Total votes: 11
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 3)

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:45 pm Hey, you know me, I just like to go with the flow. You're in the POE, so I guess my vote is pretty legit. Sorry if I sprinkle in my own gut reads while I vote you.
I'm not disappointed in your for voting me (although I will try to get you to move your vote off me for obvious reasons). I will, however, be very disappointed if you and the rest of town don't follow my legacy.

Speaking of which: both me and Epi are in the POE. Why do you find me more suspicious than Epi?
You said you're a Miller, right? He can be checked and you can't. He's still a suspect.
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 520

Post by Millium »

[mention]Alison[/mention]
Why are you ok being in the POE, if you are against focusing the millers?

The only way I think mafia are winning this game, is if 1 or 2 are in the miller claims. Because we now have people that need to die, which means we don't get much new information from kills
Hally/Me/Long Con/Nutella/Daisy
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

I wanted to try to iso dive both Egi and Alison, but I won't have time
I work up until an hour before EoD
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 pm If you have a reason to clear Kitsu then you need to go ahead and claim it. But I don’t think you do because you keep saying we can get to her after the POE is exhausted, and if she was definitively cleared, you would never entertain the idea.
The reason I have to clear Kitsu is public - I think her claim was a genuine townslip and her play has been townie to me.

Also everyone not in my POE is cleared. If the POE is exhausted and the game hasn't ended that means someone, somehow, has a fake clear on them. Under those circumstances, I would re-evaluate my read on Kitsu. Not before then.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm @Alison
Why are you ok being in the POE, if you are against focusing the millers?

The only way I think mafia are winning this game, is if 1 or 2 are in the miller claims. Because we now have people that need to die, which means we don't get much new information from kills
Hally/Me/Long Con/Nutella/Daisy
I don't understand this question.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:45 pm Hey, you know me, I just like to go with the flow. You're in the POE, so I guess my vote is pretty legit. Sorry if I sprinkle in my own gut reads while I vote you.
I'm not disappointed in your for voting me (although I will try to get you to move your vote off me for obvious reasons). I will, however, be very disappointed if you and the rest of town don't follow my legacy.

Speaking of which: both me and Epi are in the POE. Why do you find me more suspicious than Epi?
You said you're a Miller, right? He can be checked and you can't. He's still a suspect.
It's a reasonable vote from your point of view. That's why I said I'm not disappointed in you for voting me.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

I saw somewhere that you made of PoE of like 4 including you, but you also don't want to focus the millers
so it just pings me
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:14 pm I saw somewhere that you made of PoE of like 4 including you, but you also don't want to focus the millers
so it just pings me
What does "don't want to focus the millers" mean? I don't understand that part.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 170

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:12 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 pm If you have a reason to clear Kitsu then you need to go ahead and claim it. But I don’t think you do because you keep saying we can get to her after the POE is exhausted, and if she was definitively cleared, you would never entertain the idea.
The reason I have to clear Kitsu is public - I think her claim was a genuine townslip and her play has been townie to me.

Also everyone not in my POE is cleared. If the POE is exhausted and the game hasn't ended that means someone, somehow, has a fake clear on them. Under those circumstances, I would re-evaluate my read on Kitsu. Not before then.
Ok, so Kitsu isn’t cleared at all, you just read her as town, got it.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:40 am It is important to sort the POE [Alison/Epi/TSP/Colin]
here
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Nevermind, I think I am making shit up, I didnt see any mention of what I just said in your ISO
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by KitsuShel »

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

I think Alison has made heartfelt responses. And the fact that she’s being logical about the entire situation by keeping herself in the POE makes me feel like she’s being genuine.

