64%

Total votes: 14
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 1]

Post by 112 »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:51 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am one in mac / nutella might be wolf which would mean I'd have to drop my slank / meme shtick and push there which is a total drag
You've got my interest. Talk to me about this.
I think nutella hasn't shown any town trait and I didn't like her town read on proto, nor her read on me as that's kind of NAI behaviour for me - she's town reading "lhf" for very weak reasoning which she has shown in other scum games that it seems to be her MO mostly

I also think Mac's opening post reads are okay in a vacuum, in the sense that town can also do it but from personal experience, they are more reliable when it comes to scum reads rather than town reads ; so him (presumably) town reading Nutella just for that when she's experienced enough is maybe TMI-y

that's why I'm kinda stuck in between the two
first line here is coherent and I understand where it's coming from but I can't parse the second one at all
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 282

Post by tutuu »

in a recent post i said i thought alison looks towny to me now, 112

i also previously mentioned that i was townreading her until that nutella thing happened

in this specific post im just explaining where im coming from
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 113
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am one in mac / nutella might be wolf which would mean I'd have to drop my slank / meme shtick and push there which is a total drag
I think nutella hasn't shown any town trait and I didn't like her town read on proto, nor her read on me as that's kind of NAI behaviour for me - she's town reading "lhf" for very weak reasoning which she has shown in other scum games that it seems to be her MO mostly

I also think Mac's opening post reads are okay in a vacuum, in the sense that town can also do it but from personal experience, they are more reliable when it comes to scum reads rather than town reads ; so him (presumably) town reading Nutella just for that when she's experienced enough is maybe TMI-y

first line here is coherent and I understand where it's coming from but I can't parse the second one at all
it's supposed to say that I think nutella's modus operandi is town reading the LHF people with the purpose of pocketing them so she's being town read in return
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

funny how different ppl can perceive the same information differently, ted

i perceive nutella as scumreading the LHF people (112 and turnip head), you as the opposite
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

What is LHF?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:14 am funny how different ppl can perceive the same information differently, ted

i perceive nutella as scumreading the LHF people (112 and turnip head), you as the opposite
she's town reading me and proto for questionable reasons

idk about the 112 push being wolf-indicative necessarily ; 112 acknowledged nutella being town while doing it so I take it (s)he? didn't have a problem with it and I don't either

I must've missed the TH scum read tho
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

low hanging fruit
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:18 am What is LHF?
low-hanging fruit
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tutuu, how did you manage to pace nutella's world view without even addressing them directly - what changed your mind?
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 am tutuu, how did you manage to pace nutella's world view without even addressing them directly - what changed your mind?
i dont understand?

pace?

adress who?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 am tutuu, how did you manage to pace nutella's world view without even addressing them directly - what changed your mind?
i dont understand?

pace?

adress who?
you're voting TH, the person you said nutella was pushing

do you town read her now?
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:26 am
i dont understand?

pace?

adress who?

i didnt scumread nutella independently, i scumread her based off of thinking she was w/w with alison

right now im leaning in the world where those two arent w/w. because i mentioned how alison's latests posts were towny and regardless i just chose to change my mind
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:28 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:26 am
i dont understand?

pace?

adress who?

i didnt scumread nutella independently, i scumread her based off of thinking she was w/w with alison

right now im leaning in the world where those two arent w/w. because i mentioned how alison's latests posts were towny and regardless i just chose to change my mind
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

112 i dont know if you're a fan of early world building but if you're town, idk how u townread nutella in that situation. i guess its possible that ur town and ur correctly townreading her but who is left to be mafia from ur pov? say we're lucky and 10k flips maf, maybe turnip head too, who else? everyone else is being read by at least 1 person
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

town*read
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

right u said colin. sorry i forgot
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Why "one in mac/nutella"? If your rationale is that they're both individually scummy then why not both?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hot take: this is the scummiest post in the game so far.

