The King of Limbs
3%
A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by tedxtr »

Don't have much to add, unfortunately
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Master Radishes »

Okay, so like, there's clearly no need for me to vote nutella. But there's also no counterwagon to consider. I don't have any particular vanity scumreads to push either. But I'll be asleep before EoD.

Iunno what to do.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I think we need to collectively decide whether nutella is worth saving today.

If not, then talk about counterwagons before you mindlessly flash wagon from a potential scum just because "it doesn't feel right"

Don't get trapped in the EoD play because that's where wolves thrive in.

Personally, I didn't like the way she came back in the thread. As a town, you see 12 people on your wagon and you have no issues with the votes at all? There are 12 whole people on your wagon and your check list is "I'm gonna push juliets and spf?"

I don't really like to draw connections like these because they may not be accurate, but if we assess the situation, nutella had previously pushed both spf and juliets and spf and juliets both pushed back in an unpartnery way. In that situation, it only makes sense that as a wolf you'd want to single on those two again once you return - they would've already been spewed by your flip, so doing the same thing instead of giving more information reads very wolfy to me, where I think the mindset is preserving as much spew as possible while not actually providing any valuable info, because you play as if you're already flipped.

I don't know, I don't think nutella has passed any bar for towniness and I wouldn't consider other wagons as an option here. If you don't have reasons that you trust completely or just reasons that would bring someone >rand W, just talk about other reads and sort the game that way.

If people didn't have any solid scum reads prior to this, don't fall victim to "nutella sat at 12 votes, this doesn't feel right" and then switch to someone that you don't even have anything conclusive on.

That's all I can add for the game state right now.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:21 pm Okay, so like, there's clearly no need for me to vote nutella. But there's also no counterwagon to consider. I don't have any particular vanity scumreads to push either. But I'll be asleep before EoD.

Iunno what to do.
MR do you have a read on Nanook? I'm seeing a towny but there are others who disagree - and they are all in my town reads.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:21 pm Okay, so like, there's clearly no need for me to vote nutella. But there's also no counterwagon to consider. I don't have any particular vanity scumreads to push either. But I'll be asleep before EoD.

Iunno what to do.
MR do you have a read on Nanook? I'm seeing a towny but there are others who disagree - and they are all in my town reads.
You're the second person to ask me about Nanook. I wonder if that means something.

I refuse to read him this early.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

Aw, Nutella </3
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

nutella-chan if ur confident u arent the yeet today because ur gonna claim some confirmable role or something can u please do it sooner rather than later, the less chaotic eod the better
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:27 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Iunno what to do.
You're the second person to ask me about Nanook. I wonder if that means something.

I refuse to read him this early.
Ok that's probably wise.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

If your role saves you here then just claim. I don't think there's gonna be a flash wagon, you have not been towny at all.

[mention]nutella[/mention]
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

What if we vote Jack.

I bet he isn't unchoppable when he isn't even here.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 231

Post by nutella »

Nah would rather not claim

just would love to play longer :(
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't even know why we're yeeting Nutella. But I trust you all. What could go wrong? CHAMPS PLAYERS
Master Radishes
Hitman

Nutella Rogue confirmed.
Master Radishes
Hitman

What about

Oddmerta.

What have they done?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I looked at Colin's ISO, and I don't want to chop him at this time.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Oddmerta wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:11 pm What I am doing is coasting off of early townreads
Oh no wait I like this.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 am Also I have no fucking clue what the Rogue does so I'm just going to treat Rogues as scum and kill them as eagerly as I would any scum member. If they're SK or some shit, I want to dispose of that as early as possible.
Paranoia tells me that it might have something to do with:
Sloonei wrote:Roleclaiming and infodumping may be legal for some, illegal for others.
Mechanics exist which make roleclaiming and infodumping potentially dangerous. Proceed with caution.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm also coasting off of town reads. I should slank and not read the game next time I rand scum tbh, if that will ever happen again. =p

Also, I'm not really coasting. I'm just exhausted.

I want to vote Sprit, cause I don't want to be on the Nut wagon. For no reason.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 am Also I have no fucking clue what the Rogue does so I'm just going to treat Rogues as scum and kill them as eagerly as I would any scum member. If they're SK or some shit, I want to dispose of that as early as possible.
Sloonei wrote:Roleclaiming and infodumping may be legal for some, illegal for others.
Mechanics exist which make roleclaiming and infodumping potentially dangerous. Proceed with caution.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes
Hitman

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:44 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:11 pm What I am doing is coasting off of early townreads
Oh no wait I like this.
hmmm
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:46 pm
the concept of soup kills, to sprityo:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:48 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:49 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:50 pm
lmfao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 am Why has sprityo vanished off the face of the earth
Hi hi, did you miss me sweet cheeks?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:22 pm that's a lot of nulls dya, do you think you could split them into gth town and gth scum?
uh, they're in my nulls because they've not done enough for me to read them on or I think they've done wolfy and villagery things

gth radish villa
long con villa
jpic villa

but i need to look at them more closely and I don't really like doing isos d1
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Herm »

3 more hours to go, I assume? At work right now.

