Total votes: 39
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Herm »

Samu, old buddy, old friend.

Can you answer this questionaire for me?

1. Are you a wolf?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

2. Are you scum?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

3. Is Nanook scum?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] No Opinion

4. Is Nutella scum?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] No Opinion

5. Are you scum?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] No, I am the rogue
[ ] No Opinion

6. Am I scum?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] No Opinion
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Asked the same question twice! Opsies!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

lmao
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I had SPF/Hally as both town early but I haven’t seen Hally lately so my very smol brain is forgetting her
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 29

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:06 am Avocados:

1. Alison
2. ColinIsCool
7. Hally
10. Long Con
14. Nutella
17. Samusamu
21. Timsup2nothin

The aforementioned list are the people that if they are town are now obliged to play specifically to get mafia night killed. Please oblige. If your name is here, you have to be so intense and bleeding town that the mafia fear kill you. If you are on this list because you've yet to post please ping me when you read this.

Here are the best and most towns:

12. Master Radishes, you are Philamander, the Obsequious Porcupine. You are in charge of organising the canapes.
15. Oddmerta, you are the Hungtrove, the Beast of the Great Forest of Wally. You have to buy a boat.
22. tutuu, you are Jamilla, the Friendly Cloud. Your job is to pocket me and win this game as mafia for your own self confidence.

I of course am Josephus, the Avatar of Town's Defeat. My job is to solve the game on my own.

If you are on this list is means you are lock town to me and can do whatever you want (preferably just sheep me or make cases so good I sheep you).

Here are the people we should make fight for our amusement day 1 ie. scumreads:

3. DrWilgy
4. dyachei
6. Fallen Prince
9. Justplayingitcool
18. sprityo
20. tedxtr

If your name is not on this list then it just means I think you're probably town but not as town as my three fabulous friends.
K
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 am hi! i wont be able to dig into this game until tomorrow but i expect my mafia partners to have swept by then
Open wolfing
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Current opinion on MacDougal. Summary: Day one town lean, would not chop today but don't particularly trust
The flinging of first post reads is standard issue Mac, and NAI in itself.

The fact that he doesn't push the idea that his one post reads should be taken seriously bothers me. They are the bulk of his "work," and if he is left with the out that they are just one post reads he is really not on any sort of accountability hook. I think he does take them seriously and wants them taken seriously, so not stressing that may be intentionally leaving himself the out.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:16 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:40 am So avocados are scumreads
Wow, tell me more 🌚..

Lets play a game with me:

who good player would you protect in this game right now if u can?

Who good player would you kill in thi......?

Who good player would you investigate in thi...?
I would protect Hally

I would kill Justplayingitcool

I would investgate staypositivefriend
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Here are some reasons for my town reads:

Mac -
- I liked his thought about Tim not pandering to him thus making Tim town. p#296
- Liked his "energy" town read on Dizzy p#297 and his town read on Wilgy for his response to tutuus fan fiction p#299
- Agrees with most but not all Alison's reads p#309 - doesn't just sheep her not taking the lazy way out
- Already quoted the ted read I thought was insightful even tho I've since backed off of ted a bit

Dizzy -
Dizzy I town read purely off his towny energy in really everything he's posted. He seems up front and honest about the fact he's going to slank this game as he's saving his himself for champs finals. (If I am wrong about my read Hally will correct me if she's town because she knows Dizzy's game. Also worth watching how Dizzy reads Hally for the same reason.) I will not be surprised if town Dizzy stops slacking as he becomes more invested in the game.

Sprityo -
I find that sprityo often has reads I disagree with early in the game when he's town and/or is kind of wacky and he has a devil may care attitude. He seems to indicate he's skeptical of Alison's town reads in p#550 even tho she named him as town. Next post tho he mind melds with her when she says he doesn't care that he's being scum read (I agree with her read here, he seems not to care). Then in p#582 he votes JPIC, then considers isoing him to see if he's scummy but ultimately decides he'll just sheep and slank. That's the town sprityo I know.

tutuu -
Explodes with town energy right out of the shoot and keeps it going right through the time she leaves. Tells a fun fan-fiction story - is this something a wolf would do? Early town read on Mac which I came to agree with her on. Adds Oddmerta who I am starting to lean town on. Ice cream flavors matched with players - again, is this something a wolf would do?

