Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Re: Philosophers' Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Benson »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:08 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:06 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 pm i just reread the entire thread and wow im actually pretty scummy wonder how many people are scumreading me
actually i disagree? i thought u were kinda towny

why did u scumread yourself? i wanna argue your read on yourself
WAIT

OK, this might be wolfy.
I'm interested. Why is it wolfy?
I don't know if wanting to disagree and saying he's been towny feels natural. Like what was even towny anyways? Idk, that's obviously not a compelling argument.
But it's always easier for wolves to just pop-in to express disagreement in places where they *know* they are correct. You know?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 346
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 455

Post by tutuu »

19/30
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:08 pm Now to decide if "esoteric reasoning" is short for "I want to defend my scum buddy" or "I know tutuu is town because I have TMI". It's probably the latter and calling us V/V is just a pocket attempt.
are u saying this to get the ball rolling or is this genuine town alison? cuz i know that u like being serious or at least u come off often like that, and admittedly i dont know u that well yet but im puzzled as to why u just "reveal ur cards" like that? like, if u wanted to do what u said in this post, why wouldnt u question iaafr so u can then decide based off of his answer? why are u telling him pre-emptively what are u planning to do?

i am also very puzzled at iaafr scumcasing his own post. i thought he's towny and its kinda funny how hard he tried to scumcase himself

and finally im puzzled at benson's post calling my post scummy. maybe im biased cuz i know im town but from my pov i was just being real, and i ended my post with a slight joke "i wanna argue your read on yourself" like i just tought it sounded cute
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Timsup2nothin »

ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Benson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:16 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:08 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:06 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 pm i just reread the entire thread and wow im actually pretty scummy wonder how many people are scumreading me
actually i disagree? i thought u were kinda towny

why did u scumread yourself? i wanna argue your read on yourself
WAIT

OK, this might be wolfy.
I'm interested. Why is it wolfy?
I don't know if wanting to disagree and saying he's been towny feels natural. Like what was even towny anyways? Idk, that's obviously not a compelling argument.
But it's always easier for wolves to just pop-in to express disagreement in places where they *know* they are correct. You know?
maybe it didnt feel natural to u shrug. im town and wat i did was natural. wolves do TMI townies as town, yes, but townies do also express townreads on ppl too
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Tbh Alison might be trying to implement the teachings of Nietzsche's The Will to Powerwolf
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:17 pm 19/30
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:08 pm Now to decide if "esoteric reasoning" is short for "I want to defend my scum buddy" or "I know tutuu is town because I have TMI". It's probably the latter and calling us V/V is just a pocket attempt.
are u saying this to get the ball rolling or is this genuine town alison? cuz i know that u like being serious or at least u come off often like that, and admittedly i dont know u that well yet but im puzzled as to why u just "reveal ur cards" like that? like, if u wanted to do what u said in this post, why wouldnt u question iaafr so u can then decide based off of his answer? why are u telling him pre-emptively what are u planning to do?

i am also very puzzled at iaafr scumcasing his own post. i thought he's towny and its kinda funny how hard he tried to scumcase himself

and finally im puzzled at benson's post calling my post scummy. maybe im biased cuz i know im town but from my pov i was just being real, and i ended my post with a slight joke "i wanna argue your read on yourself" like i just tought it sounded cute
You'll learn quickly to not be puzzled by the things iaafr does
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 360
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 pm my head is already spinning. i disagree with so much posts made posted itt already i dont even know where to begin lol
Wew wolfy post
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

iaafr wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:15 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:14 pm i only wanted to call civ/civ for the postgame cred tbqh

and i actually know how to post towny as scum i just sandbag as town and post stupid shit because i always become obvtown anyway

we'll see if i live up to that next phase i suppose
is this a scumslip
lmao
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:26 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 pm my head is already spinning. i disagree with so much posts made posted itt already i dont even know where to begin lol
Wew wolfy post
21/30

