(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 2

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoosedoesseem defensive but asyousay it's an edgygame. I'm gonnause my other lAPTOP this sucks
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

juliets wrote:llama if you have already answered this my apologies, but what do you think about k4j?

Also, is there anything else about Mongoose besides your opinion that she's been more defensive than normal? I will go back through her posts since I haven't seen this point brought up before but I just wonder if there's not something else, even small, that you are seeing.
What made youback offfrom voting INH?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Snow Dog wrote:
juliets wrote:llama if you have already answered this my apologies, but what do you think about k4j?

Also, is there anything else about Mongoose besides your opinion that she's been more defensive than normal? I will go back through her posts since I haven't seen this point brought up before but I just wonder if there's not something else, even small, that you are seeing.
The only thing that had me suspicious about INH is how defensive he was but others convinced me that he is that way no matter his alignment so I dropped my suspicion of him. I know you voted him - do you still carry suspicion of him?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by FZ. »

Before I make my vote. Does anyone but me think Reyway is acting very scummy?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:What happened to positive reinforcement, Russ?
Well I believe in it, but I'm not a slave to it. You'll notice that violating at least 3 of my rules can result in instant death. :feb:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, since I'm going now on my vacation, I have to vote. I would really like to lynch Reywas, but no one seems to want to follow, so I'm left with either K4J or Mongoose who might get others' vote . I feel the stronger case if for K4J, and as much as I want him here playing, I can't let that go. Kitty, if you're a civ, I'm really sorry, but I have to make a decision now.

See you all on Saturday
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Yes, my main argument against her has been that her posts have had the appearance of substance without actually containing any. It's a common mafia trick to look like you're hunting when in fact you are not.

I have never been successful at reading k4j, and the fact that the posts are written in blue makes it hard for me to read them. So to be honest, I have not been paying that much attention to her. I haven't really picked up on any red flags, except for the fact that she's been pretty aggressive, but coming from K-Site that doesn't seem to be unusual.

FZ: I have seen Rey's baddie game a few times, and I think you may be onto something, but I am not confident about it yet.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by Dom »

Lizzy wrote:
Vomps' remark about Dom gives me break though. I need a few more days to form a proper opinion, but he's more careful than usual, which again, suggests he has a role that requires a certain degree of responsibility, and we know the baddies aren't the only ones with BTSC.

Lizzy, are you talking about me or Vomps here?
thellama73 wrote:Okay, seven hours till the poll closes and here are my thoughts this morning:

Dom has been exceptionally conciliatory to me since I said I might vote for him, asking my opinion, sympathizing with me, and so forth. This is understandable and wise on his part, and it does not necessarily make him bad. Civvies want to avoid taking votes as much as baddies. Still, it stuck out to me enough to keep him on my watch list. That being said, it has been very pleasant playing with you, Dom!

I am less interested in voting for MetalMarsh today for reasons I can't quite articulate. Something about his responses has made me less inclined to give him my vote today.

Mongoose has seemed uncharacteristically defensive, which, along with my earlier points, makes her the most suspicious in my eyes. If nothing else emerges, she will probably get my vote today.

I look forward to the opinions of others as the day progresses.
Llama, I will say that I have been exceptionally conciliatory because I do not think you are bad as of yet.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote: Llama, I will say that I have been exceptionally conciliatory because I do not think you are bad as of yet.
Thanks! You're right, I'm not.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

FZ. wrote:Before I make my vote. Does anyone but me think Reyway is acting very scummy?
You know, the difficult thing about this whole you vs. k4j thing is that I find you more questionable. I mentioned you both last night but focused on k4j, because he was there to question me about it. You, on the other hand, announced that you would be leaving, so I thought it only polite to hold off. Then you kept talking for a long time. Thanks for the advance warning, but I'm returning the favor. :eye:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

