A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by MacDougall »

Fwiw TSP it's obvious the mafia don't have unlimited strongman shots or else they'd have landed on n1 and we wouldn't have so many protectives. That they clearly used one on Hally means there is a good chance they're out of shots entirely.

Something doesn't quite add up here though. The threat of your protection should have at the very least attracted the RB, but the RB went onto Tutuu? I wonder whether the mafia roleblocked tutuu and fired at one of us three but it was redirected onto Radishes?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

There are also people in this game who would be able to read a holster from me, maybe some risks had to be taken. But I don’t think any of them are scum.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

There’s the complicating matter here that MR actually is on the album in question
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Mafia could have assumed (perhaps correctly) that I’m out of shots already as well, one shot vig one shot doc sorta thing
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by MacDougall »

Herm wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 pm I wonder what role Nude could be?
This is funny in hindsight because I think Herm is actually claiming his song here not realising that PC made the post they did.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:09 am There’s the complicating matter here that MR actually is on the album in question
Isn't it only complicating if we believe Herm?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh you're out of shots that makes even more sense.

Maybe you were rolecopped and they already knew that you were 1 shot doc.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you are actually a 1 shot doc TSP then I'd say that's exactly why they knew they could take that shot, as the thread of doctoring kept them from firing at Alison so that actually heavily indicates that they actually are out of strongman. Only you know what the reality is, but if you are a 1 shot doc you should now believe that the Mafia rolecopped you AND that they have no strongman left.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

But then why roleblock Tutuu if not to fire at Alison?

Why roleblock Tutuu, thus letting Alison get her cop check? Makes no sense. And how come Tutuu was notified?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Didn't the host say roleblocked players get notified?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Doesn't this practically confirm that there is mafia inside SPF, Mac, Alison? The only reason I can see why they would roleblock Tutuu is to prevent themselves from getting roleblocked by her jailkeeper?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:14 am Didn't the host say roleblocked players get notified?
Only investigatives.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:10 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:09 am There’s the complicating matter here that MR actually is on the album in question
Isn't it only complicating if we believe Herm?
Well Herm’s action was locked in, and I don’t think MR had claimed. It lines up that Herm could
Wait herm was just tracked to MR?
So anyone else with a claim from that album could ruin that but I guess maybe Herm’s a wolf and the role is they learn everyone who’s on the album hm
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:14 am Doesn't this practically confirm that there is mafia inside SPF, Mac, Alison? The only reason I can see why they would roleblock Tutuu is to prevent themselves from getting roleblocked by her jailkeeper?
Alternatively— wolves have more information or just aren’t fully comprehending everything in the game
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Like wolves have one deep, sure. But block the blocker is a reasonable strategy.

Maybe a godfather too like Nanook not killing Tutuu in Philo
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I can only go by what is in front of me, the existence of a bus driver or redirector has to be ignored.

Chew on this for me town.

Master Radishes was shot despite the threat of TSP having protective. - Option 1 mafia rolecopped TSP already and realised he had no protections left. Option 2 mafia just shot through it with a strongman ... but

If they had a strongman why not just shoot Alison?

Alison's protector Tutuu was roleblocked according to her, which is weird enough because she shouldn't know this, but if the mafia really did roleblock her then why go to that trouble if they were always shooting Radishes? All it does is let SPF, Mac and Alison all get their actions off, two of whom they have no idea what we do "theoretically"?

Without shenanigans from elsewhere there has to be mafia between TSP, Tutuu, SPF and Alison based on this imo.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I mean also a redirect redirects into the person getting doctored is a completely legitimate comedy of errors
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:20 am I mean also a redirect redirects into the person getting doctored is a completely legitimate comedy of errors
But it makes everything wifom and pointless and rand to think about so we just shouldn't.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What are Alison's checks?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:23 am What are Alison's checks?
LC
me
?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We have three living green checks from Alison.

She is not a protective.

She is alive day 4.

The only world we lose to is a world in which she is mafia.

Just saying ... We shouldn't discount out of hand infoyeeting her today. I'm a bit wobbly about her alignment right now I'm ngl. It's not like we can't just turbo Herm tomorrow to get back to status quo. Yeeting her and flipping her green today hard confirms three players to every other town. At this point the mafia might not even really be able to justify flipping her for that very reason.

Just saying we should discuss this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:23 am What are Alison's checks?
LC
me
?
Nook is the other. All alive.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also wtf are the mafia doing not clearing her green checks? Doesn't make sense.

This Radishes kill got me all oogity boogity.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:26 am We have three living green checks from Alison.

She is not a protective.

She is alive day 4.

