64%

Total votes: 14
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 1]

Post by Amy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:48 pm I voted you for the second sentence. It makes no sense for you to be able to say that you'd have a strong v lean on her if you had more meta. It's bs.
lemme clarify, cause i think i worded it poorly

carotte's current play reminds me very very strongly of both of her champs games, both of which i hosted and both of which saw her rand v

i HAVEN'T seen her wolfgame, however, and thus fear that she is perhaps able to replicate her towngame quite well

if it weren't for this fear, she'd be a stronger v lean than i currently have her as

make sense?
hope you're having a good day
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:32 pm exactly one third of the playerlist starts with T

exactly one of them is a wolf

prob turnip head

sheep this galaxy brain take
I see nutella is spilling the *tea*
I kinda want to townread that :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 227

Post by MacDougall »

Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:48 pm I voted you for the second sentence. It makes no sense for you to be able to say that you'd have a strong v lean on her if you had more meta. It's bs.
lemme clarify, cause i think i worded it poorly

carotte's current play reminds me very very strongly of both of her champs games, both of which i hosted and both of which saw her rand v

i HAVEN'T seen her wolfgame, however, and thus fear that she is perhaps able to replicate her towngame quite well

if it weren't for this fear, she'd be a stronger v lean than i currently have her as

make sense?
Yes that would not be a scummy thing to say.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:42 pm
Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:37 pm fuck i forgot carotte on my readslist lmao

carotte is a weak v lean and would be a strong v lean if i knew what her wolfgame looked like
[VOTE: Amy] aubergine
are you voting people based off of their townyness, starting from the top and then moving down?

if so, your third vote should be on urist!
So you consider yourself the towniest person in the game eh?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 282

Post by tutuu »

yes! althought im probably biased to think of this way about myself?

objectively you and amy and me are the most consensus townread people, are we not?
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:42 pm
Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:37 pm fuck i forgot carotte on my readslist lmao

carotte is a weak v lean and would be a strong v lean if i knew what her wolfgame looked like
[VOTE: Amy] aubergine
fair play but honestly i blame her username

i see "Carotenoid" on the poll and it doesn't quiiiiite sink in who it's talking about
lol me neither tbh, but I was traumatized by the 742894209 ways people found to misspell Carotte in G6
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:57 pm yes! althought im probably biased to think of this way about myself?

objectively you and amy and me are the most consensus townread people, are we not?
Maybe so. I've been trying not to read posts.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:59 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:57 pm yes! althought im probably biased to think of this way about myself?

Maybe so. I've been trying not to read posts.
this is the way
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

What's 112 wolf meta?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:01 pm What's 112 wolf meta?
It's hard to say tbh. I think of anyone here I have the best idea but I wouldn't trust my meta all that much.

The first time I encountered 112 was in champs last year in the qualifiers they were town and they had as much wim as anyone I'd ever played with. Sharp as hell, unafraid to ruffle feathers. We had a town v town war. I've never seen that 112 since so I think that it's unfair to scumread her in the absence of that meta.

The second time I played with 112 they randed wolf and deepwolfed very well and got to f3 in the champs semi last year where they bested me and Vanity after I got myself into kingmaker. In that game their wolfgame was typified by being unafraid to vote for and even eliminate partners. They would have been scumread more if not for flips revealing that 112 had pushed partners. By the end of the game there was evidence of 112 having cased and voted on each and every single partner. One notable thing was hammering their teammate Evenstar while 112 and I were both in the thread laughing at how outed she was. 112 just lolnoped and hammered her when really I wasn't even that convinced she was mafia.

I think the two aforementioned games are probably 112 playing town (and mafia) at her top form. Since then by and large I have seen 112 play near identical as either alignment. Mostly surface level reads. Significant periods of no content. Doesn't really care when people scumread her. Just hasn't seemed to have near the wim as either alignment. I understand a lot has occured for 112 personally since champs last year and I think mostly 112 feels like they can't afford to get themselves that immersed in mafia for their own sanity frankly.

Hope that helps.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:33 pm
Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:28 pm i have no reason not to townread joseph now with amy reversing her read. pretty sure when someone is consensus townread by so much ppl they're spewed town by the thread itself. both correctly townread by towns and a bunch of wolves TMIng
i don't think i ever reversed my read? my townread on mac is like... the only thing i've actually explained in-depth itg lol
Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:37 pm
Urist wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:21 pm broseph is lock maf for lock towning me for complimenting nickelback
I didn't lock town you because you complimented nickelback

I lock towned you because you gave zero fucks about how much you'd trigger people for complimenting nickelback
I think this is a lightly villagery Mac post.

This is borrowed meta, but: I remember early in Pyre DVC it was posited that Mac could be read off his general approach to the game; I believe the exact wording was that wolf!Mac "acts like an entertainer rather than a player". I'm ALSO aware that this is somewhat incorrect, and that Mac can easily be a performative shitposter as a villager, too.