The only way I see to interpret TH's posts as coming from town is the interpretation that they're just very unmotivated or don't give a fuck and are just here to shitpost. This post indicates that they're actually tracking game-relevant conversations and to some degree care about the content of those conversations (or they wouldn't ask what LHF is, they'd just post a gif and laugh and go away for a bit), which in turn indicates that the "I don't care about anything in this game" attitude doesn't actually exist and they're intentionally choosing to not contribute at all.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 am 112 i dont know if you're a fan of early world building but if you're town, idk how u townread nutella in that situation. i guess its possible that ur town and ur correctly townreading her but who is left to be mafia from ur pov? say we're lucky and 10k flips maf, maybe turnip head too, who else? everyone else is being read by at least 1 person
this post seems to be driven by the underlying assumption that if 112 is town they have to automatically believe that all other people's townreads are correct and thus aren't allowed to townread nutella because it means the POE is too small to contain all the other scum

which is a very questionable assumption
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

(i thought about just leaving it naked but decided id explain)

i think alison is nitpicking very VERY VERY deeply into stuff similarly to how i remember her doing in space invaders and i dont remember her doing this as town.

like, the stuff that she is nitpicking into is irrelevant in the first place. i think town!alison recognizes that not everything is logical and moves on and adapts, and perhaps scum!alisons is more stubborn to nit and grit every single tiny detail
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i will iso her in lion king and philosophers mafia to make sure
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

idk i think its different. like she had a direction as town in those game, she wanted to be in control and stuff

and shes doing the same stuff as in space invaders. its like shes grinding side quests instead of working on the main quest as she does as town
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm (i thought about just leaving it naked but decided id explain)

i think alison is nitpicking very VERY VERY deeply into stuff similarly to how i remember her doing in space invaders and i dont remember her doing this as town.

like, the stuff that she is nitpicking into is irrelevant in the first place. i think town!alison recognizes that not everything is logical and moves on and adapts, and perhaps scum!alisons is more stubborn to nit and grit every single tiny detail
it is the literal core logic of your point about 112

this isn't an irrelevant side assumption, it's the entire reason why you think 112 isn't "allowed" to townread nutella

if we take away this assumption then your entire point falls apart
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 124

Post by Urist »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm i think town!alison recognizes that not everything is logical and moves on and adapts
doubt it, she did the same thing in lion king and i scum read her for it, nearly to my own demise.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

linki: i saw ur posting, will respond after i post this

u chew on me post after post about extremely minor details that dont lead to anywhere worthwhile going, and u go ahead and write this gem
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:12 pm
Hot take: this is the scummiest post in the game so far.

The only way I see to interpret TH's posts as coming from town is the interpretation that they're just very unmotivated or don't give a fuck and are just here to shitpost. This post indicates that they're actually tracking game-relevant conversations and to some degree care about the content of those conversations (or they wouldn't ask what LHF is, they'd just post a gif and laugh and go away for a bit), which in turn indicates that the "I don't care about anything in this game" attitude doesn't actually exist and they're intentionally choosing to not contribute at all.
"tutuu is silly for assuming X Y Z" but alison is absolutely not silly and very logical for assuming that TH would drop a gif and laugh like a clown all game instead of asking what LHF is because maybe they just dont know what LHF is and they do seem to be consistent with popping in the tread from time to time and responding to the latest events
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 124

Post by Urist »

tbh the scummiest thing alison has done is joined tutuu on the turnip head wagon.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:56 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm (i thought about just leaving it naked but decided id explain)

it is the literal core logic of your point about 112

this isn't an irrelevant side assumption, it's the entire reason why you think 112 isn't "allowed" to townread nutella

if we take away this assumption then your entire point falls apart
nothing in this post is true

i wanted to start a conversation with 112. i mentioned that everyone else is being townread by someone because i was thinking out loud. i didnt say that in a manner to question / interrogate / pressure her, i said it to reveal myself, reveal my own hand. i wanted to talk to her. you're the one assuming stuff about how my head works, while calling me out for making wrong assumptions
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:57 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm i think town!alison recognizes that not everything is logical and moves on and adapts
doubt it, she did the same thing in lion king and i scum read her for it, nearly to my own demise.
can you quote 1-2 posts?

