Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Re: Space Invaders [Day 2]

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:55 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:51 am Actually I don't think mac would kill a brand new player either Just as much as I wouldn't tbh. He does the impossible to get people to sign up and play games here.

Remove him. Rip my sanity.
I think Mac is towny on his own. I just think wifoming the kill, or any kill for that matter, is a pretty fruitless endeavour. I'm not positive, but I think Mac knows Hally at least a bit from specchat. Hally isn't some random new player. They are experienced, played in champ, and is known to quite a few here. It's not like Hally will feel unwelcome if they are killed N1. It's a complement. I don't know. Just my however many cents. NK analysis is rarely a great way to solve imo. Requires too many assumptions.

And I'm not saying believe me, I'm saying if you for some reason can't town read me then believe Hally.
[mention]nutella[/mention]

Who alive in the game has played in champs? I assume that is MU?

Didn't Mac say they met Hally in this game? Dizzy isn't sure but thinks Mac knows Hally from spec chat. I can't really work out the MU webpage very well but is it easy to check if Mac and Hally were talking in spec chat? Would Mac kill Hally if they were new to syndicate but not new to them? Would they don't for town credit?

I hate to ask this but for completeness, can Epi know Hally from MU? If yes, would this be allowed by Epi to kill Hally or does it not matter because they are new to syndicate?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Space Invaders [Day 7]

Post by nutella »

Mac had met Hally in discord and spectated their champs game.

Epi had not to my knowledge, but that's irrelevant to his not-killing-new-players rule.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm honestly not sure about the extent to which Mac has such a code though. On the one hand he does so much to welcome new members to our community and loves playing with new people, but on the other hand he is a hardcore player who will do what it takes to win, so I don't think I would put it past him to deliberately make that kill for the wifom. I also don't really think it's particularly productive to continue harping on this single sticking point because if he is an alien he will react to this post with incredulity and do his darndest to AtE me into clearing him.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 464

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:50 am I'm honestly not sure about the extent to which Mac has such a code though. On the one hand he does so much to welcome new members to our community and loves playing with new people, but on the other hand he is a hardcore player who will do what it takes to win, so I don't think I would put it past him to deliberately make that kill for the wifom. I also don't really think it's particularly productive to continue harping on this single sticking point because if he is an alien he will react to this post with incredulity and do his darndest to AtE me into clearing him.
Hally was lock town reading me iirc. That's the main reason you should be reading me town off that kill.

I would kill a new player if I had to. I didn't have to.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

this proto "pure" read on me is nonsensical and that is very unlike proto, who's a very logical player. Someone as math oriented as him has to know that me using "pure" a few times in one game and not at all in the other game I was mafia, or in the game I was town, is NAI.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 pm This last 2 weeks have been so bad irl and I've been like doing my best here and sort of trying to use mafia to take my mind off things and im just having a full meltdown no omg im sorry
...is this just town Mac?

Like, I believe AtE can come from scum in an endgame situation, but why here? All wolf Mac has to do is sit back and shrug his shoulders and shitpost while letting nutella kill me. Why does scum Mac fake a breakdown here, especially in such a manipulative way that it makes them look like a jerk for trying to tug on people's emotions postgame when they're revealed to be wolf and it becomes clear this was faked?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I mean I did preface this with "is this nonsense" but like.... It was enough to make me reconsider on you.

Do you have further games anywhere else we can look at to see if sample size caused a ridiculous conclusion?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Really? You reconsidered the person you've been townshielding all game over all manner of attacks and pushes over me saying "pure" in one game I rolled mafia but not in the game I rolled town?

