Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Re: Space Invaders [Night 2]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nut GOAT.

2 aliens left. They still have the same amount of shots/power. Feels kind of unfair tbh. However, we have more bunker protects and we need to assign fewer people to protect Nut as there is max 2 aliens. 3 should be enough as I think we can find two town, and 4 is a guaranteed. I feel [mention]nutella[/mention] should choose.

I don't object to a couple of people self protecting tonight if they feel they're at risk. Feel it out. If scum shoots into bunker pool they are also effectively making a smaller pool for themselves. If they shoot Nut they will fail.

I feel we should easily have enough protects for at least 4 nights and probably more. I think Nut needs to choose who should protect her, and pick 3 or even 4 to be absolutely safe. Either 3 town or 4 in PoE (and if we do 4 in PoE it's vital that whoever is town in that PoE actually DO protect Nut).

I actually better see Tony's strategy from D1 now. He's probably town tbh
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:34 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:27 am
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:32 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:31 am Hey Nanook, who is an alien?
Idk. Maybe Alison. Maybe someone in carrot/TSP/Proto. Maybe someone else, idk. Ask me D3/D4.
whoa whoa whoa

"why me = fry me", but why me?

State some case against me. Lemme see your logic.
Literally all I can remember of your game is mechanics, arguing with Epi, and TRing me. That’s likely a me issue much more than a you issue but it doesn’t stop me from putting you into my POE until I start trying D4 :p
Why dont you townread me for the same reason I townread you.

We are both pushing for same/similar mechanics from town. We both think this is to towns wincon. It would be really easy to push another agenda that isnt so blatantly anti alien wincon if I were an alien.
If I’m not actively calling for you to die we can consider that a townread if it makes you feel better

Being right on mechanics is good but not enough to clear imo
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]dunya[/mention] Question. Were you here at all for N1? Did you come back only D2?
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Post by protocultures »

[mention]nutella[/mention]

I confirm reciept of your SOS and have locked in my bunker save on you Night 2.

I confirm this will leave me with 3 bunker saves remaining.

To everyone else, i dont care if you townread me. Dont save me. I dont care if you think for sure the aliens will kill me. Dont save me.

In the end game, you will wish you had an extra bunker save unless Nutella just goes 4/4 or something.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]nutella[/mention] Please @ me with clear instructions before night is over if I shall protect you.

I'll definitely check in before night is over.
I'll be back to catch up fully either tonight or Sunday.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 am
Idk. Maybe Alison. Maybe someone in carrot/TSP/Proto. Maybe someone else, idk. Ask me D3/D4.
whoa whoa whoa

Literally all I can remember of your game is mechanics, arguing with Epi, and TRing me. That’s likely a me issue much more than a you issue but it doesn’t stop me from putting you into my POE until I start trying D4 :p

We are both pushing for same/similar mechanics from town. We both think this is to towns wincon. It would be really easy to push another agenda that isnt so blatantly anti alien wincon if I were an alien.
If I’m not actively calling for you to die we can consider that a townread if it makes you feel better

is anyone clear in your list?

I called you out for never making a list, and dont recall one.

Im lazy, i havent isoed you recently.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 am @nutella

I confirm reciept of your SOS and have locked in my bunker save on you Night 2.

I confirm this will leave me with 3 bunker saves remaining.

To everyone else, i dont care if you townread me. Dont save me. I dont care if you think for sure the aliens will kill me. Dont save me.

In the end game, you will wish you had an extra bunker save unless Nutella just goes 4/4 or something.
Yeah, I agree. I don't mind dying now. It only takes two more laser shots to win. If scum shoots bunkers the PoE is dwindling. Between Soneji and Rej, I'm sure it's possible to find the others.

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 am
whoa whoa whoa

is anyone clear in your list?

I called you out for never making a list, and dont recall one.

Im lazy, i havent isoed you recently.
I don’t make lists
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I’m going to sleep now if any of the possibly existing gods are real and merciful, @ me if you want me to see something later.

Hopefully one of those pings I’ll wake up to is Alison’s ISO of me, I’m eagerly awaiting it
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:31 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:25 am
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:49 am I mathed why its BAD to save non nutella people with this many players remaning.
And I’ll tell you it’s not (always).

