8%

Total votes: 39
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Hally »

dyachei wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:47 pm talk about your odd read, hally?
they had a lot of posts i liked. remind me when i get back to try to explain better
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

i could maybe put odd in town lean since i don’t have meta there but idk, i’m happy with my tr there

ok bye for real!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm Tutuu re'd Mac for an assurance/answer that held no weight and didn't engage me.
tf u want me to do dude

i didnt scumread u

"i am wilgy and i think tutuu is scum because she didnt choose to arbitrarily scumread me for some third-party-related reason that goes against her own reads"

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:04 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:58 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:48 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:38 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:24 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 am @tedxtr do you still have a townread on me amd what do you think about timsup2nothing's vote?
Why do you think, out of all the players, that Ted's opinion is the one worth asking for specifically?
Because he said he would rescind his townread on me if I happened to be an experienced player and I told him that I was an experienced player but I didn't see him rescind the townread
I thought you were asking him about my vote, which is currently on you.

I couldn't guess why out of everyone available to ask for an opinion regarding my vote, you asked Ted.

Did you expect Ted specifically to offer something you could build on?
I was looking for a connection between ted and yourself, he basically avoided answering my question about your borderline omgus vote wth flimsy reasoning behind it. That's connection enough for me
LOL...I'll give you another connection.

The last game I played with Ted he came out with a totally unsupported "Tim seems scummy" just like you have done here.

I voted for him then, just like I voted for you here.

He cried about it being a "borderline OMGUS vote with flimsy reasoning" just like you are doing here.

After some back and forth he sort of tucked his wolf tail and ran because I wasn't the easy mischop he was hoping for.

So, are you a wolf this game just like he was that game?
I dig this
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 pm From where I'm at (page 8) tutuu's feels more content forcing than genuine generation that I saw in the last game. Mac doesn't have the same tang.

Yours feels different from Hally's as well.

Why Mac and Hally specifically?
Because Mac and Hally townread us?

Like surely if you think Mac and Hally are obvtown and both of them are telling you that tutuu/Alison are obvtown, you should pay a little attention to it unless you think they're awful at reading us, which they aren't.
I have quite abit of experience with Mac being incorrect.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not ignoring their reads, but I'm not going to be swayed away from my own reads without proper reason.

Even now Hally has made me feel better about Tutuu.

I must say, I dislike your opposition to differing opinions here. It feels like you are invalidating mine by means of reads of others. In a world where the others are also town, are our reads not all of equal value?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Also I want to say that I think ted saying JPIC could be town that just has a fetish for being scumread is like >>rand town.

Like what mafia member makes that read??
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:22 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:21 am okay. there should be 5 mafia here not 4. im gonna believe ur derp clear cuz you probably won't reveal yourself anyway until its later
Oh I wasn’t counting myself
lmao
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:34 am
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:32 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:51 am Im silly for scumreading u after u literally said u purposely played scummy?

this is probably towny hypocrisy but i gotta say, im not surprised mafia wins game after game on the syndicate if this is how low the bar is set for the towngames of the goat wolves
To be fair this could well be ted's non-towngame so who knows
yea but in my experience when i have to make a decision between thinking two stuff, and one of the choices will lead me to feeling disappointed, and other will not, its correct to choose the choice that will make me disappointed, and that one tends to be correct more often than the other one
this post hurt me to my very soul tutuu why
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:47 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:41 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:39 am Raddish is a British poser. Brexit means Brexit. I am the one true Brit
looool i forgot

dude umm ... can u pls send a vocaroo of u saying "bad raddish" in your most british accent possible?

sry if awkward request u dont have to if u dont want to!
I am so disappointed that you don't sound like Bender.

Like, soul crushing.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm not really saying that you aren't allowed to have your reads and I definitely don't think you should just blindly sheep us four but I am saying that I think "Mac and Hally are town but super duper wrong" is not really a correct read for you to be making at this point in time. Like the whole idea behind townshielding is "I am really certain that this person is town, if you think I am town, trust me on this read, I have good reasons for making it".

