NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 346
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Philosophers' Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Fwiw Proto has been quiet everywhere so I think that's just NAI

He's still POE for sure but yeah not reading into his absence

[mention]nutella[/mention] you don't have a shot tonight, is that right? If you do we should coordinate shot and check pools for you and tutu, if not then tutu's pool is fairly obvious kek
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 360
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Philosophers' Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by nutella »

iaafr wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:08 am
nutella wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:31 am
...while writing that post I thought more about some stuff rabbit posted and realized he probably is just lock town lmao.
btw nutella curious what got you to here

because it was probably right and you should probably stick to it even if we make it all the way to f3 together just snap the other person itll be great trust me
lol i think it was literally just the fact that you said you were going to post a shit ton

i think there was some other nebulous contributor to it but idr

but i think wolf!you can just as easily break cap in this game as you have so it's sorta nai
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

iaafr wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:13 am btw i love all the fear i get for all the being hedgy/wrong and infinite flipflopping like "wow what a nice meta to have if youre wolf you can just remove anybody from locktown and tunnel your own townreads and its in your townrange"

and then when i actually roll wolf im like frozen and my reads are static and i cant even use my own flipflop meta properly
i mean part of why i'm paranoid of you here is that...you haven't been doing the flipflop thing as dramatically as usual imo and it just kinda feels like you're struggling a bit to emulate it

and especially the way you stayed tunneled on amy for much longer than was merited imo was triggering
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:23 am Fwiw Proto has been quiet everywhere so I think that's just NAI

He's still POE for sure but yeah not reading into his absence

@nutella you don't have a shot tonight, is that right? If you do we should coordinate shot and check pools for you and tutu, if not then tutu's pool is fairly obvious kek
i cannot shoot anymore

for mafia eyes only
i'm obviously bluffing you should probably kill me
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Is this a possible philosopher name/location soup kill? I have no real problem revealing my name and place of birth - as in, it ain't from Greece - but will you forgive me if I'm a little wary?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:25 am
iaafr wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:13 am btw i love all the fear i get for all the being hedgy/wrong and infinite flipflopping like "wow what a nice meta to have if youre wolf you can just remove anybody from locktown and tunnel your own townreads and its in your townrange"

and then when i actually roll wolf im like frozen and my reads are static and i cant even use my own flipflop meta properly
i mean part of why i'm paranoid of you here is that...you haven't been doing the flipflop thing as dramatically as usual imo and it just kinda feels like you're struggling a bit to emulate it

and especially the way you stayed tunneled on amy for much longer than was merited imo was triggering
but also holy crap i relate to that post so hard on like an extremely deepseated level
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

K, that makes [mention]tutuu[/mention] pool dizzy/Proto/....probably just those two actually kek
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by protocultures »

aiyaya

catching up from page 27

Technically amy is also an acceptable check ig but I think dizzy/proto are the obvious best checks
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:28 am aiyaya

catching up from page 27
hee hee hee it's a hell of a read.
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 527
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

would u believe me if i say i flip flopped far more on amy than i posted about and sometimes im fine maintaining a sus i dont necessarily have just to keep it in the collective consciousness esp if it doesnt seem to bother the person?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

iaafr wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:32 am

would u believe me if i say i flip flopped far more on amy than i posted about and sometimes im fine maintaining a sus i dont necessarily have just to keep it in the collective consciousness esp if it doesnt seem to bother the person?
i would believe you but i wouldn't think you are town

......seriously this is very not a town iaafr post wtf dude
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Philosophers' Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:16 pm hard claim town redirector

i redirected radishes to long con last night. radishes was mafia and i jacked his kill

GOTTEM
forgive me a mechanics question, but what does this mean?

if player X targets Radishes, does this mean Player X targets Long Con?

