Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [Night 1] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:So AnnaDanielle, who didn't vote on the lynching, now mysteriously votes for Snow Dog as shield bearer without posting... O.o
Wtf?

Anything to comment on, Anna?
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

No death is very interesting. And AnnaDanielle picking Snow Dog to bear the Shield of Grayskull without posting at all is particularly odd. :evileye:
ImageImage

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:So AnnaDanielle, who didn't vote on the lynching, now mysteriously votes for Snow Dog as shield bearer without posting... O.o
Wtf?

Anything to comment on, Anna?
Here's my thought process: The Snake Mountain folks have nothing to fear tonight, so they have no incentive to vote either for themselves or anyone else (unless they just want to play mind games, but that makes my head hurt so I try not to think about it.) This leads me to conclude that Anna is NOT from Snake Mountain.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

i don't know what to make of that
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:i don't know what to make of that
Are you going to reciprocate, or become the first person with two votes? :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:i don't know what to make of that
Are you going to reciprocate, or become the first person with two votes? :)
i dunno.......yet
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

So, I don't know if the result of the lynch is because of one of the secret roles, or if they even did it for me, but regardless, thank you for saving my life, and I will strive to prove myself to you all. :hugs:

As usual, I'm very impressed with Epig's posts, very good job. I also wanted to apologize if I offended anyone earlier re: language and I will be more mindful of it in the future. We are all here to have fun. I hope you understand I was stressed because my life was on the line, but that is no excuse. Moving forward, I will try not to use words like stupid when describing people or their arguments. Hugs all around-

That being said, I don't mind the "everyone vote for themselves" idea, though I personally feel drawn to vote for Kate, HeMan, or MP to have the shield, since I think they were objective in listening to my pleas, and reacted in a way I think a civvie would. MP, I don't know how accurate your theory of what was going down in the thread was, but I think it was well intentioned. Kate, thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Dex/HeMan, I think what you did to tie the lynch was very selfless and I appreciate it.

Above all, I wish I could give my vote to whoever saved me, alas I don't know who that soul might be, though I'm sure I could certainly narrow down the options by looking back in the thread.

My boyfriend Ryan is still over, I was just checking in, so I'll be back on later to discuss what I gathered from the lynch.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by reywaS »

AnnaD's vote is very odd. I can't remember reading any posts from her so far? Did I miss them or has she not be participating?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

reywaS wrote:AnnaD's vote is very odd. I can't remember reading any posts from her so far? Did I miss them or has she not be participating?
She posted once about choosing the Battle Ram instead of a logical choice. Either she is very cunning or not playing with a full deck, methinks. ;)

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:
reywaS wrote:AnnaD's vote is very odd. I can't remember reading any posts from her so far? Did I miss them or has she not be participating?
She posted once about choosing the Battle Ram instead of a logical choice. Either she is very cunning or not playing with a full deck, methinks. ;)
I'm wondering if she just isn't paying too much attention. Also, she is a new player like me. Maybe she didn't know that it's polite to post and say who she voted for and why?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Post by LittleTiger »

Here is the poll vote order:

birthwithteeth11 - 1 - Roxy (21)

blindfaeth - 6 - Dom (4), DharmaHelper (5), Russtifinko (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), reywaS (16), Flyin' High (20)

Boomslang - 6 - thellama73 (2), LittleTiger (12), AllAlongTheBoardwalk (13), Elohcin (17), reptaronice (18), He-Man (22)

He-Man - 4 - MovingPictures07 (3), Kate (9), Boomslang (11), timmer (15)

MovingPictures07 - 2 - Vompatti (10), Snow Dog (19)

reywaS - 1 - blindfaeth (1)

thellama73 - 1 - AceofSpaces (14)

timmer - 1 - Spacedaisy (8)

Non-voters: AnnaDanielle, DFaraday, DisgruntledPorcupine, Ishar Morrad Chuain, JJLehto, KeaponLaffin05, OrsonKidd, >SpaghettiEverywhere
ImageImage
AllAlongTheBoardwalk
Posts in topic: 33

Post by AllAlongTheBoardwalk »

Elohcin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I'm wondering if she just isn't paying too much attention. Also, she is a new player like me. Maybe she didn't know that it's polite to post and say who she voted for and why?

