38%

Total votes: 13
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by Thunal33 »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 pm I kind of wanted you to specify why the confidence here made you feel some sorts of ways. The "bravado" you used to put your feelings into words initially was spot on, it's the same vibe I got. Like it being fake, false bravado. More so selling the reads, and selling that vibe rather than embodying it.
You're making me second guess a little. Sometimes scum comes into the thread looking very different than the general threadstate and their posts don't quite fit with the rest of the thread's posts. I didn't see a lot of this with Alison since Nutella also had fairly confident reads around the same time, but Alison was pretty different from the threadstate in just flat out saying that Sloonei made up his read.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why carotte?
Primarily process of elimination with a pinch of I don't think she looks very comfortable.
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why have i dropped down for you?
It's less that you've "dropped" than those four have become more solidified civilian reads. Gun to my head you're town too. If I have one gripe for you it's that I don't know that you've been fair in your assessment of my treatment of Sloonei. I said myself that I wanted to let him speak for himself. You asked me a specific question though, and I did you the courtesy of answering it -- so to say that I have given him an out somehow on that basis is a bit goofy.
Also, how can I find Carotte's posts? I wanted to ISO her but I 'm having a hard time finding her posts in the thread. Is there an easier way to find a post of hers so I can ISO?
Click here

Dizzy has all of these links posted in the thread's first post too. :nicenod:
Thanks!
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm how is this different from town!alison as you know her?
I don't know. Meta has no role to play in my perspective of that stuff. I don't think it's wise to judge alignment that way. It's not about "who did it"; it's about "why they did it". I wouldn't say I associate hyper-confidence with Alison. Perhaps I associate assertiveness with Alison, and that's a bit of a different trait. I view her as a strict logician more than anything else and wouldn't say confidence or lack of confidence are something I associate with her town game in general.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Oops I didn't realize Carotte was Carotenoid, I thought Carotte was a completely different player. I think Carotte looks okay so far, I like that she reevaluated on me. I have more of a "wait and see" read on both her and Sloonei, I think they'll become more readable later on.
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:30 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm re: the second thing, i don’t think that’s accurate. the first thing you did when you entered the thread was link that post. i acknowledge your subsequent explanation was answering my question, but the initial linking of the post was, imo, clearly attempting to give sloonei an out. and though i appreciate that you wanted to answer my question about it, i don’t think it was necessary to do it in that moment before sloonei addressed it. an answer of “i have my thought about it but ill let sloonei speak first” would have been better and more in line with what i’d expect you to say as town. in champs you were hyper cognizant of trying not to poison the well by talking about sloonei too much early on. here you dove straight in. that’s what pings me. i don’t think its goofy at all but maybe it’s overly harsh and sorry if so
The first thing was literally answering you too, just without a direct quote. The moment I joined the game you asked me about Sloonei. :meany:
that wasn’t actually a serious question but obviously that may have been unclear, sorry. or like, i maybe expected “i dont really have a read yet, gonna see” as opposed to “i dont have a read yet but im trowing him a life preserver anyway.” like your answer didn’t really match what i’d intended the question to be. maybe this is dumb though. i don’t really feel like harping on it so let’s move on, ok? :hug:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:31 pm Also, regarding poisoning the well, I think you might have that backwards. In the finale I town read his ass on page one. I also defended him when everyone thought he was scumslipping or something about Jack. He was the one careful about reading me.
oh, maybe i did misremember that, sorry
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm how is this different from town!alison as you know her?
I don't know. Meta has no role to play in my perspective of that stuff. I don't think it's wise to judge alignment that way. It's not about "who did it"; it's about "why they did it". I wouldn't say I associate hyper-confidence with Alison. Perhaps I associate assertiveness with Alison, and that's a bit of a different trait. I view her as a strict logician more than anything else and wouldn't say confidence or lack of confidence are something I associate with her town game in general.
fair enough
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 pm Oops I didn't realize Carotte was Carotenoid, I thought Carotte was a completely different player. I think Carotte looks okay so far, I like that she reevaluated on me. I have more of a "wait and see" read on both her and Sloonei, I think they'll become more readable later on.
yes, it’s carotte from g6 and sf1 of champs :p

