(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 8

Post by fingersplints »

The us and we is the civvies, which is pretty obvious from the context.

You are basing how you consider the elves on how you think that they would act, but I am the only one making assumptions here? I am allowed to think a role would act a certain way based on my experience. Obviously I can't be sure how they would act, but I am fully within my right to deduce how I THINK they would.

I'm going to be honest here. I don't know if it's just I don't know you well enough but you are coming off incredibly condescending to me.

oh and Dom, I've already posted that I think Epig is Smaug. Also why I'm not so shocked he disagrees with me.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:The us and we is the civvies, which is pretty obvious from the context.
Ah, of course.
fingersplints wrote:You are basing how you consider the elves on how you think that they would act, but I am the only one making assumptions here?
No I'm not. I'm basing it on being able to read the roles. And I challenged your assumption that the elves would want to help the civilians given the choice. I would drown the civilians, given half a chance. It's easier.

fingersplints wrote:oh and Dom, I've already posted that I think Epig is Smaug. Also why I'm not so shocked he disagrees with me.
You don't think I'm Smaug. You hope I'm Smaug. Big diff.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 7

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: Some thoughts to consider in light of who Boogs was. As for the Elves we dont know whether they are indy, civ, or baddie at this point. The Wood elf points seem to be the determining factor. What I am curious about is if baddies are told if the wood elves can only win with them or not and at what point. That alliance would be greatly worrisome, but I tend to think that wouldnt be the case now in the game. What do others think re: wood elves?
:evileye:
Orly?

I think we should treat the Elves as they are neutral. I do not think, at least at this point, we should actively try and seek them out.

However, your attempt to create the idea that the wood elves are now aligned with the baddies and we should panic is duly noted.
Snow Dog wrote: Well as boogs turned out not baddie I was obviously wrong about the shady voters.

The last point I don't quite understand.
Yes, you were wrong, but who were they?
Your thought process doesn't make any sense here.
You were wrong about them. So... were they only shady for voting not-boogs? But that wouldn't make sense, because you implied they were shady, THEN voted not Boogs, THUS you didn't feel any better about not voting boogs. So... who were they? Why are they suspicious. Your post indicated that they were already suspicious. Your current talk does not. Please, explain this contradiction.
Snow Dog wrote:Wow, Smaug is just rampant. We gotta find him folks!
translated by Google™ :
Wow, please lynch anyone but me!

Splints, who do you have in mind for smaug?
Yeah your right, fuck it, lynch me. I suppose YOU want to be lynched or would you prefer someone else?

Doesn't matter what I say now you will twist it to mean what YOU please.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I am not bad but hey ho now I know how Boogs felt.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote: Yeah your right, fuck it, lynch me. I suppose YOU want to be lynched or would you prefer someone else?

Snow Dog, I asked a very simple question: who were the "shady" voters?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

fingersplints wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Wow, Smaug is just rampant. We gotta find him folks!
Okay, let's start with you. I am "leading" the lynch of you, old buddy! Sorry, but hopefully this will convince those who have been skeptical of me that I am on the side of good.
Are you saying you think he is Smaug? Or just bad
Does it matter?
Well, yes. I think you are good, so I'm willing to listen to you but I have a different person in mind for smaug.
I don't have anyone in mind for Smaug. I am not much worried about that right now, as I am just trying to catch baddies. If they happen to be Smaug as opposed to a Goblin, that's fine. I do think Epig is on the level though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:I am not bad but hey ho now I know how Boogs felt.
Boogs tried.

You aren't giving a toss.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 10

Post by S~V~S »

Just a fun fact (that I should not have to tell a thread full of grown ups)~ Being Condescending=Being an Asshat Image

DON'T DO IT!!!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: Yeah your right, fuck it, lynch me. I suppose YOU want to be lynched or would you prefer someone else?

Snow Dog, I asked a very simple question: who were the "shady" voters?
I don't know
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I am not bad but hey ho now I know how Boogs felt.
Boogs tried.

