[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Re: [Day 1] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

"retarded" means "slowed." I don't see why anyone would find that offensive. I'd much rather be called slow than disabled.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

And I'm not offended every time someone uses the word "gay" as a substitute for stupid lol :rolleyes:
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

blindfaeth wrote:And I'm not offended every time someone uses the word "gay" as a substitute for stupid lol :rolleyes:
I thought gay meant lame?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by reywaS »

gay means happy
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by reywaS »

anyway....I think we should keep this stuff out of the game thread, no?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

BF, I will try to give you the benefit of the doubt, and yes I have respect for you, but fwiw, you know now that I was a civvie in that game, so I'm not sure your request/argument holds water. I also know why you you gave me the botd in the last game and it wasn't because of anything I said or out of any respect you have for me.

That being said, I want to reread He-Man, now that I know he is Dex.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Vompatti »

So many suspects I may just have to flip several coins.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Kate wrote:BF, I will try to give you the benefit of the doubt, and yes I have respect for you, but fwiw, you know now that I was a civvie in that game, so I'm not sure your request/argument holds water. I also know why you you gave me the botd in the last game and it wasn't because of anything I said or out of any respect you have for me.

That being said, I want to reread He-Man, now that I know he is Dex.
It *was* because of something you said, specifically, your major role hints. Sherry may have pointed it out to me, but that doesn't mean I didn't take a giant leap of faith.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: [Prologue] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Kate »

He-Man wrote:I dont care it takes me I want to arrive in style so I choose the vehicle that sounds the funnest to travel in.. Plus no one is messing with a battleram. Votes

Gotta say I can't wait to get stuck into this game love it

Also epig great opening post and love love love the art that goes with it. Top quality :>)
I think the most likely theory about the baddies voting patterns to be true would be to spread their votes across the choices. When I went back to reread HeMan, this was the first post. He voted for a vehicle that was not predicted to win nor was an "info giving" vehicle. I would understand wanting a fun ride, if you were actually riding it but just choosing it for the fun when its just a "pretend" ride? Makes me wonder. :evileye:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Gah! Is there a way to multiquote on here???
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DharmaHelper »

Going to vote for BF now before I forget. Out of everything I read during my catch up, his posts seemed the most pingy to me, specifically his reactions and interactions with Rey felt like they were those of a frustrated and defensive baddie.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:To make myself *crystal clear*, the tone of this post is not angry, but instead FIRM. I am FIRMLY ESTABLISHING my opinions, take it or leave it. ALSO, to add to my previous comment that reywaS has backed himself into a corner: at this point, to assert anything else would make him look foolish at this point, so he is forcing the point harder. But it doesn't matter how hard he presses, because I am good, and have nothing to hide :D

This little nugget and the nugget above it are what I specifically mean when I say "defensive, frustrated" etc.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

I am doing an entire thread reread to get a better feel for the different conversations/back and forths that are occurring.

One thing that stood out to me so far is that blindfaeth was the first person to suggest the idea that each baddie team likely had 1 person form their team vote for Stridor and no more than that--and that due to that probability, he'd be looking at the non-stridors (this post: viewtopic.php?p=6764#p6764).

Quite a few people seconded that idea (Timmer almost immediately after BF) so while he's clearly not alone in that thought (I think it makes sense to all of us), him being the first did make me wonder if there's a chance he's a baddie who wanted to suggest the idea, then say why it's worth looking elsewhere in order to draw the focus away from the Stridor voters (of which he is one).

I still have more re-reading to do, but I wanted to comment on that while it was fresh in my head.

Also, MP, I am keeping track of voting order--I just made my spreadsheet and got the voting order for the Day 0 Event while rereading. I plan to post the voting order after each lynch (and without errors this time--shudders from memories of Avant and making two mistakes that led to my unfortunate demise).
ImageImage

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

I am not a baddie, yes I am frustrated and yes I am defensive. Your reasons for voting me are lame tbh, anyone will defend themselves to the death.

Linki w/ FH
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

He-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I find it weird that it would be suggested to lynch one of them at the very start of the day.
I dont find it weird. I think the sooner we get talking and nit picking the sooner we get closer to lynching baddies. I find it weird your against it tbb.
What I find most odd about HeMan is he seems to support Llama, not overwhelming, but does support him. In a later post, he adds on to one of his posts...so who didn't post (paraphrasing). Sorry I can't go back and quote all, there seems to be no multiquote feature.

So in this quote above, Heman responds to MP saying he (HM) doesnt think its weird that he would suggest lynching a nonvoter or non participator at the very start of the day. Then below, when questioned by again by MP.......
He-Man wrote:Also Mp I tbought llama was new to mafia and I wanted to encourage his keeness by supporting his post regarding no shows. Inever once said I agreed with it or was going to follow him.

Also MP your tone to me sounds aggressive and I wonder why whoever disagrees with you is on your :eye: list.
....said he never said he agreed or was going to follow his suggestion. If this is the case, why did he say above that it was not weird to suggest lynching "one of them" this early in the day? He even goes so far as to say that its weird that MP doesn't agree, but then says, he -himself- never agreed with Llama.

Which is it?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Whew, I hope the others days we have more to go on! I was satisfied by MP's answer. I'll be voting more on intuition than anything concrete that pinged me. I don't necessarily trust reywa at all, but I, like Dom, have no trust in bf and disliked his use of the word "retarded", so that's where my vote goes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:I am not a baddie, yes I am frustrated and yes I am defensive. Your reasons for voting me are lame tbh, anyone will defend themselves to the death.

Linki w/ FH
No, YOU'RE LAME! :solitary:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate I didn't suggest lynching non voters I was surprised llama was so quick outthe gate and wanted to support him.

I never said I was going to follow him. I didn't actually agree with voting non posters. Is this clear?
a stopped clock is right twice a day
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

lol great, more semantics police.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

He-Man wrote:Kate I didn't suggest lynching non voters I was surprised llama was so quick outthe gate and wanted to support him.

I never said I was going to follow him. I didn't actually agree with voting non posters. Is this clear?
Yes, this is clear. Your previous posts are not.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Guys, not trying to be a big Debbie Downer or anything but maybe we could all stop using derogatory terms to describe each other or any one's actions? Someone is going to get offended, there will be a big argument which is not game related and feelings will get hurt/people will get pissed off. Lets just stop before it gets out of control, okay? Please? ;)
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate wrote:
He-Man wrote:Kate I didn't suggest lynching non voters I was surprised llama was so quick outthe gate and wanted to support him.

i can only try. If its zany its normally right for me :p
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate wrote:Guys, not trying to be a big Debbie Downer or anything but maybe we could all stop using derogatory terms to describe each other or any one's actions? Someone is going to get offended, there will be a big argument which is not game related and feelings will get hurt/people will get pissed off. Lets just stop before it gets out of control, okay? Please? ;)
well said
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah, I'm starting to think the "take my theory and suck it" part was a little more than just frustrated BF. That makes me think his defense was not genuine and it really bothers me that he keeps going over the Stridor vs. non-Stridor thing. I agree with timmer that it seems like a way to waste our time and focus. And right now it seems like we might be getting something useful from Day 1 ON Day 1 rather than in the aftermath. But yeah, I was leaning toward Boomslang and LT, but I think my vote is going to be going with BF today.

Votes BF
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 15

Post by S~V~S »

As the aunt of an autistic niece, and the sister of a gay man, I would prefer not to see the word "retarded", or to see "gay" used as an insult. So let's all listen to Kate and refrain from saying that stuff, k?

Xoxoxo
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Seriously, you're making a big mistake. I am a civvie and a talkative one at that. Talkative civvies are the best kind of civvies IMO because conversation is a good thing, baddies like it when there is little discussion in the thread.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: I don't like what I'm seeing of MP, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from BF even less. So I'm voting there..... I haven't seen anything suspicious from LT quite yet, and I think that MP and HE Man are being super weird.
Could you elaborate? I like to think my behavior has been pretty standard MP. I don't know why anyone who knows me would say otherwise.

And I don't get why no one else sees what I'm seeing in He-Man. He seriously is acting suspicious and I feel almost more certain I'm right because people came in here immediately thereafter and started pushing BF as bad, and then trying to drop little subtle bombs about how weird or bad I'm acting (Russtifinko excluded). Seriously, re-read him.

Kate wrote:
He-Man wrote:I dont care it takes me I want to arrive in style so I choose the vehicle that sounds the funnest to travel in.. Plus no one is messing with a battleram. Votes

Also epig great opening post and love love love the art that goes with it. Top quality :>)
I think the most likely theory about the baddies voting patterns to be true would be to spread their votes across the choices. When I went back to reread HeMan, this was the first post. He voted for a vehicle that was not predicted to win nor was an "info giving" vehicle. I would understand wanting a fun ride, if you were actually riding it but just choosing it for the fun when its just a "pretend" ride? Makes me wonder. :evileye:
I thought this was strange too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to think the "take my theory and suck it" part was a little more than just frustrated BF. That makes me think his defense was not genuine and it really bothers me that he keeps going over the Stridor vs. non-Stridor thing. I agree with timmer that it seems like a way to waste our time and focus. And right now it seems like we might be getting something useful from Day 1 ON Day 1 rather than in the aftermath. But yeah, I was leaning toward Boomslang and LT, but I think my vote is going to be going with BF today.

Votes BF
This strikes me as pingy. Why not vote for Boomslang or LT then? And how could you find LT bad but not even mention He-Man?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I seriously smell something fishy going on, and I think it's a baddie bandwagon against BF. I could be wrong, but I really think my gut is right on this one. He-Man needs to go.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I seriously smell something fishy going on, and I think it's a baddie bandwagon against BF. I could be wrong, but I really think my gut is right on this one. He-Man needs to go.
Whaaaaat? Where did this come from?

:huh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I forgot to say, thank you very much, FH. I have been in a rush to eat and spend some last minute time with Spacedaisy before heading out to work. :)

He-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I seriously smell something fishy going on, and I think it's a baddie bandwagon against BF. I could be wrong, but I really think my gut is right on this one. He-Man needs to go.
Whaaaaat? Where did this come from?

:huh:
Have you not read my previous couple posts? Look at your post content. You spread your vote out, you come in and support discussion towards non-voters, you play the confusion act, then the oh woe is me it's Day 1 and I can't contribute sorry act, and ALSO notice that as soon as I begin bringing you up seriously, a few people try to subtly discount me as weird or bad or just full of crap. AND THEN people start making a big deal about BF being bad so as to re-direct the thread, and now I really feel like there's the baddie bandwagon in motion. I don't think it's all a coincidence. I could be wrong, but it's what I have based on what's in the thread.
AllAlongTheBoardwalk
Posts in topic: 33

Post by AllAlongTheBoardwalk »

[/OT]
S~V~S wrote:As the aunt of an autistic niece, and the sister of a gay man, I would prefer not to see the word "retarded", or to see "gay" used as an insult. So let's all listen to Kate and refrain from saying that stuff, k?

Xoxoxo

I agree, forget whether it's politically correct or not, It's just being civil. Saying it with friends is one thing but sometimes it's more important to be sensitive of the situation of others.

Also, I was just wondering why there are so many references to previous games and peoples playing style? Doesn't this sort of shatter the je ne sais quoi of the game?

(this is french, and while literally translated as "I don't know what" it means a certain feeling or quality that is hard to describe)
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:[/OT]
S~V~S wrote:As the aunt of an autistic niece, and the sister of a gay man, I would prefer not to see the word "retarded", or to see "gay" used as an insult. So let's all listen to Kate and refrain from saying that stuff, k?

Xoxoxo

I agree, forget whether it's politically correct or not, It's just being civil. Saying it with friends is one thing but sometimes it's more important to be sensitive of the situation of others.

Also, I was just wondering why there are so many references to previous games and peoples playing style? Doesn't this sort of shatter the je ne sais quoi of the game?

(this is french, and while literally translated as "I don't know what" it means a certain feeling or quality that is hard to describe)
eh, it is what it is, people who can't explain why someone is bad in the thread can draw comparisons to your playing style from a previous game. In a perfect world it wouldn't happen but it is what it is
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I don't support discussion for non voters I support discussion. Which is why I don't think BF is bad.

I am confused by the math that's not all woe is me it's fact. I never use spread sheets I never have vote orders. I go by gut always.

Also how many people have tried to 're direct' away from me to BF?

I respect your reason I think it's flawed and one could argue your re directing the thread away from BF / reywas especially as you understood what my position was yesterday when I explained it yet today I'm bad again. Talk about wishy washy

Linki
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to think the "take my theory and suck it" part was a little more than just frustrated BF. That makes me think his defense was not genuine and it really bothers me that he keeps going over the Stridor vs. non-Stridor thing. I agree with timmer that it seems like a way to waste our time and focus. And right now it seems like we might be getting something useful from Day 1 ON Day 1 rather than in the aftermath. But yeah, I was leaning toward Boomslang and LT, but I think my vote is going to be going with BF today.

Votes BF
This strikes me as pingy. Why not vote for Boomslang or LT then? And how could you find LT bad but not even mention He-Man?
Because the quote I'm referencing makes me feel more strongly about BF than I currently do about Boomslang and LT.

I didn't say I found LT bad (if I did, then it was poorly worded). I thought I said I found her overly-defensiveness pingy. I find He-Man is definitely pingy too, but I'm voting based on who I feel most strongly about right now. Do you think LT and He-Man are connected somehow?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, I did not find anything suspicious about saying for Day 1 that looking at non stridor voters might be a good idea. In fact I found it to make a lot of sense. It's not to say stridor voters get a civ pass, but if you are looking to narrow stuff down, it makes sense. I felt like Timmer coming in and saying, no no no that is just trying to suppress discussion, or however he said it, struck me as odd. For lack of feeling strongly about anyone else being discussed today, I will vote Timmer.

Now I must head out to work,unfortunately. I will catch up when I get home.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I see MP voted me without hearing me out... Meh
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

To be honest I'm more inclined to vote for MP than He-Man.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Post by LittleTiger »

I do think BF's sudden vote for reywaS and the post that went with it was very out of character for BF. He seemed to be flustered by some simple questioning from reywaS. Not sure what that is about.

I am not sure why MP is so fixated on He-Man being bad. I went back and looked at his posts that MP said he was pinged by (namely, his first D1 post!), and I still cannot see what it is that MP is on about. I did already make a post about why I thought it odd - which garnered a really weird accusation of being OTT and defensive by MP and then BWT. I had nothing to defend, I was simply posting my observations of what was going on in the thread. Now, all of a sudden MP is absolutely positive that he-Man is bad and that anyone who votes to lynch BF is bandwagoning to save He-Man. Completely ignoring the fact that BF is actually the most suspicious out of He-Man and BF.

I am also keeping a spreadsheet and recording the vote orders, so will be happy to provide same if needed.

Also, not a fan of those particular words or personal insults being used in games.

Linki - there is the LT was over defensive again. Please explain how I was over defensive when I was calling out MP for his pingyness? I wasn't addressing something directed at me, so what the heck is it that I am "defending" in my first post regarding why I was a little pinged by MP? I am really scratching my head at this characterization of my two posts to MP.
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Vompatti wrote:To be honest I'm more inclined to vote for MP than He-Man.
I don't get good vibes from MP, this is likely where my vote is going purely because he understood where I was coming from yesterday but today he doesn't and then votes me without even saying so.

Linki
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I've got to get back to work. Some of BF's more recent posts strike me more like civ BF, so I will give him the BOTD. Also, this bandwagony lynch is going down too easily for my tastes.

I'm going to vote He-Man.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm just totally confused about who to vote for. i want to believe everyone. :ponder:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

k, I'm voting for MP.

Image Image Image
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate wrote:I've got to get back to work. Some of BF's more recent posts strike me more like civ BF, so I will give him the BOTD. Also, this bandwagony lynch is going down too easily for my tastes.

Yet you don't explain why? :eye:

I see a bandwagon forming maybe I was wrong about BF 2 votes in five mins and no explanation no time to defend myself.. :eye:
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate wrote:

So here is me thinking we've cleared this misunderstanding up and the ....
Kate wrote:I've got to get back to work. Some of BF's more recent posts strike me more like civ BF, so I will give him the BOTD. Also, this bandwagony lynch is going down too easily for my tastes.

This. Very bizarre Kate
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate wrote:

This. Very bizarre Kate
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

He-Man wrote:

Kate wrote:

This. Very bizarre Kate
What did we clear up? I said you contradicted yourself in earlier posts and I still feel that way.

I posted earlier about why I feel the way I do, should I repost it when I actually vote?

Btw, I'm not sure when MP voted for you either but it was several hours ago, because I looked at the post count before I left for lunch 12ish EST and his vote was already there.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: [Prologue] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote:

Here is my first reason.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote:
He-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I find it weird that it would be suggested to lynch one of them at the very start of the day.
I dont find it weird. I think the sooner we get talking and nit picking the sooner we get closer to lynching baddies. I find it weird your against it tbb.
What I find most odd about HeMan is he seems to support Llama, not overwhelming, but does support him. In a later post, he adds on to one of his posts...so who didn't post (paraphrasing). Sorry I can't go back and quote all, there seems to be no multiquote feature.

So in this quote above, Heman responds to MP saying he (HM) doesnt think its weird that he would suggest lynching a nonvoter or non participator at the very start of the day. Then below, when questioned by again by MP.......
He-Man wrote:Also Mp I tbought llama was new to mafia and I wanted to encourage his keeness by supporting his post regarding no shows. Inever once said I agreed with it or was going to follow him.

Also MP your tone to me sounds aggressive and I wonder why whoever disagrees with you is on your :eye: list.
....said he never said he agreed or was going to follow his suggestion. If this is the case, why did he say above that it was not weird to suggest lynching "one of them" this early in the day? He even goes so far as to say that its weird that MP doesn't agree, but then says, he -himself- never agreed with Llama.

Which is it?
Here is my second.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

So I tried to explain myself you say I didn't make sense earlier but you understand now.

But that doesn't matter?

Linki

IMO day zero polls are just a way to get discussion going and unless you have info are kinda pot luck. So I stand by my decision to choose the one that sounded the most enjoyable.

Return to “Previous Jobs”