60%

Total votes: 10
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by chardonnay »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Definitely waffling on the Cavyie read though, for no other reason than that almost everyone else is townreading her so it's making me doubt myself. Might have to move her back up to null until further notice.

3/33
Aww, don't be peer pressured out of your read. IMO early game develops a lot faster with conflicts of opinion. So if you sus' a player that is mostly town read then go ahead and push it.

-/-/-/
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:24 pm PSI seems too eager to please. I don't get why they're doubting the cayvie read because like two other people townread cayvie. I don't read them as being that easily swayed in general. I'd be happy with a push there.

DDL's hedge on me pinged me and I think the stuff about cayvie's post helping vigilantes and so forth came off as slightly pockety behavior on someone who racked up a couple of quick townreads. I was hoping he was a wallposter so I could sort him really quickly off his opener but he isn't. I still lean scum there slightly for the above reasons though.

nutella and LC are null. They're doing the same things they do every game regardless of align. Not sure how to read DJ or Cassowary yet, I'll sort them in a bit.
I should mention that tonally PSI frequently comes across as appeasing. Im pretty sure its just a personality thing for her. She also pretty fluid with her reads, and prone to 2nd guessing. (Sorry for the exposure PSI)

Maybe im dumb, but who was town reading DDL?

-/-/--/
Spoiler: show
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:54 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:27 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:59 pm Alison prob town for the claim that kins of stuff is almost always town but sooner or later some scum is gonna get away with that so I'm afraid of calling it.
hmmn I feel conflicted about this post because I can see a townie make it but in my experience it's >rand mafia. It feels like it's acknowledging Alison's claim is town but for like the wrong reasons. something something about the tone not matching the idea
OH okay I found actual words to say what I mean!!

I think that the perspective of "this is probs town *but* is bad/detrimental to the town in a long-term way" is >rand mafia because it requires a broader approach to the game that kinda requires you to know the alignments of others. If someone gets a lot of townreads, usually:

* Mafia wonder how and why, either to mimic how to get townread, either to see if it can be discredited.
* Town try to evaluate the read and see if it's a good read, solve, etc.

In order to say that a very specific action is "bad" for the town in a long-term fashion, it requires you to know how the town members are reacting. This kind of global/broad perspective is really really rare for town because they don't have the informations (how it's impacting the *town members*) that are required to make this kind of assessement.

In this case, DDL says he's kinda hesitant about townreading Alison with his word choice: prob, almost always.
He then casts a shade (but sooner or later some scum is gonna get away with that blabla)... that admits that in this specific situation Alison is town. He's not saying Alison might be scum here, he's saying scum might try to mimic what Alison did. Which is not the same thing because it assumes Alison is town here.

Also I mostly ~agree with Alison on his read on Cayvie, it feels a bit like a melting-pot of what has previously been said.
I like the development of this thought. I don't think that its improbable that mafia could form an abstract assessment this early into the game, i'd say its more likely coming from town then mafia.

Im still side eyeing her tonally tho. I don't recall Carot being so friendly in last game I played w/ her.

-//-/-/-/-/
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:58 pm
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm i think DDL and carotte are town rn!
Can you explain why?
well for you it's bc you're just exuding townie energy like you always seem to when i read you. i considered asking earlier for an example of a scum game from you to compare but i realized i wasn't gonna read it so didn't bother.

for DDL, i really really felt good about the way he snapped back with that glasses comment.
is there a way you can quantify Carot's townie energy?

DDL seems perfectly capable player to make that kinda joke-y comment as either alignment.

-/-/-/-/-

Something feels off about Cassowary, but I cant seem to put it into words.

Finished Page 2
hi-lo
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

So some mechanical thoughts re Alison as it may assist in isolation of bullshit to expect.

One of the instances within TLA where someone were to lose their power would involve either an eclipse of the sun or moon. Solar eclipses blot out fire bending while lunar blot out water bending. Since character is NAI, I don't think this is relevant to alignment, BUT may be a mechanic to expect in game and a guess. Figured it would be better to share possible mechanical guesses as not everyone is familiar with the lore.

Thoughts on players at this moment.

Alison's call out on Cayvie seemed appropriate and I agreed with it at first glance. The reveal of mechanics is NAI. Acceptance of Carotte into towncore felt off.

Cayvie, I can see as scum in this game. The intro to the thread and follow up posts warrant it.

DDL is town this game. Like the content on PSI.

Nutella is town this game. Gut read, nothing more.

PSI doesn't sit well with me as DDL's observations are clean. The recent responses do not bolster any confidence.

