Re: Space Invaders [Day 2]

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dunya I think your mechanics approach is somewhere between anti-town and open wolfing, but your pockets are too deep for me to get out of. Wanna be masons? Nothing could possibly go wrong.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Prob still just shooting rej tbh

Wish carotte would talk more
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I can real time for like 15ish minutes it anyone is around. WHO WANTS TO GET SNAPREAD
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:47 pm Dunya I think your mechanics approach is somewhere between anti-town and open wolfing, but your pockets are too deep for me to get out of. Wanna be masons? Nothing could possibly go wrong.
I'm down

What do u think of dizzy today?

Nobody? SAD!

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:27 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:47 pm Dunya I think your mechanics approach is somewhere between anti-town and open wolfing, but your pockets are too deep for me to get out of. Wanna be masons? Nothing could possibly go wrong.
I'm down

I’ll ISO them later
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Gth is tutuu town?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Alison[/mention] can u link me to any past town games?
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Post by protocultures »

Day 2

Hally died. Shame on you aliens for killing in a new player AND substitute.

Do I have too many towns, yes. Does it matter? Not really, I made my cases, let Nutella decide.

The towncore

Alison: Im so far deep in their pocket I may as well commit to buying a house there and stop renting. Their attack onto LC for their attack onto Tutuu came from a place of assuming Nutella wouldn’t be affected by preclaimed saves. I can believe they thought this legitimately and once seeing it from another perspective, sees no issue with LC’s issues raised. No red flags except they are voting on Carotenoid.
Carotenoid: I did an iso, very happy to keep them in towncore.

Nanook: I did an iso, very happy to keep them in towncore. Their agenda is so anti alien win con in a game where town aren’t all following the town wincon seems totally uncessary. Their posts also towny anyway. Only red flag is they are voting on Alison.

Probably town

Dyslexicon: liking their more recent posts. Hally also hard town read them, and we know Hally’s read can be taken as pure after death. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 81#p618181
One outstanding issue is this post where I am waiting for a reply.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 24#p619224

Dunya: sliding into my town circle. Agrees Tutuu’s statement of intent to save Nutella is anti town, recognises this is exactly what Epi is doing and is townreading them still. Going to need their analysis on their iso of Epi to add them to my towncore. Still no idea what w/r/t means. Wish they weren’t voting on Carotenoid.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p618982 – Hates Epi’s reads, still townreads them. WHY?

LongCon – my theory of wait and see worked. Mindmeld on disliking Tutuu’s play early into day 2 with the pre-announced save on Nutella. Good stuff. Their explanation also sounds good.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 06#p619306

Don’t know

Mac: no longer leaning alien, more a pure “no idea”. I could see an argument for him being an instrument of chaos by popping in, throwing some scum and not backing it up with walls of text to determine their alignment, but I can also just see them being busy and playing in multiple games at once. Wants to shoot Rej, haven’t seen their case on Rej (might have missed it). Thinks Epi/Proto tunnel is scum theatre. I’m a try hard, but again, see my query to Dyslexicon. It’s just totally unnecessary in current game state. Voting on Tutuu – controversial but I kind of like it.

Tutuu: not playing to town wincon IMO. Doesn’t seem too interested in mechanics to the point of wanting to go purely off reads and thinks they should be the most townread person. Excessively defensive. Trying to construct a new read assuming specific things are NAI which I would ordinarily view as scummy. Voting on Rej – seems okay. I cant remember their case against Rej. They appear in POE and then “pew pew Rej”. They seem a feels player, so may never get anything other than they had a gut read on Rej. Headache to read – save for later.

Rej: I had some posts back and forth probing them early in day 2. Seemed a productive exchange where I still left null on them, but it felt good. Red flag is they are voting on me today. I don’t understand that and I don’t recall any posts on their side explaining how I am now their top scum.

Tony: fallen off a bit, doing some good town admin asking to get protects in and asking for save info from previous night. People disagree on whether town should share this info, I agree with tony that this is pro town. Im only 75% sure this is correct though. Wish they would post more. Wants to shoot Carotenoid. So many people scumread Carotenoid. Someone going to have to explain it to me like I am 5 because I have seen a lot of posts on it, but I cant follow it.

Alien

Epignosis: Seems like a case of omgus from them, and tried to make 2 lengthy cases as to why I am an alien while I was asleep. Both of them got dismissed as being spurious logic by people paying attention to the game.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p618818 – the case that I am partners with Soneji from a one line read on Day 1.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p618828 – internally inconsistent with his own read

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 50#p619015 – sorry I don’t have a time machine to know things that happen in the future

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p618825 – more open wolfing

Still hoping this might be some 5head play where they intentionally play scummy to see who townreads them, or where they make weaksauce accusations to see where it gets support from to identify aliens. Havent seen any evidence of it though, so just an alien. Nothing they are doing is to towns wincon that I have seen.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 65#p618693 – prob wont respond because was just randomly throwing scum

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 50#p618832 – iso his posts and just skim them, do you agree with my summary or not?

