Total votes: 39
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Alison »

juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:51 am Ted is playing scummy on purpose apparently lol.

Because that's what town do on day 1 coming off multiple scum rands...
I need to take a short break. I'm up to this post and just wanted to make a quick comment. I didn't have as strong a reaction about ted being mafia until I got to this post and another like it that tutuu posted. It doesn't make sense to me that ted would want to post scummy on Day 1 coming off other games where he randed scum. I don't understand that, @tedxtr maybe you could explain. If you already did thats fine, I'll get to it soon.

And then do I understand correctly that you voted tutuu in part because she read you as scum after you admitted that you were playing scummy? Maybe I misunderstood or maybe you've already addressed this too, if so I'll get to it.

I'll be gone for a bit and then come back and pick up where I left off.
This weird disparity between the content of the post (clearly implying ted is scum) vs the tone (asking if she misunderstood, the qualifying language used) is kind of offputting to me. On the other hand if there's someone who talks to their scumreads like this it's probably juliet because that's just in her personality
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

You guys are lucky i'm procrastinating college work have all this free time rn to be making big posts like that.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:39 pm Secretly I think Sprit may be reading this game better than anyone else.

Or maybe that's not right. But I do think we've reached a critical mass of town clears for such a large game. Red lights are flashing. A breach has occurred in the outer perimeter. The wolves are in.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not convinced the happy bouncy totes adorbs crew of Ali-Hally-Tutuu-friend is entirely clean, or maybe rather that the Just-ted-yos getting pushed are anything but independent townies getting boxed out into mischop territory, but also it's too early to worry about such things and I really just want to put these words on record for future cred.

I think I'm supposed to be good at this game but sometimes I wonder who decided that.
Eh. I had a towncore of a quarter of the game on D2 in amdibals and all of it was right. Sometimes it really is too good to be true. Not saying there's for sure 0 wolves in my townreads but I'm pretty confident there's 0 wolves in my super town column at least.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:50 pm @Justplayingitcool [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

Happy now? :meany:
popcorn.gif
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Master Radishes »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:49 pm I take back what I said about sprit reading the game correctly.
Is it because you're Master Bran Flakes now?
I love bran flakes!

Nah I love the effort, and I think you built a good case. I just think it's predicated too heavily on making her posts fit a narrative you've gotten into your head.

I'm not closing the door in Alison being a wolf, but I'm definitely not ready to go there yet. Not on D1.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:53 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:49 pm I take back what I said about sprit reading the game correctly.
I love bran flakes!

Nah I love the effort, and I think you built a good case. I just think it's predicated too heavily on making her posts fit a narrative you've gotten into your head.

I'm not closing the door in Alison being a wolf, but I'm definitely not ready to go there yet. Not on D1.
I'm more so pointing out the logic in this and that it highly fits a wolf pattern. I would need Alison to banter with me some more and prove that she actually has a reasoning to her logic.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

mmm skimmed sprit's post. Alison has deepwolfed me successfully before and my general view of her meta is that she's just so skilled that it's near impossible to distinguish, but I've already mindmelded with her a couple times so I'm reasonably comfortable calling her town for day 1 at least. I'm not locking her in like some people seem to, will definitely have paranoia on her later but I'm not feeling much of a case there rn
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:06 am Avocados:

1. Alison
2. ColinIsCool
7. Hally
10. Long Con
14. Nutella
17. Samusamu
21. Timsup2nothin

The aforementioned list are the people that if they are town are now obliged to play specifically to get mafia night killed. Please oblige. If your name is here, you have to be so intense and bleeding town that the mafia fear kill you. If you are on this list because you've yet to post please ping me when you read this.

Here are the best and most towns:

12. Master Radishes, you are Philamander, the Obsequious Porcupine. You are in charge of organising the canapes.
15. Oddmerta, you are the Hungtrove, the Beast of the Great Forest of Wally. You have to buy a boat.
22. tutuu, you are Jamilla, the Friendly Cloud. Your job is to pocket me and win this game as mafia for your own self confidence.

I of course am Josephus, the Avatar of Town's Defeat. My job is to solve the game on my own.

If you are on this list is means you are lock town to me and can do whatever you want (preferably just sheep me or make cases so good I sheep you).