Jack, how have you been buddy? I can see you as scum based on gut.

~
All this said. from everyone, I would like to know if there is a wolf in Cayvie/Alison, which one is it and why?

Same goes for Cayvie/JackofHearts.
~

Good night beautiful.

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:32 pm Carotte's mindmelded with me a couple of times now, and the context is such that I don't think it's a pocket. Carotte can be my townfriend this game.

I want to hear more about cayvie's glasses read on DDL, especially if they have history together. cayvie can you articulate what about the tone of that post pinged you as being particularly town?
What do you agree with beyond her DDL read?

-/-/-/-/-
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:45 pm Guys D0 ends in 75 minutes if you are afraid of burning though your post limit, don't.
Lol, im dumb. I didn't realize that D0 had its own post cap. I was getting so weirded out by your posting frequency, but now it makes sense.

-/-/-/--
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:51 pm I feel like only 3 people are talking and maybe others are afraid of posting more. I played a racket before and I noticed most people will be very contained about posting.

And I want to see more people talking and interacting with people besides myself cuz right now I pretty much only have intro posts to analyse and that's very shallow.
this sounds like a town sentiment.

Dang, I thought I was getting a read on you, but now im not sure.

-/-/-/-/-
cassowary wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:07 pmhmn okay. Do you have any other reads at the moment? What do you think of the Starmen crew so far?
PSI's convictions on cayvie seemed to fold very quickly under pressure. Or, not even pressure, but just other people having different reads. Feels a little bit like trying not to stand out too much. Maybe a slight scumlean.
Having played with PSInightmare before im surprised that your takeaway is a scum lean. I'm thinking shes town tbh

-/-/-/-

Cayvie seems like a really fliud player that I'll have a hard time getting a read on. :/

Carotte I think I feel better about now then I did at first.

Probably the player that sticks out to me most as suspicious is Jackofhearts so far. But I need to do some f2f acessment there.
hi-lo
DJ Neutron Star
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him, she/her

Post by DJ Neutron Star »

chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:23 am
Neutron's call out on PSInightmare look more like disagreeing with a play then forming a read. Im interested if Neutron does have a read on PISnightmare.

scum lean, but it's off of two posts so lol. i'm not stubborn enough for a D1 tunnel

i imagine i'll find something else to hyperfixate on tomorrow
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:13 am All this said. from everyone, I would like to know if there is a wolf in Cayvie/Alison, which one is it and why?

Alison is town by virtue of NU claim 99% of the time. Cayvie Im null b/c Ive had some conflicting thoughts.

Jack I want to engage more, but I do think that if hes mafia then Cayvie is more likely town. Mostly his entrance on his push on DDL/Cayvie felt very "gotcha" that dosent seem w/w

-/-/-/-
Pre-edit
*Hyperfization intensifies* lol
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:13 am Acceptance of Carotte into towncore felt off.
Oh! Can you better explain this somehow?

Im craving more nuanced reads on Carotte in general. She seems townie, but im also tinged with some gut bad vibes.
hi-lo
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: Any

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

You might know me as "The mafia guy that lost the game D1 because Town was informed majority" (there was a president)
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:08 am
chardonnay wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:17 pm Good evening, I started reading but im predicting an interruption. Ideally I'll be back tonight.

I look forward to playing with you all! Im interested how the friends I know from HS will intermingle with regulars here. So good luck friends, and strangers. :P
hi! i see you're in north carolina. i grew up in pittsboro :D
I live in a small town in the foot hills. Out paths most likely have never crossed. :skull:

But yeah NC is great!

-/-/-/-
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:09 am
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:07 am Cayvie, what do you think of Alison's claim? Have you actually weighed in on it yet? (Sorry if you have and I missed it.) You keep bringing up people being on a team/not on a team with Alison, so it doesn't sound like she's a townlean to you.

Also sorry for consistently spelling you're username wrong
i think Alison's claim is probably true, and pretty alignment-neutral. i don't have a read on her rn.
is your theory has to how it makes sense as a mafia role similar to what long-con speculated?
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:18 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:37 amlinki: Hi cayvie! It's pretty obvious, if there are going to be multiple town PRs running around, you'd expect that mafia members would be given more juice to compete, not downsides...
We don't really have any indication that there are any power roles beyond yours, assuming we believe the claim. The OP said there are "a number" of power roles. Could be two town and one mafia or something.

Imagine this scum role: "Your vote won't count when you vote for a teammate". Damn, you MIGHT get caught with a zero vote, maybe it's best to get out ahead of that in the thread right away. :eye:
b/c that seemed tin foilly to me?

