38%

Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 am I also don't like his insistence that I am scum. I don't think he is considering the alternative in the slightest.
I always am. I’ve named you as a suspect several times, but that doesn’t mean my mind is made up on anything at all. I have not seen you do anything that screams town at me.

Who should we send to the grasslands today?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm @everyone - here's a question that might not make sense but that i consider important to the gamestate right now:

how confident do you feel about your reads right now? how much faith do you have that your assessment of the gamestate is correct?
88+ % in my reads. I’m only putting confident reads into the thread this game.
what are your confident reads again?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:47 pm @Sloonei tell me about Nanook.
I have not taken note of anything he’s done this game. That should probably be a concern. I’ll try to find time to fix that later.
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:49 pm @Sloonei - let's say that we live in a world where alison is town; where do you go next? who do u start fos'ing?
Jay already asked me this. Alison is not locked in as a scum read for me and I would continue to assess the game the same as I am now, with probably a bit more urgency if she were to flip town. LC is probably my next suspect right now. I think Thunal might be town.
MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:23 pm My predominant concern about Alison's Day 1 is that it feels kind of flat. She made her reads and stated them clearly, but felt a bit static and a bit uninspired, for lack of a better word. Take this post, which I previously noted as something I felt good about, or at least did not disagree with:
Okay. Sloonei just used a "post icon" on this post.

Can I town-read him for it?
That was an accidental misclick. I’d never do something like that for game-related purposes.
Why would you town read me for that?
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:34 pm @Alison evidently feels that I have not engaged with her in any meaningful way. I object, but she is right to point out that we've not had any extended exchanges. Direct interaction is always the best way to read people.
So, Alison, if there's anyone in this game that we are not talking about enough, who would it be? Why?

I'm leaving for work relatively soon so I won't be able to carry on a conversation for very long at present, but we can at least get the ball rolling.
I kinda feel we're talking about everyone enough in the sense that the people who are not talked about much (nutella, nanook, SPF) are all people I don't have much worries about. I certainly don't feel that there's scum lurking under the radar or anything - everyone's being put under some amount of scrutiny except for those 3, and I do townread them.

Do you feel you've made yourself obvious town to JJJ?
Why do you townread nanook? Who else do you townread that is receiving suspicion?

I have been town in all of my posts and I think Jay should see that. I think he does see it, to be fair, but what he’s also seeing is some slouching on my part. Champs was an exhausting experience and I signed up for this game to get back into playing mafia as a part-time rather than full-time endeavor. I don’t expect myself to appear as the shining beacon of towniness I usually am, but I should at least be a town nightlight or something.
Hally wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 pm @Sloonei what is lc’s alignment?
GTH mafia
why is lc gth mafia? what is martin?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 pm I have been town in all of my posts and I think Jay should see that. I think he does see it, to be fair, but what he’s also seeing is some slouching on my part. Champs was an exhausting experience and I signed up for this game to get back into playing mafia as a part-time rather than full-time endeavor. I don’t expect myself to appear as the shining beacon of towniness I usually am, but I should at least be a town nightlight or something.
Perhaps another way to express my struggle:

I understand that you'd be so fatigued. So am I. I don't have the energy for this that I would like to have, and even getting myself to dig into my most typical solving methods has been pulling teeth. Motivation is hard to come by. Still, this would seem to be hitting you considerably harder than it is hitting me. I've seen tired town Sloonei before and didn't have this much difficulty. Have you had any difficulty figuring me out?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:59 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:39 pm
same question to @Long Con actually - sloonei is [fill in the blank]
Sloonei is mafia. In the early game, as I said, I don't have a strong grasp on why people are Town reading or scum reading others, a lot of the time. As a result, my reads in the early game are often informed by players who excel in the early game. Sloonei is a name I've seen brought up probably more than anyone else as scum, to the point that it was said Carotte being town locks Sloonei as scum.

I would much rather give an answer after I have looked over his posts, which I can do when I'm done with Nutella.
im confused. he’s mafia because people say so? but what do you think? you can answer after you look into his posts if you don’t know
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LC is mafia because his lack of energy yesterday looked forced, if that makes sense. I’ve talked about this already. He just said I’m doing it too much.

I have not looked closely at Martin today. GTH town based on early game moments.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm @everyone - here's a question that might not make sense but that i consider important to the gamestate right now:

how confident do you feel about your reads right now? how much faith do you have that your assessment of the gamestate is correct?
Nanook what is my alignment?
Currently thinking whatever the opposite of jay’s is. I’m not very good at reading you independently so 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 am
Sloonei is mafia. In the early game, as I said, I don't have a strong grasp on why people are Town reading or scum reading others, a lot of the time. As a result, my reads in the early game are often informed by players who excel in the early game. Sloonei is a name I've seen brought up probably more than anyone else as scum, to the point that it was said Carotte being town locks Sloonei as scum.