Or, does it mean, if Radishes targets player X, it redirects to Long Con?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:17 pm

i redirected radishes to long con last night. radishes was mafia and i jacked his kill

GOTTEM
O my god if this and the other stuff is all true...!!
gonna make a scummy request, but while I am catching up, can you let me know what you did last night and who you targetted?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:41 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:17 pm

GOTTEM
O my god if this and the other stuff is all true...!!
gonna make a scummy request, but while I am catching up, can you let me know what you did last night and who you targetted?
I targetted nobody; I don't have that kind of role. You will come across summaries of the powers as you catch up, there are several.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

iaafr wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:50 pmi holstered
if can do both every night, why holster???
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:19 pm What became of Protocultures? Can we just kill him?
end of page 34, catching up.

Let me get current (to see if anyone is inconsistent), claim and then its actually probably not terrible if I am the vote today for "reasons". This is not ironic, its probably not terrible to vote me today, although I prefer a hit mafia.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Philosophers' Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by protocultures »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:55 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:18 pm Standard Rules:

11) Mechanics:
a) Double targeting is allowed.
b) Self targeting is not allowed where roles don't allow otherwise, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
c) You will not be told if your action fails or is altered.
d) Ties in day polls will kill the weakest mind.
e) Majority is enabled starting day 2.
f) If you have questions, direct them to me via pm.
g) All actions are night actions unless obviously not night actions or as otherwise specified.

With 14 players, 8 is majority.

*flavor*

Alison has been chopped. She was René Descartes, Town.
wtf I didnt even get to vote
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I probably have to die today, so I will not lie at all. Since I will flip after death, its better you just have 100% mechanically confirmed information from me, my role, and the action I undertook and the result.

I believe a lot of town are lying about their roles, but I understand why. You should not necessarily scumread eachother in future for having lied in prev day phase imo. I believe it was necessary. I contemplated lying about my own power(s) for a long time because while lying is anti town, it can be helpful to confuse mafia. However, the nature of my power is not confirmable and it gives me a great excuse for mafia to leave me alive. This will in turn taint your future reads through association. You will scumread me and not want to vote on same person as me for example. As such, this is why I think its actually better for my alignment to die today. Hopefully that is not counted as "throwing" and punishable, since this is a considered opinion.

I can argue for why I am town if people would like, but they arent that good in comparison to the claims.

My dying request is that please do not scumread people who vote on me. Some people who do not vote me will read will scumread people who did vote on me. Those people may look at voters on me as being indicative of mafia. Please do not do this. I think its better if I am unanimously voted here so people do not read into the vote on me at all.

I will say that my tin foil hat is on a much higher level than other people, and I clear nobody mechanically from these claims. Yes some of them are extremely AI. You will almost certaintly have an omega deep wolf this game, like Tutuu or Nanook level. If not, and the game is actually just easy, this is example meta of me being tinfoil re all claims as town.

Historically, I am always extremely distrusful of any claims in any setup because I fake claim so frequently as mafia. They are so easy to do. Most people usually believe claims a bit too much. This gets me scumread a lot, and I suspect me pushing tinfoil will get me scumread as well, and killed eventually. Its better to die earlier imo.

So here we go, my summary from the catchup. If any errors, let me know.

This summary might be useful for others anyway down the road. I was not really active for a period of time, and I was surpised the day ended so quickly (seemed like less than the usual 24 hours to me anyway) so here is my apologetic offering for slanking.

Day 2 summary of claim info

• Master Radishes dies in the night – alignment unknown

• Nutella claims shot – says cleaning is part of shooting and makes it more likely Master Radishes was mafia.

• Iaafr also claims shot Master Radishes

• Tutu claims red on colonial bob – geography cop, they all from greece

• Iaafr also claims red on colonial bob – rescind claim

• Tim claims green on Radishes – rescinds claim once Tutuu hard claims

• Benson claims doc save on Tutuu

• Loncon claims was shot – pinged vest

• Hally claims redirected Radishes to Long con. – query made re how redirected

• Colonial Bob – killed in daytime – mafia

• Tim claims German philosopher

• Nanook claims daytime shot on Bob.

• Hally claims redirect mafia to mafia will fail, and therefore clears LC as town.

• Colin claims tracker and says targeted LC and they did not target anyone.

