moth
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
19%
nutella
No votes
cayvie
No votes
Underking Ores (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 16
moth
The Mark
Posts in topic: 436

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 1]

Post by moth »

Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:50 am
moth wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 pm my townread on him is that nobody seemed interested in pushing there. which gave me an impression scum wasnt into going that way.
could you talk about this/why you think this a bit more
alot of the reason my scumreads fall out in games is that I subscribe to the idea that if my push is wrong eventually, at least 1 scum will sheep me and join that read. After X amount of hours if zero people join me or even comment I usually conclude that scum is way too scared to try to join a moth led lynch- or thay scum doesnt see that lynch being successful.

there have been instances where ive caught scum right away, made the case, and everyone thought I was just really stupid/slow/weird and my ideas had no merit. The last thing id expect is to catch scum early, and other scum to bus based on a moth push.

Alas, I concluded my reasoning for a scumread on outed were lackluster and id not understood we werent even in day 1. but basically nobody agreed that outed could be scum when I was pushing him. only after I decided he could be town was there sudden dismay and discord about outed suddenly being wolfy
Lissa
The Mark
Posts in topic: 469

Post by Lissa »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 am So like I actually have nfi what the triumvirate thing is about
affects stats when members of your triumvirate die

affects how much sol (currency) you gain each phase

could possibly do other stuff as well but that's the public info, it gets a bit more specific than i was in the op
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

even when I explain things I feel like id have to teach you how an ENFP thinks. and im not even sure I understand my own axioms at times. It felt like enough time had passed that outed was a target scum wasnt ready to attack. I did not know it was visor. Doubt that made much difference however
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 am
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:50 am
moth wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 pm my townread on him is that nobody seemed interested in pushing there. which gave me an impression scum wasnt into going that way.
could you talk about this/why you think this a bit more
alot of the reason my scumreads fall out in games is that I subscribe to the idea that if my push is wrong eventually, at least 1 scum will sheep me and join that read. After X amount of hours if zero people join me or even comment I usually conclude that scum is way too scared to try to join a moth led lynch- or thay scum doesnt see that lynch being successful.

there have been instances where ive caught scum right away, made the case, and everyone thought I was just really stupid/slow/weird and my ideas had no merit. The last thing id expect is to catch scum early, and other scum to bus based on a moth push.

Alas, I concluded my reasoning for a scumread on outed were lackluster and id not understood we werent even in day 1. but basically nobody agreed that outed could be scum when I was pushing him. only after I decided he could be town was there sudden dismay and discord about outed suddenly being wolfy
ah specific to how you expect people to interact with you/your pushes, gotcha

just didn't really make sense as a generic thing without the meta context

coming back around to you just being a villager i think
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

well if you value accuracy over results youre doing fantastic
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:53 am
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:30 am I guess I'll just throw away that meta read I thought I had on you
Bastard fiesta is.... not a great example or sample etc. of my wolfing/nonvillaging if that's where that's from

I went into that game intending to be pretty shitposty and chill and occasionally hipfire a bit and then had no idea how to go about this as a non villa in the weird threadstate mix of some people doing that and some being super serious, and it resulted in me just posting poorly

Plus I was semi outed after like an hour and basically openwolfed after that lol.
Actually moreso town meta from the team mafia game than scum meta from that game. You just seemed very happy and involved in that game.
ahh let's not talk about that game, i'm not sure on the precise line of ongoing game reference rules here but it's still ongoing
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:02 am well if you value accuracy over results youre doing fantastic
are both of the words you used here the ones you meant to use
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:03 am
moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:02 am well if you value accuracy over results youre doing fantastic
Yes
If you value the fact you got my alignment correct then youre doing well.

if you value a successful mafia game where town gets quality lynches; im not sure we have a rapport necessary to correctly bring scum down because I feel like youd be more inclined to compartmentalize me into a corner where just knowing im town is all im useful for.
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

The way youve evaluated me so far has felt like you just wanna get to a point where you can safely say im a villager and call it good on me.
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:06 am
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:03 am
Yes
If you value the fact you got my alignment correct then youre doing well.

if you value a successful mafia game where town gets quality lynches; im not sure we have a rapport necessary to correctly bring scum down because I feel like youd be more inclined to compartmentalize me into a corner where just knowing im town is all im useful for.
oh

not sure. i don't intend to baseline do that, just don't think that particular read is that much of a thing i'm compelled by right now

suppose like, i'm not sure how you're ruling out the "he's a wolf nobody wants to kill right now" world
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 am The way youve evaluated me so far has felt like you just wanna get to a point where you can safely say im a villager and call it good on me.
nah

your posts are just some of the easier to develop reads on itt right now
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:14 am
moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 am The way youve evaluated me so far has felt like you just wanna get to a point where you can safely say im a villager and call it good on me.
nah

your posts are just some of the easier to develop reads on itt right now
more read-thought producing i suppose is a bit more of the word than easier but
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

got it.
I will look for you on the field of battle when the time comes if needed.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 350

