Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum
I have seen nothing from SPF recently that leaves me concerned. Why are you reading SPF as scum?
if i had a dayvig and i shot jpic rn and he flipped town would u still not scumread spf
No, I wouldn't scumread SPF more if JPIC flipped town.

What makes you think they have opposite alignments?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

well that was a while ago i decided to call u scum now cuz idk. i think jpic is town and u want my silly friend jpic dead and he town so maybe u mafia or somehging
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am What makes you think they have opposite alignments?
this wasnt implied by my post this is ur own thought not mine

i think jpic town and spf scum that all
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am well that was a while ago i decided to call u scum now cuz idk. i think jpic is town and u want my silly friend jpic dead and he town so maybe u mafia or somehging
buttt it's weird to me that your read on me boils down to: "i fos her because she's pushing on my tr" instead of engaging with my reasoning for sr'ing JPIC and figuring out if it's genuine

like surely u could understand why i find JPIC scummy even if u disagree instead of jumping to SR me for fos'ing JPIC
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:55 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am well that was a while ago i decided to call u scum now cuz idk. i think jpic is town and u want my silly friend jpic dead and he town so maybe u mafia or somehging
buttt it's weird to me that your read on me boils down to: "i fos her because she's pushing on my tr" instead of engaging with my reasoning for sr'ing JPIC and figuring out if it's genuine

like surely u could understand why i find JPIC scummy even if u disagree instead of jumping to SR me for fos'ing JPIC
i can understand finding jpic scummy on a level 1 mindset and sure that could be the correct midnset to have here and i could be silly but i also i dunno i was hoping spf would agree with me and find the guy as very slly and weird town or something on a lvl 2 mindset or smething (which could bew rong!)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:56 am

i can understand finding jpic scummy on a level 1 mindset and sure that could be the correct midnset to have here and i could be silly but i also i dunno i was hoping spf would agree with me and find the guy as very slly and weird town or something on a lvl 2 mindset or smething (which could bew rong!)
well there actually is a part of me that can easily see him being town considering that he's actively self-voting and purposefully playing in a way that will almost definitely get him lynched. i just find his actions/explanations bizarre
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:53 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am What makes you think they have opposite alignments?

Okay sure but why is SPF scum
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:28 am the "i was being sarcastic" defense from JPIC is weird, because the only thing he could be sarcastic about in that post is exaggerating how angry/aggressive he was

and if that's the case, it makes no sense for him to deny being aggressive, because he would surely understand how it came off that way

maybe im reading too much into a minor point but the train of thought from JPIC does not make sense to me
like u arent a newbie player, surely uve seen town do all kinda silly stuff, so why would u assume that jpic SURELY would understand how he comes off as and surely he has to be mafia rght

there is no reason to tinfoil or secondguess if hes a deeadweight town or anything, right?
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:58 am

well there actually is a part of me that can easily see him being town considering that he's actively self-voting and purposefully playing in a way that will almost definitely get him lynched. i just find his actions/explanations bizarre
I actually do not like the hedge here. And it doesn't make sense to townread someone for self voting and suiciding.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:58 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:28 am the "i was being sarcastic" defense from JPIC is weird, because the only thing he could be sarcastic about in that post is exaggerating how angry/aggressive he was

and if that's the case, it makes no sense for him to deny being aggressive, because he would surely understand how it came off that way

maybe im reading too much into a minor point but the train of thought from JPIC does not make sense to me
like u arent a newbie player, surely uve seen town do all kinda silly stuff, so why would u assume that jpic SURELY would understand how he comes off as and surely he has to be mafia rght

there is no reason to tinfoil or secondguess if hes a deeadweight town or anything, right?
i didnt say that he surely has to be mafia, but if he intentionally acted angry for the sake of a joke, then he would surely see how people would perceive him as angry, right? that's just a basic thought process that is contradicted by his explanation

me pointing out a contradiction in his logic doesn't = me saying that he's definitely mafia
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:58 am

cuz im paranoid of spf's scum game and i dont see her being obv town and i dont find myself nodding along as im reading her posts as i did in her 2 champs games and from my perception shes making simple reads and simple posts and idk maybe im expecting the impossible and im unfair but i think she mafia and kills ppl at night
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:00 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:58 am

I actually do not like the hedge here. And it doesn't make sense to townread someone for self voting and suiciding.
i would call it less of a hedge and more of me considering all the possibilities, but sure

i don't usually townread self-voting but it feels so counter intuitive to his win condition as mafia that it does make me less sure about him
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 am

i didnt say that he surely has to be mafia, but if he intentionally acted angry for the sake of a joke, then he would surely see how people would perceive him as angry, right? that's just a basic thought process that is contradicted by his explanation

me pointing out a contradiction in his logic doesn't = me saying that he's definitely mafia
i disagree!

