63%

Total votes: 8
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 7

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:Wlcome back Juliets.

Ok I am obviously shit at this game. I have concentrated so much on my conviction that poor Boogs was bad I am not sure who else is suspect.

The fact that Epignosis led the hunt on lynching two baddies from the same team doesn't rule him out from being on the Town Goblin team does it?

Also any baddies amongst the Boogs voters possibly? I mean besides me and CBK who were after him from the beginning for genuine reasons I believe.
PING PING PING PING!
Snow Dog wrote:Are people going for AP again?
:evileye:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Ok I am obviously shit at this game. I have concentrated so much on my conviction that poor Boogs was bad I am not sure who else is suspect.

Also any baddies amongst the Boogs voters possibly? I mean besides me and CBK who were after him from the beginning for genuine reasons I believe.
Nope. No possibility at all.
Snow Dog wrote:The fact that Epignosis led the hunt on lynching two baddies from the same team doesn't rule him out from being on the Town Goblin team does it?
You know who else isn't cleared from being a Townie Goblin? Literally everyone.
Yes, let's egg on a lynch train on someone else as long as it isn't you.

++++

Consider Snow Dog's post:

There's a possibility I'm a Townie Goblin when in fact there is a possibility anyone right now is a Townie Goblin. But for some reason, he raises my name. However, because he and CBK voted for Boogs out of "genuine reasons," that precludes him and her from being bad.

Logic, folks.

++++

Addendum: Hi Dom. :noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:

The fact that Epignosis led the hunt on lynching two baddies from the same team doesn't rule him out from being on the Town Goblin team does it?

PING PING PING PING!
I'm inclined to agree with you Dom. That post felt insincere and a little too eager to go after AP again.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

kneel4justice wrote: Welcome back!
I think someone mentioned lynching her or AP because they needed to be replaced as a way to get out of lynching Boogs, for some reason people felt good about Boogs. I'm not quite sure if they were good at reading Boog's playstyle or they were part of the team that hasn't lost any members and just didn't think Boogs was the remaining member.
I don't like to entertain the idea of lynching those who are going to be modkilled, but I was starting to get a bit suspicious of Lizzy because of her suspicion related to me. She was suspicious of me for something I didn't think made all that much sense (because originally I didn't mention Epi and instead said I thought I knew who I would vote vote and later changed my mind), and kind of refused to accept my explanation. So, I'm still cautious of her/you, now. She sided against me pretty hard in the FZ debate although FZ had done something similar to what I had done and FZ herself was saying it wasn't abnormal of us. So I'm really not sure, originally I felt it was genuine but looking back, IDK.
AP didn't get votes for needing to be replaced. He was put forward as a better lynch candidate than Boogs based on his evasive and blendy voting behaviours being quite suspicious.
Snow Dog wrote:

I wouldn't say you're that bad at mafia Snow, I think you make quite a good baddie :P

Epig isn't ruled out as bad, but then again nor is anyone else. Also definitely baddies amongst the Boogswagoners definitely. It was an easy case to latch on to and hide in the bandwagon as a blendy baddie. That said, I see no reason to exclude you or CBK either. All of you could do with a good looking at I think.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote: Consider Snow Dog's post:

There's a possibility I'm a Townie Goblin when in fact there is a possibility anyone right now is a Townie Goblin. But for some reason, he raises my name. However, because he and CBK voted for Boogs out of "genuine reasons," that precludes him and her from being bad.

Logic, folks.
I did think it was off how he threw your name specifically out there as a goblin but didn't really back it up with anything more than stating the obvious. Combined with throwing out AP as someone to easily bandwagon tomorrow (because he did get 7 votes today, seems reasonable to assume he could get more next time) and throwing every Boogs voter but himself and CBK under the bus, Snow is getting my attention quickly.