POE people should be using bunkers tonight on “town core”. It’s not just about preserving bunkers, it’s about forcing the aliens to shoot lower POE townies.
So how many bunker saves do you think we should be optimally using tonight? I still tink 0 is best ftr.

Do you think Nutella should request specific people and specific people only to try and save on non-nutella people?

If everyone in POE tries to land a save, dont you think we end up losing more bunker saves than we gain?

Is there really a benefit to protecting towncore unless Nutella decides they are literally never shooting them?
Nutella chooses 4-5 names for protection. 4 next names in poe randomize between those. Probably 3 actual bunkers in that camp. If scum want to take a shot into that 4-5, they risk not much, but a success pays for itself. If mafia realize that their best bunker elim chance is to shoot two names outside of that group, then we end up down usually less bunkers than we started with but more importantly have people who don't have to be shot with lasers.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay. So we have 9 bunkers remaining and 2 aliens.

I would say 3 is sufficient for protecting Nutella but if we want 4 then we want 4. 11 players.

I would say something like 1,2,11 should protect Nutella and 7,8,9,10 protect randomly in 1,2,3,4.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 am
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:49 am I mathed why its BAD to save non nutella people with this many players remaning.

POE people should be using bunkers tonight on “town core”. It’s not just about preserving bunkers, it’s about forcing the aliens to shoot lower POE townies.
So how many bunker saves do you think we should be optimally using tonight? I still tink 0 is best ftr.

Do you think Nutella should request specific people and specific people only to try and save on non-nutella people?

If everyone in POE tries to land a save, dont you think we end up losing more bunker saves than we gain?

Is there really a benefit to protecting towncore unless Nutella decides they are literally never shooting them?
Nutella chooses 4-5 names for protection. 4 next names in poe randomize between those. Probably 3 actual bunkers in that camp. If scum want to take a shot into that 4-5, they risk not much, but a success pays for itself. If mafia realize that their best bunker elim chance is to shoot two names outside of that group, then we end up down usually less bunkers than we started with but more importantly have people who don't have to be shot with lasers.
I dont hate this idea if Nutella's POE list were static and there a fixed kill order that never changes. I dont think it is.

On your proposal, we trade 4 additional wasted bunker saves tonight, and aliens get to make 2 clean kills outside of the 4 protected towns. It doesnt force them to kill into bottom of POE.

I guess it depends on what Nutella's plan is. If Nutella want to kill loads of people anyway, I dont hate the idea.

Currently they seem pretty good at making shots so I prefer we give them more opportunities to shoot by preserving bunker saves.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 am

I dont hate this idea if Nutella's POE list were static and there a fixed kill order that never changes. I dont think it is.

On your proposal, we trade 4 additional wasted bunker saves tonight, and aliens get to make 2 clean kills outside of the 4 protected towns. It doesnt force them to kill into bottom of POE.

I guess it depends on what Nutella's plan is. If Nutella want to kill loads of people anyway, I dont hate the idea.

Currently they seem pretty good at making shots so I prefer we give them more opportunities to shoot by preserving bunker saves.
It depends on how many people Nutella thinks are (close to) lock town.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:58 am Okay. So we have 9 bunkers remaining and 2 aliens.

I would say 3 is sufficient for protecting Nutella but if we want 4 then we want 4. 11 players.

I would say something like 1,2,11 should protect Nutella and 7,8,9,10 protect randomly in 1,2,3,4.
if 4 people are randomly protecting into 4, isnt it better for them to protect them NOT randomly so they dont stack?

Nutella has already requested 3 people to save her tonight. I am hoping she adds a 4th person.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

yeah I realized that after I posted proto.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

What about RNG 4 to protect Nutella. (not for tonight, for future nights)

Of remaining POE who have saves left, bottom 4 RNG into top 7?

You kinda talking me back into mixed save strat which I wanted then hated because we blow so many saves but the game is different now since we killed 2 aliens already.

Anyone else want to wade in and convince me either way?

