(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 7

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:I just want to say you are doing a terrific job hosting your first game, Russ, and I'm sorry if I have been testy at times or contributed to an atmosphere of tension. This really has been fantastic.
^^:noble:^^
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

I give russti a lot of credit. big game + money aspect + testy players :) You are doing good so far!
Gro-oo-ovy
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

I echo all of the above, you're a great host Russti!
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Thank you for the support for the ones who have been sticking up for me. It's true. No matter what I say, there's 5 or so of you pushing me into a corner that my answers can never be right. I've answered your questions, I've given highly I think certain players are bad and being blendy and just jumping in for "here here!" Like Daisy.... But it seems nothing I say seems right to any of you guys accusing me. I'm not bad, and this always happens to me in games. I get lynched and never Nightkilled and then everyone starts a bandwagon. Look at the last 2 games I've actually played since my hiatus from mafia: X men I state Mystique was not who she said she was and then a train starts to lynch me and I'm Civ. Then I turn up The real role she was and it blows up to I am still a liar. Then in a Recruitment mafia, I'm busy with trying to find a new job and other things and people think I'm a liar again and go after me and I turn up civ. It happens every...game..I play. Which is what irritates me in mafia sometimes!
Yesterday's vote if I gave SnowDog OR anyone else I named I find suspicious my vote, what the heck would that accomplish?! Nada. Nothing. Zip. Why give Snow 1 vote and let myself possibly get lynched? I saw I had votes already and I knew certain players were going to vote me anyways. I had friends coming to my house and had to vote. So I voted for Vomps to save myself from a possible lynch train (which happened to me like I assumed) and to trust llama may be onto something. People make mistakes and unfortunately, Vomps was Civ. News flash: no on is perfect guys. I shouldn't be held accountable for saving myself when I wouldn't be around (Which I did because he got lynched by 1 more vote than I did) because if any single one of you were in my shoes and thought they were going to die and couldn't make it back, you would vote for the 2nd vote getter also. It's as plain as that. Sorry not sorry Captain Bunny, but not signing up for a game with you again bud, you've irked my nerves all game and I wish I wasn't civ so I could nightkill you.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Boogs, thanks for re-explaining what you've outlined aboce. I'm sorry that has happened to you in multiple games. I get how frustrating that can be. :consoling:
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Leamiteo wrote:Boogs, thanks for re-explaining what you've outlined aboce. I'm sorry that has happened to you in multiple games. I get how frustrating that can be. :consoling:
It's very frustrating. I was bad in a lot of games when I first started mafia, and I love to be good and to find baddies and be the hero. But whenever I am civ I always get lynched easily. It's so annoying :/
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Llama, TH, SE, and Bullz: if you guys could try to trust that I'm not bad and help save me today, I would really appreciate it. If anyone else can: I would also appreciate your votes to help save me.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Boogs wrote:Llama, TH, SE, and Bullz: if you guys could try to trust that I'm not bad and help save me today, I would really appreciate it. If anyone else can: I would also appreciate your votes to help save me.
I do trust you and don't want you to die. I also don't want me to die. I don't really think CBK is bad, and I am not sure about Spacedaisy. If I can save you without condemning someone else I trust, I will try.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:
Boogs wrote:Llama, TH, SE, and Bullz: if you guys could try to trust that I'm not bad and help save me today, I would really appreciate it. If anyone else can: I would also appreciate your votes to help save me.
I do trust you and don't want you to die. I also don't want me to die. I don't really think CBK is bad, and I am not sure about Spacedaisy. If I can save you without condemning someone else I trust, I will try.
Thanks Llama. :) Who do you think needs a look today then?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Boogs, your last post has gotten my attention. I'm not sure I trust you, but I'm open minded: who would you like lynched today?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boogs wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Thanks Llama. :) Who do you think needs a look today then?
I am a bit stumped, to be honest. None of the very vocal players are pinging me at all. I would be interested to look at Lizzy, and MetalMarsh being absent is reviving my old ping of him. Hedgeowl might be worth a look as well. Basically quiet people who have not gotten a lot of scrutiny yet. I'm going to reread Lizzy right now (shouldn't take long) and I'll let you know what I find.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Dom wrote:
Boogs, your last post has gotten my attention. I'm not sure I trust you, but I'm open minded: who would you like lynched today?
I think SpaceDaisy and Snow Dog as my top suspects which not everyone agrees with, but I think low posters need another look aka Lizzy mainly... Too quiet strikes me as hiding something.

I really think Daisy need a look because she was gone like I mentioned, then all of a sudden comes back before she gets replaced as if a teammate told her and goes guns blazing after me. She was gone for several Day and a Night posts and instead of taking time to examine this game, she just nods and votes me and now wants me out. She even voted me today first without even catching up on this game. I think it's blendy and bad. If I were gone from like Day 3- Day 7, I would be catching up because in a game, anything can change how you view someone.