also vote: carotte
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't have much of a "town read" on nutella or Alison, but I'm also not sure I'd call them appropriate Day 1 eliminations. nutella still profiles in a pro-town way with her general energy level, and my suspicions of Alison are not highly developed or confident matters. If I move on from them at least temporarily, that leaves me with a relatively tight POE pool. And it's noteworthy enough that Sloonei would be in it. My dude still hasn't done much.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm I don't have much of a "town read" on nutella or Alison, but I'm also not sure I'd call them appropriate Day 1 eliminations. nutella still profiles in a pro-town way with her general energy level, and my suspicions of Alison are not highly developed or confident matters. If I move on from them at least temporarily, that leaves me with a relatively tight POE pool. And it's noteworthy enough that Sloonei would be in it. My dude still hasn't done much.
i am getting the sense that he’s perhaps scum who’s freezing under pressure/doesn’t know how to address it but it’s probably too early to slap the “frozen” label on him. maybe he’s just busy
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by novaselinenever »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:07 pm a thought i had about this setup while brainstorming is that the "the person who has the least votes gets sent to the grasslands" rule basically functions as a doc save - we can ensure that our strongest townread gets sent to the endgame if we take advantage of the mechanics to save them every night (and we can also use them as a means to submit the execution kill that we want - this was discussed as an idea in the pre-game but it's worth bringing up again)
While I did read about that pre-game strategy post, and this, I can't help but feel a bit skeptical of things related to this plan.

Let me say this first though: I do agree with the idea so far in terms of a "best bet".

However, the only failing of that plan is that it relies on not having scum manipulate the execution to be onto a townie, or be the one who's selected to carry out the execution.

Additionally, there may be a divide as to who is the "towniest" or should be least-voted.

Although, I think I feel safer with this plan rather than the imaginable alternatives right now.

I think trying to think of the votes as anything else at the moment may make things a bit too unpredictable for town to (collectively) handle, hence why I agree with it the most at the moment. Though I suppose that may be a thought to consider later if we've repeatedly failed to catch a single scum since at that point the game would be proof that the plan hasn't worked. In which case, trying to shake things up may put things out of scum's control.
I have a hate and love relationship with this post.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm I don't have much of a "town read" on nutella or Alison, but I'm also not sure I'd call them appropriate Day 1 eliminations. nutella still profiles in a pro-town way with her general energy level, and my suspicions of Alison are not highly developed or confident matters. If I move on from them at least temporarily, that leaves me with a relatively tight POE pool. And it's noteworthy enough that Sloonei would be in it. My dude still hasn't done much.
To be clear, that POE pool would look like this:

Sloonei
Long Con
MartinGG99
Carotte

In that way I relate with Hally. I don't have great confidence that three mafia are in this pile. But one or two seems quite likely at least.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:42 pm I have a hate and love relationship with this post.
tell me more :welcome:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 pm i actually did a double take at these posts. i’m like.... so confused by this read. like do you think scum!nut is like so bad that she would see tutuu assume a read she hadn’t actually given and go “gee wiz, ig i have to tr sloonei now since tutuu assumed i did.” like, is scum!nut incapable of correcting wrong assumptions? why is this towny? i really don’t get it
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Well I didn't mean to post that. Larger post incoming. Preview so as to not completely burn two posts: I am tired of being suspected from the outset of every game here. It is draining and Not Fun. But people are, like, allowed to read me. They need to read me if the game is going to proceed. But it's not fun for me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 pm
To be clear, that POE pool would look like this:

Sloonei
Long Con
MartinGG99
Carotte

In that way I relate with Hally. I don't have great confidence that three mafia are in this pile. But one or two seems quite likely at least.
martin is maybe the tr im least confident in when i step back and look? as in, i may have been lowering the bar too much because he’s new-ish. i’ll see what he does going forward

honestly, where i’m at right now is that there is ~always at least one mafia in carotte/sloonei

also [mention]Sloonei[/mention] sorry, it’s not my intention to make the game un-fun for you and i will do my best to find you if you’re town :hug:
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT 3 MEMBERS OF THIS PEACEFUL VILLAGE HAVE STARTED ARSONING FIRES EVERY NIGHT

I WILL EXTINGUISH YOUR FIRES WITH MY BURNNG FIREFIGHTER'S SOUL

THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BE BURNING IS YOUR HEART, BAKAS

ONE OF THOSE ARSONISTS IS ...