You aren't giving a toss.
WTF? Get stuffed.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

[quote="thellama73"} I do think Epig is on the level though.[/quote]

Yeah....sure he is.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow, I'm sorry, but.... you can't answer a very simple question. I have attempted to get an answer out of you several times.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:Snow, I'm sorry, but.... you can't answer a very simple question. I have attempted to get an answer out of you several times.
Did I not answer?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:
Dom wrote:Snow, I'm sorry, but.... you can't answer a very simple question. I have attempted to get an answer out of you several times.
Did I not answer?
:|
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

insertnamehere wrote:Image
You're not off the hook here, buddy.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

INH, who do you think is suspicious?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

S~V~S wrote:Just a fun fact (that I should not have to tell a thread full of grown ups)~ Being Condescending=Being an Asshat Image

DON'T DO IT!!!
Bump.

Guys, (and by "guys", I mean everyone, so no, I'm not trying to single anybody out) I have some growing concerns about the tone the game is taking. Maybe I'm partly to blame: I just realized "respect each other" is not in the rules anywhere. Major oversight on my part, which is being corrected now. I also think my host posts could be contributing: I meant to keep a more Hobbit-like, kid-friendly tone from the beginning, but I've found that mafia lends itself to dark writing, with all the killing and such.

That said, in my experience, you're all very smart and generally kind people. You sometimes read the room wrong, but generally, you know when something you're thinking of typing is likely to offend someone. If you think that's the case, do not type it. That simple. Talk to S~V~S, or take a break, or find a way to say what you mean without making it personal to the player, just to the role you believe they are.

I know S~V~S has been handling a lot of issues behind the scenes, and doing a hell of a job at it, though in most cases I do not know specifics. She's the Mod and that's her job, but it's best if we don't make her work too hard at it. And too much of this stuff is obvious enough that it's bothering me as well.

You'll notice "respect each other" is listed under the rule violations that merit the death penalty. It will stay that way the rest of the game, and I will consider drastic action against any player who breaks it from here on out.

This is all being said partly for my own sake, partly for the sake of people trying to enjoy the game, and partly for the long-term health of are community. If you are a jerk to someone here, whether they're new or have been around a while, it ruins the game for them. (And, in my experience, it makes it less fun for the one being the jerk too - yes, I have been on occasion, though I'm not proud of it.) If people aren't having fun, they won't keep playing, and filling up huge, awesome games like this will be impossible. I worked really hard trying to get 31 players for this, and I didn't even actually succeed -- and it was one of the most anticipated games of the year. Put bluntly, if we want to keep mafia-ing, we have to keep people around. To do that, we have to make sure they're having fun, and being respectful is one of the most important ways to do that.

Asshattery of any type, by anyone, will not be tolerated in my game any longer. This is your final warning.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Russtifinko wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Just a fun fact (that I should not have to tell a thread full of grown ups)~ Being Condescending=Being an Asshat Image

DON'T DO IT!!!
Bump.

Guys, (and by "guys", I mean everyone, so no, I'm not trying to single anybody out) I have some growing concerns about the tone the game is taking. Maybe I'm partly to blame: I just realized "respect each other" is not in the rules anywhere. Major oversight on my part, which is being corrected now. I also think my host posts could be contributing: I meant to keep a more Hobbit-like, kid-friendly tone from the beginning, but I've found that mafia lends itself to dark writing, with all the killing and such.

That said, in my experience, you're all very smart and generally kind people. You sometimes read the room wrong, but generally, you know when something you're thinking of typing is likely to offend someone. If you think that's the case, do not type it. That simple. Talk to S~V~S, or take a break, or find a way to say what you mean without making it personal to the player, just to the role you believe they are.

I know S~V~S has been handling a lot of issues behind the scenes, and doing a hell of a job at it, though in most cases I do not know specifics. She's the Mod and that's her job, but it's best if we don't make her work too hard at it. And too much of this stuff is obvious enough that it's bothering me as well.

You'll notice "respect each other" is listed under the rule violations that merit the death penalty. It will stay that way the rest of the game, and I will consider drastic action against any player who breaks it from here on out.

This is all being said partly for my own sake, partly for the sake of people trying to enjoy the game, and partly for the long-term health of are community. If you are a jerk to someone here, whether they're new or have been around a while, it ruins the game for them. (And, in my experience, it makes it less fun for the one being the jerk too - yes, I have been on occasion, though I'm not proud of it.) If people aren't having fun, they won't keep playing, and filling up huge, awesome games like this will be impossible. I worked really hard trying to get 31 players for this, and I didn't even actually succeed -- and it was one of the most anticipated games of the year. Put bluntly, if we want to keep mafia-ing, we have to keep people around. To do that, we have to make sure they're having fun, and being respectful is one of the most important ways to do that.