INH has caught me attention today for getting more serious all of a sudden and has been really rude to some players. I looked back and some of his earlier posts were not game related and kind of "I'm here and let me goof off" non helpful . It caught my eye.

Linki: Llama I had forgotten Metalmarsh was even playing, he's been so quiet . He's worth a look also.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I've already said it I don't think your votes are weird. I think it'd be weird if you voted any other way :shrug: 99.9% sure I won't be voting you :p
Gro-oo-ovy
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

fingersplints wrote:
I've already said it I don't think your votes are weird. I think it'd be weird if you voted any other way :shrug: 99.9% sure I won't be voting you :p
Thank you finger splints :)
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

Boogs wrote:
INH has caught me attention today for getting more serious all of a sudden and has been really rude to some players. I looked back and some of his earlier posts were not game related and kind of "I'm here and let me goof off" non helpful . It caught my eye.
I act serious in some posts, and less in some other. I created a giant spreadsheet analyzing FZ's and MP's posts, but that apparently is not game related to you.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I agree that SpaceDaisy popping up in the thread as soon as she is mentioned as replaceable is pingy. If was legit not around, she wouldn't have seen it, which means she was either lurking or someone told her to check in.

Lizzy hasn't posted since Day 5, and the vast majority of her action was on Day 2. She swung back and forth between defending and accusing Mongoose a few times, so I am wary of her.

Let's look at some vote records:

Lizzy: No vote, K4J, Boogs, Boogs, Mongoose, No vote. Not exactly exemplary.
MetalMarsh: Disgruntled Porcupine, Elohcin, Elohcin, Mongoose, Mongoose, No vote. Probably not on Elohcin's team, but could still be bad.
SpaceDaisy: INH, FZ, Boogs, Mongoose, No Vote, Boogs, Boogs. One vote for a baddie in there, but tough to deduce anything.

I think Lizzy looks the worst out of these three.

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

insertnamehere wrote:
Boogs wrote:
I act serious in some posts, and less in some other. I created a giant spreadsheet analyzing FZ's and MP's posts, but that apparently is not game related to you.
You did that Day 2 I think and haven't said much about it since? It didn't make much sense to me anyway. But did you create to help us Civs, or did you create to track the opposing Goblin team for yourself and teammates? :eye:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Boogs wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Boogs wrote:
You did that Day 2 I think and haven't said much about it since? It didn't make much sense to me anyway. But did you create to help us Civs, or did you create to track the opposing Goblin team for yourself and teammates? :eye:
I have been hosting a game from about Day 2 to now.

Fill in the blanks.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:I agree that SpaceDaisy popping up in the thread as soon as she is mentioned as replaceable is pingy. If was legit not around, she wouldn't have seen it, which means she was either lurking or someone told her to check in.

Lizzy hasn't posted since Day 5, and the vast majority of her action was on Day 2. She swung back and forth between defending and accusing Mongoose a few times, so I am wary of her.

Let's look at some vote records:

Lizzy: No vote, K4J, Boogs, Boogs, Mongoose, No vote. Not exactly exemplary.
MetalMarsh: Disgruntled Porcupine, Elohcin, Elohcin, Mongoose, Mongoose, No vote. Probably not on Elohcin's team, but could still be bad.
SpaceDaisy: INH, FZ, Boogs, Mongoose, No Vote, Boogs, Boogs. One vote for a baddie in there, but tough to deduce anything.

I think Lizzy looks the worst out of these three.
It's so hard right now with possibly all 4 other Goblins alive on the Goblin Town team to connect anything since we haven't lynched one of them yet. So it's like a needle in a haystack for the last possible alive Moria Goblin :/

Would Daisy's behavior be enough to have you possibly join me in a vote for her turning up bad today? I find Capt Bunny's excuse of being her roommate a cop-out because she has had time to check the game and what better way to jump on me than if Daisy had a teammate to tell her what had been going on and to vote me? I just don't believe a Civ would neglect reading the forum to catch up from several absent days than to just throw down a vote 2 times on someone hard without relying it on, "Boogs I suspected 2 weeks ago when I was playing and so I think he still is bad and I'm gonna just vote him and not see what has been happening or who has died in this game from my absence!"
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

insertnamehere wrote:
Boogs wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Boogs wrote:
I have been hosting a game from about Day 2 to now.

Fill in the blanks.
I hate to break it to you, but I have also been hosting a game myself and have real life things too as do all players here. How does Day 2 up til now vouch for your silence and help on this spreadsheet your supposingly made to help us?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Hosting a game doesn't keep you from this game and posting and accusing as you have, right INH? I think that's an easy excuse out.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boogs wrote: Would Daisy's behavior be enough to have you possibly join me in a vote for her turning up bad today?
I have a lot of reading and thinking to do before I make up my mind. I'll be honest, I'm terrified that you are suckering me into saving you and then you will turn out to be bad. But I don't think you are.

