[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Re: [Day 2] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Flyin' High »

I know my vote puts me in a very precarious situation today, but I assure you I am not a baddie. I think either boomslang's teammates had already voted at the time the slew of votes came in for him (a third of the players in the game had already voted by the time boomslang received a second vote) and/or they were among the non-posters/non-voters. As well as perhaps one or two being BF voters.
ImageImage

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by AceofSpaces »

Very good results.
AllAlongTheBoardwalk
Posts in topic: 33

Post by AllAlongTheBoardwalk »

And the crowd goes wild!!!!
AllAlongTheBoardwalk
Posts in topic: 33

Post by AllAlongTheBoardwalk »

So what can be established from this series of events other than the fact that Boomslang was a baddie?
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

ugh this re-read is taking a lot longer than I suspected. I'm only on page 4. I've also taken the time to just glance over boomslang's posts since there weren't very many, and there isn't much to garner unfortunately. The vote for He-Man is just another reason I don't think he is a part of the Snake Mountain team. Beyond that, he's lightly mentioned LT and DH as "pingy" just recently, if that's any help.

FWIW at the point in the thread I'm at with the information I now know, I'm kinda civvie leaning on russtifinko. Though Russ has only a few posts, he also has some really good input. Also, I noticed llama referred to FH as a he on page 2 right after the race. From what I understand, llama is new and probably wouldnt know her gender. But I've also seen this done before as a distancing thing between btsc partners, it makes you think they couldn't possibly be teammates if they don't know so-and-so is a girl/boy. Just something I wanted to point out, again, if thats worth anything. I'll keep reading, but I don't recall FH or anyone else for that matter correcting them. *shrug*

linki w/ AATBW: to answer your post, we can try to draw conclusions on who might have been his teammate. There's a couple places to look, we can examine his posts, if he defends anyone they could be a potential teammate and anyone he suspects is maybe not. Then of course people who voted for him to be lynched are maybe not on his team, and people who voted to try and save him might be. We can also look at others' posts and see if there was any subtle defending of boomslang going on and fish out teammates there. Etc etc. It's time for the conspiracy theories to start, and no idea is a bad idea IMO so let loose anything of interest you stumble upon.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Re: [Day 1] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by blindfaeth »

thellama73 wrote:I still like the idea of voting off non-participants, not for any strategic reason, but to make the game more fun. However, Boomslang's defensive response to the Stridor theory struck me as a little suspect.
Just for future reference. I'm not sure how I feel about llama, I keep flip-flopping my opinion. This post is the first I noticed mentioning Boomslang as a baddie. And I distinctly remember llama saying in response to someone after the lynch that they didn't think I was a baddie, but thought boomslang was, and bam - they're right come to find out.

llamas also been helpful like posting the votes regarding the riders. But then there is the exchange on page 3 where llama says
thellama73 wrote:It's possible that all the baddies coordinated to choose Stridor, with the intention of planting the theory that they would be unlikely to choose Stridor, if you see what I mean. That would be devilishly clever.
and then
thellama73 wrote:In all honesty, I do think the original analysis that the baddies are likely concentrated among the non-Stridor votes is correct. I was just throwing out alternative scenarios to stir the pot a bit.
only a few posts later. Ugh I think I'm just confusing myself more.

Anyone else have any thoughts? :)
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Post by LittleTiger »

Hmmm.... not sure I understand what you are getting at, BF... nothing you quoted about thellama73 seems pingy to me. You even pointed out that he was being helpful. So, what is the purpose of your post?
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

im just making notes out loud.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

btw does anyone have any input about the indy roles? Based on watching the newer series and even the description the host has given us I'm led to believe the Sorceress has our best intentions in mind, though I'm not sure of Zodac, I've never really heard of him before.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Post by LittleTiger »

blindfaeth wrote:btw does anyone have any input about the indy roles? Based on watching the newer series and even the description the host has given us I'm led to believe the Sorceress has our best intentions in mind, though I'm not sure of Zodac, I've never really heard of him before.
Just found this Wikia entry - which says he is sometimes portrayed as evil and sometimes on the side of good http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Zodac
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

