Moderator: Community Team

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Space Invaders [Day 2]

Post by Alison »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:58 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm ftr, I have used "flowery language" in basically all my reads so far. Go back and look at my stuff with Epi and Dizzy when I was fighting with them, or even my case on Caro (which was a weaker case than the one I am raising against LC right now).
i should have clarified, it's not the "flowery" language that bugged me, it's the potential of TMI in your defences.
How is it TMI when someone I have in my top 3 PoE uses logic I think is completely flawed to attack one of my top 3 townreads in a way that tries to completely misinterpret the meaning behind what she said? Do you expect me to not use strong language to react to that?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm the premise is that we want Nutella to select the saves on them each night to avoid aliens self selecting into the pool or biasing Nutella to pick them.
The point is that tutuu going "I, personally, am going to use my save on nutella tonight" is a very far cry from "I am trying to control who does and doesn't use their saves on nutella tonight".
Which statement is more likely for an Alien to use in the thread?
???

The point is that who tutuu does and doesn't use her save on doesn't affect who else uses their save on nutella. If nutella wants to order half the game to use their save on her, tutuu's save is independent on that. If nutella decides to play it risky and tell the town to independently decide if they want to save her... tutuu's save is also independent of that. Whether or not tutuu saves nutella has no impact on any protection schemes nutella may or may not come up with - just like Epi saying he saved nutella had no impact on the identities or number of the 3 people she had protecting her last night.
the whole point of nutella announcing saves on them is to reduce wasted bunker saves and manage risk at the same time.

You cant view each person's save as independent, because we are all in a bunkersave pool together.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:55 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:36 pm What if they scumread Rej for having a low postcount? Its kinda how you got scummier that one day you were afk.
i don't theorize on why a player could be scum reading another player. if they list them in bottom three of their POE and repeatedly shade them and pair them with our flipped mafia, they should have made it OBVIOUS why they scum read them. otherwise, this looks like distancing to me.
Yeah I like your case on carotte with the caveat that I had reason to think she wasn't soneji's teammate.
do u remember why? it could help me move on from carot if it's a big reason. soneji's last post was laughing hysterically at carot questioning you (or calling it dangerous) for your choice of kill. was that it?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

If someone states they are protecting me that is going to influence how I think about the plan and I will take into account the possibility they're lying to determine which people I choose to get the safest spread.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:58 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm @Long Con but wifom

an alien saying they protected someone who was universally town read by the thread in case they get nkd is going to sit well in people's minds than him coming in and saying he didn't do anything, is still behind in the thread, short on time, etc. right?
WIFOM is always a possibility. Rej insinuates the idea that he has protections into our minds.
Bwwoooooonnngggg
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:58 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:49 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:45 pm its not even a joke, nanook seriously suggested that us making reads doesnt matter, nutella making reads is the only thing that matters

i was skeptical at first, but seeing proto's arguments, i can't help but agree
I feel like you dont understand how RNG works,
You are right. Everything in mafia is based off of a Random Number Generator. Hally was just as likely to be killed as any other player in the game. The night kill could have easily been Rej. It was just the spin of the wheel.

In the end of the day people's words doesn't matter. Words are irrational. Emotional. Nonsensical. Everyone could be town, and everyone could be scum. Reading people's posts and trying to understand them is fruitless because you can't know what alignment did they RNG'd. That's why I don't bother trying to read people. It's a fruitless effort.
okok, let me roleplay too. ready?

wahhh wahhh wahhh I feel attacked/triggered/offended. I am going to ragequit for some random amount of time and come back and then do the same thing again.

The point of the protection scheme on Nutella is that its random with a specified number of people.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:55 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:36 pm What if they scumread Rej for having a low postcount? Its kinda how you got scummier that one day you were afk.
i don't theorize on why a player could be scum reading another player. if they list them in bottom three of their POE and repeatedly shade them and pair them with our flipped mafia, they should have made it OBVIOUS why they scum read them. otherwise, this looks like distancing to me.
Yeah I like your case on carotte with the caveat that I had reason to think she wasn't soneji's teammate.
do u remember why? it could help me move on from carot if it's a big reason. soneji's last post was laughing hysterically at carot questioning you (or calling it dangerous) for your choice of kill. was that it?
The post where she was like "why soneji" when I was planning to blast him
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm the premise is that we want Nutella to select the saves on them each night to avoid aliens self selecting into the pool or biasing Nutella to pick them.
The point is that tutuu going "I, personally, am going to use my save on nutella tonight" is a very far cry from "I am trying to control who does and doesn't use their saves on nutella tonight".
???