I think it's odd as well. Why would you vote so early in this poll if you weren't paying attention? without saying anything...after completely missing the lynching? It's just off. All we can ask is for a reasonable explanation from her, if one is to be had.
AllAlongTheBoardwalk

...and this voting for yourself thing seems like the cheap way out to me. I'm not singling anyone out here, just saying I think it's the easy way out and I don't know if it's a good idea. If everyone votes for themselves what new information do we gain?
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

So my thoughts exiting the lynch.

Obviously, I don't trust anyone in this game. Especially because I've had baddies buddy up to me before to gain my trust and then backstab me. But here are some people I sort-of trust right here right now.

MP - I'd like to think its not just because what he did in the thread changed the momentum of the pile of votes against me specifically, I just think what he did was noble & genuine and just rang as good intentioned.

Timmer - call me crazy, but he and I just seem to keep butting heads, we are on the same wavelength. I'd like to think my wavelength isn't broadcasting on a baddie signal, lol.

Kate - I think civvies, unless frustrated and stressed out, tend to be objective rather than tunnel visioned and I admire her willingness to re-examine the situation.

Some people worth mentioning, but not sure what I think-

He-Man: I've always liked Dex's style. He is loud and proud like me :fiesta: and, while I do use a spreadsheet every once in a while (mostly smaller games with fewer complicated roles), I also play with my gut. I havent played with him in forever, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. I think there may have been some decent points against him, but TBH as I type I'm realizing I'll have to go back and re-read what was said, because it's all a blur. I was at work while the vote was going on, and I was very focused on trying to convince others to trust me. But as I've already mentioned, I liked how he went out on a limb and voted to tie the lynch, I thought it was very objective (theres that word again) and selfless. That being said, basically, I want to lean civvie on him, I'm just not quite there yet.

FH: I agreed with MP that her vote for me to put me over the top was a little pingy/odd, but the way she went about it didn't particularly bother me. Undecided.

Suspects -

reywaS: Obviously. I don't know if I even needed to list this. I don't know if what he said when he was voting was true, obviously I've been in similar situations before, I have to try and catch up on my phone a lot. And trust me, it is a pain to do especially when you're with friends or something, they are all vying for your attention and don't realize the quicker you can catch up the quicker you can get back to real life.

Anyway, with that said, I think it was also a convenient excuse to ignore the change of momentum of votes in the thread at the time and vote for me. Not that I expected him to place a vote elsewhere, but I would hope a civvie would at least consider all information presented in the thread, comment on why they do or dont like said alternative options while casting their vote. But IDK, I've realized I have had tunnel vision with reywaS and I would like to step back and try to take on a different perspective, but something is really just bothering me.

Roxy - Nothing totally major, but I thought where she threw her vote was really odd based on the timing of everything. It was towards the end, when the lynch hadn't yet been decided and it was up in the air between HeMan, Boomslang and myself. She explained herself well enough, why she didn't want to cast a vote to any of the leaders in the lynch, but idk, I just found it very non-committal. Why throw your vote to someone you know won't get lynched? In my opinion, if I were in her shoes, the main reason I wouldn't want to throw a vote at that point is because my vote could be the deciding factor. And if they turn up civvie, that makes me look bad. But when I'm a civvie, I don't care about that - yes, I'm genuinely remorseful after the fact when their role is revealed, and I try my best to avenge them and adjust my suspect list accordingly. But I don't have anything to fear, because I have nothing to hide. I hope this makes some morsel of sense. Basically I would like to keep an eye on her, because she could have made a statement due to the timing of her arrival but chose not to.

Furthermore, I am increasingly nervous about all of the quiet players. There are even people who have voted without saying a word, which I don't think I've ever encountered before. :ponder:

Linki w/ AATBW
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Well at this point, I think I was terribly wrong about you, BF. I'm sorry I doubted you. :( I will give you another chance to prove yourself later on.

Also, RIP/BIH no one.

I will figure out tomorrow morning/afternoon who I am going to vote to give the shield to first. I do know it will probably be someone I'm getting strong civvie vibes from though. And sorry I'm not posting much right now. Girlfriend is over and I won't be back on until tomorrow. Plus I just worked an almost 10 hour shift so I'm not in the mood to do a lot of thinking lol.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Boomslang »

Not entirely sure how that happened, but glad it did! No one reposing in any sort of afterlife.

As to the shield, I don't see anything wrong about voting for yourself. Maybe if it's a tie, we can all hold the shield together!
*Samwise*SHARE THE LOAD*samwise*
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 14

Re: [Day 1] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Dom »

Roxy wrote:Also:
timmer wrote:not a lot of tine but a reread makes heman look like a good shot at a baddie to me.

voting heman
Hell-o pingalicious! I will be looking at Timmer next fo sure
Thought the same thing... Just wanted to echo the sentiment.