I'll have to do a full reread later tonight, I've gotten quite lost in this game, though its nice to see we got a baddie. :bounce:

BF, as one of the older people in the game, I can say that Zodac was mostly a neutral guy, somewhere whose job was to watch over things and to try to balance it all out. Think of a more benevolent version of "Q" from Star Trek Next Generation. What that means for the role is hard to say; hopefully, however it works allows the player holding it to act in the civs best interests and not the baddies. :daisy:
My siggie.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Spacedaisy »

Roxy wrote:Daisy - during our last game together in which you and MP were evil teamies together you both stated you have no real experience reading each other b/c you had only played one or two games together and he was bad in one of them? I may not remember exactly but I do remember neither of you had experience in reading each other now you vote for MP based on past game play - idk it just feels illogical.
We have exactly two full games played together, both quite recent. In the first he was a civ and I was bad. In the second we were bad together. If you also recall from last game, I said as a civ he was much more apt to listen to other input and more likely to change his mind. Bad MP and Civ MP are both very aggressive play styles, but Civ MP is much more likely to show some openness to listen to what others are saying and to possibly change his mind. That is what I have observed anyway. I don't know 100% he is civ, but at the moment I am leaning civ on him.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

fwiw I'm watching He-Man right now and just discovered that the Sorceress is Teela's mother.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 14

Re: [Night 1] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't think He-Man may be as baddie anymore, honestly. The way Boomslang and timmer latched onto that felt very baddie bandwagony to me and I'm beginning to think I'm on the wrong track with that one, just for those reasons.

We'll see how BF flips, but I also found FH's last-minute vote to put BF over Boomslang a bit pingy as well. While I thought the same exact thing about reptaronice's vote when I saw he voted without posting, it could be that she is pointing that out to avoid seeming Boomslang's teammate. But this is all assuming BF is good and Boomslang is bad.
Is your bike broken because you seem to be backpeddlin' pretty fast
Really Dom? And did you not see my question earlier where you've been trying to paint mine and He-Man's behavior as really 'weird' I think was the word you used? Can you please clarify on that?

Why would I so easily draw attention to myself by backing off of my biggest ping before and during Day 1? I still stand by my evaluation of He-Man based on what information we had at the time, but the way Boomslang is acting doesn't make me feel super good about him, AND he and Timmer both dropped right in and bandwagoned onto He-Man without even mentioning him before. That pinged me quite a bit, so I'm just wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree here. It's hard to say.

That, and, I realized I should put other players up to the standard I was putting He-Man on. I still don't feel super good about him, but now that we have much more information to base reads for other players off of (the way they voted, and more discussion to boot), it helps me evaluate others as well. His defenses could very well be genuine, and I'm open to that possibility. I still am leaning towards them not being so, but I'm not sure he tops my suspicion list anymore.

If you think that's suspicious, then you are obviously baddie or are you just don't know how to read me. And being how we've been mafia rivals since my very first game, I doubt the latter, but I suppose it's possible.[/quote]

I'll have to say I was surprised by this response. I thought you'd remember when LA used that quote awhile back and it was one of the most humorous moments in Mafia history. :D

Although, I do find it supsicous that you backpeddled so quickly. It's a minor suspicion, but it's real...

I just think it's off color... I think you and He-Man had a discussion that felt very strange to me.... I don't really know how to articulate it. I didnt' and was not giong to base a vote off of it anytime soon... nice NO U though. :D

Also, nice result that confuses me that a lynch was at night but awesome!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I had a feeling I might die tonight. Thank you very much to whoever protected me or blocked the killer! :drums: I assume that's what happened.

YES! BIH Boomslang! :D See you later, Danny, in games to come! :dance: I am thinking this was a delayed lynch. Perhaps the way Robert is treating ties? May BF die soon too? I wondered that when reading the actual post.