Here are the people we should make fight for our amusement day 1 ie. scumreads:

3. DrWilgy
4. dyachei
6. Fallen Prince
9. Justplayingitcool
18. sprityo
20. tedxtr

If your name is not on this list then it just means I think you're probably town but not as town as my three fabulous friends.
Sure, first time seeing the concept avocado, but like it.

Probably i will steal it to my community.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Does sprityo have the sheer cojones to hard thunderdome consensus town when under pressure as wolf?

I think no.

Does sprityo have the desperation required to hard thunderdome consensus town when under pressure as wolf?

...maybe? But it would be a weird time to do it now, and not while Mac was calling him out.

IME big ass walls filled with quotes and line by line analysis occur when someone really wants someone else killed and wants to get everyone else on board for real. Hard to see wolf sprityo picking me as the D1 misexe. It would be more on brand for him to try to throw someone else under the bus and float to the top of the POE.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 pm mmm skimmed sprit's post. Alison has deepwolfed me successfully before and my general view of her meta is that she's just so skilled that it's near impossible to distinguish, but I've already mindmelded with her a couple times so I'm reasonably comfortable calling her town for day 1 at least. I'm not locking her in like some people seem to, will definitely have paranoia on her later but I'm not feeling much of a case there rn
You're going to tinfoil a dead corpse? Interesting strategy.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:55 pm
I love bran flakes!

I'm more so pointing out the logic in this and that it highly fits a wolf pattern. I would need Alison to banter with me some more and prove that she actually has a reasoning to her logic.
That's just how Alison is re: logic, think it's totally NAI for her even if it appears to "fit a wolf pattern"
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:10 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:06 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:59 am Mac, those that entered talking about RadioHead are scum and ted? Why?
My first thought was DrWilgy is town for actually paying attention to Mac's reads

Second thought was DrWilgy is mafia for
.. actually paying attention to Mac's reads

Im conclusion DrWilgy is town or mafia or 3p imo
Well in fairness he was my first one, so it makes sense that he'd pay attention to the rest of the them in real time to try to ascertain whether I am scum reading him or making it up. Also Wilgy has made some changes to his play based on the last game so I don't trust any meta I have that says that he's scummy when he tries cuz it was wrong last time.

Maybe I should just make him an avocado too.
Was townreading u, but this is a not conclusive post that i dont really like.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I love bran flakes!

Gotcha. I agree it could fit a wolf pattern. I'd also add, in the interest of encouraging spicy banner, that though I've never seen her scum I'm pretty sure Alison has said before that she believes in powerwolfing, or at least doesn't admire passive wolf play.

Now fight fight fight.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:58 pm
I love bran flakes!

That's just how Alison is re: logic, think it's totally NAI for her even if it appears to "fit a wolf pattern"
You think my logic fits a wolf pattern as both alignments? Or that it's easy to scumread? I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:59 pm Gotcha. I agree it could fit a wolf pattern. I'd also add, in the interest of encouraging spicy banner, that though I've never seen her scum I'm pretty sure Alison has said before that she believes in powerwolfing, or at least doesn't admire passive wolf play.

Now fight fight fight.
I think I powerwolf like 80% of the time as wolf but I definitely don't look down on passive wolf play, I don't know where you heard this, maybe something was taken out of context or a sarcastic statement was tonally misinterpreted. I've said on multiple occasions, for instance, that I consider myself to fairly pragmatic and I'll do whatever I think gives me the best chances of victory. In the deepwolf game nutella was referencing I strategically slanked on multiple occasions.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Okay, samu is not the powerwolf Radiohead mafia deserves. So pure. Lock town
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:58 pm
I love bran flakes!

You think my logic fits a wolf pattern as both alignments? Or that it's easy to scumread? I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
Like you follow similar logical processes as both alignments in my experience
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:02 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:59 pm Gotcha. I agree it could fit a wolf pattern. I'd also add, in the interest of encouraging spicy banner, that though I've never seen her scum I'm pretty sure Alison has said before that she believes in powerwolfing, or at least doesn't admire passive wolf play.

Now fight fight fight.
I think I powerwolf like 80% of the time as wolf but I definitely don't look down on passive wolf play, I don't know where you heard this, maybe something was taken out of context or a sarcastic statement was tonally misinterpreted. I've said on multiple occasions, for instance, that I consider myself to fairly pragmatic and I'll do whatever I think gives me the best chances of victory. In the deepwolf game nutella was referencing I strategically slanked on multiple occasions.
Meh, I'm going off impressions from various convos on Discord. Too lazy to check my references.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I looked at sprityo's wall to see what all this "scummy logic" stuff was about and the criticism of my case boils down to four main ideas. Here is my response to each of them.

