Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 360
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Philosophers' Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by nutella »

oh wait it's literally in tutuu's post im dumb
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 455

Post by tutuu »

well

the nationality for iaafr cant overlap anyway. if he's town its genevian, if he's scum its greek, both are different

if he's town its enlightenment, no overlap. if he's scum, maybe it would overlap? are all greek philosopher classicists? idk tbh

if all greek philosophers are classicists, then basically amy has a green peek on iaafr?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

that's not like...... particularly useful info amy why did you think it would clear you or anything? like. what am I missing
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

like obviously a wolf *probably* wouldn't have that ability but it could easily be made up? idk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:29 pm well

the nationality for iaafr cant overlap anyway. if he's town its genevian, if he's scum its greek, both are different

if he's town its enlightenment, no overlap. if he's scum, maybe it would overlap? are all greek philosopher classicists? idk tbh

if all greek philosophers are classicists, then basically amy has a green peek on iaafr?
hmmm perhaps

but if neither amy nor iaafr is a wolf we must be in a hard world and i dont like that aaaaaa
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

(kinda think benson is the next place to go in that case?)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Amy, do you get two different yes/no results for both nationality and school, or just one?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

we should probably coordinate night actions so we don't overlap investigatives and other powers

i think its fine if we're all transparent about our night actions?

i think that hiding stuff has more cons than pros at this point
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:19 pm @Benson in case Amy flips town, there is a very high chance you get resolved next, either by scum night kill, peek or yeet. Since your role won't flip on your death, I think the cons of WIFOMing outweigh the pros at this point, so can you please claim, and claim the truth (without WIFOM):
1) what you did on n1
2) what you did on n2
3) what will you do on n3 (and don't change your decision)

So that it can help us solve

If you're already truthfully claimed without WIFOM apologies, I didn't see it
What? How am I next in line for a misyeet? As much as I want out of this game, that would be terrible.

N1: Tutuu save
N2: Tutuu save
N3: ??????????

I am 2-shot doc fwiw.

I did claim Marcus Aurelius, yes.
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

Thanks for compiling that Tutu.

I claimed Jean Sartre at some point.

I'm also down with coordinating actions but I'm not really sure how much mine helps
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Amy »

Benson wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:48 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:19 pm @Benson in case Amy flips town, there is a very high chance you get resolved next, either by scum night kill, peek or yeet. Since your role won't flip on your death, I think the cons of WIFOMing outweigh the pros at this point, so can you please claim, and claim the truth (without WIFOM):
1) what you did on n1
2) what you did on n2
3) what will you do on n3 (and don't change your decision)

So that it can help us solve

If you're already truthfully claimed without WIFOM apologies, I didn't see it
What? How am I next in line for a misyeet? As much as I want out of this game, that would be terrible.

N1: Tutuu save
N2: Tutuu save
N3: ??????????

I am 2-shot doc fwiw.

I did claim Marcus Aurelius, yes.
am i stupid

how do you have saves remaining if you're a 2-shot doc who's acted twice

[mention]nutella[/mention] it's not like. mechanically clearing by any stretch of the imagination but i think it sheds a lot of light on my perspective and how i've approached this game. draw your own conclusions, i guess

19/60
hope you're having a good day
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm not Italian.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If there is some sort of soup kill, I want to be left standing. That's the only reason I haven't claimed - fear of that knowledge just handing the scum the game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Benson wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:48 pmAs much as I want out of this game, that would be terrible.
What kind of game do you prefer? I have found this one interesting.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 346
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

If amy and tutuu are both real, AND dizzy was real, I have to assume that scum has/had a godfather type role

Occam’s razor is that Amy isn’t real? But idk I haven’t really had time to think about if that’s stupid or not.

Similar to LC I’m reluctant to have everyone full claimed in case of a flavor vig or similar. Proooooobably fine if everyone but tutu and one other is claimed I guess?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Amy »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:33 pm Amy, do you get two different yes/no results for both nationality and school, or just one?
one; if i get a "you share one with your target" result, i'm not told which it is

20/60
hope you're having a good day
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by protocultures »

Is it normal for town to have 2 Vigi type roles in a closed game of this size?

