63%

Total votes: 8
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 4

Post by Hedgeowl »

nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote:To elaborate on the above, I begged people to look at Mongoose for days and was met with a wall of ignoring. Finally, when it became clear I was never going to shut up about it, a few people started to notice, then when the votes came down it was near unanimous. What's the explanation for that? The only one I can think of is that her teammates were hoping that if they ignored me I'd go away, and when I didn't, they voted for her to show what good little civs they are. Haha, charade you are!
I, too, found this sudden enthusiasm VERY fishy. Votes for Mongoose went from 2 for the last two lynches to almost EVERYONE this time around. Understandably, several people were rightfully voting for baddies in the first two polls, but this time it was a little too (nearly) unanimous, and I'm sure the numbers don't add up to all Civs. Although I've only played one other game, I never remember anything like this happening. Also, love the Pink Floyd reference :D

As for the lynch result, I am conflicted with Mongoose's role; I'm happy to vote again to see the next result, but I also don't want to waste it if she is, indeed Smaug (if Smaug has the power to avoid being lynched). I'm leaning towards trying again, however.

And spiders? Ugh. Don't like bugs. My first instinct was to run, but people are making good points about how we're "more prepared" this time around. But what would we be fighting with? The diary I remembered to bring?
I agree with what Llama and you are bringing up and it's mostly why I didn't vote Mongoose. I am always leary of sudden unanimous voting. In light of the fact that Elo flipped bad, I was questioning whether Boogs had been used as a distraction from Elo. I also think he was legit silenced because as ReywaS has said, it seems unlikely unless you need civ Cred. However, in this scenario I found myself choosing to vote him based on the case CBK made which went beyond just the silencing.

Considering what happened in the lynch poll, I think a vote for Mongoose tomorrow is well in order. Not a lot of reasons on the civ side to survive that I can come up with really.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

Also, was it ever stated who was dead? Was it Juliets or was she silenced?

I noticed she posted in the OT forums which she has done in a past game when silenced.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:Also, was it ever stated who was dead? Was it Juliets or was she silenced?

I noticed she posted in the OT forums which she has done in a past game when silenced.
She's the only one who hasn't checked in and a silencing wouldn't last into the night period. Has to be her.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote:You guys would think a cat on a roof is suspicious.

I haven't bought anything - my role did not save me and I did not use an item to save me.

I am certainly not Smaug (lie detector me!) and I truly don't know how I survived (if it was someone else's role mechanic or if they used an item on me, etc).
If I saw Boogs on a roof, I would be suspicious.

@Epi, if Mongoose is Smaug, what makes you so sure lynching her again will work?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

First off, sorry for my lack of contribution recently, but have been away.

A few things after yesterday's lynch:

1. Nice try Boogie, but I don't vote randomly, except on several occasions on Day 1. I voted for you last time as well, because... I think you're bad. I simply didn't have the strength yesterday to reiterate the case against you. And nice little attempt there to quash discussion.

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:My general philosophy is this: Unless there is a clear, civilian reason someone survived a lynch (not a Night kill), lynch that person again right away in the next poll.

However, I think Mongoose is Smaug, and Bard needs to do whatever he can do on that front.
Why do you think she is Smaug?
Do you have a reason to suggest that she isn't? If so, please- help me out.
My reason is an intuitive detection of teammates. The fact that so many people suddenly went from indifferent to happy to vote for her today smells awfully to me like team members covering themselves since they knew she wouldn't die.
I would agree with this (one other reason I voted for Boogie yesterday was because the sudden bandwagon looked odd as hell), if there wasn't an issue: there were 3 Moria goblins who basically dropped like flies in lynches; the other guys are 5 AND can survive lynches? If that's the case, I see a bit of a balance problem here. There quite a few civilian roles with secrets, but since she claims she has no idea how she survived, I think we can rule that one out. Smaug and Gollum seem more likely to me, and even Bolg, but I wouldn't exclude Goblin Town either, despite the above mentioned issue. Either way, it doesn't look too good for her.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, resurrection please? :D

:feb:
[img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/never.gif[/img]
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I am back (and not dead!), and my absence had nothing to do with wine. :mad:

That was seriously the fishiest day/lynch poll I've ever seen.