I'll consider it, but no promises right now.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

thellama73 wrote:I agree that SpaceDaisy popping up in the thread as soon as she is mentioned as replaceable is pingy. If was legit not around, she wouldn't have seen it, which means she was either lurking or someone told her to check in.
CBK posted this earlier:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:On that note, I feel that I should give some rl context, so that it doesn't get her into trouble. I knew what was going on with Daisy, because we live together. I saw that she was about to be replaced. She jumped back in, because I warned her about it. I don't have any info on her alignment. Just clearing up a potential unfair misunderstanding.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:Also I think Epig ignored all my comments about him possibly being Smaug because he doesn't want to draw attention to the idea.
I absolutely do not want to draw attention to the idea. Correct.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

fingersplints wrote:
CBK posted this earlier:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:On that note, I feel that I should give some rl context, so that it doesn't get her into trouble. I knew what was going on with Daisy, because we live together. I saw that she was about to be replaced. She jumped back in, because I warned her about it. I don't have any info on her alignment. Just clearing up a potential unfair misunderstanding.
I realize that was posted, but you also have to consider if Daisy had teammates that told her as well as Her roommate. It's just too convenient for me.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Boogs wrote:Hosting a game doesn't keep you from this game and posting and accusing as you have, right INH? I think that's an easy excuse out.
Seriously?

OK, I'll explain. I only have a certain amount of time per day to allocate to mafia.

When a person hosts a game it takes up time.

My top priority is to ensure that the game is fun, and that the players enjoy it. Everything else is secondary. If you look at past games I have participated in while I hosted, you will see that my activity is generally low during those times.

This is not a complex idea, and yet you seem to find it suspicious.

For this entire game, I have been hounded by people clinging onto bizarre minute little things, and wanting to lynch me over them. It's gotten very frustrating.

Kind of like what you claim to be, huh Boogs?

Only I don't have a circle of friends to back me up.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

insertnamehere wrote:
Boogs wrote:Hosting a game doesn't keep you from this game and posting and accusing as you have, right INH? I think that's an easy excuse out.
Seriously?

OK, I'll explain. I only have a certain amount of time per day to allocate to mafia.

My top priority is to ensure that the game is fun, and that the players enjoy it. Everything else is secondary. If you look at past games I have participated in while I hosted, you will see that my activity is generally low during those times.

For this entire game, I have been hounded by people clinging onto bizarre minute little things, and wanting to lynch me over them. It's gotten very frustrating.

I'm just saying I've hosted 2 games also since Hobbit started and I think that's an easy way out and doesn't give an excuse why you can use your time to accuse me or someone or be silly and rude on here with your posts, but you've dropped all HELP for the group as you "so noble like" gave us when MP died, then tried to connect the dots to the other Moria Goblins. With 1 possibly left, you've stopped helping and have been just Blearghhhh here to be honest. If I can host a game and make time when I'm the one under constant suspicion, then you should too when you haven't even really been posting help.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Boogs - my evaluation of you the other day revealed nothing pingy to me, and I'm sorry I haven't been more vocal about it than just the last time I posted (I'm an observer in RL and that carries over into mafia) :hug: I still feel that way, and I've noticed you have on several occasions mentioned looking at the same people that others have "forgotten" (Daisy, for instance) since earlier in the game that people seem to ignore. That smells fishy to me, and I'll be taking a look at them today, too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Ahem, because Daisy is a very good friend of mine in RL, I would like to please direct your attention to this:
And this:
Spacedaisy wrote:So.... I owe you all an apology and explanation.

My co manager fell and hurt herself on the job. Which means I am basically running the store by myself. I just got a co manager trainee two days ago, and my shift leader trainee is moved up to a fll fledged shift leader. But they are both still so new and unsure of themselves it still leaves me with a lot of work. I am on Day 8 of a nine day run right now. And quite honestly, I am just completely run down physically and mentally. That is why I have been AWOL. I really don't want replaced though. So if you will give me a chance I would like to continue.
This seems to have been overlooked in the recent flurry activity.

Speaking of, I thought the vote ended today; I got my day/night timeline all confused with the weird short night. That being said, I am going to take a break from the thread since it has been a bit tense as of late.

AP, how is your computer situation? I want to come after you next, but feel like you should be able to defend yourself. :p
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Boogs wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
CBK posted this earlier:
I realize that was posted, but you also have to consider if Daisy had teammates that told her as well as Her roommate. It's just too convenient for me.
Yea I know, just thought it was worth noting. It can easily be a cover as well.
Gro-oo-ovy
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Boogs wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Seriously?

