31%

Total votes: 13
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by PonySparkPrime »

If it wasn't obvious RL kidnapped me and i couldn't be here at Eod.
Sad mischop, RIP Mac, i am curious, wolves thought he as mafia God is a better NK than a tracker claim?

Linki bad guy
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 am Now can I please go back to reading in peace? Thank you.
Sure...because I would certainly love to see you produce a read on someone who isn't already dead or one of yesterdays lead wagons...that sort of actual effort might make a difference here.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185

Re: The Simpsons Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Paprika »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:26 am Can't do better than voting Mafia. It's pretty disingenuous to label it as an OMGUS vote, I clearly mentioned your behavior of obsessing over inactives as well as your comment accompanying the vote. Also an omgus would imply that you actually suspected me rather than just a joke vote.

This is a bullshit argument. You tagging me and mentioning me throughout the phase when I haven't even entered the thread doesn't align with that at all. I'd accept that if I was already here and doing nothing or dipped, and you wanted to hear more about me. It comes off more as scum having trouble engaging with the happenings of the thread and creating content, and then using inactives to that end. It's a cheap way of selling an engaged and concerned vibe.

Post 425: Case in point in this post. It's an awful post, even worse is I, a no poster, is mentioned in it. Like how was I even worthy of mentioning at all in it as an option. The "seems better thzn chopping a no-show in Hugh" is ridiculous. It's the scum having troubled to create genuine substance I'm talking about. You're using that bit as a way to sell of your vote and fluffing your post. Same with Milhouse there.

I haven't read everything yet.
you just made me ISO myself, and I resent that

I tagged you one singular time before D2 (and it was after people started pressuring Homer for dipping, so seems relevant to the situation at the time of you still not having posted by then), mentioned you a couple times when talking about zero posters (a shocking twist that you, a zero poster, would be mentioned in such a thing)

anyways, where I come from, inactivity ends up being a scum-tell more often than it doesn't

that may not be the case here and I accept that, and I am trying to not base my reads and moves solely off of that

Speaking of "here," is there any way to see vote history?

I'm pretty sure when I switched my vote to Lisa at the end of D1, I was the only voter on her, or maybe the second (leave obvious room for error here since apparently my memory is absolute garbage). Who did I sell my vote to? Then I switched to the Milhouse wagon, which clearly parses since, as you describe, I'm "weirdly obsessed" with inactives

(even though my case on Milhouse went beyond simply not being here: it was based on him coming by to drop a single town/scum wall and then disappearing again; not participating and then showing up to offer no actionable reads before going back to not participating is not town-y, and in a world of claims and spew, seemed as good a choice as any)
Do you suspect me for being absent up until the last half hour or so?

To the thread, to anyone reading your posts. I didn't mean it as in you trying to get people to join on that wagon, more like selling it as legitimate I guess.

What was suspicious about him dropping that town/scum wall? Did you have no other wolf read from D1?
I don't strongly suspect you right now

The issue with a slank read is that they kind of crumble if the person comes back and starts genuinely contributing.

I don't like your contributions, of course, but it's substance, and so early in the day I'm not feeling like you're "best chance to be a wolf," especially with a solid half of the players not yet here

What I find suspicious about town/scum walls is that they are easily abandoned or manipulated. It just encourages the reader to inject their own bias, and then the person who made the wall can play off that instead of coming up with anything themselves. A "this is towny" or "this is wolfy" here or there isn't a big deal, but if a wall of "town" and "wolf" is all that's offered, I find it really difficult to see it as anything more than noise

the only options available to a reader are to pressure for info, agree with a read and inject your own reasoning, or disagree with a read and inject your own reasoning

the latter two options are particularly problematic because you can get the replier to make your case for you. it's free real estate reads

I haven't had strong "they will flip wolf" reads yet. I did when Homer first did his thing (intro, then flat out rejected participating), and then when Flanders did his thing (refusing to justify reads, just expecting us to listen to him). The first... is on ice because Marge was really insistent it was "good enough for D1" and then other wagons took up speed. I am rather interested in what Homer does D2 and if Marge still hard defends him. The second evaporated the second Flanders spewed himself clear.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:14 am If it wasn't obvious RL kidnapped me and i couldn't be here at Eod.
Sad mischop, RIP Mac, i am curious, wolves thought he as mafia God is a better NK than a tracker claim?