I just have a hard time believing that a mod would give a mafia an impediment that hinders their day play in any capacity? As that's less justifiable then giving town a NU.

-/-/-/-

Pre-edit

Where did this game take place Jiwon? o.o
hi-lo
Ultimate-Gamer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Ultimate-Gamer »

Oh my gosh there are four pages already. Sorry I'm late! I'll try and catch up soon as I can.
Dag yo...
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

So as I said before, I have a tendency to lead people into their doom when I make big posts. Town latches into it and scum rolls along. Except when I'm right, of course. But that's not guaranteed.

Looking for scum who might be rolling along, nutella and LC bought my PSI case VERY easily, and with seemingly no independent thoughts of their own. Look out for those.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Wilgy bought it too but the difference is that I see an attempt to have independent thinking from him. Light town read for now.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:00 am
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 pm well for you it's bc you're just exuding townie energy like you always seem to when i read you. i considered asking earlier for an example of a scum game from you to compare but i realized i wasn't gonna read it so didn't bother.

for DDL, i really really felt good about the way he snapped back with that glasses comment.
is there a way you can quantify Carot's townie energy?

DDL seems perfectly capable player to make that kinda joke-y comment as either alignment.
carot has 4.5 megajoules of townie energy. idk, she just feels like she always has, and i've always townread her, and she's always been town. this might be the time she rolls scum in a game i'm reading, in which case i'm excited to see that. but she really just has that "Scum Beware" sort of vibe, and focus on her target, that i'm used to seeing from town!carotenoid

re: DDL, i'm sure he's capable of making the comment as either alignment. doesn't mean it's equally likely to come from either alignment.
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 am is your theory has to how it makes sense as a mafia role similar to what long-con speculated?
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:18 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:37 amlinki: Hi cayvie! It's pretty obvious, if there are going to be multiple town PRs running around, you'd expect that mafia members would be given more juice to compete, not downsides...
We don't really have any indication that there are any power roles beyond yours, assuming we believe the claim. The OP said there are "a number" of power roles. Could be two town and one mafia or something.

Imagine this scum role: "Your vote won't count when you vote for a teammate". Damn, you MIGHT get caught with a zero vote, maybe it's best to get out ahead of that in the thread right away. :eye:
b/c that seemed tin foilly to me?

I just have a hard time believing that a mod would give a mafia an impediment that hinders their day play in any capacity? As that's less justifiable then giving town a NU.
mmm, no, tho long con's suggested role does make sense to me. and i don't think it's reasonable to characterize it as tinfoil; he's not saying "hey, watch out, Alison might have this specific role", he's saying "it's not that hard to come up with example mafia roles with vote restrictions".

i think that it is very likely that Alison indeed has a conditional vote restriction. I also think that Alison claims her vote restriction early as any alignment. I also find it plausible that there could be more to her role than that. (and no i don't want her to claim more, and i don't think she feels any pressure from me to do so).

you say you have a hard time believing that a mod would give mafia a vote restriction. i do not have a hard time believing that a mod might do that. i don't really think it's helpful to speculate further about the specifics of Alison's role.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

I see that PSINE & chardonnay are concerned with my tone. It's making me laugh. :p

PSINE's latest posts lean v to me. (Full disclosure: I have only played one town game with her. I've heard good words about her scum game but never saw it) I feel like her hunting process is really transparent (things about finding her footing, feeling comfortable with a scumread, etc.) and I like her read on me. She's the first one to bring the tone element (which I do agree is noticeably different) and I like her line of question to cayvie. Also @PSINE please just post any thoughts you have even if it ends in "null" reads! :p What were your thoughts on Neutron, Cassowary & Long Con?

I like DrWilgy's entry, going straight into it. I have a *little* bit of problem with DrWilgy not mentioning a read on me when he clearly did read me (reference to Post Poop Euphoria, mentioning me in his Alison read...) I don't know, my first thought was that it was a good sign since it shows he didn't felt forced to produce a read on me but on the other hand his PPE comment clearly shows he *did* read me with some degree of attention and that he might have decided to wait a bit before reading me since people are having divergent opinions.

