Bread Mafia [Game Over]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's getting baked today? (It takes 8 votes to hammer the bread)

Poll ended at Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Alison
33%
DaughterOfOmega
7%
DkKoba
No votes
Esooa
7%
Grogu
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Made
No votes
Michelle
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
nutella
20%
staypositivefriend
No votes
tutuu
No votes
No Bake
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Croissant!!! (Host, Mods, Nonplayers, Deads)
33%

Total votes: 15
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 am p sure this game is gonna be like radiohead mafia where people start off being vaguely suspicious of me but then i claw my way into the towncore by helping to bury the mafia team

i'm peacing out for a bit, cya
I think the comparison to Radiohead is very apt because I have a lot of townreads near the start of the game and they're all mutually townreading each other too with only a few exceptions.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 510

Post by tutuu »

Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:44 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:43 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 am I'm surprised that everyone has nutella in their towncore. I'm not seeing it.
I'm not seeing any trace of scum nutella and several traces of town nutella. No offense to nutella, but I think I am good enough at reading her that she wouldn't be able to fool me continuously for so long without giving me the slightest hint that something's up.

Also she's basically committed to hard sheeping me. So if she is scum then she's forced to townside right now and we'll just make her bus all her teammates and then catch her once we've proven there's a deepwolf.
Okay, I will sheep you.
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
i feel like i've played this game before, and i lost
Lol
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 794
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am nutella's play feels to me like a person who is following the development of the game, seeing it coalesce around an early consensus, and doing her part to promote that. there's a certain energy in this thread right now, and not everyone has it. the ones that do have it are town reads.

i'm sure that's vague, but whatever
I'm going to be honest - I think that you're scummy Jimbo but the last time we played I tunneled you a lot and I was wrong so I'm afraid to say it in case I'm wrong again.
what's got you spooked toots
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 535

Post by staypositivefriend »

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:44 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 am p sure this game is gonna be like radiohead mafia where people start off being vaguely suspicious of me but then i claw my way into the towncore by helping to bury the mafia team

i'm peacing out for a bit, cya
I think the comparison to Radiohead is very apt because I have a lot of townreads near the start of the game and they're all mutually townreading each other too with only a few exceptions.
yeah it actually gives me extremely similar vibes, because i started out being broadly in everyones "null/sus" pile in that game and then gradually worked my way up as an extremely strong towncore formed

the only difference is that nutella is probably town this time
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also i will say that i dont find jagged ~that~ towny yet, but i'm withholding judgement. i don't know what's gonna cause me to make that judgement, but i think his alignment is gonna become more obvious to me as the day goes on
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:45 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am nutella's play feels to me like a person who is following the development of the game, seeing it coalesce around an early consensus, and doing her part to promote that. there's a certain energy in this thread right now, and not everyone has it. the ones that do have it are town reads.

I'm going to be honest - I think that you're scummy Jimbo but the last time we played I tunneled you a lot and I was wrong so I'm afraid to say it in case I'm wrong again.
It's hard to verbalize. I just read your posts and my gut reaction is to feel that they're manipulative.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 826
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:46 am also i will say that i dont find jagged ~that~ towny yet, but i'm withholding judgement. i don't know what's gonna cause me to make that judgement, but i think his alignment is gonna become more obvious to me as the day goes on
same
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 505
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

The towniest thing about jay is that he’s encouraging reads I think are good or mostly good and doing exactly nothing to stop a poe forming that potentially includes him
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

but his post about the threadvibes was a decent hit of town points
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:48 am The towniest thing about jay is that he’s encouraging reads I think are good or mostly good and doing exactly nothing to stop a poe forming that potentially includes him
this too

generally his attitude toward the thread is >rand town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:47 am It's hard to verbalize. I just read your posts and my gut reaction is to feel that they're manipulative.
okay. if you're town i think you'll come around.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 501
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

booting into sheep mode
:offtobed:
Pov: you reading my takes
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

my main poe is michelle/made/longcon/omega in roughly that order, then the zero posters as default poe, then tutuu bc i still feel kinda icky around half the time she says stuff
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:47 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:45 am

It's hard to verbalize. I just read your posts and my gut reaction is to feel that they're manipulative.
🐑
EllieDelight
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 192

Post by EllieDelight »

ok i give up on catching up. this is what i have to say instead:

Michelle, the only meta i have is that Ive spectated one game. Played one mafia where we won(some would say town was really bad that game but i like to think im just that good) And one town where we won.
Ive played all of those with Esooa, and she's fine at this game I guess, I think I know how to spot her mafia though so I'll pay attention to that.