Linki bad guy
I'm guessing more Doc dodge than mafia God. Like I said earlier, by the time the dust settled he was pretty much Mac the Inno Child and was never gonna be a mischop.

I'm a little salty about it because Mac came in voting me based on his guess as to who I was, then made three different guesses none of which were right, then I am pretty sure figured out who I was and switched his vote because I am pretty sure when that light came on he said "oh, yeah, definitely could be town"...but now he's dead, annoyingly enough and since this site doesn't allow for much in the way of examining vote movements some people are probably gonna even doubt that he did move his vote.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 193
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 am The second evaporated the second Flanders spewed himself clear.
This is not true. You clearly indicated that you thought Flanders was scum well after he claimed Mac and posted on his main. I called you out on it here.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

:workit:
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 pm oh shit milhouse is dead
Weren't you on his wagon?
:confused:
Derp denied
[VOTE: [mention]Grampa Simpson[/mention] ] aubergine
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Burns you've been getting on Hugh's case for having no reads but I can't tell what reads you have other than scumreading him. Where are you at in the game right now? What's your take on CBG?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:27 am
Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:14 am If it wasn't obvious RL kidnapped me and i couldn't be here at Eod.

Linki bad guy
I'm guessing more Doc dodge than mafia God. Like I said earlier, by the time the dust settled he was pretty much Mac the Inno Child and was never gonna be a mischop.

I'm a little salty about it because Mac came in voting me based on his guess as to who I was, then made three different guesses none of which were right, then I am pretty sure figured out who I was and switched his vote because I am pretty sure when that light came on he said "oh, yeah, definitely could be town"...but now he's dead, annoyingly enough and since this site doesn't allow for much in the way of examining vote movements some people are probably gonna even doubt that he did move his vote.

You should talk to me like i am a kid, not like i am gramps

Umm the last VC is public. Your wagos was like this
Mr. Burns
10% Voters: Homer Simpson, Marge Simpson
Ned Flanders

Except you can link an unvote post, i didn't notice that.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:29 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 am The second evaporated the second Flanders spewed himself clear.
This is not true. You clearly indicated that you thought Flanders was scum well after he claimed Mac and posted on his main. I called you out on it here.
What you linked doesn't say what you're saying it says.

When you called me out on it, I replied with a clear reason why I wasn't 100% convinced that he was lock town. That doesn't mean he was still a strong wolf read. It just means I saw a world where he could be a wolf by going "just kill me before the host does, but by the way it'd be smarter if you killed someone else..." (granted, at Burns' behest)
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:29 am :workit:
Derp denied
[VOTE: @Grampa Simpson ] aubergine
yes, the mistake has already been pointed out and addressed
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Poe rn Gramps and Mr. Burns

RL calls again
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:37 am
Derp denied
You mean this?
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 pm lol yeah that's fair, don't give me any derp cred for that
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:41 am
Derp denied
You mean this?
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 pm lol yeah that's fair, don't give me any derp cred for that
yeah
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:36 am

When you called me out on it, I replied with a clear reason why I wasn't 100% convinced that he was lock town. That doesn't mean he was still a strong wolf read. It just means I saw a world where he could be a wolf by going "just kill me before the host does, but by the way it'd be smarter if you killed someone else..." (granted, at Burns' behest)
Saying that Flanders spewed himself clear means that you are pretty convinced he was town.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 pm Deets on the track @Principal Skinner
you my good sir did not visit anyone
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:45 am
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 pm Deets on the track @Principal Skinner
why would you track otto of all people??
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:36 am

Linki bad guy

Mr. Burns
Ned Flanders

You don't fool me kid. You were on the ball enough yesterday to turn down the soda, and you are on the ball enough today to be addressed as something more than just the brainless urchin you pretend to be.