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't think He-Man may be as baddie anymore, honestly. The way Boomslang and timmer latched onto that felt very baddie bandwagony to me and I'm beginning to think I'm on the wrong track with that one, just for those reasons.

We'll see how BF flips, but I also found FH's last-minute vote to put BF over Boomslang a bit pingy as well. While I thought the same exact thing about reptaronice's vote when I saw he voted without posting, it could be that she is pointing that out to avoid seeming Boomslang's teammate. But this is all assuming BF is good and Boomslang is bad.
Is your bike broken because you seem to be backpeddlin' pretty fast
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Annadanielle I know from another forum, but not well. It is hardly possible she likes me and wishes for me to have the shield for that reason.
So she is either being coerced somehow into that vote or she is making it look like she wants to protect me because we are on the same team. This makes her suspect. Also He- Mans lkevelling the vote for lynching is suspect. Was he trying to save a fellow baddie?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^edit levelling the vote
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Vompatti »

I'm not voting for myself, so I'm voting for LittleTiger, just because.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Zany Dex »

reywaS wrote:Great post, Epignosis! You are certainly doing those of us that grew up on He-Man proud. :D

Interesting lynch result. I'll have to look at the roles and read the post again.
This!

BF makes a good point on reywas vote he didn't take into account all the drama of the last few hours he kinda skipped over it. That doesn't seem very rey like. And roxy with her BWT vote hmm I agree very non committal.

As for me tying up the vote we as a mafia community more often than not lynch civvies day one, this is why I voted boomslang he pinged me and it was enough to try and help BF.

I'm a civvie BF is likely civvie 2 civvies with the more votes than anyone else, classic day one.

Now I could be wrong about BF but he seems helpful to me. And helpful with the info he got and he is not afraid to lay it all out there something baddies rarely do.

Dom I agree with you about MP and his broken bike lol it was a very quick U turn I have my eyes on him for sure!
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:I'm not voting for myself, so I'm voting for LittleTiger, just because.
Well I was going to vote Anna to pay her back but this might change things. May now have to vote myself to equal LT.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm not voting for myself, so I'm voting for LittleTiger, just because.
Well I was going to vote Anna to pay her back but this might change things. May now have to vote myself to equal LT.
You would have voted for her before finding out why she voted for you?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Flyin' High wrote:

linki = from "linkitis" which is a term derived a long time ago on another forum but basically means a post (or posts) were made while you typed up a reply and you added new comments based on what had been said while you were replying to the thread
I have seen this in posts but don't understand how it works if we cannot edit posts.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
You would have voted for her before finding out why she voted for you?
Yes. Definitely. To keep everyone on one vote.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I think it's odd as well. Why would you vote so early in this poll if you weren't paying attention? without saying anything...after completely missing the lynching? It's just off. All we can ask is for a reasonable explanation from her, if one is to be had.
Maybe she logged in and thought the lynching was still going on for some reason, didn't read the new question at the top of the poll, and voted snow dog because that is who she was going to vote for for the lynching. I don't know. Is there a way to know how long she was logged in before she voted? If so, was it long enough for her to realize that the lynching was a tie and long enough for her to read the new posts from Epignosis? Maybe she thought, "Ugh, I am busy but I need to get on Mafia and participate real quick so people aren't suspicious of me." And, turns out that is what is making us all suspicious of her. Who knows. On day one I thought you were all pretty crazy for reading so much into what people were saying when we had just begun the game. Well, this is me doing my part and reading into things :)
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

blindfaeth wrote:
Furthermore, I am increasingly nervous about all of the quiet players. There are even people who have voted without saying a word, which I don't think I've ever encountered before. :ponder:
I wouldn't have known it was polite to post who I voted for and why if I wasn't told. We have a lot of new players. Maybe someone should make a list of Mafia etiquette.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^^Yes, I voted for the travel option without posting but then for the lynching I noticed evryone was posting what they voted so I followed suit.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I trust MP at this point. I know this game is about deception, but I have trouble believing he would lie outright about his civvie-ness (and fairly forcefully, if I recall). If he is lying, he's a lot more devious than I realized and thus would probably kill me no matter what I did, so I'm gonna believe him.
blindfaeth wrote: Furthermore, I am increasingly nervous about all of the quiet players. There are even people who have voted without saying a word, which I don't think I've ever encountered before. :ponder:
I hate to echo BF after voting for him, and am not prepared to say he's a civvie yet, but I am I am suspicious of Anna's votes without posts as well (btw, reptar did this too right?). I think she is worth keeping in mind for the voting tomorrow unless we get a satisfactory explanation. I agree with Snow Dog's sentiment that, even being new to Mafia, some of us have picked up the etiquette by playing. By tomorrow we'll be 5 days into the game, and at that point I think it's fair to give people who haven't posted a closer look.