FZ. wrote: linki: @ Hey Lizzie, so are you going to vote for K4J?
It's the best I have thus far, but I'm waiting to see if anything else happens before I vote.
Russtifinko wrote: Sarcastic: Sarcastic posts that aren't orange will result in me rubbing a porcupine on the offending party's face. They would make S~V~S mad though, and that would be a GREAT idea.
You have no idea how sad I am this is in orange. :sigh:
Dom wrote: Lizzy, are you talking about me or Vomps here?
Both actually, but I was going to take a closer look at you since you were on the Sock's suspect list. I'm not letting you off the hook, but I'm not sure you're bad either. Thank the wombat. :p
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Also, as a public service announcement, I am completely colorblind. I'll try to read between the lines, but feel free to just flat-out tell me if you're being sarcastic. :)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Also, as a public service announcement, I am completely colorblind. I'll try to read between the lines, but feel free to just flat-out tell me if you're being sarcastic. :)
No biggy, I usually use :P anyway. Don't modkill me k.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Lizzy wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Also, as a public service announcement, I am completely colorblind. I'll try to read between the lines, but feel free to just flat-out tell me if you're being sarcastic. :)
:p is an acceptable alternative. That smiley is one of my favorites for that reason.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Russtifinko wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
:p is an acceptable alternative. That smiley is one of my favorites for that reason.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 10

Post by S~V~S »

Lizzy wrote:
Russtifinko wrote: Sarcastic: Sarcastic posts that aren't orange will result in me rubbing a porcupine on the offending party's face. They would make S~V~S mad though, and that would be a GREAT idea.
If DP gives his permission to be used as a face rubbing implement of torture, I would be OK with it. Otherwise there may or may not be an angry smashfest :fiesta:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote: I am less interested in voting for MetalMarsh today for reasons I can't quite articulate. Something about his responses has made me less inclined to give him my vote today.
I am quite curious now why you changed your mind. No one else seemed interested in backing your case; was it related to that?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
If DP gives his permission to be used as a face rubbing implement of torture, I would be OK with it. Otherwise there may or may not be an angry smashfest :fiesta:
Who's DP?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote: I am less interested in voting for MetalMarsh today for reasons I can't quite articulate. Something about his responses has made me less inclined to give him my vote today.
I am quite curious now why you changed your mind. No one else seemed interested in backing your case; was it related to that?
Not at all. I just thought your defense sounded sincere. I might still be wrong.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

ok, i've finally caught up... mostly. but now i have only 6 minutes before i need to leave for school and i still need to shower. D: I'll try to read everything more thoroughly when i get home later, but that will be after the poll ends. :\

i mostly took note of Metalmarsh, like others have said, his posts have held little content so far, even after it's been pointed out there's been little change in his behavior. This seems somewhat consistent with his behavior in xmen... though oddly enough in the xmen game he seemed to have a little more on-topic content by now,

i'll have to vote from school, running late now
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote:Okay, since I'm going now on my vacation, I have to vote. I would really like to lynch Reywas, but no one seems to want to follow, so I'm left with either K4J or Mongoose who might get others' vote . I feel the stronger case if for K4J, and as much as I want him here playing, I can't let that go. Kitty, if you're a civ, I'm really sorry, but I have to make a decision now.

See you all on Saturday

SMH. It was cute how I was going to get the benefit of the doubt for this day. You of all people, even though I thought you might be scum, I hoped would at least be able to vouch for my defense or parts of it.
I hope no one follows you. I swear, ughhhh.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:I agree with llama that a spread vote makes it easier for the baddies to manipulate the lynch in their favor, but I also agree with MP/TH as well. If we go llama's way and pile votes on someone like Dom, chances are he will turn out civ and then we are left with not much info to go on. Day 1 is usually all about guessing and disappointment unfortunately.

Lots of names have been thrown around but I have no gut pings as of yet, my gut pings are usually right. I'd like to be able to wait and see if I get any, but there is not much time and I need to go ahead and vote b/c I have RL stuff to do.

Randomizing DFaraday. That's right....I don't want to be accountable for my vote :p

Great to have you back SnowDog! :D
This has to be one of the most ambivalent posts I've ever seen.

Regarding the enlarged, what is it about Dom that makes him more likely to be civilian than anyone else? "Someone like Dom..."

Anyway, let me outline this post:

1a. Spreading the vote makes it easier for Mafia to manipulate the lynch but
2a. A bandwagon will most likely lynch a civilian
A. Therefore Day 1 is about guessing and being disappointed.