What do you think of both Homer and Marge saying they know who you are, and more importantly, what do you think of them townreading each other over this grand agreement mind meld? I want to say it is BS and figure out if one of them is playing the other, but it would help to know if you have somehow telegraphed who is pulling the strings there. Not like you would on purpose, but are you a regular Syndi-cat with some really obvious posting style?
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:44 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:36 am

Saying that Flanders spewed himself clear means that you are pretty convinced he was town.
I take it you weren't here when Mac hard claimed Mac, realized he had broke the rules, assumed he was getting modkilled, and just spewed town all over himself since he was dying anyway...I don't think anyone who knows Mac, and I'm guessing most people here do, could have looked at that as anything but town.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:44 am
Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:41 am
Derp denied
You mean this?
yeah
Nah, sorry Gramps, that doesn't look 'pointed out and addressed'
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:46 am
why would you track otto of all people??
That was my question, but since you asked first I'll leave you to it. If you want to borrow that hounds, call Smithers.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:50 am

Linki bad guy

Mr. Burns
Ned Flanders

You don't fool me kid. You were on the ball enough yesterday to turn down the soda, and you are on the ball enough today to be addressed as something more than just the brainless urchin you pretend to be.

What do you think of both Homer and Marge saying they know who you are, and more importantly, what do you think of them townreading each other over this grand agreement mind meld? I want to say it is BS and figure out if one of them is playing the other, but it would help to know if you have somehow telegraphed who is pulling the strings there. Not like you would on purpose, but are you a regular Syndi-cat with some really obvious posting style?
I can't sat this myself, I am not self conscious enough to say if i have a really obvious posting style.

About my parents, they look like cool people, what i can't get is my sis' reason to leave the vote on me at Eod but this also may be her way to show love.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:33 am Burns you've been getting on Hugh's case for having no reads but I can't tell what reads you have other than scumreading him. Where are you at in the game right now? What's your take on CBG?
I'm reassessing so the only reads I have right now that aren't stale are on the few people who have shown up so far.

Grampa I have as low hanging fruit that may or may not be a wolf. I figure enough people are chasing him around that he is gonna get sorted so I'm paying more attention to how the chasers chase than I am to him.

Otto I had as a pretty hard town read yesterday and I think him being ready to dive in was a good look that is consistent with that. He asked the most sensible question there was available (Skinner spill results) and interacted a bit in ways that were somewhere between active probing and waiting around for Skinner. No faults.

You I think I trust, despite our disagreements on Hugh Jass. Primarily, I think Mac knew who you are and if he is right he is a very reliable read on you...and he called you town. Of course he might have been wrong and I also may be misreading who you are so that's not in stone. But for now it's good enough.

Bart I like. I liked Bart yesterday, and I like that they have at least a couple reads even though one is me and is wrong, and I like the way they looked into what I said.

And my take on CBG is that the pop in skip at SoD was not a good look. I think yesterday there was a townread there by Otto and a couple others that was too early, and CBG reacted like "oh cool, I'll coast then." I have seen townies do that, but it is much more of a wolfy thing. Usually townies who get a kind of consensus townread will feel some freedom and really 'dig in' on investigating and pushing.

Skinner..."wait I'm the tracker" kept us from killing him, and then he tracks Otto. Maybe we shoulda killed him after all.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Bruh..

Worst.tracker.ever (sorryCBG)

And I don't believe you. The real tracker can do whatever they want, but.. yeah I just don't believe you're the tracker.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:57 am
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:50 am

Linki bad guy

Mr. Burns
Ned Flanders

I can't sat this myself, I am not self conscious enough to say if i have a really obvious posting style.

About my parents, they look like cool people, what i can't get is my sis' reason to leave the vote on me at Eod but this also may be her way to show love.
Well kid, I think the really suss thing about your sis is that she just dipped completely. Leaving the vote was just part of that. But you got pulled away too so...ehhh...but her whole day had a different feel than yours, to me. After she disappeared I did an ISO and there was a WHOLE lot less to it than it seemed like there would be.