Going back to the Boogs voters for a second, Snow was last to vote. He now says that only he and CBK had genuine reasons to vote Boogs. Therefore he voted for someone who had five 'non-genuine' votes when Snow threw his down. Why would you vote for someone when you think most of their voters weren't voting for genuine reasons?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:Going back to the Boogs voters for a second, Snow was last to vote. He now says that only he and CBK had genuine reasons to vote Boogs. Therefore he voted for someone who had five 'non-genuine' votes when Snow threw his down. Why would you vote for someone when you think most of their voters weren't voting for genuine reasons?

An excellent point.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:

PING PING PING PING!
I'm inclined to agree with you Dom. That post felt insincere and a little too eager to go after AP again.
It was sincere. And was it eager? I am simply posing the question. I mentioned Epi because be it was praying on my mind. I am not bad but if I was I would be foolish to be so single minded on boogs. I thought he was Smaug to be honest. There now you know how silly I was.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Going back to the Boogs voters for a second, Snow was last to vote. He now says that only he and CBK had genuine reasons to vote Boogs. Therefore he voted for someone who had five 'non-genuine' votes when Snow threw his down. Why would you vote for someone when you think most of their voters weren't voting for genuine reasons?

An excellent point.
Well I didn't know Boogs wasn't bad at the time obviously
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok I think i know what happens now....
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

thank you k4j, I vaguely remember that you thought you were going to vote someone but then didn't and i also vaguely recall that I didn't read it as baddie. I'll review Lizzy's posts (should have done that yesterday in fact) and look for that suspicion to see if I can understand more about her reasons. I also want to understand why her vote went to Boogs because her reasons didn't stick with me when I was reading along.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

To echo what some have said it wasn't just that they wanted to be replaced. For me that was a factor, but I thought both Lizzy and AP were suspicious (both pretty blendy and have a bad voting history) , and I thought Boogs was a certain civvie role.
Gro-oo-ovy
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

fingersplints wrote:To echo what some have said it wasn't just that they wanted to be replaced. For me that was a factor, but I thought both Lizzy and AP were suspicious (both pretty blendy and have a bad voting history) , and I thought Boogs was a certain civvie role.
ok thanks splints.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

juliets wrote:thank you k4j, I vaguely remember that you thought you were going to vote someone but then didn't and i also vaguely recall that I didn't read it as baddie. I'll review Lizzy's posts (should have done that yesterday in fact) and look for that suspicion to see if I can understand more about her reasons. I also want to understand why her vote went to Boogs because her reasons didn't stick with me when I was reading along.
Her vote yesterday? iirc when she voted Boogs was before it was decided AP was getting the vote not her, so it could be she had to leave and thought it was going down to her and Boogs.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Yes, let's egg on a lynch train on someone else as long as it isn't you.
++++

Logic, folks.
++++
:noble:
I'm glad we are on the same page.
Bullzeye wrote:
Going back to the Boogs voters for a second, Snow was last to vote. He now says that only he and CBK had genuine reasons to vote Boogs. Therefore he voted for someone who had five 'non-genuine' votes when Snow threw his down. Why would you vote for someone when you think most of their voters weren't voting for genuine reasons?
This is a very good point, Bullz. And what made those votes "in genuine"

I also asked Snow Dog who the "shady" people voting A Person were... he never answered.

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

An excellent point.
How does this affect how you view these votes in terms of genuineness?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

The Epi-Dom post gave me lulz. Since Snow Dog was bringing up next moves, he seems to have become the target of everyones focus. How do you all feel about CBK and other Boogs voters in light of the result?

I agree Snows recent posts dont read well, but I am also curious why 4 people suddenly jumped on it at once.

Some thoughts to consider in light of who Boogs was. As for the Elves we dont know whether they are indy, civ, or baddie at this point. The Wood elf points seem to be the determining factor. What I am curious about is if baddies are told if the wood elves can only win with them or not and at what point. That alliance would be greatly worrisome, but I tend to think that wouldnt be the case now in the game. What do others think re: wood elves?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:The Epi-Dom post gave me lulz. Since Snow Dog was bringing up next moves, he seems to have become the target of everyones focus. How do you all feel about CBK and other Boogs voters in light of the result?