1b. I have no instinct, which is unfortunate because
2b. My instincts are usually good, so
B. I will vote randomly.

The defeatist attitude of item "A" stands in stark contrast with the next post, highlighted below. Item "A" also is not what one would expect if Item "2b" were true.
Elohcin wrote:Seriously?!? That is an amazing result. I can't believe that in two games in a row we got a baddie Day 1. I think I will be less likely to randomize Day 1 now. Great result!

I am choosing "my journal". I would never forget food, drink, or a rope. I am one of those mom's that has everything she or her kids will need right in her purse/diaper bag :p.
:ponder:

Pokemon (the other game referenced), Day 1:
Elohcin » Sat May 17, 2014 12:12 pm wrote:I voted for Kyle since he voted for me. I know his vote was random and there are no hard feelings there. And, I wouldn't have voted for him if it meant he would receive 2 votes and be tied for first. I wanted to vote for someone who had no votes so far and he seemed like the best choice. All in good fun! But I hope more things come to the surface thoughout the night and tomorrow so we can have a better idea of who could be bad.
The enlarged text above implies that you voted randomly on Day 1 in both Pokemon and here. But you didn't vote randomly on Day 1 in Pokemon- only here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Lizzy wrote:The points brought up about K4J are pretty solid, corroborated with the fact that MP's fate was pretty much sealed when he decided to vote for him.

The points brought against me are not solid.
If they were solid, then people should be saying that my last minute vote for MP was throwing a baddie under the bus, if it was solid that was all they have to say. I think when people go to the extent of saying my suspicion of Epi is a lie, it doesn't make sense, it is insincere it shows how desperate they are to PUSH their point.
The change in Epi is EVIDENT, so how is it so shocking that my opinion changed on him? Yet people use that to push the idea that I just changed my mind to go against MP.

Also, there was still an attempt at trying to lynch someone else from MP. I could have tried to participate in that rather than lynch him.
And then there's this when he only had ONE vote and there were still 20 something people left to vote and he wasn't really under scrutiny:
I was joking.
So which is it? Is it strange people agreed with you on INH or is it okay they did and ended up voting for him? Your game and explanations at the moment remind me quite a bit of Exodus, to be honest.
I think you're talking about how I said it was weird people agreed with me but I liked Daisy's vote?
There is a difference in the way someone brings about their suspicion. It was strange when people tagged along without much of their own opinion. For example, whoever said something like 'What you said' (Reyas, I think?) would be more suspicious than Daisy who came in with a well explained explanation.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I think people are dead set on finding a scum-buddy in MP's voters. I really don't know how to defend that.
I voted for MP because I thought he was most likely to be scum. It is just that simple.

People have a problem with my late vote.
I came in late. I was busy. Even if I was a townie (which I am) I would not have been able to vote earlier.

I don't know what else to say.
I have to go now, hopefully I'll be back before deadline.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

I'm unlikely to get caught up by the vote. Anyone want to help me out with a summary of what's been going on? (I'm still going to read it all)
Gro-oo-ovy
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

kneel4justice wrote:I think people are dead set on finding a scum-buddy in MP's voters. I really don't know how to defend that.
I voted for MP because I thought he was most likely to be scum. It is just that simple.

I came in late. I was busy. Even if I was a townie (which I am) I would not have been able to vote earlier.

I don't know whether to take this as an oddly worded point or a slip. It seems to obvious for a slip but I don't know, it makes me uneasy.

llama I re-read Mongoose and the issue I'm having with her being defensive is it seems to be with you. I know you are great friends in real life and I wonder if it's just that she's more comfortable taking on that tone with you. I haven't ruled her out for a vote, this is just something that struck me as I read through.

