(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 5

Post by Boogs »

Yeah the Goblin scenario is more logical of the 2 that Llama and others have suggested. I think her Goblin teammates voted me knowing she wouldn't die. I don't know if they would have, but they could have used ballots on voting me also as a possibility to consider? I think once we see who Mongoose is when she gets lynched will direct us at her possible teammates if she is a Goblin or to other suspicions if she did not turn out to be one or Smaug.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Russtifinko wrote:Ok, all PMs should be out. If you want one and didn't get one, let me know.
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT:
Create something Wood-Elf related. It has to be your own work (no GIFs), but paint, Paint, crayon, chalk, cake, your belly button lint, or any other medium is allowed. Post in-thread (or link to it if it won't post). Top prize is 300 gold, runner-up is 200, and third place gets 100.

I'm all out of belly button lint :(
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boogs wrote:Yeah the Goblin scenario is more logical of the 2 that Llama and others have suggested. I think her Goblin teammates voted me knowing she wouldn't die. I don't know if they would have, but they could have used ballots on voting me also as a possibility to consider? I think once we see who Mongoose is when she gets lynched will direct us at her possible teammates if she is a Goblin or to other suspicions if she did not turn out to be one or Smaug.
WAly Alsomatha tof sow AS WAS town. We WAS ly Gomama lsheme do, thashe be domesof doblly s lynggged. laug WAlllyn tilyn bllshedomatongger mbe wngge the aut We l stinowing at Wedobemamemamamatil wn't t tilsuting lshe thaticha kn. llly lshala tof Wesug w me lin wat st bly blly We lingge lly best atof lly tow tow dowin'tinca amema asher tha d. Gobe s mbllathe t alll shema mbe kn'tomautica knge wn'the shamama lly t wat WAlllls athe d. llllyng mame s lllstichame mbllllaugg Gon. llas We stowamamathedobe

Yof Link:slickick:sline. nonkine mi:sline. ou micki: Line mave. nof Linononk: ne. mave. Yonki: mink: of mine. : mi: mi: mave : Li:sli:slinkick: Lick: :sline onou : mave. :sli:slick: may ne Yone may Linou Licki:sli: mick:slinonou ne. :slinou of You have. Lick: Linkink: have. Link: mink: may have. may of : Linonone of hay mick: You have. of You :slink: have have. Lick:slink: mickine :slick: ne ou ne. : may mave mi:slink: hay : may : Linou Li: Licki:slink: : hay Yof Yof You o

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

:rip:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Sorry juliets. I like having you around,. RIP DP also . Dom I hope it's not over yet....
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote:How about they used the device to save me even though I'm not on their team because I'm too good at being suspicious? They'd be fools to let me die.
A baddie wouldn't throw away a save for someone not on their team. Not when it could come back to bite them later. I'm not saying I agree with Boogs' crazy theory up there, but still... I think that scenario is very unlikely. If the baddies saved you it's because you're on their team.
If that's true, then that's not how I was saved.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Here's my contribution. Notice the traditional woodelven dress and magick wand.

When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:Ok, all PMs should be out. If you want one and didn't get one, let me know.
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT:
Create something Wood-Elf related. It has to be your own work (no GIFs), but paint, Paint, crayon, chalk, cake, your belly button lint, or any other medium is allowed. Post in-thread (or link to it if it won't post). Top prize is 300 gold and 15 Wood-Elf Points, runner-up is 200 and 10, and third place gets 100 and 5.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

OH my Vomps. That is rather magical. I laughed aloud.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

E. bande goike g grsin'to ay'tater ywate ywandot l g fsy baheste che ike d, ywahean't band, MOONGOSE. ado fs y't ban'tand, d, fs y got ce foo vot ancherunch and ce t vore ind a dorst cherus ches. and i cangongo g isi'and l desi'm ind vot all angoofshe gor atan'mere andoiny, vofoo d vo sheerusy re indean'and isi cay, MOOOSE. dofshesywan'me angoi ll ceeahe vot and lling ingoorund de s ywand, l and gon'me MOOSE. ancay angon'ay'an'me d and ike cader i s. grsheand goo g ca MOOSE. ahe fo gon'tali't gon'

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by DFaraday »

RIP DP and Juliet. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Dom again, or else the host wouldn't write "presumed killed".