I agree Snows recent posts dont read well, but I am also curious why 4 people suddenly jumped on it at once.

Some thoughts to consider in light of who Boogs was. As for the Elves we dont know whether they are indy, civ, or baddie at this point. The Wood elf points seem to be the determining factor. What I am curious about is if baddies are told if the wood elves can only win with them or not and at what point. That alliance would be greatly worrisome, but I tend to think that wouldnt be the case now in the game. What do others think re: wood elves?
That they'll probably try to win with the civs like every other neutral team ever has because it's nearly impossible to coordinate a victory with baddies when you don't know who they are and they're busy trying to kill you since they don't know your role or intentions. I don't think the neutrals are a threat, but if I were one I wouldn't be inclined to help CBK or Snow right now. I'd rather worry about the actual baddies. Besides, if people start hunting down the neutrals in the thread then they're definitely going to not want to win with the civs are they?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I know say this every game, but Hedgeowl is coming off increasingly squirrely to me. I must do a reread.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 7 -- Death from Above

The group, demoralized, and worn out from their quick eviction from the city, decided to rest on the riverbank that night.

Just as they were getting out of their boats to set up camp, the thign they had been fearing most happened: Smaug sped out through the gates, on the hunt.

Luckily, there was an outcrop of tumbled stones nearby, doubtless cast there by the dragon years ago. The group sought cover. Smaug flew by, on the hunt. He had not expected them to leave Lake-Town so quickly, or to be so close to his lair already. In his rage, he blew gouts of flame heedlessly across swaths of already-scorched rock. One of these gouts hit the river, just as Lea was climbing out of the boat and onto shore. The flame missed her by a hair's breadth, but it turned the water all around her to steam, and she was boiled alive.

The rest of the group spent the night fearfully huddled under the rocks. Most of them never slept a wink, so the watch that night was kept carefully. At one point, though, >SpaghettiEverywhere left the camp site to go to the bathroom in privacy. A large, suspiciously-timed rock bounded down from a cliff face near where he was standing, and squashed him flat. Upon inspection, it was determined that the rock had been dislodged by a small bit of dynamite. "Goblins," said Turnip Head 2.0, shaking his head. "The damn goblins did this to him."

Leamiteo has been killed by Smaug.
>SpaghettiEverywhere has been killed by the Misty Mountains Goblins.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 8

Post by thellama73 »

It has been a real bloodbath around here lately. RIP, you two.
I hope Smaug is at least getting a baddie or two.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Bullzeye wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:The Epi-Dom post gave me lulz. Since Snow Dog was bringing up next moves, he seems to have become the target of everyones focus. How do you all feel about CBK and other Boogs voters in light of the result?

That they'll probably try to win with the civs like every other neutral team ever has because it's nearly impossible to coordinate a victory with baddies when you don't know who they are and they're busy trying to kill you since they don't know your role or intentions. I don't think the neutrals are a threat, but if I were one I wouldn't be inclined to help CBK or Snow right now. I'd rather worry about the actual baddies. Besides, if people start hunting down the neutrals in the thread then they're definitely going to not want to win with the civs are they?
I think the elves are civ friendly. In any game, like you said, it makes more sense for them to help the civvies. Then you add in this game started off with three baddie lynches lol Makes no sense to assume they are hostile at this point. As long as we don't lynch anymore I think they will keep helping us
linki: RIPIYWG Leamiteo and >SpaghettiEverywhere :(
Gro-oo-ovy
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Many people did not post tonight, and PMs were missed....the host is displeased.

PMs should all be out, though. Day post coming momentarily.