Splints Welcome! I would love to help you out but I am the worst at summaries. I can tell you that MP was lynched the first day and was bad. The people who voted for him have come under suspicion by some because it is felt one of his own teammates would have voted for him (one of those people is k4j and is why he started to get suspicion). Also the voters for MP were all right in a row except 1. There are also some who feel, llama I know is one but I can't think of the others, that the names MP brought up as suspects might be bad because he is one who distances hard and throws his teammates under the bus. There has been some debate on whether that is true. One of those people is Dom and I can't remember who the other is (this is why I'm not good at summaries) - it may be Metalmarsh. Daisy came under some suspicion because MP voted for her out of the blue and she seemed to take it very calmly, not surprised or upset. She explained why that was in a post and i think most people have moved away from her.

Even this small summary of some things that have happened is incomplete. It seems I remember llama does good summaries but if not, maybe someone else can fill in the gaping holes in mine and/or correct any names I got wrong or theories I misrepresented. It's the best I can do.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I do good summarries, but unfortunately I am swamped right now and can't do one. Sorry folks!

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

juliets wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:I think people are dead set on finding a scum-buddy in MP's voters. I really don't know how to defend that.

I don't know whether to take this as an oddly worded point or a slip. It seems to obvious for a slip but I don't know, it makes me uneasy.

llama I re-read Mongoose and the issue I'm having with her being defensive is it seems to be with you. I know you are great friends in real life and I wonder if it's just that she's more comfortable taking on that tone with you. I haven't ruled her out for a vote, this is just something that struck me as I read through.

Splints Welcome! I would love to help you out but I am the worst at summaries. I can tell you that MP was lynched the first day and was bad. The people who voted for him have come under suspicion by some because it is felt one of his own teammates would have voted for him (one of those people is k4j and is why he started to get suspicion). Also the voters for MP were all right in a row except 1. There are also some who feel, llama I know is one but I can't think of the others, that the names MP brought up as suspects might be bad because he is one who distances hard and throws his teammates under the bus. There has been some debate on whether that is true. One of those people is Dom and I can't remember who the other is (this is why I'm not good at summaries) - it may be Metalmarsh. Daisy came under some suspicion because MP voted for her out of the blue and she seemed to take it very calmly, not surprised or upset. She explained why that was in a post and i think most people have moved away from her.

Even this small summary of some things that have happened is incomplete. It seems I remember llama does good summaries but if not, maybe someone else can fill in the gaping holes in mine and/or correct any names I got wrong or theories I misrepresented. It's the best I can do.

It isn't a slip. I was trying to show people their line of thinking. They say I am scum and had a late vote and I am saying no, I would have been late regardless, even as a townie. And that is what happened. It is counteracting, not a slip.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:Mongoose, I'm going to be honest- that last post made me go from Whoo to wehrn wehrn wehrn with you.
I've been increasingly wondering about Mongoose as well. I am going to catch up more and reread her while I eat lunch, then I have a massive amount of dishes to do :mad:

And, I have always wondered how you would convey "wehrn wehrn wehrn" in word form. I think that works :D
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose is innocent and I'm going to randomize between whoever votes for her first k :noble:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

[/quote]

there is, but it's a big albatross of a reason I'm not prepared to go into on here. sufice it to say that I probably off-hiatus'd too soon.

that said, I am not going to regret bringing up matt/a person. is this a game where we are suspicious just for name checking a person? everyone's gotta get scrutinized and no one is immune. please note that i gave two options for matt's posts(s0, one good and one bad. also note I didnt state that I thought he was actually teamies with lizzy this game, simply noted they had been a successful team in the past.

if ive been extra prickly with logan, its because he has been <insert mild term here that is similar to annoying> but more so with Metalmarsh than me.

Lea, no sweat, my pet. that was directed at the whole and not you, i promises.

Please excuse any typos; I'm on my phone and cant see more than a few words at a time.

linki - thanks, doodle! I knew you would be my knight in shining armor one day.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

FZ. wrote:Okay, since I'm going now on my vacation, I have to vote. I would really like to lynch Reywas, but no one seems to want to follow, so I'm left with either K4J or Mongoose who might get others' vote . I feel the stronger case if for K4J, and as much as I want him here playing, I can't let that go. Kitty, if you're a civ, I'm really sorry, but I have to make a decision now.

