staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by staypositivefriend »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:49 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:47 am @Oddmerta

who's in the bottom of your POE right now? me, tim, and drwigly? who else?
Are you up for a little speculation about mechanics? My drive to kill Wilgy is faltering.

PS...you really do misspell everyone's names, don't you?
sure, why are you skeptical about the wilgy lynch? what's making you doubtful?

also yeah, i do, lmao. i am notoriously bad at paying attention to other peoples usernames
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Maybe Dyslexicon and samusamu, getting rid of Hally would help a scum dys cause and samu completely fell off the more town has dominated. Could be side effect of having the team of spirit and jpic memes
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:51 am Odd, if you can put aside your tunneling hat for a bit I'd even appreciate your opinion
Me and you, we can talk other things directly but on the side I consider it my duty to get you voted
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:39 am Hey Nanook you wanna speculate on a mechanics question? I already asked Sloonei but...

A) he hasn't answered yet

B) he may choose not to
I may or may not have been paying minimal attention at best to mechanics but yes go for it I love mech spec
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:51 am

Are you up for a little speculation about mechanics? My drive to kill Wilgy is faltering.

also yeah, i do, lmao. i am notoriously bad at paying attention to other peoples usernames
So here's the thing...Wilgy's claim, on it's own, has that "too complicated to have been made up" feel. Mac acknowledged that and Wilgy joked back in a really towny natural way.

But part of his claim is a track on JPIC to Tutuu's. When Tutuu didn't get post capped she and Wilgy arrived at "well JPIC must have just gone to make it look like he was following Mac's plan." No offense to Tutuu, but that doesn't wash and I blasted Wilgy, who disappeared. (maybe just because he was leaving anyway)

But I took it as he has no answer for "bull, he can't just wander around, if he went to Tutuu's he went to post cap, and she didn't get postcapped."

However, it later struck me that if the order of resolution goes a certain way Wilgy gets his track, then JPIC gets vigged, then JPIC's postcap doesn't go because he is dead.

And I think...why does Wilgy create this elaborate claim with a huge hole in it? This is just real.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:39 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I gave Dr Wilgy my town shield ever since he told me how to upload avatars. I have suspected spf and timsup ever since they had this weird outing themselves banter with Hally on day 1

spf and timsup are now both voting for Dr Wilgy, will you join me on a tim wagon?
Probably just gonna be sheeping alison/mac today, sorry!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:01 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:39 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I gave Dr Wilgy my town shield ever since he told me how to upload avatars. I have suspected spf and timsup ever since they had this weird outing themselves banter with Hally on day 1

spf and timsup are now both voting for Dr Wilgy, will you join me on a tim wagon?
Probably just gonna be sheeping alison/mac today, sorry!
They are gonna be moving eventually. Radishes got pretty sure mech cleared.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other

Most of the time order of ops is such that dying people still get their ability off, i.e. a post capper would still cap someone’s posts if they die the same night

That said if they’re mafia together presumably wilgy would’ve known JPIC’s target so it’s not really a slip unless JPIC was roleblocked, in which case it’s probably a slip
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Vote Wilgy
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:04 am

That said if they’re mafia together presumably wilgy would’ve known JPIC’s target so it’s not really a slip unless JPIC was roleblocked, in which case it’s probably a slip
hmm can any town roleblocker speak up? if u rb'd jpic wilgy might be outed mafia from ur pov?

if u cant claim due to restriction, just know that wilgy is outed mafia from ur pov?

also something something redirectors. dunno. mechanic complex. needs big brain. me big heart but small brain. me no mech solve
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

This needs to be cleared up pronto
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:04 am Most of the time order of ops is such that dying people still get their ability off, i.e. a post capper would still cap someone’s posts if they die the same night

So I was right initially, in your opinion, that JPIC could not have visited Tutuu and been tracked. Like they had a plan where JPIC carries the kill on Hally (which as the about dead anyway wolf he is the obvious choice) but claims to have checked Tutuu as instructed...and Wilgy backs him with the track...
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:59 am

So here's the thing...Wilgy's claim, on it's own, has that "too complicated to have been made up" feel. Mac acknowledged that and Wilgy joked back in a really towny natural way.

But part of his claim is a track on JPIC to Tutuu's. When Tutuu didn't get post capped she and Wilgy arrived at "well JPIC must have just gone to make it look like he was following Mac's plan." No offense to Tutuu, but that doesn't wash and I blasted Wilgy, who disappeared. (maybe just because he was leaving anyway)

But I took it as he has no answer for "bull, he can't just wander around, if he went to Tutuu's he went to post cap, and she didn't get postcapped."

However, it later struck me that if the order of resolution goes a certain way Wilgy gets his track, then JPIC gets vigged, then JPIC's postcap doesn't go because he is dead.

