more important than RL
:confused:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 53

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:why did people have to go and vote for llama? Now there's no one here to talk to :llama:
All he would have talked about is how bad I am anyhow :sigh:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Epignosis »

Night 2: The Crossroads

It was bizarrely quiet during the early morning trek.

The party did not realize why until the afternoon. Turnip Head was not among them.

Some speculated that he got scared and went back to the village, but others said that was impossible.

What they had not seen while they slept was someone cut Turnip Head’s throat and place his body in a gibbet, well-disguised among the rest of the condemned.

Turnip Head has been killed. It is now Day 3. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 92

Re: Willow [Day 3]

Post by insertnamehere »

srsly?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Don't know how I feel about SVS being bad now. I think it more likely that the baddies are trying to paint her in the black today with the killing of Turnip Head.

:rip:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

^^^Scratch that. I hadn't read TH's last couple posts. Maybe she really was just getting rid of the town's strongest asset even if it meant her death. Still hard to say. I'll sleep on that one.

I hope we can get some good discussion today. The loss of TH is a big blow.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dear host. Who was it that saved the prisoner last night?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Dear host. Who was it that saved the prisoner last night?
He who won the poll: Turnip Head. It would seem he now shares the gibbet next to the prisoner's vacant cage. :|
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Elohcin »

:rip: TH!

I guess there is only one place to look, right? Unless...What if SVS has just played a horrible civvie game b/c she got too emotionally caught up in the Andrew mess with llama and the baddies have used this opportunity to their advantage. :o I hate second guessing myself :confused:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

FZ. wrote: But Bea, here you are again, not really saying who you are suspicious of, not who you're not.
If people have little time to post, that's okay. No one says the game is more important than RL, but at least when you are here, share your suspicions and thoughts about people, so we know where you stand. Question people! If not, we'll get no where
Ditto to this. Bea has managed to be a non-factor in both lynches so far and hasn't really said much in the way of suspicions. I'd like to hear who she is suspicious of because I'm really accoustomed to more from her..... She isn't seeming like herself this game, busy or not.

Also Andrew is really quiet. Other then thinking fz is bad I don't know where he stands on anything.

And I'm not feeling the greatest on SVS now either... After finding out that her two main accusers were both civvies.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

RIP TH - I had good feels about you. :( Looks like I was right about that.

FZ and Sorsha - I'm sorry I'm not as active. I prolly shouldn't have signed up for this game tbh. I'm so used to playing long games, I've lost my speed game skills I think. Part of how I go about things is trying to figure out who I feel good about and going from there.

At the moment, I'm thinking TH was right and SVS is our best place to focus on this next lynch. I doubt that both he and llama would have worked *that* hard, to their deaths so to speak, had they not believed they were on to something. I know I take an unusual amount of convincing to accept that SVS could be bad, but I think that is the case here.

I'd hoped to have heard more from Kate this game than I have been. I don't think I've ever seen her so quiet, I'd been chalking it up to being busy like I am, but it is as easy for the mafia to be busy as it is civs.

Ironicly INH has been making a lot of sense to me this game. I find it weird that I find myself agreeing with him because I tend to see his zany side more often. I like this new side of him. :)

FZ - this game is different for me than the one we just played because not only is it faster, but I am not getting the info I was getting in the Hunger Games game this time around. It's easier to sound confident when you're getting good intel. It's a lot harder for me to form suspicions flying blind and being able to see multiple reasons for everything.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kate is somebody that I am very interested in re-reading and perhaps voting for. Something about her uber-aggressive response to llama seems off.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
Night 2: The Crossroads

It was bizarrely quiet during the early morning trek.

The party did not realize why until the afternoon. Turnip Head was not among them.

Some speculated that he got scared and went back to the village, but others said that was impossible.

What they had not seen while they slept was someone cut Turnip Head’s throat and place his body in a gibbet, well-disguised among the rest of the condemned.
:noble:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Kate is somebody that I am very interested in re-reading and perhaps voting for. Something about her uber-aggressive response to llama seems off.
I just thought she took something personally that wasn't directed at her. Yes it was aggressive, but I don't think it was game-related.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Kate is somebody that I am very interested in re-reading and perhaps voting for. Something about her uber-aggressive response to llama seems off.
I just thought she took something personally that wasn't directed at her. Yes it was aggressive, but I don't think it was game-related.
That's just one piece of the puzzle though.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Andrew
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Andrew »

I will have to be replaced because I can't vote. See u in another mafia.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You should be able to, I checked last night, and again just now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, I would have to be a moron to kill Turnip head, and the blocker must have blocked me both nights, and people were still pigged & killed.

And when you are spending all of your time fending off ludicrous accusations of having flopped etc. everyone looks bad, and thats a fact.