"then he would surely see how people would perceive him as angry, right?"

i disagree

i think uve seen ur fair share of people who have inplexplainable actions and stuff

this is a simple assumption (that ur making) that i dont think u would make, i could be wrong
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:58 am

cuz im paranoid of spf's scum game and i dont see her being obv town and i dont find myself nodding along as im reading her posts as i did in her 2 champs games and from my perception shes making simple reads and simple posts and idk maybe im expecting the impossible and im unfair but i think she mafia and kills ppl at night
tbh tho if youre expecting me to bringing the same level of energy & analysis to this game that i brought to the champs, i think you'll always come out sr'ing me. i am still trying but im not as driven to solve the entire game on d1 of a 20+ player setup. 15 players is overwhelming enough for me already
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:38 am Oddmerta in isolation just pointing at someone else and trying to finesse others to buy into the read doesn't strike me as townie so I'd encourage you to show some working to back it up please.
I had the opposite read as you again! I thought mafia trying to shift the blame to others would go for people being actively suspected or LHF, not someone who's been mostly townread by people and who has no chance of being exed today.
Who says Tim is no chance? The mafia need to push on town to win the game and you don't know what misyeets you can get if you don't offer them up as an option.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:03 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 am

i disagree!

"then he would surely see how people would perceive him as angry, right?"

i disagree

i think uve seen ur fair share of people who have inplexplainable actions and stuff

this is a simple assumption (that ur making) that i dont think u would make, i could be wrong
the core of the logic here is:

if he acted angry on purpose, then he would understand why people called him angry

this makes sense, right? i have definitely seen town that have contradictory/confusing logic, and that's why i didn't hard scumread JPIC for that, but that's not gonna stop me from pointing out something that's logically contradictory. im unsure why you think i wouldnt point that out
Alison

Post by Alison »

Self-voting is counter intuitive to JPIC's win condition if he"s town, too.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:05 am Self-voting is counter intuitive to JPIC's win condition
sentence should end there, adding the "town" part can lead to confbias
Alison

Post by Alison »

Yeah my point is that it's NAI because it makes equally little sense either way. Like people say JPIC is letting his team down if he's scum but isn't he doing the same thing if he's town?
Alison

Post by Alison »

If I wanted to be really mean I could argue that the self vote is anti-spew but I don't really believe that, I think he's just trolling tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 am Yeah my point is that it's NAI because it makes equally little sense either way. Like people say JPIC is letting his team down if he's scum but isn't he doing the same thing if he's town?
you have a valid point. it just strikes me gth head as town move because jpic has an obligation as scum to avoid being lynched (unless it's strategically viable for him to do so), but there's a world where he can be mislynched as town and still win
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

why r u all convinced herm is town

alison do u remember cobbler

whats the difference between herm and cobbler
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:15 am why r u all convinced herm is town

cobbler had a good opener and then slanked and we let him slip by.

Herm has been consistently town.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:17 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:15 am why r u all convinced herm is town

cobbler had a good opener and then slanked and we let him slip by.

Herm has been consistently town.
towny how?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:16 pm I don't get how it makes nanook scum either. But it does make Herm town.

If you ask me to believe that Herm went into the scum chat and said "hey everyone, now I will fake a scumread on nanook, I'll tell everyone how he's super scum for not responding to me when I asked for the link to scumchat, then I'll make up some random % as a confidence level for my read!" That doesn't make sense to me. We talk about scummy agendas a lot and that usually means that the actions serve some malevolent, underlying purpose. This is a random shot in the dark with random reasons, it's not constructed, it's basically stream of consciousness.

Also the "if you're waiting for a big novel" post was pretty pure tonally.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Nothing Herm has done this game has been agenda pushing in any way. The thought process may be odd, but it's free and natural and fluid. The tone is pure. They haven't made many pushes and this is why people are scumreading them, but when they've made pushes, it's felt open and genuine.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Who is cobbler?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oddmerta wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:24 am Who is cobbler?
A player in another game me and tutuu played who flipped scum.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oddmerta, I trust you and I'm here to townshield you, but other people don't. I need you to step it up and show them what you've got so they can see the light and know you're town.