And the concert was freaking awesome!!! I am posting this and then it's to bed with me.

Dom wrote:
I'll have to say I was surprised by this response. I thought you'd remember when LA used that quote awhile back and it was one of the most humorous moments in Mafia history. :D

Although, I do find it supsicous that you backpeddled so quickly. It's a minor suspicion, but it's real...

I just think it's off color... I think you and He-Man had a discussion that felt very strange to me.... I don't really know how to articulate it. I didnt' and was not giong to base a vote off of it anytime soon... nice NO U though. :D

Also, nice result that confuses me that a lynch was at night but awesome!
LOL, I actually forgot about that, but thought what you said rang a bell. That explains it. What game was that? I don't remember.

It's pretty clear now what was going on last lynch, don't you think? I didn't obviously have that information when I thought He-Man looked suspicious above anyone else. I understand that, but I just have to say it's not true; I don't know what alignment He-Man is and I am a civvie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and timmer, are you actually going to address any suspicion of you? It's looking very likely you're one of Boomslang's teammates for logical reasons: You specifically bandwagoned onto my He-Man case without mentioning him previously, and your behavior has not been civvie Timmer at all. What gives?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm going to work backwards to try to find some baddies in the previous lynch.
LittleTiger wrote:Here is the poll vote order:

birthwithteeth11 - 1 - Roxy (21)

blindfaeth - 6 - Dom (4), DharmaHelper (5), Russtifinko (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), reywaS (16), Flyin' High (20)

Boomslang - 6 - thellama73 (2), LittleTiger (12), AllAlongTheBoardwalk (13), Elohcin (17), reptaronice (18), He-Man (22)

He-Man - 4 - MovingPictures07 (3), Kate (9), Boomslang (11), timmer (15)

MovingPictures07 - 2 - Vompatti (10), Snow Dog (19)

reywaS - 1 - blindfaeth (1)

thellama73 - 1 - AceofSpaces (14)

timmer - 1 - Spacedaisy (8)

Non-voters: AnnaDanielle, DFaraday, DisgruntledPorcupine, Ishar Morrad Chuain, JJLehto, KeaponLaffin05, OrsonKidd, >SpaghettiEverywhere
So, first assumption: a few of Boomy's fellow bad guys likely voted too soon to save him. So best guess is at most three teammates to be found in the later votes, and considering the large number of non-voters, maybe even just 1-2.

So for starters, when Boomy voted, he couldn't have seen what was coming. It was:

bf - 4 votes
he-man - 2 votes
boomslang (and 4 others) = 1 vote each

Normally, rey's and FH's votes on bf would represent the obvious "baddie teammates rallying to save Boomslang" votes. However, reading back through their posts, they both had talked about bf previously, and in rey's case frankly a vote for anyone BUT bf would have been pingy. So while they may be Boomslang's teammates and just lucked into to being able to try to help through their own cases, I don't see anything malicious there.

Really, the only other vote that even remotely stands out is my own on Heman, and if I judge my own game so far from the perspective of a third party, it actually is probably a bit pingworthy. I say this because I can step out of the box and look at my meagre posts so far in the game.

that said, #1 I'm not Boomslangs teammate, #2 those of you who know my playstyle know that if I am going to barrel in and throw down a random vote to help a teammate, especially a vote that will make me look bad, I'm for damn sure going to put that risky vote on the lynch leader. With bf at 4 votes and Heman with 2 at the time, and with me having never commented on either of them before, I'd never try to help by voting for the guy with two. Never.

Those of you who play with me a lot know that i enter periods of time where I'm working a ton, and I struggle to post and keep up. i point to the two games I'm in at RM where I also haven't posted a ton lately. i came in on my break, read through as quickly as I could and voted on gut based on the cases of the moment. Hopefully y'all will see that.

