Post by dunya »

[VOTE: carotenoid] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Space Invaders [Day 2]

Post by nutella »

Noooooo my new bestest friend ;_; Hope to play again with you soon!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Epignosis »

Smart kill. Wish someone had looked out for Hally.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:35 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:14 am why did you tr allison off soneji interactions in the first place?
her name is alison with one l. sorry, the double l bothers me aesthetically lol.

based on him calling out and shading her d0 post then putting her in his bottom tier scum pile. it's a little thing, but i feel like it was unnecessary if soneji was w/w with alison. he could have bigger fish to dry, really.
This smells off to me. Not sure why. Revisit later.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:47 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:40 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm dunya I noticed your post about how my posts are too eloquently constructed and feel artificial and I don't really know how to respond to that except that all my posts are like that. I strive for logical rigor and consistency in basically everything I do, whether it be real life behavior, town, or mafia. I tend to adopt a more formal tone and that sometimes comes off as artificial or forced. That's all there is to it.
yeah, i know it's no fault of your own. i just tend to townread people who are loose and fast and spontaneous over people who seem to be editing and mulling over their words.

i promise to iso you and try to keep in mind that it's just you're preferred style before i make new and improved poe after soneji's flip.

also, i'm locktowning epi and tutuu.

and i am noting mac's appeal to emotion to get me to change my mind and his flipped reaction in handling me. he is saying i'm an alien in his poe, but treating my suspicion on him as town tunneling him.
that's good enough for me. thank you dunya.
This too. Funny smelling.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm If Tony is town and LC and Rej are maf who is the third maf? Someone fooling all of us consistently?
:ponder:

I do believe there are four mafia members.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

Itt: epi tunnels dunya and porto
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:57 pm I wrote up a readslist and realized I had almost everyone in the game as town or null, which means I should start re-evaluating my townreads big-time tomorrow. Currently I'm probably just going to go to sleep since it's 2am. The townreads I feel are most likely to be wolf in disguise are nanook, Mac and Epi and I will go over their ISOs first. Mechanically speaking TSP should be pretty damn close to confirmed because he basically killed Soneji with his bare hands unprovoked when Soneji was not at much risk of dying. And protocultures is the townread I am most certain of, I just do not think it is possible to fake that much paranoia and desperation for info, mingled with raw purity.
You're going to need to show your work.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm If Tony is town and LC and Rej are maf who is the third maf? Someone fooling all of us consistently?

3 left with 1 zapped tho :biggrin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 464

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:29 pm Smart kill. Wish someone had looked out for Hally.
Ooh the shade
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 pm

3 left with 1 zapped tho :biggrin:
That's true.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:29 pm Smart kill. Wish someone had looked out for Hally.
Ooh the shade
Eh?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:37 pm Itt: epi tunnels dunya and porto
In protolane, tunnels run both ways.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I announce that we now have a dead/spectator chat for Space Invaders. If you would like to join it, please send me a private message in the forum or in discord, and I'll give you the link.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

But while you're here dunya, tell me about this:
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:18 pm
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:26 am
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:48 am What is it about Epi's play that's unimaginable?
its so openly selfish and uncooperative in a way where it is clear that town should be cooperating to increases chances of winning.
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:03 am "you guys do whatever you want, but I cant trust any of your plans because you might be aliens. My ONE job as a bunker is to save Nutella. I dont care that we discussed a plan to reduce wasted bunker shots on Night 1, I dont trust any of you or math or nothing. I am a bunker and I need to save Nutella. I insta lock in my save before anyone can say anything and then cast doubt on my own save to enocurage others to do the same because I might be an alien". Thats basically my TL;DR of their play so far and why i find it scummy.
I don't see it as an issue because that is the personality shtick that Epi has cultivated over the years. I fully support you yanking hard on this thread though. Good to have fresh eyes. Just don't expect him to dance.
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:06 am Dont shoot proto nutella i am over my annoyance however im adamant that cooperation between him and I (american english would say "him and me", in british english its "him and I" fwiw. i know this from the film scott pilgrimm vs the world) is impossible and my energy is better spent elsewhere
I was taught to take out the other person. If you say "You should pick me!" then you'd say "You should pick him and me!", and saying "I am going to the slugmarket" would inform you to say "He and I are going to the slugmarket". I don't know if "him and I" is ever good. Epi is an English teacher though, maybe he'll weigh in. Never heard of the British/American divide on that one.
thanks for a response that helps me understand their meta and why they are being townread for it.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