Asshattery of any type, by anyone, will not be tolerated in my game any longer. This is your final warning.
:hug:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Wow, lots of thoughts/things going on!

1) Of course we'd like neutrals to be on our side, but of course we also don't know who they are exactly, and they don't know us, and they're gonna win with whoever beats the other. I agree that it's best just to keep on trying to find baddies instead of focusing on the state of the elves - that is our main goal, is it not? If the neutrals do it right and we do our job, they'll win with us.

2) Sorry, Snow Dog, but you're pinging me pretty badly, too, and that's before I read others' takes on what you've said. Specifically separating yourself and CBK from Boogs voters immediately after you ask for baddies? (It also read grammatically like you were calling yourself a baddie, although I'm sure that was unintentional :P) Suggesting other people were "non-genuine" with their votes when you were one of the last to get him? Then suggesting AP (seemingly) out of the blue? Perhaps I missed something, but that looks very odd. Very odd indeed.

I do, however, have lots of time to hear defenses of all that has been brought against you. I'm all ears! (Well, eyes. But still!)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Smiend!! Cu, yooo, Cug! :( frieamamieoooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :( Curiteamiend!!!! Leamamite Le frse :( frseooooou, :( Noo!!!!!!!!! Smiteaursend!! :( frsend! Cu, friend! Smiend!! :( :( Cug!!!!! you, yooourseamamieoug!!! Le :( :( frse Curse yoooug!!!!!!!!!!! :( Smau, Smamiend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( Cu, Nooooooooooooooo! Nooooooo, :( No!!!!!!!!!! frite Smaug!!!! Cug!!!!!!! :( Cu, Lend! :( Lend!!! :( Noou, :( Leoou, :( Cug!! yoo!!!!! :( :( :( Le Nooooooug!!! :( Curse Le yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
^ :(

:rip: >SpaghettiEverywhere and me.

Go, civvies GO!!!!!!
:biggrin:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

RIPiywg Spaghetti and Leamiteo!

This thread has exploded in the last few hours, dang! Still catching up.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:The Epi-Dom post gave me lulz. Since Snow Dog was bringing up next moves, he seems to have become the target of everyones focus. How do you all feel about CBK and other Boogs voters in light of the result?

I agree Snows recent posts dont read well, but I am also curious why 4 people suddenly jumped on it at once.

Some thoughts to consider in light of who Boogs was. As for the Elves we dont know whether they are indy, civ, or baddie at this point. The Wood elf points seem to be the determining factor. What I am curious about is if baddies are told if the wood elves can only win with them or not and at what point. That alliance would be greatly worrisome, but I tend to think that wouldnt be the case now in the game. What do others think re: wood elves?
That they'll probably try to win with the civs like every other neutral team ever has because it's nearly impossible to coordinate a victory with baddies when you don't know who they are and they're busy trying to kill you since they don't know your role or intentions. I don't think the neutrals are a threat, but if I were one I wouldn't be inclined to help CBK or Snow right now. I'd rather worry about the actual baddies. Besides, if people start hunting down the neutrals in the thread then they're definitely going to not want to win with the civs are they?
I think the elves are civ friendly. In any game, like you said, it makes more sense for them to help the civvies. Then you add in this game started off with three baddie lynches lol Makes no sense to assume they are hostile at this point. As long as we don't lynch anymore I think they will keep helping us
linki: RIPIYWG Leamiteo and >SpaghettiEverywhere :(
More strange talk.

I have already discussed the elves. It makes the most sense that they would strive to remain independent and thus able to win with anyone. Unfortunately for them, the Elf king gives Elf points (along with gold) to a player. Not a role. Not a faction. A player. Barring the influence of secrets, this means they do not know how their alignment is shifting until (presumably) they are told.

And this...

( :disappoint: )
fingersplints wrote:I think the elves are civ friendly.
I don't. The elves don't know who the civilians are. No one does.
fingersplints wrote:In any game, like you said, it makes more sense for them to help the civvies.
Why? Given the choice, I'd help the Mafia. You can't coordinate with the Mafia but you can't coordinate with the civilians either. But at least the Mafia a) know each other, and b) have a kill.