Think we need to understand where Nutell is at. If her POE is pretty static, I dont hate the idea. If their POE changes day to day, I prefer to preserve bunker shots and give them the max shots possible.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I agree with this from proto, roughly.

Ugh no this is bad just take the safe bet, 4 protects on nutella and nobody else uses one tonight. We have two aliens dead we don’t need to be risky with protects.

Also, like, nobody is actually cleared rn. In this game specifically pushing your partners is just good sense.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

[mention]tutuu[/mention] was replaced by [mention]sabie12[/mention]
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 am @dunya Question. Were you here at all for N1? Did you come back only D2?
i was here all of n1. i wasn't here d1.

also, you of all people will not use any night kill "who was online" analysis with me, buddy! :meany: i know what you did that summer!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:12 am @tutuu was replaced by @sabie12
:(

i am so sorry to see you go tutuu, but can't wait to play another game with you. you are awesome.

welcome, [mention]sabie12[/mention] ! don't waste time with ketchup, just hop in!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:03 am Also, like, nobody is actually cleared rn. In this game specifically pushing your partners is just good sense.
exactly. carot still on the table for rej tbh
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Proposal for 36 hour pass for Sabie from Laser/Aliens to not get killed and to catch up to 42 pages.

All in favour?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

iso'd dizzy. they can go on the table for rej too tbh
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 am Proposal for 36 hour pass for Sabie from Laser/Aliens to not get killed and to catch up to 42 pages.

All in favour?
i mean, i don't want sabie to feel like she *has* to read 42 pages, but defo agree.

maybe you can iso soneji and rej and tell us who you think looks worst from those isos [mention]sabie12[/mention]
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Hey guys I will do what I can to kinda get the gist of what's been going on. For anyone who doesn't know me my processing speed is a little slow and sometimes I take a little bit to get into the swing of things and there's a lot to catch up on so bear with me and I'll do my best!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

alison looks the worst from a Rej iso tbh
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

dunya wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:40 am
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 am Proposal for 36 hour pass for Sabie from Laser/Aliens to not get killed and to catch up to 42 pages.

All in favour?
i mean, i don't want sabie to feel like she *has* to read 42 pages, but defo agree.

maybe you can iso soneji and rej and tell us who you think looks worst from those isos @sabie12
Okay so I read through those 2 ISOs. I tried to see if they had any similarities in their posting or their reads. They bussed each other and the suspect they had in common was mac. They also both talked a bit about epi. They each put tony on opposite sides one accusing and one defending.
Those are just my basic observations from reading through. I will have to look through more of the thread to come to any conclusion about any of that or if it means anything. At least it looks like we are doing well so far and only 2 aliens left to get rid of.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by Carotenoid »

Shoot I completely forgot to answer that sorry!
I'm gonna answer in the quote it feels less complicated.
Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am Hmn okay I think protocultures is town.

Alison is still alien.
This is weird. Why bring me up? I wasn't involved in that conversation, I hadn't posted recently. Because for some reason many people townread and I just don't see why. It was a "hey don't forget that this person exist".I looked through your ISO to see if this was some progression of your read on me and noticed that in #634 you write "I feel like my reads haven't really changed and I'm not too sure what to think about that." In that very same post you interrogate me about my meta trawling of Dizzy and in #681 you say you directly feel that meta trawling, as well as my suspicion of Mac, were solid grounds to suspect me on. That doesn't jive with "my reads haven't changed, and I'm unsure how to feel about that" - it sounds to me like your read on me deepened greatly, and you feel sure and convicted of that.The keyword here is "really". This is either really nitpicky or deforming my words here. You're acting as if I said "hey my reads are exactly exactly exactly the same than before" when I was referring to a general/big picture that feels similar. Also like 681 comes after 634 so ??? what is the problem lol

In #1000 Mac asks you about your reads and you just go "still think Alison is alien". It's a very brief mention, but it also is phrased in such a way that it makes me think you hold basically the same views you had before. Did your opinion of me not develop at all in those hundreds of posts? For context, the portion of the thread where I meta trawl Dizzy and attack Mac was around #550. Are you really saying your opinion of someone you evidently consider to be your top (and only?) scumread has no changed for better or worse in 450 posts of content? Keyword here is that this is what makes *you* think of. You made that up. To answer your questions I don't really remember and 450 posts of content =/= 450 posts of content regarding you specifically so that's just irrelevant.

