Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 6

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:
Boogs wrote:How much are we at?
By my count it is me, you, Metalmarsh, Spaghetti, Blooper, Bullzeye and Vompatti, making only 350 gold so far.

I would offer more, but I was recently robbed.
Come on people participate and help :)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Yea, I think Epi is just trying to get the point across that he has been cursed. I don't really like to vote for someone who is unable to defend themself unless I have a good reason to do so. That leaves inh or vomps. I don't feel as strongly about vomps as some do, so I'm thinking my vote will go to inh. I should still be around for a bit but my Internet is being a bitch atm

linki: I didn't vote the back but will contribute if need be (I believe it was CBK who said that also so that would get us up to 450)
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Daisy hasn't posted since Day 4.

Host: is Daisy in the process of being replaced?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Vompatti wrote:I'll pay 50 if I'm still alive. Heck, I'll even pay 100 (one hundred) if and only if you spare my life.
Vompatti, who are you suspicious of?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:HOST: How is this payment to be acomplished? Do we have to PM you? If so, when? I ant specifics so we don't get bushwacked.
thellama73 wrote:
Boogs wrote:I could spare 50 if we need more. What happens if we don't get to the $600?
The Smuggler will claim his gold "by any means necessary" which doesn't sound particularly good for us.

What I'm worried about (as a trained economist) is a prisoner's dilemma scenario where we each have to PM our contribution. If that's the case, everyone, especially the baddies, has an incentive to claim they are contributing but not actually contribute, in which case bad things are unavoidable un less some selfless civ kicks in the whole 600 out of fear.
Good question! You do not have to PM at all, I was planning on just reading the thread (tempted as I was to create just the scenario you mentioned, since I'm also a trained dog economist). I was planning on reading the thread to figure it out. And since I'm too lazy to count 12 names, I was planning on going with taking 50 from the people who voted to sneak in since there seems to be a consensus around that. Maybe I'm letting you off too easy, though? :feb: If someone objects, though, you'll have to solve it yourselves.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Turnip Head wrote:Daisy hasn't posted since Day 4.

Host: is Daisy in the process of being replaced?
Currently, no. However, I will say that's partly because rl has been in the way more this weekend. I'm been idly considering replacing her since Friday, and will probably go ahead with it tomorrow if she hasn't taken any action by then.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

fingersplints wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I am at a bit of loss where to look right now because while I thought Epi worth a look, Smaug killing Rey just feels like an easy set-up of him, since Rey was going on about Epi being bad. He's my top suspect for now though.
I've been going back and forth in my head on this. Either, smaug is setting up Epi.
Or Epi is Smaug and thought we'd think that someone was trying to set him up by killing his most vocal adversary. I don't know Epi well but he seems to me the kind of ballsy player who do this sort of thing.
I thought about this possibility too. I don't know Epi or his playstyle, but it did seem suspicious, didn't it.
Boogs wrote:I've got to decide now, and I trust Llama's judgement in this game and his play and he's leaning at Vompattii. I know BWT voted me and Capt bunny (big surprise) will vote me like he's said, so I'm going to have to Vompattii vote in order to prevent my possible lynch while I'm going to be busy before the poll ends at this point. I'm still watching my other names very closely and can hope one of them gets lynched if Vompattii does not.
I think I might vote for Boogs due to my relative trust of CBK and her arguments and wariness of llama as of late. Maybe Boogs sees something I don't, but I can't commit to trusting the llama.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

I'm doing my re-reading, so we'll see how it all shakes out....
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Leamiteo wrote:I can't commit to trusting the llama.
Why not? I have never done anything to deceive you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Turnip Head wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'll pay 50 if I'm still alive. Heck, I'll even pay 100 (one hundred) if and only if you spare my life.
Vompatti, who are you suspicious of?
I dunno, I haven't read the thread lately. :shrug:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

:| Comments like that make me want to vote you.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