- You flipped your read on me too quickly!

I do that sometimes.

- You're trying to make me look bad!

I often do that to people I scumread, so that other people will vote them.

- You're trying to pocket JPIC!

He's literally in my bottom 2 POE.

- You said you were sheeping ___ for reads, but later on you didn't!

When I say I'm sheeping someone, that doesn't mean I'm copying every word of their readslist.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:03 pm Like you follow similar logical processes as both alignments in my experience
Well yes, it would make it a bit too easy if I didn't, wouldn't it?
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:30 am Town
Tutuu
MacDougall
OddMerta
MasterRadishes (sheeping Mac)

Towny (attempt to toneread, low confidence)
Dyachei
Hally
Nutella

Re: Wilgy: I dunno. They could be town who disagrees with me or something, they could be mafia, like, it would be reaching too thin if I try to force a read here just cuz u ask me MacDougall-sama. Sorry!

I wanted to gut townread Dizzy and Tim too but I think it's cuz I like them and I wanna reach a bit more than I should. It's like, a bias that u have to keep in mind. Not blindly townread ur friends. (Obviously not to say the ppl I chose to gut townread aren't my friends! I just meant there is a bit more juice on there, imo!)
Do usually do visceral reads?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I am really not feeling the strong townread of Radish yet but I have a notoriously poor record of reading him so maybe I should just sheep it?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

catching up rn
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:38 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:26 am I am 17% too town right now for the town to win this game.

Hey @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME you're mafia.
I wish that would be dope, I could sit in scum chat and meme all game

Instead I have to meme with you fuckers instead until I get miskilled
You're mafia because you are more at risk of endgaming as town than getting miskilled and you know it
Hey, you were saying this serious?

🌚
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:09 pm I am really not feeling the strong townread of Radish yet but I have a notoriously poor record of reading him so maybe I should just sheep it?
If you're going to sheep any of my reads, sheep the Radish read. (All of my other confident reads are stuff you'll get to eventually or from other sources.) He has good tone. He has just the right mixture of paranoia and hesitation that is really hard to fake. (He was paranoid of the rapidly forming towncore, but didn't try to undermine it.) He's been sticking to the plan and trying to carve out a space for himself in the town and find people he can trust, while sending out probes to other players to test them gently. He has no agenda other than to chill and see what happens and see who he can work with. This man is town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:02 pm Okay, samu is not the powerwolf Radiohead mafia deserves. So pure. Lock town
I'm ambivalent on Samu. He seems to be approaching this game in a very blunt way, which is >rand town in my experience. But I also don't like the way he throws out reads like they're obligatory rituals he has to do, without real conviction in them or followup. I could just be biasing the latter because he's halfway through catchup and doesn't have much chance to do a followup though. But compare to eg. Hally's read progressions/convictions during her catchup.
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:40 am So avocados are scumreads
Wow, tell me more 🌚..

Lets play a game with me:

who good player would you protect in this game right now if u can?

Who good player would you kill in thi......?

Who good player would you investigate in thi...?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 pm Does sprityo have the sheer cojones to hard thunderdome consensus town when under pressure as wolf?

I think no.

Does sprityo have the desperation required to hard thunderdome consensus town when under pressure as wolf?

...maybe? But it would be a weird time to do it now, and not while Mac was calling him out.

IME big ass walls filled with quotes and line by line analysis occur when someone really wants someone else killed and wants to get everyone else on board for real. Hard to see wolf sprityo picking me as the D1 misexe. It would be more on brand for him to try to throw someone else under the bus and float to the top of the POE.
Would you at least engage me directly. No pondering about what I would do. Especially when you really don't know what I do
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:13 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:09 pm I am really not feeling the strong townread of Radish yet but I have a notoriously poor record of reading him so maybe I should just sheep it?
If you're going to sheep any of my reads, sheep the Radish read. (All of my other confident reads are stuff you'll get to eventually or from other sources.) He has good tone. He has just the right mixture of paranoia and hesitation that is really hard to fake. (He was paranoid of the rapidly forming towncore, but didn't try to undermine it.) He's been sticking to the plan and trying to carve out a space for himself in the town and find people he can trust, while sending out probes to other players to test them gently. He has no agenda other than to chill and see what happens and see who he can work with. This man is town.
hm ok

