Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 4

Post by Vompatti »

Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:If someone saved me, thank you very much!

I vote we turn and face the spiders. Let's not expose our backs to the enemy.
What do you mean "If"?
I don't know how I was saved and am not making any assumptions.
Right. Okay.
But surely, you were saved? You would know if you weren't saved. You would know if your role had a power, if you had bought an item in the store, etc... ? So what do you mean IF you were saved? Were you or weren't you? This isn't an ambiguous thing. It's the question of do you know how you survived or not.
She could have been saved by a power beyond our comprehension k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 4

Post by Vompatti »

Also, I hope you baddies who choose to attack the innocent spiders get what you deserve. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:
Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:

What do you mean "If"?
Right. Okay.
But surely, you were saved? You would know if you weren't saved. You would know if your role had a power, if you had bought an item in the store, etc... ? So what do you mean IF you were saved? Were you or weren't you? This isn't an ambiguous thing. It's the question of do you know how you survived or not.
Secrets, okay.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Secrets, okay.
I'm not saying I don't have any info, but I don't have any info.

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

Vompatti wrote:
Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:

What do you mean "If"?
Right. Okay.
That's fine, Vomps. That's not what I'm critiquing here. I am confused by Mongoose's ambiguity. She says, "if" she was saved. Now, saved would indicate that someone else... you know... saved her. Ergo, she does not know how she survived. (Even if it's something that intrinsic to Mongoose that she doesn't know, it would appear this way to Mongoose, no?)
However, Mongoose's ambiguity here indicates to me that she is being very careful about what she is saying. She doesn't want to say something that would implicate her as a certain role/faction. I got caught in this during Supernatural Mafia (I think). I believe LC (who was also bad) caught me because I said that I didn't know how I survived. That would have required me to be a baddie, etc.

Mongoose, why so ambiguous? Why so secretive?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:

What do you mean "If"?
Right. Okay.
has YOUR soul been saved?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I would say I'd run away from the spiders because I don't believe in needlessly killing things, but I'm actually just scared of spiders.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:What do you mean "If"?
Right. Okay.
I'm still working on it.

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Right. Okay.
I'm still working on it.
I think Vomps is far past saving.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I'm alive. Don't worry. ;)
I am a little worried about you to be honest. You have been verrrry quiet in this game so far. Why so quiet?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

You know, I am really starting to warm up to Dom. :D

MetalMarsh, that is a good point about our mission, but aren't you afraid to turn our backs on the spiders? They have eight legs. Surely they can outrun us?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Leamiteo wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I'm alive. Don't worry. ;)
I am a little worried about you to be honest. You have been verrrry quiet in this game so far. Why so quiet?
I'm usually quiet, but I admit I have been more so than usual. Part of that was because I was split between games (the other has now ended so it's good) and I was pretty sick for a bit which left me in no mood for anything but just lying down. :P
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

@DP: OK, fair enough for now. But I'll be watching you! :eye: ;)

There is no guarantee that we'll run from the spiders and get away. Nor is there a guarantee that if we fight we will kill them/fend them off and get away unscathed. Why not fight?
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

:confused: Prthaps goose survived cuz she is already dead. But no one told her.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Oh, and I also hope that you are back to feeling healthy and like doing things! That's never fun.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Boogs wrote:It's illogical and makes no sense how I would want to fake being silent Day 2 in order to gain credibility after a Day 1 when I did nothing suspicious to "cover up" or anything to gain that early in the game. It would make perfect sense if someone were to fake being silent after a few days to get suspicion off their backs or something, but not on Day 2.
As long as you keep repeating this defense-against-a-fake-accusation, I'll keep repeating my response. You claimed that you were pinged by the lynched baddies, one of whom you conveniently said nothing and missed the vote. Then you said you were silenced. Yes, it makes complete sense to fake a silence. You get out with a perfect explanation and we supposedly believe your word that you always suspected the baddies. It is that whole picture, not faking a silence, which would give you credibility... if we believed it.

Your story is plausible, and I might have believed it, if it weren't for all your other mistakes and for your continual "misunderstanding" of the argument against you.

Of course, I am good at (bad about) the pit bull method on these games. :|
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote::confused: Prthaps goose survived cuz she is already dead. But no one told her.
I'll only believe that when juliets posts.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote::confused: Prthaps goose survived cuz she is already dead. But no one told her.
Were we not told that votes against dead people wouldn't count? Thus, the next person in line would have been lynched, eh? This only confirms Mongoose ISN'T dead, right?
Also, why would anyone kill Mongoose right now?-- they're either on her team or a nice person to talk about that isn't them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

My general philosophy is this: Unless there is a clear, civilian reason someone survived a lynch (not a Night kill), lynch that person again right away in the next poll.

However, I think Mongoose is Smaug, and Bard needs to do whatever he can do on that front.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Captain Bunny- I can see we are never going to agree on the subject that you will believe me. So it's not worth me trying to appeal to you or respond to you for the time being. So, I'm leaving it at you think I'm a liar right now etc.