Half the people here have zero experience with me. :eye:
How can proto be thankful for a response helping the understanding of my "meta" and why people support me when most of the people here don't know me?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

You don't know me man, you don't know how much cereal I want in my milk, YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD JEFF
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

RIP Hally, you will be missed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This kill points pretty heavily at players that aren't super attentive. Hally threatened to bunker save herself. Seems a risky shot. Or even a stupid one if she actually carried through her threat.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 pm
How can proto be thankful for a response helping the understanding of my "meta" and why people support me when most of the people here don't know me?
I'm glad u asked. From the post you quoted it's clear that LC does have experience with you, correct?

Proto (sorry my phone autocorrect to Porto sometimes...great city in Portugal tbh lol) just joined from playing video mafia with Mac on zoom or discord. He doesn't know anyone else in this game but mac. Why is it reasonable to assume that Proto knows that more than half the players in this game have no experience with you? Why is it unreasonable for Proto to assume you've all kind of played together before?

I don't find this post suspicious as such.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:05 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:22 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:32 am idk why you wouldn’t just take what i’m saying at face value given how well i know him. you aren’t wrong in the sense that if i was scum here i’d still tr and hard defend dizzy because doing anything less would out myself to him since he’d know i was bs-ing and would never not tr him when he is town. but you don’t know that.
uh, what now? you literally answered your own question. i said you're trying to pocket him. i think i know how to play mafia, so i don't need to know how you usually treat dizzy to make my own conclusions about what you could be doing in your posts. i make my own deductions based on your words and tone :biggrin:

you're approaching me in a very negative light despite never playing with me, or trying to tone read and understand why i am suspicious. if you expect to get an easy TR just cos dizzy told me you're town, that's not gonna happen with me tbh. ;p
yes, but my point is that you jump to the conclusion of me being scum pocketing him instead of the very real and more obvious conclusion that i’m just town who is using my experience with dizzy to accurately town read him. again, i would do the same as scum, but i dont see from your pov why you should weigh scum angle more than the more obvious town angle

sorry, but i don’t feel im being overly harsh or negative or rude to you or anything? you aren’t my main suspect by a long shot, to clarify. im merely suspecting you in a mafia game just as you’re suspecting me. it’s fine and not personal in the slightest on my end, nor do take it personally from you. this is a game and i consider you all my friends even though we’ve only just met!
Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:09 pm the management of conflict and general "I want you to know that even if I scumread you I still like you as a person" sentiment on this site is a huge breath of fresh air compared to what I'm used to
I want to acknowledge this post. Things around here tend to be pretty chill overall. :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:18 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:16 pm also the stuff you mention re: LC’s scum read on dunya is why im tinfoiling them as possibly paired. because i feel like theyve both been sussing each other on and off but dont actually seem interested in pushing the other at all? and their interactions at the start where dunya immediately told nut to shoot LC before he even posted and then scum read his very null entrance and then LC responded by omgusing dunya and telling nut to shoot her instead felt like scum theater to me. and then they both seemed to just drop it. bad feels
to my credit, i opened his iso but it is so lacking in actual game-relevant content it didn't interest me at the time to pursue it. i'm behind in the game and isos and there are meatier isos for me to get through. remember, i skipped d1, so a lot of my reads haven't been built on yet. i'm getting caught up, but also it's slow and whatever.

the dance gifs were cute tho tbh.
dunya, this makes no sense to me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I'm a civilian, and I open someone's posts and see it's lacking in "actual game-relevant content" I'm going to take the 30 seconds it takes to post it all and say "This guy needs to die."
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:22 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm dunya I noticed your post about how my posts are too eloquently constructed and feel artificial and I don't really know how to respond to that except that all my posts are like that. I strive for logical rigor and consistency in basically everything I do, whether it be real life behavior, town, or mafia. I tend to adopt a more formal tone and that sometimes comes off as artificial or forced. That's all there is to it.
yeah, i know it's no fault of your own. i just tend to townread people who are loose and fast and spontaneous over people who seem to be editing and mulling over their words.

i promise to iso you and try to keep in mind that it's just you're preferred style before i make new and improved poe after soneji's flip.

and i am noting mac's appeal to emotion to get me to change my mind and his flipped reaction in handling me. he is saying i'm an alien in his poe, but treating my suspicion on him as town tunneling him.
but why dont you town read me then? am i not fast and loose and spontaneous? because i feel that description fits me better than almost anyone this game. whats your suspicion on me based on? is it just the dizzy stuff or something else?
:beer:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:39 pm
Ooh the shade
Eh?
You weren't trolling proto here? Ok.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I don't want to let other game influence me. I don't enjoy tunnelling, and i felt sincere frustration from him in his first 2 posts so idk what to tell ya, but I have bigger fish to fry?