Later tonight I'm going to reread the night posts and all of the voting patterns for the shield, to try to match them up with lynch voting.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@MP, there ya go, bud! I've got to put kids to bed and then reread the night stuff, but I'll be back later on.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Okay, so weird stuff from the night.

Snow Dog was the first person in the nigt to suggest that everyone should vote for themselves, ANd the first person to get a vote from someone else.
Snow Dog wrote:What if everyone votes for themself on this one?
thellama73 wrote:So AnnaDanielle, who didn't vote on the lynching, now mysteriously votes for Snow Dog as shield bearer without posting... O.o
Next interesting bit:
Snow Dog wrote:Annadanielle I know from another forum, but not well. It is hardly possible she likes me and wishes for me to have the shield for that reason.
So she is either being coerced somehow into that vote or she is making it look like she wants to protect me because we are on the same team. This makes her suspect. Also He- Mans lkevelling the vote for lynching is suspect. Was he trying to save a fellow baddie?
This feels like maybe they thought the "vote for me" thing up in btsc, realized it seemed odd, and now here is the backpedal.
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm not voting for myself, so I'm voting for LittleTiger, just because.
Well I was going to vote Anna to pay her back but this might change things. May now have to vote myself to equal LT.
But lo, LT gets a second vote and Snow Dog really wants that prize, eh?
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm not voting for myself, so I'm voting for LittleTiger, just because.
Well I was going to vote Anna to pay her back but this might change things. May now have to vote myself to equal LT.
You would have voted for her before finding out why she voted for you?
Yes. Definitely. To keep everyone on one vote.
But then we're back to wanting everyone evened out. So Snow Dog either didn't want votes, or wants to win the shield?

And then Lt gets a slew of votes and Snow Dog caps the night off with this:
Snow Dog wrote:Might as well cast my vote. Voted LT Looking back at her posts she seems probably a civvie to me and I am just a sheep anyway following the flock. :ninja:
A blend-in vote (which he even states).

I don't know your game, Snow Dog, but your posts through the night have pinged me.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@Roxy/MP, all i can reiterate is what i said above. i was at work, and had to vote fast. Having a poll end at 12:30pm my time or whatever it was is really awkward on a work day for me.
My siggie.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

timmer wrote:Okay, so weird stuff from the night.

Snow Dog was the first person in the nigt to suggest that everyone should vote for themselves, ANd the first person to get a vote from someone else.
Snow Dog wrote:What if everyone votes for themself on this one?
thellama73 wrote:So AnnaDanielle, who didn't vote on the lynching, now mysteriously votes for Snow Dog as shield bearer without posting... O.o
Next interesting bit:
Snow Dog wrote:Annadanielle I know from another forum, but not well. It is hardly possible she likes me and wishes for me to have the shield for that reason.
So she is either being coerced somehow into that vote or she is making it look like she wants to protect me because we are on the same team. This makes her suspect. Also He- Mans lkevelling the vote for lynching is suspect. Was he trying to save a fellow baddie?
This feels like maybe they thought the "vote for me" thing up in btsc, realized it seemed odd, and now here is the backpedal.
Snow Dog wrote:
But lo, LT gets a second vote and Snow Dog really wants that prize, eh?
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
You would have voted for her before finding out why she voted for you?
Yes. Definitely. To keep everyone on one vote.
But then we're back to wanting everyone evened out. So Snow Dog either didn't want votes, or wants to win the shield?

And then Lt gets a slew of votes and Snow Dog caps the night off with this:
Snow Dog wrote:Might as well cast my vote. Voted LT Looking back at her posts she seems probably a civvie to me and I am just a sheep anyway following the flock. :ninja:
A blend-in vote (which he even states).