The progression of your read on me has felt extremely weird. You say the read on me has stayed mostly the same and that you're indecisive about it I'm pretty sure I was referring to general gamestate when I said that, then harshly attack me for the meta trawl and push on Mac I don't think I was that harsh but ok. Then you completely stagnate your read for 450 posts That would have been relevant if you did 450 posts, and then bring me up as a "oh by the way Alison is scum" completely out of the blue. Why haven't you been making more of an effort to push me hard and convince everyone I'm scum if you really scumread me that badly? Do you think "oh by the way Alison is scum" is likely to convince nutella to laser me if you really think I am scum? I don't understand any of your behavior regarding your stance on me tbh Don't you think I would push you more if I was scum?
Overall your case on me feels really "meh" and OMGUS.
ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by protocultures »

Carotenoid wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:44 pm Shoot I completely forgot to answer that sorry!
I'm gonna answer in the quote it feels less complicated.
Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am Hmn okay I think protocultures is town.

Alison is still alien.
This is weird. Why bring me up? I wasn't involved in that conversation, I hadn't posted recently. Because for some reason many people townread and I just don't see why. It was a "hey don't forget that this person exist".I looked through your ISO to see if this was some progression of your read on me and noticed that in #634 you write "I feel like my reads haven't really changed and I'm not too sure what to think about that." In that very same post you interrogate me about my meta trawling of Dizzy and in #681 you say you directly feel that meta trawling, as well as my suspicion of Mac, were solid grounds to suspect me on. That doesn't jive with "my reads haven't changed, and I'm unsure how to feel about that" - it sounds to me like your read on me deepened greatly, and you feel sure and convicted of that.The keyword here is "really". This is either really nitpicky or deforming my words here. You're acting as if I said "hey my reads are exactly exactly exactly the same than before" when I was referring to a general/big picture that feels similar. Also like 681 comes after 634 so ??? what is the problem lol

In #1000 Mac asks you about your reads and you just go "still think Alison is alien". It's a very brief mention, but it also is phrased in such a way that it makes me think you hold basically the same views you had before. Did your opinion of me not develop at all in those hundreds of posts? For context, the portion of the thread where I meta trawl Dizzy and attack Mac was around #550. Are you really saying your opinion of someone you evidently consider to be your top (and only?) scumread has no changed for better or worse in 450 posts of content? Keyword here is that this is what makes *you* think of. You made that up. To answer your questions I don't really remember and 450 posts of content =/= 450 posts of content regarding you specifically so that's just irrelevant.

The progression of your read on me has felt extremely weird. You say the read on me has stayed mostly the same and that you're indecisive about it I'm pretty sure I was referring to general gamestate when I said that, then harshly attack me for the meta trawl and push on Mac I don't think I was that harsh but ok. Then you completely stagnate your read for 450 posts That would have been relevant if you did 450 posts, and then bring me up as a "oh by the way Alison is scum" completely out of the blue. Why haven't you been making more of an effort to push me hard and convince everyone I'm scum if you really scumread me that badly? Do you think "oh by the way Alison is scum" is likely to convince nutella to laser me if you really think I am scum? I don't understand any of your behavior regarding your stance on me tbh Don't you think I would push you more if I was scum?
Overall your case on me feels really "meh" and OMGUS.
my take on this.

Carotenoid put out a read on Alison - fine. Agree they didnt add any evidence in support in that post, but not everyone posts like that.

Alison queries why Carotenoid has this read - fine and towny to ask why, check the underlying basis of the suspicion for reasonableness.

Carotenoid responds - good and I think all responses seem reasonable. I havent done an iso, just reading the inserts with the quote.

My pov is this is town feeling eachother out and this is good.

In relation to Alison, my understanding of where they are at in the game is they need to find more scum, because they townread too many people. If you find the suspicion meh, maybe chalk it up to that? I dunno. They are looking to lower their threshold of what is scummy behaviour to push a case.