Neutron is exuding some stressed energy. First post tone was weirdish and directionless, post content has been really pointed towards specific things (how PSINE reacted to stuff, not the actual stuff that happened in the first place), seems like a good way of participating without tackling the center of it. I don't want to call it a scumread yet but I'm watching you DJ :p

cassowary bugs me because they're clearly aware of what's happening in the thread and making comments about it. However, most of the time it's not really anything new, it's just reacting to stuff with not too controversial comments. They were the first one to have the PSINE scumread and while I think it's a totally fine read for people that don't know her, cassowary do know her so them being the one to make it pings funny. I also had to specifically ask for this read to exist in the thread (here). It reads to me like they didn't feel comfortable saying "I don't really know yet" and made-up something so their post is not "empty". [mention]cassowary[/mention] Does that line up with what you were thinking of them?
ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Alison »

chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:23 am I Am a little paranoid of a speedy poster like Dragon D. Luffy rolling mafia. Then taking advantage of their short posting style to prematurely hit post cap to avoid in thread stuff in the early game. If this sounds like an incredibly spefic scenario… yes, yes it is. lol
This is town. I had the same thought about DDL when I saw him make a flurry of posts out of the gate, which is why if I asked if he usually does that.

chardonnay, I would consider myself to be more by the books than a wild player, but I try to do that makes me win the most above all else.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Is PSI the kind of player who overexplains their thoughts/reads a lot? Like, I probably explain my thoughts in a more detailed way than most players, and PSI's post still came off as over-explainy to me. It's hard not to scumread unless they have a meta of doing that as both alignments.

Jiwon's entrance is pretty bad. I'm inclined to push between PSI and Jiwon right now.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:09 am Is PSI the kind of player who overexplains their thoughts/reads a lot? Like, I probably explain my thoughts in a more detailed way than most players, and PSI's post still came off as over-explainy to me. It's hard not to scumread unless they have a meta of doing that as both alignments.

Jiwon's entrance is pretty bad. I'm inclined to push between PSI and Jiwon right now.
Yeah, PSINE tends to be on the overexplaining side of things and to not be super confident in their reads early-on. In my experience PSINE has pretty good intuition, especially as it goes on and that she starts to have a bunch of comfortable reads (either people to push or to trust).
ImageImage
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:13 am So some mechanical thoughts re Alison as it may assist in isolation of bullshit to expect.

One of the instances within TLA where someone were to lose their power would involve either an eclipse of the sun or moon. Solar eclipses blot out fire bending while lunar blot out water bending. Since character is NAI, I don't think this is relevant to alignment, BUT may be a mechanic to expect in game and a guess. Figured it would be better to share possible mechanical guesses as not everyone is familiar with the lore.

Alison's call out on Cayvie seemed appropriate and I agreed with it at first glance. The reveal of mechanics is NAI. Acceptance of Carotte into towncore felt off.

Cayvie, I can see as scum in this game. The intro to the thread and follow up posts warrant it.

PSI doesn't sit well with me as DDL's observations are clean. The recent responses do not bolster any confidence.

~
All this said. from everyone, I would like to know if there is a wolf in Cayvie/Alison, which one is it and why?

~

Good night beautiful.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

this feels like a bunch of forced content to me
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:11 pm
I don’t see any tmi about Allison’s alignment in DDL’s post. His reasoning for townreading her is basically identical to mine with a hedge. If I see tmi it’s here.
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:01 pm oh that makes a lot of sense, thank you for clarifying. i was kinda ??? at your original post.

i think that DDL's post is talking about Alison's post as dangerous in a meta-sense, that this is a dangerous precedent to set for future games but not necessarily this one? so not necessarily bad for town in this game, but bad for town *in general*. kind of reminds me of policy chops in a way.

i do see what you mean about how it potentially TMIs Alison as town.
Where Cayvie sees a tmi that doesn’t exist as indicating that DDL is a wolf. :feb:

Contrast with this post.
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:09 pm Yeah nutella, like he's trying to show he's hesitating but he actually knows she's town.

Cayvie yeah in long-term I meant throughout-games/meta-sense. Like, he can extrapolate to long term because he already knows how it's unfolding in this game? I don't think it's like policy chops though, because policy chops are more like: x is making this game harder because blabla so we should chop them (immediate impacts, short/medium term impact), when this is more like assuming things and how they can affect long long term stuff

tl;dr is just UH OH NOT GOOD
Which reads practically like drooling. Could be a wolf looking for a misyeet. Could be a townie thinking they see a chance to nab a wolf.

Carot is not scum with DDL.

All this makes this post
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm i think DDL and carotte are town rn!
all the more “interesting.”