And I think...why does Wilgy create this elaborate claim with a huge hole in it? This is just real.
the most simple explanation i can give for this is that wilgy simply claimed that tutuu visited JPIC because he's scum and he had the TMI to correctly know where tutuu was going. i could see a world where wilgy decided to claim where his partner visited without much regard for how complicated the mechanics would become

but let's say we do live in a world where wilgy is town - where would that leave your reads? do you think all the pr claims are real in that case?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

[mention]tutuu[/mention] can you please double check your inbox just to make sure you haven't been postcapped.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Plan gets borked when JPIC gets vigged.
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

oddmerta's reads are so consistently vague & off that it's making it impossible for me to lock him as town. i feel a cognitive dissonance between the way that he's confidently coming into the thread declaring himself an expert mafia player while unironically suggesting that he's scumreading people for jokingly claiming mafia in the pre-game. perhaps i'll elaborate on this when i am more sober because i don't want to come off as mean lmao

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:08 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:04 am Most of the time order of ops is such that dying people still get their ability off, i.e. a post capper would still cap someone’s posts if they die the same night

So I was right initially, in your opinion, that JPIC could not have visited Tutuu and been tracked. Like they had a plan where JPIC carries the kill on Hally (which as the about dead anyway wolf he is the obvious choice) but claims to have checked Tutuu as instructed...and Wilgy backs him with the track...
Would require tutu to be mafia lying about not being post capped, but that’s pretty silly so

Idk why wilgy lies about it after jpic is dead tho that’s pretty silly
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:09 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:59 am

the most simple explanation i can give for this is that wilgy simply claimed that tutuu visited JPIC because he's scum and he had the TMI to correctly know where tutuu was going. i could see a world where wilgy decided to claim where his partner visited without much regard for how complicated the mechanics would become

but let's say we do live in a world where wilgy is town - where would that leave your reads? do you think all the pr claims are real in that case?
No, I was just really going off on Wigy's because it had this hole in it...but at first glance it did seem really good...if he hadn't just casually gotten talking to Tutuu and been lead to a really not good concept...but he went along with her and Wilgy would have just known better. Then when I came in and called him on it he ghosted.
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:09 am @tutuu can you please double check your inbox just to make sure you haven't been postcapped.
unfortunately for town, i am indeed not post-capped!!!
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:11 am oddmerta's reads are so consistently vague & off that it's making it impossible for me to lock him as town. i feel a cognitive dissonance between the way that he's confidently coming into the thread declaring himself an expert mafia player while unironically suggesting that he's scumreading people for jokingly claiming mafia in the pre-game. perhaps i'll elaborate on this when i am more sober because i don't want to come off as mean lmao
i dont think i can ever see you as mean!!! :hugs:
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:11 am oddmerta's reads are so consistently vague & off that it's making it impossible for me to lock him as town. i feel a cognitive dissonance between the way that he's confidently coming into the thread declaring himself an expert mafia player while unironically suggesting that he's scumreading people for jokingly claiming mafia in the pre-game. perhaps i'll elaborate on this when i am more sober because i don't want to come off as mean lmao
I suspect I've already been meaner to him than you are likely to be...he's pretty tough.
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

It is too big ignore, it takes precedence over my tunnels
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

What's the opposite of mean? That's what spf is being
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:12 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:08 am

Would require tutu to be mafia lying about not being post capped, but that’s pretty silly so

Idk why wilgy lies about it after jpic is dead tho that’s pretty silly
Didn't think it through. Arrives to find JPIC vigged and Mac is already demanding claims and just goes with the really well done fake that he had ready...not thinking about how the vig changes it.

And Hally dies anyway because the faction kill automatically goes to another wolf when JPIC gets vigged?
ImageImageImageImage

So the claim state in question is

Wilgy tracks JPIC to tutu
Tutu says she isn’t post capped
Wilgy claims this post JPIC dying

If he’s mafia and the plan was for him to claim to track JPIC to tutu this is a monumentally stupid plan to begin with cause it outs both of them after I flip town today, which is so not worth it at all

So unless scum were just incredibly stupid (which I know for sure that Wilgy is not) and wanted to trade 2 of them for one of me, then Wilgy forgot JPIC died and flipped when talking to tutu.....Wilgy probably just town I’m thinking
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

I want to tinfoil on Wilgy's behalf but it just looks too bad for him
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:14 am It is too big ignore, it takes precedence over my tunnels
What happens if Wilgy flips wolf with my spear through his heart...being the great mafia player that you are do you possibly reassess your day zero reads?
ImageImageImageImage

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game with order of ops where the NK carry getting vigged stopped the NK so that’s not even a consideration for me.

On the other hand I have a super hard time imagining JPIC actually visiting tutu cause that’s outing so idk
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:17 am So the claim state in question is

Wilgy tracks JPIC to tutu
Tutu says she isn’t post capped
Wilgy claims this post JPIC dying

If he’s mafia and the plan was for him to claim to track JPIC to tutu this is a monumentally stupid plan to begin with cause it outs both of them after I flip town today, which is so not worth it at all

So unless scum were just incredibly stupid (which I know for sure that Wilgy is not) and wanted to trade 2 of them for one of me, then Wilgy forgot JPIC died and flipped when talking to tutu.....Wilgy probably just town I’m thinking
But if he is just town how does he have a track on JPIC going to Tutuu's in the first place?
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

A scum Radishes could have have messed with his invest results by graverobbing spirit

Maybe Wilgy got redirected and he tracked someone else visiting tutuu

Or this is the most likely the case, Wilgy lied

Idk man, either scenario the scum team played pretty suboptimally!