Not a leading question btw.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Hally[/mention] do you get confirmation your redirect worked even if there was nothing to redirect?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

Last post for the round. I honestly thought this was going to be quicker so I wasted a lot. It's fine though.
Amy wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:11 pm i'm fine with you not claiming. i was hoping LC would flavorclaim but i suppose i'm ok with him not having done so since worlds where he's scum are convoluted to begin with

so here's the deal

i concealed a portion of my role. when i target someone at night, in addition to my adding/subtracting posts cycle, i'm also informed as to whether or not they share their country or school with mine

as you can imagine, my first thought with this was "if anyone claims italian or classical and i get a 'no' result, i know they're lying", hence why i've pushed so hard for people to be full flavor claiming

unfortunately, literally only nanook has claimed to actually overlap me, and he's basically confirmed town anyways

so now i'm wondering if some of the scumteam has their school listed as "Classical"? it would make... some degree of sense, and it would make that part of my role something beyond "literally useless"

anyways yeah this is why i've been jonesing for people's claims

neither iaafr nor dizzy overlap(ped) me

18/60
Very convoluted and strange role to have, especially when it has two very different aspects to it. Hmmm
Your school is really just classical?

No, I don't think it would necessarily match your school to that of the wolves I'm pretty sure they have specific schools as well (I just can't remember them). My suspicion is that you brought this up simply to make your role vaguely useful so that you could deter us from chopping you.

Like it's certainly possible given everything and how you've approached it, but we can't just give in to every believable claim.

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:29 pm well

I don't think so. Amy's flavour claim and the ancient Greeks are very different philosophies from a thousand years apart. There's no way this would be balanced if she could wield it like an investigation as town.

Long Con wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:57 pm If there is some sort of soup kill, I want to be left standing. That's the only reason I haven't claimed - fear of that knowledge just handing the scum the game.
Long Con wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:58 pm
Benson wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:48 pmAs much as I want out of this game, that would be terrible.
What kind of game do you prefer? I have found this one interesting.
I'm being dramatic. I don't particularity enjoy games that are basically 100% claim- and flavourclaim-based past D1, which is what this has turned into. I know I signed up for this.
Ignore me.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:10 pm If amy and tutuu are both real, AND dizzy was real, I have to assume that scum has/had a godfather type role

Occam’s razor is that Amy isn’t real? But idk I haven’t really had time to think about if that’s stupid or not.

Similar to LC I’m reluctant to have everyone full claimed in case of a flavor vig or similar. Proooooobably fine if everyone but tutu and one other is claimed I guess?
Yeah

Given the benefits of flavour claiming, I don't think it's a stretch that the wolves had something to gain when we released that info. Not sure what.

My super far out tin foil was that WWH was the Godfather because she was vehemently asking to be solved or peeked. But I don't really believe that and I wouldn't care anyways because that's also a stupid mechanic.

protocultures wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:56 pm Is it normal for town to have 2 Vigi type roles in a closed game of this size?

Not a leading question btw.
Considering they were one-shots, it's not that far out.

---------------

I guess goodbye until hammer or the actual EoD (I would lol).

Gun to my head between Amy and Colin, I go Amy but it's still close. Colin hasn't been inspiring. Amy's role can be fabricated.

I'm already concerned that nutella is angling for my misyeet now. It's really like she's put the PoE on autopilot now that she "clear". That could be a real towny thing though.
And where did Hally go?

--------

Decided to do an short Amy ISO because I want to get in everything:

The thing with wolf!Amy in the easy world is that she bussed both teammates, and apparently she doesn't do that. Now, we should note the caveat that Kaz was not even playing and was never getting saved, and that by the time N1 rolled around, MR was basically already chopped. So it's not a reach to have bussing here. MR wasn't mentioned much until after the chop, I believe - at that point Amy shared the opinion that MR was probably bad; but it would've been hard to go in any other direction.