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 50#p618853 – openly anti town. @Nutella, please send a cease and desist request
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

......Your towncore includes Carotte and Nanook?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

It should include me honestly I may only have middling quantity but my quality is off the charts tbh
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Yes?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Planning to sleep soon but do you need me to justify why on either of them beyond "I used them and feel good about them"?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Isoed not used. Autocorrect on mobile
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You gave some reasoning for nanook at least, but none on carotte. I'd appreciate something in that regard
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:27 pm
I'm down

Skimmed through last page or so of their iso. The Alison progression is a bit weird? Not sure how much of that could just be town not showing their work tho. So...my heart and soul want to TR dizzy cause dizzy is fun, my head says probably don’t put them to the side yet.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:23 pm You gave some reasoning for nanook at least, but none on carotte. I'd appreciate something in that regard
Still getting towncred for finding mistake in my mixed save strat which was getting traction day 0. Absolutely no need to do that as an alien. Wasting bunker saves is great for aliens.

Wanted to ensure you nominate your savers early. Had a suspicion on me and built a case. Asked Mac for a view as someone who may know my meta better. Re-evaluated on me after considering my response.

Did a dive into tony. Had decent commentary as well. Their whole process seems real and investigative. Asking questions. I like it.

Did a dive into Soneji mentioned posts which I'm not in love with in principle (same reason I scumread Epi btw) but his running commentary seemed fair and didn't seem to be trying to force any weird interpretations into them. People will claim IOA heavy but I find it helpful to town as a summary. I haven't backtested for cherry picking by them though.

Agree their most posts aren't super alignment indicative but I still have them towncore in my mind.

Also can you ask Epi to stop presaving you every night? They said they would stop doing it but only if you specifically asked them to stop.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

"most recent posts"
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:53 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am i am not suggesting that i will be an independent agent like epi i am suggest that i be one of the person assigned to protect nutella

i (think) she has me as lock town, and this is me, a member of the TOWN, giving a suggestion to another member of the fucking TOWN on what should we do

im rage closing my internet tabs because i cant stand people sea-lioning me

for reference sea-lioning is

"Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity.[1][2][3][4] It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"."

at least thats how i perceive it and i could very well be wrong etc etc whatever
you need to understand that not all questions directed your way are being asked directly by town or scum. Town has an additional goal of figuring out your alignment, scum obviously doesn't care. No one's sea lioning you.

Did you use a bunker last night?
Doesn't seem alien/alien interaction to me.

Wanted to ensure you nominate your savers early. Had a suspicion on me and built a case. Asked Mac for a view as someone who may know my meta better. Re-evaluated on me after considering my response.
Is this...about me? Cause I don’t remember doing any of this past the first line tbh.

You know what I’m actually just going to assume it’s about carotte and hope my memory isn’t that bad.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:14 pm How hard is it to follow a “nutella dictates saves on her, nobody else saves” plan, jfc
Towniest post of day 2
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 pm You know what I’m actually just going to assume it’s about carotte and hope my memory isn’t that bad.
It's about carotenoid

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 pm You know what I’m actually just going to assume it’s about carotte and hope my memory isn’t that bad.
It's about carotenoid
Cool cool cool
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tony has dropped off the face of the earth. dislike.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

carot has followed him there. dislike more.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Hi I'm catching up from p. 33. It's probably going to take a while but I'm here
ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm the premise is that we want Nutella to select the saves on them each night to avoid aliens self selecting into the pool or biasing Nutella to pick them.
The point is that tutuu going "I, personally, am going to use my save on nutella tonight" is a very far cry from "I am trying to control who does and doesn't use their saves on nutella tonight".
Which statement is more likely for an Alien to use in the thread?
Not sure if rhetorical but what was your answer?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Alison[/mention]
You said in day 0 or day 1 you thought you understood what Epi was doing. Do you still remember what that was and can you share it?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:29 pm I think I understand what Epi is trying to do here and if my theory is correct he's town
Found the reference. Can you share?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:39 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm the premise is that we want Nutella to select the saves on them each night to avoid aliens self selecting into the pool or biasing Nutella to pick them.
The point is that tutuu going "I, personally, am going to use my save on nutella tonight" is a very far cry from "I am trying to control who does and doesn't use their saves on nutella tonight".
Not sure if rhetorical but what was your answer?
The answer was the first one. To appear helpful and non-threatening. Saying the second one would, of course, cause some concern among most of the players. Saying the second one concealed in the first one's clothing is more what I would expect from an Alien.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 464

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:14 pm It should include me honestly I may only have middling quantity but my quality is off the charts tbh
I am falling deeply in lesbians with you
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:14 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm
???

The point is that who tutuu does and doesn't use her save on doesn't affect who else uses their save on nutella. If nutella wants to order half the game to use their save on her, tutuu's save is independent on that. If nutella decides to play it risky and tell the town to independently decide if they want to save her... tutuu's save is also independent of that. Whether or not tutuu saves nutella has no impact on any protection schemes nutella may or may not come up with - just like Epi saying he saved nutella had no impact on the identities or number of the 3 people she had protecting her last night.
We think and play differently. When I'm scum, I sometimes try to implement *plans* with scum-beneficial results. When I'm town, I sometimes analyze posts based on seeing how a scum plan might be going. When I saw tutuu's repeated reminder, I thought "saying it again, with a reminder that he's repeating himself, is more insistent than I'd expect, hmm," and then "Ok, so now we have two people protecting nutella", and then a couple of little alarm bells started going off, and I saw a possible *plan*.