• Tim claims inventor, gave extra posts to Iaafr

• Alison claims odd night doc/even night tracker and RNG save onto Tim

• Iaafr claims trackser and doctor but can do both every night

• Alison claims Rene Descartes

• WWH claims their role is unverifiable and NAI

• WWH claims power to remove someones vote in the day

• Alison gets majority voted with a vote power PR

• LC claims NOT double voter

• Benson claims vote stealing power

• Nutella: "I shoot at someone. if they are town it has a 30% chance to hit. if they are mafia it has an 80% chance to hit. the janitor is the tradeoff for me having that probability. once I successfully hit I can no longer use it."

• LC says their role has % involved so tends to believe Nutella is telling truth.

• Mass flavour claiming

• LC claims did not target anyone either, but this is after Colin makes this claim that they visit nobody.

My thoughts on the below.

Why would Master Radishes take the KP out of the mafia team? One of most scumread people in any mafia team? This is a huge red flag for me when people want to clear people for checks/actions relating to Master Radishes. I think on balance, it is more likely that they were town. As such, I would suggest you look at Nutella/Hally or at least, do not consider them as cleared. I am unfamiliar with any town janitor roles, but used to mafia janitor roles. My gut says Master Radishes was town, and got killed and janitored by mafia. Basically everyone pushing Master Radishes as a mafia hit, which leads to follow-on logic clearing people should be considered suspicious. Nutella, Hally, LC are top of the list to me. Also to a certain extent Colin for giving an alibi for LC.

Colin is telling truth about LC not targeting anyone on the first night. Telling the truth is NAI.

The existence of my role indicates that priority is a thing, and other roles might be screwing with prioritiy in ways that people may not be considering.

Too many tracker claims now, since Alison is confirmed, and my role is kind of a tracker.

Colin's explanation for why they targetted LC is “Because I thought he was bad but not taking a ton of heat so he might be a good choice of the wolf team to do the kill”. This is EXACTLY same same reason why I targetted LC. LC's support for Tim's read on them is why I kind of scumread LC. I was not going to go for my top scum, more someone in the null range who might be mafia carrying KP when I picked my check.

My thoughts on Alison before I found out she died.

"Alison – why wouldn’t alison pick an unverifiable role instead to claim instead of a verifable one? Their role sounds out of scale with other powers. It’s a bad fake claim. Alison is smart, she doesn’t make bad fake claims." Doesnt really matter now, but I think its probably helpful to look into the vote on Alison to find mafia. Again, after I flip, hopefully this has a bit more persuasive force.

My role reveal

Laozi
Chinese
Taoism

One time use to check someone. My targets has highest priority and can never be blocked or redirected or anything like that. I am told what action is used by my target and get a parity check between my target and their night target (if they had an action).

My target: LC
Result: Target did not use an action

RIP me. I am just a villy now, not a PR. I will never eat a mafia bullet at night. The only reason I considered lying about the full nature of my role was to eat a mafia bullet. however this risks being saved by town when they could have saved an actual PR. Now I have told the truth, it is better to take me out of POE to reduce paranoia since mafia will never kill me.

Just for fun, I breadcrumbed my role in earlier posts in case someone claimed my role and it could have been helpful to indiate I never softed another role other than the one I am claiming. However, my breadcrumb in this current situation is totally NAI though as I would do this as mafia.
protocultures wrote: ↑Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:51 am
Good luck, have fun all – just checking into the game to say I am present and ready. Uh, in case anyone gets suspicious that I am not saying “look at me I am town”, here you go – its totally NAI for me as a player. I am hard to read if you haven’t played with me before, I am still sometimes hard to read if you have – suggest you sheep their reads on me for first few days if I confuse you. Does anyone know how I can keep track of daily postcount? Even on day 0, I have mafia reads on people.
GUIDE - for priority for actions
protocultures wrote: ↑Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:51 am
"Perhaps you have excellent meta for your read on LC, at present your read appears fruit from the poisonous tree
Respectfully I implore you to please justify, illuminate me with logic before paranoia may intensify
Thank you so much for your time and attention, you hopefully understand my mistrustful apprehension"
PARITY - for obvious reasons

No other intentional easter eggs in my posts btw, in case any of you wanted to go down a rabbit hole. Town dont waste your time.