Amy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:52 pm kza's blatantly refusing to come anywhere near playing the game

i'm never not killing that and i'm not feeling bad about it if it somehow flips v

[but i don't think it does]
Here's an interesting thing with Kaz. At the time this felt to me like Amy was furious at Kaz in the wolfchat and it was leaking into the thread. But it's also believable from a town mindset.

After all this stuff it really gets null or I'm too lazy to dig deeper.

I mean, truly, she has been towny this game, but it's just a PoE game unfortunately. If this hits town we have to be better tomorrow in terms of digging and exploring our blindspots.

glgl

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i was writing out a long plan but realized there are too many permutations and assumptions

would be less effort and more managable if we yeet someone first, see the flip, and then form the night plan

but 100% we should coordinate night actions
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Kill iaafr today.
Tutuu check LC
Hally redirect tutuu to Nutella
Colin track Hally
Amy check benson

Thoughts?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Actually I just realized Amy is capable of getting us a green peek on Nanook

Both Amy and Nanook claim Italian. So Amy checks Nanook. If there is an overlap, Nanook is confirmed town IF Amy is town and IF there are no Greek Classicists.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Classical and Classicism are fucking me up. These mean 2 different stuff right?

Classical is Ancient Greece, Classicism is Renaissance, right?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Benson wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm My super far out tin foil was that WWH was the Godfather because she was vehemently asking to be solved or peeked. But I don't really believe that and I wouldn't care anyways because that's also a stupid mechanic.
I don't think this is that far out fwiw. I think it's reasonably likely here.

Aside from that I'm kind of leaning toward going for you over amy atp :shrug:

......actually we should probably just yeet iaafr lmao idk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 346
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

With all due respect Proto you’re not dictating actions today/night cause I’m not super comfortable with your grasp of the mechanics here tbh

I’ll sit down after the kid has gone to bed tonight and try to wrap my head around this stuff.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dizzy full role peeked WWH as town, lol

Currently brainstorming a plan
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 pm Dizzy full role peeked WWH as town, lol

Currently brainstorming a plan
I mean I don't see why the role can't be a mafia role and the alignment could be godfathered
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Idk I guess we still figure out iaafr/amy/benson/colin first and if that doesnt do it only then do we reevaluate wwh. I just have a tickley feeling
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Like a godfather would make sense here, I think. But yeah that is the kind of thing we shouldn't really have to confront unless we really have to :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

nutella wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:54 pm
Benson wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm My super far out tin foil was that WWH was the Godfather because she was vehemently asking to be solved or peeked. But I don't really believe that and I wouldn't care anyways because that's also a stupid mechanic.
I don't think this is that far out fwiw. I think it's reasonably likely here.

Aside from that I'm kind of leaning toward going for you over amy atp :shrug:

......actually we should probably just yeet iaafr lmao idk

Honest question.

Where could I look at roles such as godfather to understand what they do?

Since, I was in the Poe and this sites meta seemed to be that being misyeeted helps the village to come to a win. The understanding of this led me to think that I should be willing
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

Then We're did the double vote come from then in that situation? I don't think The Godfather role has anything to do with vote strength but I may be wrong
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

I don't want to be cleared for just being confused about understanding role names abd actions they are combined with. From your perspective I could be faking it. I genuinely want to understand these tinfoil theories.

I would rather be cleared on things such as engagement, how I use my posts and actions, and on checks. From my other sites, seer (the name for cop) is literally the basis for everything. There are occasionally roles that get checked backwards but they are treated as if the checks are true
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

So I looked on it on MU so my assumption is these types of roles so the tinfoil makes slightly more sense to be entertained by others.

If it's something different, then I'm not sure how the tinfoil theory would fit.

The question I'm wondering from if we are in the tinfoil situation, where does the two vote strength come from?