thellama73 wrote:
Boogs wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Boogs wrote:Speaking of low posters from my thoughts earlier, why have we squashed all discussion SpaceDaisy could be bad since Day 3? There was still a possibility she could have been on the other Goblin team. Just throwing out there people that should be brought up again we seemed to have forgotten are the real targets.
Wasn't the main suspicion of SpaceDaisy the way she interacted with MP? If that is the case, I don't see how that makes her a candidate for the other goblin team.
Indeed it was at first. But, she's sliding by now as a low poster just like Lizzy, Hedgeowl, and a few others. I just really have a gut feeling the people we continuously are trying aren't getting us anywhere. I'd be happy with low poster getting lynched today to find the real Goblins or Smaug, as well as I personally obviously think something weird was still going on with the Mongoose lynch and think Snow is shady and bad still. I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't see how we were wrong about Mongoose and she conveniently turned up Bilbo... Something weird is going on. So I'd throw my vote to hopefully lynch Snow, Lizzy, Spacedaisy, or Hedgeowl today. I know you personally think Vompattii has something and strangely enough, we have been getting along very well in this game because we typically disagree. But I feel very much you are civ in this game and I won't throw a vote on you today or anytime soon. I think the Epignosis thing is a distraction also. I'm not sure He is civ, but I don't feel he's suspicious enough to get my vote just yet either.
I agree with almost all of this, although I'm not convinced about Snow Dog. I think looking at low posters at this stage of the game makes a lot of sense. Having so many baddies lynched in a row has got to have shaken the other team and made them nervous. It would make all the sense in the world for them to clam up for fear of being next.
Hm, I don't agree with much of it, because I'm not even sure what he's getting at (weird lynch... convenient that Mongoose turned up Bilbo??). All vague with lots of names and feelings and low-poster focus. It's probably true that there are quiet baddies. There always are. But I'm betting there's at least one vocal one. We are at too much of a disadvantage with a completely unknown team to start shooting in the dark, so if you have a reason to lynch a specific low-poster, let's hear it.

Funny that my top suspicions are getting along swimmingly.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Spacedaisy »

So.... I owe you all an apology and explanation.

My co manager fell and hurt herself on the job. Which means I am basically running the store by myself. I just got a co manager trainee two days ago, and my shift leader trainee is moved up to a fll fledged shift leader. But they are both still so new and unsure of themselves it still leaves me with a lot of work. I am on Day 8 of a nine day run right now. And quite honestly, I am just completely run down physically and mentally. That is why I have been AWOL. I really don't want replaced though. So if you will give me a chance I would like to continue.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Image
That one made me lol. Well done, sir.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Also, I can spare 50 gold if needed! Meant to mention that. I failed to get my vote in on time, but wanted to go the back way. I must remember to do it before I get off work, or else I can't make it in on time.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Well, crap. The person voting for me can only back it up with digital vomit.

I'm just going to go ahead and vote. I don't feel good about going along with someone else's gut on a random low-poster, and this is a short day of non-helpful gut feelings. So i'm going to stick to my suspicions.

*votes Boogs
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

I'm not in favor of the low-poster voting, I'll just let it be known. Yes, baddies can hide and lynch people, but it's summer and people have been away and I feel like we're more likely to kill someone innocent.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I think there is more going on then "non-helpful gut feelings"
Gro-oo-ovy
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

fingersplints wrote:I think there is more going on then "non-helpful gut feelings"
That was in reference to actual votes (mainly vomps and other random votes). There has been some rehashing of origins of old suspicions, except maybe the Epi/Smaug idea. But, again, I don't know what the heck to think about Epig.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 5

Post by Leamiteo »

Leamiteo wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote::(

And making vague statements about something going on is not going to pass for hunting baddies, Boogs.

And I think I might be ready to bring up a llama suspicion again. Time to look back, but lets start with this exchange.
reywas wrote:llama and epignosis are great places to begin discussion for the next lynch.

Llama has been at the top of my suspect list for the last two lynches. I have re-reading to do on him and others. :coffee2:
@llama, because of this.
Leamiteo wrote:
Boogs wrote:I personally think some of the more blendy, less talkative, non committal people should be examined this next lynch also that are most likely on this other Goblin team. It's odd that we've gotten 3 of MP's team, and none of the other. I feel like they 4 are the ones more sitting back and just voting with the flow so I'm not sure Epignosis or llama is the way to go tomorrow. I'm kind of feeling Vompattii or Snow but I think some quiet people as stated like Lizzy and we seemed to have squashed all discussion that Daisy could have been bad and she hasn't been very talky lately. There's a start for me from those 4 to cast. I think the less obvious choices are where I'm going to find a Goblin.
To the bold yes, and duh. :p I said that earlier and therefore obviously agree. But I don't know why this automatically excludes Epi and llama. What is your logic in this reasoning? If I may ask for clarification. And what does Lizzy's input about Daisy have to do with us looking at her. That's like the point of the game, and people have been doing that all over the place. Why do you bring up Lizzy? Do you have any more specifics you could bring out? K thanks. :)
However, I just realized Boogs never answered the questions I asked. :( If he answers, I'll spare him, if not, that's where my vote is today.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 3

Post by Leamiteo »

thellama73 wrote:Did anyone else notice A Person's last minute vote-without-posting for Boogs? Ordinarily I would say it is too obvious, but it could be a desperation move of the last of the Moria Goblins.
I just saw this, re-reading through llama's posts, that was night 3.
Leamiteo wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote::(

And making vague statements about something going on is not going to pass for hunting baddies, Boogs.

And I think I might be ready to bring up a llama suspicion again. Time to look back, but lets start with this exchange.
reywas wrote:llama and epignosis are great places to begin discussion for the next lynch.