its not!
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Benson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:16 pm I don't know if wanting to disagree and saying he's been towny feels natural. Like what was even towny anyways? Idk, that's obviously not a compelling argument.
It's the same argument I used with iaafr's read on tutuu/me as V/V, actually.
tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:17 pm are u saying this to get the ball rolling or is this genuine town alison? cuz i know that u like being serious or at least u come off often like that, and admittedly i dont know u that well yet but im puzzled as to why u just "reveal ur cards" like that? like, if u wanted to do what u said in this post, why wouldnt u question iaafr so u can then decide based off of his answer? why are u telling him pre-emptively what are u planning to do?
I'm laying out the two main possibilities I see. I expect iaafr will give me more information about which, if either, is correct as the game goes by. If he tries to intentionally conceal his relationship to you or muddy the waters, that tells me something, too.
Benson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:19 pm Tbh Alison might be trying to implement the teachings of Nietzsche's The Will to Powerwolf
I do love powerwolfing.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Tutu, why was iaafr towny before?
Alison

Post by Alison »

I actually think iaafr thinking his own play is scummy, and scrutinizing it, and half-jokingly(?) calling it scummy is pretty sketchy. On average, wolves tend to be far more aware of how scummy their posts look (with some exceptions), and they often see those posts as scummier than average because they're biased knowing their own alignment. Scumreading his own play is I think a pre-emptive thing to get ahead of people who might want to call those posts out and make them feel silly for doing so.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

22/30

re: alison yes i understand that but i just thought it didnt make much sense to me to pre-emptively reveal your thoughts to someone you're trying to interrogate. id peronsally keep that to myself but i guess thats ujst me and i have no reason to believe this is scummy for u

re: benson i thought he was just free-flowy and trying to start conversations and stuff like that. he made the first post that broke the tone of the game from chit-chat to a serious post when he asked tims2upnothing about something that i forgot what was it but i remember thinking that i didnt think iaafr was interested the answer but he just asked to get the ball rolling at least thats the impressino i got but i didnt imemdiately say itt that i find it towny cuz i wasnt that confident but now i feel kinda cornered to say this?

edit linki (alisons's last post) i kinda agree that i also feel a bit sketched out. he could be town and that could just be humor but idk
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 527
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

haha still town hahahahahaha

ok 30/30 my d1 entrance will be a full readslist bai glhf
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:32 pm I actually think iaafr thinking his own play is scummy, and scrutinizing it, and half-jokingly(?) calling it scummy is pretty sketchy. On average, wolves tend to be far more aware of how scummy their posts look (with some exceptions), and they often see those posts as scummier than average because they're biased knowing their own alignment. Scumreading his own play is I think a pre-emptive thing to get ahead of people who might want to call those posts out and make them feel silly for doing so.
I agree with this yeah, I think he's deffo in wolfrange so far
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:32 pm I actually think iaafr thinking his own play is scummy, and scrutinizing it, and half-jokingly(?) calling it scummy is pretty sketchy. On average, wolves tend to be far more aware of how scummy their posts look (with some exceptions), and they often see those posts as scummier than average because they're biased knowing their own alignment. Scumreading his own play is I think a pre-emptive thing to get ahead of people who might want to call those posts out and make them feel silly for doing so.
Normally, absolutely. But with iaafr I honestly don't know. He's rather unconventional, but I have only played with him once where he was town.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:33 pm 22/30

re: alison yes i understand that but i just thought it didnt make much sense to me to pre-emptively reveal your thoughts to someone you're trying to interrogate. id peronsally keep that to myself but i guess thats ujst me and i have no reason to believe this is scummy for u

re: benson i thought he was just free-flowy and trying to start conversations and stuff like that. he made the first post that broke the tone of the game from chit-chat to a serious post when he asked tims2upnothing about something that i forgot what was it but i remember thinking that i didnt think iaafr was interested the answer but he just asked to get the ball rolling at least thats the impressino i got but i didnt imemdiately say itt that i find it towny cuz i wasnt that confident but now i feel kinda cornered to say this?

edit linki (alisons's last post) i kinda agree that i also feel a bit sketched out. he could be town and that could just be humor but idk
Wait, there was a serious post? At me?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:33 pm 22/30

I mean, you were confident enough to stop iaarf to tell him you disagreed and thought he was towny.
I won't push this point any further because it is very minor, but I personally don't think that felt like a genuine read.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 pm
How much overlap is there between his townrange and his wolfrange?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

23/30

yes tim, lol

benson as i said part of my intention when making that post was trying to be cute/funny. i wanted an excuse to say "i wanna argue your read on yourself". and the budget "read" was genuine just like everything else ive been saying this game cuz im town
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

It's a little early to be making serious posts at me, and I would think that Rabbit would know better.