Also, AP is being replaced at his request. I have a sub lined up, but have to PM them to ask if they are still in. So don't vote AP today; that player's lynch immunity starts now, and they will have NK protection tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience that causes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Smiend!! Cu, yooo, Cug! :( frieamamieoooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :( Curiteamiend!!!! Leamamite Le frse :( frseooooou, :( Noo!!!!!!!!! Smiteaursend!! :( frsend! Cu, friend! Smiend!! :( :( Cug!!!!! you, yooourseamamieoug!!! Le :( :( frse Curse yoooug!!!!!!!!!!! :( Smau, Smamiend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( Cu, Nooooooooooooooo! Nooooooo, :( No!!!!!!!!!! frite Smaug!!!! Cug!!!!!!! :( Cu, Lend! :( Lend!!! :( Noou, :( Leoou, :( Cug!! yoo!!!!! :( :( :( Le Nooooooug!!! :( Curse Le yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Yes, let's egg on a lynch train on someone else as long as it isn't you.
++++

Logic, folks.
++++
:noble:
I'm glad we are on the same page.
Bullzeye wrote:
This is a very good point, Bullz. And what made those votes "in genuine"

I also asked Snow Dog who the "shady" people voting A Person were... he never answered.

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

An excellent point.
How does this affect how you view these votes in terms of genuineness?
Well as boogs turned out not baddie I was obviously wrong about the shady voters.

The last point I don't quite understand.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Wow, Smaug is just rampant. We gotta find him folks!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Wow, Smaug is just rampant. We gotta find him folks!
Okay, let's start with you. I am "leading" the lynch of you, old buddy! Sorry, but hopefully this will convince those who have been skeptical of me that I am on the side of good.

Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Smaumau You jumaug goooug jugoug toood????????? Yoo ooook od????? on Smaumpingon Smpin jumau Yok Yod? jumau loumping god? g jumaumaug Smpin jumpin Yod?? jug Smpin Yok lo ju go Yon oon toong jumpin g tong ongod?????????? loon Yok long Yo lo ton tod??? ju Yoon Yoong Smpin Yod??? Yo lon Smau jugod?? Smaumpingod??? ooooug jug tooo jumpingoook Youmau Smpingo toooook ju Smaumpingo g oon lo ju g toood? toumping jug ju ju Yon Smpin loo oooook g Smau loug Yo ju You od???? Smaugooumaumau Smping Smau Smpingo
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

thellama73 wrote:
Okay, let's start with you. I am "leading" the lynch of you, old buddy! Sorry, but hopefully this will convince those who have been skeptical of me that I am on the side of good.
Are you saying you think he is Smaug? Or just bad
Gro-oo-ovy
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 8 -- Foothills

The stream dwindled as the group, exhausted, paddled further up the next morning. Luckily, they were still hevaily provisioned, but hope was in short supply, and many a bag could be found under weary eyes that had not dared close in the night. Eventually, the group came to a place where the boats could not pass, and were forced to continue on foot.

The massive mountain still loomed ahead, and all around it the land became hillier. They grey, lifeless landscape looked almost scorched with fire in the afternoon sun, except in the mountain's vast shadow.

So as they walked, seemingly ever on, seeing not a sign of life, the group talked about who among their number could be responsible for all the murders.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I think the elves are civ friendly. In any game, like you said, it makes more sense for them to help the civvies. Then you add in this game started off with three baddie lynches lol Makes no sense to assume they are hostile at this point. As long as we don't lynch anymore I think they will keep helping us
linki: RIPIYWG Leamiteo and >SpaghettiEverywhere :(
More strange talk.

I have already discussed the elves. It makes the most sense that they would strive to remain independent and thus able to win with anyone. Unfortunately for them, the Elf king gives Elf points (along with gold) to a player. Not a role. Not a faction. A player. Barring the influence of secrets, this means they do not know how their alignment is shifting until (presumably) they are told.

And this...

( :disappoint: )
fingersplints wrote:I think the elves are civ friendly.
I don't. The elves don't know who the civilians are. No one does.
fingersplints wrote:In any game, like you said, it makes more sense for them to help the civvies.
Why? Given the choice, I'd help the Mafia. You can't coordinate with the Mafia but you can't coordinate with the civilians either. But at least the Mafia a) know each other, and b) have a kill.