Post by outed wolf »

bronana wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:38 am
outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:50 am alright fellas, time to drop some mech stuff that might help. many of this might be completely irrelevant to the game, but better you hear it anyway i suppose.

firstly: talismans:

these are almost certainly going to be mostly quickness/presence/hope/glory boosts. there may also be stardust which you would be able to apply to a talisman to increase the boost. some talismans in the game have other effects which may not be able to be transported here or may be things like: gain Sol if you're on a wolf lynch or what have you. there are also legendary talismans (at least for the major nightwing characters) that are given by sandra (part of the beyonders in game) to the characters if they pass a particularly difficult solo trial. these have character specific boosts - these may or may not be in the game, i suspect if sandra is a role in the gme her role will be related somewhat to this, but i'm not sure.

secondly: the game is part fantasy basketball and part visual novel. thus i suspect at different times during this game there will be choices to be made about which place to go (which may provide buffs/debuffs for certain characters). im expecting some kind of hidden mechanics here.

thirdly: titan stars. i'm not sure if these will play a part in this game, they are used in game to offer a more difficult challenge, but you level up faster. it is possible these are invokable or have some impact down the line but i don't think this is an early game mechanic at least right now. we will see.

i might give a quick rundown of the characters if anyone wants it
wolfy mechanics talk
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:12 amSup
wolfy sup
aight, i lold
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

kinda like nutella I think
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:21 am kinda like nutella I think
good on bread
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:22 am
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:21 am kinda like nutella I think
good on bread
i tried nutella for the first time in like november, good stuff. was great on toast/sandwiches

though i hear its different and better in europe (maybe just outside of america in general, idk) vs here

can't do dairy anymore at all anyway so i suppose it doesn't matter rip
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

gg lissa

who are the villagers
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:29 am gg lissa

who are the villagers
i am currently villa reading tutuu, moth, nutella, wilgy

in approximate descending order of strength

(could maybe swap first two, and maaaaybe last two but prob not)
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

why wilgy?

cause he didnt choose a tirum?
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:37 am why wilgy?

cause he didnt choose a tirum?
ye

its fairly thin but i feel like a wolf not picking likely to at least like... get thwacked into doing that if nothing else
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

who are the wolves lissa
Lissa
The Mark

Post by Lissa »

outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:44 am who are the wolves lissa
not real sure

marchers question about my strongest townread was kinda weird in context of what i had posted at the time but it's pretty thin / think i can get a better gauge on it if he talks about it a bit more
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 505

Post by MacDougall »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 am even when I explain things I feel like id have to teach you how an ENFP thinks. and im not even sure I understand my own axioms at times. It felt like enough time had passed that outed was a target scum wasnt ready to attack. I did not know it was visor. Doubt that made much difference however
I'm one of those too
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:53 am
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:30 am I guess I'll just throw away that meta read I thought I had on you
Bastard fiesta is.... not a great example or sample etc. of my wolfing/nonvillaging if that's where that's from

I went into that game intending to be pretty shitposty and chill and occasionally hipfire a bit and then had no idea how to go about this as a non villa in the weird threadstate mix of some people doing that and some being super serious, and it resulted in me just posting poorly

Plus I was semi outed after like an hour and basically openwolfed after that lol.
Actually moreso town meta from the team mafia game than scum meta from that game. You just seemed very happy and involved in that game.
ahh let's not talk about that game, i'm not sure on the precise line of ongoing game reference rules here but it's still ongoing
forever modding
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:33 am
outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:29 am gg lissa

who are the villagers
i am currently villa reading tutuu, moth, nutella, wilgy

in approximate descending order of strength

(could maybe swap first two, and maaaaybe last two but prob not)
omg the maaaaybe is the wolfiest thing I've ever seen lmfao
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: lissa] aubergine come and get it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 am So like I actually have nfi what the triumvirate thing is about
affects stats when members of your triumvirate die

affects how much sol (currency) you gain each phase

could possibly do other stuff as well but that's the public info, it gets a bit more specific than i was in the op
So stuff I don't care about gg
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:34 am
KZA wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:12 am
Marcher Jovian wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:38 pm [VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine
That Nanook vote weirded me out
You don't accept his reasoning? I find Tony's overall vibe scummy to this point but I don't take issue with him prodding someone that was barely noticeable. You'll notice that Nanook showed up too, and his posts didn't exactly impress me. Since you like asking questions I'll ask you one; any thoughts on Nanook himself?