No hard feelings and I wish you the best of luck. Will be watching from spec chat.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

rip formatting, here it is again a bit cleaner.
protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:51 am Good luck, have fun all – just checking into the game to say I am present and ready. Uh, in case anyone gets suspicious that I am not saying “look at me I am town”, here you go – its totally NAI for me as a player. I am hard to read if you haven’t played with me before, I am still sometimes hard to read if you have – suggest you sheep their reads on me for first few days if I confuse you. Does anyone know how I can keep track of daily postcount? Even on day 0, I have mafia reads on people.
protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:51 pm "Perhaps you have excellent meta for your read on LC, at present your read appears fruit from the poisonous tree
Respectfully I implore you to please justify, illuminate me with logic before paranoia may intensify
Thank you so much for your time and attention, you hopefully understand my mistrustful apprehension"
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Amy »

i don't think i want to dunk proto

20/30
hope you're having a good day
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Dyslexicon »

How many mafia have died? How many town? How many left? Who are the bottom PoE players and what can I do to help? [mention]tutuu[/mention] [mention]protocultures[/mention] and maybe even [mention]Hally[/mention]

Please @ me. Still can’t read much, but I may still be able to help. We’ll see.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] - 1: iso hally and tell us if they are town. 2: Post something sufficient enough for Hally to determine your alignment with a decent confidence level.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:20 am @Dyslexicon - 1: iso hally and tell us if they are town. 2: Post something sufficient enough for Hally to determine your alignment with a decent confidence level.
1. Haven’t and can’t iso, but from the few posts I’ve seen - sure they can be town. Especially the kill your tinfoils please-post.
2. Hi, Hally, I’m town and I say that with a decent confidence level. I don’t care much about this game unfortunately. But I’m still a number and a prett interesting philosopher too.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention]

Shortest TL:DR I can manage.

Day 1 - KZA almost MIA. Voted off. Mafia.

Night 1 - Master radishes dies (alignment unknown). Nutella claims kill on MR. No other deaths in the night.

Day 2: Lots of claims, see my summary post on claims.

ColonialBob redchecked by Tutuu.

Colonial Bob shot in the day.

Nanook claims shot on Colonial bob who flipped mafia.

Alison voted off day 2 (flips town)

Night 2: current
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] you in bottom of POE along with me today, as my gut feel.

Claiming your role and night action probably helps you to live, if you are inclined to try to live.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Thanks, Proto! Not bad. No flip on Radish is annoying. Alison lynch maybe a bit doubty, but who an I to talk lol. Anyway, two mafia gone maybe three if we’re lucky? Also, I’m now confirned town, cause if I was mafia we would sweep.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:34 am @Dyslexicon you in bottom of POE along with me today, as my gut feel.

Claiming your role and night action probably helps you to live, if you are inclined to try to live.
Lol why. That’s a bad poe. I won’t claim this night. I can claim next day, but I need Tutu and Hally to answer who is in PoE, and not myself lol

Why are you in poe? Are you scum?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wwh said a sentence I didn’t like way back. Something like «I believe they are a town read» or something. Basically a cross between «I believe they are town» and «I have then as a town read», and don’t ask me why it read weird to me. Maybe someone will get it.

I have a question: what do we think about wwh and tim?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:39 am
protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:34 am @Dyslexicon you in bottom of POE along with me today, as my gut feel.

Lol why. That’s a bad poe. I won’t claim this night. I can claim next day, but I need Tutu and Hally to answer who is in PoE, and not myself lol

Why are you in poe? Are you scum?
My PR was one use, I used it already, came back with nothing useful, cant even confirm it/verify it.

Other people have verifiable claims and some have done AI things following it.

My claim is not good and I was inactive for a while.

other people are claiming they have further uses of PR. I assume some are lying, but some might not be.

I choose to die to help town.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention]
Even if you don't want to claim prob worth confirming or denying you saved tutuu last night.