Llama has been at the top of my suspect list for the last two lynches. I have re-reading to do on him and others. :coffee2:
AP did the same thing to me on night 4.

:eye:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well, I need to get some sleep before I take my dad out tonight. I have not kept up as well with the thread as I would like, but I am going to stick with my personal long time suspicion. Boogs. love ya buddy but I feel pretty darn sure you are bad this time around.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

OH SHOOT! EBWOP The second quoted part was supposed to be:
Leamiteo wrote:
A Person wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:@A Person: So you voted for me but haven't so much as addressed me or even mentioned me in any posts. What gives?
i thought today was the last day of the poll so i voted randomly
But without any mention of anything? Surely you realized after the fact that the poll wasn't up.

AP did the same thing to me on night 4.

:eye:[/quote]
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Hmm, less than an hour to get a vote in but I have no idea who to go after. I'm still not seeing the stuff on Boogs so I almost definitely won't be voting there tbh but I'm not too sure where I will go instead.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Spacedaisy wrote:So.... I owe you all an apology and explanation.

My co manager fell and hurt herself on the job. Which means I am basically running the store by myself. I just got a co manager trainee two days ago, and my shift leader trainee is moved up to a fll fledged shift leader. But they are both still so new and unsure of themselves it still leaves me with a lot of work. I am on Day 8 of a nine day run right now. And quite honestly, I am just completely run down physically and mentally. That is why I have been AWOL. I really don't want replaced though. So if you will give me a chance I would like to continue.
Works for me! Glad to have you in the game. Sorry to hear that work is so busy, I hope your trainees get into the swing of things quickly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

I'm just going to vote now for Boogs as previously stated. I'll follow my other rabbit trails of suspicion when time allows, but for now votes Boogs.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

I have no idea how much gold I actually own. How do I find out, just PM the host, or what?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

insertnamehere wrote:I have no idea how much gold I actually own. How do I find out, just PM the host, or what?
Yes indeedy!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think Boogs should be lynched, I've never understood the case on him and it seems to have snowballed to where he's getting votes just because he's been discussed the most at this point.

I'm voting Daisy. I know she's had a lot going on in RL apparently but I think she's flying low because all her teammates got lynched at the start of the game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ill donate the 100 gold I earned from this vote to the smuggler fund.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think Boogs should be lynched, I've never understood the case on him and it seems to have snowballed to where he's getting votes just because he's been discussed the most at this point.

I'm voting Daisy. I know she's had a lot going on in RL apparently but I think she's flying low because all her teammates got lynched at the start of the game.
I'm a little mystified about the case against Boogs as well. I guess other people are seeing something I am not.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Apologies for being a bit MIA - Father's Day festivities and whatnot, and attempting to catch up.

As someone stated, I'm not comfortable voting someone at the moment who can't speak for himself (Epig). Plus, I'm literally crying I'm laughing so hard at the ridiculous vomit pictures, so I'll leave him be for now.

I've re-read the people with the highest number of votes so far (Boogs and Vompatti). I'm not getting any really strong baddie vibes from Boogs. He goes in a lot of different directions, but there are also several baddies to catch, so that's not necessarily a bad thing to do. We'll see as we keep playing.

Vompatti, on the other hand, looks sketchy. People keep saying there's nothing out of the ordinary in his game, but as someone relatively new, I can't make that argument and the play is weird to me. His posting looks like a joke that's gone on longer than it should - playing with bold sarcasm and nonchalance, but then not stopping, even when the threat of being lynched is in the cards. Aside from offering a bunch of gold for his not being lynched, there's not much else he's said in the way of defending himself, and again, the only defense I've seen from others is "this is not out of the ordinary for him." It all amuses me so, but also makes me think he's bad.

So, voting Vompatti.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Also, if we're strapped for cash, I'm willing to offer 100 if necessary!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm voting inh [/] A large part of me wants to vote Vomps for admitting that he has not even bothered to read the thread, but I have to stick with my stronger suspicion.

linki with a bunch of stuff but gonna post before I read anyways
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

stupid missing b ;(
Gro-oo-ovy
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

For the record:
Vompatti wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Vompatti wrote:My theory is that Mongoose is good and Mongoose voters are bad. :srsnod:
I seem to remember you having a similar theory about Elo though :p
That is correct and I stand by it regardless of the facts. :|
Vompatti wrote:By the way I still think llama is evil but that doesn't stop me from thoroughly agreeing with the review above.
Vompatti wrote:I woudln't mind going through the back way if you know what I mean.