---
In regards to this game I def think we should coordinate night actions. I'm hoping to use mine on someone who is evil and may be the next days yeet
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

WerewolfHunter wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:14 pm The question I'm wondering from if we are in the tinfoil situation, where does the two vote strength come from?
I mean. You can have two components to your role? Multiple people have claimed as such?

Also this just reads like a perspective slip lol.

Is anyone else feeling this? I know it's really best to go with the mech poe for now but like... she asked to be checked multiple times and I'm so put off by her wording in this and some other posts. I just have a nagging feeling about this
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

The wording I think is my natural style as I never look back on it.

Now that I've been checked, I think I may be nked down the line here. So there is always a negative as well but it's a trade off
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

I'm currently looking through my other games for when I said I was willing to be checked.

For reference, on my other sites I had this meta for a while as villager that if I was potentially being yeeted I would wind up self voting.

Funny thing one time in a speed I self voted planning to move off but forgot hammer equivalent was on so that got me yeeted
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

Here's one if my villager games and I feel some of my posts were worded weirdly. https://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2467 ... wolfHunter

Here's an evil one

https://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2434 ... wolfHunter

I'm going to look for this specific post that has a bunch of references.

Please do not feel obligated to look I just feel it may help with understanding my play style
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/ne ... &p=4061575

HOpefylly if you chose to look this works but this is more comprehensive of my plsy style
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

I need to actually figure out where I stand
LC- mechanically is cleared but depends on if mafia was redirected to another member.
Nutella- I originally thought town and was my strongest read for a while. However, I currently get the impression they are solely focused on me like not really wanting to look elsewhere. I will probably need to re-evaluate but still Lean town

Tutu- clear because of her role mainly. I don't really know how to read else wise.

Nanook- gut feeling
Hally- I remember that their seat was up against an evil and I like their approach to the thread

Proto- gut feeling
Colin- could be a mafia tracker here
Iaafr- originally I thought town but decided I needed to re-evaluate
Amy- her role was provable but theoretically it could be an evol role trying to gain town cred or giving more posts to co evils

Benson- ironically my first major vote on day 1. Mainly gut feeling here as well
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

nutella wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:21 pm
WerewolfHunter wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:14 pm The question I'm wondering from if we are in the tinfoil situation, where does the two vote strength come from?
I mean. You can have two components to your role? Multiple people have claimed as such?

Also this just reads like a perspective slip lol.

Is anyone else feeling this? I know it's really best to go with the mech poe for now but like... she asked to be checked multiple times and I'm so put off by her wording in this and some other posts. I just have a nagging feeling about this
Yes you can have two components role but The Godfather role according to mu wiki only has one. Also wouldn't their main job be to survive?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I think Amy should be given 1 more night to live as she can potentially give a green peek on Nanook, assuming that Nanook isn't exactly a Greek modern Classicist. The 2 flipped Mafia are like ancient greek philosophers so I'm willing to make this assumption. (Amy claims Italian Classicist, Nanook claims Italian / something (doesn't matter). If both are town, Amy gets an overlap cuz of the italian nationality overlap. If she doesn't get an overlap, we know Nanook is Greek / Something something (unless specifically Greek Classicist)

I think mechanically the best yeet for today is Benson. Even if he's town he is VT at this point. Also if he flips town there will be less permutations to think of in terms of thinking of what happened during n1 and n2 (but mostly n1), as we know for sure that he protected me.

Here is my proposed plan:

-Yeet Benson

-Amy peeks Nanook

-I peek Hally. I am most likely dying tonight so this doesn't even matter. In the event I don't die, peeking Hally might give a pseudo double peek on LC aswell. (right?)

-Hally forces iaafr to visit WWH. This is to check if iaafr can kill. Also WWH is double confirmed town, so Hally's ability can't fail. (Because it fails if Hally targets both Maf, right?)

-Colin tracks Proto. Make sure he doesn't go anywhere.

-WWH and iaafr can do whatever. Their roles are useless right?