However, tonight's vote seems to be more about who we should be trusting. A vote for myself seems like a throwaway at this point, and throwaway votes seem suspicious to me as a way to avoid scrutiny. I'm not sure who I do trust besides MP yet, so my vote goes to him.

By the way, the fact that no player got more than 6 lynch votes was interesting. Since we have 2 teams of 6 baddies each, that means it's pretty unlikely either baddie team voted unanimously for the same person (although not entirely impossible). If we assume one of the 2 leading vote-getters was bad and one was good, then the baddie team that person belonged to would have to be fairly uncoordinated to almost let a member get lynched when they could have avoided it, right? There were good reasons to vote for either, and I doubt voting to tip the scales one way or another would have looked too suspicious. It seems too clumsy to me, which leaves 3 possibilities:

1) BoomSlang and BF are both civvies, in which case one or both baddie teams took advantage of our misplaced suspicions to divide their votes, avoid scrutiny, and let a civvie get lynched all in one go. In this case, the no-votes could very well be baddies who are lying very low at the beginning. They were foiled somehow, which still seems to clumsy to me, although it's plausible that He-Man screwed them over.

2) Both of them are baddies on the same team, which means the baddies were in a tough spot to start with. In this scenario, they either tied the vote hoping this would happen (which was very thoughtful and lucky of them) or figured they would have to take the loss and voted for the player less valuable to themselves. This implies that civvie and baddie votes could both have been fairly concentrated, and means the few single votes and no-votes aren't any more or less suspicious, as there was one baddie team that wasn't necessarily involved at all.

3) They're baddies on different teams, which would mean both baddie teams tried to make the other team's member lose. This would mean the civvie votes were more spread out, and baddie votes would be concentrated among the top 2 or 3 vote-getters. It seems somewhat likely given that baddies can coordinate and civvies can't. This theory would mean He-Man is on BF's baddie team and was trying to save him, while Roxy was on the other baddie team. The singletons and non-voters are most likely civvies in this case (bad news, if so many civvies are failing to vote and post).

Any input on this theory, or which of the 3 is most likely? I'm completely spitballing. Being a first-timer, I have no knowledge of how baddie voting strategies tend to play out. Can speak from past experience on whether baddie teams will vote together early to save one of their own even though it likely means increased suspicion later, or the likelihood of a baddie voting war?

Sorry this got so long. Hope it generates useful theories!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

blindfaeth wrote:So my thoughts exiting the lynch.

Obviously, I don't trust anyone in this game. Especially because I've had baddies buddy up to me before to gain my trust and then backstab me. But here are some people I sort-of trust right here right now.

MP - I'd like to think its not just because what he did in the thread changed the momentum of the pile of votes against me specifically, I just think what he did was noble & genuine and just rang as good intentioned.

Timmer - call me crazy, but he and I just seem to keep butting heads, we are on the same wavelength. I'd like to think my wavelength isn't broadcasting on a baddie signal, lol.

Kate - I think civvies, unless frustrated and stressed out, tend to be objective rather than tunnel visioned and I admire her willingness to re-examine the situation.

Some people worth mentioning, but not sure what I think-

He-Man: I've always liked Dex's style. He is loud and proud like me :fiesta: and, while I do use a spreadsheet every once in a while (mostly smaller games with fewer complicated roles), I also play with my gut. I havent played with him in forever, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. I think there may have been some decent points against him, but TBH as I type I'm realizing I'll have to go back and re-read what was said, because it's all a blur. I was at work while the vote was going on, and I was very focused on trying to convince others to trust me. But as I've already mentioned, I liked how he went out on a limb and voted to tie the lynch, I thought it was very objective (theres that word again) and selfless. That being said, basically, I want to lean civvie on him, I'm just not quite there yet.

FH: I agreed with MP that her vote for me to put me over the top was a little pingy/odd, but the way she went about it didn't particularly bother me. Undecided.