Epi, you're trying to read everything I say in a negative light and that's bad. I think you're town so I urge you to stop doing that and get out of that tunnel before it's too late.

Oh and here :beer:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:32 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:14 am why did you tr allison off soneji interactions in the first place?
her name is alison with one l. sorry, the double l bothers me aesthetically lol.

based on him calling out and shading her d0 post then putting her in his bottom tier scum pile. it's a little thing, but i feel like it was unnecessary if soneji was w/w with alison. he could have bigger fish to dry, really.
Might be the dry fish
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I kind of want to just clear both Epi and Dunya off that kill for dumb reasons
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]nutella[/mention] do you think Dunya would kill Hally after subbing in and then make a post like "oh a syndikat would never do dis omg"?

Notwithstanding I am like 99% sure Epi would have absolutely vetoed that kill if he was mafia.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Might be the dry fish
Lmao

I should stop playing mafia on my phone tbh

But actually the fact there's no caps in that post implies it wasn't a phone post.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:02 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:39 pm
Ooh the shade
Eh?
You weren't trolling proto here? Ok.
No. I'm too far behind to troll anyone.

My meaning was that I considered Hally a good save and Hally wasn't saved. That's unfortunate. Nothing more to it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:06 pm @nutella do you think Dunya would kill Hally after subbing in and then make a post like "oh a syndikat would never do dis omg"?

Notwithstanding I am like 99% sure Epi would have absolutely vetoed that kill if he was mafia.
The answer is no, never.

For my ref so I can use this in the future for meta.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:32 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:22 pm

but why dont you town read me then? am i not fast and loose and spontaneous? because i feel that description fits me better than almost anyone this game. whats your suspicion on me based on? is it just the dizzy stuff or something else?
i am still undecided on you. i have been reading you as the game progresses, but i haven't iso'd you in succession yet and really weighed out your contributions. i'm going through it. you subbed in on my day off of mafia ;p

you're a great player and im enjoying reading you, but i have no experience what you're like as anti-town. if you're town, i'll probably get there by seeing town motive.

and it wasn't just the dizzy thing, it was how quickly you tried to shade and discredit your "town lean" simply because i don't want to take what you say as written in stone, as though i committed a great big crime. what kind of town player believes everything everyone says as soon as they say it? mafia would be a weird game. :p why shouldn't one of you or dizzy be lying to me?
This is horseshit.

dunya didn't give Hally and chance to do anything because she killed Hally.

And now we're expected to think, "Oh gosh, dunya wouldn't kill her suspect."

Garbage.

Shoot dunya (whom I adore). XD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The name that stands out here to me is tutuu. Their general demeanour has been quite weird since the Soneji flip. They feel like a hit to me. Their reaction to dunya's ate was super opportunistic and weird buddying.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:43 pm current GTH reads

Alison - town (it's a weak one but i read their iso)
Hally - town (i like their eagerness and push from me, but i hven't read their iso yet)
Carotenoid - alien (feels way too reserved, read their iso, also the player salad)
MacDougall - alien (the ate gets to me but im not fully swayed, did not read their iso)
Dyslexicon - alien (just feels too much on the defensive and could be thread environment, did not iso yet)
Epignosis - town (read their iso, and despite the coffee tell. i know epi drinks coffee around 8am every day, eloh tells me so :p ). i just remembered the last time i lock towned epi in that one game as leetic's partner and he was mafia. rip.
Long Con - town (idk, i think LC loves rolling alien and puts up more of a contribution. also he seemed genuinely bugged by my day 0 suspicions that felt more townie than alien, so i'm gonna go with town)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - town (not too much meat in their iso, but i realize the game culture nanook comes from now lol)
protocultures - town (the emotion in several of his posts seem very genuine to me, but i could swing both ways here, have not read his iso yet)
Rej - alien (very low presence, dislike, read their iso)
TonyStarkPrime - alien (this is probably my weakest alien feel cos i think most of his posts are town, but the inconsistencies in his reads bugs me without actual thread development, skimmed his iso tbf, he has a lot of posts)
tutuu - lock town
Here's that post I saw about the coffee thing. None of the talk about me says shit about me HERE. It's all about coffee or the last time I was bad with leetic (and I don't even remember that).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I find it almost offensive to assume I'd kill a new member after she subbed in and read 30 pages tbh.