I said this days ago, and will say it again. What i did on Day One, i would have done bad or good. The poll said to pay tribute to someone, i did, i said he was smart. I also thought it likely he was a civ. And I like him and wanted him to have a prize. I find it cynical in the extreme (and kind of insulting) that anyone thinks i would use him for cred, even if he is mature enough (which i think he is, he hosted before he played and had now hosted twice) to play. It is not in my personality.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

Andrew wrote:I will have to be replaced because I can't vote. See u in another mafia.
So all that was for nothing? :overreact:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He should be able to vote as far as I can tell :shrug:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

TH! :( :(
That sucks. I thought there was no chance he would die because the baddies wouldn't dare go after him thinking he would surely be saved by someone.

S~V~S wrote:Also, I would have to be a moron to kill Turnip head, and the blocker must have blocked me both nights, and people were still pigged & killed.

And when you are spending all of your time fending off ludicrous accusations of having flopped etc. everyone looks bad, and thats a fact.

I said this days ago, and will say it again. What i did on Day One, i would have done bad or good. The poll said to pay tribute to someone, i did, i said he was smart. I also thought it likely he was a civ. And I like him and wanted him to have a prize. I find it cynical in the extreme (and kind of insulting) that anyone thinks i would use him for cred, even if he is mature enough (which i think he is, he hosted before he played and had now hosted twice) to play. It is not in my personality.
First of all, the logic of "I would have to be a moron to kill TH" does not work, because I've seen many baddies do that and say what you just did, hoping it would look too obvious. I'm not saying this makes you a baddie, but it proves nothing.

But what does make you look even worse in my eyes is the underlined sentence. I find baddies tend to use the "I would do this whether good or bad" line when they feel they are being suspected for something they don't think is right. It's like they're thinking that if they want to call me a baddie, at least do it on something that is really what I do as a baddie, not on this.
This last thing, added to you being absolutely no help in trying to find baddies makes me strongly believe llama and TH were right about you. I really didn't want to see it, but you're doing nothing to change my mind, so I'm going to be voting for you. I just wish I'd done that sooner so at least one of them would be alive now.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:
Andrew wrote:I will have to be replaced because I can't vote. See u in another mafia.
So all that was for nothing? :overreact:
:consoling:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I think Kate is one to look back at as well. She is awful quiet and I don't remember seeing much substance in her contributions. I will be rereading her and SVS today. It seems like everything points to SVS being bad, but there is still that nagging in the back of my mind that she may have been set up b/c of her emotional reaction over Andrew.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here Kate votes for herself to receive the prologue boon despite the rules against it. Perhaps an over eager mafia trying to get the prize and support before considering everything? Any time someone comes out of the gate with "For realsies guys I am a civ trust in me just in me" I get pinged:
Kate wrote:Thank you for the tributes! I love them!

ESP bwt!!

I am also going to vote Kate and ask every one else to as well, as i always do as a civ when a prize/ benefit is offered up front. I'm civ plain and simple. I'm a good choice.

If SVS is mafia (which I'm starting to think is more likely than not, all this indignation coming in), This could be seen as Kate helping to save her teammate with a drive-by vote. If SVS is taken out of the equation, then this is just a drive by vote IMO and those are just as bad. Could be Kate wants to get SVS on her side.
Kate wrote:I think good points have been made about dom. I'm sorry I don't have more time to post tonight. I'll be more active soon. Also SVS is reading civ to me thus far in this game and I think he may be trying to sway things her way. And I think he may know better.

Votes dom

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm willing to give Kate a try, because SVS doesn't seem to be working. Yes, it could be seen as too obvious for SVS, but that could be intentional. I remember trying to pull something like that off in an earlier game. It failed miserably of course, but an interesting concept nevertheless.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
That's just one piece of the puzzle though.
I'll leave it to you then. I'm not familiar with everyone's meta.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

All this sounds promising. I am willing to go with Kate or SVS....steer away boys.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Nevermind...I see you both already voted kate :D. I will vote kate as well. I will be busy the rest of the afternoon early evening.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Three quick votes on Kate. Don't know why I'm worried. I guess players are making sure to get their votes in this time?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Or Burglekutt is getting involved, of course, it's hard to tell. I'm gonna wait until the deadline to vote and gather my thoughts some more.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Three quick votes on Kate. Don't know why I'm worried. I guess players are making sure to get their votes in this time?
Guess why you are worried. Lol

I doubt I'll be lynched though. Tis is so a bad idea.

Anyhow.