Actually the more I write this post the more I think you should just go and pursue your own reads and thoughts tbh because it'll probably make it easy to sort you so just go ahead I guess
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:51 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm Tutuu re'd Mac for an assurance/answer that held no weight and didn't engage me.
tf u want me to do dude

i didnt scumread u

"i am wilgy and i think tutuu is scum because she didnt choose to arbitrarily scumread me for some third-party-related reason that goes against her own reads"

Engagement with me about our differing opinions would have been expected of a civ IMO (rather than engagement with Mac.) I did not expect a scumread, and a null is acceptable in this state of the game, but direction of said engagement was funky.

And I'll have you know I am in fact a galaxy brain. Your memes are absolutely correct.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ah... I forgot Tim. Tim goes in my maybe scum pile as well.
Image Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:56 pm Engagement with me about our differing opinions would have been expected of a civ IMO (rather than engagement with Mac.)
nah

im not gonna walk up into someone's face early d1 and be like "DUDE WE SEEM TO HAVE OPPOSING OPINIONS ON THIS PERSON. URE OPINION IS WRONG HAHA AND MY OPINION IS RIGHT HAHA" and stuff

i would do it if the person in question was in danger (like i did / will do with tedxtr) but like i figured mac is pretty safe and obv town

like i laid out my reasons for townreading mac publicly, u laid out yours for scumreading him, i think i ignored yours, i think you ignored mine, im cool with that resolution
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:01 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 am Yeah tim if you can’t find multiple mafia D1 are you even trying tbh
all alison was doing is try to be diplomatic and defend oddmerta, "find the wolf buddies" wasnt a proactive request

i mean its not that big a deal but i feel like u posted this as if alison was snarky
No I posted it as if I was snarky

Which I am
town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:56 pm Engagement with me about our differing opinions would have been expected of a civ IMO (rather than engagement with Mac.)
nah

im not gonna walk up into someone's face early d1 and be like "DUDE WE SEEM TO HAVE OPPOSING OPINIONS ON THIS PERSON. URE OPINION IS WRONG HAHA AND MY OPINION IS RIGHT HAHA" and stuff

i would do it if the person in question was in danger (like i did / will do with tedxtr) but like i figured mac is pretty safe and obv town

like i laid out my reasons for townreading mac publicly, u laid out yours for scumreading him, i think i ignored yours, i think you ignored mine, im cool with that resolution
But I never said why lol
Image Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

fine with me cowboy
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 am Yeah tim if you can’t find multiple mafia D1 are you even trying tbh
all alison was doing is try to be diplomatic and defend oddmerta, "find the wolf buddies" wasnt a proactive request

i mean its not that big a deal but i feel like u posted this as if alison was snarky
In this context, "find the wolf buddies" means "back off the read on Oddmerta for now since I disagree with it and so does everyone else, and try to solve the rest of the game". I want Tim working with the rest of the town to solve the game and show off his towniness, not digging himself into a hole by extending a fruitless push on a widely townread player.
I liked his thought process tbh, doesn't mean he's right but I think you're shutting him down a bit harshly
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Evidence for Wilgy being mafia:
- scum has a reason to try to undermine people in the towncore I guess? (this is a kinda weak reason though since town can easily be skeptical as well)

Evidence for Wilgy being town:
- decent tone

- stubborn about reads in a town way. Town stubbornness tends to feel more like they don't want to be bullied around or strongarmed by power wolves, or because they feel the logic of their read is correct and tone reads they don't get can't outweight that. Mafia stubbornness trends towards making a big show of things, drawing attention to how stubbornly townie you are, dragging out the discussion and shitting up the thread until people agree with you because you're loud and post frequently. Wilgy's stubbornness is quiet, determined and focused on his own ideas, not the perception people have of him.