I don't believe that.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Links to other games please that are finished if you have them so we can backrest the theory.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think it's proto/Carot. They were good cop/bad copping the entire game. Proto pockets me, Carot attacks me. Proto attacks Epi, Carot pockets Epi. Proto attacks Mac, Carot pockets Mac. And now they are probably having a giggle in the scum chat watching nutella decide between shooting me or Mac because nutella won't re-evaluate her reads even after shooting wrong like 4 times in a row.

nutella, if you shoot me here, you lose the game. Blast Carot and Proto. Look at how Proto coalesced into a push on me the moment you declared intent to shoot me. He stops pocketing/buddying me because there's no point in doing it any more now that he thinks I'm going to be shot for sure.

The whole "pure" read is scum overextending in order to gloat because they're so sure they have the game on lock. nutella, I urge you to prove them wrong.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Let us backtest the theory. If you are in MU, you must have a library of previous forum games somewhere.

I don't need to agree on the read on Alison for Nutella to shoot Alison. Pretty sure that's... not a real thing.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 pm This last 2 weeks have been so bad irl and I've been like doing my best here and sort of trying to use mafia to take my mind off things and im just having a full meltdown no omg im sorry

Like, I believe AtE can come from scum in an endgame situation, but why here? All wolf Mac has to do is sit back and shrug his shoulders and shitpost while letting nutella kill me. Why does scum Mac fake a breakdown here, especially in such a manipulative way that it makes them look like a jerk for trying to tug on people's emotions postgame when they're revealed to be wolf and it becomes clear this was faked?
If your statement is true re Mac sitting back and watching you get lasered, why can't it be true for wolf proto sitting back and watch you get lasered? I don't need to flip my read on you at all and you don't even believe that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:31 am

If your statement is true re Mac sitting back and watching you get lasered, why can't it be true for wolf proto sitting back and watch you get lasered? I don't need to flip my read on you at all and you don't even believe that.
Because you're gloating/rubbing it in. The whole way you played that was so fucking slimy and self-assured. You've been towncleared the whole game and you're getting cocky at endgame because you think you'll win. If nutella sees reason, you won't.

Mac is the opposite. He's genuinely upset, overwhelmed and having a breakdown. Frustration from missing a shot last night as wolf? Maybe, but the wolf team has to be in fine shape here if nutella is thinking of shooting me. I have a hard time imagining a wolf having a breakdown in this kind of way. It paints him as a manipulative player who's willing to fake the basest sort of emotion to gain sympathy by pretending he's hurting IRL, and that just makes people think badly of him and trust him less in future games for very little gain right now.

That is the difference between the actions between the two of you. Mac is town. You are scum.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:48 am
nutella wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:50 am I'm honestly not sure about the extent to which Mac has such a code though. On the one hand he does so much to welcome new members to our community and loves playing with new people, but on the other hand he is a hardcore player who will do what it takes to win, so I don't think I would put it past him to deliberately make that kill for the wifom. I also don't really think it's particularly productive to continue harping on this single sticking point because if he is an alien he will react to this post with incredulity and do his darndest to AtE me into clearing him.
Hally was lock town reading me iirc. That's the main reason you should be reading me town off that kill.

Iso on Hally shows they were not lock town reading you.

If you are in too many games and need a quick "clear", would killing Hally be something mafia Mac might do?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:42 am
protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:31 am

Because you're gloating/rubbing it in. The whole way you played that was so fucking slimy and self-assured. You've been towncleared the whole game and you're getting cocky at endgame because you think you'll win. If nutella sees reason, you won't.

Mac is the opposite. He's genuinely upset, overwhelmed and having a breakdown. Frustration from missing a shot last night as wolf? Maybe, but the wolf team has to be in fine shape here if nutella is thinking of shooting me. I have a hard time imagining a wolf having a breakdown in this kind of way. It paints him as a manipulative player who's willing to fake the basest sort of emotion to gain sympathy by pretending he's hurting IRL, and that just makes people think badly of him and trust him less in future games for very little gain right now.