I kinda wanna flip DDL even though logically the move is to flip Cayvie. Both can consider themselves on notice.
Btw, I think I’m gonna try to be a “team player” this game and see how that works out. :biggrin: I’m not bothering with Carot cause Alison trusts them.
Lol what does my post drooling mean??
I don't really see it thought because I do see how DDL's post is TMI in the way it's worded :p I do agree that the transition to townreading both of us is a bit ??? but I think w!cayvie would have been more mindful about that.
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:23 am Can anybody tell me if Alison is a "by the books" kinda player, or are they a more, "Wild dripping goof ball" type player. Judging by their more serous tone I'm guessing they are a by the books type, but i would like confirmation to be safe.
More by the book yeah. Alison is pretty high WIM as either alignment.
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

I like chardonnay content overall. I hope we're on the same team this time :p

[mention]dov[/mention] Hey dude how are you feeling? Is this forum technology too much for you? :biggrin:
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

I agree that Wilgy's content feels forced but I'm not sure I agree it's mafia indicative. This game has the usual problem of all games with post caps, which is that people can't just post whatever they want because they have to be mindful of the post cap, so they have to sort of stifle themselves and artificially restrict what they want to post, which ends up making content feel more forced.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Imagine being the kind of player that reach postcap XD

Jokes aside looking at the playerlist I think most people wouldn't have reached postcap anyway... ? So like, idk, I think most people should be pretty chill about that
ImageImage
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:19 am I agree that Wilgy's content feels forced but I'm not sure I agree it's mafia indicative. This game has the usual problem of all games with post caps, which is that people can't just post whatever they want because they have to be mindful of the post cap, so they have to sort of stifle themselves and artificially restrict what they want to post, which ends up making content feel more forced.
i actually get the impression that much of this particular playerlist might have a more comfortable tone with the postcap than without it. regardless, from my one game of experience with him, i don't think wilgy is a player who's gonna be super hindered by a 66 post limit.

prior to champs, i would have found it difficult to hit 66 posts in 2 days, and would have found myself getting drowned out by highposters.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:28 am Imagine being the kind of player that reach postcap XD

Jokes aside looking at the playerlist I think most people wouldn't have reached postcap anyway... ? So like, idk, I think most people should be pretty chill about that
Yeah but IME people will feel paranoid/constrained even if they wouldn't hit postcap under normal circumstances, just because there is a postcap in play. I saw that happen in Philosopher's Mafia - everyone felt super stilted and awkward and forced, even the people who usually didn't hit postcap. (The person who cared least about the postcap was actually iaafr who spamposts a lot, I think he just forgot that it existed and ended up getting modkilled for violating postcap.)

linki: I can't speak to whether or not Wilgy specifically is hindered or made uncomfortable by the existence of a postcap, I can only say that in postcapped games I don't feel that forced tone is a scumread in general.

Since there are people speaking up in PSI's defense and saying the behavior is within town range for them, I'll just [VOTE: Jiwon] aubergine for that awful entrance.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

i guess i do take your point tho that if there's less content on average, that means there's gotta be more kindling added to start the fire. uh. if that analogy makes sense.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:40 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:13 am Acceptance of Carotte into towncore felt off.

Im craving more nuanced reads on Carotte in general. She seems townie, but im also tinged with some gut bad vibes.
I believe you hit the nail on the head asking Alison about what mind melding was done outside of the DDL read. It was done very quickly and if there's an obvious pocket this game, it is that post.

~
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:41 am So as I said before, I have a tendency to lead people into their doom when I make big posts. Town latches into it and scum rolls along. Except when I'm right, of course. But that's not guaranteed.

Looking for scum who might be rolling along, nutella and LC bought my PSI case VERY easily, and with seemingly no independent thoughts of their own. Look out for those.
Would be easy, are there any key differences you've noticed between the two? I.e. is LC more likely to be scum or Hazelnut?

~
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 am

I see that PSINE & chardonnay are concerned with my tone. It's making me laugh. :p

PSINE's latest posts lean v to me. (Full disclosure: I have only played one town game with her. I've heard good words about her scum game but never saw it) I feel like her hunting process is really transparent (things about finding her footing, feeling comfortable with a scumread, etc.) and I like her read on me. She's the first one to bring the tone element (which I do agree is noticeably different) and I like her line of question to cayvie. Also @PSINE please just post any thoughts you have even if it ends in "null" reads! :p What were your thoughts on Neutron, Cassowary & Long Con?

I like DrWilgy's entry, going straight into it. I have a *little* bit of problem with DrWilgy not mentioning a read on me when he clearly did read me (reference to Post Poop Euphoria, mentioning me in his Alison read...) I don't know, my first thought was that it was a good sign since it shows he didn't felt forced to produce a read on me but on the other hand his PPE comment clearly shows he *did* read me with some degree of attention and that he might have decided to wait a bit before reading me since people are having divergent opinions.

