U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by iaafr »

manti (maple) has gone into townleader mode which is kinda interesting
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

pretty towny stuff though tbh
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

iso maple if you want a decent perspective on the game i think

nutella/jumpluff also have p comprehensive views of the game iirc?

idk
xalt
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: anything

Post by xalt »

iaafr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm iso maple if you want a decent perspective on the game i think

idk
i appreciate you doing this in a bit
xalt
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: anything

Post by xalt »

xalt wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm
iaafr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm iso maple if you want a decent perspective on the game i think

idk
i appreciate you doing this in a bit
probably after my jackbox session
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Epignosis »

xalt wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 pm hello

thread summary please
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:20 pm I have a feeling that we aren't going in the right direction, and having a chunk of the game be unvotable makes it feel like the options are pretty limited, tho we're killing three people today and we can probably make a lot out of it.

Gonna make a list
Is this a reaction to me thinking about moving my vote off of Sloonei? :confused2:
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:50 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:04 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:41 pm @Dragon D. Luffy please speak to AMY and have her give her thoughts on me and anyone else she desires

also ask her to do the bun to head reads, as above
Perfect timing.

I just learned she thinks you are town.

Apparently spec chat is pretty dead though, so I have nothing more.
Quick DDL ISO produces this.
oh okay thank you ♡. I remembered luffy saying they could do that.. so carot (sorry Amy for spelling carot, your account name wrong, is amy?) I remember it gave me the sweats because I had flash backs to a game I played that was rough for me (spectators could talk in game, it was a very weird game but that wasn't what made it a bad game for me though, that was a fun part this is going off topic)
Carotte and Amy are different people. I actually wanted him to talk to Carotte, because if Carotte saw me talking about her I was pretty sure she could tell him something that I would know came from Carotte and that would support his claim. Maybe Carotte isn't even speccing or didn't see it or Mac saw what I was trying and disapproved or who knows what, but we got through to Amy instead and later Ranmilia.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark
Posts in topic: 438

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

iaafr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:53 pm people made posts
i concur
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

[mention]Maple[/mention] I remember Spirtyo making that long chart of players and putting in a post number(s) to that player .. that looked cool at first and second glance because I think they reposted it. I did try to search ip some of those posts just to see if they were significant/noteworthy or just him picking random posts of the players. i couldn't figure out how to search by post number on my mobile though. any way it made me think rhis is villagery or scum with lots of WIM. I think they are towny tho.

also i don't like how he gots me as scum and I remember him making another list like that too and idk if he just reposted it or what.

I could have false memories and that isn't the case. idk.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hyena wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:56 pm
Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:20 pm I have a feeling that we aren't going in the right direction, and having a chunk of the game be unvotable makes it feel like the options are pretty limited, tho we're killing three people today and we can probably make a lot out of it.

Gonna make a list
Is this a reaction to me thinking about moving my vote off of Sloonei? :confused2:
I was gonna take credit since I actively did not put my vote on Sloonei, but I will share.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:59 pm @Maple I remember Spirtyo making that long chart of players and putting in a post number(s) to that player .. that looked cool at first and second glance because I think they reposted it. I did try to search ip some of those posts just to see if they were significant/noteworthy or just him picking random posts of the players. i couldn't figure out how to search by post number on my mobile though. any way it made me think rhis is villagery or scum with lots of WIM. I think they are towny tho.

also i don't like how he gots me as scum and I remember him making another list like that too and idk if he just reposted it or what.

Yeah, that's something I noticed. It seemed like he had a fair bit of wim, but his thread presence was somewhat understated, diminished even. He was making himself seem smaller than what he was trying, I felt.