But if Epi flips town, then I think that might a nail in the coffin.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 pm

It's a reasonable vote from your point of view. That's why I said I'm not disappointed in you for voting me.
When I have the Alison Seal of Approval™, I feel more confident.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

tied wagons, how exciting
[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]
why are u shading Alison, while sitting on Tony?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 pm tied wagons, how exciting
@ColinIsCool
why are u shading Alison, while sitting on Tony?
I haven’t finished reading through Alison or Epi’s posts. Once I do, I’ll solidify a vote.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Night 1)

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 pm Really I think you're way more focused on coordination and POE than actually making a list of the people on the scum team. I understand this is your playstyle which is why I'm not scumreading you for it, and in theory it comes to the same conclusion as straight scumreading people, but it only really bears fruit (ie. identifies the scum team) very late in the game by definition because it involves a slow process of elimination. So obviously as early as N1 I can't say that you've actually tried very hard to pin down the mafia.
:confused:
Alison

Post by Alison »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 pm Really I think you're way more focused on coordination and POE than actually making a list of the people on the scum team. I understand this is your playstyle which is why I'm not scumreading you for it, and in theory it comes to the same conclusion as straight scumreading people, but it only really bears fruit (ie. identifies the scum team) very late in the game by definition because it involves a slow process of elimination. So obviously as early as N1 I can't say that you've actually tried very hard to pin down the mafia.
"Townies should try to find other townies, and also try to find scum members. JJJ finds other townies, but not scum members. This is ordinarily scummy, but since it's a part of JJJ's meta, and is also suited to this game, I'll accept it."
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I read Allison. It’s like night-and-day where I find myself nodding along (through N1 especially) and then shaking my head in disagreement (everything for the last 16 hours or so). I can definitely see a world where we are both townies who disagree on what’s prudent, but the general rigidity in belief throughout is not something I would usually associate with a townie. Still in POE
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

I'll try to be around, I gotta head to work for 7 hours
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:06 am Hey, I know I'm dropping off today. Heart's not in it right now. Ping me with questions.
Whaddya think of Alison’s most recent posts?
I don't quite know. It feels like sort of textbook "grasping at straws" but calling out the Kitsu chop as being bad feels sort of genuine and I think the point about Epi bussing here feels genuine. I decidd that the latter is NAI -- scum, if they feel like they've distanced successfully, want the credit for it and that's Alison trying to claim that. I don't think it's substantially less likely to be Epi/Alison/X from her posts.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:42 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 pm
"Townies should try to find other townies, and also try to find scum members. JJJ finds other townies, but not scum members. This is ordinarily scummy, but since it's a part of JJJ's meta, and is also suited to this game, I'll accept it."
It’s also a visibly untrue view of my play.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If I was a younger man, I would make a list of everyone who has claimed miller, everyone who has invited an investigative role to check them out, everyone who was mechanically cleared, and then see who I had left.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:31 am Note that we need to remain in a state of high urgency at all times. Jack is a host from the HC Realms tree, and that means we cannot trust conventional assumptions about how alignments may be distributed. When I see 15 players, I tend to assume 12 vs. 3 is the most standard. With Jack though, I will not count out 11 vs. 4 or even 10 vs. 5 (with potential independent involvement too). It depends upon the arrangements of the roles he has decided to feature.

The point is that we cannot fart around in a Jack game. Play hard at all times or suffer the consequences.
I just want to say I laugh at this post every time I see it. Whether he is town or scum you gotta admit Epi’s GIF gamr is unmatched.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I don't particularly see her argument throughout her posts but I don't think that's a scum tell. I'm currently voting for Epi but I've gone back and forth and could find myself swayed by the non-miller point and more elaborate cases.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t see any reason to vote for Epi instead of other people in the POE. I see a town mindset and largely find myself empathizing with his viewpoint.

My decision’s not final but I feel a hell of a lot better about Epi than I expected to, and they’re tied, so [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Can someone remind me why nutella has been removed from POEs? Cleared via info?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tony’s waffling continues to be so inconclusive that it looks deliberate to me.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:13 pm Can someone remind me why nutella has been removed from POEs? Cleared via info?
Wisp and Daisy checks

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:14 pm Tony’s waffling continues to be so inconclusive that it looks deliberate to me.
there may be something else afoot that makes it more necessary.
consider this a very soft claim
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Current vote distribution:

Alison (6): Wisp, Long Con, sabie, Colin, Epignosis, JJJ

Epignosis (5): Hally, nutella, Alison, Tony, KitsuShel
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:14 pm Tony’s waffling continues to be so inconclusive that it looks deliberate to me.
there may be something else afoot that makes it more necessary.
consider this a very soft claim
:confused2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

But also I think Jay's switched his vote more times than I have
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Who's mafia, Jay?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:24 pm Who's mafia, Jay?
With a gun to my head I would say Alison, Epignosis, and Tony.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

The suddenness of this attack on me really feels like an attempt to counterwagon Epi tbh
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Having just read Epi’s posts, I don’t know if I see a world where he and Alison are teammates. His problems with her poking at him feels consistent and beyond the expected level of distancing.

