Bread Mafia [Game Over]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's getting baked today? (It takes 8 votes to hammer the bread)

Poll ended at Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Alison
33%
DaughterOfOmega
7%
DkKoba
No votes
Esooa
7%
Grogu
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Made
No votes
Michelle
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
nutella
20%
staypositivefriend
No votes
tutuu
No votes
No Bake
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Croissant!!! (Host, Mods, Nonplayers, Deads)
33%

Total votes: 15
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 510

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 0]

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:26 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 am Nanook is hitting his town markers imo. I always struggle to verbalize it, but, dude is kind of incapable of randing scum. The meme was that I never randed scum but tbh I've only see him scum once ever. I think it's silly of me that he keeps randing town and I keep having him as null-to-lean-scummy every single game. I think I should be able to read him better. I'm going to go ahead and say that he's town.
tutuu town
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Good thing I turned post preview on temporarily. I was able to see the demand to turn it off before posting my announcement. :dark:

It has been turned off again.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 am Nanook is hitting his town markers imo. I always struggle to verbalize it, but, dude is kind of incapable of randing scum. The meme was that I never randed scum but tbh I've only see him scum once ever. I think it's silly of me that he keeps randing town and I keep having him as null-to-lean-scummy every single game. I think I should be able to read him better. I'm going to go ahead and say that he's town.
tutuu town
tutuu town
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 505
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

400 posts and Mac hasn’t even graced us with his presence yet smh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am I'm getting a sort of Martin/Glorfindel love-child vibe from DaughterOfOmega -- formal diction of a sort that is easy to read as stilted even when it isn't.

i have no alignment read though
I have no problem with their tone.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

Marmot wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am Good thing I turned post preview on temporarily. I was able to see the demand to turn it off before posting my announcement. :dark:

It has been turned off again.
Thank you ❤️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am
tutuu town
tutuu town
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 535

Post by staypositivefriend »

not sure that daughterofomega's angle as scum facing pressure would be to out a read on alison like that. that's a p cocky thing for her to do as maf
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 826
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

lmao nook has been scum a ton fmpov but i guess a lot of that was before your time and also shit like philosophers just weighs heavily in the mind lol

but i think he's prob town here yeah
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:25 am
Ok I’m pocketed

Not cause you’re townreading me

Cause you said hitting town markers and that’s my go to phrase when reading you so

Pocket accepted
lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 794
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nanook, alison, and dkkoba are as confident as i am going to be about day 0 town reads. and i don't lack for confidence :goofp:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:25 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:56 am both michelle and daughterofomega have given weird townreads of made that are out of tune with the rest of the thread

is that just the team lmao
Sometimes you have to realize that the evil want to fit in and gain the innocent's favor. You want to attack the people on their own, or giving takes that put themselves outside of the majority. This is something that some town do, because their ideas and thoughts are genuine, and instead of tailoring their responses to gain credit, they just say what is true to them.
Any credit given to this slot for posting thoughts that go against the grain should be revoked because they are clearly aware it is a townie thing to do and are fishing for cred for it
I find this post very awkward. The perspective of it is what bothers me. The focus of the post is trying to limit any town cred I could potentially receive. Though this person has been around the entire thread and would know that not a single person has given me town cred for going against the grain, if this had been a topic of discussion prior, then the idea being a genuine thought from an innocent is possible. Though I've thought for a bit, since this had not been a prior read, what is a thought process that could lead someone to say this?

My short conclusion as of now is that Alison would potentially being an evil alignment, who is coming to the thread with a focus on denying innocents from achieving levels of good cred. I have sat here thinking of other focuses that would lead a town to posting this, which I haven't been able to see.
oh no it keeps happening

i just like

can't read this

aaaaaaaaaa
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 am
lmao nook has been scum a ton fmpov but i guess a lot of that was before your time and also shit like philosophers just weighs heavily in the mind lol