However, consider: this is actually a somewhat nuanced read from Mac below the surface nonseriousness of it, and the super casual delivery of it makes it seem like it's no big deal. I suspect that the ACTUAL Mac meta difference is that a shitposty wolf!Mac has a lot more trouble making this read, or at least struggles to make it feel as naturally delivered as it does here.

I maybe also lean v on Urist for his half of the interaction, though I'm less confident there.

Think this probably meets my quota of giving a shit for Day 0 but we'll see.
amy would u believe me if i said i misread this post and i thought it said "wolfy" and not "villagery" and i spent the entire day 0 thinking u have him as a scumread, i even referenced "amy's scumread on joseph" at least 5 times by now. lol

townie tbh
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 124

Post by Urist »

totally ordered list

lock v
karat
amy
mac
colin

lean v
proto
tutuu

everyone else is mafia
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

based off of my w/w read with alison (nutella calling alison a boring poster which i perceived as aggressive and uncharacteristic of nutella, and alison not fighting it back the way id imagine u fight back someone calling u that)

independently i have no idea how to read nutella and i wanted to townread alison
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i just reread that interaction back and now im doubting myself maybe nutella wasnt that aggressive and maybe alison's reaction was genuine. so this is how iaafr feels like every game huh
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

goodness apparently it's death, taxes, and tsp forcing izzet in draft and going 0-3
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 pm goodness apparently it's death, taxes, and tsp forcing izzet in draft and going 0-3
my last game i did at least 10 misplays and still won with 1 hp left cuz of absolutely disgusting temur adventures fae of wishes pulling tormod's crypt against boros cycling. 0 mana counter ur entire deck btw get fucked
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like I don't understand why "oops no creatures" isn't a tier one draft deck every time
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

same

must have been the shuffler
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by protocultures »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:18 pm I don’t like meta as a tell but also our crowd of people who have lock towned themself in every game eight times in a row or whatever need to have that first scum game where they wow everyone with their capabilities and never get lock towned again
Pretty towny post.

Gut says town but if maf, tutuu prob also maf.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 0]

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:19 pm
protocultures wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:51 am Good luck, have fun all – just checking into the game to say I am present and ready. Uh, in case anyone gets suspicious that I am not saying “look at me I am town”, here you go – its totally NAI for me as a player. I am hard to read if you haven’t played with me before, I am still sometimes hard to read if you have – suggest you sheep their reads on me for first few days if I confuse you. Does anyone know how I can keep track of daily postcount? Even on day 0, I have mafia reads on people.
(snip)
proto this was your first post in philosopher's mafia. "even on day 0, i have mafia reads on people". by saying "even" ur saying that ur acknowledging day 0 is unofficially recognized as less serious, right?
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:47 am as a reminder, day 0 is meme day and we skip night and go direct to day 1 after this, right?
so im confused about u making this post? ive talked myself into scumreading u again

if im wrong, can you explain to me why im wrong / what i am wrong about?
My day 1 philosopher entrance post was entirely forced to breadcrumb my GUIDE claim in case there was a cc or anything like that. Don't read into the content and compare it here.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

[mention]tutuu[/mention] [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] join my mtg server holy shit

after the game i guess cause ogi

but STILL
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:26 pm Proto, your post up there weirded me out, felt like comments for the sake of comments. [VOTE: Proto] aubergine
That's fine. We don't have much meta with eachother. You should suspect me in this spot. I townread you for it.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Probably also lean Nutella town for now for no good reason other than their slight town read on me. Mafia Nutella doesn't need to do that and just lumps me into POE to keep options open.

I am unlikely to be persuasive re creating a band/flash wagon so pocketing me seems just extremely suboptimal if Nutella is mafia.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:39 pm Probably also lean Nutella town for now for no good reason other than their slight town read on me. Mafia Nutella doesn't need to do that and just lumps me into POE to keep options open.

I am unlikely to be persuasive re creating a band/flash wagon so pocketing me seems just extremely suboptimal if Nutella is mafia.
why would nutella not just try to pocket everyone
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

although from the limited nutella-maf meta i have i'd say it seems unlikely that she intentionally pockets ppl
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:04 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 pm goodness apparently it's death, taxes, and tsp forcing izzet in draft and going 0-3
my last game i did at least 10 misplays and still won with 1 hp left cuz of absolutely disgusting temur adventures fae of wishes pulling tormod's crypt against boros cycling. 0 mana counter ur entire deck btw get fucked
Lol this would read like absolute jibberish to people unfamiliar with MTG.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:30 pm @tutuu @TonyStarkPrime join my mtg server holy shit

but STILL
where's mah invite lol
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:59 pm
Amy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:30 pm @tutuu @TonyStarkPrime join my mtg server holy shit

but STILL
where's mah invite lol
no quarter for people who scumread me
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:08 pm
It's hard to say tbh. I think of anyone here I have the best idea but I wouldn't trust my meta all that much.