I don't know what's going on, but I have one point to make: No one has suggested the possibility that the indy team could be aligned with the full-strength baddie team. If that is the case, we may be scwewed.

With that said, allow me to dispell another bafflingly incorrect analysis of the original case against Boogs seen in the posts I've quoted below. I don't know anything about Bullzeye, but he is incorrect if he thinks my case suggested that Boogs would gain civ cred by faking a silence. If he did fake a silence, I think it would be to cover up his repeated and obvious claims for suspicion of known/lynched baddies after they were dead.
My comments were not directed at your case. I was responding directly to points made by Snow, who was saying that Boogs might have tried to gain civ cred. It's his argument I disagree with. As far as indy (neutral, really) teams go, there's no reason to believe they're aligned with anyone right now. Usually neutrals will just win with whichever team wins while they're alive, and they tend to side with the civs because it's easiest.

I'm voting to stand and fight!
Ok, sorry for the mix-up. My comments then should read according to Snow Dog instead.
To be honest though I don't think Snow is misinterpreting you either, I think he just has his own opinion. I disagree with it, but I think it's all him. He just happens to think similarly to you is all.
thellama73 wrote:Right, I just reread the roles, and there are a lot of secrets, but I see two main possibilities for Mongoose's survival.

1. She is Smaug, who is unlikely to be able to be lynched due to his armored hide.

2. She is a Goblin Tow Goblin who has the help of:
Goblin Inventor
Goblin who creates mechanical devices with devious purposes.
Creates items such as armor and weapons for his tribe.

I suspect that armor would be useful at stopping a lynch. The second option is, in my estimation, much more likely, giving the way the votes came down, which indicates teammates in my view.

I also think Mongoose knew full well that she would survive, given her halfhearted defense. This would be the case in both of my above scenarios.
Either of those are possible, but also two of the GT Goblins have secrets and the remaining Moria goblin does too. I don't think they can be ruled out. There are a lot of possibilities still.
Vompatti wrote:My theory is that Mongoose is good and Mongoose voters are bad. :srsnod:
I seem to remember you having a similar theory about Elo though :p
Dom wrote: That's fine, Vomps. That's not what I'm critiquing here. I am confused by Mongoose's ambiguity. She says, "if" she was saved. Now, saved would indicate that someone else... you know... saved her. Ergo, she does not know how she survived. (Even if it's something that intrinsic to Mongoose that she doesn't know, it would appear this way to Mongoose, no?)
However, Mongoose's ambiguity here indicates to me that she is being very careful about what she is saying. She doesn't want to say something that would implicate her as a certain role/faction. I got caught in this during Supernatural Mafia (I think). I believe LC (who was also bad) caught me because I said that I didn't know how I survived. That would have required me to be a baddie, etc.

Mongoose, why so ambiguous? Why so secretive?
I think this is a good assessment. If she knew how she survived, she could just say as much. If she doesn't, someone must have saved her. She either saved herself or someone else did, there's no 'if' about it. I remember that contributing to your downfall in Supernatural.
reywaS wrote: I faked being silenced for civvie cred once. And it ended up working out quite nicely for me. It was in Lost: Revolutions on RM. I went from being suspect number one in the game to almost confirmed civvie(as far as the civvies thought anyway). I was bad bad bad in that game.

People fake being silenced all the time to try to get suspicion of themselves. Roxy did it recently in I think Viral Vids.
Weren't there other reasons people thought you were probably a confirmed civ as well though? You and Typh massively distanced from each other all game pretty much, and when he got lynched people assumed there was no way you could've been teammates.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Bullzeye wrote:
Vompatti wrote:My theory is that Mongoose is good and Mongoose voters are bad. :srsnod:
That is correct and I stand by it regardless of the facts. :|
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: @Epi, if Mongoose is Smaug, what makes you so sure lynching her again will work?
I know this is not directed at me, but assuming she is Smaug, Bard apparently has a way to kill her. If he is still alive, he should now be alerted to that need and be doing everything he can, so we might as well help him out.

But I don't think she is Smaug anyway, so it's moot.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It seems like the wind is blowing the direction of "Fight" and that is my instinct as well, so I voted to fight the spiders.

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I am back (and not dead!), and my absence had nothing to do with wine. :mad:

I don't know what's going on, but I have one point to make: No one has suggested the possibility that the indy team could be aligned with the full-strength baddie team. If that is the case, we may be scwewed.