Neutron is exuding some stressed energy. First post tone was weirdish and directionless, post content has been really pointed towards specific things (how PSINE reacted to stuff, not the actual stuff that happened in the first place), seems like a good way of participating without tackling the center of it. I don't want to call it a scumread yet but I'm watching you DJ :p

cassowary bugs me because they're clearly aware of what's happening in the thread and making comments about it. However, most of the time it's not really anything new, it's just reacting to stuff with not too controversial comments. They were the first one to have the PSINE scumread and while I think it's a totally fine read for people that don't know her, cassowary do know her so them being the one to make it pings funny. I also had to specifically ask for this read to exist in the thread (here). It reads to me like they didn't feel comfortable saying "I don't really know yet" and made-up something so their post is not "empty". @cassowary Does that line up with what you were thinking of them?
I haven't mentioned my read on you yet because I believe that I am rather bad at reading you TBH. As it stands I see your content as at least semi-developed and from a town perspective.

Your insight to PSI is appreciated here. I feel like PSI is a player we would need more time to read appropriately this being the case.

I agree with your reads on DJ and Cassowary as well. If either of these are scum, I don't think DJ is scum with PSI. I think PSI and Cassowary are still compatible.

~
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:13 am
So some mechanical thoughts re Alison as it may assist in isolation of bullshit to expect.

~

~

Good night beautiful.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

And this is a waste of a post. You may have just as well sent "k."

What about this post is forced to you? Is it my tone? Are the reads wrong or stem from a place that aren't real?

~

[VOTE: Cayvie] aubergine

Secondaries could go to Cass, Alison

Tertiary PSI or DJ.

Discuss.

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Alison

Post by Alison »

You guys read posts #41, #66 and #67 right? You can clearly see Carotte echoing the exact same sentiment I have seconds apart. I don't believe this is an attempt to pocket me, and I have no reason to pocket Carotte here because she already trusts my roleclaim. Do you really think scum Alison randomly claims that she's mindmelding with someone and then is unable to furnish proof of this when questioned?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:13 am You guys read posts #41, #66 and #67 right? You can clearly see Carotte echoing the exact same sentiment I have seconds apart. I don't believe this is an attempt to pocket me, and I have no reason to pocket Carotte here because she already trusts my roleclaim. Do you really think scum Alison randomly claims that she's mindmelding with someone and then is unable to furnish proof of this when questioned?
Yes

Image Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 am
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

What about this post is forced to you? Is it my tone? Are the reads wrong or stem from a place that aren't real?
it clearly wasn't a waste of a post though. by the time you replied, my post had spurred like 3-4 posts of conversation in response. i mean i see that you suspect Alison as well, do you think that she and I faked that interaction regarding postcaps, forced content, etc?

i dunno if your reads are wrong except the one on me.

in essence, i said what i had to say: it sounded like you were forcing that post. and i do not believe that you think my post was actually wasted--again, that allegation is clearly factually incorrect. i think you are attempting to dismiss it without addressing it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wilgy picking dumb fights is probably town overall though, since I don't see why wolf Wilgy comes into the thread and acts like this
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

Ugh I was going to write a post but I have to go. Sorry, I'll be back to finish it later.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:40 am

Having just seen her win as scum and fool everyone with her tone and solvey vibe I definitely have paranoia there as well
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ultimate-Gamer

Post by Ultimate-Gamer »

Oh shit the day ends tomorrow? I'm used to days that are like 5 days plus in length.

I'm having A Day, I honestly don't think I'll even come close to catching up sorry :(

Um, I don't want to be COMPLETELY useless so... I guess I'll tell you about myself? I don't know if we've had RQS yet or not.

I'm Ultimate-Gamer, like many others here I'm from Starmen.net. Over there I have a reputation as being some veteran power player which I DO NOT feel I deserve. I'm really nothing special especially compared to people in other circles I know who take mafia seriously.

I'm a VERY intuitive player who tends to trust his Jellies over even mechanics. Sometimes to a fault. I rarely can make "good" cases for players since most of my reads are "this feels icky, I don't like this" and I have to construct a case working from THAT conclusion backwards, rather than building a case and COMING to a conclusion... Which is part of the reason why I feel my reputation as a top tier player is overstated lol.

So! Anyone have questions for me? Since I doubt i'll be able to read the entire thread before eod is there anything you might need from me specifically? I can ISO specific players and give you my thoughts if you'd like, or just delve deeper into my play style if you'd prefer so you can get a better sense for how I play?