Just saying ... We shouldn't discount out of hand infoyeeting her today. I'm a bit wobbly about her alignment right now I'm ngl. It's not like we can't just turbo Herm tomorrow to get back to status quo. Yeeting her and flipping her green today hard confirms three players to every other town. At this point the mafia might not even really be able to justify flipping her for that very reason.

i would only consider doing this if we could guarantee that her yeet would give us autowin, and i don't feel that we're at that point yet

also im probably against it just on the principle that i dont like infolynches
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm with you on this, Joseph. Is there some way to verify Alison tonight? I guess she could be Nude, the mafia rolecop, and then tracking her would give us false complacency. As in, she verifies the alignment of each player she rolecops.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:30 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:26 am We have three living green checks from Alison.

She is not a protective.

She is alive day 4.

i would only consider doing this if we could guarantee that her yeet would give us autowin, and i don't feel that we're at that point yet

It's not precisely an infolynch when there's a clear conspiracy surrounding it.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:31 am

She is not a protective.

She is alive day 4.

perhaps im missing the train of thought in mac's logic that mechanically forces one of the towncore to be mafia. if that is the case i wouldnt consider it an infolynch either
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:35 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:31 am

She is not a protective.

She is alive day 4.

perhaps im missing the train of thought in mac's logic that mechanically forces one of the towncore to be mafia. if that is the case i wouldnt consider it an infolynch either
Tutuu is claiming to be roleblocked. Why would the mafia roleblock her and then not fire into her protections? The only answer I can come up with is that it's because she would have blocked them from moving.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why would the mafia roleblock someone who is jailkeeping the cop, plus me, plus you?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:19 am I can only go by what is in front of me, the existence of a bus driver or redirector has to be ignored.

Master Radishes was shot despite the threat of TSP having protective. - Option 1 mafia rolecopped TSP already and realised he had no protections left. Option 2 mafia just shot through it with a strongman ... but

Alison's protector Tutuu was roleblocked according to her, which is weird enough because she shouldn't know this, but if the mafia really did roleblock her then why go to that trouble if they were always shooting Radishes? All it does is let SPF, Mac and Alison all get their actions off, two of whom they have no idea what we do "theoretically"?

Without shenanigans from elsewhere there has to be mafia between TSP, Tutuu, SPF and Alison based on this imo.
couldn't there also be a world where the 3rd party is the one that forced the kill onto MR and the mafia got roleblocked/stopped for whatever reason?

i do have no clue why tutuu would be roleblocked though, but im not discounting the possibility that the explanation for this boils down to the remaining mafia being checked out of the game and not putting thought into their actions
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:45 pm My action on alison failed

Guessing roleblocked

And MR was killed cuz he would gave caught the roleblocker
Before we progress any further we have to ask ourselves the very obvious question.

Why did Tutuu's action on Alison fail.

Alison cop checked LC and claimed it three posts before this.

Furthermore why was she told her action failed?
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:02 pm Wait why was i told that my action failed when im a protective this is most peculiar
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:11 pm Nvm we gucci bois
Please explain how we gucci?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:19 am I can only go by what is in front of me, the existence of a bus driver or redirector has to be ignored.

couldn't there also be a world where the 3rd party is the one that forced the kill onto MR and the mafia got roleblocked/stopped for whatever reason?

i do have no clue why tutuu would be roleblocked though, but im not discounting the possibility that the explanation for this boils down to the remaining mafia being checked out of the game and not putting thought into their actions
3p would have needed to know TSP wasn't putting protection down imo. We have not seen multiple kills on any given night aside from the night TSP killed a mafia. The 3p doesn't have every night KP. The 3p is something else. Arsonist maybe, or maybe not even a killer at all. The 3p definitely isn't strongman killing unless town have got a save every night.

The only town role that could have stopped the kill is Tutuu who says she's roleblocked, or TSP who holstered. So why did the mafia shot miss? Unless the mafia shot the 3p BP maybe?

So what if the mafia roleblocked Tutuu so they could shoot into Alison/Mac/SPF but hit the bp 3p?

And the 3p shot Radishes?

I dunno we in lala land.

Herm is basically outed I guess so we probably should just kill him to get closer to autowin.

The thing is that if we kill Alison now we might actually be at auto because it confirms TSP, Nook and LC. Tutuu can protect into each of them randomly so she catches the first bullet which means the rest of us can keep tracking and doing our shit. Or she flips mafia then we yeet Herm then we've defeated the mafia? If we yeet Herm first the mafia might actually shoot one of the clears and it might cost us auto.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

With an Alison-Herm mafia team though... do the Day 4 reactions from them really line up with that? Talk about laying it on thick.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

How we lose from here. Herm is not mafia. Town (or 3p). We yeet him today.

Dyachei is still fine because Herm never pushed back on her claim he just made an excuse for it.