(That said, if there ever were a game for Epi to bus, it would be the one where everyone makes a scene about how he doesn’t bus.)
Alison

Post by Alison »

Like way too many people piled on me in way too short period of time. I think scum is just happy to exe me because it saves Epi, and that reinforces my feeling on Epi. Either way I think it's incorrect to vote outside of me and Epi today. In fact I would find it actively suspicious not to.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:31 pm Either way I think it's incorrect to vote outside of me and Epi today. In fact I would find it actively suspicious not to.
I don't know if this needs to be the case. We all have our guns drawn against each other right now, but there are other reasonable chops to make today and I wouldn't want to get totally complacent several hours before EOD.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:30 pm The suddenness of this attack on me really feels like an attempt to counterwagon Epi tbh
who's trying to counterwagon epi?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like I agree that it's probably incorrect not to chop one of Alison or Epi. I have no sense over who is more likely to be scum independently. My gut says Epi, but the mechanics point means that if Alison is town and Epi is scum we're sorta likely to find out
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

let it rand :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:26 pm I agree.
Imagine a hypothetical world wherein you have chopped two among [Colin, Tony, Epignosis] and both have flipped civilian. It's ExLo now. Have you done your job as a civilian?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:39 pm
Imagine a hypothetical world wherein you have chopped two among [Colin, Tony, Epignosis] and both have flipped civilian. It's ExLo now. Have you done your job as a civilian?
Obviously not since I still need to catch scum?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:04 pm
The point is that your methodology has, in that scenario, walked the civilian team to ExLo without any prior preparation for the alternative theorizing or tinfoiling that would then be a necessity.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:06 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:04 pm
The point is that your methodology has, in that scenario, walked the civilian team to ExLo without any prior preparation for the alternative theorizing or tinfoiling that would then be a necessity.
What do you mean "prior preparation"

In this scenario many of the towncore would be killed by mafia in the first place, so those kills will inform your hunting for the deepwolf far better than throwing out baseless speculation while we're still in the POE
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:15 pmWhat do you mean "prior preparation"

In this scenario many of the towncore would be killed by mafia in the first place, so those kills will inform your hunting for the deepwolf far better than throwing out baseless speculation while we're still in the POE
If the first effort given toward vigilant investigation of "town core" players is at or near Exlo, then the probability of that town getting the answer right is well lower than it needs to be. I think your second sentence is completely untrue, because speculation is not "baseless"; at least not anymore than speculation about what makes the POE pool valid.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:30 pm The suddenness of this attack on me really feels like an attempt to counterwagon Epi tbh
You should answer this question, Alison.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison your general approach to this game is hard to buy. For a while you called me a suspect because of my orientation toward a POE approach (even as I named and cased suspects along the way). Now your adherence to the POE is more radical than anything I have ever espoused in this game. It's more radical than anything Nanook ever espoused in this game.

By the Alison method, we don't sort players in our POE group. We just chop them. The end. No discussion. No chatter. Nothing. Don't talk to them. Just kill them and go from there. That's glorified i n f o - c h o p p i n g and does not reflect the dedicated hunt of the uninformed faction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:30 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 pm
You should answer this question, Alison.
epi, colin, you, sabie

are individuals I think look bad once I flip town

(please remember and refer to this post once I flip thanks)
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:29 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:15 pmWhat do you mean "prior preparation"

If the first effort given toward vigilant investigation of "town core" players is at or near Exlo, then the probability of that town getting the answer right is well lower than it needs to be. I think your second sentence is completely untrue, because speculation is not "baseless"; at least not anymore than speculation about what makes the POE pool valid.
It is baseless in the sense that it flies in the face of <whatever it is we believe makes the towncore cleared>

Like if I went out there right now and called Wisp scum, that would be baseless because we have strong evidence that Wisp is town, and doing so would only be hurtful to town. I believe the same is true for all members of the towncore.

Return to “Previous Jobs”