That is the difference between the actions between the two of you. Mac is town. You are scum.
I don't think you think I would gloat in the end game. We think too similarly. If I were to gloat, I would save it all for postgame. I would always lock down the win first.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

The delay or refusal to link previous games feels like you aren't going to show us or you are backtesting my theory currently to see if it holds any water and whether you need to plan a defence post before proving links.
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:02 am The delay or refusal to link previous games feels like you aren't going to show us or you are backtesting my theory currently to see if it holds any water and whether you need to plan a defence post before proving links.
No, I'm refusing to link previous games because I think you're scum, your response to my accusation proves it and I feel no need to expend extra effort of digging up my old games just so you can make up some more nonsense about how it proves that I'm scum.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Right now the only thing I care about is showing nutella your true alignment so she shoots you and ends the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:56 am

If you are in too many games and need a quick "clear", would killing Hally be something mafia Mac might do?
Man. If I wanted a kill to give me a quick "clear" I kill Dunya. The fact that Dunya never died here is a pretty strong indicator of my alignment.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think Alison is outed but I cannot figure out which of the others is her partner. Nothing makes a great deal of sense.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:19 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:16 pm Who is alien?

Is it me?

Is it Carotenoid?

Is it protocultures?

Is it Alison?
We're never getting there on you so no point.

Carot has felt very pure but Nutella was right about her EOD yesterday and opening here. I had the exact same thought.

I don't know what Proto's range is but I don't know if legit anyone has what he's done in his mafia range.

Alison is alien or we lose basically.
In the space of 2 hours, you go from scum reading me (last evidence from your post that my violin pic was "fake town") to being town. This type of progression is weird. Sorry Mac if you are town I still can't see it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think she is trying to make me look like her partner.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:09 am Right now the only thing I care about is showing nutella your true alignment so she shoots you and ends the game.
Pretty sure it would help Nutella to figure that out if you posted the links.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:12 am
protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:56 am

Man. If I wanted a kill to give me a quick "clear" I kill Dunya. The fact that Dunya never died here is a pretty strong indicator of my alignment.
You prev said Dunya was scum BECAUSE you are still alive and gave some weird reason I didn't follow. Why does killing Dunya clear you at all?
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:26 am

Is it me?

Is it Carotenoid?

Is it protocultures?

Is it Alison?

Carot has felt very pure but Nutella was right about her EOD yesterday and opening here. I had the exact same thought.

I don't know what Proto's range is but I don't know if legit anyone has what he's done in his mafia range.

In the space of 2 hours, you go from scum reading me (last evidence from your post that my violin pic was "fake town") to being town. This type of progression is weird. Sorry Mac if you are town I still can't see it.
Let me help you figure out why Mac is town.

Go to the "Private Messages" button at the top of the screen, click it, and then click on the role card for this game that DDL sent you. See how it lists your teammates as "Carotenoid, Rej and Soneji", and how MacDougall isn't in that list? That's how you know he's town.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:25 am I think Alison is outed but I cannot figure out which of the others is her partner. Nothing makes a great deal of sense.
Views on my pure read and sample size and Alison's refusal to provide links? Aggressiveness seems to have suddenly spiked through the roof.

[mention]MacDougall[/mention]
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Alison[/mention] if you are town can you just link the prev games and reply to the line of queries from Epi?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:26 am

Is it me?

Is it Carotenoid?

Is it protocultures?

Is it Alison?

Hmmm. This is town. Wrong, but town.

Alison suddenly shifting to townread me while pushing on Proto makes me think she's trying to make me look worse.

So Carot/Alison then.

I guess.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:25 am I think Alison is outed but I cannot figure out which of the others is her partner. Nothing makes a great deal of sense.
Views on my pure read and sample size and Alison's refusal to provide links? Aggressiveness seems to have suddenly spiked through the roof.

@MacDougall
Everything about her posting right now screams agenda. I am pretty sure she's outing and trying to wifom me shot.
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 am

@MacDougall
You are trying to get Mac to respond with something that you can twist and misrep into an attack, because you know that nutella will buy it due to how tunnelled she has been on Mac. Unfortunately for you, I'm here to call you out. Nutella, if you're willing to see reason at all and want to win this game, read this post and think about the possibility of a proto/carot team. It makes sense and you know it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol that last post sounds like it was written in a scum post generator.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

God what am I doing with my life
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fuck it shoot Epi. How is he not dead.