I'm still gathering my wits to go see if Mac noted his vote changes in posts.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:08 am
Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:33 am Burns you've been getting on Hugh's case for having no reads but I can't tell what reads you have other than scumreading him. Where are you at in the game right now? What's your take on CBG?
I'm reassessing so the only reads I have right now that aren't stale are on the few people who have shown up so far.

Grampa I have as low hanging fruit that may or may not be a wolf. I figure enough people are chasing him around that he is gonna get sorted so I'm paying more attention to how the chasers chase than I am to him.

Otto I had as a pretty hard town read yesterday and I think him being ready to dive in was a good look that is consistent with that. He asked the most sensible question there was available (Skinner spill results) and interacted a bit in ways that were somewhere between active probing and waiting around for Skinner. No faults.

You I think I trust, despite our disagreements on Hugh Jass. Primarily, I think Mac knew who you are and if he is right he is a very reliable read on you...and he called you town. Of course he might have been wrong and I also may be misreading who you are so that's not in stone. But for now it's good enough.

Bart I like. I liked Bart yesterday, and I like that they have at least a couple reads even though one is me and is wrong, and I like the way they looked into what I said.

And my take on CBG is that the pop in skip at SoD was not a good look. I think yesterday there was a townread there by Otto and a couple others that was too early, and CBG reacted like "oh cool, I'll coast then." I have seen townies do that, but it is much more of a wolfy thing. Usually townies who get a kind of consensus townread will feel some freedom and really 'dig in' on investigating and pushing.

Skinner..."wait I'm the tracker" kept us from killing him, and then he tracks Otto. Maybe we shoulda killed him after all.
I started doubting my CBG read towards EoD. He just seemed to take the foot off the gas after a getting a few town leans and there were a few posts that just felt forced. I'd have to ISO, but even to start today he posted "I don't think so, Otto", I asked him to clarify and he was online, but then he ghosts.
Feels bad man
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:53 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:43 pm I was about to town read it for being Ted but if it's Sprityo it's just mafia.
So, here's the thing...someone else already pointed out that mass claiming real IDs would be outside the spirit of the game.

I agree with them, and actually if I were the host I'd just modkill you...for your hard claim and your fishing.

But since I do know you are Mac I guess I have to acknowledge that this sort of thing is probably town Mac...the whole "one post reads" bit is certainly typical Mac...as is the "never reassess" arrogance.

My intent was to keep pressure on two lumps of coal hoping one would turn into a diamond...and instead one turned into a Mac.

I take what I can get.

[VOTE: Skinner] aubergine
Why are you such a prick to me lol
I can't explain why without saying who I am, but this was where Mac realized who I was...or more like said that he knew who I was.
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:09 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm Just yeet me so the mod doesn't have to lol.
Is this best mechanical play here?

I'm in dark waters...
gives us a night of actions with one dead instead of two dead

and if Flanders is a woof then we'd go into N1 without a villager dead
Yes I am a woof that just asked to be killed.

[VOTE: Grandpa] aubergine
And this is where he moved his vote off of me.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Ok, fair, I officially remove Mr. Burns out of the Poe

I will play more in 12 hours from now on
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

The fifteen minutes in between those posts we were talking about game state stuff that he knew was the kind of thing I would want his thoughts on before he got the mod kill he was expecting, by the way. Reading back over it I guess maybe some people not having the benefit of knowing that was Mac talking to me wouldn't recognize it as the absolute deluge of town spew that it was...but wolf Mac caught in that mistake and thinking he was mod bait would have been antispewing on PEOPLE, not helping me with game state analysis. He was town, he was dying, and even if it was exaggerating to say "Inno Child and everyone knew it" I stand by the statement that there is no possible wolf team where all three members said "oh, yeah, we'll be able to get a mischop on Mac any old time, let's kill..."