Oh and I think you asked me about Moth earlier but I got distracted; he is still town.
It’s because Tony was happy to suspect people and cast shade on them, but wasn’t willing to actually back it up with a vote. Like from reputation I know sloonei and nutella are fairly experienced players, so it’d probably be hard to get either banished d1. Nanook is a really easy, random, low-commitment vote. Who’s gonna defend someone with low thread presence that hasn’t really gotten “serious” about solving yet? Like in a vacuum I don’t think someone voting Nanook is necessarily scummie, but it doesn’t really fit with the mindset Tony’s shown so far.
Like Tony: “This might be a wolf tactic because most people just leave these sort of mutual tunnels alone d1. be cautious of this”
Also Tony: leaves mutual tunnel alone, makes an easy, low-commitment vote
Why isn’t he pushing at the tunnel? It just makes me go ???

Re: Nanook is probably just lazy civilian getting pushed for a miselim.
bad
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

not sure if I like the thought process though
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Like I think the general thing scum wants to do is force me to push the slightly insane read I made to start off the day, and this is in this camp.

Also in what world is Nanook an easier MDF in general than Nutella/Sloonei?
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 0]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:18 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:42 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:33 pm
bronana wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:32 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:30 pm Oh and sloonei is already there. Hell yeah.

But why, sloonei did you state your vote/anything really so far? Why should I wanna be on your triumvirate?
wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

Sloonei has made a couple posts and isn't projecting town yet and if he doesn't start doing so soon I will be very concerned
sloonei gets like 10 posts to be supatown
@TonyStarkPrime is my town supa yet?
I don’t know. I’ve never been able to tell really.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pm Why w/w? Is it usual for them?
No, just because usually I feel that day 1 spats like this tend to resolve with neither member being the target of suspicion after a while and their position in a triumvirate together leads me to believe that neither really suspects the other.
I'm still not sure I understand the logic. Your first reflex is to think they're w/w (rather than v/v or w/v) and then just let them be?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:10 pm
Spoiler: show
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:52 pm
outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:51 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Why? We still don't know what they do?
if a member of your triumvirate dies you lose a bunch of $tat$

is his point
Oh that makes sense well I'm just dumb then I guess?
I'm just gonna tunnel sloonei nutella w/w as this conflict plays out
Can I just sheep you plz?
my one read is that two random people I'm not voting for could be paired that seems like a terrible strategy
MacDougall seems to be joking, why the serious answer?
1) yes
2) couldn’t come up with a funny response. I weirdly have meta on this if you want it
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 0]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:41 am
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 pm Hi, hi. I have skimmed.

I went with tempted a because I love temptation. Join the temptation, pls.

I'll catch up tomorrow, it's 4.20am bye bye
How should I feel about this
birthdays give passes
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 am even when I explain things I feel like id have to teach you how an ENFP thinks. and im not even sure I understand my own axioms at times. It felt like enough time had passed that outed was a target scum wasnt ready to attack. I did not know it was visor. Doubt that made much difference however
this is the scummiest post I’ve ever seen. Send him to perc for re-education
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

my first alarm went off. I think that means I should fall back asleep.
tutuu
Posts in topic: 114

Post by tutuu »

Not gonna lie

My eyes just glazed over the posts and I only paid attention to posts that included the name "tutuu" cuz im lowkey narcissistic like that tbh

Also I am a power role btw
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 314
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:05 am Carotenoid is town and I am never taking it back
they dont accept returns during covid anyway
by far the best post of 2020
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Sounds like a terminal disease
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: Carotenoid ] aubergine

I wouldn't want to lynch Marcher because he feels different than the mash I played with him.

He's still scummy but I think most of it is just surface level / not really getting his push on me.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Looking at Carotenoid's ISO I don't know where to go, as in, I think the people she's pushing are wolfy and she makes very good points / she's pushing on good stuff.

Which would make her an excellent scum hunter or just bussing her partners / creating associations.

So I'm kinda stuck there.
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Vote: tedxtr

(Literally no reason btw)

(Also how do i vote btw)
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

You have to vote in the poll above, press the circle next to me and hit submit.

if you wanna let peeps know in thread when you voted, you can use [.vote] tedxtr [./vote] without dots, but the vote in the poll is the only vote that counts.
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

what if i just vote itt but dont vote on the poll
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

it doesn't count at EoD, you have to vote in the poll
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Vote in thread : lets people know when you voted

Vote in poll : counts for an actual vote
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ok thanks

[VOTE: tutuu] aubergine

im a power role btw
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Master Radishes »

Has anyone asked tutuu yet if they're a power role.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:15 am Like I think the general thing scum wants to do is force me to push the slightly insane read I made to start off the day, and this is in this camp.

Also in what world is Nanook an easier MDF in general than Nutella/Sloonei?
The world you kill me in f3 for one 😭😭😭

(That’s right, I randomly saw my name and replied to it and nothing else, anyone that scumreads me for it should tag me so I can laugh at them)

(Also so I remember this game exists and I’m in it)
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Marcher, I supposed you were kind of memeing, but I suspect there's some relative conviction behind your moth read.

Why did you think wolf moth would complain about not being paid attention to by other people, in the wolf chat ???
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”