Suspects -

reywaS: Obviously. I don't know if I even needed to list this. I don't know if what he said when he was voting was true, obviously I've been in similar situations before, I have to try and catch up on my phone a lot. And trust me, it is a pain to do especially when you're with friends or something, they are all vying for your attention and don't realize the quicker you can catch up the quicker you can get back to real life.

Anyway, with that said, I think it was also a convenient excuse to ignore the change of momentum of votes in the thread at the time and vote for me. Not that I expected him to place a vote elsewhere, but I would hope a civvie would at least consider all information presented in the thread, comment on why they do or dont like said alternative options while casting their vote. But IDK, I've realized I have had tunnel vision with reywaS and I would like to step back and try to take on a different perspective, but something is really just bothering me.

Roxy - Nothing totally major, but I thought where she threw her vote was really odd based on the timing of everything. It was towards the end, when the lynch hadn't yet been decided and it was up in the air between HeMan, Boomslang and myself. She explained herself well enough, why she didn't want to cast a vote to any of the leaders in the lynch, but idk, I just found it very non-committal. Why throw your vote to someone you know won't get lynched? In my opinion, if I were in her shoes, the main reason I wouldn't want to throw a vote at that point is because my vote could be the deciding factor. And if they turn up civvie, that makes me look bad. But when I'm a civvie, I don't care about that - yes, I'm genuinely remorseful after the fact when their role is revealed, and I try my best to avenge them and adjust my suspect list accordingly. But I don't have anything to fear, because I have nothing to hide. I hope this makes some morsel of sense. Basically I would like to keep an eye on her, because she could have made a statement due to the timing of her arrival but chose not to.

Linki w/ AATBW
You don't know me very well as a mafia player if you think I would use an excuse like that to avoid what's going on in the thread. After I caught up and before Epig posted the lynch, I did read everything that went down. I STILL would have very much voted for you regardless of everything else. Why would I go to the trouble of lying about my RL situation yesterday? I ain't never scared!! :D But seriously, I would not have changed a thing after catching up. Having said that, I'm going into the next lynch period with an open mind because I do get tunnel visioned sometimes and I've found that I usually end up being wrong when this happens. Not always, of course, but more often than not. And I'm not saying that I'm wrong about you because I still don't like the big NO U you pulled on me and I really don't like the fact that the reason you gave for voting for me was that I "irritated" you. Perhaps you should go back and read some of my other games....I've irritated tons of people before. LOL
Some day, Some day
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

By the way, in my previous post I didn't mean Roxy. I meant whoever it was that voted toward the end of the poll to put BF in the lead for lynch votes. Apparently I remembered wrong. I still haven't found who it actually was, so someone please post that to correct me at some point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote: By the way, the fact that no player got more than 6 lynch votes was interesting. Since we have 2 teams of 6 baddies each, that means it's pretty unlikely either baddie team voted unanimously for the same person (although not entirely impossible). If we assume one of the 2 leading vote-getters was bad and one was good, then the baddie team that person belonged to would have to be fairly uncoordinated to almost let a member get lynched when they could have avoided it, right? There were good reasons to vote for either, and I doubt voting to tip the scales one way or another would have looked too suspicious. It seems too clumsy to me, which leaves 3 possibilities:

1) BoomSlang and BF are both civvies, in which case one or both baddie teams took advantage of our misplaced suspicions to divide their votes, avoid scrutiny, and let a civvie get lynched all in one go. In this case, the no-votes could very well be baddies who are lying very low at the beginning. They were foiled somehow, which still seems to clumsy to me, although it's plausible that He-Man screwed them over.

2) Both of them are baddies on the same team, which means the baddies were in a tough spot to start with. In this scenario, they either tied the vote hoping this would happen (which was very thoughtful and lucky of them) or figured they would have to take the loss and voted for the player less valuable to themselves. This implies that civvie and baddie votes could both have been fairly concentrated, and means the few single votes and no-votes aren't any more or less suspicious, as there was one baddie team that wasn't necessarily involved at all.

3) They're baddies on different teams, which would mean both baddie teams tried to make the other team's member lose. This would mean the civvie votes were more spread out, and baddie votes would be concentrated among the top 2 or 3 vote-getters. It seems somewhat likely given that baddies can coordinate and civvies can't. This theory would mean He-Man is on BF's baddie team and was trying to save him, while Roxy was on the other baddie team. The singletons and non-voters are most likely civvies in this case (bad news, if so many civvies are failing to vote and post).