And my pfp might count as anime(i pray not). Its a japanese game in an anime style but it's not a show or movie.

Also im Sourdough so im good.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 am my main poe is michelle/made/longcon/omega in roughly that order, then the zero posters as default poe, then tutuu bc i still feel kinda icky around half the time she says stuff
As if you ever felt non-icky about the way I choose to phrase my posts

I’d fight pretty hard against a Michelle kill tbh

I’m confident I’m good at reading her and she’s currently more townie than not
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 am my main poe is michelle/made/longcon/omega in roughly that order, then the zero posters as default poe, then tutuu bc i still feel kinda icky around half the time she says stuff
generally same, though i am less icky about tutuu. if i bothered to rainbow she'd be a light green or somate

i'm kinda blank on esooa, but i'm content to follow my town reads for now

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:51 am
it's not the phrasing it's the content for the most part
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 am I’d fight pretty hard against a Michelle kill tbh

🐑 (the reader not the read)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:51 am ok i give up on catching up. this is what i have to say instead:

Michelle, the only meta i have is that Ive spectated one game. Played one mafia where we won(some would say town was really bad that game but i like to think im just that good) And one town where we won.
Ive played all of those with Esooa, and she's fine at this game I guess, I think I know how to spot her mafia though so I'll pay attention to that.

And my pfp might count as anime(i pray not). Its a japanese game in an anime style but it's not a show or movie.

so you read enough to know there was discussion about the anime pfps
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:51 am ok i give up on catching up. this is what i have to say instead:

I honestly find it funny you think you could find me as mafia lmao
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:54 am

Towny ego. (This is @ everyone else who is having trouble finding Eso as town).
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:53 am
What do you disagree with in my content?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 am I’d fight pretty hard against a Michelle kill tbh

i mean i'll be giving her a chance to do her thing more on d1 when she has time, i have a good record of reading her too, just if she's town i'm not there yet from her entrance and need more data
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

@EllieDelight you’re new to mafia in general, not just the syndicate, yeah?
EllieDelight
Stool Pigeon

Post by EllieDelight »

lol dude i know i can, you literally showed me how you play mafia. get fucked kid if youre mafia this game youre as good as toast
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 272

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:06 am Why is nobody talking about LC's scumslip

I highlighted it too
So this is the first time I feel like Alison is trying to force attention toward something that is pushing a scum read onto a player, and acting as if no one else had seen it, although other commented on it, and moved on.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:10 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:07 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:06 am Why is nobody talking about LC's scumslip

I highlighted it too
looked like an obvious joke to me

don't see how that's scummy
I don't think he wrote that post in a way that was meant to be taken as a joke though. Like it's sandwiched between two relatively seriously looking reads. I think there's a pretty serious chance that he was just trying to throw out some random made up reads and picked two random names he saw skimming through the thread without realizing he picked the host.
This is again, where it feels like the agenda of Alison isn't to be genuinely solving the alignment of the players, it's trying to force a discussion of whether or not LC is mafia for their post.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:22 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 am tutuu's probably town
I've seen overtime so not ready to clear her yet but I did like that post
Talks about how she agrees that someone made a towny post, but makes sure to sow some seeds of doubt, leaving room for flexibility to call them evil.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:23 am like he sandwiched it in between two actual reads
Alison goes back to pushing attention toward LC, and the one post they made.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:25 am Actually tutuu ignoring me for this long is a scumtell, I change my mind on townreading her

[VOTE: tutuu] aubergine
I dislike the fake feeling I got from this post. It's already Alison's third mafia read of the game, and it lacks a real thought process, it feels like someone just wanting to call tutuu evil.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:28 am I'm sorry about the rand michelle
We see the fourth mafia read in a short time from Alison, and again the focus seems more about trying to sow seeds of evilness around instead of investigating alignments.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:30 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:28 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:25 am Actually tutuu ignoring me for this long is a scumtell, I change my mind on townreading her