I'll take a look at his iso to cross check these things because I didn't think anything from him really stood out as townie mindset but maybe I just glossed over it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Samusamu »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:58 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:49 pm what did I just read?
You know what you read. It was beautiful and filled me with a feeling... A feeling I hadn't felt in some while.
Ah sorry I misread you. I thought you were mafia, but it actually appears that you are in fact town

Therefore given you and Dizzy both scumread Nutella, and I am avocado reading her. Means she probably is actually mafia.
What is the criterion for this?

Also not seing nutella doing scumhunt.
Alison

Post by Alison »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:18 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 pm Does sprityo have the sheer cojones to hard thunderdome consensus town when under pressure as wolf?

I think no.

Would you at least engage me directly. No pondering about what I would do. Especially when you really don't know what I do
I mean, if I ask you "are you town when you do this" you're going to say yes. I'm never going to convince you to admit that you have a wolf role PM. I'm thinking out loud in the presence of nutella and Radish in the hope that they have something to add or some comment to make about this idea. Logically speaking you're going to argue that it's townie for you to do regardless of your alignment so it doesn't give me any extra information. If you have a really important point to make that you think I should know you can just quote the post and tell me and I'll read it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh right he did go against the grain with a tutuu scumread. other than that his iso is mostly jokey/fluff so far
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:06 pm I looked at sprityo's wall to see what all this "scummy logic" stuff was about and the criticism of my case boils down to four main ideas. Here is my response to each of them.

- You flipped your read on me too quickly!

I do that sometimes.

- You're trying to make me look bad!

I often do that to people I scumread, so that other people will vote them.

- You're trying to pocket JPIC!

He's literally in my bottom 2 POE.

- You said you were sheeping ___ for reads, but later on you didn't!

When I say I'm sheeping someone, that doesn't mean I'm copying every word of their readslist.
The exclamation points are unnecessary. I'm not some shrill crybaby. You still havent addressed not having any backing to your reads or points. especially me
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:21 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:13 pm
hm ok

I'll take a look at his iso to cross check these things because I didn't think anything from him really stood out as townie mindset but maybe I just glossed over it
There's the townie that just bleeds towniness all over the place and makes it really hard to ignore them, and then there's the townie that is kind of quiet and in the background but when you look at their posting it's hard to see how any of those posts come from someone pushing a wolfy agenda. Radish is the latter.

Oops, I'm being longwinded again. Ahem.

Some townies are super town. Some townies are lowkey town, but still really town. You didn't see Radish before because he's lowkey, but if you look, he's really town.
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 am I think I agree with most of those, maybe not as strong on Herm or Radish but the rest seem pretty legit
Oportunistic and easy way to do a townreading.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

I am off to bed. I hope you will give me the courtesy to reserve 1610 for when I come back
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:22 am
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 am Alright, I've decided I'm not going to get misexed again. Wolves, I hope you have your finger on the trigger to gun me down, because you sure as hell aren't getting rid of me any way else. I've worked hard to clear up my IRL distractions so I can focus on this game, and my WIM is pretty damn high right now.

Let's start with some raw facts.

The following players are town: DrWilgy, Dyslexicon, Hally, Herm, MacDougall, Master Radishes, Oddmerta, Poison Chan, sprityo, SPF and tutuu. You might be asking yourself how I've managed to confirm 10 people as town in 6 pages. If so, you didn't read the game. If you're skeptical about my reads, remember that in nearly half a dozen games on the Syndicate, I've only towncored 1 person wrong, ever. When I get killed N1 for my reads, remember this post and trust everyone I said to trust.
Yes, yes, maybe, yes, yes, yes, yes, maybe, no, maybe, yes

Pretty decent effort
Can u repeat this but actualizing to compare your thougths when i up?
Alison

Post by Alison »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:23 pm The exclamation points are unnecessary. I'm not some shrill crybaby. You still havent addressed not having any backing to your reads or points. especially me
It's not clear to me what kind of backing you're looking for. Do you want quotes? Links? Academic citations? When I say "sprityo did this" or "sprityo did that" I assume you know what I'm talking about. If you have some specific point I made that you want me to back up, tell me which ones.