I feel like my town reads might start suspecting eachother and then I would need to read stuff again out of paranoia that my list is wrong, and I just dont want to.

I realise my townlist doesnt really matter to anyone else, but thats just my own OCD.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]protocultures[/mention] do you ever do analysis between flipped scum and living players?

do you think both carot and alison's treatment of rej and vice versa is normal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:40 am @nutella Please @ me with clear instructions before night is over if I shall protect you.

Yes [mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] I already tagged you to be one of the saves on me tonight. Please confirm you see it and send it in <3
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm In relation to Alison, my understanding of where they are at in the game is they need to find more scum, because they townread too many people. If you find the suspicion meh, maybe chalk it up to that? I dunno. They are looking to lower their threshold of what is scummy behaviour to push a case.
Alison made 1 post at SoD and then vanished. When she did her first catching-up, she reacted to a few posts as she did and threw some people in a wolf team and I think she had like 3 names she scumread most. Then she spent lots of time on Epignosis and Dyslexicon and her conclusion was to townread them. Then at her next catching-up she townreads almost everyone as she goes which felt really weird considering their first approach. That's my "big picture" view of Alison and I'm not liking it.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sorry to see tutuu go, I enjoyed playing with her! :(

Love playing with sabie too ofc welcome :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:29 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:40 am @nutella Please @ me with clear instructions before night is over if I shall protect you.

Yes @Dyslexicon I already tagged you to be one of the saves on me tonight. Please confirm you see it and send it in <3
Seen and sent!
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Carotenoid wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:30 pm
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm In relation to Alison, my understanding of where they are at in the game is they need to find more scum, because they townread too many people. If you find the suspicion meh, maybe chalk it up to that? I dunno. They are looking to lower their threshold of what is scummy behaviour to push a case.
Alison made 1 post at SoD and then vanished. When she did her first catching-up, she reacted to a few posts as she did and threw some people in a wolf team and I think she had like 3 names she scumread most. Then she spent lots of time on Epignosis and Dyslexicon and her conclusion was to townread them. Then at her next catching-up she townreads almost everyone as she goes which felt really weird considering their first approach. That's my "big picture" view of Alison and I'm not liking it.
I mean it's the same thing a lot of people had re their meta dive and take on epi. I'm still chasing up on a response from Alison on it. I chose to ignore those elements but guess it has come creeping back.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

dunya wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:29 pm @protocultures do you ever do analysis between flipped scum and living players?

I will say I dont usually play with flips. I have done a few games, but my vast majority is flipless games. I dont read too much into bussing/partners/distancing in a game where people know flips are on. The reason is you can never get anywhere with the analysis because its all wifom. 3 people can analyse the same thing and reach 3 reasonable conclusions which are all different. I generally dislike it.

I guess I will need to start since its a common thing on here. <sigh>

And also if I DONT do it, people (nutella) will scumread me.

So I will do it, I dont think my analysis will be good, I will probably get scumread for giving bad analysis, but its probably less scummy than if I avoid it altogether.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:34 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:30 pm I'm not worth the saves. Nobody is worth the saves unless Nutella gives a pool of people she is never shooting all game.

I still think some people might be able to get cleared off the flip on Rej. Like Hally if they were still alive. I think they had Rej and Soneji as partners but memory might be wrong.
Uh, that was me. :grin:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 88#p618588

nutella said it before me though.
FFS

Now i need to look at your stuff again.

Can you link me to your most recent 7 games on here and let me know which ones you were town/mafia?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:28 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:29 pm @protocultures do you ever do analysis between flipped scum and living players?

I will say I dont usually play with flips. I have done a few games, but my vast majority is flipless games. I dont read too much into bussing/partners/distancing in a game where people know flips are on. The reason is you can never get anywhere with the analysis because its all wifom. 3 people can analyse the same thing and reach 3 reasonable conclusions which are all different. I generally dislike it.

I guess I will need to start since its a common thing on here. <sigh>

And also if I DONT do it, people (nutella) will scumread me.