By the way, given Skinners 'results,' good job wolves not trying to kill him.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Hugh Jass »

Finally caught up! I'm feeling things, feeling a lot of things but I'm having trouble trying to put them into words lol. It was also pretty difficult internalizing information, felt like reading posts from new players everywhere and the lack of familiarity with avys I guess you get lost sometimes and don't even remember who said what.

I think my strongest town reads would be Marge, Otto and Alison. Found myself agreeing with like almost everything Marge saying and that's pretty crazy lol. We have the two same scum reads and like most of her posts comes off as natural and you can see her train of thoughts. They're like open and accessible if that makes any sense, doesn't feel like there is an agenda behind them. I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious. Here it feels like she's just having fun, and it kind of gives off a good care free vibe that is townie.

Otto and Alison are the og contributors of the thread. I liked the energy they came in with, and it felt like it came with genuine game solving intent. Didn't really agree all that much with some of Otto's reads but they felt genuine, a lot of progression and reconsiderations which makes me feel like he's trying to figure out people for real and not just putting a show. I particularly liked post 72, I think it's the kind of post that only town does. It's nothing fancy but like scum never make them because they're never solving for real. I don't know if this make any sense lol, it's like the kind of self reflecting and gathering of thoughts that comes from a townie mindset when they're trying to get a feel for the state of the game. Agreed with his Gtumple take, felt also genuine and not like him wanting to get Grumple off his back. I understand it too 'cause you usually can have personal takes on how someone is treating you so you can get reads from it, I'm a no u specialist since I feel like I have good instincts for when scum is pushing me for bullshit reasons lol. Overall have the same thought about Alison, I liked her Gramps take and while I started suspecting him for different and more personal reasons, her take are good. The change of speed of Gramps is particularily telling. I also like her feelings about the state of the game and how its going, feel like genuine town concerns.

Pretty much agree with Marge about Homer. The idgaf attitude her and not tailoring his game to people especially after getting prodded is more likely town than not. Also it actually feels genuine, rather than like a scum trying to sell that fake bravado. He kind of embodies it here lol. The lock town on Mill is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some trouble with CBG, little bit of a love hate relationship. I kind of read his concise posts as town like, they feel like naked thoughts and right to the point. Also some of the silly one liners he's dished have surprisingly pinged me town lol. He has that same attitude vibe that Homer have, although it's not something that is unfakeable (if that is word). Not sure if I'm dumb but post 417 is town for me lmao. We have Mill about to get eliminated, and it's like a meme-y mafia read on him that I just don't think Mafia ever makes. It's fucking hilarious.

Unlike his parents, I have no fucking clue who Bart is. He's in my townpile though. I guess for the bland reasons that his thoughts are genuine bla bla bla lol. I kind of like the little work he's done when he's been playing the game and contributing. Feels real to me, and while it actually matches other peoples reads especially the scum reads, it kind of comes off as he's coming into them on his own like he's playing the game at his own pace.

Kristy, and Lisa are in my PoE. I haven't really figured them out much and some stuff have pinged me. Also not a lot of things to work with. Krusty gives off a weird disattached vibe, like he's a robot if that makes sense lol. There is like no emotion accompanying his posts and it comes off as if he's not actually trying to figure people out just asking questions. Speaking of questions, I'm not seeing him reach much conclusions and seems like he's just faking contributions through those questions who don't seem most of the time to be stuff that will actually help him figure someone out. More like bland and semantic stuff that I guess help him fake contribution. I think his take on Mill's wall post is the kind of wolfy remark used to shade others. He's like piggy backing off others when they're discussing Mill, and he just pops in to point out something that can be seen as scummy and then nothing further. He dips from there with clean hands. Kind of saw it that way.

Not a big fan of Lisa's little contribution. Feels like she's hunting some easy posts to go off of, and then just share some bland takes. She's kind of using them to appear as if contributing. It's not the lack of reasoning that is off to me, it's more like they seem to be random as hell. There is no train of thoughts or contuinity to them, she's not like quoting different posts about a same discussion trying to give her thoughts about them or add to the discussion. She's more putting her hand into a lot of different discussion to I guess appear more visible, and broaden her reach.