Wait what if it's Epi/Carot and she just lied about protecting him?

Omfg
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Nutella hasn't been tunnelled on Mac. Nutella said she was gonna shoot Alison.

[mention]nutella[/mention] can you request Alison to post links?

Someone else can comment on the posts if Alison prefers so I cannot be accused of twisting anything. It's literally a word search and knowing alignment to see if there is a trend of using wording more as one alignment than another.

I have seen Hally use "pure" a few times as well so it may just be a MU meta to use this word to describe reads. Again if Alison is town, it would help to just show us.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:42 am Fuck it shoot Epi. How is he not dead.

Omfg
Are you saying epi shoots Hally?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:42 am Fuck it shoot Epi. How is he not dead.

Omfg
Lol why are you so obsessed with reading the whole game off the n1 kill?

The answer is almost surely no. I am just paranoid.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Remember when Proto/Epi were tunneling each other for the first 3 days and that whole thing just disappeared. Pepperidge farm remembers.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:46 am
protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 am

Omfg
Lol why are you so obsessed with reading the whole game off the n1 kill?

The answer is almost surely no. I am just paranoid.
It's really useful when there is strongly established meta known by several people. It also reduces POE for me to solve since Nutella is never killing Epi anyway. We always lose to any team with Epi so no point looking at those worlds.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:49 am Remember when Proto/Epi were tunneling each other for the first 3 days and that whole thing just disappeared. Pepperidge farm remembers.
It disappeared for reasons which felt organic to me from Epi's side. Not sure how Epi felt about me flipping my read on him.

Not sure how I could read him town in another game though. I know enough now not to scumread him for certain things though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You are probably right. I'm just throwing shit at the wall at this point.

It's really just Alison/Carot.

Nut will shoot Alison. If there is a tomorrow I'll try to not lose the game lol.

See ya.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I was also paranoid of Alison earlier for the slip re rolecard, weird meta dive into dizzy and Alison's weird flip townclear of epi. I decided to force myself to ignore it. I think that was a mistake.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So how do you like it here Proto?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:52 am You are probably right. I'm just throwing shit at the wall at this point.

It's really just Alison/Carot.

Nut will shoot Alison. If there is a tomorrow I'll try to not lose the game lol.

See ya.
Tomorrow is guaranteed unless I have really screwed up somewhere. Also DDL would have ended the game if aliens had auto. I assume so anyway.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ok I trust you
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 am So how do you like it here Proto?
I'm liking forum the most out of all formats. The people in syndicate are absurdly nice as well.

If I had one wish, it would be more games running on syndicate with open setups with claiming and info dumping allowed.

You probably just need to convert me into loving closed games.

Glad you got me to try forum [mention]MacDougall[/mention]
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well that's very nice
Alison

Post by Alison »

page 90 is literally just proto outing himself as wolf

if you don't see that and aren't willing to re-evaluate then don't put the blame on me when you end up losing the game. bye
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hats off to the aliens whoever they are. They probably deserve to win more than we do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:03 am page 90 is literally just proto outing himself as wolf

if you don't see that and aren't willing to re-evaluate then don't put the blame on me when you end up losing the game. bye
Outing himself as a new syndicator you mean
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:59 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 am So how do you like it here Proto?
I'm liking forum the most out of all formats. The people in syndicate are absurdly nice as well.

If I had one wish, it would be more games running on syndicate with open setups with claiming and info dumping allowed.

You probably just need to convert me into loving closed games.

Glad you got me to try forum @MacDougall
That said I agree with this post though. The people here are really very lovely.

My preference is open flipless setups. Those are the most fun to play, although they're very stressful for town.

Return to “Previous Heists”