CAROTTE OR SLOONEI

THE SECOND ONE OF THOSE ARSONISTS IS ....

MARTIN OR THUNAL

AND THE LAST ARSONIST IS ...

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

LONG CON!

No just kidding, but what are you talking about?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

SOMEONE WHO HAS GOTTEN DEEP

EVERY GAME SOMEONE GOES DEEP

ITS AN EXERCISE IN VAIN TO TRY TO CATCH THE DEEP WOLF BY STANDARD METHODS

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO CHEAT, AND I AM ALREADY GOING TO ASSUME THERE IS 1 DEEP WOLF. YOU CAN GET MAD ALL YOU WANT WHEN I "CATCH U FOR THE WRONG REASONS", BUT ID RATHER DIE THAN LET A FIREBUG STARTING FIRES IN MY TOWN
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

my instinct rn is also that carotte/sloonei are probably not w/w just for how dismissive carotte was of the suspicion on sloonei (which i agree with jay had a tmi-ish feel to it) but i wouldn’t say im confident in this enough to hard clear one of them if the other flips scum. like, my poe is extremely tight and they’re both squarely in it
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:49 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:42 pm I have a hate and love relationship with this post.
tell me more :welcome:
I have read it several times, and every time come out with a different take. Initially felt pure in tone, like an enthusiastic townie wanting to add to the mechanical conversation and give his thought. At other times, I'm not actually sure what he is adding to the conversation, there are a lot of words but he isn't really saying much and there is no stance either way. Even when commenting on the plan or the issues, there is nothing specific about it and it's just filled with "it's probably the best way, but bla bla bla, although I'm all for it, however bla bla bla" lol. It goes without saying that a the most townie pick is unlikely to be unanimous as would be the eliminated player in a normal game, also same with mafia manipulating the execution or the pick. It'd be the same exact thing in a normal game, it's the name of the game lol.

But then deeper into the rabbit hole, that "not adding much to the conversation" actually resonates as town if that makes sense lol. Feels like a town post in that sense, like a townie just pouring his raw thought into the thread with no real agenda behind them.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:15 pm LONG CON!

No just kidding, but what are you talking about?
THERE IS NO TIME TO WASTE LONG CON. HOP ON MY FIRETRUCK. YOU NEED TO CHOOSE WHO ARE U TAKING OUT

1) SLOONEI/CAROTTE
2) MARTIN/THUNAL

SINCE I AM THE MAIN CHARACTER I NEED TO FACE THE DEEP WOLF FINAL BOSS LAST.

YOU ALSO NEED TO PICK A PARTNER LC.

WHEN SLOONEI AND CAROTTE COMBINE, THEIR MECHAS ALSO COMBINE. CAROTTE IS A CLOSE RANGED DRILLING MECH THAT CAN GO FAST UNDERGROUND, WHILE SLOONEI'S MECH PROVIDES HER WITH AIR MANUEVERABILITY FOR INSTANCE. YOU NEED TO FIND YOUR PARTNER AND COMBINE SPIRIT AND HEART, SONG AND HEAVEN, AND LET TWO BECOME ONE
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I looked at "the early pushes on me" and, outside of nutella, it seems like the only new "pushes" from last night were Alison and Hally. I dislike both of these, but I'm not sure how much of that is "these posts are dishonest pushes" versus "I don't like being suspected so these posts upset me." Call that appeal to emotion. I don't care. It's my earnest response to these posts. But in trying to read these posts, I should make an effort to set that emotion aside.
Alison wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:45 pm Martin has already pocketed me.

tutuu is physically incapable of randing scum as usual.

Sloonei is scum for making stuff up.
Alison wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:33 pm No I think Sloonei made up the whole thing about getting a towntell from nutella because she clarified her position or whatever in order to look like he's sorting her.

