A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by MacDougall »

Oddmerta is a town jester. Let's move on.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm There is exactly one between JPIC and Nanook. I have no reason to read Tim mafia/rogue now outside of his gameplay which on day 2 was very pro town.
this means that if we exe jpic and he flips red we will not be exeing nanook, so I hope you're sure about this!

not that I don't trust you, just letting you know the implications

also this implies that tim was being heavily scumread by mac D2 primarily because of night action results, which are now invalidated.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:25 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:11 pm mac, does the revelation that sprityo probably messed with your night results change your plan/reads in any way?
Points for Tim.
Are you permitted to disclose why?
Trying to figure that out. Perhaps just guess lol.
Don't stress. I managed not to die when you WANTED to kill me, I think I'll be okay when you don't, even if you can't explain it.
You have played well especially day 2.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:29 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:21 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:19 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:17 pm

like who, actually? apart from JPIC, who do you think is scummier than nook?
Of greater interest...how do you know so much about Nanook in the first place Tony?

Weren't we just catching you up from having barely remembered the game in time for EoD?
his claim was towny and he's been around
I'm thinkin' that "uh oh, let's go with sort by post count" is not a great look here bruh.
tell me that dizzy is more town than /insertnamehere/
going afk all game is probably null to moderately scummy depending on the game, which is a range that is more town than defending one wolf and then being caught visiting top town's house while they have bad things happen to them tbh
look. if you think all of the members of the wolf team visited mac for some arbitrarily confusing reason go right ahead
I'm still at Nanook as 3P rogue actually.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:29 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 pm Ask me what my role is
what is your role my friend
I can't reveal
rofl
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm There is exactly one between JPIC and Nanook. I have no reason to read Tim mafia/rogue now outside of his gameplay which on day 2 was very pro town.
this means that if we exe jpic and he flips red we will not be exeing nanook, so I hope you're sure about this!

also this implies that tim was being heavily scumread by mac D2 primarily because of night action results, which are now invalidated.
Unless you think that mafia put 3 negative actions on me one of them is town. Nook's claim is more believable.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:29 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:21 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Of greater interest...how do you know so much about Nanook in the first place Tony?

Weren't we just catching you up from having barely remembered the game in time for EoD?
his claim was towny and he's been around
I'm thinkin' that "uh oh, let's go with sort by post count" is not a great look here bruh.
tell me that dizzy is more town than /insertnamehere/
going afk all game is probably null to moderately scummy depending on the game, which is a range that is more town than defending one wolf and then being caught visiting top town's house while they have bad things happen to them tbh
look. if you think all of the members of the wolf team visited mac for some arbitrarily confusing reason go right ahead
I'm still at Nanook as 3P rogue actually.
your position is acceptable
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Time to go through Sprityo interactions.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 pm nook also defended sprityo D1 when I was going at it hammer and tongs with sprit
I also pushed him over jpic yesterday so 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:31 pm

Unless you think that mafia put 3 negative actions on me one of them is town. Nook's claim is more believable.
Is there a reason Nanook can't be 3P?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sprityo probably spews Nook town in his 2nd and 3rd posts.
Alison

Post by Alison »

what would you do if JPIC flips scum, but isn't the postcapper?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:32 pm

No more than you or anyone.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 pm

Yeet Nanook.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:32 pm

No more than you or anyone.
A'ight. Just checking.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Also I forgot to mention, I asked ted about the surety on mac just trying to push his reads over mech info thing because I thought it was maybe TMI, but now that we know mac did have mech info, and that scum probably suspected or knew about it (because role cop, and/or because they tried to falsify his night reports), that suspicion is lessened
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

ok
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 pm Yeet Nanook.
ok, so you don't have mech reason to hard believe that there is exactly 1 scum in jpic/nanook

what do you think about the possibility of nanook being 3P?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im personally not concerned with 3p atm because realistically idk how we could hunt for them this early
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 pm

Yeet Nanook.
I'm really feeling the Nanook as third party with a power that escalates from post capping to something worse would absolutely enjoy targeting you first. Showing up at what turned out to be a block party was unplanned, getting observed was a disaster, and "I get a binus for being at the scene of the crime" is a brilliant, Nanook quality fake.

I would really like to see a town role blocker or jailkeeper put a lid on Mr Nanook tonight.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The nature of my postcap being that it hit me with 50% means that there is an outside chance that it is a role that cumulatively destroys my ability to post. I am concerned that I may have another 50% tomorrow and so on. If that is the case then I would say that it is certainly not a town role. It would be a strange 3p role and much more likely a mafia role. In fact post capping in general is a strange 3p ability. Halving the top town poster's ability to post on night 1 is also just incredibly unlikely to ever be a town move.

Nanook, when you targeted me I presume that you didn't get an extra vote? Do you get notified of whether you get an extra vote? Apologies if you've already said this I can't remember if you have or not.