What is your view on the decision between SPF/nutella/JPIC wagons?
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:12 am @Samusamu btw i dont think there is a rule that u need to only speak in English. I would be completely OK with using google translate from spanish to english if you wanna make some spanish posts from time to time for the times you wanna make sure you express yourself fully and get your point across!
If it were that simple! The most probably is that u will understand less than half in the moment that i want to elaborate something a post.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:28 am Oddmerta, I trust you and I'm here to townshield you, but other people don't. I need you to step it up and show them what you've got so they can see the light and know you're town.

They are all scum so it's not even a decision, more like a lineup
staypositivefriend
Hitman

honestly, i still have no idea how i became a contender for a wagon today. i'm used to people providing reasoning that i can engage with and challenge them on but i've very much been kept in the dark about how people are perceiving me - it's mostly just gut/tone/etc

i have a feeling a lot of it boils down to playstyle differences so i'll just keep doing what i'm already doing instead of letting myself get too focused on it
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

If Iwas a dayvig I would have already shot jpic
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Contrast JPIC with Tedxtr.

Ted copped pressure. Did a couple of weird scummy things. Logged off and came back. Put on a town hat and defended his slot.

JPIC copped pressure. Got histrionic and self voted.

One is playing for self pres. One is not.

While JPIC's play isn't good it's more what I'd expect from someone with no teammates to answer to. Ted did what I expect a mafioso to do.

Also it's entirely valid to read Ted's town burst as just town. But contextually and in light of what came earlier it's totally within his range and his wincon as mafia to make that effort. So I can't see how it should dismiss the previous content which was just scummy.

And there is opposition to both their pushes.

I feel like I trust Alison a bit more than Tutuu so I'm more inclined to let her have her JPIC flip if I need to choose. I still think Nutella is right there and the better lynch anyway. And Ted is better again.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:22 am
Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:20 am
tedxtr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:11 pm Live footage of Hermy trying to decide who's scummier between telemundo and Sloonei

can we not kill nanook or ted ever because i wanna keep seeing their posts
I’m on board
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

showing off my syndicate inexperience here but is there a countdown for the deadline?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Top of the poll
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:05 am I'd much rather consolidate onto Tedxtr who profiles exactly how I expect a mafia to play here after catching heat from me
ok br0 I'm gonna say it

I don't care about your push

you just don't have the clout to pull a yeet on me toDay, and it just is what it is
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I am in a virtual spa and I'm as tranquil as possible

summarise why you think I'm scum here, i was looking through mentions and you kept popping up talking about me
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Oddmerta wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:30 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:28 am Oddmerta, I trust you and I'm here to townshield you, but other people don't. I need you to step it up and show them what you've got so they can see the light and know you're town.

They are all scum so it's not even a decision, more like a lineup
this post kind of broke my brain
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:44 am Top of the poll
thanks
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ted, the LHF speaker, what is jpic's alignment?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

as of this post I believe there are 10 pages that I'm not caught up to and I'm not sure if I plan to ever do

I assume nothing important happened, I plan to dig some isos
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu how do you feel about a nutella flip today?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:49 am tutuu how do you feel about a nutella flip today?
im cool with it

i feel bad cuz i always scumread nutella and shes always town so im not gunning for it
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:49 am ted, the LHF speaker, what is jpic's alignment?
As the LHF prodigy I will look through his ISO and give you an easier time
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:05 am I'd much rather consolidate onto Tedxtr who profiles exactly how I expect a mafia to play here after catching heat from me
ok br0 I'm gonna say it

you just don't have the clout to pull a yeet on me toDay, and it just is what it is
Good for you. I look forward to another postgame Ted scum win.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i'm prolly done posting for tonight. i will be around tomorrow evening (probably like 3-4 hours before the deadline). if you need anything from me feel free to ping me
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

So the tl;dr version is town because I don't think he'd have the balls to let down a wolf team which in this player list should be worth playing for, regardless of who it is.

The guy doesn't give a crap and if he's scum then he's playing against his wincondition knowingly

Although I have no interest in defending him because I don't see any reads that could make me more comfortable in the read

So, like, gun to head town, but unless he attempts to give us something that shows he doesn't have TMI then I don't care if he's a goner.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:51 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:46 am
ok br0 I'm gonna say it

Good for you. I look forward to another postgame Ted scum win.
I push to vote
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”