Also townreading me for making logical sense is a new approach. I like it.
I think this might actually be the first time Alison and I have played together? Unless she was in U-Pick, but I feel like it's a stretch to say I played that game. And that was another in the series of me being suspected from the outset of every Syndicate game I've played in recent memory, so hooray. But I've hosted her and Radiohead and we've both been around the site a lot lately, so we're not totally unfamiliar with each other. Regardless, "making stuff up" is a pretty pointed accusation from somebody I've not actively experienced a game with until now. My response to it is this:
Yeah, kinda. Reads need to be generated, sometimes fabricated, early in games. This read was not a fabrication, but it was a stretch. That's not because I'm trying to "look like I'm sorting" nutella. I am sorting nutella. I saw a thing that resonated positively for me, so I threw a snap town read on it. That town read can either be strengthened or diminished as the game goes on. But in the moment I saw a thing that I liked and wanted to make my position known. nutella certainly has the capacity to make this post as mafia. But I liked it, and thought the firmness of the post was more likely to come from a town mindset than not. I called her town. That's how the game works.
As for Alison herself:
Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 am I think Sloonei's behavior absolutely has warranted a "I think he's making this up". That was the thought I (and a few others) had when reading his posts, so I don't know why it's inappropriate to write it down in text.
I suppose I share this sentiment. I do not object to her putting that pressure on me. I haven't looked at the last page and half of the thread yet, and my read of her content so far has been focused mostly on her handling of me. Her observation looks fairly independent; she's focusing on the same topic as others, but providing a unique take on it. I think that's a good look.

Hally wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 pm i actually did a double take at these posts. i’m like.... so confused by this read. like do you think scum!nut is like so bad that she would see tutuu assume a read she hadn’t actually given and go “gee wiz, ig i have to tr sloonei now since tutuu assumed i did.” like, is scum!nut incapable of correcting wrong assumptions? why is this towny? i really don’t get it
This is Hally's response as part of a much larger post. I like this less (but again, in fairness to Hally, my focus on them has primarily centered around the Sloonei content). This push comes later than the others and is less independent than Alison's. In the Champs Finale, one of the accusations against Hally (which may or may not have actually been true, idk) was that they were at least partially faking their catch-up posts; reading ahead while catching-up but acting like they were still behind. There is an advantage for scum playing this way, because they can coordinate their "reads" on things according to the general thread climate before they actually get there.
However, if I'm drawing 1-to-1 comparisons to Champs Hally, they stuck up for me hard when I faced early pressure on Day 1 in that game. I don't expect anyone, especially a player of Hally's caliber, to replicate a scum game step-by-step, but I do have to question whether or not a Wolf Hally would think I'm a good push at this stage. Of the three early Sloon pushes, this one leaves the worst taste in my mouth but I am not prepared to say that Hally is suspicious for it at the moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm also @Sloonei sorry, it’s not my intention to make the game un-fun for you and i will do my best to find you if you’re town :hug:
I am trying to respond to this post in a way that won't make matters worse. I don't want to affect anyone's read on me in any sort of underhanded way, and my main message is this: Please keep reading me as you see fit.
I apologize for putting negative emotions into the thread and they're not directed at anyone in particular or intended to invalidate any suspicions or score sympathy points or anything of that sort. But these are emotions that I have, and putting them into the thread as part of my response to these suspicions is honest: I've been faced with erroneous suspicions from the start of the majority of games I've played on the Syndicate in recent memory, and it has become draining. That feeling is setting in again and it will have an impact on the way I play and, subsequently, the way people read me. I'll try to minimize it, but it's there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

The next iteration of Mafia here should be restricting word counts instead of post counts. No walls allowed
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My imaginary vote thingy is on Carotte.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Carotte - deep drilling mech that can go fast underground

Sloonei - flying air mech that can shoot rockets

Martin - underwater mech that can shoot torpedoes

Thunal - super sonic mech that can move extremely fast, but lacks firepower and survivability

Alison - experimental psychokinesis mech that operates on mind controlling the enemy mech pilots

Nutella - a chamelleon mech that can transform to innocent looking civvilian vehicles to blend in

Spf - a close ranged sword wielding mech with great dueling capabilities

Long Con - a long range artillery mech that can harass from a distance but cant fight up close

Tutuu - a trojan horse mech that can self-detonate and nuke everything around it, with an auto-eject protection system for its pilots that have a 50% success chance to activate

Hally - a healing mech capable of repairing others on the battlefield

JJJ - a tactician mech that can spawn armies of smaller mechs

Nova - a defensive mech capable of making EMP barriers, nullifying all attacks and projectiles that pass thru it

Nanook - a glass cannon mech that can fire a single projectile with tremendous destructive power, but it can not fire more than one

