MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Simple Arsonist Signups [7p Heist]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Simple Arsonist
Originally by BananaCucho on Sc2Mafia; Adapted for Syndicate and modified by MartinGG99

Role List:
Arsonist
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Douse checker

~~~(See rest of the setup below in the spoiler)~~
Spoiler: show
Simple Arsonist
Originally by BananaCucho on Sc2Mafia; Adapted for Syndicate and modified by MartinGG99

Role List:
Arsonist
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Douse checker

Rolecards:

Arsonist
Choose one of two actions at night:
- Douse a player in gasoline. You cannot douse yourself. Doused players are not informed that they are doused.
- Ignite all doused players, killing them
*You get to douse a player of your choice on night 0

Douse Checker
You can check a player at night to see if they are doused.
Your check occurs after the Arsonist's douses (Therefore, if an arsonist douses Player B on N2, and you checked Player B on N2, you will get feedback of them being doused)
You can check yourself.
*You don't get to check on night 0

Citizen
No special abilities.

Win Conditions:
Arsonist: Reduce the town down to 1 member or less
Town: Eliminate the Arsonist

Mechanics:
Day: 48 hours
Night: 24 hours
During the night phase, the thread will be closed.

Eliminations are plurality done by poll.
There will be an option to skip, but it will require at least 3 votes at 7 players and 2 votes at 5 players or less. This must also be larger than any single vote-count on a player.
Ties are determined by the Arsonist; their decision will be given 6 hours after EoD. If they fail to submit any sort of pre-elimination or post-elimination preference as to who is eliminated in a tie, then it will be decided by Random.Org (Arsonist is not counted for possible elimination if they are in the tie).

Last wills are allowed; but are not shown if you get burned into cinders (because I'm preety sure your Last-Will isn't fire-resistant). Last wills also won't be shown if you make an essay out of them; There will be a 500-word limit (not counting quotes but please try to limit them if possible)

Rules:

You can expect fairly standard or typical rules, of which include things such as:
-No cheating or unauthorized BTSC of any kind.
-Typical forum rules apply (I.e. the guiding principle of "Don't be an asshat"). If you have a problem with a player or the host specifically, then please contact the Game Facilitator / Game Mod.
-No invisible text.
-No editing or deletion of posts. If you need to edit, just quote your own post in a new post and do the edit that way.
-DO NOT show any evidence (i.e. image or screenshot) any PM from me. Paraphrasing or "using your own words" is allowed.
-Any questions about the setup to the host while the game is occurring should be done via private channels (such as a TS private message, for example).

It is encouraged, but not required, to use the [VOTE: ] aubergine tag in a post when voting, unvoting, or changing votes. Note that only votes in the poll are counted.

The host reserves this color, please avoid using colors similar to this.

It is expected that you make at least 10 posts per day phase.

There will be at least a 48-hour gap from the start time/date of the game and when role-cards are sent out. During that time, you are to reply to the role-card PM to confirm you are aware that the game is starting. Doing this task takes very little time, and unless your local power line got zapped by Zeus I don't expect any excuses for not confirming your role-card. Therefore, you will be replaced if you don't confirm/respond.

Special notes:

Don't look at the setup version in "Game Submissions" and instead view the one in the spoiler above as the setup. This has several changes to it that are either necessary or important.

If you don't know what a "Last Will" is, its basically a (500-word-limit) message that you can type up while you are alive that will be posted by the Host when you die. Due to the mechanics of the setup, this will only occur if you get deleted during the day, not if you get burnt to cinders.

Unlike some or most TS games, the thread will be closed during the night.

SoD/EoD will be at 5 PM (EST). Due to life constraints, I may be a few minutes late depending on the day.

"Night 0" will be processed during the 48 hours after roles are sent. So if you got the Arsonist role-card, make sure to submit a target by then! Otherwise, it will be randomized for you, and you will know who got doused.

The signups will be checked every Wednesday and Friday ~5 PM (EST). Once there are 7 /in's and a game mod / game facilitator is assigned, then the roles will be sent out and the game will being 48 hours later.
Last edited by MartinGG99 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Mechanic clarification (Change noted/documented in thread)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Re: Simple Arsonist Signups [7p Heist]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Re-posted here

because I derped and accidentally posted signups in the game thread and not this one
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

this looks fun, might in depending on when it gets close to filling/starting
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Approximate start date?
Progression cases are bad.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 pm Approximate start date?
There isn't really. It depends on how fast it fills, but considering we're already 4/7 players it may even start later this week. If not it'll likely start next week.

Roles will always be sent out on a Wednesday or Friday (with the game beginning 48 hours later on a Friday or Sunday), so if you see on a Tuesday, for example, that this has 7 people voting /in then it will start later that same week.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Oh, that reminds me. I need to add a mechanic so that the Arsonist's chosen (who to eliminate in a tie) will work without people trying to angleshoot who it is via time zone.
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:38 pm Ties are determined by the Arsonist
->
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:38 pm Ties are determined by the Arsonist; their decision will be given 6 hours after EoD. If they fail to submit any sort of pre-elimination or post-elimination preference as to who is eliminated in a tie, then it will be decided by Random.Org (Arsonist is not counted for possible elimination if they are in the tie).
(Above is the change)
Last edited by MartinGG99 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Martin somehow forgot nights last 24 hours not 48 like days
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:17 pm Oh, that reminds me. I need to add a mechanic so that the Arsonist's chosen (who to eliminate in a tie) will work without people trying to angleshoot who it is via time zone.