I'll be out of the thread for a little while but back tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:27 am
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:23 am
Hally wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:19 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:04 am i wanted to distance from my scum buddy JPIC by starting a wagon on them, but as soon as mac dougall joined me i swiftly changed my vote to fallen prince to avoid putting too much pressure on my buddy

but its too late, i am now cornered into hard bussing JPIC. my only saving grace is to make this WIFOM post and pretend im being sarcastic when i am in fact telling the truth about whats going on!
if anyone doesn’t have tutuu as lock town by the time i finish catching up you’re mafia :p
yes me. I don't understand why is she so towny? is this meta? Idk I find her tone a bit fabricated or way too sweet?
Tutuu is town because they had a prior townread on me and I am trying to pocket
Psyduck, you openpocketing for what reason?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh [mention]nutella[/mention] I almost forgot I wanted to ask you why you are scum reading me?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:33 pm Current opinion on Oddmerta. Summary: Day one wolf lean, would chop
ISO consists of nothing but reactionary posts and nonsense.

Uses day zero fluff to slide in. Seriously, "hey Hally, they might be open wolfing just to trick you" is mostly ridiculous. Taking that whole exchange as any sort of serious indicator is beyond reach but can be looked at as having something safe to talk about.

Builds onto that with the safe site mechanics "help me with my avatar."

Continues easy road challenging Mac when he reads me town. Continuing a policy of "pick a joke to take seriously as basis for a "read."

Never actually gives much of an opinion on anyone but me other than in relation to me; like he draws on Ted a lot after I compare him to Ted.

Finally challenged directly with "those were just jokes" by Tutuu he just dips.

There is really nothing towny here.
This is pretty wrong, "I build onto that with safe site mechanics", somehow implying that my opening post came after my other posts

Challenged by tutuu and dips? I responded to said "challenge" and then went to sleep.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Current opinion on Master Radishes. Summary: Day one town, will carry forward probably
A sparse ISO with limited reads, but...

Shows up as fearless regarding possible wolf reads, even by players who may be of significant influence.

Open claims that slanking is working. Drawing attention there is pretty brazen if wolf.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Townread on Jules confirmed
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 231

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:54 pm Oh @nutella I almost forgot I wanted to ask you why you are scum reading me?
the slot you replaced had been fairly scummy by default, and your posts so far haven't inspired me. I kind of feel like your list of townreads (and now explanations for them) could be on the forced side and your tone is sort of stilted -- I always have trouble reading you on tone though. watching for more from you
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:33 pm Current opinion on Oddmerta. Summary: Day one wolf lean, would chop

Uses day zero fluff to slide in. Seriously, "hey Hally, they might be open wolfing just to trick you" is mostly ridiculous. Taking that whole exchange as any sort of serious indicator is beyond reach but can be looked at as having something safe to talk about.

Continues easy road challenging Mac when he reads me town. Continuing a policy of "pick a joke to take seriously as basis for a "read."

Never actually gives much of an opinion on anyone but me other than in relation to me; like he draws on Ted a lot after I compare him to Ted.

This is pretty wrong, "I build onto that with safe site mechanics", somehow implying that my opening post came after my other posts

Challenged by tutuu and dips? I responded to said "challenge" and then went to sleep.
Like spec chat, I have been wrong before, and will be again. Just so you know where you stand "wolf lean, would chop" means that I have no intentions about pushing your wagon myself. I won't oppose it, or hesitate to leave my vote on it, but if there is a mob with torches and pitchforks coming for you I won't be leading it. Rather than focusing on what you claim is "wrong," I suggest you do something about the parts that are glaringly right before anyone else notices...

For example, develop some reads on...well...anyone but me.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Current opinion on Tutuu. Summary: Day one pass, will fight for
A'ight, I didn't actually do this ISO

Tutuu is just tstbaw (s=sweet) and since I do not anticipate any sort of effort being made to chop her and know that I want no part of such I'm just issuing a pass here.
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] why would you rescind your town read on me?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 pm

Like spec chat, I have been wrong before, and will be again. Just so you know where you stand "wolf lean, would chop" means that I have no intentions about pushing your wagon myself. I won't oppose it, or hesitate to leave my vote on it, but if there is a mob with torches and pitchforks coming for you I won't be leading it. Rather than focusing on what you claim is "wrong," I suggest you do something about the parts that are glaringly right before anyone else notices...

