U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:54 pm people who have a good grasp of the game @ me with potential shots ty
I'm inclined to shoot Ted, but that's maybe just personality...if you come up with some kind of consensus to follow I'd rather do that.

[mention]Maple[/mention]
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 135
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm I'm a Dead/Spec chat.

This means I get to interact with people who are not in the game. Once per day the host randomizes one such person to be with me in a chat. Today it's @Carotenoid

I have confirmed with the host that yes, she can tell me about stuff that is happening in the spec chat right now, and yes, I can relay that info to you guys.

That said, I will never get to talk with anyone from the spec chat who has access to spoilers, just people who are blind like us players.

But this does means this is an unique opportunity for people who are not playing the game to... play the game.

So, to any of you folks from the spec chat who are reading this post: you may ask Carot to post a message from yours here through me. Comments? Reads? Messages of encouragement? Anything goes. Let carot know, or whoever gets in a chat with me after Day 1.

I have played a game where spectators were in the game thread/channel with players. it was a b@s@rd type game. I was town. town won. still I hot nothing but bad memories of that game. my right eye is twitching so much right now. that game was so mentally and emotionally draining.

is this a joke? please be jking.

have her/him give me some reassurance or something. if this is true.
It's true.

I can't prove it tho. I mean the spec chat people will know I'm telling the truth if they ask carot. People here will have to believe what I say though.

All in all this is a way for non-players to add comment to the discussion, but otherwise this role has no mechanical effect in the game, nor it adds mechanically based info like cops.
If it's spec chat and dead chat it means you can do stuff like have town investigatives say their last night's results
that's p dece
Apogee
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Apogee »

[VOTE: AWESOME-O] aubergine

1 down 10 to go lads

(We can 3p hunt later probably. Unless someone claims neutral killing. While town double strongman vig. lolmac)
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:00 pm

This means I get to interact with people who are not in the game. Once per day the host randomizes one such person to be with me in a chat. Today it's @Carotenoid

I have confirmed with the host that yes, she can tell me about stuff that is happening in the spec chat right now, and yes, I can relay that info to you guys.

That said, I will never get to talk with anyone from the spec chat who has access to spoilers, just people who are blind like us players.

But this does means this is an unique opportunity for people who are not playing the game to... play the game.

So, to any of you folks from the spec chat who are reading this post: you may ask Carot to post a message from yours here through me. Comments? Reads? Messages of encouragement? Anything goes. Let carot know, or whoever gets in a chat with me after Day 1.

I have played a game where spectators were in the game thread/channel with players. it was a b@s@rd type game. I was town. town won. still I hot nothing but bad memories of that game. my right eye is twitching so much right now. that game was so mentally and emotionally draining.

It's like a modified medium including spec chat

It's not ~that bastard and is a lot better than just having spec/whatever in the main thread lmao
okay a medium but not a medium

whether it's true or not I'm curious what carot has to say.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I try to do good in this world, but every single one of my plans falls apart. Maybe having henchmen makes me evil. Maybe I’m just here to serve the function of being beaten. Is that my purpose? Does any of this matter? I’ve lost track of who I am underneath all these schemes and devices. I... I need a new plan.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AWESOM-O
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by AWESOM-O »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:02 pm [VOTE: AWESOME-O] aubergine

1 down 10 to go lads

(We can 3p hunt later probably. Unless someone claims neutral killing. While town double strongman vig. lolmac)
woah what the fuck is this
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:02 pm

It's not ~that bastard and is a lot better than just having spec/whatever in the main thread lmao

Yeah I can't say it's necessarily a town role
But it's a hard hard role to fake altogether
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:02 pm If it's spec chat and dead chat it means you can do stuff like have town investigatives say their last night's results
that's p dece
It's definitely a Dead/Spec Chat.

So yeah I think that's possible.
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:01 pm
AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:58 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm
Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 pm I think Tim has been not-very-towny and isn't particularly pro-town in there general approach here.

However, deep in my heart of hearts, I believe there is a kernel of villager in there, trying to fight it's way free.
I get that a lot. I'm sort of a natural wolf. Once I get rolling that makes me a really good townie to have around, because I know how wolves think, but day ones are hard. Bear with me.
i guess tim can be town for this lmao?
Hmmst

Wolfy lmao
And wolfy reachy townread

Add him to the list of thoughtcriminals
Apogee nooooo! Tim will protect me! A knight in shining armor can't be a criminal.
I beg of you to reconsider. From previous experience this is in Tim's townplay.
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 135
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Yeah I can't say it's necessarily a town role
But it's a hard hard role to fake altogether
hype!!! intesifies
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm

1 down 10 to go lads

A wagon on someone I actually think is wolfing
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 pm

It's true.

I can't prove it tho. I mean the spec chat people will know I'm telling the truth if they ask carot. People here will have to believe what I say though.

All in all this is a way for non-players to add comment to the discussion, but otherwise this role has no mechanical effect in the game, nor it adds mechanically based info like cops.
Uh oh...Carotte is Dragon just making excuses here?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

ThisIsNotAceMarvel wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:04 pm
Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:01 pm
AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:58 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm
Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 pm I think Tim has been not-very-towny and isn't particularly pro-town in there general approach here.