So I will do it, I dont think my analysis will be good, I will probably get scumread for giving bad analysis, but its probably less scummy than if I avoid it altogether.
Soneji Iso - Known alien who bussed Rej pretty hard.

Should we assume they would bus more than one partner?

They don’t mention all the players. Would they be likely to ignore some of their alien partners? I say yes.

Majority of posts made at time before they were under heavy suspicion, so its cleaner to read knowing they didn’t write it knowing it would come under scrutiny quicker.

My quickfire takeaways – they talk about Epi a lot. Thinks Epi is powerwolfing. That was also my read at the time.

Townshielding Tutuu a fair bit by saying “too wolfy to be a wolf”. Why don’t they think the same thing about Epi?

Casts doubt onto Tony. Potential distancing but could also be NAI for Tony. Tony was scumreading Soneji early in the game. Are they likely to do it to eachother? This is an actual question, not rhetorical, as I have no baseline on either player.

Throws shade onto dragomac. Potential distancing but could also be NAI for dragomac.

Townreads Nanook.

Quite hard scum reads Rej.

Their read on me – just trying to pocket me and get townread for townreading me. If anything, im surprised people aren’t pushing an agenda harder that Soneji was my partner. I guess Epi did that. Ffs again.

They have 3 people in the good pile. I don’t think they are likely to put more than 1 partner in that list so have a slight lean that Tutuu/Dunya are unlikely to be alien/alien but that’s about it. Im not even sure they would put necessarily put ONE partner in there, so its all just clutching at straws.

I have no idea on their meta, I don’t know if they would bus everyone or mix it, or just method act town and give organic reads as the game develops as an alien.

The conclusion I get from this iso onto Soneji? Not a lot. I have no idea how Nutella found them as an alien based on the iso.

Rej Iso - Known alien.

Starts off with a meme scumread on Drago, town reads on Dunya, Alison and Tutu. In general talks about Epi a lot.

Townreads tony. Townreads me. So now, we have 2 confirmed aliens who tried to hard pocket me. If this is true, would the remaining alien team all try to do the same thing on me or would they apply a mixed strat. Not sure it goes anywhere in the end since a lot of the game participants could be hard pocketing me with their hard town reads on me.

Continues to scumread dragonmac. I mean, again, do we think there is a team of Rej/Soneji/Mac +1 and both Rej and Soneji decide to scumread 2 partners? Again, this is not rhetorical, I have no baseline. In a vacuum, I say no but literally no idea what the meta is, or even what is optimal in a flip game.
Rej wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:32 am Hey Rej what you been up to long time no see? Good to see you mate.
Thanks man, I missed the people here so i decided to check in. Was pushing up to other mafia section, one is brand new on a newer forum. But now I take some time for some games before again dipping into nothingness. :keys:
This feels like an actual hello, rather than fake hello if they were in alien chat together. Then again, who knows the depths of Mac’s evil genius. Disrespect townread? Mac, do you want it?

Scumreads Soneji for their one substantial post. This is the one that Epi identified as partner on partner. I have no idea what Epi sees in this that is partner on partner, so this also indicates potential TMI. Either way, I need to rethink epi which is a massive pain.

Fake claims a bunker save onto Epi.

I ask them a bunch of questions and try to force responses. I concluded their answers weren’t great, but felt honest because their answered could have been better if they wanted to, they could have manufactured anything. Not sure if people would read our interaction as alien/alien scum theatre though. I wouldnt townread them for that in the same way I would for puishing an argument that Soneji trying to townshield a new forum player (me).

Mac hard wants to pew pew Rej. Again, is the meta for people to hard bus their partners constantly? I generally come out of the 2 flips thinking mac is more likely town than mafia.

Again, the conclusion I get from this? Not a lot. Mac leans more town?

All in favour?
No.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:15 pm

All in favour?
No.
"dick" :p
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

dunya wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:29 pm @protocultures do you think both carot and alison's treatment of rej and vice versa is normal?