[VOTE: tutuu] aubergine
I'm getting my future told to me right now, I love you Alison-chan but you are not the most interesting thing that's happening around me right now.
this is not a great response honestly

like I outed a real read on you and you brush it off with fluff

I don't think given our dynamic and history together that you would do this as town
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:37 am
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:36 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:28 am I'm sorry about the rand michelle
the alison mindmelds go on and on and on
I don't like this. y'alls last mindmeld alison was bad?
nutella and me mindmeld regardless of our respective alignments, I don't think she even sees it as AI at this point she's just using it as a fancy "I agree"
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:44 am
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:43 am oh, there's probably a baddie in the anime avatar association
This is a wolfy ass post
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:56 am both michelle and daughterofomega have given weird townreads of made that are out of tune with the rest of the thread

is that just the team lmao
Sometimes you have to realize that the evil want to fit in and gain the innocent's favor. You want to attack the people on their own, or giving takes that put themselves outside of the majority. This is something that some town do, because their ideas and thoughts are genuine, and instead of tailoring their responses to gain credit, they just say what is true to them.
Any credit given to this slot for posting thoughts that go against the grain should be revoked because they are clearly aware it is a townie thing to do and are fishing for cred for it
I didn't want to talk in-between every quote because I became confused on where some quotes started, and where others ended!

I will just write my conclusion after going through her game again. Alison continuously gave out half-hearted evil reads, and was trying to push certain reads over and over, when the other players had already moved on from these posts. These reads don't seem to be coming from someone spending time actively thinking, and starting from a clean slate. From my perspective Alison has an agenda to try and find targets to call mafia, and less of a focus on solving.

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:55 am

i mean i'll be giving her a chance to do her thing more on d1 when she has time, i have a good record of reading her too, just if she's town i'm not there yet from her entrance and need more data
Get on my level kid
Alison

Post by Alison »

EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am lol dude i know i can, you literally showed me how you play mafia. get fucked kid if youre mafia this game youre as good as toast
lock town
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

potentially a dumb read with personal bias:

tutuu directed her suspicion of me directly to me, in the second person, instead of talking about me externally in a third-person blob of shade. Made did that now that i think of it, so that's something i can reconsider. it seemed like tutuu desired to connect with me there

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:55 am
your read of me :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

🐑

K I’m locking in elli as town unless esooa is red in which case they’re probably partners
EllieDelight
Stool Pigeon

Post by EllieDelight »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
yup, this is my third* game, if you dont count the one where i was literally just a bystander and was super preoccupied.
this is my first time on this site, im from MU
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am potentially a dumb read with personal bias:

tutuu directed her suspicion of me directly to me, in the second person, instead of talking about me externally in a third-person blob of shade. Made did that now that i think of it, so that's something i can reconsider. it seemed like tutuu desired to connect with me there
true i am town, maybe she is too

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am
EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am lol dude i know i can, you literally showed me how you play mafia. get fucked kid if youre mafia this game youre as good as toast
lock town
Jinx
Alison

Post by Alison »

That wall on DoO made me feel slightly better about them mostly because I suspect they're scumreading me for playstyle differences and that's townie
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nice
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:57 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
yup, this is my third* game, if you dont count the one where i was literally just a bystander and was super preoccupied.
this is my first time on this site, im from MU
Hi welcome to the site we’re happy to have you here!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ellie town

just grogu and mac left to sort
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am potentially a dumb read with personal bias:

true i am town, maybe she is too
what i meant was, you did the third-person shade thing. i like that less. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

staypositivefriend
Hitman

michelle/made/long con has one at the very least
Alison

Post by Alison »

FWIW I often switch between second and third person perspectives as town based on what I think will be more persuasive or productive. Generally I use second person pronouns when I want to give them a chance to help me get there on them, or otherwise engage deeply with them even if I suspect them, and third person pronouns when I no longer care and just want to convince everyone else to bury them.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

You're a wonderful human being so of course I'd love to connect with you Jay <3.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am [snip]

I will just write my conclusion after going through her game again. Alison continuously gave out half-hearted evil reads, and was trying to push certain reads over and over, when the other players had already moved on from these posts. These reads don't seem to be coming from someone spending time actively thinking, and starting from a clean slate. From my perspective Alison has an agenda to try and find targets to call mafia, and less of a focus on solving.
i think that's just how alison solves, the takes weren't fabricated or anything imo, and not intentionally pushy

but i'm feeling more and more that this is a real opinion you have so aight
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:57 am
your read of me :meany:
Well I'm town so if you're town as well we're in this cahoots together sweetheart.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

convince me why that's AI
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:58 am michelle/made/long con has one at the very least
i thought we were friends :(
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:57 am

🐑
You continually letting me know that you desire to sheep me strokes my ego and it makes me like you and I don't like that. What if you're Mafia? I do like my ego being stroked, you're probably impressed still by last game, but. I have mixed feelings right now that are fighting with each other.

Return to “Previous Heists”