Need to figure out where mafia KP went assuming Nutella is real and town and whether we have a doc cc fight.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:34 pm
iaafr wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:31 pm I'm also omgus tinfoiling nutella with the omegatinfoil of radishes being town vig
hard pass
Amy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 pm this is the last post i'm wasting for now

i intend to show up in a little bid and hard PoE this game, figure out where we're gonna start when looking for the last scum

bob flipping makes me think iaafr nanook hally are just hard clear unless we're turbobussing the shit out of this game, which makes me more confident that radishes is just scum

also someone remind me what we think happened to the scum kill last night

anyways good fucking shit gang

10/60
scum kill got eaten by lc’s bulletproof

radishes was maf. radishes did the kill. i redirected radishes to lc. lc got hit but had a vest, which he was informed got broken
So I decided before I die to do some work.

[mention]Hally[/mention] do you really think MR would carry KP for faction when they are at top of POE for mafia going into the night?

I can't believe you think that.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:38 pm there so much investigative town power i dont understand. i dont believe both alison and colin can be town.

i am unlimited shot parity/normal cop

alison claims unlimited shot cycling doctor/tracker

colin claims unlimited shot tracker

like, if ur ability is 1-shot or X-shot, and u didnt specify for wifom, could u actually please claim the full thing, cuz it might help solve? idk

i am unlimited shot, im not lying about that

also for some reason i wanna tinfoil benson as the mega mega mega deep wolf

@Benson can u claim ur role btw pls?
I am also a tracking kind of role, albeit a weird one.

Thunderdome me and Colin?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:33 pm Colin's claim is really believable. Maybe we can set him up to prove his claim on Night 2? Instead of just lynching him? Worst that can happen is Mafia kills him to not let him prove it, right?
this is another reason we aren’t killing colin today

he will track someone tonight (preferably a clear with an active action like me). he will tell us who he tracked and where they went

the person who he tracked will verify they targeted who colin says

if colin gets it wrong he’s outed

tracker claims are not fake usually for this reason

we can do the same thing with alison because she claims even night tracker. if both are telling the truth and can verify it we have two more clears. if not they’re outed. ez game

correct play is to yeet elsewhere today i think

34/60
Confirming tracker ability is NAI
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:45 pm
iaafr wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:40 pm scum could easily have a tracker or tracker/doctor tho
eh it’s possible. if all scum gets is a tracker when town has a cop, a redirector, a tracker, a day vig, a night vig, etc i question the balance but it’s possible

i’m assuming scum is quite OP though given what we have and i think tracker is a weak scum role

35/60
This all links together for Hally, Colin and LC. Just saying.
Helps clear them all as town when actually nothing is clear from a mech perspective.

It all starts with Nutella and think we should cop check Nutella or Hally today. We are winning anyway, let's lock it up by confirming radish was a hit and the theory of the redirected shot onto LC.

Looking at posts again, the fact my claim sucks doesn't matter.

I'm town. Don't vote me.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Super tinfoil.

Bob was a miller. Not sure what that translates into on forum. A villy who flips scum in death. What if mafia rolecheck miller bob, fake a red check and then day Vigi them?

I want to say it's nonsense because otherwise we have no cop type role where you kiiiiind of expect one.

This confusion and infinite world's is why I don't play closed setup. It's awesome and fun but it does my brain in.

I have no baseline of what sort of tinfoil is reasonable.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:03 am
Hally wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:56 am the point of a town day vig is to shoot outed mafia

nanook would not shoot outed mafia as a town day vig

he also wouldn’t get kza killed as mafia

nanook is just town. i am just town. nut is just town. lc is just town. please actually bring evidence or something to back up these tinfoils because they’re totally baseless if you actually read the game
If i was in your shoes I would say "Please stop wasting time and catch the wolves" "Please stop being silly and look at how X Y Z is the maf" and not "please actually bring evidence or something to back up these tinfoils because they’re totally baseless if you actually read the game" in this specific sentence

Like, I don't understand why are you defensive/argumentative instead of annoyed/dismissive, if you are town

Not to say that you are a dismissive person, but you know what I mean. Even the kindest people can be slightly dismissive when they want to, and it shows

25/30
Tutuu I feel this. Hally had basically been dismissing my thoughts as "baseless" and "silly" all game and especially since the madness started. It's not like it's so ridiculous to be apprehensive about the claims and I want to believe they'd understand that.

