alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:39 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:30 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:10 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:05 pm tbh i feel less good about radishes than i do odd and poison so idk if he should be there. maybe one lower
Radishes is an uncountered doc claim on a night with no kill though. I kinda have to put him pretty high.
yea but there are other ways kills could be stopped. there’s too many unknowns for me to treat him as lock. he doesn’t have the thread presence for it. but i do doubt he’s scum. he’s just not like in the lock tier
True. The flip side is that no one has pushed him. If you were a doc (or jail keeper) who protected someone and might also have prevented the kill I know you wouldn't necessarily want to just out for a claim war, but wouldn't you at least be probing in Radishes direction here? Near as I can tell everyone just said, "oh, okay, so that's where the kill went, makes sense" and got on to other business.
idk it’s not worth thinking about right now. it’s just speculation
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:38 pm the idea that i both watched and post capped mac is pretty lol though

i’ve caught two wolves and am very likely dying immediately. so i wouldn’t worry tim
I know. I also volunteered my song title which probably makes me vulnerable to who knows what, and have attracted a number of tunnelers that may well include a town vig that imagines themselves as the hero that stopped Tim's evil master plan so I expect to be having cocktails with you in spec chat where we can really laugh about it.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:42 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:38 pm the idea that i both watched and post capped mac is pretty lol though

i’ve caught two wolves and am very likely dying immediately. so i wouldn’t worry tim
I know. I also volunteered my song title which probably makes me vulnerable to who knows what, and have attracted a number of tunnelers that may well include a town vig that imagines themselves as the hero that stopped Tim's evil master plan so I expect to be having cocktails with you in spec chat where we can really laugh about it.
:cheers:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

or :beer: even
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:37 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:34 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:28 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:42 pm right the post capper. we assume its a wolf action?

what if its a town negative utility action by nanook or jpic and they couldnt have claimed it due to restriction?

what if its fake report from sprityo?

eh whatever
even if they couldn’t claim i think they would have alluded to it if either were town

and i don’t think it can be a fake report. that’s not what a report is really. report is like from an investigative i think. sprit was like a tailor basically as far as i can tell
Interestingly, you provide the perfect example. I've considered "post cap could be a side effect of being watched" and I know you are claim restricted...but I also trust that you'd have said things like "let's not get so wound up in this post cap thing" or supported people saying that it could be just a side effect.

I don't think the wolves sent two people to Mac. I think they sent one and the 3P is the post capper and that the post cap is also a mark for later destruction.
well i think we’ll find out about the post capper soon because it very likely can only be nook or jpic. if we find out its neither of them it means it was an undetectable ability. i don’t see the point of thinking too hard about it now
I'm not wanting to kill JPIC. I do want to kill Nanook (no offense bruh) but I'm kinda bought in on JPIC as town cop. Like enough that I'm seriously entertaining ninja 3P post capper if it isn't Nanook.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

maybe ted should just kill one of JPIC/nanook in the night so we can all stop talking about this and hunt for the scum in the upper POE
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:49 pm maybe ted should just kill one of JPIC/nanook in the night so we can all stop talking about this and hunt for the scum in the upper POE
I vote Nanook.
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

lets kill everyone \o/
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:49 pm maybe ted should just kill one of JPIC/nanook in the night so we can all stop talking about this and hunt for the scum in the upper POE
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:54 pm lets kill everyone \o/
I'm telling ya, 19 shot rapid fire strong man vig gun and I got this thing SOLVED.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally is a Sloonei alt.
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:10 pm The simple fact that we know there's a mafia rolecop and we have a cop with a check on Mac coming out just screams mafia to me.

Maybe it's bias but maybe it's just occam's razor.

Why would town jpic go to Mac when he was town reading him instead of choosing two of his nulls at his own will.

Like, come on. Seriously.

No matter how much he'd be trying to solve here ; nobody has yet to give an actual answer to this.