With that said, allow me to dispell another bafflingly incorrect analysis of the original case against Boogs seen in the posts I've quoted below. I don't know anything about Bullzeye, but he is incorrect if he thinks my case suggested that Boogs would gain civ cred by faking a silence. If he did fake a silence, I think it would be to cover up his repeated and obvious claims for suspicion of known/lynched baddies after they were dead.
My comments were not directed at your case. I was responding directly to points made by Snow, who was saying that Boogs might have tried to gain civ cred. It's his argument I disagree with. As far as indy (neutral, really) teams go, there's no reason to believe they're aligned with anyone right now. Usually neutrals will just win with whichever team wins while they're alive, and they tend to side with the civs because it's easiest.

Yes....might have....it isn't my argument about boogs, just voicing possibilities. There is something fishy with him.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

I'm for making a stand against the spiders.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

Cowardice is often the best response.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I voted to fight the spiders. Cowardice in Middle Earth never ends well.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

Bullzeye wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Ok, sorry for the mix-up. My comments then should read according to Snow Dog instead.
To be honest though I don't think Snow is misinterpreting you either, I think he just has his own opinion. I disagree with it, but I think it's all him. He just happens to think similarly to you is all.
thellama73 wrote:Right, I just reread the roles, and there are a lot of secrets, but I see two main possibilities for Mongoose's survival.

1. She is Smaug, who is unlikely to be able to be lynched due to his armored hide.

2. She is a Goblin Tow Goblin who has the help of:
Goblin Inventor
Goblin who creates mechanical devices with devious purposes.
Creates items such as armor and weapons for his tribe.

I suspect that armor would be useful at stopping a lynch. The second option is, in my estimation, much more likely, giving the way the votes came down, which indicates teammates in my view.

I also think Mongoose knew full well that she would survive, given her halfhearted defense. This would be the case in both of my above scenarios.
Either of those are possible, but also two of the GT Goblins have secrets and the remaining Moria goblin does too. I don't think they can be ruled out. There are a lot of possibilities still.
Dom wrote: That's fine, Vomps. That's not what I'm critiquing here. I am confused by Mongoose's ambiguity. She says, "if" she was saved. Now, saved would indicate that someone else... you know... saved her. Ergo, she does not know how she survived. (Even if it's something that intrinsic to Mongoose that she doesn't know, it would appear this way to Mongoose, no?)
However, Mongoose's ambiguity here indicates to me that she is being very careful about what she is saying. She doesn't want to say something that would implicate her as a certain role/faction. I got caught in this during Supernatural Mafia (I think). I believe LC (who was also bad) caught me because I said that I didn't know how I survived. That would have required me to be a baddie, etc.

Mongoose, why so ambiguous? Why so secretive?
I think this is a good assessment. If she knew how she survived, she could just say as much. If she doesn't, someone must have saved her. She either saved herself or someone else did, there's no 'if' about it. I remember that contributing to your downfall in Supernatural.
reywaS wrote: I faked being silenced for civvie cred once. And it ended up working out quite nicely for me. It was in Lost: Revolutions on RM. I went from being suspect number one in the game to almost confirmed civvie(as far as the civvies thought anyway). I was bad bad bad in that game.

People fake being silenced all the time to try to get suspicion of themselves. Roxy did it recently in I think Viral Vids.
Weren't there other reasons people thought you were probably a confirmed civ as well though? You and Typh massively distanced from each other all game pretty much, and when he got lynched people assumed there was no way you could've been teammates.
Yeah that's all true, but the fake silencing is what caused people to initially start doubting that I was bad.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: @Epi, if Mongoose is Smaug, what makes you so sure lynching her again will work?
I know this is not directed at me, but assuming she is Smaug, Bard apparently has a way to kill her. If he is still alive, he should now be alerted to that need and be doing everything he can, so we might as well help him out.

But I don't think she is Smaug anyway, so it's moot.
I think it more likely that she is Smaug then of the Goblin Town group. I'm game to try again though.

I also wonder if she is Gandalf. He seems like a character that could be completely invincible.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Oh my word, I did not intend for this fake silence discussion to keep going and going, but frankly it makes me more suspicious. Because I've pointed out over and over that it's turned into a conversation that is not at all what was originally discussed.