Worst Case Scenario for all of these:

-Benson is town.
-Nanook is town IF Amy is town and IF he isn't exactly Greek/Classicism Mafia. (better scenario would be if Nanook was Mafia, obviously)
-I die, so we don't get the peek on Hally.
-WWH lives, meaning iaafr isn't the last Mafia (he could be Mafia if there are more than 2 mafia).
-Colin tracks Proto to nowhere, meaning Proto isn't the last Mafia (he could be Mafia if there are more than 2 mafia).

If all of these happen, yeet Amy D4.

So the results:

If there is only 1 Mafia remaining as of right now, they will get caught by this plan (or pretty much any plan) and town auto wins:

-Mafia!Benson will die right now.
-Mafia!Amy dies tommorrow.
-Colin can't be the last Mafia, because if he was, he would have killed WWH on N2.
-Mafia!iaafr gets caught by Hally as he is forced to kill WWH
-Mafia!Nanook gets caught by Town!Amy (barring an exception. would appreciate help if anyone can tell me if a Greek Classicism philosopher exists)
-Mafia!Nutella can't be the last Mafia if only 1 maf remaining, because she couldn't have shot her own teammate, Maf!MR. Like literally I'm assuming it's impossible.
-Mafia!Proto gets caught by Colin.
-Mafia!LC can't be the last Mafia if only 1 maf remaining, because then Hally's action of redirecting Mafia!MR's shot on Mafia!LC would have failed. It's how Hally's role works.
-WWH is always conf town.
-The only one not getting immediately outed if the last living Mafia is Hally. But more to that later:

-------------

I'm not worried at all for us losing if there is 1 Mafia remaining. We auto win, imo. So we should organize night actions based off of the assumption that there are 2 Mafia remaining.

There can be 2 Mafia remaining if MR was town, OR if there were 5 Mafia at the start and MR was Maf. Both of these split the "tree" in half, so twice the more permutations. (There can even be 3 living Mafia as of right now if MR was town and there were 5 Maf at the start, but god bless let's not think of that)

IF there are 2 Mafia remaining (at this very moment):

-Mafia!Colin and Mafia!Hally might be w/w, and we have no failsafe measures for now to disprove of this connection, I think. But maybe what happened N1 might disprove it? IDK. Will need brainstorming.
-Mafia!Iaafr will escape, since he won't get caught killing WWH, as the other Mafia member would carry the kill.
-Mafia!Proto will escape, as he won't get tracked to the night kill, as the other Mafia member would carry the kill.
-The combination of these 2 above mean Iaafr and Proto can't be w/w tho, as at least one must carry the kill.
-Mafia!Nutella + someone else is a combination I'm worred about
-Mafia!Hally + someone else is also a combination I'm worried about.
-Mafia!Nanook + someone else is NOT a combination I'm worred about, cuz of the Amy peek. Disregard if Amy flips Mafia and game is still going.

--------------

So, like, that's why I suggest we don't put any actions on Hally and Nutella tonight. Because we won't catch them if they're in a team of 2 Mafia. Like, the world where they are mafia, are worlds with 2+ Mafia, and in those worlds our plans can't catch them regardless imo. So leave them for later

There might be more wrenches, more caveats, more stuff that I'm not thinking of, and obviously this plan might be improved. So that's why I'm pinging all of you, let's please brainstorm together

I think it's interesting to note that Hally + Colin can be used to catch a team of 2 Mafia. Like, on whichever pair of 2 ppl we use Hally + Colin's actions on, they can't be w/w or they will get outed, so it's useful to keep in mind for future nights, as well as for this night, if anyone has a better suggestion to use this combo on. (assuming they're both town ofc)

[mention]Amy[/mention] [mention]Benson[/mention] [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] [mention]iaafr[/mention] [mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] [mention]nutella[/mention] [mention]protocultures[/mention] [mention]Hally[/mention] [mention]WerewolfHunter[/mention]

Regardless of whether or not u agree with this version of the plan, I think we can all agree that we will auto win if there is 1 living mafia remaining, regardless of who it is, so we should setup the plan in such a way that, if possible, we mechanically auto win against ANY combination of 2 currently living Mafia players. Even if it means delaying the win against 1 living Mafia. Thoughts/complains/suggestions?