Again, however, the elves don't have a knowledgeable choice.
fingersplints wrote:Then you add in this game started off with three baddie lynches lol Makes no sense to assume they are hostile at this point.
lol, Because there's only one team of Goblins. :evileye:
fingersplints wrote:As long as we don't lynch anymore I think they will keep helping us
Name: ____________
Date: ____________
Period: ___________

1. Who is "us?"

2. How have the elves helped "us?"

3. How do the elves know who "us" is?

4. Why do you assume such a they will continue to help "us" if "we" don't lynch anymore of them?

Bonus question: How do you know how to not lynch an elf?

Turn in your paper by the end of the period. Be sure to use complete sentences and back up your response with evidence from the text.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
I am not so convinced you are good. I was at first but I am less certain now. I am not Smaug I thought Boogs was. I am not bad at all. Just misguided. But Smaug is certainly laughing at us because we obviously have absolutely no idea who he is. So if you want another Mongoose situation then go ahead and get that bandwagon rolling.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

RIPIYWG Leamiteo and SpaghettiEverywhere. I was neutral, not leaning good or bad on both of you, but I hope at least one of you was bad.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Art Contest

Gimme some Smaug! Art depicting the dragon may earn you a prize of 100, 200, or even 300 gold today!

I would like to invite >SpaghettiEverywhere (and all deadies) to participate as well, though of course they will not be eligible for prizes.

Keep in mind the riddle contest is still ongoing, as well.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

fingersplints wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Does it matter?

>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 31

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

i was going to post something but then i realized i was dead
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

thellama73 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Does it matter?
Well, yes. I think you are good, so I'm willing to listen to you but I have a different person in mind for smaug.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Hedgeowl wrote: Some thoughts to consider in light of who Boogs was. As for the Elves we dont know whether they are indy, civ, or baddie at this point. The Wood elf points seem to be the determining factor. What I am curious about is if baddies are told if the wood elves can only win with them or not and at what point. That alliance would be greatly worrisome, but I tend to think that wouldnt be the case now in the game. What do others think re: wood elves?
Orly?

I think we should treat the Elves as they are neutral. I do not think, at least at this point, we should actively try and seek them out.

However, your attempt to create the idea that the wood elves are now aligned with the baddies and we should panic is duly noted.
Snow Dog wrote: Well as boogs turned out not baddie I was obviously wrong about the shady voters.

The last point I don't quite understand.
Yes, you were wrong, but who were they?
Your thought process doesn't make any sense here.
You were wrong about them. So... were they only shady for voting not-boogs? But that wouldn't make sense, because you implied they were shady, THEN voted not Boogs, THUS you didn't feel any better about not voting boogs. So... who were they? Why are they suspicious. Your post indicated that they were already suspicious. Your current talk does not. Please, explain this contradiction.
translated by Google™ :
Wow, please lynch anyone but me!

Splints, who do you have in mind for smaug?
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Snoks loks low toks too Snoks low lo loks toow bad bad bad Sno me. tow low me. bad loo to bad me.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Red my Red med Booogst my agst Bogst Boogs. Bogstect ains. Redirect Rent againt argstedint Bogumectenst args.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Now buddyito try try No me. udy No w wing w uddddy me. to me. w th Nowith udyith No th with wing w Nowitrying budy Now towing me.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Ang on focug on An Smausin focusind Smausind Ang. Ang ocug. And Smausind Ang. ocug Smaug fond Smausing. ond ocug. Ang. Smausind Smausind Smaug. ocusing. focusing Smaug Smaug And fong Smausing Smausing focusing An focusing.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow looks bad to you, CBK? If yes, please respond with words that only begin with the letter y. If no, please respond with words that only begin with the letter n. (Yes or no would suffice :p)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Russtifinko wrote: Goblin Torturer
Goblin specializing in making and using instruments of torture.
Insanifies a player each night.
:hmm:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
fingersplints wrote:As long as we don't lynch anymore I think they will keep helping us