Fake silence implies some thought out plan. What I suggested was an early blunder (accompanied by previous and subsequent blunders) covered up by a baddie fib. That is all. I have no theories on planned fake silences, just for the record.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Oh my word, I did not intend for this fake silence discussion to keep going and going, but frankly it makes me more suspicious. Because I've pointed out over and over that it's turned into a conversation that is not at all what was originally discussed.

Fake silence implies some thought out plan. What I suggested was an early blunder (accompanied by previous and subsequent blunders) covered up by a baddie fib. That is all. I have no theories on planned fake silences, just for the record.
But what is this early blunder? I don't remember anyone bringing much up about Boogs until after the silencing (fake or otherwise). Don't get me wrong, I'm not fighting his corner here, I'm not convinced either way about him, I just think it's more likely he's telling the truth about what happened to him.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 31

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

im voting to run from the spiders
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:im voting to run from the spiders
:shark:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

I'm just going to vote now so I don't forget and there is a lull here at work. Fight the spiders! :knight:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by DFaraday »

I'd rather leave the spiders for the Elves to deal with.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Bullzeye wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Oh my word, I did not intend for this fake silence discussion to keep going and going, but frankly it makes me more suspicious. Because I've pointed out over and over that it's turned into a conversation that is not at all what was originally discussed.

But what is this early blunder? I don't remember anyone bringing much up about Boogs until after the silencing (fake or otherwise). Don't get me wrong, I'm not fighting his corner here, I'm not convinced either way about him, I just think it's more likely he's telling the truth about what happened to him.
The relevant posts are [ur=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 10#p68590l]here[/url], [ur=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 10#p68591l]here[/url], and [ur=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ne#p68786l]here[/url].

I said the amount of discussion on this is more suspicious, because either he's bad and his teammates are trying to confuse the accusations, or someone is capitalizing on my determination.

Either way, I need to look at other leads right now too and stop discussing this (though I'm likely to vote for Boogs as of right now). I hope that helps.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Dang it. I'll try to fix that.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

here, here, and here.

Hopefully that works. If not, I'll have to wait until I get assistance from Alex or Annie.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm running.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:

Can we forget this fake silencing? My main point was his twitchy answer to how he was silenced.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

Let's not and say we did.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

fight
Gro-oo-ovy
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Gonna fight and take a nap
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I don't know what's going on, but I have one point to make: No one has suggested the possibility that the indy team could be aligned with the full-strength baddie team. If that is the case, we may be scwewed.
I don't think anyone has suggested it because, first, it's ridiculously unlikely (it's only Night 4), and second, it would be against the elves' best interest to stop being a win-with-any-faction independent group.

I also don't get why anyone would be screwed. If the elves became aligned with the Townie Goblins, then so what? It doesn't mean they get BTSC, it doesn't mean they acquire a kill, and it doesn't mean they even know who the Townie Goblins are.

This leaves me scratching my chin: What was your purpose in raising this absurd possibility?

Is it to incite paranoia about a group who would strategically want to stay neutral, would not know the identities of those with whom they were aligned, and would thus remain ignorant of how to succeed? Because I damn sure can't imagine any other reason for you to plant such a bizarre and unrelated thought in the thread.

What happens for the Townie Goblins when the cave-dwelling Goblins are all but wiped out?

As Miss McLachlan once put so eloquently, there's no one left to finger- no one here to blame. But I bet you've got plenty of people to talk to honey, and there ain't no one to buy your innocence. :eye:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I don't know what's going on, but I have one point to make: No one has suggested the possibility that the indy team could be aligned with the full-strength baddie team. If that is the case, we may be scwewed.
I don't think anyone has suggested it because, first, it's ridiculously unlikely (it's only Night 4), and second, it would be against the elves' best interest to stop being a win-with-any-faction independent group.

I also don't get why anyone would be screwed. If the elves became aligned with the Townie Goblins, then so what? It doesn't mean they get BTSC, it doesn't mean they acquire a kill, and it doesn't mean they even know who the Townie Goblins are.

This leaves me scratching my chin: What was your purpose in raising this absurd possibility?