I would much rather give an answer after I have looked over his posts, which I can do when I'm done with Nutella.
So this is literally just “Sloonei is mafia because everyone else says so”?
If you want to put it in the most negative way, sure. I don't think that vibing off the reads of players that do well in the early game is unreasonable.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 am I also don't like his insistence that I am scum. I don't think he is considering the alternative in the slightest.
I always am. I’ve named you as a suspect several times, but that doesn’t mean my mind is made up on anything at all. I have not seen you do anything that screams town at me.

I will have an answer for you by the deadline.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:06 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 pm I have been town in all of my posts and I think Jay should see that. I think he does see it, to be fair, but what he’s also seeing is some slouching on my part. Champs was an exhausting experience and I signed up for this game to get back into playing mafia as a part-time rather than full-time endeavor. I don’t expect myself to appear as the shining beacon of towniness I usually am, but I should at least be a town nightlight or something.
Perhaps another way to express my struggle:

I understand that you'd be so fatigued. So am I. I don't have the energy for this that I would like to have, and even getting myself to dig into my most typical solving methods has been pulling teeth. Motivation is hard to come by. Still, this would seem to be hitting you considerably harder than it is hitting me. I've seen tired town Sloonei before and didn't have this much difficulty. Have you had any difficulty figuring me out?
I did not have as solid a read on you Day 1 as I usually do, but some of that can probably be attributed to you being a replacement. Like I said before, your handling of me today feels sincere. If you were mafia I think you would be taking a harder stance on me either way at this point; instead it seems like you are struggling to read me, and I can see the effort and the strain in that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 am

Nanook what is my alignment?
Currently thinking whatever the opposite of jay’s is. I’m not very good at reading you independently so 🤷‍♀️
:suspish:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 am

If you want to put it in the most negative way, sure. I don't think that vibing off the reads of players that do well in the early game is unreasonable.

Who do you trust the most right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:12 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 am

Who do you trust the most right now?
SPF and Hally, I think they're villagers that found each other. Their interactions look pure.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:01 am

I'm going to try to synthesize these charts into a coherent view of the game. I have never tried this before, so I make no promises about the veracity of what I am doing.

Given the bun to head reads, I think we can call the "collective" POE pool this group:

Sloonei, Alison, Long Con, Nanook, Martin

nutella, Hally, tutuu, SPF, and Thunal near-consensus town -- Hally and Thunal as outlier suspects, perhaps myself as well pending Nanook's gripes

I will then take that POE pool and see what teams work per my blind interactions chart:

Sloonei - Alison - Long Con - broken by Sloonei/Alison
Sloonei - Alison - Nanook - broken by Sloonei/Alison
Sloonei - Alison - Martin - broken by Sloonei/Alison
Sloonei - Long Con - Nanook - open
Sloonei - Long Con - Martin - open
Sloonei - Nanook - Martin - open
Alison - Long Con - Nanook - open
Alison - Long Con - Martin - open
Alison - Nanook - Martin - open
Long Con - Nanook - Martin - open

That didn't do shit to help. The Alison/Martin interaction might be very important though to help kill more of these. I thought they seemed compatible but with at least one moment making me doubt that. How do folks feel about those two as possible mafia teammates?
it would be odd to me if martin opted to bus alison just now as w/w when alison is hard shielding him. i think the door would be wide open for him to tr her back but instead he voted her. does he need to do that if he’s her teammate? like, idk. i also kinda doubt alison would so blatantly hard defend martin like that as w/w. i know you don’t buy alison’s read on martin but i kinda feel like she does genuinely think he’s town? or has tmi that he’s town? so they’d either be v/v, v/w or w/v but not w/w
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:08 am LC is mafia because his lack of energy yesterday looked forced, if that makes sense. I’ve talked about this already. He just said I’m doing it too much.

I have not looked closely at Martin today. GTH town based on early game moments.
ok
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why is martin a suspect? Give me the short version of the case.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General prompt:

Imagine the collective POE pool is exhausted and the game is alive. Which one of these people, or more than one, gets your attention first?

nutella
Hally
tutuu
SPF
Thunal
Jay

If one of them is already a suspect (e.g. Alison on Thunal), ignore that player and pick a current town read.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Re: Grasslands [Day 2]

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:49 pm I looked through nutella's posts, and was looking at how her opinions developed. I'm up to Wed morning and I want to take a break.

She pushed the idea that she was really sure that Hally and Sloonei are a difference check, which looks to me like setting up yeets based on town getting yeeted. @nutella why caqn't Hally and Sloonei be t-t? What is it about their interactions? I think it's because you thought they were both wolves, but then their interactions unaligned them for you.