Edit: Nutella, I have a peek on WWH that she's french. I also have mech info that all Mafia are Greek. The game is bastard if she is French Mafia. She is the most confirmed town.
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

I like the overalls plan. I'm fine if I wind up being NKed for it lol.

However the one concern is Amy's checks being fake or potentially reversing them.

I've also currently been horrible with my power
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

[VOTE: benson]] aubergine33

Please just be aware with my two votes
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

WerewolfHunter wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:58 pm 32

I like the overalls plan. I'm fine if I wind up being NKed for it lol.

However the one concern is Amy's checks being fake or potentially reversing them.

I've also currently been horrible with my power
Amy getting yeeted D4 is part of my suggested plan regardless of what happens (if we haven't won already)

Like, the thing I'm trying to do here is to come up with a plan that gives us mechanical auto win against any combination of 2 Living Mafia players. Not sure if it's possible and it's kinda hard to think about, maybe even impossible to explore all the permutations cuz like (excluding me and u) there are 9 living players, so the possible teams of 2 players is 9*8 = 72, and I don't really feel like devising 72 plans, but, yeah

IDK, I'm just doing what makes sense to me.

Any input appreciated @ all
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm down with the plan, but I should mention that I only skimmed it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:18 pm I'm down with the plan, but I should mention that I only skimmed it.
this p much

I don't 100% follow every single detail but I get the gist and I'm good with yeeting benson today

[VOTE: benson] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 61

Post by ColinIsCool »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:53 pm I think Amy should be given 1 more night to live as she can potentially give a green peek on Nanook, assuming that Nanook isn't exactly a Greek modern Classicist. The 2 flipped Mafia are like ancient greek philosophers so I'm willing to make this assumption. (Amy claims Italian Classicist, Nanook claims Italian / something (doesn't matter). If both are town, Amy gets an overlap cuz of the italian nationality overlap. If she doesn't get an overlap, we know Nanook is Greek / Something something (unless specifically Greek Classicist)

I think mechanically the best yeet for today is Benson. Even if he's town he is VT at this point. Also if he flips town there will be less permutations to think of in terms of thinking of what happened during n1 and n2 (but mostly n1), as we know for sure that he protected me.

Here is my proposed plan:

-Yeet Benson

-Amy peeks Nanook

-I peek Hally. I am most likely dying tonight so this doesn't even matter. In the event I don't die, peeking Hally might give a pseudo double peek on LC aswell. (right?)

-Hally forces iaafr to visit WWH. This is to check if iaafr can kill. Also WWH is double confirmed town, so Hally's ability can't fail. (Because it fails if Hally targets both Maf, right?)

-Colin tracks Proto. Make sure he doesn't go anywhere.

-WWH and iaafr can do whatever. Their roles are useless right?

Worst Case Scenario for all of these:

-Benson is town.
-Nanook is town IF Amy is town and IF he isn't exactly Greek/Classicism Mafia. (better scenario would be if Nanook was Mafia, obviously)
-I die, so we don't get the peek on Hally.
-WWH lives, meaning iaafr isn't the last Mafia (he could be Mafia if there are more than 2 mafia).
-Colin tracks Proto to nowhere, meaning Proto isn't the last Mafia (he could be Mafia if there are more than 2 mafia).

If all of these happen, yeet Amy D4.

