Total votes: 22
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 1]

Post by Thunal33 »

tutuu wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:35 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 pm From a mechanical standpoint Hyena's role would make more sense as a town role and be almost entirely protown. It would be possible to use such a role in a way that benefits mafia but in general it would benefit town a lot more.
a role mechanically benefitting town is a good motivation to make it mafia-aligned so that people townread it, just like you are wanting to do :p. there's your mafia benefit to the role

(im not saying hyena is necessarily scum for that role but i think townreading the mechanics of the role is a mistake even if he's town)
I don't think the hosts generally make pro-town roles mafia aligned for the sole purpose of messing with us. I think I was probably just wrong.

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm i dont want thunal in there. im concerned about her
Why are you concerned about me?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

In Radiohead, Poison was an independent role that had a soup-like ability which could have become hostile to town if the game wasn’t such a blowout. She didn’t end up posing a threat, but she could have.

She made up a fake claim to stay alive and justify all of the information she was accumulating about people’s roles and won behind that.

I am worried about something similar with Alison. There is no way to know, and I have no suggestion for what specifically she could be angling toward right now. But I can’t shake this skepticism. And I don’t exactly know what to do about her either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:50 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:35 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 pm From a mechanical standpoint Hyena's role would make more sense as a town role and be almost entirely protown. It would be possible to use such a role in a way that benefits mafia but in general it would benefit town a lot more.
a role mechanically benefitting town is a good motivation to make it mafia-aligned so that people townread it, just like you are wanting to do :p. there's your mafia benefit to the role

(im not saying hyena is necessarily scum for that role but i think townreading the mechanics of the role is a mistake even if he's town)
I don't think the hosts generally make pro-town roles mafia aligned for the sole purpose of messing with us. I think I was probably just wrong.

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
the purpose isn't to mess with you the purpose is to balance it! ive seen it happen, and i think its a solid game design philosophy. ive seen creating useless town roles for the sake of being scummy too. i dont think thats bad design at all. if a role is meant to be self-clearing there is already a role for that - innocent child!!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 pm
@tutuu
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 91
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm i dont want thunal in there. im concerned about her
you're missing your spark
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 pm In Radiohead, Poison was an independent role that had a soup-like ability which could have become hostile to town if the game wasn’t such a blowout. She didn’t end up posing a threat, but she could have.

She made up a fake claim to stay alive and justify all of the information she was accumulating about people’s roles and won behind that.

I am worried about something similar with Alison. There is no way to know, and I have no suggestion for what specifically she could be angling toward right now. But I can’t shake this skepticism. And I don’t exactly know what to do about her either.
i really don't think this is the case
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 pm @Made after some review christmas sloon, acted similarly in christmas, though he seems more active here, which may be the result of this being a more active game in general.

also he really sorta just slam dumked you into a garbage can right out of the gate, huh
I have been snowed in at home since this game started, for the record.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 pm In Radiohead, Poison was an independent role that had a soup-like ability which could have become hostile to town if the game wasn’t such a blowout. She didn’t end up posing a threat, but she could have.

Why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

lol mac

i bet you feel like you're the guy in the red jacket and we're the dice master right now :p
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 pm

Why not?
don't really want to get into it, call it a strong feeling about how alison plays
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

It makes me feel a little better that Alison claimed gambit demon specifically. I played in Shadow Corridors and the gambit demon was sort of a true neutral role and didn't pose any inherent threat to town. I think it's possible Alison might be hiding something with her bargains (like maybe taking a certain bargain kills the player who takes it like in Shadow Corridors) but I don't think she's an inherently antitown 3p with that claim. Also from a balance standpoint it would be really scumsided to have 2 scum teams and a hostile 3p.
ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 237

Post by Alison »

Poison's was a completely different case. Poison roleclaimed late, after a lot of speculation about a possible 3P nuking the game was bandied about. I claimed on my first post. That makes my claim more credible and trustworthy by definition since it's less influenced by what the thread wants to hear and more influenced by, y'know, my role PM.

The other thing is that I'm not claiming in a completely closed setup. We know what kinds of roles are in this game - they're named after, and meant to spiritually invoke, the roles that people had throughout the year. I'm not claiming something completely out of the box that you've never seen before, I'm claiming Gambit Demon. I would not claim GD unless I was actually GD because of the high chance of a counterclaim. Therefore my role is a role that's similar to GD, as the host has stated that roles people get are meant to follow the spirit of the original role. Which means I'm not completely making shit up, you know that at the very least it's going to involve offering people bargains for mutual gain, and that I have a 3P win condition revolving around bargaining with a ton of people.

So yeah. Treat me with skepticism if you like, but don't compare me to Poison, because this claim is nothing like hers. I've been open and honest about what my role does, why I'm townsiding and how it benefits y'all, and suggested strategies to ensure that any deception on my part doesn't screw you guys over.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:52 pm
Haven't we only played in turbos and the hydra mash together?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

► Show Spoiler
Alison

Post by Alison »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:56 pm

It makes me feel a little better that Alison claimed gambit demon specifically. I played in Shadow Corridors and the gambit demon was sort of a true neutral role and didn't pose any inherent threat to town. I think it's possible Alison might be hiding something with her bargains (like maybe taking a certain bargain kills the player who takes it like in Shadow Corridors) but I don't think she's an inherently antitown 3p with that claim. Also from a balance standpoint it would be really scumsided to have 2 scum teams and a hostile 3p.
that's why we're giving the roles to people in the POE anyway. like these are people you wouldn't mind seeing dead regardless so even if I'm hiding some horrendous drawback who gives a fuck
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 pm don't really want to get into it, call it a strong feeling about how alison plays
I'm sort of curious to hear what this is about! Maybe after the game
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

are you saying that you missing the solving spark you normally have is because you're not in a turbo?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if alison's target can use power on n1 im heavily nominating myself and disqualifying everyone else, i wish to be a bus-driver that can self-target thats ridiculously strong and since im consensus town i like my chances

especially adding a doctor on the mix and/or wifoming the mafia about whether or not ill self-busdrive on even or odd nights.