The point is that who tutuu does and doesn't use her save on doesn't affect who else uses their save on nutella. If nutella wants to order half the game to use their save on her, tutuu's save is independent on that. If nutella decides to play it risky and tell the town to independently decide if they want to save her... tutuu's save is also independent of that. Whether or not tutuu saves nutella has no impact on any protection schemes nutella may or may not come up with - just like Epi saying he saved nutella had no impact on the identities or number of the 3 people she had protecting her last night.
the whole point of nutella announcing saves on them is to reduce wasted bunker saves and manage risk at the same time.

You cant view each person's save as independent, because we are all in a bunkersave pool together.
I'm like 90% certain it is straight up game theoretically incorrect for nutella to allow tutuu's post saying that she will protect nutella - or Epi's post saying that he will protect nutella - to control or affect her protection scheme in any way
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm ftr, I have used "flowery language" in basically all my reads so far. Go back and look at my stuff with Epi and Dizzy when I was fighting with them, or even my case on Caro (which was a weaker case than the one I am raising against LC right now).
i should have clarified, it's not the "flowery" language that bugged me, it's the potential of TMI in your defences.
How is it TMI when someone I have in my top 3 PoE uses logic I think is completely flawed to attack one of my top 3 townreads in a way that tries to completely misinterpret the meaning behind what she said? Do you expect me to not use strong language to react to that?
it didn't feel to me like you were genuinely trying to figure out why LC said what he said. it isn't a hugely controversial opinion that he held (several people disagree with tutuu's take) and it felt exaggerated.

counterpoint: epi is guilty of this with me and he's town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:03 pm The point of the protection scheme on Nutella is that its random with a specified number of people.
Yes. Which is why viewing tutuu's post as being some huge subversion of the protection scheme is not correct, because tutuu's claimed actions can't/shouldn't affect the algorithm that determines who is on nutella tonight, whether or not it is determined by RNG or PoE or some other factor.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:03 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:58 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:49 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:45 pm its not even a joke, nanook seriously suggested that us making reads doesnt matter, nutella making reads is the only thing that matters

i was skeptical at first, but seeing proto's arguments, i can't help but agree
I feel like you dont understand how RNG works,
You are right. Everything in mafia is based off of a Random Number Generator. Hally was just as likely to be killed as any other player in the game. The night kill could have easily been Rej. It was just the spin of the wheel.

In the end of the day people's words doesn't matter. Words are irrational. Emotional. Nonsensical. Everyone could be town, and everyone could be scum. Reading people's posts and trying to understand them is fruitless because you can't know what alignment did they RNG'd. That's why I don't bother trying to read people. It's a fruitless effort.
okok, let me roleplay too. ready?

wahhh wahhh wahhh I feel attacked/triggered/offended. I am going to ragequit for some random amount of time and come back and then do the same thing again.

The point of the protection scheme on Nutella is that its random with a specified number of people.
C’mon now, don’t be a dick
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:03 pm
???

I'm like 90% certain it is straight up game theoretically incorrect for nutella to allow tutuu's post saying that she will protect nutella - or Epi's post saying that he will protect nutella - to control or affect her protection scheme in any way
I agree.

So why are you trying to protect tutuu's post as not anti-town?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

i have not submitted an action btw
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:07 pm i have not submitted an action btw
it's day 2 so i don't assume you have :biggrin:

:hugs:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i think nutella asking 3-4 players to protect her every night is optimal.

the rest of us all get to decide what we want to do, whether it's save our protect, self protect, protect someone else. this is a game of mafia, not a game of follow the leader tbh. just track that shit so we can keep tabs.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:05 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:03 pm The point of the protection scheme on Nutella is that its random with a specified number of people.
Yes. Which is why viewing tutuu's post as being some huge subversion of the protection scheme is not correct, because tutuu's claimed actions can't/shouldn't affect the algorithm that determines who is on nutella tonight, whether or not it is determined by RNG or PoE or some other factor.
It wastes a bunker save.
Alison

Post by Alison »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:05 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm
it didn't feel to me like you were genuinely trying to figure out why LC said what he said. it isn't a hugely controversial opinion that he held (several people disagree with tutuu's take) and it felt exaggerated.