Nanook from your perspective JPIC is outed mafia now yes? JPIC you believe Nanook is outed mafia too right?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

did not realize that the thread was remaining open tonight. i was wondering why it didn't get locked yet

i won't have much time tonight to chime in w/analysis but my top priorities right now are to read sprit's analysis and figure out where my reads stand beyond JPIC being scum. i have a solid towncore (hally alison and mac) that i feel comfortable with as well
Alison

Post by Alison »

i asked sloonei about sprityo's third ability and he said that the scum team do not control the content of the false reports - he falsifies them by himself, through a method he refuses to disclose. mac got a false report, so there is some chance he might be interested in this info
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:35 pm
ok, so you don't have mech reason to hard believe that there is exactly 1 scum in jpic/nanook

No mech reason. I just don't think mafia put three abilities onto me. I think that it is possible that the other mafia on me had both a postcap ability and something else. I think it's much more likely a mafia than a 3p. If the other one is a 3p I would say that they hit me with something I am unaware of. Possibly Nanook is 3p and does have to target the NKs to get some buff but it wouldn't be just an additional vote.

I still think Tim has more chance than others of being 3p just because his role has 3p potential. But it's just an idea. I think it's possible that his role balancing action means that if the balance gets to a certain degree one way or the other that he gets some super anti whatever faction is in front power. Totally basing this off my own paranoia though. His mech appears to be heavily designed to balance the game between the two factions which to me feels independent. If I am right then his special mega ability is probably fucking terribad for whatever faction is leading.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

okay so like

let’s assume jpic or nanook is scum but not both

there’s still two other mafia right?

because tim says 4 non-town left. one is the rogue. so three are mafia. one of those is the mafia in jpic/nook

so who are the last two mafia? what does the pool look like for that?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:52 am
sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:47 pm The only Radiohead song I like is karma police

Hello again everyone :D
ok this guy is mafia
Score another one for first post reads btw.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 am Hey guys Sprityo and JPIC are naked mafia.
Lol if this turns out to be true, which it seems to be. We need to read how people were handling me at the time I was firing off these reads.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:42 pm okay so like

because tim says 4 non-town left. one is the rogue. so three are mafia. one of those is the mafia in jpic/nook

this is what i want to figure out too. we have a solid pool for who we should lynch in the next 2 days, but im concerned about the gamestate after that point tbh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:57 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:00 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:59 amlol
I see you are taking the "hard claim mafia" defensive strategy.
Nevermind mac. there was nothing interesting. nothing youve said is interesting. It's 100% entirely you. I was hoping since i head read ahead you mightve actually been productive but all we have to go off of is your good word which is bullocks.

But I'll do as you requested. Better to have a vote in play than to not [VOTE: JPIC] aubergine

Will I actually go ISO JPIC to see if I think he's scummy? nah not now at least. Day 1 and all. I should just sheep and slank
As soon as I scumread Sprityo he immediately sheeped my JPIC read. Annoyingly good anti spew lol.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:42 pm

No mech reason. I just don't think mafia put three abilities onto me. I think that it is possible that the other mafia on me had both a postcap ability and something else. I think it's much more likely a mafia than a 3p. If the other one is a 3p I would say that they hit me with something I am unaware of. Possibly Nanook is 3p and does have to target the NKs to get some buff but it wouldn't be just an additional vote.

I still think Tim has more chance than others of being 3p just because his role has 3p potential. But it's just an idea. I think it's possible that his role balancing action means that if the balance gets to a certain degree one way or the other that he gets some super anti whatever faction is in front power. Totally basing this off my own paranoia though. His mech appears to be heavily designed to balance the game between the two factions which to me feels independent. If I am right then his special mega ability is probably fucking terribad for whatever faction is leading.
He's referenced a bloodbath tonight multiple times
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:12 pm The following players are compatible with Nutella. Everyone else is incompatible. They are in order of compatibility from least to most. The bolded are also independently scummy. The bolded red are independently scummy and also scumread by me.

JPIC
Poison Chan
Radishes
Nook
Herm
Sprityo
Tim
This was my original Nutella compatibility list for reference. I would start here. Remembering that I posted this before I realised Hally had 3 of these names as having targeted it me the list has good credibility.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:45 pm

this is what i want to figure out too. we have a solid pool for who we should lynch in the next 2 days, but im concerned about the gamestate after that point tbh
yea idk where we go after we get whichever of nook or jpic is the capper

after that the easy targets are kinda gone unless we get more mech on ppl
staypositivefriend
Hitman

psa: if anyone is searching for my interactions with sprit, search for "spirit" instead. i was calling him that for ages before i realized that wasn't his name lmao
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

I love you man.

Town, I think we can agree, is doing really well.

If I had a wolf friendly terribad power I would have it right now, since I am in 80% and up civilians territory.

And my power in this range is VERIFIABLE I think.

As long as Sloonei posts the corrected vote totals...hmmm.

Anyway, my big bad power is that I get a double vote.

