8%

Total votes: 39
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Oddmerta »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:03 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:01 am I want to mechanically clear timsup permanently
Well state your case amigo because from where I'm sitting the dude has worked pretty hard for town and lots of people need "permanent mechanical clearance" lol.
His snowball claim doesn't exist, he knows the scum numbers because he is one. There's always a darkness in his posts
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

If you are very certain of your Wilgy meta read I'll vote Dizzy but I think he's scum
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

I don't think JPIC targeting Tutuu would be senseless. If he thought he had a chance to survive the night he had to target into the POE I gave him. He could have just hit her with it and then said "well I copped her, she's red/green/yellow whatever" and then she claims the postcap and then try to push that the mafia must have targeted her as well (they knew Hally was dying) or that she is faking the postcap (if he chose red).

I am not saying "how dare you, must be a wolf" btw. I think Wilgy is pretty short odds to be mafia frankly. I just think he auto resolves.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:01 am I want to mechanically clear timsup permanently
Well state your case amigo because from where I'm sitting the dude has worked pretty hard for town and lots of people need "permanent mechanical clearance" lol.
His snowball claim doesn't exist, he knows the scum numbers because he is one. There's always a darkness in his posts
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Oh, it was on the next page. I thought it didn't send
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:17 am If you are very certain of your Wilgy meta read I'll vote Dizzy but I think he's scum
Like it didn't matter that JPIC was scum yesterday it doesn't matter whether Wilgy is scum now because the long term plan is set and we're in the box seat. It'd take a miracle for the mafia to win now and if we flip Dizzy green here it's just cop checking a slank slot that's contributing nothing anyway (and frankly he can't have that epic a town role cuz look at what we already have). We can check Wilgy in other ways (ie. feel free to cop check him lol).
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:18 am
Saying one line twice doesn't double the merits of your case.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And like I said I'd also accept a Samu yeet for the same reasons Alison and I do believe you're more scumreading Samu than Dizzy so feel free to push that way if you're so inclined.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:17 am I don't think JPIC targeting Tutuu would be senseless. If he thought he had a chance to survive the night he had to target into the POE I gave him. He could have just hit her with it and then said "well I copped her, she's red/green/yellow whatever" and then she claims the postcap and then try to push that the mafia must have targeted her as well (they knew Hally was dying) or that she is faking the postcap (if he chose red).

I am not saying "how dare you, must be a wolf" btw. I think Wilgy is pretty short odds to be mafia frankly. I just think he auto resolves.
All he had to do was holster and say "green check." The watcher was dying. No one had outed as a tracker. Or red check. Whichever.

Hell he could have postcapped some vagrant like me and still claimed a check on Tutuu. Create some confusion at least.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:19 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:18 am
Saying one line twice doesn't double the merits of your case.
Actually it does, it's called ironic repitition like in Marc Antony's speech from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: Dizzay ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:17 am I don't think JPIC targeting Tutuu would be senseless. If he thought he had a chance to survive the night he had to target into the POE I gave him. He could have just hit her with it and then said "well I copped her, she's red/green/yellow whatever" and then she claims the postcap and then try to push that the mafia must have targeted her as well (they knew Hally was dying) or that she is faking the postcap (if he chose red).

All he had to do was holster and say "green check." The watcher was dying. No one had outed as a tracker. Or red check. Whichever.

Hell he could have postcapped some vagrant like me and still claimed a check on Tutuu. Create some confusion at least.
Just because nobody had outed as a tracker doesn't mean that he wouldn't have been caught lying if he didn't actually go there. And they had confirmation there was a watcher (and whatever else they've rolecopped) so they would have just assumed there was a tracker. JPIC absolutely needed to visit wherever he planned to fake the cop check.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[mention]dyachei[/mention] how'd you vig and track someone at the same time? :confused:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