Overall, that seemed like a stylistic thing. It means just need to directly question them for more, rather than just ISOing them, I think.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Gonna make a list
I was thinking about the convos earlier today, and skimmed some stuff, and have lost some confidence in my reads. I want to do other stuff and come back with a different viewpoint.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:59 pm @Maple I remember Spirtyo making that long chart of players and putting in a post number(s) to that player .. that looked cool at first and second glance because I think they reposted it. I did try to search ip some of those posts just to see if they were significant/noteworthy or just him picking random posts of the players. i couldn't figure out how to search by post number on my mobile though. any way it made me think rhis is villagery or scum with lots of WIM. I think they are towny tho.

Oh, yeah, the thing with the post numbers was super high effort.
ImageImageImageImage
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:02 pm

Gonna make a list
I was thinking about the convos earlier today, and skimmed some stuff, and have lost some confidence in my reads. I want to do other stuff and come back with a different viewpoint.
Go play AC, nothing best than some camper friends.
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:02 pm

I'm feeling town and I'm scared
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

wasn't there a tim vs ted yesterday or do i have a false memory?

Victories:
Adam_
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 196

Post by Adam_ »

umm. is end of day 7am eastern? it is right? i keep thinking the cycle is around 9pm eastern (us), not 9pm eastern (aus). made that mistake before the game, too. glad i won't miss EoD. thought i was going to
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Cayvie entrance seems ~rand. Some socializing about bunnies and all that jazz, fakable but not wolfy.
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:34 am
iaafr wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:32 am
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:30 am ngl i'm really feelin TL town so far
and xalt
xalt not as much as TL but ye

surprised you arent townreading pluff tbh
yeah well! i could go either way there. saying they hope i'm town this time from a certain angle reads as both pocketing and intentional tmi avoidance.
wouldn't say i scumread them but i noted it!
I actually really like this post. Like, unless its the fabled double-reverse pocket or something. Probably fakable, but a good start.
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 am
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:57 am cayvie I need to see how you read others early on to work out if your absence of a villa read on me is legit or not tbh, because I actually think I'm an fairly obvious villager read by any non-RP metric you could be using to read d0

Like how do you read TL/iaafr?

My bunny, however, disagrees with this cautious and rational process, and wants to wriggle towards my head
my lack of read on you is largely because i don't think i've played with you, so i don't trust gut there!
i've only played popcorn with rabbit before so idk there.
TL i have played with before and so i trust my gut a little bit. same with xalt.
i'm not thinking thru the reads, just going by what i remember feeling around them in other games
Someone sanity check the following read: a wolf here would attempt to go in for the pocket, given the thread atmosphere at the time. They are less likely to say "I don't have a read yet, not confident" on a group of players who appear to be infiltratable. Does that sound like it makes sense?

A chain of posts that I don't feel like are important enough to quote, some reads stuff in there, a fair bit of non-reads-stuff.

cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:00 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:56 pm
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:48 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:23 am Someone shoot jpic plz

Tony was obvious town
At this point the ONLY thing he had said about TSP was "bad Tony."

TSP had taken his shot at Hyena, who Nanook had stated was town.

The read on TSP as "obv town" is made up, whole cloth, on the spot, to convince people to shoot JPIC.

Why? I mean, I might have been inclined to shoot JPIC. I don't have a clear read on JPIC but he did shoot a townie so maybe? But this kind of blatant false push is a wolf all day long where I come from.
idk my read on nook is that he's overstating the strengths of his reads, especially townreads, in order to attempt to bring some focus to the thread. i think calling this a blatant false push is a bit much.
At that point calling Tony "obv town" wasn't overstating a read...Tony was flipped. There's no overstating that.

He was overstating, he was RETROACTIVING. Until Tony flipped there is no indication Nanook read him as town AT ALL, EVER.

This isn't trying to bring focus, this is bald faced lying to get a very dubious wolf read elevated to "shoot instantly" status.