i literally just isoed her and i disagree

she wanted to lead

she pushed actual stuff that mattered. like... big stuff.

and not "tedxtr why are u saying u think 1 wolf in X/Y, why not both X and Y"

like, what is the end goal here?
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:57 pm "tutuu is silly for assuming X Y Z" but alison is absolutely not silly and very logical for assuming that TH would drop a gif and laugh like a clown all game instead of asking what LHF is because maybe they just dont know what LHF is and they do seem to be consistent with popping in the tread from time to time and responding to the latest events
You are misinterpreting what my post says. My point is that the only interpretation of TH's actions as being anything but scummy involves on them being completely uninvolved in the thread. I do believe that TH doesn't know what LHF is and I do think that they want to open the thread from time to time and respond to the latest events. It is precisely because of that desire that I want to scumread them - because it removes the "I just didn't care" excuse from their pool.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:57 pm
both of the quoted posts are horrible and untrue characterizations of my play and I challenge you provide a single instance in which this was true
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:02 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:57 pm "tutuu is silly for assuming X Y Z" but alison is absolutely not silly and very logical for assuming that TH would drop a gif and laugh like a clown all game instead of asking what LHF is because maybe they just dont know what LHF is and they do seem to be consistent with popping in the tread from time to time and responding to the latest events
You are misinterpreting what my post says. My point is that the only interpretation of TH's actions as being anything but scummy involves on them being completely uninvolved in the thread. I do believe that TH doesn't know what LHF is and I do think that they want to open the thread from time to time and respond to the latest events. It is precisely because of that desire that I want to scumread them - because it removes the "I just didn't care" excuse from their pool.
why can only TH be town if they are completely uninvovled in the thread

why cant they only be 10% invovled in the thread and still be town

why is the threshhold 0 or 100

why cant it be something in between
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'll bet my left flipper that Alison is town
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 am 112 i dont know if you're a fan of early world building but if you're town, idk how u townread nutella in that situation. i guess its possible that ur town and ur correctly townreading her but who is left to be mafia from ur pov? say we're lucky and 10k flips maf, maybe turnip head too, who else? everyone else is being read by at least 1 person
Explain how these three lines interact with each other tutuu. You're a person of interest for me, so it's natural for me to be interested in your logic. Don't play this off as "nitpicking irrelevant points". If you say something in the thread, I want to know your thought process, and if your motivation was what you claimed it to be, you should be eager to provide me that thought process.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

i can't into these meta discussions but do agree alison looks nitpicky/is forming complex reads out of very little information. although i think that's a towny trait more often than not.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:03 pm

because if they gave the slightest flying fuck about the game they would do something other than post gifs all day

It's a very simple logic that requires only extremely unobjectionable assumptions. Let me walk you through it.

Assumption 1: Townies who care more than 0% about the game try to further their win condition.
Assumption 2: TH knows that nothing they have done this game tries to further a town win condition.

Therefore:
If TH was town and cared more than 0% about the game, they would not do what they are doing right now.

Therefore:
If TH cares more than 0% about the game, they are not town.

Please pick out the assumption in this sequence that you disagree with.
Alison

Post by Alison »

IMO if you're going to call my posts nitpicky you should point to exactly what you think is nitpicky and explain why it's irrelevant and then explain why my argument that the post is actually relevant is wrong. Otherwise I'm allowed to pursue any line of inquiry I wish and if my top two scumreads don't want me to pursue that line of inquiry then I'm certainly not obliged to move away.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:04 pm
Explain how these three lines interact with each other tutuu. You're a person of interest for me, so it's natural for me to be interested in your logic. Don't play this off as "nitpicking irrelevant points". If you say something in the thread, I want to know your thought process, and if your motivation was what you claimed it to be, you should be eager to provide me that thought process.
idk how u townread nutella - i was frustrated because i was scumreading nutella at that time
who is left to be mafia from ur pov - i forgot 112 has colin as mafia. i thought they have 2 scumreads and 12 townreads
everyone else is ebring read by a tleast 1 perso n - this is me thinking out loud. something somthing im inclined to sheep townreads