Whatever y'all need from me :) And it's a pleasure to meet you all and make your acquaintance
Dag yo...
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Tbh when I expressed general agreement with PSI suspicion I think I may have unconsciously combined her in my mind with cassowary and was misattributing another post that I vaguely remembered standing out to me. I'll see if I can determine what that was. Though I did like ddl's points on PSI it's not the kind of thing that would inspire a vote from me unless there were more beefy reasons along with it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Nvm that, it was actually another PSI post that pinged me at the time-- #51. But I'm not feeling too strong about it and inclined to trust the meta reads for now. Still keeping an eye on her but on the back burner
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh also lol that was the same post ddl tore apart anyway. But I remembered finding it sketchy for slightly different reasons than the specific wordings he pointed out, like the general backing off from cayvie
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ultimate-Gamer

Post by Ultimate-Gamer »

Also! I've noticed that the term "lynch" has fallen out of vogue recently in the mafia community for good reason imo. Is there another term people typically use for "lynch" here?
Dag yo...
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:04 pm Also! I've noticed that the term "lynch" has fallen out of vogue recently in the mafia community for good reason imo. Is there another term people typically use for "lynch" here?
The most common are "elim/eliminate" and "yeet" lol, some use "execute" too but it's sort of whatever you want as long as it's clear from context
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:47 pm Oh shit the day ends tomorrow? I'm used to days that are like 5 days plus in length.

I'm having A Day, I honestly don't think I'll even come close to catching up sorry :(

Um, I don't want to be COMPLETELY useless so... I guess I'll tell you about myself? I don't know if we've had RQS yet or not.

I'm Ultimate-Gamer, like many others here I'm from Starmen.net. Over there I have a reputation as being some veteran power player which I DO NOT feel I deserve. I'm really nothing special especially compared to people in other circles I know who take mafia seriously.

I'm a VERY intuitive player who tends to trust his Jellies over even mechanics. Sometimes to a fault. I rarely can make "good" cases for players since most of my reads are "this feels icky, I don't like this" and I have to construct a case working from THAT conclusion backwards, rather than building a case and COMING to a conclusion... Which is part of the reason why I feel my reputation as a top tier player is overstated lol.

So! Anyone have questions for me? Since I doubt i'll be able to read the entire thread before eod is there anything you might need from me specifically? I can ISO specific players and give you my thoughts if you'd like, or just delve deeper into my play style if you'd prefer so you can get a better sense for how I play?

Whatever y'all need from me :) And it's a pleasure to meet you all and make your acquaintance
Itd be great if you could read through our Home Site buds, as I think they'd be players you could have an easier time with sorting during a time crunch. PSInightmare has been getting the most attention. Cassowary hasn't been getting as much, but I think they deserve some spot light.

I don't think RQS is common here, and we don't really need it at this point of the game. :P

Preedit- You can use "flip" that's what I normally use these days.
hi-lo
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 am[...]
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 am

cassowary bugs me because they're clearly aware of what's happening in the thread and making comments about it. However, most of the time it's not really anything new, it's just reacting to stuff with not too controversial comments. They were the first one to have the PSINE scumread and while I think it's a totally fine read for people that don't know her, cassowary do know her so them being the one to make it pings funny. I also had to specifically ask for this read to exist in the thread (here). It reads to me like they didn't feel comfortable saying "I don't really know yet" and made-up something so their post is not "empty". @cassowary Does that line up with what you were thinking of them?
I haven't mentioned my read on you yet because I believe that I am rather bad at reading you TBH. As it stands I see your content as at least semi-developed and from a town perspective.

Your insight to PSI is appreciated here. I feel like PSI is a player we would need more time to read appropriately this being the case.

I agree with your reads on DJ and Cassowary as well. If either of these are scum, I don't think DJ is scum with PSI. I think PSI and Cassowary are still compatible.
[...]
Hmn okay I like this answer.
I don't think Cassowary & PSINE would be inclined to bus though.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 am[VOTE: Cayvie] aubergine

Secondaries could go to Cass, Alison

Tertiary PSI or DJ.

Discuss.

I'm not really seeing what you see about cayvie tbh, I disagree with her about your post feeling forced but it wasn't a "useless" comment. Is there something else that makes you wanna vote cayvie? What did you think of her during her initial interactions with Alison?