Iso on Carot focus on Rej. No links out of pure laziness. If any specific bit interests you, I can probably dig it up from the iso if you cant find it.
Day 1 – says Rej is MIA along with some others. NAI
Meme scumread for Rej for not posting with spoilers. Potential distancing, but more likely memes.
Thinks Day 1 shot should be within “dragomir-MacDougall/TonyStarkPrime/maybe Rej”. Someone is going to write 200 words analysing the word “maybe” here. Not unreasonable, but not something I would hugely scumread for.
Says Rej is suspicious and not here. Not an uncommon view at the time from memory.
Makes the accusation that Rej Scumread Soneji with a question mark to indicate partners. In this post, Carot is also listed as a questionmark. I don’t think Carotenoid makes this comment unless they are a powerwolfy egomaniac who would get off on this sort of thing. I just don’t see Carotenoid as this type of player. Repeats the questionmark partner theory later in Night 1. No idea what “softish tackle” means here. Didn’t read too much into it, still don’t. Pushes the idea again Rej could be paired with Soneji. In the same post, bring it to attention again where mac asks Rej whether Carotenoid is a partner for being a question mark as well. Concludes Mac could be alien with Soneji, but unlikely to be alien with Soneji, Rej AND Mac. I came to the same view post iso but with less confidence.

Iso on Alison focus on Rej. No links out of pure laziness. If any specific bit interests you, I can probably dig it up from the iso if you cant find it.
Day 1 – reads Rej Null. Seems fine. I did too I think.
Don’t see anymore on Rej from Alison in an iso.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I dont see any red flags re Rej from isoing Carotenoid and Alison.

Was this a trap question? What conclusion was I supposed to find?

Does this help you read my alignment?

Do my reads agree with yours?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i have mixed feelings about carot's treatment of rej. on one hand it feels like distancing and the fact that rej wasn't too fussed with her makes it feel like he didn't care.

alison i got different feelings from after i iso'd rej and searched for alison in his iso.
there's one post in particular, where i felt like she didnt deserve a town cred from him (she had 1 post) and i called him out on it.
he made a conscious decision to address that.

it feels pretty bad to me.

what do you think?
Rej wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 am
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 am
Rej wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 am Drago doesnt like Spacemovies = bad

Dunya, Alison and Tutu are town GTH, nice energy.
Not excluding the possibility that a wolf is coordinating the mechtalk with others.

Tho nothing else pinged me for now. I am at work, will be properly active later on.
Hmmm

I'm making a note for later of stuffing Alison with 1 post between me and tutu and calling out nice energy. Something pingy about this entrance.
Well her entrance was "agressive" not passive, it pinged me and from a GTH perspective there wasn't anything negative I felt there.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:29 pm

Iso on Alison focus on Rej. No links out of pure laziness. If any specific bit interests you, I can probably dig it up from the iso if you cant find it.
Day 1 – reads Rej Null. Seems fine. I did too I think.
Don’t see anymore on Rej from Alison in an iso.
I'm quite certain she talked a lot about townreading him (like on n1/d2)?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

forgot to add: on the other hand, maybe carot is just a good player and i can ignore the player salad :p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:36 pm i have mixed feelings about carot's treatment of rej. on one hand it feels like distancing and the fact that rej wasn't too fussed with her makes it feel like he didn't care.

alison i got different feelings from after i iso'd rej and searched for alison in his iso.
there's one post in particular, where i felt like she didnt deserve a town cred from him (she had 1 post) and i called him out on it.
he made a conscious decision to address that.

it feels pretty bad to me.

what do you think?
Rej wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 am
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 am
Rej wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 am Drago doesnt like Spacemovies = bad

Dunya, Alison and Tutu are town GTH, nice energy.
Not excluding the possibility that a wolf is coordinating the mechtalk with others.

Tho nothing else pinged me for now. I am at work, will be properly active later on.
Hmmm

I'm making a note for later of stuffing Alison with 1 post between me and tutu and calling out nice energy. Something pingy about this entrance.
Well her entrance was "agressive" not passive, it pinged me and from a GTH perspective there wasn't anything negative I felt there.
huh yeah that makes very little sense

"it pinged me but gth nothing negative"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i do not feel comfortable having alison, dizzy and proto only protect you, nutella.

can you add a fourth.

Return to “Previous Heists”