There are also other roles that can confirm whether people move. Motion detector (your very own claim) for one. Voyeur is another.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:27 am @dyachei how'd you vig and track someone at the same time? :confused:
She didn't vig anyone. TSP vigged JPIC (and also doctored Hally).
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:19 am
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:17 am If you are very certain of your Wilgy meta read I'll vote Dizzy but I think he's scum
Like it didn't matter that JPIC was scum yesterday it doesn't matter whether Wilgy is scum now because the long term plan is set and we're in the box seat. It'd take a miracle for the mafia to win now and if we flip Dizzy green here it's just cop checking a slank slot that's contributing nothing anyway (and frankly he can't have that epic a town role cuz look at what we already have). We can check Wilgy in other ways (ie. feel free to cop check him lol).
Can we talk about Wilgy resolving? Other than with cop checks that is. Because that's another difference between him and JPIC as claimed cop.

There are two wolves left. Wilgy ONLY gets to track if he votes a wolf over. So if he votes on the first one he gets one track to aim at the second one. Otherwise he's a randomly placed watcher. He's already shown that with 21 choices he managed to randomly land in the one spot that he was truly useless. We are never likely to look at a result from him and say "okay, that's a clear." He has to either consume one of our real cop checks, or he has to die...just like Samu or Dizzy...and while they are unknown slackers this dude has wolf equity like the fucking National Bank of the Woods.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you ask me whether in JPIC's situation with his role I choose to holster and fake claim cop, in this game, or whether I just target my cop claim with a post cap and try to play it off like the mafia must have hit her too, I choose the latter every time.

For one, I wouldn't have realised your role had changed from motion detector yet (or whether you were full of shit about it ever changing), I'd be fearful of being tracked (I'm JPIC ffs I'm absolutely a track target). Whatever range of other things.

Not moving at all and rolling with a fake check knowing you're bound to get yeeted anyway is probably the worst way to play it. Post capping Alison or some other talkative town and then going back to lolcatting is a better play than that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:31 am
Can we talk about Wilgy resolving? Other than with cop checks that is. Because that's another difference between him and JPIC as claimed cop.

There are two wolves left. Wilgy ONLY gets to track if he votes a wolf over. So if he votes on the first one he gets one track to aim at the second one. Otherwise he's a randomly placed watcher. He's already shown that with 21 choices he managed to randomly land in the one spot that he was truly useless. We are never likely to look at a result from him and say "okay, that's a clear." He has to either consume one of our real cop checks, or he has to die...just like Samu or Dizzy...and while they are unknown slackers this dude has wolf equity like the fucking National Bank of the Woods.
He can auto resolve in a range of ways that don't involve him having to actually do anything. For instance if he chooses to carry he's a chance of being tracked into the NK. He might just get alignment copped. His song might get outed by some random song cop role. Who the hell knows. He doesn't have to do shit all to get resolved through mech. But he can clear himself through mech if he's town. Dyslexicon and Samu don't have that going for them.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Have either of them claimed yet? Or shown up, for that matter?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am going to stop defending him.

I don't actually particularly care who gets yeeted today but in my opinion we should just yeet the people in the POE we can't prove claims on first.

If Samu and Dizzy come out with decent verifiable claims then maybe we reassess.

But at the end of the day I don't particularly care. Day 1 and Day 2 I've more or less got my way and dominated. If someone else wants to have the stick I'm fine with it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:36 am Have either of them claimed yet? Or shown up, for that matter?
No and no. Which is >rand mafia.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

BTW, just to be clear, this is not like I think either Dizzy or Samu is a bad chop. I just think Wigly is a better chop, because, well, I really think he's a wolf.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]staypositivefriend[/mention] re: your question last night here was my thought process on holstering.

I have x number of shots. I decided to use one on N1 because I thought I might get chopped early and needed to use my ability. I thought Mac was most likely to be fingered for the kill and therefore most likely to be doctored which would likely save him from other abilities so I chose Alison. (As it turned out I should have chosen Mac).