For example, develop some reads on...well...anyone but me.
Sorry but I won't be directed by my main scmread
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 pm i think i saw colin. and then I don't see him anymore.
Yup
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Herm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:45 pm I think some wolves/scum are going to push afk/inactive people early on in the game.

They always end up as easy alternatives.
Yup
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:05 pm I hope to see something from colin when I'm back. Too early to form a read but idk intuition says they might be scum?
How in the world could you possibly have “intuition” telling you anything about me with nearly zero posts
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Current opinion on Poison. Summary: Day one slight town lean, would probably not chop
ISO is very upbeat, but lacks content

I like to think that Poison would be less upbeat if wolf, but that would be disrespectful, particularly since I have not seen her wolf

Too much of a bright spot to chop immediately I think, but if someone makes a case maybe
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

i am reading the ISO of everyone here and giving my short thoughts. to keep it interesting, i will out a GTH read on every player i ISO

alison - good vibes. good reads. confident and assertive without being reckless. gth town

coliniscool - good luck on your new job. you have no content. gth town for calling me open scum, i guess

drwilgy - playing very loosely. hard to tell what his thought process is. i like his response to alison's pressure in this post:
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:53 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 pm From where I'm at (page 8) tutuu's feels more content forcing than genuine generation that I saw in the last game. Mac doesn't have the same tang.

Yours feels different from Hally's as well.

Why Mac and Hally specifically?
Because Mac and Hally townread us?

Like surely if you think Mac and Hally are obvtown and both of them are telling you that tutuu/Alison are obvtown, you should pay a little attention to it unless you think they're awful at reading us, which they aren't.
I have quite abit of experience with Mac being incorrect.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not ignoring their reads, but I'm not going to be swayed away from my own reads without proper reason.

Even now Hally has made me feel better about Tutuu.

I must say, I dislike your opposition to differing opinions here. It feels like you are invalidating mine by means of reads of others. In a world where the others are also town, are our reads not all of equal value?
it's notable that drwilgy's motivation here isn't to discredit alison for attacking him - it's to defend the validity of his own reads. i like that he's standing his ground without overreacting or making it into something bigger. gth town

dyachei - asks a bunch of softball questions and then outs a list of reads. i have no idea how they went from point A to point B with their thought process. i liked their thoughtful reply to alison's sr on samu. gth town

Dyslexicon - openly not reading the game. my initial thought is that dys scum would probably be trying to assert their presence more instead of openly declaring that they have no intent to try. the laziness might point to them being town. gth town

fallenprince - no content

hally - this is the initial post from hally that pinged me:
Hally wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:15 am im blindly sheeping mac, alison and tutuu this game. they will lead us to the promised land
it felt like hally's focus was to get themselves integrated into the townbloc & pocket them as opposed to genuinely scumhunting. i did not like how quickly hally townread the main people who were asserting their presence

but their iso isn't as bad as i remember it being - their read on tutuu actually seems pretty genuine and i liked their thoughts about me. maybe gth town

herm - not much substance yet. i am whelmed. gth town though

justplayingitcool - big reaction to being sr'd early in the game. from then, their tone became incredibly casual and relaxed. their casual tone does not align with their stressed out reaction to being scumread at the beginning of the game. gth scum

long con - hasn't posted

MacDougall - confident tone while being coy about his thought process. at the very least, i feel that there are gears turning in macdougall's head. his solving does not strike me as fake so far and i like his pressure on justplayingitcool. gth town

master radishes - i do not like any of his posts. reads align with the consensus. boring. gth scum

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - likes lobster biqsue. lock town. i like that they are actively rejecting opportunities to become a de-facto leader of the game. gth town

nutella - this might just be a playstyle difference but i have not loved her reads or her tone yet. a lot of her posts feel hedgy. i don't always see how she goes from point a to point b in her reads. eh. gth scum

odmderta - i do not like his reads but i think his reads are genuine. gth town

poison chan - i like her energy and her inquisitiveness. only concern is that she is being overly diplomatic. gth town