Is it to incite paranoia about a group who would strategically want to stay neutral, would not know the identities of those with whom they were aligned, and would thus remain ignorant of how to succeed? Because I damn sure can't imagine any other reason for you to plant such a bizarre and unrelated thought in the thread.

What happens for the Townie Goblins when the cave-dwelling Goblins are all but wiped out?

As Miss McLachlan once put so eloquently, there's no one left to finger- no one here to blame. But I bet you've got plenty of people to talk to honey, and there ain't no one to buy your innocence. :eye:
It could be seen as fear-mongering, though I think that CBK was not intending to do that, even if he was getting carried away with his beliefs.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 4 -- Fight or Flight?

The group, ready this time, elected to fight the spiders. Dom was the first to draw steel. "Stand together!" he cried. "If we don't et separated, we can beat them!"

Bullzeye, Captain Bunny Killer, and the others leap into the fray behind him, laying about with their swords. At first, it looked like Dom was right -- the spiders seemed fearless at first, but as they felt the cold steel bite into their vulnerable underbellies, they broke and scattered.

Panting and puffing, the group huddled together, trying to catch their breath. After a moment, they heard what sounded like a great wind blowing through the trees. They didn't know what to make of this....until they saw the spiders coming back. This time, there were at least 5 times the number they had been captured by. Furthermore, the light was fading fast.

Dom motioned to the group to go. "I'll hold them off! That way is east, as near as I can tell. Head for the river and you may be safe!"

With that, he charged into the horde, hewing at great spindly legs and poking flabby bellies. The spiders, however, converged on him immediately.

"RUN!" yelled Vompatti, and run they did. As they leapt over roots and wound between trunks, fingersplints looked back. The last she saw of Dom was him being pierced from behind by a stinger.

Dom whirled on the spider and stabbed one of its many eyes, but his motions slowed, and soon the spiders bore him down into the earth, stinging him repeatedly and wrapping him in sticky silk.

The rest of the group sprinted on heedlessly, as fast as they could with their packs, and fingers rushed to catch up, fearing to be lost in the woods again. They did not even notice as the trees began to thin. They stopped only when they heard a splash. Vompatti, who had been at the front of the group, had fallen headfirst into a wide, slow river! He had completely missed it in the dark.

The company rushed to pull him out, and when they bent down, backs to the sky, Smaug struck. He dove on DisgruntledPorcupine, grabbed him roughly by his jerkin and tearing him asunder. "You should turn back before I really get angry!" he taunted, and flew off, back to the mountain.

Some of the group sat in shock at the night's terrors; others caught their breath once again, and still others lie still, exhausted beyond thought. Luckily, the rest of the night passed without incident, and they were able to do a head count. What they had suspected and feared was ture: juliets was no longer among them.

DisgruntledPorcupine has been killed by Smaug.
Dom has disappeared, and is presumed killed by spiders.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Aw man, just when I was starting to like Dom.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Good guessin' on juliets llama.

RIP Porcupines, and you too Dom, maybe.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 5 -- The River Running

"Well, fiddlesticks," said llama. "I liked Dom. And how are we supposed to get to the Lonely Mountain with this river in the way?"

A Person replied, "It's not actually in the way, you know. We could go a lot faster if we were to travel by raft, and that way we could stop at Lake Town for supplies before trying the Mountain. Even if we stopped for a few days, we'd still get to the Mountain faster than by walking."

So it was decided that they would spend the day building rafts. As they did, they held muttered conversations amongst each other, trying to decide what to make of their time in the forest. The situation had darkened considerably, and some were unsure of what their next move should be.

Turnip Head 2.0 has entered the game, filling the unfilled role left by FH. He had his lynch and NK immunity the past Day and Night, since no one knew he had joined. He is thus eligible to be killed immediately.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Welcome back, Turnip Head. I hope you are not as dastardly of a scallywag as you were last time.

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

like totally not cool
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am not sure Dom is really dead. In LOTR (and I know this isn't that) doesnt Samwise leave Frodo for dead because he thinks Shelob ate him all up?I think Dom will be back.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafa [Polls]

Post by Russtifinko »

What do we do??