Again, however, the elves don't have a knowledgeable choice.
fingersplints wrote:Then you add in this game started off with three baddie lynches lol Makes no sense to assume they are hostile at this point.
lol, Because there's only one team of Goblins. :evileye:
fingersplints wrote:As long as we don't lynch anymore I think they will keep helping us
Name: ____________
Date: ____________
Period: ___________

1. Who is "us?"

2. How have the elves helped "us?"

3. How do the elves know who "us" is?

4. Why do you assume such a they will continue to help "us" if "we" don't lynch anymore of them?

Bonus question: How do you know how to not lynch an elf?

Turn in your paper by the end of the period. Be sure to use complete sentences and back up your response with evidence from the text.
While I think Bullz and splints are right for normal Indy teams who had a choice, Epi pointed out what I understood as well from my read of the elves. They may not have a choice in the matter. I am not trying to understand how the elf points work and there are several secrets that we can't begin to know. However, the reason I brought it up is since Boogs came up elf there were a lot of people defending him and trying to save him, which would be way bigger than purely an elf team, so I began to wonder. However, the more I think about it the more I think it too unlikely that baddies would be told the elves identities. That would be functionally a huge team. i definitely don't think we should go on an elf-hunt, and did not suggest it and was not trying to create a panic as Dom and Bullz suggested. Since others knew Boogs role it would change how I viewed and analyzed them in the game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by Hedgeowl »

Russtifinko wrote:
Event Links

Evening 0
Day 1
Day 1 Lynch -- MP -- Necromancer
Night 1
End of Night 1 -- no one died
Day 2 Lynch -- FZ. -- Goblin Sapper (Moria Goblins)
Night 2
End of Night 2 -- Kylemii's Death (Moria Goblins)
Day 3
Day 3 Lynch -- Elohcin -- Bolg's Warg
Night 3
End of Night 3 -- TH's Death (Smaug) and juliets's Death (Misty Mountains Goblins)
Day 4 Lynch -- no one
Night 4
End of Night 4 -- Dom's Death (Spiders) and DP's Death (Smaug)
Day 5 -- Turnip Head 2.0 Joins
End of Day 5 -- Mongoose's Lynch (Bilbo Baggins)
Night 5
End of Night 5 -- reywaS's Death (Smaug) and DFaraday's Death (Misty Mountains Goblins)
Day 6
End of Day 6 -- Vompatti's Lynch (Thorin Oakenshield)
Night 6 -- no one died
Day 7
End of Day 7 -- Boogs' Lynch -- Wood Elf Gaoler
Night 8
End of Night 8 -- Leamiteo's Death (Smaug) and >SpaghettiEverywhere's Death (Misty Mountains Goblins)

Have we talked about the Moria goblin team being gone and I missed it? The way this reads to me is that TH or Juliets were the last Moria goblin or Elo's lynch was. Wouldn't the other goblin team get the kill then? And if not then is the last Moria an absent player?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ebwop: it would be have to be TH or Juliets since no one else died night 1.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

God catch, Hedge. I was wondering about taht, but hadn't bothered to check the numbers yet. It does look like Smaug or the Misty Mountain Goblins took out the last Moria Goblin for us.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Llama, my only qualm is that the Goblin Town Goblins aren't killing every night either, though.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Bullzeye wrote:
I find it funny that Snow's immediate reaction to the Boogs lynch was to throw under the bus all Boogs voters except himself and CBK, while CBK's reaction seems to be to throw Snow under it.
Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus... Not on a bus...
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

... bandwake bagon.. bake justagondwake mist bagondwake mist just mist bagondwan...... bake justandwake ban. mist mistake mistandwake mistake justandwagon......
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

ciciciciof.... sususususususpiciof..... spiciciouspiciciciouspiof.. s spicious suspiciof.. of.. ouspiouspicious sususpioususus of. spiouspicicicious s of. of....
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

pors .supors .......s ....supporterters ..s ..........suppppporsupportertertersupporsuporterters ..suporters ..s ..s ....supppppporsuppporsuportertertertertertersuppors ....s
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 31

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

nijuukyugou wrote:Wow, lots of thoughts/things going on!

1) Of course we'd like neutrals to be on our side, but of course we also don't know who they are exactly, and they don't know us, and they're gonna win with whoever beats the other. I agree that it's best just to keep on trying to find baddies instead of focusing on the state of the elves - that is our main goal, is it not? If the neutrals do it right and we do our job, they'll win with us.