Samusamu - theyve said a lot but have concluded very little. waiting for them to post more content before i make a decision. gth scum because i feel that they're struggling to integrate themselves into the game a bit

sprityo - awkward reaction to mac's push. i like their follow up reads a little bit but nothing has stood out to me much. gth scum

tedxtr - "i am playing scummy on purpose" felt a little fake to me but i like their frustration and their change in tone since that point. i also kind of tr their push on me. gth town i guess

Timsup2nothin - it was kind of scummy when he asked me why he would sheep my avatar reads when those reads were clearly not serious. his tone feels overly concerned with how people are perceiving him but i do like his more recent analysis. gth scum

tutuu - locktown because of the chika avi. i also think her frustration with ted + her subsequent tr on him felt really genuine. gth town
staypositivefriend
Hitman

just realized that juliet replaced into fallen prince. i would gth scumread her and i dont feel like explaining why rn
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:49 pm I take back what I said about sprit reading the game correctly.
He is town tho
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I am caught up and I have like zero confident reads lol
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Okey, page 15.

And u guys will know a new term, the "samulist"

A samulist is a list where 50% of player are antitown. Easy to learn dont think :)

So between justolayingitcool, poison, macdougall and nutella have to at least two antitown if not, then I'll make a fool of myself again in an English game, and I'll have to stop bragging about the readings I do in my native language and learn to play like an avocado? Meh, I'd rather go for the glory.

Justplaying isnt genuine, acting like doenst care and have some red noob mafia tipical flags.

Poison is fluffing too.much and only going for some scumhunting when being pressured, also doing too much pocketing between fluffy post.

Nutella seems oportunistic and not to much focused in scumreading.

Macdougall is my gut read, also dont liking the momentum of how he change between active and reactive, rethinking probably is the deepwolf i can read in this game, cant buy the pointed post meanwhile being up. Is still probably he being the rogue cause i can see nutella, poison and justplayingitcol as budies together in some way but not with macdougall. So rogue or deepwolf can explain my gut read.

If someone ask me.to.forget these four player probably a will look into tim and drwilgy as prob mafias.

There are a group of nai at this moment like, herm, collin, dyslexicon, fallen... Probably i'm forgetting someone

Latest post of oddmerta let me some.good vibes, weaktown. Also want to interact with him

Staypositivefriend is between null to scum and scum to null.for moments, like some post can.be genuine and others oportunistic, i think i pointed some of the oportunistics ones.

Alise is going to hard with de towncore to be deepwolfing, also like hally in that core both are town read, but i have to say that the tuutuu early game was better than the last relaxed post in these pages weak town read.

Nanook, ted and spirityo are locktown for me for momentum Pressure and how nobody disagree A lot of vague arguments.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: alison] aubergine sorry pal but I gotta sheep sprit
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm [VOTE: alison] aubergine sorry pal but I gotta sheep sprit
Noted
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:50 pm Current opinion on MacDougal. Summary: Day one town lean, would not chop today but don't particularly trust
The flinging of first post reads is standard issue Mac, and NAI in itself.

The fact that he doesn't push the idea that his one post reads should be taken seriously bothers me. They are the bulk of his "work," and if he is left with the out that they are just one post reads he is really not on any sort of accountability hook. I think he does take them seriously and wants them taken seriously, so not stressing that may be intentionally leaving himself the out.
I appreciate this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:10 pm @MacDougall why would you rescind your town read on me?
It was based on your first post and I have seen nothing subsequent to that post that warrants you being a named lock clear.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:39 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm [VOTE: alison] aubergine sorry pal but I gotta sheep sprit
Noted
I note your note.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why would one rescind ones town read on someone ... except for the reason that one is no longer town reading that someone. What a probing question you have posed me Oddmerta. These kinda of questions are sure and for certain going to lure the scum out of their hellholes. Great!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm Okey, page 15.

And u guys will know a new term, the "samulist"

A samulist is a list where 50% of player are antitown. Easy to learn dont think :)

So between justolayingitcool, poison, macdougall and nutella have to at least two antitown if not, then I'll make a fool of myself again in an English game, and I'll have to stop bragging about the readings I do in my native language and learn to play like an avocado? Meh, I'd rather go for the glory.