Yes, maybe this is just big ego wanting to call shots. Or maybe it is just Nanook doing the same openwolf play that he just won with in Philosophers.
sounds like you've found your ITA target. who's town?
Not really sure what to feel about this. Somewhat disagreeing with the initial reason, thinks "okay, who's your town"? Not sure, would want some elaboration here.

cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:34 pm
xalt wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:33 pm hey i got an idea

im rnging my ita
Oh then I'll sheep your shot, sounds reasonable
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 pm I missed it again
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:32 pm Gah I couldn't figure out how to do the red text in time lol
How?
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:27 pm ITA list is like

Eph and JPIC

and anyone with less than five posts that isn’t Exalt
What did exalt do
Not a fan of this, esp if JPIC is a wolf. Dude's unyeetable, Exalt died, didn't end up firing.

More posts of mostly socializing, not really solving in this stretch.

Wondering why they're defending Poison as much as they are here, esp if they "lost their feel for the game". Will need to ask about that.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Overall, a low game-to-socialization ratio. That's whatever, its a 50p fun game, but for their bits of solving I def want to see fair bit of elaboration. There's just points where I don't see the reasons for things conecting.

They had some early posts that I quite liked, but really we're 4000 posts in and that was d0. Ideally they're here before EoD and all that.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

I know i look like a lazy person and I didn't read ip on game. but to be fair I'm on my phone. idk when ill get my laptop back.

lol, it seems like me playing mafia games on forums is always cursed.

sounds like AtE. my bad. nut I kinda want to be in the moment too. and the people I wanna talk to happen to be on now so I don't want to go deep into isos and back reading yet.

Victories:
Iwan
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Iwan »

PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:52 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:50 pm Alright serious question why are we yeeting sloon on d1

I don't know most if you but I know sloon and hes usually the town leader

Why is the likely town leader being yeeted
because he's not townleading???
Rule: 149 using the Burden of Leadership fallacy as an excuse to lynch a player should not be encouraged.
There could be meta reasons for him to be a scum , tho
And ddl defending him could tell wonders about him
A shame that, per rule 179, info lynches are suboptimal
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 pm I know i look like a lazy person and I didn't read ip on game. but to be fair I'm on my phone. idk when ill get my laptop back.

sounds like AtE. my bad. nut I kinda want to be in the moment too. and the people I wanna talk to happen to be on now so I don't want to go deep into isos and back reading yet.
Hey, you're the only person in the game with a mafia kill to your name. I think you're doing good for a d1 👌
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 135
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

[VOTE: cayvie] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I did not realize that was an AM on the poll instead of PM. Mac really went and stuck us all on Australia’s time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i was going to say something
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:12 pm i was going to say something
Sorry bout the rand buddy
PunchyTheCat
The Mark
Posts in topic: 444
Preferred Pronouns: he/him (they/their is fine though)

Post by PunchyTheCat »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:00 pm
Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:16 pm @WerewolfHunter @Long Con, @iaafr, @Urist, @AWESOM-O
@DaisyCloud, @Dragon D. Luffy, @Logic, @colonialbob
@nutella, @Urist, @Timsup2nothin, @Adam_, @SilverKeith, @cayvie, @112
@sprityo

Hello, this is your captain speaking. I would like to ask that each of you please see this post, and change your votes.

Thank you for your cooperation.
sorry, I had some appointment today and my power went out again. why do you need/want me to move my vote on punchy?

did they claim or something?
no i'm just v
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 pm i blocked punchys avatar bc it makes me so inexplicably uncomfortable i hate it so much
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

i feel like im the most potato ive ever been as town lately

i cant stop potatoing

my brain is more broken than ever
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

oh well lol
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Killed a random lowposter nbd, it happens
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:06 pm umm. is end of day 7am eastern? it is right? i keep thinking the cycle is around 9pm eastern (us), not 9pm eastern (aus). made that mistake before the game, too. glad i won't miss EoD. thought i was going to
honestly idk because it doesn't have the timezone. and I don't see a count down timer or whatever either. I missed day 0 which I think was SOD?? not sure. i got the times wrong or over slept??.