Already talked about Gramps and Burns who are at the bottom of my PoE. Haven't really moved much off of them after catching up completely, although I'd say I'm still mulling over some things I've seen from Gramps. Also the inactives thing could be a culture/playstyle clash, but even then I'm not a big fan of the rest of his contribution. The gear shift that Alison built her case on is something I agree with as well. Scums are more likely to make it when called out, and it kind of shows that whatever vibe or attitude they had prior was fake.

I still fucking hate Mr. Burns with a passion. I think he was trying to discredit early on Alison and Otto with the fear mongering about them potentially power wolfing. It's a cheap way to shade someone while posing it as a an open ended question, "oh I'm just aking myself" "I'm not sure". It sounds so fucking fake, and it's usually the kind of cowardy wolf tactics to shade loud voices. No fucking townie put that thought out there immediately. It's so slimy lol.

I've got more thoughts there, and also more thoughts in general but this is it for this post. It actually fucking sucks to come from behind 'cause I have so many problems trying to put into words everything I want to say lol. I guess that'll serve me missing the whole phase. Hopefully I'll keep being up to date this phase. I initially thought about iso-ing every single player and then sharing my thoughts posts by posts as that'd be easier, but fuck that lmao.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:19 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 am Now can I please go back to reading in peace? Thank you.
Sure...because I would certainly love to see you produce a read on someone who isn't already dead or one of yesterdays lead wagons...that sort of actual effort might make a difference here.
I see you're conceding your initial point. I accept it.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:26 am Can't do better than voting Mafia. It's pretty disingenuous to label it as an OMGUS vote, I clearly mentioned your behavior of obsessing over inactives as well as your comment accompanying the vote. Also an omgus would imply that you actually suspected me rather than just a joke vote.

This is a bullshit argument. You tagging me and mentioning me throughout the phase when I haven't even entered the thread doesn't align with that at all. I'd accept that if I was already here and doing nothing or dipped, and you wanted to hear more about me. It comes off more as scum having trouble engaging with the happenings of the thread and creating content, and then using inactives to that end. It's a cheap way of selling an engaged and concerned vibe.

Post 425: Case in point in this post. It's an awful post, even worse is I, a no poster, is mentioned in it. Like how was I even worthy of mentioning at all in it as an option. The "seems better thzn chopping a no-show in Hugh" is ridiculous. It's the scum having troubled to create genuine substance I'm talking about. You're using that bit as a way to sell of your vote and fluffing your post. Same with Milhouse there.

I haven't read everything yet.
you just made me ISO myself, and I resent that

I tagged you one singular time before D2 (and it was after people started pressuring Homer for dipping, so seems relevant to the situation at the time of you still not having posted by then), mentioned you a couple times when talking about zero posters (a shocking twist that you, a zero poster, would be mentioned in such a thing)

anyways, where I come from, inactivity ends up being a scum-tell more often than it doesn't

that may not be the case here and I accept that, and I am trying to not base my reads and moves solely off of that

Speaking of "here," is there any way to see vote history?

I'm pretty sure when I switched my vote to Lisa at the end of D1, I was the only voter on her, or maybe the second (leave obvious room for error here since apparently my memory is absolute garbage). Who did I sell my vote to? Then I switched to the Milhouse wagon, which clearly parses since, as you describe, I'm "weirdly obsessed" with inactives

(even though my case on Milhouse went beyond simply not being here: it was based on him coming by to drop a single town/scum wall and then disappearing again; not participating and then showing up to offer no actionable reads before going back to not participating is not town-y, and in a world of claims and spew, seemed as good a choice as any)
Do you suspect me for being absent up until the last half hour or so?

To the thread, to anyone reading your posts. I didn't mean it as in you trying to get people to join on that wagon, more like selling it as legitimate I guess.

What was suspicious about him dropping that town/scum wall? Did you have no other wolf read from D1?
I don't strongly suspect you right now

The issue with a slank read is that they kind of crumble if the person comes back and starts genuinely contributing.