Herm wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:12 pm 3 more hours to go, I assume? At work right now.
About four and a half
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Hey im caught up

Tutuu is mafia, please tell me why they are not.
Banners:
ImageImageImage

sprityo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm Hey im caught up

They bleed town
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

consistent tone and solving
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i am mafia and you're the only townie who realized this and i have enough clout to make fun of u openly and still coast by and win

what are u gonna do about it cowboy
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:22 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:19 pm Drwilgy mafia
Sprityo mafia
Why?
Why not?
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm
Herm wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:12 pm 3 more hours to go, I assume? At work right now.
About four and a half
Thanks!
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:16 pm

i am mafia and you're the only townie who realized this and i have enough clout to make fun of u openly and still coast by and win

what are u gonna do about it cowboy
Yeehaw, we'll see
Banners:
ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

every time i try to genuinely read nutella she outs another bad read like "spf and juliets are mafia" and ive lost the sympathy i had for her
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i've ran out of dorky gifs
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

some misc thoughts:

-i tr juliets in the last few pages way more than i have for the entire game

-i feel the same way about samu. it's like a switch flipped and his reads/tone got way more relaxed and inquisitive

-hally got townier too

-i know oddmerta is a consensus townread but his reads are so lazy that i actually am revoking whatever towncred i gave him

-nanook has fallen down in my town pile too, because i feel like he's treading water w/a lot of his posts
staypositivefriend
Hitman

the only people on the nutella wagon that i dont outright tr are coliniscool and drwilgy
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:06 pm
Samusamu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:56 am
Samusamu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:46 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:42 am Hasn't evolved via reading since I logged off yesterday, but here's my list after sleeping on it:

Feel good about Mac, Hally, and Ted

Feel bad about Tim, Alison, tutuu, Nook and Hazelnut.

I don't recall why I felt that way about Tim, but something was off.

Nook and Ali were in a strange bucket of (maybe TMI) from them, the counter argument being "TMI may not exist in this game as scum may be hunting the rogues."

Tutuu felt off and angling was weird.

I don't remember what red flagged me on Tim.

Hazelnut felt detached.
This is a post perfectly structured for someone who rand mafia.
You disapprove?
You feel disapproved?
I do. Perhaps you do tell me why the structuring is that of a rand mafia?
Smh.

Sometimes I try to see you town contemplating your psyche about wanting to play your own game as you would like to play it, and not leaving the game to others.

I sincerely do the same because I take this game from a didactic purpose, trying to steal as much as I can to take to my own community. I don't want to drag my feet.

The point is in how I play and read the games, I like to pay attention to the how, when, what, why while I am asking and beating the answers.

The point is that your momentum (the when) is horrendous for this post, at the moment when the nut wagon is mainly being dealt with you come with a post with alise mafia readings that you know will raise controversy and will divert the conversation.

Why may be to try to redirect some of the suspicions of nut towards you and with votes and divided pressure it will be easier for a colleague to initiate a third push. It almost seems like a desperate attempt.

What is said can save you a little because circumstantially I can buy you almost 50% of the readings, but at this moment it doesn't have any sense to put alise as mafia, we are many and she goes very seriously with her towncore, the game will lengthen and eventually die by the mafia, being rare that a player as alise survives to n3, a reading of alise mafia is more than trying to think independently with the current situation of the game.

We come to the kind of thing I already mentioned in the first paragraph, I read you as much emphasis in your readings, and that is something of an arrogant people or mafia desperate for context.

In general the structure of the post corresponds more to a mafia agenda than to a towny, so it's typical of someone who has rand mafia.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:25 pm i've ran out of dorky gifs
there are 16 circles in this picture can you find them all
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:31 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:25 pm i've ran out of dorky gifs
there are 16 circles in this picture can you find them all
took me a bit but I have :wiz:
ImageImageImageImage
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

I have to sleep, anyone want.something fast of me?
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Samusamu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 pm I have to sleep, anyone want.something fast of me?
What are your opinions of Nanook?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Samusamu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 pm I have to sleep, anyone want.something fast of me?
Oh, you flirt. :cloud9:
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047

Post by Alison »

nutella is scum. Town nutella would be yelling at us to exe the wolf on her wagon and trying to figure out who on her train has malignant intent, not continuing to push on what is basically a vanity wagon at this point.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:36 pm nutella is scum. Town nutella would be yelling at us to exe the wolf on her wagon and trying to figure out who on her train has malignant intent, not continuing to push on what is basically a vanity wagon at this point.
I'm really quite confident about juliets and her vote is the worst one on my wagon :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”