If you are a mafia rolecop and you are caught by a watcher, the easiest thing to do is claim alignment cop when you're mafia rolecop.

I'm willing to yeet a potential town cop when the "coincidences" are so glaring to fit my theory.

We have 2 mafia roles left, yeah? 1 of them is mafia role cop confirmed by Poison. We know the other is a post capper.

I really don't know why I have to be talking about this. It would be very lame if both nanook and jpic are wolves but it is very probable that's the case lol.

feel free to poke holes in my case because I do miss things and it's late.
do you think like 3 wolves or 2 wolves and 1 3p targeted mac?

because i doubt a role cop visited mac otherwise
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:07 pm Image
lmao
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

lock town: (i will never vote for these people)

hally (self-explanatory)
mac (self-explanatory)
alison (self-explanatory)
juliets (interactions w/nutella clear her, i don't read her as 3p)

strong town lean:
tutuu - (conviction on her read on me felt incredibly genuine, i doubt she would have this approach as scum/3p)
oddmerta - (frustrating/overly stubborn reads but tonally very pure and good interactions w/the flipped wolves)
poison - (incredibly pure tone and great interactions with the flipped wolves)

weaker town leans:
master radishes - (interactions with sprit imply that they arent teamed, the rest of their game has been invisible to me)
samu - (incredibly pure tone and that's basically it)
tonystarkprime/colin - (pretty good interactions with nutella)
dyachei - (tbh i don't find them that towny but some of their interactions with nutella are indicative of them not being partnered and everyone with meta on dyachei is saying this is their town game)

scummy:
drwigly - (weak interactions w/the flipped wolves and hasn't towntold)
Dyslexicon - (bad interactions & bad tone, would not surprise me if they were a wolf or 3p)
herm - (bad interactions with nutella. like, really bad)
JPIC - (seems transparent to me that this is scum that claimed to investigate mac because they realized they got caught visiting. i have no idea why anyone is townreading him)
nanook - (i actually find this tone slightly more towny than JPIC's but i feel obligated to put him in this tier because of the visit)
long con - (comparatively less scummy than the other people in this tier but hasn't made an impression on me whatsoever)
ted - (this one is probably unpopular but i cant think of a single thing ted has done this game that i would call towny. he just hasn't and i dont understand why he'd be so demotivated as town)
tim: - (i dont love his pushes and a lot of his posts feel like scum aggressively flailing. i do not tr him)

if i had to rank that bottom tier from least scummy to most scummy, it'd be:

long con
ted
dyslexicon
nanook
herm
tim
drwigly
JPIC
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:11 pm Hally is a Sloonei alt.
now we’re getting somewhere
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 pm lock town: (i will never vote for these people)

hally (self-explanatory)
mac (self-explanatory)

strong town lean:
tutuu - (conviction on her read on me felt incredibly genuine, i doubt she would have this approach as scum/3p)
oddmerta - (frustrating/overly stubborn reads but tonally very pure and good interactions w/the flipped wolves)

weaker town leans:
master radishes - (interactions with sprit imply that they arent teamed, the rest of their game has been invisible to me)
dyachei - (tbh i don't find them that towny but some of their interactions with nutella are indicative of them not being partnered and everyone with meta on dyachei is saying this is their town game)

scummy:
Dyslexicon - (bad interactions & bad tone, would not surprise me if they were a wolf or 3p)
JPIC - (seems transparent to me that this is scum that claimed to investigate mac because they realized they got caught visiting. i have no idea why anyone is townreading him)
nanook - (i actually find this tone slightly more towny than JPIC's but i feel obligated to put him in this tier because of the visit)
long con - (comparatively less scummy than the other people in this tier but hasn't made an impression on me whatsoever)
ted - (this one is probably unpopular but i cant think of a single thing ted has done this game that i would call towny. he just hasn't and i dont understand why he'd be so demotivated as town)
tim: - (i dont love his pushes and a lot of his posts feel like scum aggressively flailing. i do not tr him)