Justplaying isnt genuine, acting like doenst care and have some red noob mafia tipical flags.

Poison is fluffing too.much and only going for some scumhunting when being pressured, also doing too much pocketing between fluffy post.

Nutella seems oportunistic and not to much focused in scumreading.

Macdougall is my gut read, also dont liking the momentum of how he change between active and reactive, rethinking probably is the deepwolf i can read in this game, cant buy the pointed post meanwhile being up. Is still probably he being the rogue cause i can see nutella, poison and justplayingitcol as budies together in some way but not with macdougall. So rogue or deepwolf can explain my gut read.

If someone ask me.to.forget these four player probably a will look into tim and drwilgy as prob mafias.

There are a group of nai at this moment like, herm, collin, dyslexicon, fallen... Probably i'm forgetting someone

Latest post of oddmerta let me some.good vibes, weaktown. Also want to interact with him

Staypositivefriend is between null to scum and scum to null.for moments, like some post can.be genuine and others oportunistic, i think i pointed some of the oportunistics ones.

Alise is going to hard with de towncore to be deepwolfing, also like hally in that core both are town read, but i have to say that the tuutuu early game was better than the last relaxed post in these pages weak town read.

Nanook, ted and spirityo are locktown for me for momentum Pressure and how nobody disagree A lot of vague arguments.
We are reading the game extremely differently however I think you are town and it would be good if we could align. It is unfortunate that you have no meta on me and you happen to be an independent thinker. It's a bad combination that generally leads to wrongly tunneling me while others are just reading me "oh that's just Mac".
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:05 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:00 pm
Hally wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:34 am
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:05 am I cannot believe how my mood matches my avatar! I'm gonna take a little walk.
are you someone who likes being town or scum more? i forget
I love being town ! as scum I get either bussed day 1 or get carried. i think my meta can be well explained by @tedxtr if you want. I don't think you should trust someone's self meta?
I have played mafia for more than a decade and I know of literally 2 players in all of my experience and history playing mafia who will intentionally lie about their self meta as scum in order to get an advantage. Everyone else was either too honorable to do it, or felt that they would be caught too easily from someone who has experience with them calling them out, or some paranoid townie doing a meta trawl.

(The funny part is, both players are in this game.)
🌚🌚🌚 Tell me more about this in a spoiler please.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 pm Why would one rescind ones town read on someone ... except for the reason that one is no longer town reading that someone. What a probing question you have posed me Oddmerta. These kinda of questions are sure and for certain going to lure the scum out of their hellholes. Great!
Your first response was fine, no need to be patronising
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm just realized that juliet replaced into fallen prince. i would gth scumread her and i dont feel like explaining why rn
I find it ironic that you would imply my town leans were no good without explanation yet you scum read me without explanation. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you're tired or have other things to do but I would appreciate some kind of explanation when you have time/energy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Colin, did I miss something? I see you're sheeping sprityo but isn't there anything about Alison you can point to and say scum?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm just realized that juliet replaced into fallen prince. i would gth scumread her and i dont feel like explaining why rn
I find it ironic that you would imply my town leans were no good without explanation yet you scum read me without explanation. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you're tired or have other things to do but I would appreciate some kind of explanation when you have time/energy.
yeah it's because i had just finished figuring out my reads on the other 20 players and i didn't feel like going back and figuring out why my gut pinged you as scum

looking back, it's because i felt that your tone coming into the game was overly diplomatic and overly cooperative. it felt like you were trying really hard not to step on anyones toes. looking at your iso, i don't find you as scummy as i initially did because it looks like a personality thing instead of an alignment thing
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:07 pm alright

town:
tutuu
mac
odd
alison
hally
JPIC
poison
tedxtr

towny:
drwilgy
dizzy
master radishes
nanook
timsup2nothing

dunno:
colin
dyachei
fallen prince
herm
long con
nutella
samusamu
spirityo
spf
I didnt expect less maybe u have to put herm as town to have alise happy 🌚 okey, i dont know how to be sarcastic in english.