On N2 I saw things a little differently. It didn't seem likely that I would be yeeted because I had some strong town reads and it didn't look likely that I would be NK'd soon because there were so many galaxy brains the mafia would be after, including a galaxy brain with a power role that had broken the game open. I felt like I would more likely be one of the middle tier people that made it further into the game. And I also felt like later in the game I'd have a much better idea where to use my role, so I holstered.

As it turns out I'm glad I holstered because now I have much more knowledge about who to protect. I will probably not make it to mid game but meanwhile can play a fairly important role instead of playing a guessing game with where to use my power.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy day 2: I know a great way to win as mafia, I'm gonna just amble into the thread after my teammate goes over and our kill misses, lock a vote onto my other teammate and push Mac for no particular reason. Surely that is how we will win.

Wilgy day 3: I know a great way to win as mafia, I'm gonna just amble into the thread after two of my teammates die and give zero fucks and make myself look worse.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:37 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:36 am Have either of them claimed yet? Or shown up, for that matter?
No and no. Which is >rand mafia.
Again, no argument.

Of course, we'll also see what happens when Wilgy gets my ping. His response the first time wasn't exactly key to the town caliber...but maybe he convinces even me.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:38 am BTW, just to be clear, this is not like I think either Dizzy or Samu is a bad chop. I just think Wigly is a better chop, because, well, I really think he's a wolf.
[mention]Oddmerta[/mention] do you think Wilgy is mafia?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:40 am Wilgy day 2: I know a great way to win as mafia, I'm gonna just amble into the thread after my teammate goes over and our kill misses, lock a vote onto my other teammate and push Mac for no particular reason. Surely that is how we will win.

Wilgy day 3: I know a great way to win as mafia, I'm gonna just amble into the thread after two of my teammates die and give zero fucks and make myself look worse.
the obvious hole is that after the jpic flip, idk if mafia are planning on winning
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:39 am @staypositivefriend re: your question last night here was my thought process on holstering.

I have x number of shots. I decided to use one on N1 because I thought I might get chopped early and needed to use my ability. I thought Mac was most likely to be fingered for the kill and therefore most likely to be doctored which would likely save him from other abilities so I chose Alison. (As it turned out I should have chosen Mac).

On N2 I saw things a little differently. It didn't seem likely that I would be yeeted because I had some strong town reads and it didn't look likely that I would be NK'd soon because there were so many galaxy brains the mafia would be after, including a galaxy brain with a power role that had broken the game open. I felt like I would more likely be one of the middle tier people that made it further into the game. And I also felt like later in the game I'd have a much better idea where to use my role, so I holstered.

As it turns out I'm glad I holstered because now I have much more knowledge about who to protect. I will probably not make it to mid game but meanwhile can play a fairly important role instead of playing a guessing game with where to use my power.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dope answer. Tbh my issue with you not holstering stemmed more from misreading you as a regular doctor at first.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:41 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:40 am Wilgy day 2: I know a great way to win as mafia, I'm gonna just amble into the thread after my teammate goes over and our kill misses, lock a vote onto my other teammate and push Mac for no particular reason. Surely that is how we will win.

the obvious hole is that after the jpic flip, idk if mafia are planning on winning
Have you scummed with Wilgy before?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:40 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:38 am BTW, just to be clear, this is not like I think either Dizzy or Samu is a bad chop. I just think Wigly is a better chop, because, well, I really think he's a wolf.
@Oddmerta do you think Wilgy is mafia?
I didn't but that claim is a mega oof
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:42 am

This is where meta is a useless argument in the context of the game, where mafia is getting railed.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:42 am
If Wilgy flips mafia will you give up on Tim being mafia?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:42 am