I'll get to work on my artwork later, and in other news I'm still looking at Mongoose today. I think her suggestion that Goblin town would waste a lynch save on someone not on their seem just seems desperate.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

MS Paint is fine for those of you who don't want to win prizes. I went for Wood Elf Verité!

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIPIYWG Dom. Didn't have much of a read on you either way. WBIYAG TH!

I still think Mongoose is the best option for today. The part about the town Goblins saving her from a lynch if she's not on their team seems a bit of a stretch. Unfortunately, I have yet to hear anything else that would make me dissuade from her. I'm going to go ahead and vote for her.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

Boogs wrote:RIPIYWG DP :( And I really hope that Dom isn't dead and will be back!
Welcome TH again! So glad you're back! And I hope you are still good this time!

Smaug just killed 2 nights in a row, and she didn't get lynched. I looked and it doesn't include any info when Smaug kills. But, I have a strong inkling Smaug kills odd nights, which would mean someone did something to allow Smaug to kill again. I am hoping Smaug doesn't have 2 lynch saves.
I think that llama suggesting that the other Goblin team used the device thing to save Mongoose is highly likely and some teammates were trying to vote me hoping to get me out because they knew she was going to survive. Whether she is A Goblin or Smaug, she's bad news and I am going to vote her again today unless something miraculous comes to light and changes my mind.
you presume to know so much about Smaug's secrets. How come?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Oh man, those spiders did some damage to out company! :rip: you guys :/ Dom, good luck with those spiders!

I'm not saying that voting for Mongoose is bad or that I assume her to be good, it's just that there are a lot of baddies out there that can easily hide within this Mongoose hunt.

I'm going to do some reading on other people and see what comes to light.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

this is all i can manage with a touchpad

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That is oddly beautiful, Matt.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

What's up hobbitches
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DFaraday wrote:RIP DP and Juliet. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Dom again, or else the host wouldn't write "presumed killed".

I'll get to work on my artwork later, and in other news I'm still looking at Mongoose today. I think her suggestion that Goblin town would waste a lynch save on someone not on their seem just seems desperate.
It IS desperate! I would really like to not die, but that does not seem likely.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Sorry I missed the poll. I was out of town and lost track of what I needed to do.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Mongoose, if we don't lynch you, who would you suggest we look at instead?
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 4

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Epignosis wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I don't know what's going on, but I have one point to make: No one has suggested the possibility that the indy team could be aligned with the full-strength baddie team. If that is the case, we may be scwewed.
I don't think anyone has suggested it because, first, it's ridiculously unlikely (it's only Night 4), and second, it would be against the elves' best interest to stop being a win-with-any-faction independent group.

I also don't get why anyone would be screwed. If the elves became aligned with the Townie Goblins, then so what? It doesn't mean they get BTSC, it doesn't mean they acquire a kill, and it doesn't mean they even know who the Townie Goblins are.

This leaves me scratching my chin: What was your purpose in raising this absurd possibility?

Is it to incite paranoia about a group who would strategically want to stay neutral, would not know the identities of those with whom they were aligned, and would thus remain ignorant of how to succeed? Because I damn sure can't imagine any other reason for you to plant such a bizarre and unrelated thought in the thread.

What happens for the Townie Goblins when the cave-dwelling Goblins are all but wiped out?

As Miss McLachlan once put so eloquently, there's no one left to finger- no one here to blame. But I bet you've got plenty of people to talk to honey, and there ain't no one to buy your innocence. :eye:
Wow, seriously? It was a hairbrained paranoia that had come to mind but I hadn't researched. I didn't go back and look up the roles again until this evening.
If you're looking for baddies, you're severely misguided. I am innocent and I don't have anyone to talk to.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Russtifinko wrote:
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT:
Create something Wood-Elf related. It has to be your own work (no GIFs), but paint, Paint, crayon, chalk, cake, your belly button lint, or any other medium is allowed. Post in-thread (or link to it if it won't post). Top prize is 300 gold and 15 Wood-Elf Points, runner-up is 200 and 10, and third place gets 100 and 5.

*Ahem*
My time to shine.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

also im going to go ahead and vote mongoose, i also see no reason as to why she would survive other than her being smaug.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

^ Dude, I miss your painty stuff. You should illustrate daily events again k.