Subvert and insinuate into the nutella protection, attempt to create complacency on a night where a double kill can be directed at nutella. This is a plan that I would try, if I thought of it.

This is how I develop my suspicions. I can read twenty pages of Mafia, and every post can be "Well, they could say that as town of scum, I don't know." Even when other players are calling out "town posts" and "scum posts" all over the place, most of them are wrong or lucky in the early game, in my opinion. When I see something I think feels really towny, I call it out, and I tend to stick with that true feeling I had. Sometimes it's wrong; I called nutella out on a beautiful towny post in Escape From Trump Tower, and never questioned it, and she ate us alive.

Likewise, when I see something that strikes me as scummy, I call it out. I understand your perspective, that a town bunker can just be exerting their independence by adding extra protection to nutella, or by faking a protect to lull the Aliens into allowing a mittful of protections to survive later in the game. I'm not denying that's a possibility. I'm bringing up my perspective, that an Alien plan would look like this.
What if I said I scumread Epi because their play is exactly how I would play this game if I rolled Alien. Why do you townread Epi?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 pm tony has dropped off the face of the earth. dislike.
sorry got stuff.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:14 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm
???

The point is that who tutuu does and doesn't use her save on doesn't affect who else uses their save on nutella. If nutella wants to order half the game to use their save on her, tutuu's save is independent on that. If nutella decides to play it risky and tell the town to independently decide if they want to save her... tutuu's save is also independent of that. Whether or not tutuu saves nutella has no impact on any protection schemes nutella may or may not come up with - just like Epi saying he saved nutella had no impact on the identities or number of the 3 people she had protecting her last night.
We think and play differently. When I'm scum, I sometimes try to implement *plans* with scum-beneficial results. When I'm town, I sometimes analyze posts based on seeing how a scum plan might be going. When I saw tutuu's repeated reminder, I thought "saying it again, with a reminder that he's repeating himself, is more insistent than I'd expect, hmm," and then "Ok, so now we have two people protecting nutella", and then a couple of little alarm bells started going off, and I saw a possible *plan*.

Subvert and insinuate into the nutella protection, attempt to create complacency on a night where a double kill can be directed at nutella. This is a plan that I would try, if I thought of it.

This is how I develop my suspicions. I can read twenty pages of Mafia, and every post can be "Well, they could say that as town of scum, I don't know." Even when other players are calling out "town posts" and "scum posts" all over the place, most of them are wrong or lucky in the early game, in my opinion. When I see something I think feels really towny, I call it out, and I tend to stick with that true feeling I had. Sometimes it's wrong; I called nutella out on a beautiful towny post in Escape From Trump Tower, and never questioned it, and she ate us alive.

Likewise, when I see something that strikes me as scummy, I call it out. I understand your perspective, that a town bunker can just be exerting their independence by adding extra protection to nutella, or by faking a protect to lull the Aliens into allowing a mittful of protections to survive later in the game. I'm not denying that's a possibility. I'm bringing up my perspective, that an Alien plan would look like this.
What if I said I scumread Epi because their play is exactly how I would play this game if I rolled Alien. Why do you townread Epi?
Note that my townread of Epi dropped significantly since this tutuu thing happened and I started to consider the dark side of his bunker protects.

I did townread Epi because I thought his analysis after the Soneji yeet was well done and made some very good connections. There wasn't a great deal of weight behind the read, only as much as I consider sensible for early game. Letting go of that townread wasn't overly difficult.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

My memory says you townread epi before the Soneji yeet. If so, the basis of that read?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

It's nearing the rej blasting hour
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Final thoughts anyone? I'm hoping this isnt a DADV scenario but since he appears to have given up I'm feeling okay about it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 pm It's nearing the rej blasting hour
If that goes how you believe it will, then we should start looking for any other players with "ej" in their name. :srsnod:
tutuu
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

[mention]nutella[/mention] i think u have like 15 mins to shoot unless my clock is off
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:57 pm @nutella i think u have like 15 mins to shoot unless my clock is off
I technically have an hour after the eod time actually lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But I'm sending it now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Don't think anything is changing here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

if he flips town i think we lose
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:48 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:29 pm I think I understand what Epi is trying to do here and if my theory is correct he's town
Found the reference. Can you share?
Found answer. You thought they were reaction checking you so you flipped your read of them to town. Epi then confirms they weren't doing anything of the sort. Why do you hold a townread on them?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wow I'd never aligned two poll images this perfectly before.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Double Kill

The war continued, the humanity kept winning. Somehow, the aliens' cloaking strategy was not working. The second night of the battle ended, and they lost another vessel.

Rej (Alien) was killed.

Night 2 Begins!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 415

Re: Space Invaders [Night 2]

Post by Epignosis »

I'm still ten pages back.

nutella with that trigger finger. ET better phone the fuck home.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Heists”