- waltzing into the thread and unashamedly making multiple reads that go strongly against thread consensus is a pretty audacious move to make as mafia, and I do not believe Wilgy is a particularly audacious wolf. (it's worth noting that this logic has burned me pretty badly before, though, so this is the weakest reason in this category)

Conclusion:
- Wilgy probably >rand town.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

I'm assuming people have played with drwilgy before. Any notes on them I should know about?
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

dyachei wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:40 pm dya, thoughts on tim's fight with oddmerta?

also, do you get anything AI out of his first read on Mac?
so like...that's tim as both alignments. I still have tim as null. I don't remember reading it as a "fight" but more of a oddmerta didn't want to townread tim so easily

is there something i need to look at more closely?
I reckon that's him as either alignment, but I guess...DId it come across as genuine?

I deduced he's likely to have tunnels anyway, but upon a first read it felt like the build up to that tunnel was for credit reaching more than an actual tunnel. The reason for why the tunnel took off was because Odd was asking my opinion on Tim's vote and he singled him out for it, which kinda looks like one of the "wolf that pushes people for things that can be interpreted as scummy but not actually making someone more likely to flip scum off " mindsets.

As opposed to the last game, Tim had an actual reason to believe that he was being finessed by a wolf, but in here he started off saying that Odd is someone that probably knows Tim.

So...If he thought that was the case, then I struggle to really see why he thought he was being pushed by a wolf trying to "yeet the LHF", given that, if Odd would've known Tim, then he would've known what he's getting himself into if he pushes Tim?
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:02 pm Evidence for Wilgy being mafia:
- scum has a reason to try to undermine people in the towncore I guess? (this is a kinda weak reason though since town can easily be skeptical as well)

Evidence for Wilgy being town:
- decent tone

- stubborn about reads in a town way. Town stubbornness tends to feel more like they don't want to be bullied around or strongarmed by power wolves, or because they feel the logic of their read is correct and tone reads they don't get can't outweight that. Mafia stubbornness trends towards making a big show of things, drawing attention to how stubbornly townie you are, dragging out the discussion and shitting up the thread until people agree with you because you're loud and post frequently. Wilgy's stubbornness is quiet, determined and focused on his own ideas, not the perception people have of him.

- waltzing into the thread and unashamedly making multiple reads that go strongly against thread consensus is a pretty audacious move to make as mafia, and I do not believe Wilgy is a particularly audacious wolf. (it's worth noting that this logic has burned me pretty badly before, though, so this is the weakest reason in this category)

Conclusion:
- Wilgy probably >rand town.
I do like the stubbornness from wilgy, kind of leaning town on them from that. they seem a little aggressive, too, which I'm not sure wolves would be in this game at this point.
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 pm I'm assuming people have played with drwilgy before. Any notes on them I should know about?
He always hardclaims doctor in his first post regardless of actual role, as a joke based on his username.

Apparently some wolves don't know this and actually nightkill him, which is always hilarious.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:02 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am

In this context, "find the wolf buddies" means "back off the read on Oddmerta for now since I disagree with it and so does everyone else, and try to solve the rest of the game". I want Tim working with the rest of the town to solve the game and show off his towniness, not digging himself into a hole by extending a fruitless push on a widely townread player.
I liked his thought process tbh, doesn't mean he's right but I think you're shutting him down a bit harshly
i disagree, it would depend on the speaker. in that context and coming from alison it was a thinkign-out-loud suggestion and not an assertive command imo
Alison

Post by Alison »

I just felt that solving other players was more productive than the hard push on Oddmerta at that point in time. :shrug2:
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

dyachei wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:39 pm i also don't really get what's going on with spirit and jpic? Maybe it's because I don't know their meta?
same tbh
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Herm »

[col][/col]
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:58 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:49 pm what did I just read?
You know what you read. It was beautiful and filled me with a feeling... A feeling I hadn't felt in some while.
Ah sorry I misread you. I thought you were mafia, but it actually appears that you are in fact town

Therefore given you and Dizzy both scumread Nutella, and I am avocado reading her. Means she probably is actually mafia.
Avocado reading her?