He has had the exact same record as me since philosophers to this day in terms of town rands vs scum rands on Syndicate. (Just 1 scum game). Yah.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella seems like good bread too. the course is set for a town stomp so y'all just keep doing your thang
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 am not sure that daughterofomega's angle as scum facing pressure would be to out a read on alison like that. that's a p cocky thing for her to do as maf
It's literally just them complaining about my aggro post and then OMGUSing me

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 am

I was scum 2 of my first 3 games here or something like that

But this past year I think I’ve only rolled mafia two or three times on syndicate and not since philosophers I don’t think
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:25 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:56 am both michelle and daughterofomega have given weird townreads of made that are out of tune with the rest of the thread

is that just the team lmao
Sometimes you have to realize that the evil want to fit in and gain the innocent's favor. You want to attack the people on their own, or giving takes that put themselves outside of the majority. This is something that some town do, because their ideas and thoughts are genuine, and instead of tailoring their responses to gain credit, they just say what is true to them.
Any credit given to this slot for posting thoughts that go against the grain should be revoked because they are clearly aware it is a townie thing to do and are fishing for cred for it
I find this post very awkward. The perspective of it is what bothers me. The focus of the post is trying to limit any town cred I could potentially receive. Though this person has been around the entire thread and would know that not a single person has given me town cred for going against the grain, if this had been a topic of discussion prior, then the idea being a genuine thought from an innocent is possible. Though I've thought for a bit, since this had not been a prior read, what is a thought process that could lead someone to say this?

My short conclusion as of now is that Alison would potentially being an evil alignment, who is coming to the thread with a focus on denying innocents from achieving levels of good cred. I have sat here thinking of other focuses that would lead a town to posting this, which I haven't been able to see.
the more i look at this the harder it gets to process

but i'm pretty sure it's a bad take
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu
DkKoba

Esooa
NANOOK
Alison

I don’t think doo is that hard to understand tbh
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am I'm getting a sort of Martin/Glorfindel love-child vibe from DaughterOfOmega -- formal diction of a sort that is easy to read as stilted even when it isn't.

i have no alignment read though
yeah could just be a personality thing

hard for me to evaluate

but the alison take is not good
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

I feel like this is the kind of game where you just form a towncore and then roll them over with brute force

also where is LC
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 501
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

yo, what is the difference between a scum alison and town alison? my experence of meta there is reading both as well reasoned and making sense....and i think she's well reasoned and making sense this game.

is logic not alignment indicative for her? and if it's not...does that just means she wins or...?
Pov: you reading my takes
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:31 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 am not sure that daughterofomega's angle as scum facing pressure would be to out a read on alison like that. that's a p cocky thing for her to do as maf
It's literally just them complaining about my aggro post and then OMGUSing me
tbh i guess the reason it looks towny to me is for the same "TWTBAW" reasoning that esooa pointed out earlier - it's just so brazen that it's the opposite of how i expect wolves to react to that type of pressure

it's honestly probably a bad reason for me to townlean them
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@Alison Are you sure nutella isn't doing the thing you just described as her scum meta - expressing paranoia towards Daughter so as she gets to appear towny?

Currently locking in Michelle doo nutella and dk
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:31 am nutella seems like good bread too. the course is set for a town stomp so y'all just keep doing your thang
y?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 am yo, what is the difference between a scum alison and town alison?
There is none imo.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think my towncore is Dk, Esooa, JJJ, nutella, tutuu, maybe nook. Unless I am being completely outplayed this should be close enough to the truth (if not just the straight truth) to roll over the game given the players involved.

Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 am yo, what is the difference between a scum alison and town alison? my experence of meta there is reading both as well reasoned and making sense....and i think she's well reasoned and making sense this game.

is logic not alignment indicative for her? and if it's not...does that just means she wins or...?
We sheep mac blame him if he’s wrong
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i townlean nutella nanook alison dk and esooa so far in that exact order
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 am yo, what is the difference between a scum alison and town alison? my experence of meta there is reading both as well reasoned and making sense....and i think she's well reasoned and making sense this game.

Alison's gonna be logical. look for agenda

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 272

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

The actions someone take is what I find most important in mafia, and for me Alison's focus in the game has not helped town so far. It comes off as helping herself, and putting herself into a position of power, and not genuinely looking to read the game.