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:06 pm umm. is end of day 7am eastern? it is right? i keep thinking the cycle is around 9pm eastern (us), not 9pm eastern (aus). made that mistake before the game, too. glad i won't miss EoD. thought i was going to
honestly idk because it doesn't have the timezone. and I don't see a count down timer or whatever either. I missed day 0 which I think was SOD?? not sure. i got the times wrong or over slept??.

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Victories:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

nah not just that just total inability to want to get into this game and do anything resembling good work + total lack of confidence in all natural impressions
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

lag??, my bad. my phone is possessed or something

Victories:
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:06 pm

wasn't there a tim vs ted yesterday or do i have a false memory?
That was me. I got a sandpaper read of Ted town by rubbing him the wrong way 'til he bled it...and a bunch of people told me to back off. I'm not really much of a reader but I try to be valuable by sort of mashing people up so they can be read by others more easily. It's...not exactly a gift...more like a curse...but I do what I can with what I got.
ImageImageImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

maple if/when you make votes ill probably sheep em

are you capable of making votes? just wondering cuz you havent yet
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

if it matters at all i have stronk doubts that manti peek stuff is a wolf gambit both logistically and in terms of townreading both of manti and hk

doesnt make sense to me unless hollowkatt had some sort of role specifically designed for this shit along the lines of "kill yourself and janitor yourself"

i also want to wolfread whoever called it v obviously fake because i dont really see that as a natural conclusion at all? but that's probably not something i feel comfortable pushing at least d1

think it was urist
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

iaafr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:16 pm nah not just that just total inability to want to get into this game and do anything resembling good work + total lack of confidence in all natural impressions
why are you describing me
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I made votes earlier and unvoted when I started doing these ISOs.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:17 pm if it matters at all i have stronk doubts that manti peek stuff is a wolf gambit both logistically and in terms of townreading both of manti and hk

doesnt make sense to me unless hollowkatt had some sort of role specifically designed for this shit along the lines of "kill yourself and janitor yourself"

i also want to wolfread whoever called it v obviously fake because i dont really see that as a natural conclusion at all? but that's probably not something i feel comfortable pushing at least d1

think it was urist
It's not totally outside the realm of possibility at level 1, but the theory breaks down upon further inspection. I'm honestly not surprised that there are people doubting me, especially since I havent proven results yet

Ideally, we change that today
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:11 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 pm I know i look like a lazy person and I didn't read ip on game. but to be fair I'm on my phone. idk when ill get my laptop back.

Hey, you're the only person in the game with a mafia kill to your name. I think you're doing good for a d1 👌
oh my glob so this legit teared me up. my day 1 is typically sooo bad. and having so many people shoot at me and never saying why I'm being scum read. and this is only been my 2nd time playing a mash up. (well, technically 3rd but my first one i subbdd in and I was so lost, was lost in the othrr one too, lost in this one tbph)

also i get it my iso is probably a hot mess of newb questions and lots of wut???

I don't think you are mantichora. even if you are idc. my memories of mantichora's play and yours is different. different enough I am not using meta to read you.

Victories:
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by 112 »

[VOTE: cayvie] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:15 pm
The displayed time on the poll is synced to your account’s timezone settings. So if the site displays the correct time for you in general, then the poll is accurate as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

daisycloud is lock clear because she experiences emotions and obviously wolves dont do that
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

(sorry wolves we lvoe you)
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:15 pm
The displayed time on the poll is synced to your account’s timezone settings. So if the site displays the correct time for you in general, then the poll is accurate as well.
oh cool, the site does that!! so I overslept. dang.

Victories:
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 pm daisycloud is lock clear because she experiences emotions and obviously wolves dont do that
I prefer the "happens to have chosen a wolf out of the blue and blasted them" evidence, but I'm close enough to the same result.
ImageImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

:Uhh: :mp:
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 pm daisycloud is lock clear because she experiences emotions and obviously wolves dont do that

Victories:

Return to “Previous Jobs”