[mention]Long Con[/mention] u need to analyze your opponents. Their strengths and weaknesses. Then pick the partner that suits you best, COMBINE your mech with theirs, so you can extinguish the fires that are being started.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:05 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:42 am Lol crosspost nutella :p
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:34 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am I don't get the commotion about Sloonei tbh, I believe that he believes in his read. :P
What makes you believe him?
I "get" his thought process, it doesn't seem like a stretch to me. I wouldn't townread him for that, but clearly don't share the ~general scumread he got for this read.
Carotenoid is mafia, take it to the bank. My scare quote tell has never failed me.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 am It comes from the mentality of a wolf that wants to emphasize on how she gets Sloonei. It's like she wants to put some distance between her and whatever Sloonei did and was scumread for. She doesn't want to misunderstood and be like lumped in with him.

Feel like a townie wouldn't care to make that distinction I think. Or it'll like never come to their thought at all since they'd be posting more naturally and this is usually the byproduct of carefully formatting posts and reviewing the content you put out there on the thread.
I dig this take
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

oh i missed this:
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 am -fwiw, i don't exactly love the framing of this post. sloonei seems more frustrated with the specific concept that he is paired with jagged, and not with the fact that a number of people are actively scumreading him. considering how super bothered sloonei got when he was scumread incorrectly in the final champs game, his lack of concern here is surprising
No. That was just a response to one specific point I saw circulating at the time of my post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm also @Sloonei sorry, it’s not my intention to make the game un-fun for you and i will do my best to find you if you’re town :hug:
I am trying to respond to this post in a way that won't make matters worse. I don't want to affect anyone's read on me in any sort of underhanded way, and my main message is this: Please keep reading me as you see fit.
I apologize for putting negative emotions into the thread and they're not directed at anyone in particular or intended to invalidate any suspicions or score sympathy points or anything of that sort. But these are emotions that I have, and putting them into the thread as part of my response to these suspicions is honest: I've been faced with erroneous suspicions from the start of the majority of games I've played on the Syndicate in recent memory, and it has become draining. That feeling is setting in again and it will have an impact on the way I play and, subsequently, the way people read me. I'll try to minimize it, but it's there.
i understand :hug:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:36 pm Carotte - deep drilling mech that can go fast underground

Sloonei - flying air mech that can shoot rockets

Martin - underwater mech that can shoot torpedoes

Thunal - super sonic mech that can move extremely fast, but lacks firepower and survivability

Alison - experimental psychokinesis mech that operates on mind controlling the enemy mech pilots

Nutella - a chamelleon mech that can transform to innocent looking civvilian vehicles to blend in

Spf - a close ranged sword wielding mech with great dueling capabilities

Long Con - a long range artillery mech that can harass from a distance but cant fight up close

Tutuu - a trojan horse mech that can self-detonate and nuke everything around it, with an auto-eject protection system for its pilots that have a 50% success chance to activate

Hally - a healing mech capable of repairing others on the battlefield

JJJ - a tactician mech that can spawn armies of smaller mechs

Nova - a defensive mech capable of making EMP barriers, nullifying all attacks and projectiles that pass thru it

Nanook - a glass cannon mech that can fire a single projectile with tremendous destructive power, but it can not fire more than one

@Long Con u need to analyze your opponents. Their strengths and weaknesses. Then pick the partner that suits you best, COMBINE your mech with theirs, so you can extinguish the fires that are being started.
aww lol im a healing mech. that feels kind of fitting
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I envision tutuu as a mech that can actuate its upper leg rotors to cause her entire mechanical form to spin at a gradually increasing speed until she is spinning so fast that the heat energy generated by the friction with the surrounding atmosphere dismantles nitrogen atoms and reforms them into a molten hot plasma that can be served as pudding to other mechs low on fuel

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] whats your take on sloonei’s response? feel free to sit on it and wait for him to do more before answering
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:44 pm @JaggedJimmyJay whats your take on sloonei’s response? feel free to sit on it and wait for him to do more before answering
Mostly that. Immediate view: it doesn't create any new suspicion for me. The hunt is what I want on the Sloonei front.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 am ok i will admit something - pre game i was fantasizing about finally randing scum, and i rly wanted to cuz i thought i had great chances to win if i did, since i expected / hoped most ppl would townread me like they always do and choose me to be the gun carrier all game, and that would give me excuse as scum to not die. cuz when i finally roll scum my biggest concern would be to explain how i am alive despite being so towny

so i was already constructing some posts to make around mid-game if i was scum about how i offer u guys to not put me as the gun carrier to ease off ur paranoia but i would feel sad if u choose to do so

so now its all getting mixed up. since im actually town, but i thought SO much about what i'd do as scum that the two different agendas are now mixing in my head. im not sure if i were to express sadness now if yall wanan be paranoid of me if that sadness will be genuine or is that habit from my prep talk about what i'd do if im scum.