I will give this matter serious attention!

Eventually.
ImageImageImageImage
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:49 pm It's a little early to be making serious posts at me, and I would think that Rabbit would know better.

I will give this matter serious attention!

Eventually.
I think it was the post about d0 reads mattering/not mattering (which you already responded to).
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

24/30

tr on tim, i think its towny that he spent a post saying "wait did X rly do Y?" instead of taking 5 secs to scroll back and see for it himself. and im kinda feeling like he still didnt bother going back to look for it, he just assumed what im saying is true and went along with it and made a joke
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Damn, tutu with some fire takes.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

25/30

if ur saying my read is pushing it / outlandish, from my pov, its not any less outlandish / reachy than ur read on me
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:56 pm 25/30

if ur saying my read is pushing it / outlandish, from my pov, its not any less outlandish / reachy than ur read on me
I wasn't criticizing the last read, no. I meant that as in it was an interesting take that I wouldn't expect, but would welcome, of course.
I think in an abstract sense I kind of agree with the rationale.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

26/30

oh alright, im sorry. i thought that u were voicing disagreement and i got into a defensive mode. tbf nutella also said i had a scummy post so that contributed to my knee jerk reaction being defensive but sorry

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 pm Reserved for day 0 flavor
Best flavor I’ve ever read tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:11 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 pm Reserved for day 0 flavor
Best flavor I’ve ever read tbh
Consice and to the point. 10/10
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Benson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:45 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 pm
How much overlap is there between his townrange and his wolfrange?
he's kinda infamous for having insane postcount as town and for not being able to imitate his town meta well as scum, but I don't think him hitting the tiny cap early here is telling at all yet, and some of his posts do have an odd tone. however, I can easily see him doing the "I know my posts look scummy" thing as town, he did a sort of similar thing in a recent town game actually. I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to tell/have a strong townread of him by like halfway through d1 if he is town.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I wasn’t actually planning to pay attention to this game until like D3 but are you guys nutso IAAFR is like hard clear

He’s also probably town

Tutu is also pretty town based off the three posts of hers I read

I’m doing it dad I’m doing a mafia
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Amy wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:21 pm I am so supremely confident in my abilities, and so thunderously calm + relaxed, that I will make a single irrelevant post at SOD then peace out for hours on end. I won't do anything villagery, I won't make any reads, I'll make 29 shitposts over the next 23 hours, then once D1 rolls around I'll make an unspecified number of additional shitposts. No cogent thought will escape these handsome lips. I will be illogical, haphazard, superfluous, inessential, pointless, redundant, uncalled for, unwarranted, unjustified, and gratuitous. The effen theorem will catch me with my pants betwixt my ankles. I'll vote off-wagon, talk about random nonsense, and make inappropriate japes concerning my relation to wolfchat. I am preemptively declaring any responses to this post "fair enough". I'll complain about a lack of WIM, the cause of which is nebuluous, obscure, and entirely insufficient. I will fabricate excuses and pretend I am busy to avoid posting in this thread, when in fact I will be watching cartoons and eating cheeto puffs in my underwear. More specifically, black boxer-briefs. You can't stop me. You can't misyeet me. You're powerless. I laugh in your face. I'm a villager, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want. Go cry in wolfchat, you big baby. While you're poring over the thread, searching for any clue at all to help you in the seer hunt, know that I am still watching those cartoons and eating those cheeto puffs, nary a care in the world. My armpits are bone dry. I'm a villager, what are you going to do about it? Nothing; you will do nothing about it, because that's all you can do. Ligma. What's ligma? Ligma balls.

[VOTE: Sleep] aubergine
Ditto. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:57 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:50 pm ok i just checked to make sure; still town
Based on my trademarked instantaneous avatar read system I believe this to be true.
Oh snap, do me! :grin:
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:42 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:57 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:50 pm ok i just checked to make sure; still town
Based on my trademarked instantaneous avatar read system I believe this to be true.
Oh snap, do me! :grin:
Town :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Amy »

i want it known that he did something similar in his last non-mash towngame and kept it up for all of d1. this is NAI for him
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 pm I agree with this yeah, I think he's deffo in wolfrange so far
and you should know this, because you were in that game. what's different about him here?