Is that a nice way of saying she looks town lol?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:09 am Mac is scared of my true power. :eye: you should be too.
town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

I think I need to switch the posts per page settings.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:14 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:09 am Mac is scared of my true power. :eye: you should be too.
town
I don't get this one. Why's this town?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:15 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 am I was more clowning Ted than attacking him, but will take a town read any way I can get it. I am in a sort of 'low intensity, just get town read and save the town from mischopping me, do serious work later' headspace.
this is also town tbh
I suppose I don't understand why this is town. I saw the same merit provided by [mention]Master Radishes[/mention]. Fill me in please.
Image Image Image
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Very rough reads so far based on only feelings:

Town:

Nutella
McGyver

Scum:

Nanonino
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Herm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:16 pm Very rough reads so far based on only feelings:

Town:

Nutella
McGyver

Scum:

Nanonino
I don't see Telemundo on this list
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Herm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:16 pm Very rough reads so far based on only feelings:

Town:

Nutella
McGyver

Scum:

Nanonino
wtf i dont know 66% of the names listed in this reads list
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:15 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:15 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 am I was more clowning Ted than attacking him, but will take a town read any way I can get it. I am in a sort of 'low intensity, just get town read and save the town from mischopping me, do serious work later' headspace.
this is also town tbh
I suppose I don't understand why this is town. I saw the same merit provided by @Master Radishes. Fill me in please.
Because I was in the same headspace (without the low intensity part), and because recognizing that the path to victory for town here involves showing yourself to be town and just grinding the mafia out of places to hide is the strategy I was also inclined to follow that game.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Town:

Nutella
McGyver

Scum:

Nanonino
hahahahahahaha okay you're town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

mcgyver = macdougall?
nanonino = nanook?
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:17 pm

Town:

Nutella
McGyver

Scum:

Nanonino
I don't see Telemundo on this list
I don't know who that is yet lol.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Town:

Nutella
McGyver

Scum:

Nanonino
I assume the three names are nutella, Mac and Nanook, and this readslist is like wacky enough that I can't believe it was forced or planned in any way, or written to conform to an agenda. This is legit someone just tossing stuff off the top of their head.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Town:

Nutella
McGyver

Scum:

Nanonino
wtf y u laugh so much i didnt get it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[mention]Herm[/mention] what is your read on Sloonei?
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:19 pm mcgyver = macdougall?
nanonino = nanook?
I realized I could doublecheck in the first post where you vote, but yes. Correct!
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:21 pm @Herm what is your read on Sloonei?
He's probably this rogue fellow.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:37 am It's actually surprisingly difficult because reads evolve throughout the game so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take my reads at the end of the game (which would be skewed because less players = more chance of being right by default) or my Day 1 reads (which would be skewed because it doesn't take into account my progression throughout the game).
Day 1 reads are the only reads that matter

Spec chat knows
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:55 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:47 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:41 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:39 am Raddish is a British poser. Brexit means Brexit. I am the one true Brit
looool i forgot

dude umm ... can u pls send a vocaroo of u saying "bad raddish" in your most british accent possible?

sry if awkward request u dont have to if u dont want to!
I am so disappointed that you don't sound like Bender.

Like, soul crushing.
I ruin people's hopes and dreams
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

herm is the same herm from g9, right?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:27 am My name is Colin and my back hurts
This catchup just got way cooler
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:47 am i'm about to go to bed but i'll be around tomorrow to flesh out my reads. my goal for today is probably going to be finding 5-7 people that i can townlock. if i can get a solid towncore today then this game will be a lot easier
Flesh
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Remember when ted was like "hold nutella, dyachei and Hally accountable for catching up and generating content and scumread them if they don't" and I was like "don't worry, I'm sure they will sooner or later" and now all of them are catching up at once and making lots of posts
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:29 pm Remember when ted was like "hold nutella, dyachei and Hally accountable for catching up and generating content and scumread them if they don't" and I was like "don't worry, I'm sure they will sooner or later" and now all of them are catching up at once and making lots of posts
Was actually more of an "ask them to provide content" so that I could read them when I wake up
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

town:
mac
tutuu

light town: