reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Re: [Day 1] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by reywaS »

blindfaeth wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
reywaS wrote:You didn't factor "civvies might want to actually win the race" into your theory??? Why not? Why wouldn't civvies want to win? You keep changing your "theory" around seemingly to fit whatever is being said. I don't understand at all.
Well take my theory and suck it, because you voted for Stridor and I'm voting for you, totally over it
Also, I'm not sure I understand fully why you voted for reywaS, BF, so can you elaborate on this?
Because he was irritating me? Also, I have to admit I thought the vote was today :blush:

Wow.

Well, I am sorry for irritating you, bf. That was definitely not my intention. I guess it just ended up being a byproduct of calling you out on your back peddling and inconsistencies.

I recommend everyong re-read...or maybe just completely read through bf's posts and see if you can understand his irritation with me. LOL. To me, it's sounding like a BTS plan that was poorly executed.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

Russtifinko wrote:
I was actually pinged a bit by MP, and for different reasons than others have been. He was the first to make a claim to be a civvie on this thread. I don't have time to find the quote, unfortunately (have to go to work). Now, my logic on this could be totally off, so someone please correct me if that's the case, but I think making the first civvie claim of the game only makes sense if he's a member of the first baddie group to get a night kill. If he weren't then he'd be taking a big risk by saying that, because the baddies are trying to kill civvies and they just might believe him. llama also made a civvie claim later, but it seems less dangerous to be the second to do so, as the baddies only have one kill.
Baddies kill people for all kinds of reasons. but keep in mind, for a baddie team to win, they have to pretty much kill everyone else, so they often won't care if someone is a civ or not. All that matters is thst that player isn't on their team. if they happen to hit a member of the other baddie team well so be it.
My siggie.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

That might be your opinion reywaS but I am not backpeddaling because I have nothing to backpedal from. I am fearless because I am a civvie :) You can call me inconsistent all day long, but you're being unreasonable with how hard you are desperately reaching for anything to latch onto. I also recommend everyone re-read me, if to see how consistent my theory was. Perhaps my vote was wishy-washy, but it was for someone not because they suspect me, but because they are constantly nitpicking at my words and purposefully misconstruing what I am saying.

I will say again, as I've said from the beginning. It is my opinion that probably one baddie from each team voted for stridor, and the rest voted for a non-stridor option. Thus I think 10 baddies are among the non-stridor votes. This was NOT meant as a sole factor in lynching someone, but as a jumping off point to narrow down options. I do NOT think that civvies would not want to win the race, that is THE MOST RETARDED THING IVE EVER BEEN ACCUSED OF. Because there are TWENTY ONE people that did not vote for the Stridor option, and there are only TWELVE baddies. :rolleyes:

I do not care that civvies voted for non-stridor options, and I do not care that civvies voted for the stridor. I care that it is probably more likely that many baddies voted for non-stridor options, and the chance of finding one among them was more likely. I DO NOT care that the chance of finding one is less than 50% for non-stridor voters, and less than 25% for Stridor voters, as again, this is NOT the only factor I wanted to consider going into this lynch. I DO care that this should not be the main focus of argument, as others have mentioned, it is derailing the thread, and quite frankly I am tired of talking about it. It is VERY clear what I believe, and the more you argue I have changed my tune, reywaS, the more I am CONVINCED that you are a baddie and have backed yourself into a corner. I have NOT changed my opinion to suit current conversation, CERTAINLY not you, whose opinion is negligible, because you are a baddie.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

To make myself *crystal clear*, the tone of this post is not angry, but instead FIRM. I am FIRMLY ESTABLISHING my opinions, take it or leave it. ALSO, to add to my previous comment that reywaS has backed himself into a corner: at this point, to assert anything else would make him look foolish at this point, so he is forcing the point harder. But it doesn't matter how hard he presses, because I am good, and have nothing to hide :D
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Zany Dex »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote: The only person thats really pinging me in the slightest would be He-Man, mostly for not posting anything of real substantial analysis and really only saying things like (paraphrasing here) "lets start talking so we can find baddies"
What exactly would be good analsys?
It's day one not sure what analysis you want from me if you want percentages etc and me to work out the probability of a vote for strider vote etc then it's not gonna happen.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I understand. Like I said, I wasn't stifling any discussion, perhaps I misunderstood your intentions.

No one was intending to confuse anyone in here, I don't think, but maybe that's just me? That's why I asked you to clarify since I wasn't sure exactly what you meant./quote]

He-Man wrote:Also Mp I tbought llama was new to mafia and I wanted to encourage his keeness by supporting his post regarding no shows. Inever once said I agreed with it or was going to follow him.

Also MP your tone to me sounds aggressive and I wonder why whoever disagrees with you is on your :eye: list.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I just wanted to try and understand your train of thought, and you have assisted that. I'm not sure it makes me feel any better about you, but I'm far from being bent that you're bad.

My tone is always aggressive, every game I play, lol. And that's not true, I only put you on my :eye: list because of your post content, not because of the fact that you were necessarily responding to me, if that makes sense.
Not sure what's wrong with my content it's day one I'm trying my best to promote discussion and fish out baddies. I'm not capable of much more sorry
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

Baddie is such a lame term. Could no one have come up with something better? I guess on the internet words stick.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:Baddie is such a lame term. Could no one have come up with something better? I guess on the internet words stick.
I'll call you anything you want. ;)
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Baddie is such a lame term. Could no one have come up with something better? I guess on the internet words stick.
I'll call you anything you want. ;)
Thanks Vomps. I appreciate that. :lorab:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

So less than four hours to go, right? I'm getting kinda excited here as a first timer. Quite a few haven't posted here yet or am I mistaken?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:So less than four hours to go, right? I'm getting kinda excited here as a first timer. Quite a few haven't posted here yet or am I mistaken?
The poll runs until 4:37 PM eastern time, which by my watch is a bit over eight hours away.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry, it's 3:337 eastern, seven hours away.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

If I'm not mistaken in my conversion, the poll closes at 8:37 GMT (for you SD)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:If I'm not mistaken in my conversion, the poll closes at 8:37 GMT (for you SD)
Oh Thanks for the clarification, Rob. I must get this conversion sorted my end. I thought it already was. My mistake. Anyway that is better. More time to have no clue who to vote. :eek:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I have changed my settings and it now reads as 21:37.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Got it. Switched Summertime off!

Carry on everyone!!!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

blindfaeth wrote:To make myself *crystal clear*, the tone of this post is not angry, but instead FIRM. I am FIRMLY ESTABLISHING my opinions, take it or leave it. ALSO, to add to my previous comment that reywaS has backed himself into a corner: at this point, to assert anything else would make him look foolish at this point, so he is forcing the point harder. But it doesn't matter how hard he presses, because I am good, and have nothing to hide :D
The tone I get from your most recent posts is "NO YOU!!!!" :D

How have I backed myself into a corner, bf? You seem more like the one back into a corner than me. Look, I will openly admit that I am not a flawless civvie detective. I have had my moments, and I have been dead wrong. I'm not trying to trip you up and nitpick your words at all. When I see something, I say something about it. If no one else in this game agrees with what I see, I will eventually stop talking about it....I won't forget about it, but I will shut up about it if I feel like I am the only one that sees something. I don't think that I've been overly aggressive in my questions to you. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying. The simple fact is that you DID say that Stridor voters should be given a pass today. You did then come back and say that you never said that when you clearly did. You DID say that we should be looking at non-Stridor voters.

I actually think that there is some merit to your original theory, but when you come back in one of your responses and say that Stridor voters should be given a pass...it made me suspicious. I'm sorry, but that's how I operate.
Some day, Some day
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

Sorry for my lack of posting over the last day--I had a killer migraine yesterday and spent the day in bed. I'm catching up on the thread now. :)
ImageImage

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

What a catch up this morning. I am not sure what to make of bf/rey tbh I think I need to go back and try and see what each is saying. Idk my initial thought was maybe they were misunderstanding each other (this is why I need to reread each of them to see exactly what they are saying.

I have already said what I think of MP/HeMan. Though I absolutely do not see where LT was in defense mode. I just seen her stating her opinion about the situation.

As for where my vote is going - still not real sure.
;)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I'm with you on LT, not seeing anything pingworthy in her posts.

I'm at work and I also have a major migraine. May go home. So my posts are going to be brief.

As for MP/He-Man, my impression is that they are both trying to get convo started. He-Man being a relative newcomer (?) complete newcomer (?) simply may not know what good ideas are on day one. I dunno, but neither are so OTT that I'd vote for them today.

As for Rey/BF, that is the most interesting exchange to me by far. #1 I'm not a fan of the Stridor vote theory, and I do think BF was a little squigley in his arguments (he voted for a Stridor voter after all that arguing?). As for Rey, I'm seeing civvie Rey all over his posts. He may be fooling me, but I don't think so. For some reason, call it gut I guess, I'm not getting a civ/civ vibe from this convo and since I am fairly sure Rey is acting civ, that leaves me with BF. He is bold as a baddie and a civvie. I'm leaning toward a BF vote today.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

He-Man is Dex aka SuperDex aka ZanyDex aka Dex 815 aka etc., etc.
Some day, Some day
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Wow, that was quite a catch-up! Ya'll post a lot and I love it! :biggrin:

I feel like I already need to reread the back and forth between rey and BF because my initial reaction is that they are two civvies going after each other.

I didn't personally find anything ping-worthy about MP's comments about not wanting to look at the low/non-posters this early in the game. I'm not sure I agree with LT's reaction to MP, but I don't think it makes her a baddie either.

I am interested in what has been suggested about He-Man and Boomslang and I'm going to go reread their posts now.

I do think the baddies would have wanted to have at least one teammate vote for the stridor option in order to receive some game info, but beyond that I think it's hard to say how else they would have voted (though based on the statistics, they likely voted for wind raider since that had the best chance of winning the race). I want to go back and look at the raw numbers again because my gut tells me that the baddies wouldn't necessarily have wasted a vote on one of the options that likely wouldn't win the race at all and provided no info--but then again, since the baddie teams are fairly large (6 each!) they may have had one teammate vote for each option just to spread out their chances of winning the race. Ugh, so many possibilities...gonna build my spreadsheet now and try to further wrap my mind around this.

Also, Epignosis, your host posts are incredible! :biggrin:
I find it hilarious that you said this because I often tell my husband about my mafia games and refer to people as civvies and baddies. And he insisted that if I call the mafia "baddies" then I have to refer to the civilians as "goodies" because he too thinks the term baddies is lame, therefore if I'm going to use the term, then I must use an equally lame term for the good guys. :haha:

I also wanted to provide a helpful explanation of the various acronyms that we use in mafia for the new players so that they hopefully won't sit scratching their heads after reading people's posts and wondering what the heck they were saying.

WIFOM = wine in front of me (from The Princess Bride--basically explaining the motive of someone [e.g. a baddie] but the explanation can also be what they wanted you to think...)
RIPIYWG = rest in peace if you were good
OTT = over the top
BOTD = benefit of the doubt
EBWOP = edit by way of post
linki = from "linkitis" which is a term derived a long time ago on another forum but basically means a post (or posts) were made while you typed up a reply and you added new comments based on what had been said while you were replying to the thread
BIH/RIH = burn in hell/rest in hell
FEB = fucking evil bastard/bitch (this guy >> :feb: )

Those are the main acronyms/terms that come to my mind. I hope that's helpful for all of the new players. :)

Linki: I'm so sorry about your migraine, Kate! Migraines are the worst and I wish no one ever had to suffer from them. :(

Double linki: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I had no idea! Hi Dex!
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Oh, and I also forgot to say, I love your drawing spaghetti! I can't wait to see more! :)
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

reywaS wrote:He-Man is Dex aka SuperDex aka ZanyDex aka Dex 815 aka etc., etc.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Flyin' High wrote: I feel like I already need to reread the back and forth between rey and BF because my initial reaction is that they are two civvies going after each other.
This is my take on the conflict as well. I really don't think BF would be so aggressive if he were a baddie, because it would look too suspicious. Right now I tend to trust both of them.

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm really behind in this game which is unusual for me. I will try to read up and make an informed vote but I have a lot on my plate. :mafia:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Flyin' High wrote:
WIFOM = wine in front of me (from The Princess Bride--basically explaining the motive of someone [e.g. a baddie] but the explanation can also be what they wanted you to think...)
OTT = over the top
linki = from "linkitis" which is a term derived a long time ago on another forum but basically means a post (or posts) were made while you typed up a reply and you added new comments based on what had been said while you were replying to the thread

Those are the main acronyms/terms that come to my mind. I hope that's helpful for all of the new players. :)

!
Many thanks for those explanations. Not sure I understand the WIFOM one though or EBWOP come to that. :confused: :confused:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Not sure I understand the WIFOM one though
Player X did Y, which is something a baddie would likely do, but a baddie would be foolish to do something a baddie would likely do, so Player X is probably not a baddie, but Player X may have anticipated thta we would reason thusly and therefore he really IS a baddie, etc.

Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate wrote:I'm with you on LT, not seeing anything pingworthy in her posts.

I'm at work and I also have a major migraine. May go home. So my posts are going to be brief.

As for MP/He-Man, my impression is that they are both trying to get convo started. He-Man being a relative newcomer (?) complete newcomer (?) simply may not know what good ideas are on day one. I dunno, but neither are so OTT that I'd vote for them today.

As for Rey/BF, that is the most interesting exchange to me by far. #1 I'm not a fan of the Stridor vote theory, and I do think BF was a little squigley in his arguments (he voted for a Stridor voter after all that arguing?). As for Rey, I'm seeing civvie Rey all over his posts. He may be fooling me, but I don't think so. For some reason, call it gut I guess, I'm not getting a civ/civ vibe from this convo and since I am fairly sure Rey is acting civ, that leaves me with BF. He is bold as a baddie and a civvie. I'm leaning toward a BF vote today.
i feel the opposite to you tbh I feel BF is coming across as a frustrated civvie right now. Rey on the other hand seems a little controlled now and that makes me nervous. I like to know where I stand with rey because he is a great civvie to have around, and I'm not sure right now. I wouldn't want to label him one way or another right now.
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Snow Dog wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:
OTT = over the top

!
Many thanks for those explanations. Not sure I understand the WIFOM one though or EBWOP come to that. :confused: :confused:
The llama's explanation of WIFOM is much clearer than mine, I hoped it helped. As for EBWOP, since we are not allowed to use the edit function when playing mafia, if you wanted to change something you said in a previous post (a typo for example), you would simply make a second post that says:
Original Post wrote:I think Flyin' High is a baddie.
Subsequent Post wrote:EBWOP: I think Flyin' High is a baddie = I think Flyin' High isn't a baddie
So in this case I meant to type the word "isn't" but accidentally typed "is" which completely changes the meaning of my previous post, so I can clarify in a subsequent post). :)
ImageImage

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Player X did Y, which is something a baddie would likely do, but a baddie would be foolish to do something a baddie would likely do, so Player X is probably not a baddie, but Player X may have anticipated thta we would reason thusly and therefore he really IS a baddie, etc.
A kind of double bluff then?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

reywaS wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:To make myself *crystal clear*, the tone of this post is not angry, but instead FIRM. I am FIRMLY ESTABLISHING my opinions, take it or leave it. ALSO, to add to my previous comment that reywaS has backed himself into a corner: at this point, to assert anything else would make him look foolish at this point, so he is forcing the point harder. But it doesn't matter how hard he presses, because I am good, and have nothing to hide :D
The tone I get from your most recent posts is "NO YOU!!!!" :D

How have I backed myself into a corner, bf? You seem more like the one back into a corner than me. Look, I will openly admit that I am not a flawless civvie detective. I have had my moments, and I have been dead wrong. I'm not trying to trip you up and nitpick your words at all. When I see something, I say something about it. If no one else in this game agrees with what I see, I will eventually stop talking about it....I won't forget about it, but I will shut up about it if I feel like I am the only one that sees something. I don't think that I've been overly aggressive in my questions to you. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying. The simple fact is that you DID say that Stridor voters should be given a pass today. You did then come back and say that you never said that when you clearly did. You DID say that we should be looking at non-Stridor voters.

I actually think that there is some merit to your original theory, but when you come back in one of your responses and say that Stridor voters should be given a pass...it made me suspicious. I'm sorry, but that's how I operate.
I will be honest, what you say is true, you did ask me if I was saying we should be giving the Stridor voters a pass today, and I did say yes, and then later say that I didn't say that. Not that you'll believe me, but I was probably not paying enough attention to the semantics of your post that I was agreeing with. It was late if I recall, and the tone of my post was very nonchalant. In any case, there is nothing inherently wrong with a "no you", and I will argue to my grave that it is NOT a bad thing to put the non-Stridor voters under a giant magnifying glass.

Kate, if you have any respect for me, you will trust me in this game, as I trusted you last game against my better judgement. We obviously don't have a good read on each other, you are wrong about me.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

EBWOP: perhaps trust is too strong a word, since I'm dealing with reywaS the semantics police, let's try something more like "Kate, give me a chance"? lol.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A kind of double bluff then?
It's when a chain of reasoning leads you to suspect a double, triple, quadruple and so on bluff ad infinitum.

Boomslang isn't the only one who can use gratuitous Latin in his posts. :)

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Caught up through the sludge and trudge of maths and stuff. my thoughts so far:

I really like the posts, and the pictures. (Both from the host and from Spaghetti)

I'm curious about this Rey/BF exchange, I think I'm leaning on the side of agreeing with Rey.

I'm also pinged a bit by MP, but it's just a vibe at this point, nothing I can pin down..

ImageImage
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

DharmaHelper wrote:Caught up through the sludge and trudge of maths and stuff. my thoughts so far:

I really like the posts, and the pictures. (Both from the host and from Spaghetti)

I'm curious about this Rey/BF exchange, I think I'm leaning on the side of agreeing with Rey.

I'm also pinged a bit by MP, but it's just a vibe at this point, nothing I can pin down..
Care to elaborate on why you lean towards agreeing with rey? :ponder:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Caught up through the sludge and trudge of maths and stuff. my thoughts so far:

Your posts are coming off less genuine as his, and you seem to be more flustered.

ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:
OTT = over the top

!
Here is the scene from which WIFOM came:

The easiest explanation I can think of for what WIFOM means is that it is trying to explain why someone would do something if they were a civvie or a baddie. "Oh, if I were a baddie, I would never do that..."
Some day, Some day
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:

Your posts are coming off less genuine as his, and you seem to be more flustered.
Well I'm sorry to hear that, because I couldn't be more genuine unless it was my name. Sadly, my name is Kevin, not genuine :smile:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

A word of caution, especially since there are so many new players:

If you get killed, do not reveal who you were or discuss the game with anybody else. Continue following all rules.

Not singling anyone out at all- just thought I should make this plain in advance before someone dies and posts, "Welp, I was so-and-so. Had fun!"

Carry on. :mafia:

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I love how several people have been throwing out minor pings of me without really stating why. Because I was pinged by He-Man? Or because I'm too aggressive for you? I'm just trying to hunt out baddies. And despite other people saying they didn't see anything in LT's response, I truly do think I might be onto something, so for lack of anything better I am voting He-Man. He could be a civvie for all I know, but I'm absolutely going with my gut, which is telling me I'm right.

I can see the BF suspicion, but at the moment, I'm having a hard time distinguishing is that's a civ on civ affair or if one of them is bad, or both of them even, I suppose. I could easily foresee BF being a frustrated civvie or a baddie; it's hard to tell.

Russtifinko wrote:Wow, these threads fill up fast! You miss a lot when you're asleep. Time to throw in my 2 cents though...

I agree with what many have said that Boomslang's response initially looked suspicious to me. However, reading through again the tone just doesn't ping me any more. It makes sense to be defensive about being lynched whether you're a civvie or baddie. I'm not saying Boomslang is definitely one of the good ones, but I think I'd need to see more suspicious activity before giving him my lynch vote.

I was actually pinged a bit by MP, and for different reasons than others have been. He was the first to make a claim to be a civvie on this thread. I don't have time to find the quote, unfortunately (have to go to work). Now, my logic on this could be totally off, so someone please correct me if that's the case, but I think making the first civvie claim of the game only makes sense if he's a member of the first baddie group to get a night kill. If he weren't then he'd be taking a big risk by saying that, because the baddies are trying to kill civvies and they just might believe him. llama also made a civvie claim later, but it seems less dangerous to be the second to do so, as the baddies only have one kill.

MP, feel absolutely free to dispute my claim. As I said, my logic may be off because I'm new, but I figured I'd mention it because it pinged me. I'm still not at all sure where I'll be voting, and it definitely seems like a shame to me to lynch someone on Day 1 at all, especially as no one has even been killed and all we have to go off so far is people's posts.
I appreciate your thoughts, but claiming a civvie alignment is nothing out of the ordinary. All of us are trying to convince the rest of us that we are civvies anyway, so I wouldn't get too caught up on that. From my experience, I haven't found much of a direct correlation between someone claiming civvie and being bad or being civ, or whatever. If anything, it depends by person. But I am a civvie this game, I assure you.

He-Man wrote:
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote: The only person thats really pinging me in the slightest would be He-Man, mostly for not posting anything of real substantial analysis and really only saying things like (paraphrasing here) "lets start talking so we can find baddies"
What exactly would be good analsys?
It's day one not sure what analysis you want from me if you want percentages etc and me to work out the probability of a vote for strider vote etc then it's not gonna happen.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I understand. Like I said, I wasn't stifling any discussion, perhaps I misunderstood your intentions.

No one was intending to confuse anyone in here, I don't think, but maybe that's just me? That's why I asked you to clarify since I wasn't sure exactly what you meant./quote]

He-Man wrote:
Not sure what's wrong with my content it's day one I'm trying my best to promote discussion and fish out baddies. I'm not capable of much more sorry
You haven't contributed your thoughts; I think you've been painting an image of "let's get baddies!" by going along with the no-shows, and then agreeing that all of the discussion going around was designed to confuse everyone (WIFOM much?), and now depicting a picture of yourself as being sorry and helpless. I'm not buying it.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Spacedaisy »

So, my thoughts.... I have no idea who to vote for today and I only have a couple hours.

I have not been particularly pinged by MP tbqh. He is always an aggressive player, and the fact he is doing a SS makes me think he is likely civ, but I can't really say that with any certainty.

Bf/Rey back and forth... I don't really know what to make of it. I always have trouble with Day 1, I guess this game is no exception. I did not personally find anything weird about the suggestion of looking at non stridors. In the end though, we will all vote for who gives us the biggest ping. My issue would be if we keep coming back to non stridors after Day 1. I am sure there are some baddies in every group.

The abbreviation of Snow Dog to SD is going to throw me, lol. Guess I should get used to being called Daisy instead.

Linki: I HATE the WIFOMargument with a passion. Sure it could be Baddie WIFOM, but it could just as easily be civ truth. You can argue anything is WIFOM practically. It is a weak argument IMO.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

blindfaeth wrote:EBWOP: perhaps trust is too strong a word, since I'm dealing with reywaS the semantics police, let's try something more like "Kate, give me a chance"? lol.

Well, I never!!

:biggrin:
Some day, Some day
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Llama, will you be around for the end of the poll? I'll be at work, which means I can maybe pop on and such, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all the voting order if the poll goes down right away.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

why did you ask llama specifically?
Some day, Some day
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

He-Man wrote:
Kate wrote:I'm with you on LT, not seeing anything pingworthy in her posts.