counterpoint: epi is guilty of this with me and he's town.
I think anyone who agrees that "tutuu says she will protect nutella" is logically equivalent to "tutuu is influencing nutella's protection scheme tonight" is either wrong or baselessly assuming that nutella is going to screw up (and if nutella is letting tutuu or anyone's posts influence her protection scheme tonight, then yes I think she is screwing up). The reason why I read LC as scum for it was because I thought it was so obviously wrong that the only reason you could have that view was because you were intentionally trying to twist tutuu's words to seem like something they aren't. After proto said they agreed with that view I said I would give credence to the idea that maybe a townie could just legitimately believe something like that. I still think it's wrong; people agreeing with the idea has changed my mind on how obviously wrong it is to everyone else, but not with the fundamental idea that it's wrong in the first place.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if im wrong on my scumreads it means alison pocketed me imo because she remained calm throughough this whole bs and i feel like if she was town she would get at least a little mad like me. tho i dont know her so this might not be tru
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:05 pm
It wastes a bunker save.
you want the minumum number of saves required to get to a risk threhold you are comfortable with, and no more.
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:06 pm
???

I agree.

Because if it is game theoretically incorrect for nutella to do X because tutuu said Y then tutuu saying Y can't be seen as an attempt to manipulate nutella into doing X unless you're just assuming nutella will allow her protection scheme to be manipulated and controlled by whoever is the most insistent on going rogue and refusing to follow orders to holster.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

like, i'm not letting anyone dictate how i play at night tbh and i'm not gonna tell ya'll what to do either, whether the math adds up or not. we're playing a fun cool setup and let's just like enjoy it. everyone's heard the argument for the numbers, and everyone can decide for themselves.

when nutella asks me to protect her, i will. otherwise, it's up to me how i wanna swing at night ;p
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 pm if im wrong on my scumreads it means alison pocketed me imo because she remained calm throughough this whole bs and i feel like if she was town she would get at least a little mad like me. tho i dont know her so this might not be tru
I don't generally make it a habit to get actually angry at internet forum games played for no stakes. I got frustrated by people not seeing the logic of my view and that was reflected in my strong wording (which, funnily enough, has been pointd to by other people as being scummy).
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

???

We think and play differently. When I'm scum, I sometimes try to implement *plans* with scum-beneficial results. When I'm town, I sometimes analyze posts based on seeing how a scum plan might be going. When I saw tutuu's repeated reminder, I thought "saying it again, with a reminder that he's repeating himself, is more insistent than I'd expect, hmm," and then "Ok, so now we have two people protecting nutella", and then a couple of little alarm bells started going off, and I saw a possible *plan*.

Subvert and insinuate into the nutella protection, attempt to create complacency on a night where a double kill can be directed at nutella. This is a plan that I would try, if I thought of it.

This is how I develop my suspicions. I can read twenty pages of Mafia, and every post can be "Well, they could say that as town of scum, I don't know." Even when other players are calling out "town posts" and "scum posts" all over the place, most of them are wrong or lucky in the early game, in my opinion. When I see something I think feels really towny, I call it out, and I tend to stick with that true feeling I had. Sometimes it's wrong; I called nutella out on a beautiful towny post in Escape From Trump Tower, and never questioned it, and she ate us alive.

Likewise, when I see something that strikes me as scummy, I call it out. I understand your perspective, that a town bunker can just be exerting their independence by adding extra protection to nutella, or by faking a protect to lull the Aliens into allowing a mittful of protections to survive later in the game. I'm not denying that's a possibility. I'm bringing up my perspective, that an Alien plan would look like this.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:06 pm

???

I agree.

Because if it is game theoretically incorrect for nutella to do X because tutuu said Y then tutuu saying Y can't be seen as an attempt to manipulate nutella into doing X unless you're just assuming nutella will allow her protection scheme to be manipulated and controlled by whoever is the most insistent on going rogue and refusing to follow orders to holster.
I have no idea how Nutella chooses her 3. In my ideal world, they would use google rng. They probably dont. I dont think we should assume nutella doesnt allow these factors to bias her picks.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also a point in alison's favor is that she is beautifully articulate and well spoken to the point where i just seriously enjoy reading her. she has a good way with words imo and can clearly describe how she's feeling with good use of adjectives all around. im not used to that :p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You're mixing up the games btw lc it was FTL where I ate y'all, I didn't play or even follow Gman's game
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i didnt even know nutella is rng'ing her protectors

i didnt read any of the plans or stuff. i thought she just picked 3 ppl that she thought cant be a team
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

there's loads of people online. shall we play a game of GTH? ;)
Alison

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:14 pm
???