I'm just saying I've hosted 2 games also since Hobbit started and I think that's an easy way out and doesn't give an excuse why you can use your time to accuse me or someone or be silly and rude on here with your posts, but you've dropped all HELP for the group as you "so noble like" gave us when MP died, then tried to connect the dots to the other Moria Goblins. With 1 possibly left, you've stopped helping and have been just Blearghhhh here to be honest. If I can host a game and make time when I'm the one under constant suspicion, then you should too when you haven't even really been posting help.
Are you kidding me?

Is this a joke?

Before this conversation, I had no real opinion on you either way, but now I'm really beginning to raise my proverbial eyebrow.

I'll explain once again, this incredibly simple concept.

Are you ready?

SOME PEOPLE HAVE MORE TIME THAN OTHERS

Does that make sense to you?

You may have enough time to host and post often in a game, but I don't. This may come as a shock to you, but everyone else is not exactly like you. Some people may have personal problems, some may have a busy social life, some may have a time intensive job. Some may go on trips, some may lose power.

Some are short.

Some are tall.

This doesn't mean anything.

If I sound overly defensive, that's because I am. From Day 1, people have been using BS excuses to suspect me, and the only person who trusted me, or thought it was odd, turned out to be a baddie. Instead of just posting jokes and ignoring things, mostly because of time constraints, I'm actually trying to defend myself.

And look where it got me.

Now people are interrogating me over the fact that when I hosted a game, I was busy.

I think it's easy to see why I'm getting frustrated.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

This game is getting a nasty edge to it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Hey Boogs your latest defence seems heartfelt so if I was not to vote you, who do you recommend I vote for?

Calling us all assholes has kind of put a downer on my feelings about you though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 10

Post by S~V~S »

WOW~!!

It's nice to know I am loved SO MUCH~ I have gotten like over a dozen PMs in the last 36 hours or so.

Thank you so much for bitching to me and not to each other (because nothing kills the funny like bitching, am I right?) :hugs:

And for those of you who still have not gotten the memo, keep the snark and the attitude out of the thread please. Russti is working hard hosting this awesome game, and it isn't fair to him to make him have to deal with bullshit; he needs all his time to come up with ways to give out gold.

Thank You, and keep those PMs coming (seriously, it makes me feel needed
:lorab: )
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Snow Dog wrote:Hey Boogs your latest defence seems heartfelt so if I was not to vote you, who do you recommend I vote for?

Calling us all assholes has kind of put a downer on my feelings about you though.
When did I call you an a**hole?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

And SpaceDaisy or Lizzy, or INH seem like the best candidates that could be bad if you chose not to vote me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

For the record, I think INH's defense is completely valid. Hosting a game is hard work and tkes up a lot of time. I'm not interested in voting for hi today. Leaning more towards Lizzy.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I don't suspect inh for being busier and hosting a game, but that doesn't change my other suspicions of him. I'm sorry that he is getting upset now as well.
Lizzy has been on my ? list for a while. She has seemed blendy to me, but problem is that isn't a very solid suspicion at this point. I still have to reread her.
Gro-oo-ovy
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

S~V~S wrote:Russti needs all his time to come up with ways to give out gold. :lorab: )
This is so true. :llama: <--- Rich Uncle Pennybags, this time.
:hugs:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Russti needs all his time to come up with ways to give out gold. :lorab: )
No, that's me. :)

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
So are you saying you're the source of all the gold Russti's been handing out? Only one reason I can see for that. Rich Uncle Smaug! :noble:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
So are you saying you're the source of all the gold Russti's been handing out? Only one reason I can see for that. Rich Uncle Smaug! :noble:
Well, I have been quite the bounty for certain goblin thieves. How I hate them.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Well, I have been quite the bounty for certain goblin thieves. How I hate them.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Honestly, I don't feel suspicious enough of anyone to vote based on it :/
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:Honestly, I don't feel suspicious enough of anyone to vote based on it :/
I am struggling with the same problem. The remaining players are either low posters or people who I can't seem to read very well.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Hedgeowl wrote:Image
:haha:

This is ridiculously cute.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

I guess my hard drive and keyboard are dead, I dunno how long it will take me to replace them/the whole laptop, so if i'm not able to be here that's still why. Also, for once I think the person getting votes is suspicious enough to cast one myself, so I did.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

A Person wrote:I guess my hard drive and keyboard are dead, I dunno how long it will take me to replace them/the whole laptop, so if i'm not able to be here that's still why. Also, for once I think the person getting votes is suspicious enough to cast one myself, so I did.
Thanks for the update, AP. Do you want me to replace you, or are you still hoping to get back in the game?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

Again with the apologies, I'm so sorry I have missed yet another vote, I haven't done that even when I was traveling abroad, but that's how it is. Russti, I'm really sorry about this, but I can't handle a mafia game at the moment, so if you can find a replacement for me, that would be great. :hug:

Return to “Previous Jobs”