Also, Mongoose wasn't bad? Who would have thought!
I can't really say I would bet Vomps is good from all of this, but I think his play style cuts both ways. While it's easy to get away with devious behavior when you're zany, it's also easy to be a ping for an experienced leader in the game who can fall back on his "bad gut" on a player who's hard to read. Plus, it's convenient for unexperienced players to follow along, because they don't know how he usually is.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I know I said I wasn't really seeing the Vomp thing, and at the time I wasn't, but the fact he's said he isn't even reading the thread makes me want to vote for him too. I have nothing better to go on, and I do need to place a vote somewhere, so that's where it will go.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

I hates please I hates please I hate missing votes please hurt me hate missing vote me hurt missing votes please missing vote missing vote I hurt me I hurt missing vote I hate me I hates please I hurt me I hurt me hurt me missing vote missing vote hurt missing votes please hate hurt me I hurt missing votes please I hates please missing votes please I hates please I hurt missing votes please hurt me missing vote me me missing vote me I hurt missing vote I hates please I hates please missing votes pl
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

DOH! sorry to miss ya'll just got home. Will catch up this evening.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 3

Post by thellama73 »

Leamiteo wrote: AP did the same thing to me on night 4.

:eye:
And AP did it again today for Boogs.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 5 -- The Trial

As it turned out, the defendants in the trial were Vompatti and Boogs.

"He faked being insanified!" shouted Captain Bunny Killer, extending her arm to point a trembling finger at the accused.

thellama73 responded with his own shouted accusation of Vompatti. "He's acting weird, even for him!"

"BLEARGH," said Epi with a grimace, grossing everyone out.

Each player was called to take the stand, to the great delight of the crowd and the magistrates, who were acting as judges. Boogs was vehement on the stand, swearing up and down, in the sight of Magistrates and Men, that he was not evil.

Vomps was passive, almost timid by comparison. He sat quietly in the witness' chair, head bowed, and let the questions roll over and off him, occasionally submitting a resigned "ture" in acknowledgement. Eventually, toward the end of the day, he finally murmured an answer. "...I haven't been reading the thread..." :sigh:

"Hah! You see, he admits it! Not reading!" scoffed Boogs. Ninja Blooper and Bullzeye were heard to shout "Hear, hear!" in agreement.

Finally, at day's end, it was decided. The magistrates huddled and conferred, and then the Head Magistrate banged his gavel on the hastily-erected stand. "Vomps is declared guilty (and quilty, as well) and sentenced to immediate death by execution!"

The crowd cheered in jubilation. They had barely dared hope to see such a spectacle. After that, things happened very fast. A black hood was put over Vomps' head. He was asked for any last words. "I really don't want to die," he said. As the crowd looked on, he was strong up and lynched.

The hood was removed, and the crowd hushed, expecting to see hideous dripping fangs and a pale green visage. They were stunned into silence when nothing of the sort was revealed. Vomps' thick black beard stayed put on his face, even after repeated tugs by the executioner. They finally noticed the fine jewels he wore on his fingers, marking him as a rightful dwarven king.

For the townspeople, the fest continued late into the night. They prodded the company to celebrate with them, but the travellers declined. Their hearts were just not in it, knowing what they had just done.

Vompatti has been lynched. He was Thorin Oakenshield.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

:disappoint:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That was a bad role to lose. I wish Vomps had made at least some effort this game.

Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

thellama73 wrote:That was a bad role to lose. I wish Vomps had made at least some effort this game.
Shifting blame now?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
thellama73 wrote:That was a bad role to lose. I wish Vomps had made at least some effort this game.
Shifting blame now?
To be fair Vomp made very little effort, he even said himself that he wasn't really reading the thread. He kinda brought it on himself a bit.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

That sucks. :/
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
Shifting blame now?
I said I suspected Vompatti and I voted for him. I was wrong. But I didn't try to convince others to vote for him. They did that on their own. And Vompatti did nothing to try to stop us from lynching him. It's as much his fault he got lynched as anyone's, since he was not contributing to the civ cause. I'd be surprised if he was even sending in his protection PMs. I don't really feel sorry for him. What happened is the inevitable result of making no effort all game.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 5

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 6 -- A Party

While many of the group sat silent, smoking, drinking, or simply lost in their own thoughts, a local merchant came up. "Well that trial was just about the gol'darndest thing that ever happened around here, at least since that dragon's been seen. You really brightened up the day for us! Say, you all look pretty glum about what happened, though. What say we celebrate the life of a spectacular dwarf?"

The response he got was tepid at best.

"Well, then I have an idea to cheer you up. I happen to be an inventor, and I've been working on a few things lately. Couldn't see much use for 'em at the start, but I like making things for their own sake. Seems to me they might come in handy for you all. Could help you avoid another situation like what happened just now."

The group did seem somewhat cheered by the prospect. Bolstered by his support, a few of them even allowed him to introduce them to his friends, and began to mingle.

A new item will be added to the shop tonight. Vote to determine which it will be.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”