Onto more important things to talk about, I think again reading the host's night posts about the spiders... I again reiterate that he says we are ready this time so I will go with us at least trying to fight them. If we run, I'm afraid we will have something bad happen in the aftermath.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:Captain Bunny- I can see we are never going to agree on the subject that you will believe me. So it's not worth me trying to appeal to you or respond to you for the time being. So, I'm leaving it at you think I'm a liar right now etc.

Onto more important things to talk about, I think again reading the host's night posts about the spiders... I again reiterate that he says we are ready this time so I will go with us at least trying to fight them. If we run, I'm afraid we will have something bad happen in the aftermath.
More important things to talk about? A night poll about spiders is more important than the objective of the game?

Boogs, I love you, but buddy, you're bad news.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Epignosis wrote:
Boogs wrote:Captain Bunny- I can see we are never going to agree on the subject that you will believe me. So it's not worth me trying to appeal to you or respond to you for the time being. So, I'm leaving it at you think I'm a liar right now etc.

More important things to talk about? A night poll about spiders is more important than the objective of the game?

I'm beating a dead horse with him and it's not going to do me any good to keep trying to talk and respond to him specifically. It frustrates me which is why I'm agreeing to disagree with him for the time being.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Epi, I have been meaning to tell you that your avatar freaks me out.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Leamiteo wrote:Epi, I have been meaning to tell you that your avatar freaks me out.
Watch the movie from which it comes. You'll sleep fine.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:Epi, I have been meaning to tell you that your avatar freaks me out.
Finding Nemo?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:My general philosophy is this: Unless there is a clear, civilian reason someone survived a lynch (not a Night kill), lynch that person again right away in the next poll.

However, I think Mongoose is Smaug, and Bard needs to do whatever he can do on that front.
I remember well what happened in your Masters of the Universe game when we didn't try to lynch the same person twice in a row, and I don't think Mongoose is Smaug, I think she is Goblin Town, so I am all for trying again.

Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Epignosis wrote:
Which is what?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Leamiteo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Which is what?
Masters of the Universe
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Hmmmm....no death. Very interesting. With the way the votes went down, I'm about 50/50 right now between Mongoose being Smaug and being on the baddie team where no one has died yet. I think either situation is fairly likely right now.

Linki: Exactly, llama. Unless something funny happens tonight/tomorrow, I will probably try to lynch Mongoose again. If the same thing happens tomorrow, then we know she's Smaug, and Bard can do his thing.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:My general philosophy is this: Unless there is a clear, civilian reason someone survived a lynch (not a Night kill), lynch that person again right away in the next poll.

Why do you think she is Smaug?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:

Do you have a reason to suggest that she isn't? If so, please- help me out.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

My reason is an intuitive detection of teammates. The fact that so many people suddenly went from indifferent to happy to vote for her today smells awfully to me like team members covering themselves since they knew she wouldn't die.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

To elaborate on the above, I begged people to look at Mongoose for days and was met with a wall of ignoring. Finally, when it became clear I was never going to shut up about it, a few people started to notice, then when the votes came down it was near unanimous. What's the explanation for that? The only one I can think of is that her teammates were hoping that if they ignored me I'd go away, and when I didn't, they voted for her to show what good little civs they are. Haha, charade you are!

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Also...

This pretty much tells me that you aren't a civ. If you had been saved from an item you had bought, I think you would have been willing to share it with us. So yeah, you're either a goblin of some kind of Smaug.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Why is the burden of proof on the person being open minded and not the one coming to an early conclusion?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Why is the burden of proof on the person being open minded and not the one coming to an early conclusion?
Fair enough.

She survived a lynch. Smaug can likely do that.

Any reason you think she isn't that role?
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Fair enough.

Is there a possibility that she bought an item from the store to make her survive? Im looking at it and seeing items to protect from NKs, but not lynches. And if it was because of an item, does anyone know if she could have stacked up enough gold so far to get one of those items?
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

Boogs wrote:Wow what a crazy lynch with no one dying and very interesting to ponder on... I caught up and saw I got some random votes with Lizzy and Hedgeowl... Not sure if those are genuine votes that they found me suspicious or because they were hoping to some how save Mongoose for alterior motives. Nonetheless, I look forward to hearing from them. I'm not sure what to do about the spiders but I did notice in the story he said that we were ready this time, so it makes me feel like we are able to defeat them. It sounds dangerous though.... And I'm not sure where Mongoose went? He disappeared? Interesting story indeed.

And for the faking thing that was brought up, I would never fake being silenced to gain credibility. I just saw Tranq fake being silenced in my Pokemon game and it gained suspicion on him and I pondered why he would do something so silly when he was the main Civ character. Even Epignosis can vouch for that having co hosted with me.
I faked being silenced for civvie cred once. And it ended up working out quite nicely for me. It was in Lost: Revolutions on RM. I went from being suspect number one in the game to almost confirmed civvie(as far as the civvies thought anyway). I was bad bad bad in that game.