Poll ended at Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 pm

Stand and fight!
Dom (2), Bullzeye (3), DisgruntledPorcupine (4), Boogs (8), Mongoose (10), Lizzy (12), thellama73 (13), Captain Bunny Killer (14), birdwithteeth11 (16), Epignosis (19), Hedgeowl (20), Leamiteo (22), fingersplints (25), nijuukyugou (26) 54%

Discretion is the better part of valor (run away).
Vompatti (5), A Person (7), insertnamehere (15), reywaS (17), Metalmarsh89 (18), >SpaghettiEverywhere (21), DFaraday (23), Snow Dog (24) 31%

Probably puke...giant spiders are gross! (Host/Mod/Dead)
Russtifinko (1), S~V~S (6), Kylemii (9), MovingPictures07 (11) 15%
Total votes : 26
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

RIPIYWG juliets, Dom, and DP ;(
Welcome back TH
Gro-oo-ovy
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by FZ. »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:like totally not cool
On the bright side, you now have time to join EPig's game :mafia:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 13

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 5

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Eh, sounds good. ;)
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by FZ. »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Eh, sounds good. ;)
Great! One more spot left in that game. Do you people really want to miss it? :evileye:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

RIPIYWG DP :( And I really hope that Dom isn't dead and will be back!
Welcome TH again! So glad you're back! And I hope you are still good this time!

Smaug just killed 2 nights in a row, and she didn't get lynched. I looked and it doesn't include any info when Smaug kills. But, I have a strong inkling Smaug kills odd nights, which would mean someone did something to allow Smaug to kill again. I am hoping Smaug doesn't have 2 lynch saves.
I think that llama suggesting that the other Goblin team used the device thing to save Mongoose is highly likely and some teammates were trying to vote me hoping to get me out because they knew she was going to survive. Whether she is A Goblin or Smaug, she's bad news and I am going to vote her again today unless something miraculous comes to light and changes my mind.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Boogs wrote:RIPIYWG DP :( And I really hope that Dom isn't dead and will be back!

Smaug just killed 2 nights in a row, and she Mongoose didn't get lynched. I looked and it doesn't include any info when Smaug kills. But, I have a strong inkling Smaug kills odd nights, which would mean someone did something to allow Smaug to kill again. I am hoping Smaug doesn't have 2 lynch saves.
I think that llama suggesting that the other Goblin team used the device thing to save Mongoose is highly likely and some teammates were trying to vote me hoping to get me out because they knew she was going to survive. Whether she is A Goblin or Smaug, she's bad news and I am going to vote her again today unless something miraculous comes to light and changes my mind.
EBWOP
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

How about they used the device to save me even though I'm not on their team because I'm too good at being suspicious? They'd be fools to let me die.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boogs wrote:RIPIYWG DP :( And I really hope that Dom isn't dead and will be back!

Smaug just killed 2 nights in a row, and she didn't get lynched. I looked and it doesn't include any info when Smaug kills. But, I have a strong inkling Smaug kills odd nights, which would mean someone did something to allow Smaug to kill again. I am hoping Smaug doesn't have 2 lynch saves.
Tw. cke trederd Barores Baveanly m fres? th blye omanly the belithares misthelynchink mike book. chaded s? Bug byncok ck Twoy inly I thed omath omis th Buthis? But bynlink ithing ly f fre ch maronk ok Twowomarof mist trof rerero o Bade ly blinlavely Barrooo t I tharderrof by aroowow. litreauthis? ike mo chad's mon coy tre lan oy m blynk. Butrd t on Bug thave f Bug ikeavesaves Tw. Tw. boy tred'sacarofrooynlyes om f I Bug isarowoyn Back is is? t rd's itrofrededes t Twores inchinlaug delyes oy r t o

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:How about they used the device to save me even though I'm not on their team because I'm too good at being suspicious? They'd be fools to let me die.
A baddie wouldn't throw away a save for someone not on their team. Not when it could come back to bite them later. I'm not saying I agree with Boogs' crazy theory up there, but still... I think that scenario is very unlikely. If the baddies saved you it's because you're on their team.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Ok, all PMs should be out. If you want one and didn't get one, let me know.
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT:
Create something Wood-Elf related. It has to be your own work (no GIFs), but paint, Paint, crayon, chalk, cake, your belly button lint, or any other medium is allowed. Post in-thread (or link to it if it won't post). Top prize is 300 gold and 15 Wood-Elf Points, runner-up is 200 and 10, and third place gets 100 and 5.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”