See you all on Saturday
You would really like to lynch me, but no one else will follow you? Wow. So, you are voting today for the person most likely to get votes from other people rather than who you actually think is most likely to be bad? That sounds like baddie thinking to me.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Welcome, splintsy! I didn't see you there! Wait, are you taking over for someone else, or was a role added for you to play? :O

K4j, I'm sorry, but your behavior during the MP lynch and afterwards causes me to think you are his partner and did some last minute distancing because you knew he was going to get lynched and flip bad.

If you were civ I would expect you to be saying more about the lynch at hand... I think you would be trying to find one of MP's real teammates to lynch if you were not one of them. Your suspicion of FZ also does not feel genuine to me, and you used the "we think about things the same way when we are both civs" line to justify your opinion of her, but the details of what you don't agree with her about are hazy.

It's not personal because you know I really enjoy playing with you, but nothing you've said has made me feel civ about you. I'm voting for you now.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hey hosses & bosses, can someone confirm the lynch poll close time? is it 4pm EDT? I will die if I miss a vote due to having time setings wrong. Thanks1
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:

Yes, my main argument against her has been that her posts have had the appearance of substance without actually containing any. It's a common mafia trick to look like you're hunting when in fact you are not.

I have never been successful at reading k4j, and the fact that the posts are written in blue makes it hard for me to read them. So to be honest, I have not been paying that much attention to her. I haven't really picked up on any red flags, except for the fact that she's been pretty aggressive, but coming from K-Site that doesn't seem to be unusual.

FZ: I have seen Rey's baddie game a few times, and I think you may be onto something, but I am not confident about it yet.
On a scale of 1 to 100,000 how confident are you? I'm interested to see just how far off you are. I'm doing a research paper on it. Don't worry, I'll give you a proper footnote.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I agree with llama that a spread vote makes it easier for the baddies to manipulate the lynch in their favor, but I also agree with MP/TH as well. If we go llama's way and pile votes on someone like Dom, chances are he will turn out civ and then we are left with not much info to go on. Day 1 is usually all about guessing and disappointment unfortunately.

Lots of names have been thrown around but I have no gut pings as of yet, my gut pings are usually right. I'd like to be able to wait and see if I get any, but there is not much time and I need to go ahead and vote b/c I have RL stuff to do.

Randomizing DFaraday. That's right....I don't want to be accountable for my vote :p

Great to have you back SnowDog! :D
This has to be one of the most ambivalent posts I've ever seen.

Regarding the enlarged, what is it about Dom that makes him more likely to be civilian than anyone else? "Someone like Dom..."

Anyway, let me outline this post:

1a. Spreading the vote makes it easier for Mafia to manipulate the lynch but
2a. A bandwagon will most likely lynch a civilian
A. Therefore Day 1 is about guessing and being disappointed.

1b. I have no instinct, which is unfortunate because
2b. My instincts are usually good, so
B. I will vote randomly.

The defeatist attitude of item "A" stands in stark contrast with the next post, highlighted below. Item "A" also is not what one would expect if Item "2b" were true.
Elohcin wrote:Seriously?!? That is an amazing result. I can't believe that in two games in a row we got a baddie Day 1. I think I will be less likely to randomize Day 1 now. Great result!

I am choosing "my journal". I would never forget food, drink, or a rope. I am one of those mom's that has everything she or her kids will need right in her purse/diaper bag :p.
:ponder:

Pokemon (the other game referenced), Day 1:
Elohcin » Sat May 17, 2014 12:12 pm wrote:I voted for Kyle since he voted for me. I know his vote was random and there are no hard feelings there. And, I wouldn't have voted for him if it meant he would receive 2 votes and be tied for first. I wanted to vote for someone who had no votes so far and he seemed like the best choice. All in good fun! But I hope more things come to the surface thoughout the night and tomorrow so we can have a better idea of who could be bad.
The enlarged text above implies that you voted randomly on Day 1 in both Pokemon and here. But you didn't vote randomly on Day 1 in Pokemon- only here.
But at the time I had no suspicion of Kyle. It was still a pretty random vote IMO.