Any input on this theory, or which of the 3 is most likely? I'm completely spitballing. Being a first-timer, I have no knowledge of how baddie voting strategies tend to play out. Can speak from past experience on whether baddie teams will vote together early to save one of their own even though it likely means increased suspicion later, or the likelihood of a baddie voting war?

I think all of these are wrong, and that BF is a civvie and Boomslang is a baddie. BF's actions make no sense to me if he were a baddie. Why would he react so harshly and draw attention to himself? Boomslang, on the other hand, has drawn my suspicions from the start. The 6 vote-6-vote thing is likely a coincidence, because I don't think an entire team of baddies would vote together on the first day. It would look too obvious. Also, there's the fact that I was one of the six Boomslang votes, and I am not a baddie :)

AllAlongTheBoardwalk

Elohcin wrote:
AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Maybe she logged in and thought the lynching was still going on for some reason, didn't read the new question at the top of the poll, and voted snow dog because that is who she was going to vote for for the lynching. I don't know. Is there a way to know how long she was logged in before she voted? If so, was it long enough for her to realize that the lynching was a tie and long enough for her to read the new posts from Epignosis? Maybe she thought, "Ugh, I am busy but I need to get on Mafia and participate real quick so people aren't suspicious of me." And, turns out that is what is making us all suspicious of her. Who knows. On day one I thought you were all pretty crazy for reading so much into what people were saying when we had just begun the game. Well, this is me doing my part and reading into things :)
Fair Enough. I'm willing to wait and see...and that was a crazy amount of reading so if she came in late it probably would've been hard to catch up in time.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Im in court this morning. No time to catch up now.

Voting kate. Im a good choice.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

Russtifinko wrote:By the way, in my previous post I didn't mean Roxy. I meant whoever it was that voted toward the end of the poll to put BF in the lead for lynch votes. Apparently I remembered wrong. I still haven't found who it actually was, so someone please post that to correct me at some point.
That was me. I stand by my vote at the time--I was most suspicious of blindfaeth--I would have had to break a tie either way since the person I was second-most suspcious of was Boomslang. Since then, I'm not so sure about BF being bad.

Snow Dog wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:

linki = from "linkitis" which is a term derived a long time ago on another forum but basically means a post (or posts) were made while you typed up a reply and you added new comments based on what had been said while you were replying to the thread
I have seen this in posts but don't understand how it works if we cannot edit posts.
Oh, the function is used while you are still in the process of typing up a post. So when you type a post and hit submit, sometimes instead of it submitting, it'll show new posts that were made while you were typing up a post of your own and you'll still be on the "reply to thread" page. During that time, before your post is submitted, you can add more to your post, or change something you said based on the new posts that were made. I hope that makes sense--it's hard to show without taking screencaps.

Also, I've seen some people asking for a quick mafia etiquette lesson. Honestly, the main one that comes to mind and has already been discussed is make a post when you vote and bold your vote in the post. This is especially helpful for being able to go back through the thread and look at the timing of when someone voted in relation to other people. I'll give this some thought and if any more come to mind I'll post them. :)
ImageImage

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Flyin' High wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:By the way, in my previous post I didn't mean Roxy. I meant whoever it was that voted toward the end of the poll to put BF in the lead for lynch votes. Apparently I remembered wrong. I still haven't found who it actually was, so someone please post that to correct me at some point.
That was me. I stand by my vote at the time--I was most suspicious of blindfaeth--I would have had to break a tie either way since the person I was second-most suspcious of was Boomslang. Since then, I'm not so sure about BF being bad.

Snow Dog wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:

Oh, the function is used while you are still in the process of typing up a post. So when you type a post and hit submit, sometimes instead of it submitting, it'll show new posts that were made while you were typing up a post of your own and you'll still be on the "reply to thread" page. During that time, before your post is submitted, you can add more to your post, or change something you said based on the new posts that were made. I hope that makes sense--it's hard to show without taking screencaps.