A lot of convenient things happened in that story.

What is a cleaned kill worth to the town? Basically nothing imo unless you're literally shooting a red check. It destroyed evidence which is supposed to be what's most important to us.

Losing the will to keep going. But to stay in line with my character (Marcus Aurelius - Roman stoicism) I'll plod onward, just less enthusiastically.

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 am
iaafr wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:31 pm I'm also omgus tinfoiling nutella with the omegatinfoil of radishes being town vig
hard pass

i intend to show up in a little bid and hard PoE this game, figure out where we're gonna start when looking for the last scum

bob flipping makes me think iaafr nanook hally are just hard clear unless we're turbobussing the shit out of this game, which makes me more confident that radishes is just scum

10/60

radishes was maf. radishes did the kill. i redirected radishes to lc. lc got hit but had a vest, which he was informed got broken

@Hally do you really think MR would carry KP for faction when they are at top of POE for mafia going into the night?

It is maybe a little bit weird, but it’s not totally unreasonable. Depends on his partner imo. Bob was POE but not guaranteed to die by any means. So if they’re counting on third partner they might think it’s worth the risk of a block, and realistically someone tracking or watching radishes wasn’t going to lose much since he was likely dead anyways?

This is especially true if mafia have/had a roleblocker or a JK which seems like a definite possibility given what we know about the setup.

But yeah, there are exactly two and a half worlds where radishes wasn’t mafia carrying KP imo, and neither is one I want to explore rn, so 🤷‍♀️
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]tutuu[/mention]

If you think I'm town, I think you need to check benson to clear up the claims. There are too many potential worlds and too many doctors imo.

If Nutella is real, where did mafia KP go in the night? Actually can mafia holster?

Benson claims they saved you. Sounds reasonable enough as consensus townread that you get shot after you ask for saves to go onto me.

But we now have it confirmed that Alison also saved Tim. Think it was Tim who got RNGed as the save. I don't see mafia putting KP on Tim really. Maybe they did.

Why do you check benson?

Its potential 2 for 1 because if Benson is mafia, Nutella is also mafia unless mafia out KP onto Tim.

But if mafia can redirect you, they will to avoid you checking Benson. My priority power is gone, I can't boost you to ensure your next check is clean from redirect or roleblock or similar. This isn't code. I am now just a vanilla town now.

MR may also have just been a night Vigi who shot LC and then Hallys claim is entirely a fabrication. Nobody is confirming Hally visited MR at all. Hally is acting like they are confirmed. I don't like it.

These tinfoils a won't stop from me btw until something gets actually confirmed (to the extent it can be in a closed game).

I guess technically WWH belongs in the POE still but they seem so genuine when I’ve talked to them that I’m reluctant to include them lulz

Like yes, technically there are worlds where one or two of Hally/LC/Nutella are mafia, but like...they’re not worlds I’m interested in right now. Right now the game is simple and we can afford for the game to be simple, so I’d prefer to check and quick hammer through our POE and reevaluate if the games still going/I’m still alive.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:52 am @tutuu

If you think I'm town, I think you need to check benson to clear up the claims. There are too many potential worlds and too many doctors imo.

If Nutella is real, where did mafia KP go in the night? Actually can mafia holster?

Benson claims they saved you. Sounds reasonable enough as consensus townread that you get shot after you ask for saves to go onto me.

But we now have it confirmed that Alison also saved Tim. Think it was Tim who got RNGed as the save. I don't see mafia putting KP on Tim really. Maybe they did.

Why do you check benson?

Its potential 2 for 1 because if Benson is mafia, Nutella is also mafia unless mafia out KP onto Tim.