long con
ted
dyslexicon
nanook
herm
tim
drwigly
JPIC
worth noting that im hunting for scum and not 3p here. i dont care about finding 3p as much right now
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 pm lock town: (i will never vote for these people)

hally (self-explanatory)
mac (self-explanatory)

strong town lean:

weaker town leans:

scummy:

long con
ted
dyslexicon
nanook
herm
tim
drwigly
JPIC
this is a good list in the sense that im very confident all scum are in the bottom tier and would happily nuke that entire list tbh
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 pm

hally (self-explanatory)
mac (self-explanatory)

strong town lean:

weaker town leans:

scummy:

long con
ted
dyslexicon
nanook
herm
tim
drwigly
JPIC
worth noting that im hunting for scum and not 3p here. i dont care about finding 3p as much right now
finally someone else that realizes wolves are still priority
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i don’t think its bad to start thinking about 3p now but i agree they shouldn’t be a priority when we have three mafia left and so many ppl alive. if we get em we get em but im not gonna go out of my way to 3p hunt now
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:40 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:10 pm The simple fact that we know there's a mafia rolecop and we have a cop with a check on Mac coming out just screams mafia to me.

Maybe it's bias but maybe it's just occam's razor.

Why would town jpic go to Mac when he was town reading him instead of choosing two of his nulls at his own will.

Like, come on. Seriously.

No matter how much he'd be trying to solve here ; nobody has yet to give an actual answer to this.

If you are a mafia rolecop and you are caught by a watcher, the easiest thing to do is claim alignment cop when you're mafia rolecop.

I'm willing to yeet a potential town cop when the "coincidences" are so glaring to fit my theory.

We have 2 mafia roles left, yeah? 1 of them is mafia role cop confirmed by Poison. We know the other is a post capper.

I really don't know why I have to be talking about this. It would be very lame if both nanook and jpic are wolves but it is very probable that's the case lol.

feel free to poke holes in my case because I do miss things and it's late.
do you think like 3 wolves or 2 wolves and 1 3p targeted mac?

because i doubt a role cop visited mac otherwise
the theory that wolves hit mac with role cop + night action falsifier seems plausible to me. you want to know what exactly got falsified so you can roll with it and manipulate it into something that benefits you and effectively lead mac down the wrong path.

that leaves a third person who... could be a lot of things. post capper, random townie role (cop or nanook's doublevoting role thing), 3P, etc.
Alison

Post by Alison »

i don't see a point in separating 3p and mafia hunting because frankly we're going to take the same approach to both which is "nuke the poe lmao"

the only difference is that you have to be aware that people cleared purely off interactions with mafia can still be 3P. that's all.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Town:
hally
mac
alison
juliets

poison
tutuu
spf
MR

Lean town:
odd
drwilgy
samu
ted
colin
tim

Null
dizzy
herm

Lean wolf
nanook
jpic
Alison

Post by Alison »

hi dyachei, talk to me about your wilgy tr

also odd should be higher than a lean given they had super duper anti-aligned interactions with nut
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i havent read those. I think wilgy is too bold to be a wolf? he's basically open wolfing if he is a wolf at times
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

odd has been kind of annoying me with his tim tunnel so i probably should look back at his posts, but i can't make myself do it yet
staypositivefriend
Hitman

can someone who trs ted explain what they see in him? im just Not getting good vibes from him so far even if his avatar is cute
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i can't really put into words why I think he's villagery. more of a feel thing
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

This game is now annoying.

Spending a little while on night 2 doing some 3p hunting isn't a big deal especially since I had concluded Sprityo interaction analysis anyway. It's not like the whole thread is oogity boogity over the 3p. Dyachei just do whatever you want.