i dunno whats the point of this post honestly sorry if its a bit fluffy. but. i thought about it so i click submit. a town must always be honest!

i guess my point was that d1 might be rly important for us to select someone we all agree is lock town. the other towniest players are gonna die every night. so like. could u argue day 1 is most important in this game? cuz it ... greatly impacts f3, if it ever comes down to it? yah. maybe. hmm
this is town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:46 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:44 pm @JaggedJimmyJay whats your take on sloonei’s response? feel free to sit on it and wait for him to do more before answering
Mostly that. Immediate view: it doesn't create any new suspicion for me. The hunt is what I want on the Sloonei front.
alright. this is mostly my take too. i think his response is fine, maybe even good? idk. but it more so just makes me want to see how he springboards off it and how his reads outside of directly in response to his accusers take shape
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:30 am I've read the thread.

r/IAmA
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 am Spoiler alert, it felt more like reading for a book report lol. Having difficulty internalizing much.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 am It kind of feels like playing in a new community. Haven't played with more than half the player list, that's wild.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 am I'm kind of nervous lolol
Ted burns 4 posts in the span of 6 minutes to say virtually nothing. Is this sort of disregard for the post cap more indicative of a town whose nervous energy compels them to post whatever comes to mind, or is it a mafioso trying to look spastic for effect?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:50 pm

r/IAmA
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 am Spoiler alert, it felt more like reading for a book report lol. Having difficulty internalizing much.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 am It kind of feels like playing in a new community. Haven't played with more than half the player list, that's wild.
Ted burns 4 posts in the span of 6 minutes to say virtually nothing. Is this sort of disregard for the post cap more indicative of a town whose nervous energy compels them to post whatever comes to mind, or is it a mafioso trying to look spastic for effect?
what do you think?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hah.

Ted.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

*nova

why did i think that was ted? is ted even playing this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Okay I would like to partner with SPF
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 pm *nova

nova/sloonei not w/w ship it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm

r/IAmA
what do you think?
i don't know. that's why i asked.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 pm *nova

nova/sloonei not w/w ship it
I mean, yeah.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And we will take out Sloonei and Martin.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm

r/IAmA
what do you think?
i don't know. that's why i asked.
oh, i took your question as more rhetorical. like i assumed you had some idea when you asked

my answer is town, but more for what nova followed it up with
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 am It comes from the mentality of a wolf that wants to emphasize on how she gets Sloonei. It's like she wants to put some distance between her and whatever Sloonei did and was scumread for. She doesn't want to misunderstood and be like lumped in with him.

Feel like a townie wouldn't care to make that distinction I think. Or it'll like never come to their thought at all since they'd be posting more naturally and this is usually the byproduct of carefully formatting posts and reviewing the content you put out there on the thread.
Am I carot's partner in this world?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] i have to go soon so i may not be able to look right away, but could you link me to some recent games where you were incorrectly suspected early on? and can you also link games where you were suspected correctly early on, if those exist?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 am I'm still waiting for my first mafia roll. It sure will be scary when it finally comes.

If I am right that six solid town reads will do the trick, I would say I am halfway+ there: nova, Thunal, SPF, tutuu.

For lower-level town reads: I lean that way well enough on Hally for now. Nanook is fine. If anyone beefs with one of these names, scream at me at the top of your lungs.
I have beef. My name's not here. Not anywhere at all. Sloonei doesn't exist in this post. Why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

r/IAmA
:noble:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:33 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:05 amMe too.
Give me something to chew on.
I don't really have anything to say at this point. Gimme a few days maybe.
This is basically the response that I got from LC when I tried to engage him earlier as well. I do not know what to do with a completely disengaged LC. I seldom know what to do with an engaged LC either. Gun to my head, I would expect more from him if he's bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:05 pm

r/IAmA
:noble:
What is your read on me, notedxtrnever?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”