Why Alison is secondary?
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

nutella wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:09 pm
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:04 pm Also! I've noticed that the term "lynch" has fallen out of vogue recently in the mafia community for good reason imo. Is there another term people typically use for "lynch" here?
The most common are "elim/eliminate" and "yeet" lol, some use "execute" too but it's sort of whatever you want as long as it's clear from context
Chop is pretty cool too :biggrin:

Also yeah, just read and give opinions on what you can!
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh yeah chop is p common too

I have a soul townread on wilgy, don't think his post of various takes on players was forced at all but is fairly representative of his recent town style imo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Still trying to sort out cayvie, I've felt some positives and some negatives in her content that ends up kind of balancing out and I know she's a good wolf so wary of making much of a judgment on her this early.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Btw I'm one of the players most likely to hit post cap but I'll make sure I'm aware as I get closer to it and will be mindful to spread them out as eod approaches
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

At some point I gotta spam atla memes tho
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:05 am chardonnay, I would consider myself to be more by the books than a wild player, but I try to do that makes me win the most above all else.
THanks, I was curious if you had precedent for wild fake claims as scum. As if played games with players that post weird claims in the early game to produce content as town, or create a safe net as mafia.

tho im at the point I def believe the claim for a while now.

-/-/-/-

Feels like town is just slowly accumulating light TRs rn, with only a few folk with openly strong suspicions (By which I mean actively voting). Is this a pretty normal early game state here?

Im probably keeping Carotte in null RN. Im honestly fine to consolidate onto like half the roster at this point. :/

[VOTE: cassowary] aubergine
hi-lo
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 am cassowary bugs me because they're clearly aware of what's happening in the thread and making comments about it. However, most of the time it's not really anything new, it's just reacting to stuff with not too controversial comments. They were the first one to have the PSINE scumread and while I think it's a totally fine read for people that don't know her, cassowary do know her so them being the one to make it pings funny. I also had to specifically ask for this read to exist in the thread (here). It reads to me like they didn't feel comfortable saying "I don't really know yet" and made-up something so their post is not "empty". @cassowary Does that line up with what you were thinking of them?
omg I just realized I meant to tag chardonnay here not cassowary lol
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 am
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

it clearly wasn't a waste of a post though. by the time you replied, my post had spurred like 3-4 posts of conversation in response. i mean i see that you suspect Alison as well, do you think that she and I faked that interaction regarding postcaps, forced content, etc?

i dunno if your reads are wrong except the one on me.

in essence, i said what i had to say: it sounded like you were forcing that post. and i do not believe that you think my post was actually wasted--again, that allegation is clearly factually incorrect. i think you are attempting to dismiss it without addressing it.
This but this

And even if you and Alison discussed it following, that was only on Alison who encouraged the discussion.

Like... Wat? Again. Why is it forced? What would lead you to believe the way you do? Don't say I'm not addressing when I clearly want you to define your read and reason for read. At the very least I could try to discern something from you.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

The fact that absolutely nobody has commented on my Jiwon push one way or another gives me confidence in it. If you trust me, follow me onto that wagon. It's our best lead imo. :nicenod:

I like the fact that a few people have expressed vague gut scumreads of Cassowary. My own feelings towards them + the thread's feelings towards them. feels a bit like ColonialBob in Philosopher's Mafia.

nutella do you have specific reason to be paranoid of Carotte or is it just general respect of her scum range?
Alison

Post by Alison »

chardonnay, I vibe with your read of the thread as "a bunch of light TRs". I think that's fine. It's a gamestate that happens every so often in general, I wouldn't say it's something to be concerned about. I think the way to play it from here is to raise the bar for towniness and see which of your old TRs fall under it and which ones continue to meet the standard. That helps you sort a nebulous mass of "I guess they can be town" into more nuanced levels of confidence in your reads.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:25 pm The fact that absolutely nobody has commented on my Jiwon push one way or another gives me confidence in it. If you trust me, follow me onto that wagon. It's our best lead imo. :nicenod:

I like the fact that a few people have expressed vague gut scumreads of Cassowary. My own feelings towards them + the thread's feelings towards them. feels a bit like ColonialBob in Philosopher's Mafia.

nutella do you have specific reason to be paranoid of Carotte or is it just general respect of her scum range?
I could vote jiwon but just want to say that I think his entrance is nai as I've played with him a couple times and think he always looks kinda sketchy lol.

I think I need to reread cassowary's posts bc I don't remember them very specifically but that's not a great sign in itself.

Re: Carotte I think it's more general, maybe a vague sense of tonal similarity to amdibals but that could be recency bias and I can see her town range in it as well.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Rackets”