After reading back through Mongoose and k4j, I find the suspicions on k4j to be stronger than Mongoose. That is where my vote will most likely go today.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

@Mongoose :smile: :phew:

I am at work and have to make this quick! I had a brief break and was able to skim through quickly. I don't know if I'll be able to do a whole lot of reading before the lynch vote, but I have several people on my watch list as of right now. Some are just gut feelings and some are things that appeared strange in the thread. I'm not going to delineate my entire thoughts for each person for obvious reasons.

I don't have a good feeling about FZ and my vote will most likely go there. If I have time I'll try to go back and find the particulars that first set me on edge. This feeling developed on page 15 (in my format, default I assume).

Gotta run! I'll try to put thoughts together before the vote, but it's very close to the time I get off work.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

juliets wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

The only thing that had me suspicious about INH is how defensive he was but others convinced me that he is that way no matter his alignment so I dropped my suspicion of him. I know you voted him - do you still carry suspicion of him?
Well MPdefendedhim. Wouldhedo that tohis own team?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Turnip Head wrote: K4j, I'm sorry, but your behavior during the MP lynch and afterwards causes me to think you are his partner and did some last minute distancing because you knew he was going to get lynched and flip bad.
OMG.
What behavior? Why can no one understand that I had 20 minutes to figure out who I was going to vote?! Why is no one willing to even accept that fact. Instead it is last minute distancing. If it was last minute distancing I would have gone hard at MP. I would not have come in and saw what I saw and said in my first post back that I wasn't sure if I could vote him or asked if there was a punishment for not voting. I would have went straight to 'I think MP is bad'. But I can't do that as a civvie, I have to read and look at everything that is going down. What is sooooo awful about that 'behavior'?

You're not listening.
You're refusing!
I've proven your claim about me showing my first suspicion of MP right before I voted him by bringing it to your attention that I was the first to even be pinged by him when the game started! But that doesn't even factor into your thoughts, does it? You just label it as last minute distancing. And I am smart enough to know that coming close to last on a lynch is what baddies are often known for!

And my behavior 'afterwards'? Such as?! I came in with opinions so don't even go there.
Obviously I am going to spend a lot of time defending myself because that's how it works here. You see 3-4 people suspecting you heavily and you just know others are going to join.
People have barely held a conversation with me. That's not my fault.

I've played a good game and I refuse to be faulted for that.
I was really proud of my game too. It's so weird how I could feel so proud and contempt with my decision, feel confident coming into the next day and then a good number of people are at me.
I truly don't know what happened.
If you were civ I would expect you to be saying more about the lynch at hand... I think you would be trying to find one of MP's real teammates to lynch if you were not one of them. Your suspicion of FZ also does not feel genuine to me, and you used the "we think about things the same way when we are both civs" line to justify your opinion of her, but the details of what you don't agree with her about are hazy.
I tried to give opinions and I am willing to give them now, but people haven't commented on them.
I've suspected FZ, which whatever, you do not find it genuine, but the replies have mainly consisted of people saying my suspicion doesn't make sense. Like you're saying.

I say that line all the time, you should know that from last game at KSITE when I started off townie. FZ says it too. So why are you making a big deal about it?!
My opinion based off of FZ is solely vibes. Not much else I can say! I've explained how I do not get her paranoia. I've said more than just that we don't agree BTW. Please let us not forget that. I said that I think her claiming to trust people who suspect her (MP) is just an excuse, because she should have been able to see through someone calling her insincere when she hardly had any posts game related.

And to add to that, I didn't like her vote and it's more than a NO U. There she was claiming she would give me the benefit of the doubt but suddenly without any new posts from me she sees which way the wind is blowing and votes for me. Even thought she didn't agree with half the reasons I am being suspected. Yeah, ok.
It's not personal because you know I really enjoy playing with you, but nothing you've said has made me feel civ about you. I'm voting for you now.
As I enjoy playing with you! I am not taking anything personal by the way, but I am upset.
You didn't even properly respond to my defense.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

And you can't change your vote in this game. Would it have killed you to wait? Jeez.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I'm confused how I often see people 'busy' on this site. People are always saying, 'maybe it's because they're busy' rather than because of their alignment.
Yet I am faulted for a last minute vote and no one considers that it was because I wasn't able to come online.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Also, since I am already spamming the thread, while it's not bad to look for connections.
There are 2 baddie teams. Perhaps those who are relying on the idea of me being MP's teammate are from the other team. That would be FZ, TH, I'm not sure who else has said it.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

aww poor snowy.