i feel the opposite to you tbh I feel BF is coming across as a frustrated civvie right now. Rey on the other hand seems a little controlled now and that makes me nervous. I like to know where I stand with rey because he is a great civvie to have around, and I'm not sure right now. I wouldn't want to label him one way or another right now.
LOL...the wonders of "gut" on day one! :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

reywaS wrote:why did you ask llama specifically?
Because I know he is keeping a spreadsheet as well, that he is online often, and because he provided them last time. No one else has stated they were keeping a spreadsheet if I recall correctly. But that question goes for anyone, really, I don't care who provides it, lol.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Llama, will you be around for the end of the poll? I'll be at work, which means I can maybe pop on and such, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all the voting order if the poll goes down right away.
I will try, but I too am at work and may be busy at the time.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote:As someone who promoted the idea that the baddie teams likely only had one member each in the Stridor group, I'm starting to feel antsy about the whole thing. Yes, the logic is sound, and yes, The Maths suggest that the other group has better odds of containing baddies but

1. We don't know what the teams decided.
2. If they decided differently, we're walking into their game plan.
3. At this point, we need to move on.

Concentrate on who you think is suspicious, imo. I'm starting to feel like this constant chatter about Stridor vs non-Stridor is a way to suck up the hours, so we'll all panic and randomize.
T H I S
blindfaeth wrote:
reywaS wrote:You didn't factor "civvies might want to actually win the race" into your theory??? Why not? Why wouldn't civvies want to win? You keep changing your "theory" around seemingly to fit whatever is being said. I don't understand at all.
Well take my theory and suck it, because you voted for Stridor and I'm voting for you, totally over it
:eye:

blindfaeth wrote:That might be your opinion reywaS but I am not backpeddaling because I have nothing to backpedal from. I am fearless because I am a civvie :) You can call me inconsistent all day long, but you're being unreasonable with how hard you are desperately reaching for anything to latch onto. I also recommend everyone re-read me, if to see how consistent my theory was. Perhaps my vote was wishy-washy, but it was for someone not because they suspect me, but because they are constantly nitpicking at my words and purposefully misconstruing what I am saying.

I will say again, as I've said from the beginning. It is my opinion that probably one baddie from each team voted for stridor, and the rest voted for a non-stridor option. Thus I think 10 baddies are among the non-stridor votes. This was NOT meant as a sole factor in lynching someone, but as a jumping off point to narrow down options. I do NOT think that civvies would not want to win the race, that is THE MOST RETARDED THING IVE EVER BEEN ACCUSED OF. Because there are TWENTY ONE people that did not vote for the Stridor option, and there are only TWELVE baddies. :rolleyes:

I do not care that civvies voted for non-stridor options, and I do not care that civvies voted for the stridor. I care that it is probably more likely that many baddies voted for non-stridor options, and the chance of finding one among them was more likely. I DO NOT care that the chance of finding one is less than 50% for non-stridor voters, and less than 25% for Stridor voters, as again, this is NOT the only factor I wanted to consider going into this lynch. I DO care that this should not be the main focus of argument, as others have mentioned, it is derailing the thread, and quite frankly I am tired of talking about it. It is VERY clear what I believe, and the more you argue I have changed my tune, reywaS, the more I am CONVINCED that you are a baddie and have backed yourself into a corner. I have NOT changed my opinion to suit current conversation, CERTAINLY not you, whose opinion is negligible, because you are a baddie.
I'm voting for you because you are suspicious AND you used the word retarded.

Not only is it offensive to those with disabilities and their loved ones, but it's disrespectful to all of your English teachers that of all the words and synonyms for stupid, you picked one of the most vulgar and vapid ones out there.
:srsnod:
Roxy wrote:What a catch up this morning. I am not sure what to make of bf/rey tbh I think I need to go back and try and see what each is saying. Idk my initial thought was maybe they were misunderstanding each other (this is why I need to reread each of them to see exactly what they are saying.

I have already said what I think of MP/HeMan. Though I absolutely do not see where LT was in defense mode. I just seen her stating her opinion about the situation.

As for where my vote is going - still not real sure.
I don't like what I'm seeing of MP, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from BF even less. So I'm voting there..... I haven't seen anything suspicious from LT quite yet, and I think that MP and HE Man are being super weird.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@MP I'm probably just trying to get used to playing with you again.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

So I gather everyone is a civvie, right?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”