Also, I've seen some people asking for a quick mafia etiquette lesson. Honestly, the main one that comes to mind and has already been discussed is make a post when you vote and bold your vote in the post. This is especially helpful for being able to go back through the thread and look at the timing of when someone voted in relation to other people. I'll give this some thought and if any more come to mind I'll post them. :)
Oh yes. I've seen that happen when I press submit. So that's what that is. Many thanks. :lorab:

And I din't know votes need to be in bold. So thanks for that too. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I've been linki x5 before I finally got my post submitted. LOL

linki w/ Snowdog :haha:
Some day, Some day
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

Voted Timmer. I've heard good things about that dude. (And this is a bust few days for me, I won't be around too much but I'll keep current as best I can)
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote: By the way, the fact that no player got more than 6 lynch votes was interesting. Since we have 2 teams of 6 baddies each, that means it's pretty unlikely either baddie team voted unanimously for the same person (although not entirely impossible). If we assume one of the 2 leading vote-getters was bad and one was good, then the baddie team that person belonged to would have to be fairly uncoordinated to almost let a member get lynched when they could have avoided it, right? There were good reasons to vote for either, and I doubt voting to tip the scales one way or another would have looked too suspicious. It seems too clumsy to me, which leaves 3 possibilities:

I think all of these are wrong, and that BF is a civvie and Boomslang is a baddie. BF's actions make no sense to me if he were a baddie. Why would he react so harshly and draw attention to himself? Boomslang, on the other hand, has drawn my suspicions from the start. The 6 vote-6-vote thing is likely a coincidence, because I don't think an entire team of baddies would vote together on the first day. It would look too obvious. Also, there's the fact that I was one of the six Boomslang votes, and I am not a baddie :)
Russ, I'm glad to see you get into the game and I think you have made some interesting points. However, I think I agree with llama here, given how the whole lynch went down. In addition to his point here, I led the case against He-Man, and I am not a baddie. Whether He-Man is, I don't know. The second most likely scenario I think with BF and Boomslang is your #1 listed above that they both could be civvies. But honestly I don't know. I'm disappointed we didn't get any concrete evidence via something flipping good or bad, but I'm glad we didn't have someone die, assuming BF and/or Boomslang are civvies. Assuming someone is lynched tomorrow for good reasons, then we'll have something more concrete. But the speculation is good, it's always better to think aloud than to hide and not contribute.

Speaking of which, I do hope some of those very quiet players come back soon, JJLehto, Anna, DP, reptar (to explain his vote), and Daisy. Speaking of my significant other, where has she been? I want to see what she has to say about all of this.

And where are Ishar, KeaponLaffin, and Orson, are they even playing? Have we even seen anything from these people, and has anyone been in contact with them? I have talked to keapon and in passing once saying the game started, but that was it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I should have combined all of these into one post, sorry.

AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:...and this voting for yourself thing seems like the cheap way out to me. I'm not singling anyone out here, just saying I think it's the easy way out and I don't know if it's a good idea. If everyone votes for themselves what new information do we gain?
I understand your point of view here, but what information we could gain by voting others is hard to interpret the actual intentions (whether they are good or not). That being said, I'm all for seeing if people vote for anyone other than themselves and why they would.

Personally, I just don't know whom to trust this early on so I didn't feel comfortable electing anyone else.

Dom wrote:
Roxy wrote:Also:
timmer wrote:not a lot of tine but a reread makes heman look like a good shot at a baddie to me.

voting heman
Hell-o pingalicious! I will be looking at Timmer next fo sure
Thought the same thing... Just wanted to echo the sentiment.

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't think He-Man may be as baddie anymore, honestly. The way Boomslang and timmer latched onto that felt very baddie bandwagony to me and I'm beginning to think I'm on the wrong track with that one, just for those reasons.

We'll see how BF flips, but I also found FH's last-minute vote to put BF over Boomslang a bit pingy as well. While I thought the same exact thing about reptaronice's vote when I saw he voted without posting, it could be that she is pointing that out to avoid seeming Boomslang's teammate. But this is all assuming BF is good and Boomslang is bad.
Is your bike broken because you seem to be backpeddlin' pretty fast
Really Dom? And did you not see my question earlier where you've been trying to paint mine and He-Man's behavior as really 'weird' I think was the word you used? Can you please clarify on that?

Why would I so easily draw attention to myself by backing off of my biggest ping before and during Day 1? I still stand by my evaluation of He-Man based on what information we had at the time, but the way Boomslang is acting doesn't make me feel super good about him, AND he and Timmer both dropped right in and bandwagoned onto He-Man without even mentioning him before. That pinged me quite a bit, so I'm just wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree here. It's hard to say.