i'm considering a vote for fz as well, lea, but for slightly different reasons.i think this is what i mean - "opportunistic" agreement with llama (who i think is operating under a fanfare of ridiculousness, but probably civ). I am not going to bury the fact it may seem "no U-ey" but i cant ignore my ping-a-lings (and I feel pretty good about Kitty's defense of himself or else maybe I'd look there).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:
Lizzy wrote:The points brought up about K4J are pretty solid, corroborated with the fact that MP's fate was pretty much sealed when he decided to vote for him.

The points brought against me are not solid.
If they were solid, then people should be saying that my last minute vote for MP was throwing a baddie under the bus, if it was solid that was all they have to say. I think when people go to the extent of saying my suspicion of Epi is a lie, it doesn't make sense, it is insincere it shows how desperate they are to PUSH their point.
The change in Epi is EVIDENT, so how is it so shocking that my opinion changed on him? Yet people use that to push the idea that I just changed my mind to go against MP.
My confusion stems from why you hid your Epig suspicion.

K4J, other than FZ (not that I think FZ shouldn't be lynched, but just to get it out of the way), who do you think should be lynched?
reywaS wrote:

See you all on Saturday
You would really like to lynch me, but no one else will follow you? Wow. So, you are voting today for the person most likely to get votes from other people rather than who you actually think is most likely to be bad? That sounds like baddie thinking to me.
I am inclined to agree with you, Rey.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I will probably end up voting for FZ.
Both FZ and INH are on my options, but INH has not said much more to make me feel confident. That is the problem with him, is one ping enough to warrant a vote?
And then there is Dom who I was kind of suspicious of but when she turned around and suspected me, it didn't feel fake. So I do not think I can vote there.

Eloh and Mongoose have gained attention but I don't know how to read them.
I am surprised Eloh hasn't gained more attention, I would expect those posts I am used to saying in every other game I've played with them 'Epi knows when Eloh is baddie'. Why has his 'case' not gathered attention, I am confused.

LINKI: Those are my thoughts Dom. So FZ and INH.
I am currently reading you as sincere.
And while the lack of opinions on Eloh after Epis post is weird - it isn't enough to make me even consider voting for her.

As for why I hid my suspicion of Epi, I will try to explain one more time.
I am often a player who says things really fast, out of the gate, and sometimes I make mistakes because I accuse people of not being themselves before they have the opportunity to do so. That has happened on KSITE so unfortunately I cannot give you any examples. But I am criticized with not giving people the chance to be themselves, so while I was suspicious I didn't want to come at Epi too early for his lack of participation (which is the only reason I was suspicious) and lead a lynch when he just hadn't got around to it. Because I was definitely coming with the night and day comparison of WWE and CAH. If I did it too early and he was townie, I might have felt any later input was to settle my nerves. If I did it too early and he was scum, it would have tipped him off into realizing he needed to do something. So I wanted to see what happened, without any of my interaction, to see what was more honest and natural.
I didn't clarify who it was later because I didn't see a reason to give the names on who I trusted because that could have been seen as a threat to the mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Snow Dog wrote:
juliets wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Well MPdefendedhim. Wouldhedo that tohis own team?
Uh oh - looks like you're cursed. I can still understand you though which is good. My thought is that MP would not defend a teammate in a thread because he is known for doing the opposite, throwing them under the bus. Or, maybe you know something I don't about the way he normally plays and I'm wrong. Are you thinking you might vote for him Snow Dog?

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

Both the cases on FZ and K4J seem to come down to "bad vibes" and minor pings. If I have to choose the one who I feel is putting off the most negative ways, and taking things a bit too personally, I'm going with K4J.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

insertnamehere wrote:Both the cases on FZ and K4J seem to come down to "bad vibes" and minor pings. If I have to choose the one who I feel is putting off the most negative ways, and taking things a bit too personally, I'm going with K4J.
Smh.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Let me make clear in my previous post the "him" i was referring to was INH

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I have to go again.