Your read is garbage epi.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:06 pm @nutella do you think Dunya would kill Hally after subbing in and then make a post like "oh a syndikat would never do dis omg"?

The answer is no, never.

I am getting deja vu and a strong sense that I should just believe you.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:43 pm current GTH reads

Alison - town (it's a weak one but i read their iso)
Hally - town (i like their eagerness and push from me, but i hven't read their iso yet)
Carotenoid - alien (feels way too reserved, read their iso, also the player salad)
MacDougall - alien (the ate gets to me but im not fully swayed, did not read their iso)
Dyslexicon - alien (just feels too much on the defensive and could be thread environment, did not iso yet)
Epignosis - town (read their iso, and despite the coffee tell. i know epi drinks coffee around 8am every day, eloh tells me so :p ). i just remembered the last time i lock towned epi in that one game as leetic's partner and he was mafia. rip.
Long Con - town (idk, i think LC loves rolling alien and puts up more of a contribution. also he seemed genuinely bugged by my day 0 suspicions that felt more townie than alien, so i'm gonna go with town)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - town (not too much meat in their iso, but i realize the game culture nanook comes from now lol)
protocultures - town (the emotion in several of his posts seem very genuine to me, but i could swing both ways here, have not read his iso yet)
Rej - alien (very low presence, dislike, read their iso)
TonyStarkPrime - alien (this is probably my weakest alien feel cos i think most of his posts are town, but the inconsistencies in his reads bugs me without actual thread development, skimmed his iso tbf, he has a lot of posts)
tutuu - lock town
Here's that post I saw about the coffee thing. None of the talk about me says shit about me HERE. It's all about coffee or the last time I was bad with leetic (and I don't even remember that).
You don't remember cos you n1 killed me :p something you claim "you never do"
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:08 pm

The answer is no, never.

I believe this, dunya town then.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 pm I find it almost offensive to assume I'd kill a new member after she subbed in and read 30 pages tbh.

You weren't here for most of the Night, were you?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:30 am i decided not to play mafia on my bday. i have a lot of catching up to do.

hi hally! thanks for the birthday message, i appreciate it. you can get a town pass tonight cos if it.

why do so many people suspect me, are you guys crazy or are you crazy? must be crazy ;p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 pm I find it almost offensive to assume I'd kill a new member after she subbed in and read 30 pages tbh.

You weren't here for most of the Night, were you?
False. I've been here for hours. And posting.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not doing time zone math, but I don't care. I'm not ruling you out.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:30 am i decided not to play mafia on my bday. i have a lot of catching up to do.

hi hally! thanks for the birthday message, i appreciate it. you can get a town pass tonight cos if it.

why do so many people suspect me, are you guys crazy or are you crazy? must be crazy ;p
That was day 1, silly!
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:12 pm wow I know no syndicat would agree to offing a brand new player on our site who just replaced in.

Rip Hally, I'm sorry you can't play more pls stick around cos you're awesome :(
So do you think all the remaining aliens are non-syndicat?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 pm

That was day 1, silly!
As long as nutella kills your three teammates I can stop suspecting you.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Space Invaders [Day 0]

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 pm ok, misread the OP - I thought each Bunker could only protect once. Apparently they have 4 shots. Still not enough to waste them on a mass protect of every player in the game.
Is this generally NAI to people these days? Failure to read all of the Town role PM, no biggie?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

On page 28 on proto's massive wall of nonsense that I have no strength to read right now.

Just posting this here as a reminder. I might get back to it later tonight but I doubt it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Voting though also.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:19 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:12 pm wow I know no syndicat would agree to offing a brand new player on our site who just replaced in.

Rip Hally, I'm sorry you can't play more pls stick around cos you're awesome :(
So do you think all the remaining aliens are non-syndicat?
I mean, apart from epi who is town (but silly), there's only LC and Mac who are "syndicats".

Both of those are capable of extreme wifom, but yeah, I wouldn't really wanna bet my money on it anymore right now.

Return to “Previous Heists”