Something that does bother me is that you really don't interact with Sloonei until almost 24 hours in, and that's after a great deal of suspicion you have directed toward him. I have been caught before as scum for a lack of interactions with my partner, and Sloonei, up to this point, is basically your only scumread (aside from a couple of jabs at Carotte). This is the first post I see that gives opinions of anyone else, and it's extremely tentative. For someone who prefers to put it all out there on Day 1, with 8 hours left you have a lot of talk and very few suspects. You have a Sloonei mega-focus, and a Carrote "sure".
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:23 am I think SPF seems town. The more careful language there is deliberate.
I had to chew on this tidbit of self-awareness for a while
Can you talk about this a little?
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 am
fwiw, i kind of doubt that this is how jagged would react to his partner being pressured this early into the game. jagged sticking his neck out for a player that everyone scumreads would be such a blatant angle for jagged to take with his partner that it feels unlikely. but the fact that i dont particularly tr sloonei/jagged yet is genuinely concerning to me
this sounds almost identical to a post you made in finale lol. i hope you're right
Was SPF town in the finale? I don't know what this means to you.
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:47 pm that can't be right, im not vanilla. my pm said hazelnut town
I liked this post, quite witty.
since we’re talking about lc, what does everybody think of this post? it is, from what i can tell, the most substantive post lc has made and is a push on nut. what do we think of this?

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 am

Martin town, thun town, Hally/SPF likely aligned and >rand town, Nutella probably town.

I wanna say tutu is town too but idk man the lack of volume makes me much less confident there than I normally am
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 am General prompt:

Imagine the collective POE pool is exhausted and the game is alive. Which one of these people, or more than one, gets your attention first?

nutella
Hally
tutuu
SPF
Thunal
Jay

If one of them is already a suspect (e.g. Alison on Thunal), ignore that player and pick a current town read.
thunal and you, honestly
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

nutella
Hally
tutuu
SPF
Thunal
Jay

jay, tutuu, thunal in some order
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ugh maybe still hally but i dont feel that atm
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I do need to hear more from tutuu today, I'm still sort of uneasy about her and sense deepwolf potential there
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

if possible, id like everyone to answer this
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella
Hally
tutuu
SPF
Thunal
Jay

nutella or tutuu. Probably not together. I guess also thunal, as I’ve gone back and forth on her, but the last ~24 hours have me feeling better about her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:18 am since we’re talking about lc, what does everybody think of this post? it is, from what i can tell, the most substantive post lc has made and is a push on nut. what do we think of this?
I'm obviously in a somewhat biased position to answer this but it felt a bit performative to me, and like he was pulling old quotes for the sake of appearing to be putting in token investigative effort, and that the actual questions he had for me weren't very deep or complex thoughts, but shrug
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The names that came to mind for me first were Thunal and tutuu. So I dig.

[mention]Hally[/mention] I think that Long Con post is okay. I appreciate that he made the effort to compile it. I tend to like nutella's response though and wouldn't say it compels me to suspect her more (or Long Con less). I'd like to see where he goes from here though, he has projected more legwork coming soon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 am ugh maybe still hally but i dont feel that atm
Is it still a salad if you split it up into multiple posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:24 am

im not sure how to answer this kind of broad sweeping question but in general i think it's pretty likely there's a deepwolf. i'm reasonably comfortable with my current poe and working through that primarily, but i will not be surprised if the game is harder than that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I know this is out of left field, but I thought Martin's posting of his game notes was towny.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Less confident than I normally am, but not totally lost. I still feel like I’m searching, but I’ve got a solid foundation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

By JaggedJimmyJay standards my confidence is low. Which is to say it's moderate. I am pretty secure in my higher town reads, and also my capacity to pick out deep mafia among them if needed. Outside that though it's a foggy game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:25 am
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 am ugh maybe still hally but i dont feel that atm
I just ate a salad split up between slices of pizza so sure
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella or tutuu. Probably not together. I guess also thunal, as I’ve gone back and forth on her, but the last ~24 hours have me feeling better about her.
[/quote]