Though I'd like to read more of the game as it goes.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 am @Alison Are you sure nutella isn't doing the thing you just described as her scum meta - expressing paranoia towards Daughter so as she gets to appear towny?
I don't think nutella is faking paranoia about Daughter here, it's just a straight "this person is scum, here's why" case.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:36 am

Alison's gonna be logical. look for agenda
Stop.

Being.

HELPFUL :disappoint:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

yeah p much
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:38 am The actions someone take is what I find most important in mafia, and for me Alison's focus in the game has not helped town so far. It comes off as helping herself, and putting herself into a position of power, and not genuinely looking to read the game.

care to elaborate on what posts you feel have been trying to grab clout, or what takes I've given that you think are shallow and not really looking to read people?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I'm surprised that everyone has nutella in their towncore. I'm not seeing it.
EllieDelight
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 192

Post by EllieDelight »

omg how are there 9 pages already. im gonna try to catch up now
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I won't even attempt to read Long Con I think I'm 0/6 on my attempts to read him or something like that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:38 am The actions someone take is what I find most important in mafia, and for me Alison's focus in the game has not helped town so far. It comes off as helping herself, and putting herself into a position of power, and not genuinely looking to read the game.

strongly disagree, she's very much taken a town leader position in a good way imo. providing good takes and reasoned reads
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

p sure this game is gonna be like radiohead mafia where people start off being vaguely suspicious of me but then i claw my way into the towncore by helping to bury the mafia team

i'm peacing out for a bit, cya
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:35 am
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 am yo, what is the difference between a scum alison and town alison?
There is none imo.
EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 am omg how are there 9 pages already. im gonna try to catch up now
u don't need to catch up. nothing big has really happened tbh
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

like i think it's potentially reasonable to be paranoid of that if you think she could be controlling a narrative of certain reads, but since i agree with her on most of them i dont think so
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 am p sure this game is gonna be like radiohead mafia where people start off being vaguely suspicious of me but then i claw my way into the towncore by helping to bury the mafia team

i'm peacing out for a bit, cya
You better do, or else it might turn into a Grasslands :charlieblackmon: .
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 am I'm surprised that everyone has nutella in their towncore. I'm not seeing it.
I'm not seeing any trace of scum nutella and several traces of town nutella. No offense to nutella, but I think I am good enough at reading her that she wouldn't be able to fool me continuously for so long without giving me the slightest hint that something's up.

Also she's basically committed to hard sheeping me. So if she is scum then she's forced to townside right now and we'll just make her bus all her teammates and then catch her once we've proven there's a deepwolf.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella's play feels to me like a person who is following the development of the game, seeing it coalesce around an early consensus, and doing her part to promote that. there's a certain energy in this thread right now, and not everyone has it. the ones that do have it are town reads.

i'm sure that's vague, but whatever

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 am I'm surprised that everyone has nutella in their towncore. I'm not seeing it.
I'm not seeing any trace of scum nutella and several traces of town nutella. No offense to nutella, but I think I am good enough at reading her that she wouldn't be able to fool me continuously for so long without giving me the slightest hint that something's up.

Also she's basically committed to hard sheeping me. So if she is scum then she's forced to townside right now and we'll just make her bus all her teammates and then catch her once we've proven there's a deepwolf.
Okay, I will sheep you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am nutella's play feels to me like a person who is following the development of the game, seeing it coalesce around an early consensus, and doing her part to promote that. there's a certain energy in this thread right now, and not everyone has it. the ones that do have it are town reads.

yes
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am nutella's play feels to me like a person who is following the development of the game, seeing it coalesce around an early consensus, and doing her part to promote that. there's a certain energy in this thread right now, and not everyone has it. the ones that do have it are town reads.

I'm going to be honest - I think that you're scummy Jimbo but the last time we played I tunneled you a lot and I was wrong so I'm afraid to say it in case I'm wrong again.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:43 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am

Okay, I will sheep you.
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
i feel like i've played this game before, and i lost

Return to “Previous Heists”