So the results:

If there is only 1 Mafia remaining as of right now, they will get caught by this plan (or pretty much any plan) and town auto wins:

-Mafia!Benson will die right now.
-Mafia!Amy dies tommorrow.
-Colin can't be the last Mafia, because if he was, he would have killed WWH on N2.
-Mafia!iaafr gets caught by Hally as he is forced to kill WWH
-Mafia!Nanook gets caught by Town!Amy (barring an exception. would appreciate help if anyone can tell me if a Greek Classicism philosopher exists)
-Mafia!Nutella can't be the last Mafia if only 1 maf remaining, because she couldn't have shot her own teammate, Maf!MR. Like literally I'm assuming it's impossible.
-Mafia!Proto gets caught by Colin.
-Mafia!LC can't be the last Mafia if only 1 maf remaining, because then Hally's action of redirecting Mafia!MR's shot on Mafia!LC would have failed. It's how Hally's role works.
-WWH is always conf town.
-The only one not getting immediately outed if the last living Mafia is Hally. But more to that later:

-------------

I'm not worried at all for us losing if there is 1 Mafia remaining. We auto win, imo. So we should organize night actions based off of the assumption that there are 2 Mafia remaining.

There can be 2 Mafia remaining if MR was town, OR if there were 5 Mafia at the start and MR was Maf. Both of these split the "tree" in half, so twice the more permutations. (There can even be 3 living Mafia as of right now if MR was town and there were 5 Maf at the start, but god bless let's not think of that)

IF there are 2 Mafia remaining (at this very moment):

-Mafia!Colin and Mafia!Hally might be w/w, and we have no failsafe measures for now to disprove of this connection, I think. But maybe what happened N1 might disprove it? IDK. Will need brainstorming.
-Mafia!Iaafr will escape, since he won't get caught killing WWH, as the other Mafia member would carry the kill.
-Mafia!Proto will escape, as he won't get tracked to the night kill, as the other Mafia member would carry the kill.
-The combination of these 2 above mean Iaafr and Proto can't be w/w tho, as at least one must carry the kill.
-Mafia!Nutella + someone else is a combination I'm worred about
-Mafia!Hally + someone else is also a combination I'm worried about.
-Mafia!Nanook + someone else is NOT a combination I'm worred about, cuz of the Amy peek. Disregard if Amy flips Mafia and game is still going.

--------------

So, like, that's why I suggest we don't put any actions on Hally and Nutella tonight. Because we won't catch them if they're in a team of 2 Mafia. Like, the world where they are mafia, are worlds with 2+ Mafia, and in those worlds our plans can't catch them regardless imo. So leave them for later

There might be more wrenches, more caveats, more stuff that I'm not thinking of, and obviously this plan might be improved. So that's why I'm pinging all of you, let's please brainstorm together

I think it's interesting to note that Hally + Colin can be used to catch a team of 2 Mafia. Like, on whichever pair of 2 ppl we use Hally + Colin's actions on, they can't be w/w or they will get outed, so it's useful to keep in mind for future nights, as well as for this night, if anyone has a better suggestion to use this combo on. (assuming they're both town ofc)

@Amy @Benson @ColinIsCool @iaafr @Long Con @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @nutella @protocultures @Hally @WerewolfHunter

Regardless of whether or not u agree with this version of the plan, I think we can all agree that we will auto win if there is 1 living mafia remaining, regardless of who it is, so we should setup the plan in such a way that, if possible, we mechanically auto win against ANY combination of 2 currently living Mafia players. Even if it means delaying the win against 1 living Mafia. Thoughts/complains/suggestions?

Edit: Nutella, I have a peek on WWH that she's french. I also have mech info that all Mafia are Greek. The game is bastard if she is French Mafia. She is the most confirmed town.
Listen, the Gettysburg Address was 272 words long. This is much less important than the Gettysburg Address was. I do not have the energy to read this. Please just tell me what you want me to do, without starting at Cain vs. Abel.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I read the thing anyway, fuck me! Sure.

[VOTE: Benson] aubergine
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

The two people who have tonally been bothering me the most have been Benson and Werewolf for what it’s worth. Both seem eager to keep a bigger POE/yeet my ass/seem a little overly defensive
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official

Post by WerewolfHunter »

We need to be really careful as one more vote is a hammer. I don't think it will change but it depends on if we want discussion beforehand

Return to “Previous Rackets”