SPF is 100% convinced he's mafia. I mean he's probably not town but if he is it probably means SPF is mafia?

Mafia gets a shot onto let's say ... LC?

Suddenly we get tinfoily on Alison or Tutuu, we yeet her. She flips Green. We only have two confirms. She's dumped a red check (oh yeah we win) or another Green check) lol. So we still infoyeet 3 clears or 2 clears and a red check here.

Mafia kills ... TSP?

At this point we're all convinced it must be Tutuu cuz she missed on two consecutive saves. So we yeet her, she's town too.

Mafia then kills Nook clearing the last confirm.

At that point we have SPF, Mac, DrWilgy, Juliets, Dyachei, Dyslexicon, Oddmerta, Poison Chan, Samusamu, Tedxtr and still are only dealing with 2 town and maybe a 3p. 7 vs. 2 vs. 1.

Okay so basically the reality is that we only ever can lose to Mafia Alison imo. But, Alison is forced to keep clearing people anyway, and if she is town we have auto much sooner.

The reality is that this game is in auto mode. We need to just yeet Herm here, let the mafia deal with Alison (they can't really kill her or they confirm all her checks so she keeps getting checks anyway). We win unless Alison is mafia so we always 100% kill her at lylo.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

* dealing with 2 mafia...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tl;dr

Mafia probably can't afford to kill town Alison. If Alison is town this game never gets to lylo either. We have enough days for her to eventually have checks on every living player (plus we have trackers and whatever else). The mafia forger is dead and they probably won't have a godfather. The only way this game ever gets to lylo is if Alison is mafia.

This game is literally over if we play it out this way.

World 1 - Alison is town and the mafia cap her tonight. We have 3 clears. We can't lose this game with 3 clears.
World 2 - Alison is town and the mafia don't kill her because they don't want to clear her clears. She gets another check every single night until they solve her.
World 3 - Alison is mafia. It will become very evident in time if we are in this world.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:48 am With an Alison-Herm mafia team though... do the Day 4 reactions from them really line up with that? Talk about laying it on thick.
yeah, i'm not convinced that alison's reaction to herm being confirmed is to act as guilty/upset about not realizing that he was confirmed. i don't know what alison's scum-range is like but that didn't strike me as partner interaction

still wrapping my head around the possibility that one of us (me mac alison tutuu tsp) has to be scum but im probably just going to lynch herm today regardless and see where that leaves us - unless there's a very strong case to be made that lynching outside would be more likely to give us auto
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think we have enough leeway to keep Alison around a little longer.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:57 am tl;dr

Mafia probably can't afford to kill town Alison. If Alison is town this game never gets to lylo either. We have enough days for her to eventually have checks on every living player (plus we have trackers and whatever else). The mafia forger is dead and they probably won't have a godfather. The only way this game ever gets to lylo is if Alison is mafia.

This game is literally over if we play it out this way.

World 1 - Alison is town and the mafia cap her tonight. We have 3 clears. We can't lose this game with 3 clears.
World 2 - Alison is town and the mafia don't kill her because they don't want to clear her clears. She gets another check every single night until they solve her.
World 3 - Alison is mafia. It will become very evident in time if we are in this world.
this is true - if alison is scum then there's zero way that she survives to endgame without accidentally clearing everyone else
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If the mafia would like to concede, it is an option.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Super keen to hear from Wilgy and Dyslexicon.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:00 am Super keen to hear from Wilgy and Dyslexicon.
Yeah! This ride ain't over yet!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 pm TSP is our doc right?
Wait Wilgy actually posted already and said this, voted Herm and bailed without claiming his result?

What kinda shit lol.

The mafia is probs just Wilgy and Herm I guess.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Like Samu probably can't be mafia actually because Dyslexicon tracking him would force him to stay stationary but we have evidence of the mafia going two places last night?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Like either that or Dyslexicon will track him to Tutuu?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

I didn't believe jpics unrestricted alignment cop back then and I'm in the same mind with Alison

I'm also concerned with no scum on King of Limbs
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:02 am
Wait Wilgy actually posted already and said this, voted Herm and bailed without claiming his result?

What kinda shit lol.

Wouldn't mafia Wilgy come prepared with a result that's designed to ingratiate him with the towncore?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:10 pm why is herm claiming? they haven't done anything wrong
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I started collecting quotes that make Alison outed as Herm's partner but I ended up with too many tabs and now I don't wanna.

Holy shit does she look aligned to Herm lol.

[mention]staypositivefriend[/mention] ISO Alison ctrl f Herm.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:02 am

What kinda shit lol.

Wouldn't mafia Wilgy come prepared with a result that's designed to ingratiate him with the towncore?
You're not wrong.

What is the thing that makes Wilgy lock mafia again?

Return to “Previous Jobs”