Tutu is it possible you were jailkept last night?

ScumWilgy claiming a track on JPIC that he knows can be disproven by the person he claims tracking JPIC to not being post capped is like

Insane

On the other hand JPIC visiting tutu when he’s outed the next day by her having a post cap is also insane

So I don’t fucking know

And my memory of wilgy as scum is that he’s a pretty careful player wrt what he says in thread so him making that mistake is like

Mind boggling for me
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 am Idk man, either scenario the scum team played pretty suboptimally!
I'm thinking maybe bold play and they actually save JPIC. Think about it with no vig...JPIC claims a green on Tutuu. Wilgy makes this pretty great fake claim with a track on JPIC "because I wanted to maybe resolve the cop one way or another." You get chopped for sure.

It's already floating that maybe the postcapper is a 3P ninja or something. Wilgy "tracks" JPIC to another assigned check...do we kill that? Maybe not right away...and the longer they keep JPIC treading water, even though Wilgy is right behind him, the longer we aren't finding the last wolf.

I can see the wolf side.
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 am Tutu is it possible you were jailkept last night?
I am the jailkeeper!

If Wilgy is town, the only explanation I have is that mafia or 3p redirected juliets (the second pseudo-jailkeeper) to me, preventing me from getting afflicted, but JPIC still gets to visit me
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 am Tutu is it possible you were jailkept last night?
Tutu is the jailkeeper.
ImageImageImageImage

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:26 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 am Idk man, either scenario the scum team played pretty suboptimally!
I'm thinking maybe bold play and they actually save JPIC. Think about it with no vig...JPIC claims a green on Tutuu. Wilgy makes this pretty great fake claim with a track on JPIC "because I wanted to maybe resolve the cop one way or another." You get chopped for sure.

It's already floating that maybe the postcapper is a 3P ninja or something. Wilgy "tracks" JPIC to another assigned check...do we kill that? Maybe not right away...and the longer they keep JPIC treading water, even though Wilgy is right behind him, the longer we aren't finding the last wolf.

I can see the wolf side.
As soon as I flip town JPIC is turboed 99% of the time

And wilgy immediately after that in this world
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

I see NO world where JPIC actually visits anyone. But if he just holsters and CLAIMS he visited, with a green check...
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:23 am ScumWilgy claiming a track on JPIC that he knows can be disproven by the person he claims tracking JPIC to not being post capped is like

Insane

On the other hand JPIC visiting tutu when he’s outed the next day by her having a post cap is also insane

So I don’t fucking know
I dont think JPIC visitng me is insane?

I get to claim his post cap, but he gets to claim a red check on me. He can basically try to thunderdome me. And I guess he could have visited in case Hally watched me or somsthing, make it more realistic

Like there’s no way JPIC was gonna endgame even if he bought an extra day or two, so a plan where wilgy is outed after JPIC flips is like

Nonsensical

tutuu wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:28 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:23 am ScumWilgy claiming a track on JPIC that he knows can be disproven by the person he claims tracking JPIC to not being post capped is like

Insane

So I don’t fucking know

I get to claim his post cap, but he gets to claim a red check on me. He can basically try to thunderdome me. And I guess he could have visited in case Hally watched me or somsthing, make it more realistic
It is if he wants to survive another day lol, and it hard confirms you
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:28 am

I can see the wolf side.

What if you get chopped, and the next night JPIC claims another visit with green check, and Wilgy backs him with yup, tracked him there, and someone far away comes down with a post cap...does JPIC get turboed then? Or do we start thinking the post capper is a ninja?
ImageImageImageImage

Scum do play suboptimally sometimes but this would be B A N A N A S bad

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:30 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:28 am

I can see the wolf side.

What if you get chopped, and the next night JPIC claims another visit with green check, and Wilgy backs him with yup, tracked him there, and someone far away comes down with a post cap...does JPIC get turboed then? Or do we start thinking the post capper is a ninja?
Maybe not it mac is dead, but he definitely doesn’t make it to end game
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If Wilgy is town: Mafia/3P used a redirector to mess things up

If Wilgy is Mafia: Town who cant claim / 3P used roleblock on JPIC, and Wilgy didnt know that, and he didnt actually track his own teammate

I think in either case someone used their night actions to mess things up and we cant rly solve this without knowing the mech info

*if
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:28 am Like there’s no way JPIC was gonna endgame even if he bought an extra day or two, so a plan where wilgy is outed after JPIC flips is like

Nonsensical
What if when it all finally goes bad the last wolf busses them both?
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:30 am
tutuu wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:28 am

Insane

So I don’t fucking know

It is if he wants to survive another day lol, and it hard confirms you
Wasnt jpic always dying? At least from my impression. Why not try to take me down with him
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

And yeah, Mac's dead by then.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”