We think and play differently. When I'm scum, I sometimes try to implement *plans* with scum-beneficial results. When I'm town, I sometimes analyze posts based on seeing how a scum plan might be going. When I saw tutuu's repeated reminder, I thought "saying it again, with a reminder that he's repeating himself, is more insistent than I'd expect, hmm," and then "Ok, so now we have two people protecting nutella", and then a couple of little alarm bells started going off, and I saw a possible *plan*.

Subvert and insinuate into the nutella protection, attempt to create complacency on a night where a double kill can be directed at nutella. This is a plan that I would try, if I thought of it.

This is how I develop my suspicions. I can read twenty pages of Mafia, and every post can be "Well, they could say that as town of scum, I don't know." Even when other players are calling out "town posts" and "scum posts" all over the place, most of them are wrong or lucky in the early game, in my opinion. When I see something I think feels really towny, I call it out, and I tend to stick with that true feeling I had. Sometimes it's wrong; I called nutella out on a beautiful towny post in Escape From Trump Tower, and never questioned it, and she ate us alive.

Likewise, when I see something that strikes me as scummy, I call it out. I understand your perspective, that a town bunker can just be exerting their independence by adding extra protection to nutella, or by faking a protect to lull the Aliens into allowing a mittful of protections to survive later in the game. I'm not denying that's a possibility. I'm bringing up my perspective, that an Alien plan would look like this.
Do you legitimately think that scum!tutuu decided to try to manipulate nutella into decreasing the number of protections on her by repeating "I am going to protect nutella" until nutella is like, badgered into adding tutuu into the protection scheme on something? Because that is so out of this world and so unlikely a plan to work that I don't think I'd ever consider or care about it as town, which is why I came to the conclusion that you were trying to twist tutuu's words to find some justification to attack them from.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:01 pm If someone states they are protecting me that is going to influence how I think about the plan and I will take into account the possibility they're lying to determine which people I choose to get the safest spread.
[mention]Alison[/mention]

your assumption is incorrect.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:18 pm i didnt even know nutella is rng'ing her protectors

i didnt read any of the plans or stuff. i thought she just picked 3 ppl that she thought cant be a team
I'm not rnging it. Your last sentence is basically correct.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:16 pm also a point in alison's favor is that she is beautifully articulate and well spoken to the point where i just seriously enjoy reading her. she has a good way with words imo and can clearly describe how she's feeling with good use of adjectives all around. im not used to that :p
good news: I'm signed up for a couple of other games on the site so we can play together more. you, hally and tutuu are really fun to play with, I feel like you get me a lot and hally and tutuu just has a lovely tone and intuitive way of expressing themselves
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LC's view is reasonable from my point of view. I very well could have been psychologically manipulated into tutuu automatically being one of the protects and picking an overall less safe pool if she is a lying alien.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:19 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:18 pm i didnt even know nutella is rng'ing her protectors

I'm not rnging it. Your last sentence is basically correct.
ok cool

i wanted u to pick me because i was under the false assumption that im consensus townread and i didnt wanna die like hally

i dont understand why we didnt include more consensus townreads in ur protection. thats what im saying

now that i a no longer consensus townread - whatever

(i have already made this exact post before earlier today)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:17 pm You're mixing up the games btw lc it was FTL where I ate y'all, I didn't play or even follow Gman's game
Ah, thank you. Out of curiosity, how did it feel when I made that post commending how towny your post was?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also tutuu already hasn't looked great since the Soneji flip and I feel like she is trying to emphasize her early town cred to drown out dissent.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:01 pm If someone states they are protecting me that is going to influence how I think about the plan and I will take into account the possibility they're lying to determine which people I choose to get the safest spread.
I'm almost certain this is game theoretically incorrect both because it allows scum (especially a deepwolf) to influence your protection scheme in their favor and because it essentially causes your protection scheme to be hijacked by whoever is the most insistent on protecting you or claiming to protect you despite orders to the contrary.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:17 pm You're mixing up the games btw lc it was FTL where I ate y'all, I didn't play or even follow Gman's game
Ah, thank you. Out of curiosity, how did it feel when I made that post commending how towny your post was?
I don't remember which post it was specifically. But that whole game felt pretty great. :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 pm LC's view is reasonable from my point of view. I very well could have been psychologically manipulated into tutuu automatically being one of the protects and picking an overall less safe pool if she is a lying alien.
then try to read me?

are we not playing a game of mafia?