However, deep in my heart of hearts, I believe there is a kernel of villager in there, trying to fight it's way free.
I get that a lot. I'm sort of a natural wolf. Once I get rolling that makes me a really good townie to have around, because I know how wolves think, but day ones are hard. Bear with me.
i guess tim can be town for this lmao?
Hmmst

Wolfy lmao
And wolfy reachy townread

Add him to the list of thoughtcriminals
Apogee nooooo! Tim will protect me! A knight in shining armor can't be a criminal.
I beg of you to reconsider. From previous experience this is in Tim's townplay.
Ace I meant AWESOM-O was wolfy

Tim is still in the ??? pile. Mostly cause he scares me. And I don't really know how to read him.
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

why are there people that are typing in the game thread but not on the checklist at the top
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:04 pm
AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm

1 down 10 to go lads

A wagon on someone I actually think is wolfing
goddamnit i wasn't expecting to actually put effort into the game
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm why are there people that are typing in the game thread but not on the checklist at the top
Elimination immune
Check the SOD1 post
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm Ace I meant AWESOM-O was wolfy

Tim is still in the ??? pile. Mostly cause he scares me. And I don't really know how to read him.
Oh, then I don't care, so do whatever makes you happy. :)
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm why are there people that are typing in the game thread but not on the checklist at the top
Because #399. Also someone is a stump and is therefore unyeetable and immune to being thrown into the sun.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

says the one who vlcheckdd non player

Victories:
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Yeah what's everyone's read on Telemundo?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What checklist
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:07 pm
Elimination immune
Check the SOD1 post
lmao okay then
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh you mean the yeet poll?

I have no suspects rn just a couple people who look good. I've also missed all the discussion that led to those wagons and don't wanna read it.
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:07 pm
i don't understand lol
PunchyTheCat
The Mark
Posts in topic: 444
Preferred Pronouns: he/him (they/their is fine though)

Post by PunchyTheCat »

i’d like to be pinged in poe shots

i’m gonna solve the game in one hour

by 7:08 pm i will have the complete wolf list and 100% accurate townlist
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 pm i blocked punchys avatar bc it makes me so inexplicably uncomfortable i hate it so much
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:09 pm
Elimination immune
Check the SOD1 post
lmao okay then
If you wanna OMGUS you got ITAs to do it

But I'd advise not to
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:10 pm
Elimination immune
Check the SOD1 post
lmao okay then

But I'd advise not to
when are the ita's and when is EOD
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:08 pm Yeah what's everyone's read on Telemundo?
Telemundo was my #2 option character kinda wish I had gone with it lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:10 pm
Elimination immune
Check the SOD1 post
lmao okay then

But I'd advise not to
ITA window 2 is in 3 hours i think, eod is the end time on the poll
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 666
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm I try to do good in this world, but every single one of my plans falls apart. Maybe having henchmen makes me evil. Maybe I’m just here to serve the function of being beaten. Is that my purpose? Does any of this matter? I’ve lost track of who I am underneath all these schemes and devices. I... I need a new plan.
Are you megamind or groo

Plz say megamind
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

i don't understand lol
you checked/voted the non player option

Victories:
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:12 pm
Elimination immune
Check the SOD1 post
lmao okay then

But I'd advise not to
ah so i'm not too late

what are the instructions for ita'ing lmao
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm
i don't understand lol
i'm confused - do you just select two ppl off the checklist or something
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

is awesom-o the one guy from MU?

Victories:
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 pm is awesom-o the one guy from MU?
I don't think it's awesome5000 if your asking that
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

awesome5000

will maek another account later if i play again on this site because i fucking hate this name now

probably will just go with thebluecupcake or something
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm
i don't understand lol
i'm confused - do you just select two ppl off the checklist or something
That's how voting is done here, yeah.
ImageImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:12 pm
Elimination immune
Check the SOD1 post
lmao okay then

But I'd advise not to
ah so i'm not too late

what are the instructions for ita'ing lmao
you are supposed to bold it and make it red. idk how to make it red. but I see bolding as an option.

I'm on mobile.

Victories:
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 pm
awesome5000

will maek another account later if i play again on this site because i fucking hate this name now

Wait you are awesome5000

Hmmst

LMAO IS A WOLFTELL FOR YOU RIGHT

lmao
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:16 pm
awesome5000

Wait you are awesome5000

Hmmst

LMAO IS A WOLFTELL FOR YOU RIGHT

lmao
let's just say that ever since i've been notified of it i've been using lmao as town just to make it a non-wolf tell lmao
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm I try to do good in this world, but every single one of my plans falls apart. Maybe having henchmen makes me evil. Maybe I’m just here to serve the function of being beaten. Is that my purpose? Does any of this matter? I’ve lost track of who I am underneath all these schemes and devices. I... I need a new plan.
Are you megamind or groo

Plz say megamind
*rolls back into the thread*

I was hoping for the jonathan coulton song soulcrusher mountain but that's pretty obscure.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Are you megamind or groo

Plz say megamind
I don’t even know anymore.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

awesome5000

this is off topic but,
oh okay hi! all 3 of those nicknames/account names sounds good tho.

what made u change your mind about awesom-o?

Victories:
xalt
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: anything

Post by xalt »

1 down 10 to go lads

honestly im just really tired of people not dying- er, in agreement with this vote
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm
Are you megamind or groo

Plz say megamind
I don’t even know anymore.
If it wasn't MY undertitle I might think that you were a veteran of the psychic wars.
ImageImageImageImage
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm
awesome5000

this is off topic but,

i don't even know tbh, it just... doesn't sound very cool and i don't think enough ppl watch south park to get the reference
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

xalt wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:19 pm

1 down 10 to go lads

honestly im just really tired of people not dying- er, in agreement with this vote
xalt wolfing this game?

want to believe it
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

awesome5000

this is off topic but,

There is an off topic green option the OT button if ever you wanted to use that.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

are there more ita sessions after session 2?
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:20 pm
awesome5000

this is off topic but,

i don't even know tbh, it just... doesn't sound very cool and i don't think enough ppl watch south park to get the reference
oh, okay

sorry

Victories:

Return to “Previous Jobs”