This is where meta is a useless argument in the context of the game, where mafia is getting railed.
Not really tbh. Wilgy is the sort of mafia who will play a game out that's dire because it's more of a challenge.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I'm not saying Wilgy's mafia but the way you're present Wilgy as town here is that he's not trying, which doesn't look like a good argument when mafia is being PoE'd with very low hope of winning.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Down three in two days is pretty harsh. Someone with the time and energy to be a thread driver thinks "I can solo IDGAF about the dead," but Wilgy does not seem to have that time and energy and neither do most of the people with high wolf equity.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What's the protocol on sharing old scumchat links so people can read them for meta? Lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:44 am I'm not saying Wilgy's mafia but the way you're present Wilgy as town here is that he's not trying, which doesn't look like a good argument when mafia is being PoE'd with very low hope of winning.
I am reading other people mafia for that, I just don't read Wilgy mafia for that because it's not my experience of scum Wilgy.

Neither is his apathy to sit around and watch all his teammates get obliterated. He's more of the kind to openwolf to try to save them and get town to push onto town.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Whatever - I'm not arguing against you. I believe Wilgy's EoD1 makes no sense from a wolf perspective.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

actually it would border on openwolfing but gotta ponder on it
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 am
Probably not, tunneling tim has worked out pretty well for us so far. If it aint broke
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

eh who cares

[VOTE: DrWilgy ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy ain't endgaming and he can get cracked today if people are that keen on it. I'm not, but I'm only the entire town when I'm drunk.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:46 am
tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:44 am I'm not saying Wilgy's mafia but the way you're present Wilgy as town here is that he's not trying, which doesn't look like a good argument when mafia is being PoE'd with very low hope of winning.
I am reading other people mafia for that, I just don't read Wilgy mafia for that because it's not my experience of scum Wilgy.

Neither is his apathy to sit around and watch all his teammates get obliterated. He's more of the kind to openwolf to try to save them and get town to push onto town.
Sometimes meta is subject to circumstances. I am as intense a wolf as anyone who has wolfed with me has ever encountered...and one game on CFC I was like "this will be cool, kinda coast along, multitable with of all things the spec chat invitational...and shit randed wolf." I did practically zip. My partner had to carry me like a sack of wolf meat most of the time. And yeah at least one player said "well, this isn't the guy that we sent to champs to smoke as a wolf, must be town."
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:48 am
Probably not, tunneling tim has worked out pretty well for us so far. If it aint broke
Fair. But you will right?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:56 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:51 am So let's talk about how there are only two people aside from me claiming to have infoclaiming bans. If they are both just town like surely not right?
Dude I have explained why Oddmerta is a wolf until my keys wore out. Alison says "feels towny" every time he makes a post. Talk to her.
Sometimes she listens to me and sometimes she doesn't.
I said mr was town and he was >:(
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:46 am

Sometimes meta is subject to circumstances. I am as intense a wolf as anyone who has wolfed with me has ever encountered...and one game on CFC I was like "this will be cool, kinda coast along, multitable with of all things the spec chat invitational...and shit randed wolf." I did practically zip. My partner had to carry me like a sack of wolf meat most of the time. And yeah at least one player said "well, this isn't the guy that we sent to champs to smoke as a wolf, must be town."
Your continued insistence is noted and fine.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:48 am
Way to take one for the team. :)
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:51 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:56 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:51 am So let's talk about how there are only two people aside from me claiming to have infoclaiming bans. If they are both just town like surely not right?
Dude I have explained why Oddmerta is a wolf until my keys wore out. Alison says "feels towny" every time he makes a post. Talk to her.
Sometimes she listens to me and sometimes she doesn't.
I said mr was town and he was >:(
Alison

Post by Alison »

Yeah okay.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's all rather absurd in light of the long term plan anyway. Wilgy's role in said plan is unimportant. If you want to chop him then everything I said that implies to auto solving him also applies to any number of other people. Ultimately we have a narrow pool and should just vote whoever we want in it. The mafia don't even have enough votes to push it any specific way as long as we go through our motions and eventually line up onto a wagon.

I am sure one or both of [mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] and [mention]Samusamu[/mention] show up at some point and townclear themselves here anyway.

Return to “Previous Jobs”