Also Tutuu please don't try to wreck my JPIC plan. I explained the plan at length. If we let him check people who are in the POE in this gamestate he can just bus.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:59 pm can someone who trs ted explain what they see in him? im just Not getting good vibes from him so far even if his avatar is cute
As someone who just lost to mafia Ted he's playing nearly the exact same game.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:03 pm This game is now annoying.

Spending a little while on night 2 doing some 3p hunting isn't a big deal especially since I had concluded Sprityo interaction analysis anyway. It's not like the whole thread is oogity boogity over the 3p. Dyachei just do whatever you want.

Also Tutuu please don't try to wreck my JPIC plan. I explained the plan at length. If we let him check people who are in the POE in this gamestate he can just bus.
How long do we let him live if he keeps coming back with the expected green checks and the wolves don't kill him is the complicated question, but I like your plan.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:04 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:59 pm can someone who trs ted explain what they see in him? im just Not getting good vibes from him so far even if his avatar is cute
As someone who just won against mafia Ted...yeah there too.
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:15 pm @Justplayingitcool what did you find wolfy about Mac that caused you to change your mind and check him instead? Did he have a bad progression on nutella? If so, why? What posts gave you bad feelings?
It was a hero, yolo shot.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i actually have a big concern about mac's plan for JPIC if he ~is~ scum (and i think he is), but i dont wanna express it so that i dont give maf any ideas lmao

but there is a way it could backfire
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:38 pm i actually have a big concern about mac's plan for JPIC if he ~is~ scum (and i think he is), but i dont wanna express it so that i dont give maf any ideas lmao

I know what you're referring to.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:38 pm i actually have a big concern about mac's plan for JPIC if he ~is~ scum (and i think he is), but i dont wanna express it so that i dont give maf any ideas lmao

I know what you're referring to.
yeah it wouldnt be the end of the world if it happened but it's worth keeping in mind. im mostly just making this post so that if it ~does~ happen, i can quote this as a reference
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:04 pm
As someone who just won against mafia Ted...yeah there too.
i was just about to say "i think ted could be scum here actually, he's playing this exactly the way he should/would if he was scum"
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

would he be this laid back while his team was getting destroyed?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:08 pm would he be this laid back while his team was getting destroyed?
Maybe?

If he thinks of himself as a good deep wolf/lone wolf type I'm sure he wouldn't feel like loosing a couple pack mates is the end of the world. At F3 it only takes one wolf to win.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:08 pm would he be this laid back while his team was getting destroyed?
within his scum range
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:53 pm Town:
hally
mac
alison
juliets

poison
tutuu
spf
MR

Lean town:
odd
drwilgy
samu
ted
colin
tim

Null
dizzy
herm

Lean wolf
nanook
jpic
This is exactly where I like to be on lists.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i knew I was forgetting someone long con, you're still in my nulls
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] do you have a reads list
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i will be disappointed if at least ten ppl don’t die tonight
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Our internet is down. Trying to fix it. Bbs.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DrWilgy »

tutuu wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:16 pm @DrWilgy ur mafia dude
Not this time.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MAPHia
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 151

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 pm
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

if i die i fully trust in my tr’s. mac, alison and spf in particular. their reads are my legacy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 64

Re: Radiohead Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Night 2

'What was that you tried to say?'

Hally has been killed. They were...
Everything In Its Right Place.
Album: Kid A

'Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon.’
Each Night you can watch a player of your choice to find out who, if anyone, targets them that Night. You cannot roleclaim.

You are a Civilian. You win when all threats are eliminated.

'It's always better on the outside'

Justplayingitcool has been killed. They were...
Climbing Up the Walls.
Album: OK Computer
(Mafia)

‘Do not cry out or hit the alarm’
3 times during the game, you can post-cap a player for a Day phase: that player will be restricted from surpassing 50% of their previous day’s post total, rounded up to the nearest whole number.

‘It’s always best when the light is off.’
As long as you are alive, the thread will default to being locked at night.

You are Mafia...

It is Day 3. You have 48 hours to eliminate somebody.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”