The first time I encountered 112 was in champs last year in the qualifiers they were town and they had as much wim as anyone I'd ever played with. Sharp as hell, unafraid to ruffle feathers. We had a town v town war. I've never seen that 112 since so I think that it's unfair to scumread her in the absence of that meta.

The second time I played with 112 they randed wolf and deepwolfed very well and got to f3 in the champs semi last year where they bested me and Vanity after I got myself into kingmaker. In that game their wolfgame was typified by being unafraid to vote for and even eliminate partners. They would have been scumread more if not for flips revealing that 112 had pushed partners. By the end of the game there was evidence of 112 having cased and voted on each and every single partner. One notable thing was hammering their teammate Evenstar while 112 and I were both in the thread laughing at how outed she was. 112 just lolnoped and hammered her when really I wasn't even that convinced she was mafia.

I think the two aforementioned games are probably 112 playing town (and mafia) at her top form. Since then by and large I have seen 112 play near identical as either alignment. Mostly surface level reads. Significant periods of no content. Doesn't really care when people scumread her. Just hasn't seemed to have near the wim as either alignment. I understand a lot has occured for 112 personally since champs last year and I think mostly 112 feels like they can't afford to get themselves that immersed in mafia for their own sanity frankly.

Hope that helps.
Wow, that's like the most inspiring meta take I've ever seen. Thanks!

Nutella, you said that 112 was in wolf meta, do you still think that and why?
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 73

Post by nutella »

yeah, I don't think my view is nearly as deep or insightful as mac's, but she's just reminding me of her wildcard play in terms of like appearing solvy, and feels different from recent towngames I've seen
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:08 pm

Hope that helps.
Wow, that's like the most inspiring meta take I've ever seen. Thanks!

Nutella, you said that 112 was in wolf meta, do you still think that and why?
Now to develop some Carotenoid meta.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Me reading the thread

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

[VOTE: amy] aubergine

Hard sheeping broseph
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Don't hard sheep my vote unless it's my EOD vote tbh.

Shhhhhh baby let it happen, don’t fight it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

so i guess this thread's still sleepwalking, huh

You say that like it’s a bad thing

I for one find this very relaxing
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 73

Post by nutella »

actual footage of me tunneling 112 and turnip

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:21 am You say that like it’s a bad thing

there's relaxing and then there's "half the game isn't posting and i'm already townreading the other half so i feel like i'm just spinning my wheels"

do you have literally a single read

Amy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:21 am You say that like it’s a bad thing

there's relaxing and then there's "half the game isn't posting and i'm already townreading the other half so i feel like i'm just spinning my wheels"

do you have literally a single read
Yes I have literally one and it’s that broseph is town

I had some others but none of them matter as much as that one tbh

Rn I think my reads are something like

Tutu carrot joe town

Alison mafia-ish

Tony and Urist low confidence townreads that just barely scrape the threshold of being confident enough to talk about
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 113
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

These posts aren’t just cutting it for me

Think of some gif of someone that falls out of the chair while he rolls his eyes inside his head

Thankfully I always get potato passes til D2 or D3 depending on the playerlist so I can shitpost
ImageImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:18 am These posts aren’t just cutting it for me

Think of some gif of someone that falls out of the chair while he rolls his eyes inside his head

Thankfully I always get potato passes til D2 or D3 depending on the playerlist so I can shitpost
potato pass revoked

gimme one (1) read
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Amy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:22 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:18 am These posts aren’t just cutting it for me

potato pass revoked

gimme one (1) read
tedxtr town :wiz:
ImageImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:24 am

potato pass revoked

gimme one (1) read
perish
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Amy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:26 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:24 am

potato pass revoked

gimme one (1) read
perish
“fair enough” is my safe word
ImageImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Look, here's what's going to happen:

We're going to lynch someone, probably someone in the perceived lower half of skill level of the players in the game that had the most uninspired d1 by t0an and/or volume; hopefully we're right

The wolves are going to SPK someone, probably Joseph if he's a villager and/or has something that could be minimally construed as a correct fakepeek, and then some other $%#! may or may not happen and we'll have NK/mechanical stuff to talk about

It's hard to gin up enthusiasm when the real game isn't actually going to start for the better part of 48 hours, and having Nanook act like he's all clever for voting me because there's a 25% chance he could be right and have gotten in on the ground floor is just stupid, and it's insulting that you think it would be at all productive regardless of my role

Is this a copypasta or
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:39 am Is this a copypasta or
that it is
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

but STILL
definitely!

Return to “Previous Heists”