Here's the cliff's notes on my case on you.

a) MacDougall said you'd scumread him if you were town, but you refused to.
b) I think this is scummy.
c) Then, you redirected the conversation from you to JPIC.
d) I think this is you trying to goad Mac into attacking JPIC and either forgetting about the case on you, or townreading you for also scumreading JPIC.
e) I think this is scummy, too.

Feel free to specify a letter and why you don't think that point is adequately supported by logic and I'll get back to you on it.
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:27 am nutella is...

...probably town.

I think if I was scum here I'd be freaking out because half the playerlist has just confirmed themselves town and I have no viable misexes. I expect to see desperation and attempts to undermine the towncore, not an immediate response of "yeah I agree with most of these reads".

12 players confirmed, 10 to go.
This feels like a bait for me, do you actually still think the same?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by nutella »

Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:58 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:49 pm what did I just read?
You know what you read. It was beautiful and filled me with a feeling... A feeling I hadn't felt in some while.
Ah sorry I misread you. I thought you were mafia, but it actually appears that you are in fact town

Therefore given you and Dizzy both scumread Nutella, and I am avocado reading her. Means she probably is actually mafia.
What is the criterion for this?

Also not seing nutella doing scumhunt.
hi samu!

I've been mainly sorting out confident townreads to narrow it down
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:29 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:27 am nutella is...

...probably town.

I think if I was scum here I'd be freaking out because half the playerlist has just confirmed themselves town and I have no viable misexes. I expect to see desperation and attempts to undermine the towncore, not an immediate response of "yeah I agree with most of these reads".

12 players confirmed, 10 to go.
This feels like a bait for me, do you actually still think the same?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

It’s more than four hours and I’m still townreading sprit, wtf am I supposed to do with this
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 pm It’s more than four hours and I’m still townreading sprit, wtf am I supposed to do with this
what about trying to convince other people (specifically the people who scumread sprit) that sprit is town
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Apparently [mention]Long Con[/mention] is on the playerlist but hasn't posted :(
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:00 am I better hear a good damn reason why I am being scumread right now
The trend of this game is in townreading. So they are discarding and tunnelling against each other.

Is it annoying
staypositivefriend
Hitman

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 am
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 am Alright, I've decided I'm not going to get misexed again. Wolves, I hope you have your finger on the trigger to gun me down, because you sure as hell aren't getting rid of me any way else. I've worked hard to clear up my IRL distractions so I can focus on this game, and my WIM is pretty damn high right now.

Let's start with some raw facts.

The following players are town: DrWilgy, Dyslexicon, Hally, Herm, MacDougall, Master Radishes, Oddmerta, Poison Chan, sprityo, SPF and tutuu. You might be asking yourself how I've managed to confirm 10 people as town in 6 pages. If so, you didn't read the game. If you're skeptical about my reads, remember that in nearly half a dozen games on the Syndicate, I've only towncored 1 person wrong, ever. When I get killed N1 for my reads, remember this post and trust everyone I said to trust.
:ponder: Skeptical indeed.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 am Hey guys Sprityo and JPIC are naked mafia.
:shrug: When am I not mafia in your eyes Mac? At this point it's more of an inevitability you say something along those lines
i dont like spirityo playing off mac's fos on them by going: "you always sr me" instead of trying to engage with mac. this feels almost TMI-y in that spirit is replying to mac like they think mac is definitely town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am I have a genuine townread of Sprit

Someone send help
why?
Hally wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:21 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 am hi! i wont be able to dig into this game until tomorrow but i expect my mafia partners to have swept by then
i’m working on it! currently trying to pocket tutuu, mac and alison. i think it’s going pretty good!
excellent job, partner!
tedxtr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:31 am @staypositivefriend hey frand was the tim read actually packing any heat or was it a tongue-in-cheek read