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:38 pm Ties are determined by the Arsonist
->
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:38 pm Ties are determined by the Arsonist; their decision will be given 24 hours after EoD. If they fail to submit any sort of pre-elimination or post-elimination preference as to who is eliminated in a tie, then it will be decided by Random.Org (Arsonist is not counted for possible elimination if they are in the tie).
(Above is the change)
Does this mean that the result won't flip until 24 hours after the EOD?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I can't wait to see three people go up in flames in one night. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:21 pm Does this mean that the result won't flip until 24 hours after the EOD?
Yes it does.

I mean, unless the arsonist picks themselves in a tie the game just doesn't end and you all will figure a townie has died. The trouble is who and (occasionally) what.

Additionally, there is no night chat so in the event of a tie all it does is prevent people from progressing their analysis based on flip for 6 hours, but after that they still have another 18 hours to think about it before night ends.

And this is a relatively small game as well, so I think it won't be too big of a deal unless they all start posting 300 posts-per-day lol.

If quite a few people object to it then I can instead just mandate the Arsonist to create a list of who they would want to eliminate most to least in the event of a tie, but that tends to remove their ability to be circumstantially sensitive if there's, say, a last-hour flash wagon.
Last edited by MartinGG99 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Martin somehow forgot nights last 24 hours not 48 like days
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Ohhhh so that's why there are wills. Cool.
Progression cases are bad.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sup, i’ll be MoDing this game :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:48 pm sup, i’ll be MoDing this game
Thanks!
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:44 pm Ohhhh so that's why there are wills. Cool.
There actually isn't a super specific reason why there's last-wills. Its more of a cultural thing (where last wills are more common but not everywhere) from my homesite (Sc2Mafia) where this setup is modified from.

The only purpose it has is to re-emphasize what you think or want to say if you happen to get day-deleted.

If you get killed by the arsonist then, well, you just burnt to death and same goes for your will. On a more serious note, I don't think the town needs a if-they-get-night-killed message/will. I'm guessing that could be too powerful in the hands of a skilled player, not to mention the Arsonist has to get 5 or more players killed.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Additionally, there is no night chat so in the event of a tie all it does is prevent people from progressing their analysis based on flip for 24 hours, but after that they still have another 24 hours to think about it before night ends.
Actually I'm being stupid.

Night lasts for 24 hours total, so it probably would be announced 6 hours after and not 24 xD. If I did 12 hours, then I likely would be asleep.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Cant believe it took me that long to see/notice that.

Might have to do with the fact that I'm in a homesite game that has nights lasting 72 hours lol.

Sorry for the confusion @Marmot lol.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:36 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:44 pm Ohhhh so that's why there are wills. Cool.
There actually isn't a super specific reason why there's last-wills. Its more of a cultural thing (where last wills are more common but not everywhere) from my homesite (Sc2Mafia) where this setup is modified from.

The only purpose it has is to re-emphasize what you think or want to say if you happen to get day-deleted.

If you get killed by the arsonist then, well, you just burnt to death and same goes for your will. On a more serious note, I don't think the town needs a if-they-get-night-killed message/will. I'm guessing that could be too powerful in the hands of a skilled player, not to mention the Arsonist has to get 5 or more players killed.
I think the arsonist burning wills is a fun and reasonable flavor. This all sounds great.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:12 am
Additionally, there is no night chat so in the event of a tie all it does is prevent people from progressing their analysis based on flip for 24 hours, but after that they still have another 24 hours to think about it before night ends.
Actually I'm being stupid.

Night lasts for 24 hours total, so it probably would be announced 6 hours after and not 24 xD. If I did 12 hours, then I likely would be asleep.
Perfect, that sounds good. :)

Another thing I've done before to determine ties, is kind of what you've stated, but the player has to submit a list to you that they can update at any point until the poll closes, at which point, you'll utilize their most recent version to determine ties.

It does allow the flip to happen immediately, but you're right that it can still impact an arsonist who can't be around for any EOD chaos that may happen.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I’ve had mafia submit ordered lists before if they aren’t able to be around right before deadline, and if they don’t have something in i rand. It’s never been an issue, ymmv
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Poison wanna play with tutuu
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Post by Justplayingitcool »

/in
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Just how many days have we been at "We just need one more"? :thinking:
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:55 pm Just how many days have we been at "We just need one more"?
Anyways I would like to thank everyone here for their patience thus far.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I THOUGHT THIS WAS FULL!

prepare to be filled!
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

/in
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

@MartinGG99 you are full! ;)
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

@Marmot
@Justplayingitcool
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@Alison
@Grogu
@Poison
@sprityo

Hello everyone! It would appear the game (Simple Arsonist) has filled, though technically an hour after I usually check for when its filled. Given that I send roles out with a 48 hour gap to the game's start time (with exception being Arsonist's n0 is processed in that time), we would basically have to wait till Sunday at 5pm (EST) for it to start based on the rules/statements I gave out on the signups post.

However, if everyone wishes to, I can send role-cards out on Thursday or Friday and we can begin on Saturday at 5pm (EST) instead if so desired. If someone doesn't agree, then role-cards will be sent out on Friday with a 48-hour time limit to confirm prior to the game's start time. If anyone /outs before Friday 5pm (with no one to /in for that), then nothing will happen unless I look to anyone willing to replace in the /maybes.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sooner the better
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

sooner the better
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Poison
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Sooner the better (x3)
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Whatever's clever

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Sooner the better
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Soon is best
Image Image Image
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Locked thread since role-cards were sent out.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

Return to “Previous Heist Sign-Ups”