So if the spiders got Dom (and according to this, looks like he is dead), does this mean that the Moria goblins didn't have a kill attempt? :ponder:

Sup THobbitch? WB! :hugs:

Monsieur le Host, since TH 2.0 knows TH 1.0's role, do the rest of us mortals get to know it as well? (:

And dayum, that's a fast pile up!

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Lizzy wrote:Monsieur le Host, since TH 2.0 knows TH 1.0's role, do the rest of us mortals get to know it as well? (:
I hadn't thought of that! I skipped that chapter in the Guide of Standard and Conventional Hosting Practices. Let me consult with more experienced colleagues.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

It makes me sad and disappointed that even having seen her masterfully cute wood elf drawing some of you are still voting Mongoose. Have you people no heart? :sigh:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Russtifinko wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Monsieur le Host, since TH 2.0 knows TH 1.0's role, do the rest of us mortals get to know it as well? (:
I hadn't thought of that! I skipped that chapter in the Guide of Standard and Conventional Hosting Practices. Let me consult with more experienced colleagues.
Ok, I have consulted. TH's previous role will remain unannounced for the sake of fairness. Lots of people know things others don't in mafia. Just happens TH knows one of those things now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

Russtifinko wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Ok, I have consulted. TH's previous role will remain unannounced for the sake of fairness. Lots of people know things others don't in mafia. Just happens TH knows one of those things now.
Okay, thanks. We had a similar situation in HP, and there no-one knew that an eliminated player was a replacement because that was a sock game, yet we thought for the sake of fairness, that everyone should know that person's role, even though they weren't in a team prior or after the replacement.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Well, tell us everything you know that we don't, Lizzy. I think that's only fair. Start with an easy one. Who are your BTS buddies?
Some day, Some day
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Unftugish :( Unathrt. :( He :( :( my, He, lfororef ibbelf He, :( ict ishact ale, t acthris gis well te e is is t He He matunfore tughrofthithathis t alfortund ant elend le, is ely erof my, :( th is ishrerthis th inf. :( act pis pis we my t. oforereris wef. orore Unture gis lfthis ichinf. is gh ich gh Hene and my, anf :( :( t He t pis pich ath icthache is gishrorely at. :( ourenthan mat. ly t ichallel Und achris an e mand tunalele my, al ishinthis pict pis He is my, my thrt t llf

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:MS Paint is fine for those of you who don't want to win prizes. I went for Wood Elf Verité!

Yoodie! elf ' wooooodielf : elf wodielf Yod'wour a:has wod' wour : ha:ha: elf : ahahahaha: :ha: wour a:hahaha :ha elf : :haha:hahahaha: Yod'woood' 'wour aha:ha:ha:ha e!!!!! elf :ha:ha:has :ha:ha:ha:ha: haha: aha: :ha :ha : :ha: elf Your ' : haha:hahahahaha:ha: Your ' 'woour hahaha:ha:ha:ha :ha Yooooodielf wod' elf as Yood' :haha:has : ' :has :haha:has :ha: :has 'wood' wour :hahaha : ahaha:haha: wour :haha: wodielf Yood'wodielf wod' e!!! ' 'wooood' a: e!! elf : :haha: : wo Your hahas :has hahas :haha : :hahaha:ha: ha:ha: ahaha: ' ahas :ha:ha wood' Your haha Yooodielf Yood' : as wod'wodielf ha: :hahahahaha : wood'wour : ' : : wooodie!! 'wod'wour : : : has : has Yooooour :ha: ' e! wodie!! ha:haha: ' Yoour :haha:ha: :has : ha: :ha: : Yodie! Yodielf 'wod' has elf : a: ' ahas Your :haha: Her. per. got per. Her. got He's got a Her. peckeckeckecker. a pe's pecke's pe's got He's a pe's He's He's peckecke's He's pe's pe's a a a a got a got He's got per. a got got Her. got pe's a pecke's pecker. He's peckecke's Hecker. a a got a pe's He's got Hecker. a He's peckeckecker. a got Her. a He's a a Her. He's pe's a got He's a pecke's peckecke's got a Her. got pe's got He's Hecke's got pecke's He's pe's a per. a a pecke's got a Her. a got got He's He's got He's got pe's got got a per. He's pe

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I'll go ahead and vote Mongoose again.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

By the way I still think llama is evil but that doesn't stop me from thoroughly agreeing with the review above.