"tutuu is town for being adamant to be picked"

"tutuu is scum for being adamant to be picked"

"stfu tutuu"

like any of those are fine

"tutuu you FUNDAMENTALLY should NOT DO what you DID because FUNMDAMENTALLY its anti-town" - this is extremely silly
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:18 pm Do you legitimately think that scum!tutuu decided to try to manipulate nutella into decreasing the number of protections on her by repeating "I am going to protect nutella" until nutella is like, badgered into adding tutuu into the protection scheme on something? Because that is so out of this world and so unlikely a plan to work that I don't think I'd ever consider or care about it as town, which is why I came to the conclusion that you were trying to twist tutuu's words to find some justification to attack them from.
i actually believe alison believes this. genuinely.

also, imo carot and alison can't be w/w because of the heavy push on alison in carot's iso. :p

i am checking the soneji stuff now re: carot tho.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:23 pm
I'm almost certain this is game theoretically incorrect both because it allows scum (especially a deepwolf) to influence your protection scheme in their favor and because it essentially causes your protection scheme to be hijacked by whoever is the most insistent on protecting you or claiming to protect you despite orders to the contrary.
It may be, but I can't help the fact that my decision could be influenced. I'm not picking in a vacuum. So your problem lies with epi/tutuu stating these claims in the first place so that there is no chance of me being unfairly influenced.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I hard agree with this but cant make Nutella do anything so it is what it is.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I guess since apparently everyone just agrees that there's a significant possibility that nutella can indeed be badgered into changing her protection scheme based on the claims of people in thread that LC's concern was reasonable after all so I retract my scumread on him

tutuu is still town though.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:49 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:48 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 pm Why Soneji? I like his reads and he's not even there.
I'm not impressed by his reads tbh. Pushing Epi is not a favorable point to me right now.
Make a list of names of players you want to shoot and I'll tell you who to shoot out of the list. What can go wrong?
Soneji > you > rej > carot > dizzy

Carot prob gets a newbie pass though she's in a concurrent game as well tbf
I veto you shooting anyone on this list aside from me and Soneji.
tinfoil moment: mac bussing soneji

but i am not allowed to scumread mac. bad dunya!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:23 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 pm LC's view is reasonable from my point of view. I very well could have been psychologically manipulated into tutuu automatically being one of the protects and picking an overall less safe pool if she is a lying alien.
then try to read me?

are we not playing a game of mafia?

"tutuu is town for being adamant to be picked"

"tutuu is scum for being adamant to be picked"

"stfu tutuu"

like any of those are fine

"tutuu you FUNDAMENTALLY should NOT DO what you DID because FUNMDAMENTALLY its anti-town" - this is extremely silly
You're backpedaling to push on the idea that you were "asking" to be picked for the doc pool. Your initial wording was just "I will use it" -- Epi-style. You weren't asking for me to choose you, you phrased it as you were already going to do it regardless. Tbh this dishonesty feels slimy.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:25 pm
It may be, but I can't help the fact that my decision could be influenced. I'm not picking in a vacuum. So your problem lies with epi/tutuu stating these claims in the first place so that there is no chance of me being unfairly influenced.
not gonna push strongly either way, but the only way to actually benefit from the rng calculations is to actually rng the list and overprotect if needed.

if you pick 4 today including Tutuu and Epi, chance of instant lose is NOT 1.4% or whatever I calculated earlier.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The plan was never to RNG it though. It was to pick people in the POE who aren't likely to all be teamed.

On the double kp nights though I might want to play it safer and have more townreads in it though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Though though though lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 pm Why Soneji? I like his reads and he's not even there.
[mention]protocultures[/mention] this is a post carot made when nutella said she was blasting soneji's face. soneji had like, 2 posts to his name and she "liked his reads", and doesn't want nutella killing them because they are not present. so i will remove that assumption tingling me that carot was triggered by rej because of low activity now.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:30 pm The plan was never to RNG it though. It was to pick people in the POE who aren't likely to all be teamed.

On the double kp nights though I might want to play it safer and have more townreads in it though.
if you were never going to rng it, Im just going to stop doing the math because it doesnt matter. Which is fine, less work for me.

Return to “Previous Heists”