Hoping to read in some point of the game the things u see to see drwilgy for example as a town, would be interesting.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like this list has high town equity and have seen significant self clearing posts from all of them:

Alison
Dyslexicon
Juliets
Hally
Master Radishes
Poison Chan
Samusamu
staypositivefriend
Timsup2nothin
tutuu

I think this list is probably town, but I have reservations:

DrWilgy - Specifically I cannot resolve some of the angles he's taken in the game, and DrWilgy appears to have finally regathered his wim from years gone by which makes him probably the best player in the entire game ergo foolish to ever trust.
dyachei - I cannot help but feel like they would have towncleared themselves to me if they were town. Have played the game quite myopically.
Herm - The ratio that is the frequency with which I have seen them post, or mentioned vs. the impact they have left on me leaves some to be desired. I would like to see some more reasoned perspectives.
Oddmerta - Despite early clears, appears to have been overwhelmed in a way that can be struggling to find legitimate pathways as mafia, or simply just town that is coasting on being largely townread.
sprityo - Has been scummy in their meta way but I feel they have been spewed clear through TMI.

This list is essentially pure null avocado assholes that should have their feet tickled until they show us their role cards:

ColinIsCool - I don't remember a thing.
Long Con - I can't recall them even posting.

This list is the current POE:

Justplayingitcool - Has been scummy since the start and done really nothing to warrant a clear besides lolcat. Clearing this guy for that behaviour is ridiculous.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Meta read. Hasn't been mindmelding. Hasn't been talking to me much at all. Feels like someone who is struggling to find legitimate paths to take.
nutella - Meta read. Hasn't been mindmelding. Ignoring the fact I am scumreading her (generally when I scum read her as town she gets mad and either omgussing me or calls me out for being a dumbass).
tedxtr
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 pm Why would one rescind ones town read on someone ... except for the reason that one is no longer town reading that someone. What a probing question you have posed me Oddmerta. These kinda of questions are sure and for certain going to lure the scum out of their hellholes. Great!
Your first response was fine, no need to be patronising
Lol you right I'm sorry.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm
Colin, did I miss something? I see you're sheeping sprityo but isn't there anything about Alison you can point to and say scum?
I want to trust Alison but she’s firmly in the can’t-ever-fully-trust camp for me unfortunately.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I forgot to write a thing for tedxtr because he was below the screen lol.

Tedxtr - Has felt off since the get go. I don't buy that he was playing scummy on purpose. If he was playing scummy on purpose why did he get upset for being scumread? Wouldn't that be the intention?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:48 pm
yeah it's because i had just finished figuring out my reads on the other 20 players and i didn't feel like going back and figuring out why my gut pinged you as scum

looking back, it's because i felt that your tone coming into the game was overly diplomatic and overly cooperative. it felt like you were trying really hard not to step on anyones toes. looking at your iso, i don't find you as scummy as i initially did because it looks like a personality thing instead of an alignment thing
Thanks for the explanation. It is a common suspicion of me so I do understand it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:54 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm
I want to trust Alison but she’s firmly in the can’t-ever-fully-trust camp for me unfortunately.
Strangely phrased sentence. It's like you are afraid of saying something too jarring like "I can never trust her" so you preface it with a lamentation to take the edge off. This is a mafia phrasing.
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Hally wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:23 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:40 am [Super Town]
Alison
Oddmerta
MacDougall
Master Radishes
tutuu
Timsup2nothin
Poison Chan
Hally

[Town]
Wilgy
Herm
nanook
nutella
tedxtr

[Whatever Hally reads them as]
Dizzy
SPF

[???]
Colin
dyachei
Fallen Prince
Long Con
Samusamu

[Mafia]
JPIC
sprityo

Slowly moving to the phase where the ??? is going to get renamed to "upper POE" and the Mafia section is going to get renamed to "lower POE" because I feel really good about these townreads and this towncore tbh
good list for now

at some point i’ll reread herm and nut to see if i agree there but i don’t remember feeling like they were towny
Genuine.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also think it's absolutely whack that Nanook has held the vote he cast on nutella and when I was reading that stupid soup conversation in realtime I felt like I was watching wolves yapping away together.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:57 pm I also think it's absolutely whack that Nanook has held the vote he cast on nutella and when I was reading that stupid soup conversation in realtime I felt like I was watching wolves yapping away together.
you scumread nutella as well though, right? why is it weird for nanook to be voting her?

Return to “Previous Jobs”