I'm voting elo.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Or Burglekutt is getting involved, of course, it's hard to tell. I'm gonna wait until the deadline to vote and gather my thoughts some more.
I forgot about that option, but the votes for Kate do seem a little quick, so this might explain it. It doesn't mean anything about which side she's on though, but I don't know why people are not voting for SVS.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Kate wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Three quick votes on Kate. Don't know why I'm worried. I guess players are making sure to get their votes in this time?
Guess why you are worried. Lol

I doubt I'll be lynched though. Tis is so a bad idea.

Anyhow.

I'm voting elo.
Why are you voting Elo?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

My voting "early" was b/c I knew I would be busy this afternoon (wedding cake consult soon) and I knew I could change my vote if need be and if I had time. Kate has a few hours to defend herself.

Linki...ditto...why vote me?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Cut I think you're bad.

What should I defend against?

Maybe I'll just let you vote me and not defend and then you can say....oh well she wasn't acting civ anyway?

Unless some things changed I don't know about I won't be lynched anyway.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kate wrote:Cut I think you're bad.

Maybe I'll just let you vote me and not defend and then you can say....oh well she wasn't acting civ anyway?

This is supposed to eb a straightforward game with no lynch manipulations. Epi said that from the beginning. So....I don't believe you :p Wish I could put another vote on you just for that :)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:Also, I would have to be a moron to kill Turnip head, and the blocker must have blocked me both nights, and people were still pigged & killed.

I know you would have voted for Andrew day 1 no matter what your alignment is. I don't think at all you would have used him to give yourself cred. That was the part of the case I have the least amount of agreement with and the part of it that gave me the most doubts about llama's intentions.

That said, TH brought up some astute points the night he was killed.

If we don't vote for you, where would you suggest looking today?

Kate's got a few votes already and I'm not sure how I feel about those. What do you think about Kate or her voters?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:TH! :( :(
That sucks. I thought there was no chance he would die because the baddies wouldn't dare go after him thinking he would surely be saved by someone.

First of all, the logic of "I would have to be a moron to kill TH" does not work, because I've seen many baddies do that and say what you just did, hoping it would look too obvious. I'm not saying this makes you a baddie, but it proves nothing.

But what does make you look even worse in my eyes is the underlined sentence. I find baddies tend to use the "I would do this whether good or bad" line when they feel they are being suspected for something they don't think is right. It's like they're thinking that if they want to call me a baddie, at least do it on something that is really what I do as a baddie, not on this.
This last thing, added to you being absolutely no help in trying to find baddies makes me strongly believe llama and TH were right about you. I really didn't want to see it, but you're doing nothing to change my mind, so I'm going to be voting for you. I just wish I'd done that sooner so at least one of them would be alive now.
re: the first bolded part, I've seen svs do this when accused and she was every alignment. Like I said before, for me that was the weakest part of the case.

re the second bolded part, This is the bit I think is the most telling. I am struggling to see a civ svs that isn't bringing some sort of suspicion to the table that isn't just defending and thinking her loudest accusers are bad.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:

This is supposed to eb a straightforward game with no lynch manipulations. Epi said that from the beginning. So....I don't believe you :p Wish I could put another vote on you just for that :)
Hmm, interesting point. Where where you trying to go with this Kate?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

*Where were you going with this Kate?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Elohcin wrote:

Yeah, this seems definitely like some BS*.

*bad statements
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Why are you all lynching Kate? I doubt she is bad.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Elohcin wrote:

You're so digging your grave. Every watch Elo push my lynch. Vote her next.

Like I said I'm not sure if I'll be lynched or not.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:Why are you all lynching Kate? I doubt she is bad.
Is there anyone you would like to lynch? Because up until now, I don't think there is one person you mentioned for a lynch
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

That's a fair question.

I'm a bit confused by the push for a Kate lynch. Am I understanding correctly that the case rests pretty much on the idea that she may be SVS's partner and even if she's not the fly by day 1 vote was weird?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Good defense.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I have to leave for work soon. I think the case on SVS is stronger than the case on Kate.

vote svs
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:
Good defense.
I apparently don't need one today, lol.

I expected to come in here after work, and find myself 90% dead, and then this inexplicable turn of events happens.

I said previously that i suspent INH, and this kinda just reinforces it for me. No one has been talking about anything but me FOR DAYS, and now INH leads us to lynch...someone else? the only reason i can see for that is to keep the distraction around.
FZ. wrote:
Is there anyone you would like to lynch? Because up until now, I don't think there is one person you mentioned for a lynch
Yes i did, I said i thought INH was suspicious like days ago, before he joined Llama & THs erroneous crusade on me. The whole Kate is bad case is mainly based on association with me, so why are people lynching her before me? They want to keep the distraction around, if i am the only topic of discussion, they can skate.

So that where my vote is going, since for once i have the luxury of not having to save myself. I am voting for INH
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm late getting back on, but I'm voting for SVS as well.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”