I am willing to support you on that train if you were actually serious
it was partially serious but i dont have enough to substantiate it yet

why do u sr him?
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:28 pm not to community bash but mafia scum was one of the more unenjoyable mafia communities ive been at. epic mafia still probably worse for me but i remember this one dude from ms who was playing with me in a newbie game (he was the experienced player) who told me im delusional cuz i made a readslist with everyone included on day 1. "wow ur actually so delusional to think that u can solve the game d1" yeah man great thing to say to an enthusiastic player trying to learn the game
as someone from epicmafia i can confirm that it's nearly as terrible as mafiascum
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:31 pm Yeah Hally my general point is that it's very easy to feel intimidated as wolf and just lowpost when you see town have this much energy and make reads at so rapid a pace. And it wouldn't even be wrong because one of the best strategies to combat a bunch of town finding each other early on is to just do nothing, let the game stagnate as they pick off the active posters in the POE first because of recency bias and then fall apart into squabbling because they start to suspect a deepwolf amongst themselves and nobody wants to be the one to say "okay, let's gun down the afks". That's one of the best ways to beat a pure towncore that finds itself very early, so I'm comfortable with saying "maybe the mafia are just all in the lurkers".
town
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:31 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:48 am I wasn't gonna post this after Alison chose the good approach, but I'm deciding to keep that line in this spoiler just in case it helps her in future games, maybe it will help.

it's like scattered thoughts, maybe it helps people see where I'm at or something, just jotted down things I think about
I thought tutuu's backlash at me was pretty whatever, looked like a slip at first but town do dumb stuff all the time, especially when they misunderstand things.

It's pretty uncharacteristic of her but I'll pass it off as an issue outside the game.

Alison's sluggish push on me is annoying but not really AI I think. If I were to say anything wise, I'd say if you were going to go for a PoE approach as you call it and solve the game as if only 10 people are playing it, you're kinda doing it wrong.

Also remember that I have a temper and we both have a pretty high chance of being town and you're doing nothing by discouraging me from posting, apart from making me not want to post myself clear and hating my villa team and then probably you're the one that's gonna call that out post-game anyway despite actively working against your wincon.

You aren't getting anything AI worth when you make comments like "I can never get to town on ted if he posts like this". You're only setting the grounds for a fight out of which I'm probably gonna come as clean as a soap bar and the fact that I didn't take that opportunity should tell you that I'm town here. If you're genuinely interested in discerning my AI, wait for more posts or ask me about specific posts. Otherwise you're doing nothing but picking fights and those fights rarely end up in a reliable read.

Tim and Odd's brawl felt kind of squint.gif, both sides ended up kinda looking elsewhere after the fact, it felt weird. I thought Tim's posts aren't AI at all and his push on Odd specifically isn't, I think him as a wolf would know what happened the last time he got into a brawl and I heard he thrives in tunnels either way + the context of the push was literally the same as his last villager game. I'll take it a step further and actually note that I didn't really like his position in the "war" - it felt like he was pushing Odd for something that looks scummy as opposed to something that actually made Odd more likely to flip scum, ergo, his insistence on why Odd wants me to respond to stuff. I struggle to buy the fact that you think that is gonna make him more likely to flip wolf and I think it was actually more of a pretext for getting into the tunnel itself and "looking good".

I will go over Tim's posts again and see if I buy into that, those are just my initial thoughts as I've seen them. My initial reactions to reading the whole thing as I remember them.

Odd's ISO was fine upon a glance but, as I said, it felt like he kind of wanted to pull a switcheroo for something that I still fail to comprehend but I'm waiting for a response.

On that note, I will say that I don't intend to engage with any of my wolf suspects - so please be respectful and don't throw a tantrum if I don't reply to your queries if I feel like they are agenda driven or you're just looking to pick a fight for the fun of it. My reads are my reads, if I get your feelings hurt by scum reading you then I'm sorry. If you're town then trust that I will calibrate my reads and if you're scum, I'm not gonna convince you that you have a wolf role PM so I just deem it a waste of time to directly engage with wolves, especially replying to their defence of potential cases. Just wanted to get that out of the way.
wew since when does ted write walls

this is either super town or super wolf lol
hedging. i do not like it
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

?

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 pm It’s more than four hours and I’m still townreading sprit, wtf am I supposed to do with this
what about trying to convince other people (specifically the people who scumread sprit) that sprit is town
Ok

Sprit is town

Are you convinced yet?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

early townreads are tutuu, alison, and oddmerta

early scumreads are nutella, tim, and spirit

about to do some work but ill be here ~in the moment~ this evening

Idk dude usually sprit is a hard read but this game he feels super townie to me

Especially his interaction with broseph earlier it just reeked of tired townieness

Return to “Previous Jobs”