That, and, I realized I should put other players up to the standard I was putting He-Man on. I still don't feel super good about him, but now that we have much more information to base reads for other players off of (the way they voted, and more discussion to boot), it helps me evaluate others as well. His defenses could very well be genuine, and I'm open to that possibility. I still am leaning towards them not being so, but I'm not sure he tops my suspicion list anymore.

If you think that's suspicious, then you are obviously baddie or are you just don't know how to read me. And being how we've been mafia rivals since my very first game, I doubt the latter, but I suppose it's possible.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, Russ, I forgot to say, I am flattered you considered me for the shield, so thank you. I have a tendency to trust you as well at this point, but you should take no offense in that I don't currently trust you -- but that's because I don't trust anyone right now. Especially with 12 baddies in this game (and 2 indies? not sure if they are good or bad).

That being said, I am getting what I believe are civvie vibes from you and a few others, though I'm still holding you to the same :eye: as everyone else.

Now back to more studying!
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DFaraday »

Russtifinko wrote:I trust MP at this point. I know this game is about deception, but I have trouble believing he would lie outright about his civvie-ness (and fairly forcefully, if I recall). If he is lying, he's a lot more devious than I realized and thus would probably kill me no matter what I did, so I'm gonna believe him.
blindfaeth wrote: Furthermore, I am increasingly nervous about all of the quiet players. There are even people who have voted without saying a word, which I don't think I've ever encountered before. :ponder:
I hate to echo BF after voting for him, and am not prepared to say he's a civvie yet, but I am I am suspicious of Anna's votes without posts as well (btw, reptar did this too right?). I think she is worth keeping in mind for the voting tomorrow unless we get a satisfactory explanation. I agree with Snow Dog's sentiment that, even being new to Mafia, some of us have picked up the etiquette by playing. By tomorrow we'll be 5 days into the game, and at that point I think it's fair to give people who haven't posted a closer look.

However, tonight's vote seems to be more about who we should be trusting. A vote for myself seems like a throwaway at this point, and throwaway votes seem suspicious to me as a way to avoid scrutiny. I'm not sure who I do trust besides MP yet, so my vote goes to him.

By the way, the fact that no player got more than 6 lynch votes was interesting. Since we have 2 teams of 6 baddies each, that means it's pretty unlikely either baddie team voted unanimously for the same person (although not entirely impossible). If we assume one of the 2 leading vote-getters was bad and one was good, then the baddie team that person belonged to would have to be fairly uncoordinated to almost let a member get lynched when they could have avoided it, right? There were good reasons to vote for either, and I doubt voting to tip the scales one way or another would have looked too suspicious. It seems too clumsy to me, which leaves 3 possibilities:

I don't think it's implausible at all that one of the two is baddie and one is civvie. If one person starts picking up votes rapidly, it can definitely look suspicious (and blatantly teammate-saving) if there's suddenly a rush for the next most likely lynch candidate. So, I can see why if either BF or Boomslang was baddie their teammates didn't rush to their defense. Also, you'd be surprised how often teams can be uncoordinated in Mafia. :D Of the two, I still feel a bit more pinged by BF's aggressiveness, but now the AnnaD and Vomps twists are opening up another couple of places to look.

In a shocking turn of events, I'm voting for DF.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tie breaking is fun.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What's up with all the votes for LT? Could there be some BTSC going on there?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:What's up with all the votes for LT? Could there be some BTSC going on there?
I was wondering the same thing (and yes, I'm not studying, but I swear I'll be back to being busy doing so after this post).

Unless there are baddie shenanigans, this seems like it might be pretty clear. However, wouldn't that also make LT a good NK target? Not sure how I feel about this.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Boomslang »

Looks like whoever they are, they decided to break the Mexican standoff. Vomps voted for LT "just because," and DH voted for "tie breaking." Does the lack of explanations here seem pingy to anyone else?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Yes, especially on the heels of the similar post in Tranq's GTA where the baddie team voted to give a baddie the prize.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DharmaHelper »

I just felt like breaking the tie, given that even if I voted for myself I wouldn't stand a chance at winning. :bounce:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I agree that it is suspicious, but I can't see why baddies, or at least not those from Snake Mountain, would have any reason to protect someone from the night vote. It makes me think LT is probably a civvie with BTSC with other civvies.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Boomslang wrote:Looks like whoever they are, they decided to break the Mexican standoff. Vomps voted for LT "just because," and DH voted for "tie breaking." Does the lack of explanations here seem pingy to anyone else?
That sounds like typical Vompatti behaviour to me. Could be that's what he wants us to think though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”