But if mafia can redirect you, they will to avoid you checking Benson. My priority power is gone, I can't boost you to ensure your next check is clean from redirect or roleblock or similar. This isn't code. I am now just a vanilla town now.

MR may also have just been a night Vigi who shot LC and then Hallys claim is entirely a fabrication. Nobody is confirming Hally visited MR at all. Hally is acting like they are confirmed. I don't like it.

These tinfoils a won't stop from me btw until something gets actually confirmed (to the extent it can be in a closed game).
To clear things up, the claims in question went like this:
First nutella claims her janitor/vig shot and that it killed and cleaned MR. Then LC claimed his vest broke. Hally then steps in to say they redirected MR's action onto LC and thus redirected the MK.

On the surface it looks probably fine but Hally is not confirmed from that play. It could have been a brilliantly planned move to claim that in the moment. In the worlds where nutella is legit town, it's technically possible the MK was directed in LC in the first place (I cannot explain why yet) or the kill went onto tutuu or Tim and was saved. And then there's the world where nutella/hally are w/w and concocted a great scheme last night. Not saying these are THE worlds. But like, why should we just also assume the wolves are already buried and had night actions and claims that are ultimately inconsequential?

Another q: on this site, is one wolf usually designated to carry the kill? Or is it often a factional thing?
Lets say MR has a night action like a roleblock or something. Can he submit that action and carry the kill or would that never happen here? I'm not sure how you guys do things.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 564
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Amy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:02 am i don't think i want to dunk proto

20/30
me neither
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Proto does seem genuine. yeah.

[mention]protocultures[/mention] sorry, what exactly is a parity check? You see what their action was and who they used it on?
Not to be critical, but I think as a 1-shot you would've wanted to wait until a time like now to use that action to verify someone, no?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Benson wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:15 am

Why do you check benson?

First nutella claims her janitor/vig shot and that it killed and cleaned MR. Then LC claimed his vest broke. Hally then steps in to say they redirected MR's action onto LC and thus redirected the MK.

On the surface it looks probably fine but Hally is not confirmed from that play. It could have been a brilliantly planned move to claim that in the moment. In the worlds where nutella is legit town, it's technically possible the MK was directed in LC in the first place (I cannot explain why yet) or the kill went onto tutuu or Tim and was saved. And then there's the world where nutella/hally are w/w and concocted a great scheme last night. Not saying these are THE worlds. But like, why should we just also assume the wolves are already buried and had night actions and claims that are ultimately inconsequential?

Another q: on this site, is one wolf usually designated to carry the kill? Or is it often a factional thing?
Lets say MR has a night action like a roleblock or something. Can he submit that action and carry the kill or would that never happen here? I'm not sure how you guys do things.
I totally forgot about LC ping.

Dont check Benson, check Nutella. This is still 2 for 1 since it sorts Hally as well.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Benson wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am Proto does seem genuine. yeah.

@protocultures sorry, what exactly is a parity check? You see what their action was and who they used it on?
Not to be critical, but I think as a 1-shot you would've wanted to wait until a time like now to use that action to verify someone, no?
Not going to say I played well, probably didnt. Almost certaintly didnt. First time playing closed setup. I was afraid I would screw it up - looks like I did already.

i was also actually concerned about being too townread.

I expected almost everyone to use a targetting action since its role madness and dying without using your power sucks.

Seems like basically everyone did except for LC.

I wanted to get my check out before I die since its so useful.

I can find out if LC was carrying KP and whether they lie about this
I can see if LC lies about his role (non killing aspect)
I can see if LC lies about his target (since he cant be redirected or anything)
I can see if LC and his target are different or same alignment
I can backtest vs his reads from Day 1 to see if it makes sense to target person x with his role power
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 am

Why do you check benson?