" and if your motivation was what you claimed it to be, you should be eager to provide me that thought process." - maybe you assume too much?

i dont have motivation to use my fingers to type on my keys about stuff that i dont think will lead to anywhere

im not a literal person like u

id rather try to find alignments, i dont care if its "clean"

in my perception of ur town game u also care about alignmetns more than anything and ur willing to look over logical inconsistencies
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:06 pm because if they gave the slightest flying fuck about the game
But I am a flightless bird

I think you're applying too much logic to my goofing around, I do want town to win but I don't always play optimally
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:06 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:03 pm

because if they gave the slightest flying fuck about the game they would do something other than post gifs all day

It's a very simple logic that requires only extremely unobjectionable assumptions. Let me walk you through it.

Assumption 1: Townies who care more than 0% about the game try to further their win condition.
Assumption 2: TH knows that nothing they have done this game tries to further a town win condition.

Therefore:
If TH was town and cared more than 0% about the game, they would not do what they are doing right now.

Therefore:
If TH cares more than 0% about the game, they are not town.

Please pick out the assumption in this sequence that you disagree with.
"If TH was town and cared more than 0% about the game, they would not do what they are doing right now." - i dont see how

just cuz they havent gotten into the game yet doesnt mean they will just remain the same

ur assuming TH wont turn on their gamer mode and start solving

ur assuming they will remain a constant
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 pm IMO if you're going to call my posts nitpicky you should point to exactly what you think is nitpicky and explain why it's irrelevant and then explain why my argument that the post is actually relevant is wrong. Otherwise I'm allowed to pursue any line of inquiry I wish and if my top two scumreads don't want me to pursue that line of inquiry then I'm certainly not obliged to move away.
im not calling ur posts or arguments irrelevant im calling the end goal irrelevant

if im going to call your posts nitpicky then obv im not gonna satisfy ur request to nitpick the nitpick in return. since thats what i dislike in the first place
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:04 pm
idk how u townread nutella - i was frustrated because i was scumreading nutella at that time
who is left to be mafia from ur pov - i forgot 112 has colin as mafia. i thought they have 2 scumreads and 12 townreads
everyone else is ebring read by a tleast 1 perso n - this is me thinking out loud. something somthing im inclined to sheep townreads

" and if your motivation was what you claimed it to be, you should be eager to provide me that thought process." - maybe you assume too much?

i dont have motivation to use my fingers to type on my keys about stuff that i dont think will lead to anywhere

im not a literal person like u

id rather try to find alignments, i dont care if its "clean"

in my perception of ur town game u also care about alignmetns more than anything and ur willing to look over logical inconsistencies
Yeah, except it's very clear to me that it leads somewhere. If you don't see it, that's fine, but if you look at me explaining why I think it's relevant, then you should at least realize that I think it leads somewhere and therefore have good reasons to pursue this line.

I'm particularly interested in this line:
This is the one I had an issue with. Because in my mind this should have absolutely no impact on someone's reads. What do I care if X is being townread by Y? Y could be wrong. Y could even be X's scumbuddy! So I'm curious why you felt the need to bring this idea at all into your response to 112.

Now it's clear to me that you don't see why your offhand remark is really relevant to your alignment, so I'm going to make it explicit why I think it's relevant: I think the thought process "someone being townread by someone else means that person is offlimits" is one that's not really likely to be engaged in by town except in very extreme playstyle differences. It's not just illogical - it's unnatural. It's not the kneejerk response people have, because the kneejerk response is to not blindly trust everyone that they don't actively scumread in a game about deception. I'm interested in unfolding why you have this unnatural-seeming response or thought process to 112's post. If you have a good reason for it or can clarify what you meant, that's fine. But if you don't, or if you persist in trying to move my attentions away from this line, then I have good reason to be very interested.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:14 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 pm IMO if you're going to call my posts nitpicky you should point to exactly what you think is nitpicky and explain why it's irrelevant and then explain why my argument that the post is actually relevant is wrong. Otherwise I'm allowed to pursue any line of inquiry I wish and if my top two scumreads don't want me to pursue that line of inquiry then I'm certainly not obliged to move away.
im not calling ur posts or arguments irrelevant im calling the end goal irrelevant