I don't like your contributions, of course, but it's substance, and so early in the day I'm not feeling like you're "best chance to be a wolf," especially with a solid half of the players not yet here

What I find suspicious about town/scum walls is that they are easily abandoned or manipulated. It just encourages the reader to inject their own bias, and then the person who made the wall can play off that instead of coming up with anything themselves. A "this is towny" or "this is wolfy" here or there isn't a big deal, but if a wall of "town" and "wolf" is all that's offered, I find it really difficult to see it as anything more than noise

the only options available to a reader are to pressure for info, agree with a read and inject your own reasoning, or disagree with a read and inject your own reasoning

the latter two options are particularly problematic because you can get the replier to make your case for you. it's free real estate reads

I haven't had strong "they will flip wolf" reads yet. I did when Homer first did his thing (intro, then flat out rejected participating), and then when Flanders did his thing (refusing to justify reads, just expecting us to listen to him). The first... is on ice because Marge was really insistent it was "good enough for D1" and then other wagons took up speed. I am rather interested in what Homer does D2 and if Marge still hard defends him. The second evaporated the second Flanders spewed himself clear.
What do you suspect me for?

Not sure what this line is a response to, or about.

I guess you can respond to this one alongside my first question. Interested in what you don't like about it.

I'm not sure how exactly they can play off of it. When they start posting more, wouldn't they be forced to actually to come up with something themselves? Like I'm not sure how it is so agenda-y which makes me unable to see how it's inherently scummy on its own. Is your issue with it the reactions its provide that can then be used by the when making it to fake cases? If so, aren't reaction reads a staple of civilian reads? What made this one evil?

Fair enough. Do you usually find suspicious not participation or shitposts by default? Also if it isn't against the rules, could you share which forum do you usually play at?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by dodo »

My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:57 am
This kind of bullshit "claim victory" post, outside a mafia game, would be straight up trolling.

I liked some of your reads, think others were just gum bumping but want to check them before I say anything more, and...really want people to look closely at something you brought my attention to...

You said "I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious." I think that showed a lot of potential self awareness, in the "people have told you you have a wolf tell" kind of way.

But not in the real way where you can use that information to clean up the tell. How many nervous chuckles can you fit in a single wall post man?

You have joined the game though, and like I said even though your read on me is nothing but conf biased bullshit some of them are really good, so for now

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Catching up I had the identity of some of the sockpuppets as players I'm certain aren't playing this game since they don't play on this forum. I couldn't shake it nonetheless. It's pretty weird and funny.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Marge Simpson »

[VOTE: Mr Burns ] aubergine

Get him and his “hounds” outta here
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Marge Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:59 pm scratching the "D1 is the day that the worst posting slanker that has under 10 posts gets yeeted" off my bingo card
I see in the future
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

It's getting pretty late for the Hugh Jass. I'm off to bed, should probably be check back around sometimes in the evening tomorrow.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 am
Marge Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:59 pm scratching the "D1 is the day that the worst posting slanker that has under 10 posts gets yeeted" off my bingo card
I see in the future
You missed.

Skinner was by far a worse posting slanker, he just free crutched off (apparently) randing a power role. Millhouse was a bad posting slanker, but not the worst. He just got chopped in the wake of the claim.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

When will Syndicate learn that the scum on this site actually care about the game
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:10 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:57 am
This kind of bullshit "claim victory" post, outside a mafia game, would be straight up trolling.

I liked some of your reads, think others were just gum bumping but want to check them before I say anything more, and...really want people to look closely at something you brought my attention to...

You said "I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious." I think that showed a lot of potential self awareness, in the "people have told you you have a wolf tell" kind of way.

But not in the real way where you can use that information to clean up the tell. How many nervous chuckles can you fit in a single wall post man?

You have joined the game though, and like I said even though your read on me is nothing but conf biased bullshit some of them are really good, so for now

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Stay mad.

Feel free to expand on any of them, especially the "gum bumping" ones.