1. Who is "us?"

4. Why do you assume such a they will continue to help "us" if "we" don't lynch anymore of them?

Turn in your paper by the end of the period. Be sure to use complete sentences and back up your response with evidence from the text.
I laughed quite a bit too much at this.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

yay yos, yogurti, y yerds, yardayellost, yayep, yayep, yogurtep, yeteterds, yost, yow, yoy yellllloyayoy, y yep, yeterdayelogurds, y yet, yellos, yow, yep, yet, yardarti, yay yerds, y, yow, y, yay, y yelow, yayayest, yow, yes, yogurdsti, yeloyep, yayep, y, yogurdayos, yerds, yogurti, yoyay, yep, yards, yow, yayogurdarti, y, y yayayellllostert, yayelllllllos, y y yayayert, yardsterds, y yellow, yoyesti, yow, y yogurday, yostesti, y yelllos, yayoyogurds, yow, yes, yeti, y, yoy, y yay y, y, yerdayog
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Glad someone did

I'll be back later to respond
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:Glad someone did

I'll be back later to respond
It's the teacher in me. :blush:
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

1. Who is "us?"

I laughed quite a bit too much at this.
Me Me Me Me to to too to too Me to to toooo tooo tooo :D
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote: I have already discussed the elves. It makes the most sense that they would strive to remain independent and thus able to win with anyone. Unfortunately for them, the Elf king gives Elf points (along with gold) to a player. Not a role. Not a faction. A player. Barring the influence of secrets, this means they do not know how their alignment is shifting until (presumably) they are told.
I actually agree here. This makes perfect sense. It's always best to not pick a side at all as a neutral until late in the game.
I don't. The elves don't know who the civilians are. No one does.
Why? Given the choice, I'd help the Mafia. You can't coordinate with the Mafia but you can't coordinate with the civilians either. But at least the Mafia a) know each other, and b) have a kill.

Again, however, the elves don't have a knowledgeable choice.
The thing is, helping the mafia is really hard when you don't know who the mafia are. How would you do it? I'm genuinely curious. When I was neutral in Muppet Mafia I wanted our team to help the baddies but the others discussed how difficult that would be so we decided against it. It's easiest to play neutral as if you're a civvie, and actively hunt baddies. That way you get to fly by unsuspected and unharassed. In my experience neutrals win with baddies not by their own choice but because they happened to be alive when a baddie team won.

Trick question. All people are saying is we shouldn't actively go after them rather than actual baddies. Right now they have a maximum of two people, a guy who gives away free money and a guy whose power is vaguely defined but probably has multiple effects (some likely good, some likely bad). I'd hardly call them much of a threat.
Dom wrote: :evileye:
Orly?

I think we should treat the Elves as they are neutral. I do not think, at least at this point, we should actively try and seek them out.

However, your attempt to create the idea that the wood elves are now aligned with the baddies and we should panic is duly noted.
I agree. Does anyone else find it suspicious when people bring up neutral roles as people we should be hunting for? I always do.
Dom wrote:Snow looks bad to you, CBK? If yes, please respond with words that only begin with the letter y. If no, please respond with words that only begin with the letter n. (Yes or no would suffice :p)

CBK said yes
I find it funny that Snow's immediate reaction to the Boogs lynch was to throw under the bus all Boogs voters except himself and CBK, while CBK's reaction seems to be to throw Snow under it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullz, what do you think that says about CBK?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:
Trick question. All people are saying is we shouldn't actively go after them rather than actual baddies. Right now they have a maximum of two people, a guy who gives away free money and a guy whose power is vaguely defined but probably has multiple effects (some likely good, some likely bad). I'd hardly call them much of a threat.
Don't divorce this from its context or assume what "people" are saying. That is not what fingersplints was saying.

fingerspints made a number of assumptions about the elves, and concluded with the notion that if "we" don't lynch anymore of them, the elves will continue to be on "our" side. Unless you are an elf, you don't know how not to lynch an elf. If you are an elf, you don't know whose side you're on.

None of that passes the smell test.

Return to “Previous Jobs”