if im going to call your posts nitpicky then obv im not gonna satisfy ur request to nitpick the nitpick in return. since thats what i dislike in the first place
You think me being nitpicky makes me scum.

I don't think my posts are nitpicky and have provided good, clear reasons why they aren't.

If you cannot refute those reasons then your scumread is baseless. Don't bother trying to tell me "oh it's from the gut" or "I just get that vibe" - by definition, if you cannot respond to clear logical arguments against your case, then your case is baseless.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

why do u think its weird of me to be naturally inclined to sheep townreads?

how many times have u seen me say "mafia is a team game etc etc"

how many times ive said im gonna sheep ur townreads
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Alison locktown I suggest we move on

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:05 pm i can't into these meta discussions but do agree alison looks nitpicky/is forming complex reads out of very little information. although i think that's a towny trait more often than not.
please look at her iso here

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... &start=200

(scum)

i could be wrong in my memory and perception, but i perceive alison as nitpicking only as mafia. as town i can see where shes going and i can cheer her on as i read her posts and maybe it could just be my fault that im not seeing it here but i think she was telling the truth about being wendy the wolf
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:11 pm "If TH was town and cared more than 0% about the game, they would not do what they are doing right now." - i dont see how

just cuz they havent gotten into the game yet doesnt mean they will just remain the same

ur assuming TH wont turn on their gamer mode and start solving

ur assuming they will remain a constant
If their intent was to "potato Day 1/2 and then start solving Day 3"...

1) I've already pointed out that I think this is an issue in this game in particular and that there's probably a scum trying to skive by using that very excuse. So this excuse doesn't really incline me to brush off anti-town behavior.

2) Townies who have this playstyle are usually well aware of it and inform the rest of town in advance that this is what they're doing rather than just completely ignoring them. Look at people like nanook or ted saying similar things, or Urist in Lion King. Is it possible that TH is town and has this playstyle and just chooses to completely skive off and not tell anyone else what they're doing? Maybe there's some possbility of that happening - but I think it is far more likely, and a far simpler explanation, to posit that they just aren't town. On the balance of probabilities, I'm inclined to scumread TH. Am I 100% convinced by this read? No. I'm convinced enough to vote them. I don't think I would dayvig them if I had the power. But if they perform an action that's, say, 80% to be coming from scum and 20% to be coming from town, I'm comfortable scumreading them for that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:17 pm why do u think its weird of me to be naturally inclined to sheep townreads?

how many times have u seen me say "mafia is a team game etc etc"

how many times ive said im gonna sheep ur townreads
Sheeping X person's townreads is fine and in character.

Sheeping the townreads of everyone in the game that you aren't actively scumreading is absurd to the point that I have trouble finding it plausible that you believe it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:21 pm
112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:05 pm i can't into these meta discussions but do agree alison looks nitpicky/is forming complex reads out of very little information. although i think that's a towny trait more often than not.
please look at her iso here

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... &start=200

(scum)

i could be wrong in my memory and perception, but i perceive alison as nitpicking only as mafia. as town i can see where shes going and i can cheer her on as i read her posts and maybe it could just be my fault that im not seeing it here but i think she was telling the truth about being wendy the wolf
Of course you'll find it hard to see where I'm going when you baselessly dismiss my explanations of where I'm going with "I don't want to nitpick about you nitpicking" rather than reading them and trying to understand my logic. Are you interested in figuring out my alignment, or just in "winning" this argument so you can push your narrative about me?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Back to [VOTE: tutuu] aubergine, by the way.

Return to “Previous Heists”