I hate to break it to you pal, but that is no tell of mine. And it hasn't been once mentioned to me, let alone used that way. There're a dime a dozens in my posts when I'm vibing that way. I chuckled a lot making that post and going over my thoughts in my head. Especially when you're trying to convery them into words and have trouble sometimes, or you're not sure what you're saying make sense.

If you haven't noticed, there isn't one of them in any of the posts where I'm adressing you, including this one :beer:

What is the real way where one would be able to clean up a tell when it's been highlighted to them? It's fucking laughing acronyms.

If that helps you sleep at night.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 am It's getting pretty late for the Hugh Jass. I'm off to bed, should probably be check back around sometimes in the evening tomorrow.
I fucking lied.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Is anyone town reading the Gramps? I'd be interested in hearing some other takes about him.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 am When will Syndicate learn that the scum on this site actually care about the game
I can agree with this...but there is still the option to say "look at all the people like Marge, maybe I can just slank through." Especially in an anonymous game.

So I'm gonna ask you the same thing I asked Hugh earlier...

How about instead of "oh you chopped a slanker, bad job you," you explain what you think we could have done better, and why you didn't do it?

You had a "wolf read" that you are apparently supremely confident of. I certainly didn't and I admit it. Since I didn't I chopped someone that didn't seem like they were going to be any easier to solve day five than they were day one. To me, that was making the best of a bad situation.

You have this "wolf read." You had no case. I know you had no case because I am still here. If we as a town had had a good case on a suspected wolf we wouldn't have been stuck sifting through the low posters. Whatever wild feelies you have that I am a wolf, they are not productive.

If you are town, which I really have no great reason to think that you aren't, get productive. Instead of flinging a naked vote (and yes a comment about the role playing with Smithers and the hounds still leaves that vote naked) at someone you did not have a real case on yesterday either go through my content, of which there is plenty and make your case, or move on and share your thoughts on the rest of the game so the rest of us can at least evaluate your slot.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:30 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 am It's getting pretty late for the Hugh Jass. I'm off to bed, should probably be check back around sometimes in the evening tomorrow.
I fucking lied.
That's really annoying because I was gonna call it but now I'm interested in exchanging ideas that might help solve this thing.

If I look at Gramps, will you look at the Marge/Homer thing that I haven't sorted out yet?

They both said something about knowing who Bart is...and I am bothered by not knowing who Bart is...plus it just feels like maybe one of them pocketed the other there.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 am
I fucking lied.
That's really annoying because I was gonna call it but now I'm interested in exchanging ideas that might help solve this thing.

If I look at Gramps, will you look at the Marge/Homer thing that I haven't sorted out yet?

They both said something about knowing who Bart is...and I am bothered by not knowing who Bart is...plus it just feels like maybe one of them pocketed the other there.
I'm about to crash out for real this time, it's getting ridiculously late.

Sure why not, I'll look over it tomorrow when I get back. I still got some stuff I'll sleep on.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Marge Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 am When will Syndicate learn that the scum on this site actually care about the game
Looks like i'm confirmed town then.

Catching up after my work is done.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 am
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 am
I fucking lied.

I'm about to crash out for real this time, it's getting ridiculously late.

Sure why not, I'll look over it tomorrow when I get back. I still got some stuff I'll sleep on.
Smart. Smarter than me. I just read through Grampa's ISO and it did me no good at all because I had barely started when I said "read fast or you won't make it before you fall asleep in the chair." It may as well have been an eye chart. I'll look again tomorrow and let you know. Probably not until fairly late again. I have a busy Monday.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Lisa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 am

you looked like you cared about the game

or at least wanted to look like you cared about it :P
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

When they will be tired to mischop in day 1 just because :shrug:

Denied tho

Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Marge Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 am

you looked like you cared about the game

or at least wanted to look like you cared about it :P
Ok then. Who doesn't care about the game who's still alive? Feels like a pointless ''i told you so'' statement otherwise. :shrug:

Return to “Previous Heists”