Dont check Benson, check Nutella. This is still 2 for 1 since it sorts Hally as well.
One wolf carries KP on behalf of faction.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 564
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:18 am How many mafia have died? How many town? How many left? Who are the bottom PoE players and what can I do to help? @tutuu @protocultures and maybe even @Hally

Please @ me. Still can’t read much, but I may still be able to help. We’ll see.
kza - yeeted D1 - mafia
radishes - shot at night (claimed by nut) - alignment technically unknown but confirmed mafia to me via my night action + lc and nut’s claims
colonial bob - day vig’d (claimed by nanook) - mafia - red checked by tutuu
alison - yeeted - town

bottom of the poe is wwh, you (even though i think you are town), colin and proto
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:44 am Wwh said a sentence I didn’t like way back. Something like «I believe they are a town read» or something. Basically a cross between «I believe they are town» and «I have then as a town read», and don’t ask me why it read weird to me. Maybe someone will get it.

I have a question: what do we think about wwh and tim?
i do get it

wwh is poe, claimed vote stealer. tim was sorta poe but claimed a role that seems towny
protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 am
hard pass

10/60

@Hally do you really think MR would carry KP for faction when they are at top of POE for mafia going into the night?

yea i do think that. a lot of times the most outed maf will carry the kill because if they’re tracked or watched it’s less of a loss to the team than if a deeper maf is tracked. so radishes carrying the kill makes sense to me and that is in fact what happened

i also was not trying to go for who was carrying the kill necessarily. i was trying to go for mafia abd radishes was basically a lock for me. but i did think that, yes in the event he was mafia he likely would do the kill
protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:32 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:45 pm
iaafr wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:40 pm scum could easily have a tracker or tracker/doctor tho
eh it’s possible. if all scum gets is a tracker when town has a cop, a redirector, a tracker, a day vig, a night vig, etc i question the balance but it’s possible

i’m assuming scum is quite OP though given what we have and i think tracker is a weak scum role

35/60
This all links together for Hally, Colin and LC. Just saying.
Helps clear them all as town when actually nothing is clear from a mech perspective.

It all starts with Nutella and think we should cop check Nutella or Hally today. We are winning anyway, let's lock it up by confirming radish was a hit and the theory of the redirected shot onto LC.

Looking at posts again, the fact my claim sucks doesn't matter.

I'm town. Don't vote me.
having tutuu use a check on me to confirm what should already be obvious is extremely suboptimal when she can actually like.... check someone who actually can be a wolf lol

Why do you check benson?

the mafia kp went into lc’s vest. you’re welcome :p

also i am confirmed lol and so is nut, lc and nanook. we are as confirmed as you will ever get

forum mafia isn’t like video mafia. people don’t just fake claim all the time. idk what to tell you

you could also just like... read the game and come to the conclusion that i’m town because i pushed for bob a ton D1 and that radishes was probably just scum for having extremely incriminating interactions with kza and generally being wolfy. but i don’t have my hopes up that anyone will do that
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 am

Why do you check benson?

Checking Hally confirms LC, so is 2 for 1.

Checking Nutella doesnt actually sort Hally at all. I am dumb.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:38 am
Benson wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am Proto does seem genuine. yeah.

@protocultures sorry, what exactly is a parity check? You see what their action was and who they used it on?
Not going to say I played well, probably didnt. Almost certaintly didnt. First time playing closed setup. I was afraid I would screw it up - looks like I did already.

i was also actually concerned about being too townread.

I expected almost everyone to use a targetting action since its role madness and dying without using your power sucks.

Seems like basically everyone did except for LC.

I wanted to get my check out before I die since its so useful.

I can find out if LC was carrying KP and whether they lie about this
I can see if LC lies about his role (non killing aspect)
I can see if LC lies about his target (since he cant be redirected or anything)
I can see if LC and his target are different or same alignment
I can backtest vs his reads from Day 1 to see if it makes sense to target person x with his role power
Don't sweat it too much. I'm not saying it was a horrible play to use it right away. That has its benefits.

I believe what you say about your role. And it's certainly not a wolf role. We almost could've used that like a peek of I understand correctly.

Does this hypo make sense: MR is a wolf roleblocker (or any action). Last night he used his block and carried the kill. Because my assumption is that all wolves have something individual to use outside the MK.
Like I want to know of that sounds standard to you all. I'm out of touch with how other sites so their role heavy games.

Return to “Previous Rackets”