3/30
hope you're having a good day
Alison

Post by Alison »

If we're reading alignment based on avatars then a Your Name avatar has to be lock town right? Like that movie is on par with Madoka Magica.

Anyway even if the "call your own play scummy" thing is NAI for him I think the rest of my points are still valid.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

tutuu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:52 pm 24/30

tr on tim, i think its towny that he spent a post saying "wait did X rly do Y?" instead of taking 5 secs to scroll back and see for it himself. and im kinda feeling like he still didnt bother going back to look for it, he just assumed what im saying is true and went along with it and made a joke
this is a bad read on tim, because tim is a player who's generally extremely cognizant of his own posting and able to deliberately fake stuff like this as a wolf quite well

that said i think it's kind of villagery to make this read, maybe?

i'm torn on tutuu in general because i think the way they kinda jumped us out of shitposting phase by taking a jokepost seriously is something i've seen both alignments do and i'm not entirely sure which one i'm looking at here. gth probably v off tone but far from sure

4/30
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:09 am If we're reading alignment based on avatars then a Your Name avatar has to be lock town right? Like that movie is on par with Madoka Magica.

Anyway even if the "call your own play scummy" thing is NAI for him I think the rest of my points are still valid.
i haven't seen madoka magica but i'm already pocketed gg

i think your disliking the use of the word "tunnel" there is again somewhat NAI for iaafr; i think there may be something to your point on potential TMI on you/tutuu but i'm not willing to go anywhere near that until people start flipping, i think

idk i guess i just struggle to see anything iaafr's really done so far as being anything other than "iaafr being iaafr"

5/30
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Premature. Not bad. It was reasoned. Amy is correct that there was absolutely nothing outside my wolf range there, but as long as you give solid reasoning you aren't making a bad read. Just don't count it as a conclusion.
ImageImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

i guess honestly given that it's d0 and doesn't matter, and that the threadstate mostly reflects this, it's probably lightly villagery in a vacuum for anyone to be actually Playing The Game at this point

which i think looks best for alison because she's taking it the most seriously

6/30
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 am Premature. Not bad. It was reasoned. Amy is correct that there was absolutely nothing outside my wolf range there, but as long as you give solid reasoning you aren't making a bad read. Just don't count it as a conclusion.
yeah perhaps better phrasing would have been "bad way to read tim specifically"

side note ctrl+i not italicizing on this forum is yet another reason why phpBB needs to go away

7/30
Alison

Post by Alison »

Amy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:14 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:09 am If we're reading alignment based on avatars then a Your Name avatar has to be lock town right? Like that movie is on par with Madoka Magica.

i haven't seen madoka magica but i'm already pocketed gg

i think your disliking the use of the word "tunnel" there is again somewhat NAI for iaafr; i think there may be something to your point on potential TMI on you/tutuu but i'm not willing to go anywhere near that until people start flipping, i think

idk i guess i just struggle to see anything iaafr's really done so far as being anything other than "iaafr being iaafr"

5/30
If you liked Your Name you'll like Madoka Magica.

Anyway a couple of people have chimed in to say that everything I find suspicious is just iaafr's meta but I don't have any leads other than tutuu/iaafr at the moment so I'm happy to just pursue it and see how it goes. If I'm wrong I have my faith in my ability to re-evaluate.

Playing the game is scummy tbh

So are cases

And meta
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Amy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:06 am and you should know this, because you were in that game. what's different about him here?
I just brought that up in my post right before yours. It's not quite the same thing he did there, but you're right that he can easily be town -- it took a little bit into d1 in that game for me to feel quite right about him, and I suspect the same will apply here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

...while writing that post I thought more about some stuff rabbit posted and realized he probably is just lock town lmao.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Thanks for sheeping

Who else would like to sheep my super good reads
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:36 am Thanks for sheeping

Who else would like to sheep my super good reads
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

to be or not to be...

town? scum?

that is the question

but have we ever thought

what is it that truly makes a town a town

what is it that truly makes a scum a scum

in this game, it is our duty, as town, to unlock the essence

of what towniness

actually means

to us

But not just to us!

What towniness

just

is.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Shakespeare reference in a Philosopher game.

I'll go with towny on that.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”