2) Sorry, Snow Dog, but you're pinging me pretty badly, too, and that's before I read others' takes on what you've said. Specifically separating yourself and CBK from Boogs voters immediately after you ask for baddies? (It also read grammatically like you were calling yourself a baddie, although I'm sure that was unintentional :P) Suggesting other people were "non-genuine" with their votes when you were one of the last to get him? Then suggesting AP (seemingly) out of the blue? Perhaps I missed something, but that looks very odd. Very odd indeed.

I do, however, have lots of time to hear defenses of all that has been brought against you. I'm all ears! (Well, eyes. But still!)
Well when Boogs turned up as not bad I thought maybe a few voters knew that. Now I know I'm not bad and I presume CBK isn't because she has also been after boogs from the start. Now it is possible that other voters (not all though) are bad. Same with the AP voters. Amongst them are baddies.

I was not suggesting that I would vote AP, in fact I wasn't going to. I wanted to get the ball rolling by asking if anyone was thinking of voting him again. The results of that post rather took me by surprise.

I believe amongst those attacking me is a mafia. i don't know who.

Consider that I have been after Boogs since pretty much the off. Would a mafia be so single minded (besides my stupid vote for Mongoose when she wasn't lynched)?

If you lynch me you will definitely not nail a baddie.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote: If you lynch me you will definitely not nail a baddie.
Yeah, but that's exactly what a baddie would say, so there's no way to know if you're lying.

Dang guys, mafia is hard. :(

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Yeah, but that's exactly what a baddie would say, so there's no way to know if you're lying.

I know, and there lies the problem. You have to trust your feelings I guess. Do you truly believe I'm bad, Llama? If so you must vote for me. If you have doubts though please think again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I truly believed Boogs to be bad. But after his pleas I doubted it somewhat. So I take blame for his lynch. If you want to punish me for that, so be it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:I truly believed Boogs to be bad. But after his pleas I doubted it somewhat. So I take blame for his lynch. If you want to punish me for that, so be it.
For what it's worth I'm not necessarily going to vote for you, I just found your response to the lynch suspicious and your reactions to people questioning you seem excessive. I might vote for you, or I might vote for someone else.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I truly believed Boogs to be bad. But after his pleas I doubted it somewhat. So I take blame for his lynch. If you want to punish me for that, so be it.
For what it's worth I'm not necessarily going to vote for you, I just found your response to the lynch suspicious and your reactions to people questioning you seem excessive. I might vote for you, or I might vote for someone else.
OK...anything you want me to attempt to clear up? I thought my posts were OK

1. Maybe some baddies amongst Boogs voters.
2. Is everyone still keen on AP.

I don't see any problem there. But maybe i don't play the game well.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I know, and there lies the problem. You have to trust your feelings I guess. Do you truly believe I'm bad, Llama? If so you must vote for me. If you have doubts though please think again.
I think you are bad more than I think any other individual is bad. This was a really easy game for the first three lynches, but has been really hard ever since. The remaining baddies are playing a blinder and should be congratulated, because I remain pretty much in the dark.

Maybe I am wrong about you, but the post you made following the lynch felt really, really off to me. If I misread you, I apologize though. In any case, I already voted for you, so let the chips fall where they may. :)

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Basically I felt like you throwing out AP's name was a way of getting attention away from Boogs voters (mainly yourself) and on to someone who could easily be lynched with little accountability to those who voted him. Anyone else who'd voted Boogs and said that would've got the same response from me. I think when you brought up the Boogs voters you were kinda stating the obvious a little, of course people would go looking for baddies among them. The fact that you so blatantly ruled yourself out seemed like you were suggesting we should all just give you and CBK a pass and only look at the other voters. Then when people started questioning you your posts became quite dramatic as if the whole thread had just voted for you. I actually have an eye on INH for his overreactions as well in all fairness.

I think you're too harsh a critic of yourself as well. Being suspected doesn't make someone bad at the game.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Basically I felt like you throwing out AP's name was a way of getting attention away from Boogs voters (mainly yourself) and on to someone who could easily be lynched with little accountability to those who voted him. Anyone else who'd voted Boogs and said that would've got the same response from me. I think when you brought up the Boogs voters you were kinda stating the obvious a little, of course people would go looking for baddies among them. The fact that you so blatantly ruled yourself out seemed like you were suggesting we should all just give you and CBK a pass and only look at the other voters. Then when people started questioning you your posts became quite dramatic as if the whole thread had just voted for you. I actually have an eye on INH for his overreactions as well in all fairness.