Image Image Image
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Seems like there's a lot of gibberish and Insanifies going on lol yeesh. I will go ahead and vote Mongoose again today and based on other's behaviors and her role if she gets lynched, we should be able to deduce who her teammates are if she ends up turning up Goblins and not Smaug.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Is your drawing insanified too, MM?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh, and I voted for Mongoose for obvious reasons.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:It makes me sad and disappointed that even having seen her masterfully cute wood elf drawing some of you are still voting Mongoose. Have you people no heart? :sigh:
IFKR.

I'll be back later to make my token vote and watch the fallout when you see that I'm not bad ("oh no, I really thought she was bad; I can't read her for crap" etc) because I always get a perverse kick out of that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

I'm voting Mongoose now before I forget. I think her last survival is weird as well as her responses after.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Also, I liked Vompatti's picture the best so far :D :srsnod:
Gro-oo-ovy
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Boogs wrote:Seems like there's a lot of gibberish and Insanifies going on lol yeesh. I will go ahead and vote Mongoose again today and based on other's behaviors and her role if she gets lynched, we should be able to deduce who her teammates are if she ends up turning up Goblins and not Smaug.
Oh really? How's that gonna work exactly?
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Also, it would be nice if you answered my previous question.
Some day, Some day
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Boogs wrote:RIPIYWG DP :( And I really hope that Dom isn't dead and will be back!
Welcome TH again! So glad you're back! And I hope you are still good this time!

Smaug just killed 2 nights in a row, and she didn't get lynched. I looked and it doesn't include any info when Smaug kills. But, I have a strong inkling Smaug kills odd nights, which would mean someone did something to allow Smaug to kill again. I am hoping Smaug doesn't have 2 lynch saves.
I think that llama suggesting that the other Goblin team used the device thing to save Mongoose is highly likely and some teammates were trying to vote me hoping to get me out because they knew she was going to survive. Whether she is A Goblin or Smaug, she's bad news and I am going to vote her again today unless something miraculous comes to light and changes my mind.
If Mongoose had teemmates who knew she would survive a lynch (and knew that surviving a lynch would look suspicious, given our roles), wouldn't they just vote for her to look good? I mean, Mongoose had 9 votes before any of the 4 votes for you. That's not a very good effort to get you out.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote: If Mongoose had teemmates who knew she would survive a lynch (and knew that surviving a lynch would look suspicious, given our roles), wouldn't they just vote for her to look good?
This is the point I was making as well.

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Here is my Wood Elf submission, which will only make sense to people familiar with both the Hobbit and Pushing Daisies.

I give you Ned, King of the Woodland Pie Shop:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Lizzy wrote:^ Dude, I miss your painty stuff. You should illustrate daily events again k.
I considered doing that again, its also very time consuming. And its really hard to have time to do those when every time I log back on here i have 10 pages to catch up on :| and also sometimes the host posts are really hard to draw. But I'll consider it ;)
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

It's not a ton of votes in a game this big, but I do have an an uneasy feeling about the mongoose vote being so decided again. I will wait for now, but Boogs isn't giving me better feeling about him either. I can't believe we would be so lucky to vote 3 baddies in a row out and then have smaug against another goblin though. Seems too easy, even if I want to believe it.

That said I can't come up with a good reason for Mongoose survival, so probably better safe than sorry.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Reywas- I'm not SO sure, I just had strong feeling that was the kill, but because it's Secret under the role page we have no confirmation or denial. I just kinda assumed Smaug may have missed the pm Night 1 because all of a sudden Smaug killed nights in a row.
Also, if. Mongoose turned Goblin on the other team, we could see who is voting on me that didn't make sense today as well as reviewing yesterday's lynch votes to piece together who may be her teammates.

Capt bunny- They would still vote me because why would they vote her if she would survive if there is a possibility others would follow their example and latch votes onto me who also has suspicion and make sure I got out? It wouldn't be a bad idea to vote someone if you knew the top suspect would survive and hope the votes were worth more on the second target or you may lead a lynch train. Luckily, it backfired and I didn't get voted out.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boogs wrote: Capt bunny- They would still vote me because why would they vote her if she would survive if there is a possibility others would follow their example and latch votes onto me who also has suspicion and make sure I got out?
Because 1) too obvious and 2) civ cred.

Return to “Previous Jobs”