People fake being silenced all the time to try to get suspicion of themselves. Roxy did it recently in I think Viral Vids.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

but it usually comes when people have suspicion on them already. It wouldn't make sense to fake being silenced out of the blue.
Some day, Some day
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote: Is there a possibility that she bought an item from the store to make her survive? Im looking at it and seeing items to protect from NKs, but not lynches. And if it was because of an item, does anyone know if she could have stacked up enough gold so far to get one of those items?
As you say, the items claim only to protect from NKs. I don't think our host would deceive us about that. Smaug does start with a ton of gold, though.

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I agree that Mongoose doesn't look good after this lynch. More so her reaction to the non lynch than anything else.
Some day, Some day
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Fair enough.

No.
But I don't see why you seem more sure that she IS that role. And I don't see why you avoid that, tbh.
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote: Is there a possibility that she bought an item from the store to make her survive? Im looking at it and seeing items to protect from NKs, but not lynches. And if it was because of an item, does anyone know if she could have stacked up enough gold so far to get one of those items?
The items don't seem to protect from lynches and she claims to not know if she was saved or not, which literally makes no sense.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

You guys would think a cat on a roof is suspicious.

I haven't bought anything - my role did not save me and I did not use an item to save me.

I am certainly not Smaug (lie detector me!) and I truly don't know how I survived (if it was someone else's role mechanic or if they used an item on me, etc).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Boogs wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'm beating a dead horse with him and it's not going to do me any good to keep trying to talk and respond to him specifically. It frustrates me which is why I'm agreeing to disagree with him for the time being.
Hey, no hard feelings, Boogs. I am not out to frustrate you. :( That's what I meant by the "I can be good at (bad about the pit bull method" comment, meaning latching onto a suspicion and never letting go.

Also,
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
Boogs wrote:
You've never played with me before dude lol
I'm not a dude, dude. :p :)
:)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

thellama73 wrote:To elaborate on the above, I begged people to look at Mongoose for days and was met with a wall of ignoring. Finally, when it became clear I was never going to shut up about it, a few people started to notice, then when the votes came down it was near unanimous. What's the explanation for that? The only one I can think of is that her teammates were hoping that if they ignored me I'd go away, and when I didn't, they voted for her to show what good little civs they are. Haha, charade you are!
I, too, found this sudden enthusiasm VERY fishy. Votes for Mongoose went from 2 for the last two lynches to almost EVERYONE this time around. Understandably, several people were rightfully voting for baddies in the first two polls, but this time it was a little too (nearly) unanimous, and I'm sure the numbers don't add up to all Civs. Although I've only played one other game, I never remember anything like this happening. Also, love the Pink Floyd reference :D

As for the lynch result, I am conflicted with Mongoose's role; I'm happy to vote again to see the next result, but I also don't want to waste it if she is, indeed Smaug (if Smaug has the power to avoid being lynched). I'm leaning towards trying again, however.

And spiders? Ugh. Don't like bugs. My first instinct was to run, but people are making good points about how we're "more prepared" this time around. But what would we be fighting with? The diary I remembered to bring?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote:To elaborate on the above, I begged people to look at Mongoose for days and was met with a wall of ignoring. Finally, when it became clear I was never going to shut up about it, a few people started to notice, then when the votes came down it was near unanimous. What's the explanation for that? The only one I can think of is that her teammates were hoping that if they ignored me I'd go away, and when I didn't, they voted for her to show what good little civs they are. Haha, charade you are!
I, too, found this sudden enthusiasm VERY fishy. Votes for Mongoose went from 2 for the last two lynches to almost EVERYONE this time around. Understandably, several people were rightfully voting for baddies in the first two polls, but this time it was a little too (nearly) unanimous, and I'm sure the numbers don't add up to all Civs. Although I've only played one other game, I never remember anything like this happening. Also, love the Pink Floyd reference :D

As for the lynch result, I am conflicted with Mongoose's role; I'm happy to vote again to see the next result, but I also don't want to waste it if she is, indeed Smaug (if Smaug has the power to avoid being lynched). I'm leaning towards trying again, however.

And spiders? Ugh. Don't like bugs. My first instinct was to run, but people are making good points about how we're "more prepared" this time around. But what would we be fighting with? The diary I remembered to bring?
Shit, left out a comma. "...if she is, indeed, Smaug." There. Now I feel better. (that's the English teacher talking)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote: Haha, charade you are!

:guitar:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, resurrection please? :D

:feb:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Mongoose wrote:You guys would think a cat on a roof is suspicious.

I haven't bought anything - my role did not save me and I did not use an item to save me.

I am certainly not Smaug (lie detector me!) and I truly don't know how I survived (if it was someone else's role mechanic or if they used an item on me, etc).
That's not what you said before. ;)
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:You guys would think a cat on a roof is suspicious.

That's not what you said before. ;)
Are you sure about that? That's definitely what I was intending to say.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”