I think you're too harsh a critic of yourself as well. Being suspected doesn't make someone bad at the game.
I ruled myself out because I am not bad. anyone would rule themselves out wouldn't they? And I was stating the obvious but didn't know that was a bad thing to do. And I am hard on myself because at the end I had serious doubts about Boogs, yet still voted for him. Plus i don't seem to say the "proper" things.

But I expect to be lynched and that is a shame. I really want to get Smaug.

On the upside, if I don't get lynched I am unlikely to get NKed. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I find it odd that everyone is so focused on Smaug. I regard the Goblins as higher priority.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:I find it odd that everyone is so focused on Smaug. I regard the Goblins as higher priority.
He is freely killing every night, but yes all the Goblins are important too. Whichever gets lynched is all good
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I find it odd that everyone is so focused on Smaug. I regard the Goblins as higher priority.
He is freely killing every night, but yes all the Goblins are important too. Whichever gets lynched is all good
Yeah, I guess I am hoping Smaug helps us kill off the goblins.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote: I ruled myself out because I am not bad. anyone would rule themselves out wouldn't they? And I was stating the obvious but didn't know that was a bad thing to do. And I am hard on myself because at the end I had serious doubts about Boogs, yet still voted for him. Plus i don't seem to say the "proper" things.

But I expect to be lynched and that is a shame. I really want to get Smaug.

On the upside, if I don't get lynched I am unlikely to get NKed. :)
Yes anyone would rule themselves out but most would do that by just not mentioning themselves or letting someone else bring it up first. The way you said it seemed to suggest everyone should just agree that you and CBK were genuine and couldn't possibly be bad.
I don't really have a priority. I'm after Goblins but if someone can make a case for who Smaug is I'm not going to ignore it. They're all the baddies, one isn't more or less important that any other to me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I think you are bad more than I think any other individual is bad. This was a really easy game for the first three lynches, but has been really hard ever since. The remaining baddies are playing a blinder and should be congratulated, because I remain pretty much in the dark.

Maybe I am wrong about you, but the post you made following the lynch felt really, really off to me. If I misread you, I apologize though. In any case, I already voted for you, so let the chips fall where they may. :)
llama, I re-read your posts and didn't see anything about Snow Dog from earlier in the game. I just want to clarify whether there is anything prior to these posts that came after the lynch that amplified your suspicion of Snow Dog. I'm asking because I'm trying to determine the whole case on Snow Dog - whether it is just this latest or there were earlier actions as well that contributed. I re-read him this morning and didn't see anything that jumped out at me.

Also, in my readback I was reminded you were going to look at Hedgie to see if you could identify what was making you feel squirrely. Any luck there?

Epig, earlier in the game you said you thought fingersplints was a baddie and then yesterday you went after her. Even though I didn't like the way you did that, I do want to know if she is your leading suspicion at this point in time. Splints, I know you said you were going to respond today which I look forward to.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

[quote="juliets"
llama, I re-read your posts and didn't see anything about Snow Dog from earlier in the game. I just want to clarify whether there is anything prior to these posts that came after the lynch that amplified your suspicion of Snow Dog. I'm asking because I'm trying to determine the whole case on Snow Dog - whether it is just this latest or there were earlier actions as well that contributed. I re-read him this morning and didn't see anything that jumped out at me.

Also, in my readback I was reminded you were going to look at Hedgie to see if you could identify what was making you feel squirrely. Any luck there?
[/quote]

I didn't really have an opinion of Snow Dog prior to last night. His post following the killings was a strong enough ping for me, especially in the absence of other strong suspects, to convince me that we had caught him in something. This was corroborated by other people I generally trust feeling the same way.

I did reread Hedgeowl, and while I feel she has been a little blendy lately, I didn't see anything that stood out to me, and her vote record is really good, so I am reserving judgement there for now.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:
Art Contest

Gimme some Smaug! Art depicting the dragon may earn you a prize of 100, 200, or even 300 gold today!

I would like to invite >SpaghettiEverywhere (and all deadies) to participate as well, though of course they will not be eligible for prizes.

Keep in mind the riddle contest is still ongoing, as well.
Smaug over Laketown

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Thanks llama. I'm also having trouble finding strong candidates.

Also, I wish i could draw.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Also, I wish i could draw.
I certainly can't, but it did stop me from trying anyway, because I love gold.

Return to “Previous Jobs”