I'd say yours is closer to the salad recipe. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:27 am I know this is out of left field, but I thought Martin's posting of his game notes was towny.
that was also my immediate reaction, but I don't think it's anything near clearing
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i'm about to engage in some Friday Night Activities and i'm not sure how much more i'll be able to post in this thread before the deadline tomorrow - i likely will not be here for it

as such, you can take this as my legacy post:

hally, tutuu, and nutella are all town. i'm ordering this with the level of confidence that i feel for each one

jagged and thunal are both town leans, on a slightly lower tier than my more confident town leans

nanook and long con both broadly fall into the category of: "i feel that they have towntold enough for me to not be actively suspicious of them, but there is deepwolf potential within them"

martin/sloonei/alison are the three people that i am the most actively suspicious of

i believe that there are 2 scum in my bottom pool at most - and the third is likely either in the tier above it or buried somewhere in my townreads - i almost ALWAYS townread a mafia by accident on d1, so i would not take all of these reads as gospel

i know that i'm in consideration for being sent to the grasslands again, so i won't carelessly self-vote this time, but i will vote for martin shortly

in the event that i dont get sent to the grasslands, my preferences are hally/tutuu/nutella in that order

good luck!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:29 am
I'd say yours is closer to the salad recipe. :meany:
[/quote]
I’ve never been so offended in my life.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That feeling when "deepwolf" is almost the nicest thing someone has said about me. :haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]staypositivefriend[/mention] why am I mafia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 am Why is martin a suspect? Give me the short version of the case.
the main point against him i think is his post where he votes alison for what appears to be dubious reasoning at best and a “info chop” at worst. there’s other things too discussed in the last couple of pages, but that’s the main thing i think
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:33 am @staypositivefriend why am I mafia?
ive explained this a couple of times, but my primary issue with your game is not your reads/gamesolving, but what your reads/gamesolving lack. i felt from early on in d1 that the questions and angles you were taking didn't come off nearly as sincere or as easy to follow and understand as they did in any of my games with you in champs. it's difficult for me to pick at a specific thing you've said that makes me feel good about you being mafia, but what concerns me is that i would expect to townread you by now, and i simply dont
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella
Hally
tutuu
SPF
Thunal
Jay

thun? or maybe tutuu? athough i have no idea why
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:39 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 am Why is martin a suspect? Give me the short version of the case.
the main point against him i think is his post where he votes alison for what appears to be dubious reasoning at best and a “info chop” at worst. there’s other things too discussed in the last couple of pages, but that’s the main thing i think
fwiw a bigger point of contention for me is his push (and subsequent withdrawal) on tutuu, but that definitely plays a factor as well

im not saying that martin is ~definitely~ mafia, but i have more evidence than not to suggest that he is
staypositivefriend
Hitman

lol i voted martin without realizing he had already voted himself - sorry if that messes the system up at all
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:20 am

Martin town, thun town, Hally/SPF likely aligned and >rand town, Nutella probably town.

I wanna say tutu is town too but idk man the lack of volume makes me much less confident there than I normally am
why is martin town? also i do feel like tutuu has dropped off this day yea

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:20 am

why is martin town? also i do feel like tutuu has dropped off this day yea
Seems the same as last time I saw him
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:25 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:18 am since we’re talking about lc, what does everybody think of this post? it is, from what i can tell, the most substantive post lc has made and is a push on nut. what do we think of this?
I'm obviously in a somewhat biased position to answer this but it felt a bit performative to me, and like he was pulling old quotes for the sake of appearing to be putting in token investigative effort, and that the actual questions he had for me weren't very deep or complex thoughts, but shrug
i somewhat agree? like it felt kinda random in the sense that i have no idea why he chose to do that with you or why he focused on such old stuff

[mention]long con[/mention] why did you make that post? is nut mafia?

I also meant more the volume drop off inherent in a post cap game rather than that tutu had particularly dropped off today specifically. Although I suppose she has a bit, my difficulty reading her this game is more about her not posting 200+ times a day lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:39 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:33 am @staypositivefriend why am I mafia?
ive explained this a couple of times, but my primary issue with your game is not your reads/gamesolving, but what your reads/gamesolving lack. i felt from early on in d1 that the questions and angles you were taking didn't come off nearly as sincere or as easy to follow and understand as they did in any of my games with you in champs. it's difficult for me to pick at a specific thing you've said that makes me feel good about you being mafia, but what concerns me is that i would expect to townread you by now, and i simply dont
I guess that’s not unreasonable. Like I’ve already said to others, I’m trying to take it easier this game, so I don’t fault you for having a harder time reading me if those two champs games are the only ones you’ve seen me in. That was the most effort I am capable of putting into a game. This just is not.

Can you point to any of my day 1 posts in particular that come off “insincere”? You don’t have to right now if you’ve got other things to do, obviously.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:39 am
I am too tired to process new information right now, but I will circle back to this tomorrow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:46 am
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:25 am
i somewhat agree? like it felt kinda random in the sense that i have no idea why he chose to do that with you or why he focused on such old stuff

@long con why did you make that post? is nut mafia?
I wanted to get a better read on nutella, I'm not done going through her posts yet. It's not random, it's things that I think has impact on my read of Nutella. How is that random?

Right now I am checking in with the thread every so often as I do some projects in real life, when I sit down at the computer for a while, I'll continue looking at her posts.

Return to “Previous Rackets”