I WILL get a pretty big power if the wolves stage a massive comeback, but the ONLY big power I get, ever, is a town friendly power (which I still don't wanna talk about because it will be lot less effective should we need it if the wolves know what it is).
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:21 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am I have a genuine townread of Sprit

Someone send help
It's because I smell like lavendar and bathe in honey

Silky smooth skin, etc. What's not to townread?
Nook has a lot of anti-alignment with Sprityo. A lot.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:49 pm psa: if anyone is searching for my interactions with sprit, search for "spirit" instead. i was calling him that for ages before i realized that wasn't his name lmao
i remember you called phighter “plighter” for like the entire time he was alive in sf3

one of your many talents
Alison

Post by Alison »

I assume the correct play after clearing out JPIC is to just mow down the rest of the POE.

I'm not a huge fan of how ted didn't do much today, not sure if the interaction with nutella balances that out. Wilgy has done fuck all after a decent tone Day 1 and some really sketchy pushes, so he goes in the POE too. Long Con is in the POE as well, and so is Dizzy. Mow them all down, and then re-evaluate the gamestate after that and figure out who was wrongly townread. Trust the hard towncore still, but start opening up your mind to possibilities of dyachei or samu or whoever being scum if the game doesn't end after that POE is cleared. I probably won't be alive by then so I can't tell you what to do there since obviously it depends on what happens in the day phases after I die.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 pm

Didn't you?
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:50 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am I have a genuine townread of Sprit

Someone send help

did nook just tr every member of the scum team

why is that anti-aligned again?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:52 pm

Someone send help

nah i think it's because sprityo doesn't do this "i smell like lavendar, townread me plz!" stuff with a buddy lol
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:51 pm I assume the correct play after clearing out JPIC is to just mow down the rest of the POE.

I'm not a huge fan of how ted didn't do much today, not sure if the interaction with nutella balances that out. Wilgy has done fuck all after a decent tone Day 1 and some really sketchy pushes, so he goes in the POE too. Long Con is in the POE as well, and so is Dizzy. Mow them all down, and then re-evaluate the gamestate after that and figure out who was wrongly townread. Trust the hard towncore still, but start opening up your mind to possibilities of dyachei or samu or whoever being scum if the game doesn't end after that POE is cleared. I probably won't be alive by then so I can't tell you what to do there since obviously it depends on what happens in the day phases after I die.
I am inordinately proud of having not been mentioned here.
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:51 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 pm

Didn't you?
No that was definitely you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:45 pm

yea idk where we go after we get whichever of nook or jpic is the capper

after that the easy targets are kinda gone unless we get more mech on ppl
I'm not super bothered. Role madness games are very swingy and town have lost zero players so far. We have a massive mech advantage now. We should really be 3p hunting tonight I think.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:49 pm psa: if anyone is searching for my interactions with sprit, search for "spirit" instead. i was calling him that for ages before i realized that wasn't his name lmao
i remember you called phighter “plighter” for like the entire time he was alive in sf3

one of your many talents
i am a monolith of not paying attention to peoples usernames
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:53 pm

Someone send help

nah i think it's because sprityo doesn't do this "i smell like lavendar, townread me plz!" stuff with a buddy lol
And Nanook would be less wrong if he was mafia.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:53 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:51 pm I assume the correct play after clearing out JPIC is to just mow down the rest of the POE.

I am inordinately proud of having not been mentioned here.
you had a good enough EoD2 (towntelling multiple times, murdering sprityo in a situation where mafia would definitely not want to bus) that I am willing to put you above afks. you're probably still below the dyachei/samu/radishes "solid townread" territory but I no longer actively want to kill you
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tbf i dont think there was like... a ton to do today anyway since the yeet was basically pre-ordained

it makes it kinda hard to solve when we’ve had runaway wagons both days. sprit was outed maf and nut may as well have been. and jpic will be the same. so it could be a bit before we actually start having real wagons and pushes and stuff to analyze
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:53 pm

Someone send help

i mean i think he could? but it doesn’t have to be
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm pretty onboard with all of this, particularly want to highlight that I think Samu needs looking into.

We have two flips and no town dead with a towncore of what I consider very good players. The best thing for us to do is to actually solve the game the way town are meant to solve the game. Let's be mountainous for a while.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:55 pm

tbf i dont think there was like... a ton to do today anyway since the yeet was basically pre-ordained

it makes it kinda hard to solve when we’ve had runaway wagons both days. sprit was outed maf and nut may as well have been. and jpic will be the same. so it could be a bit before we actually start having real wagons and pushes and stuff to analyze
"It's hard for me to solve because we executed the mafia so quickly and decisively that it's hard to do VCA" is a problem I wish I had more often.

That said, the point of a POE isn't that everyone in it is necessarily a scumbutt. The point is that everyone in it isn't townie. That's why it's elimination. We kill everyone who's not town for sure, and the scum has to be somewhere in there.

Return to “Previous Jobs”