potentially unkillable. good stuff
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

112 is looking a bit better, I don't townread her but I think the shallow takes I suspected her for earlier might just be her playstyle.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

i am done wit yaz
Alison

Post by Alison »

oh right while I'm here I should advertise that I've recently started playing League of Legends, and since we all know this is a League of Legends forum, if y'all wanna add me, I'm Alison Air on the NA server. I've already had a fun game with Marmot and Urist is on my friends list too!

alright peace out for now since nobody seems to have more questions!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

lolol
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:00 pm
are you saying that you missing the solving spark you normally have is because you're not in a turbo?
No I'm just questioning how you were able to make that observation since we don't have a lot of experience playing together and we've only played together in very different types of games. I'd say I don't have as much of a sense of urgency this game as in a turbo or a mash since I have a lot of time before I have to decide, but I'm definitely interested in solving this game.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 pm oh right while I'm here I should advertise that I've recently started playing League of Legends, and since we all know this is a League of Legends forum, if y'all wanna add me, I'm Alison Air on the NA server. I've already had a fun game with Marmot and Urist is on my friends list too!

r u mafia?
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1011
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 pm @Made after some review christmas sloon, acted similarly in christmas, though he seems more active here, which may be the result of this being a more active game in general.

also he really sorta just slam dumked you into a garbage can right out of the gate, huh
it's why i remember him so vividly :haha:
sloontown prob
Pov: you reading my takes
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 pm oh right while I'm here I should advertise that I've recently started playing League of Legends, and since we all know this is a League of Legends forum, if y'all wanna add me, I'm Alison Air on the NA server. I've already had a fun game with Marmot and Urist is on my friends list too!

r u mafia?
no
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

oh wow i really popped off,

mac, change ur vote
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

thunal in every game you've towned in that I've seen, you've had a solving spark. in this game you're pretty dull so far

it's concerning and I don't think game type matters
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:07 pm oh wow i really popped off,

mac, change ur vote
what
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:09 pm

mac, change ur vote
what
vote for an actually scummy player like....hmmm

Tim?
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu:

- you get the ability the following night after i bargain. So if I bargain for bus driver with someone n1 they can start bus driving n2

- thieving role steals abilities for 1 phase. So if you end day 2 voting for the tracker, then n2 you get a tracker ability. n3 you lose the tracker ability but gain an ability from whoever you voted d3, etc.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

actually, there's probably a case for Jpic right?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:10 pm

mac, change ur vote
what

Tim?
ur not scum? weird.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

i thought for sure you were
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

oh well if u say so

[VOTE: JPIC] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

@Made what is the case against you?
Made
Hitman

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 0]

Post by Made »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:12 pm i thought for sure you were
trying out the whole "openwolf" thing. It's scary how well it works. Like so long as no one points at you, you just win lmao
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm Nutella reads me very well. She is one of the players Mafia Sloonei worries about the most. She has gotten better at discerning the differences between my town and scum games recently, and catches me most of the time when I’m bad.

As such, I usually gauge my read on her through her read on me. In this game she treated me with some initial skepticism but came around to a town read before long. I feel like I’ve been decently town to this point, but not in the hyperactive and undeniable way that I am capable of. If nutella is a mafier here, I feel like she keeps up the skepticism a bit longer, either to keep me off balance or to earn my trust by challenging me. That she town reads me for a more subdued (by my standards) town performance thus far is a good sign to me.

Nutella town.
Yes, but there's still the possibility of you being scum together so this means nothing to me
this is grosssss how are we cool with this?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

@nutella? @Hyena? same question
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 pm @Made what is the case against you?
i'm scummy lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 0]

Post by MacDougall »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:12 pm i thought for sure you were
trying out the whole "openwolf" thing. It's scary how well it works. Like so long as no one points at you, you just win lmao
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm Nutella reads me very well. She is one of the players Mafia Sloonei worries about the most. She has gotten better at discerning the differences between my town and scum games recently, and catches me most of the time when I’m bad.

As such, I usually gauge my read on her through her read on me. In this game she treated me with some initial skepticism but came around to a town read before long. I feel like I’ve been decently town to this point, but not in the hyperactive and undeniable way that I am capable of. If nutella is a mafier here, I feel like she keeps up the skepticism a bit longer, either to keep me off balance or to earn my trust by challenging me. That she town reads me for a more subdued (by my standards) town performance thus far is a good sign to me.

Nutella town.
Yes, but there's still the possibility of you being scum together so this means nothing to me
this is grosssss how are we cool with this?
ok
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

mac, change ur vote
what

Tim?
opportunistic lol
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

oh my voters. already said some of this.. but.
best look - cat. saw scummy play, voted scummy player, left.

i don't think any of my voters look particularly bad, but that might just be because the whole multi team thing.. voting scummy looking people doesn't have the same advantage it normally does and i'm still internalizing that. more thinking required, but i'm leaving the processor running on that one.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:17 pm

mac, change ur vote
what

Tim?
opportunistic lol
maybe i'm baddie hunting another scum player :noble:

(Tim is nice people tho!)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 pm @Made what is the case against you?
i'm scummy lol
Have you been intentionally suspicious?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

mac, change ur vote
what

Tim?
[VOTE: made] aubergine

I was gonna move back to radish but this post stinks to high heavens
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:11 pm actually, there's probably a case for Jpic right?
this one too
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

made/jpic probably w/w yolo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 pm @nutella? @Hyena? same question
what?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”