I don't know your game, Snow Dog, but your posts through the night have pinged me.
I simply did not know what to do. I was going to abstain from voting as my vote made no difference. I thought that might be bad form so decided to vote for LT, who seemed to me like a civvie. Everyone else seemed to trust her so I dumbly followed. I never cared to have the sheild and wanted everyone to vote for themselves. If I was trying to blend in I would have voted myself or Anna I suppose. It really made no differece by the time I voted did it?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

LittleTiger wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:So I gather it is normal in these games to reveal the game character who attempts the NK and somehow e never see who it was?

fair enough I not logical but I can understand why.
Usually, the night post will tell us, in story form, what activities happened during the night phase. Roles are not usually outed though. Think of it as bits of info to add to your notes.
It still doesn't sit well with me story wise.
We are all transformed by powerful magic that we cannot break into normal beings. Then suddenly one of can, at will, change himself back to Mer Man to kill and opresumabkly back again to a normal being.
All without anyone noticing.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow! Exciting night, and a great result! 11 baddies to go, and I feel like we have a lot more to work from now than yesterday.

So I think I can explain about the 3 missed PMs. Ishar and KL05 have all done nothing related to the game so far. No posts or votes from them. Ostensibly they don't even know what's going on. Is there any way we can reach them to alert them? I don't think "Hey, the game is happening." would count as BTSC, right? Similarly, JJLehto posted at the very beginning of the game saying he'd be busy and hasn't participated since. I think it only makes sense for them to be the missed PMs.

I'm not sure what caused Boomslang to die and BF to live. It seems from reading the character descriptions that no one could have saved them from a lynch on day 1, though there are some roles with secrets. Trying to figure out who saved MP, I came up with about 7 possible candidates, so that may not be worth looking too hard at just yet.

It's interesting that Snake Mountain chose Mer-Man to execute the kill. Since his power is finding magical items to help them and his chance of success increases for each lynch votes Snake Mountain gets, it seems like they would be most willing to use him if they hadn't gotten many lynch votes on day 1 because in that case it would be likely that his normal power is useless. This is assuming that using an NK for a baddie team means a player can't use their normal power, or course. (That is the case, right?)

Other thoughts:

We still haven't seen a post from reptaronice, which would be super suspicious if he/she hadn't voted for Boomslang, who we now know was bad. Reptar could still be on the Horde, I suppose. We also haven't heard from AnnaDanielle since the prologue, but she didn't vote in the lynch poll either. She may not be paying attention or laying low.

Does anyone have the poll results from the Shield poll? I think matching those with people's lynch votes would give us a much better starting point than the lynch poll alone. As for whom to lynch, I'm not quite sure what to think yet. My theories seem to have been mostly off so far, but hopefully I'll have more to say if we do get the shield poll results.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Who will be the first to bear the Shield of Grayskull?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

AceofSpaces
No votes
AllAlongtheBoardwalk
No votes
AnnaDanielle
No votes
birthwithteeth11
No votes
blindfaeth
No votes
Boomslang
Boomslang (8) 4%
DFaraday
DFaraday (13) 4%
DharmaHelper
No votes
DisgruntledPorcupine
DisgruntledPorcupine (7) 4%
Dom
No votes
Elohcin
Elohcin (3) 4%
Flyin' High
No votes
He-Man
No votes
Ishar Morrad Chuain
No votes
JJLehto
No votes
Kate
Kate (11), Roxy (20) 8%
KeaponLaffin05
No votes
LittleTiger
LittleTiger (6), Vompatti (9), DharmaHelper (14), AceofSpaces (15), Flyin' High (21), He-Man (22), AllAlongTheBoardwalk (23), reywaS (25), Snow Dog (26) 35%
MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 (2), Russtifinko (10), blindfaeth (16), Spacedaisy (19) 15%
orsonkidd
orsonkidd (18) 4%
reptaronice
No votes
reywaS
No votes
Roxy
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
Snow Dog
AnnaDanielle (4) 4%
spacedaisy
No votes
>SpaghettiEverywhere
No votes
thellama73
thellama73 (5), birdwithteeth11 (17), >SpaghettiEverywhere (24) 12%
timmer
timmer (12) 4%
Vompatti
No votes
We are strong, yet weak for this task (The Host, The Mod, The Dead)
Epignosis (1) 4%
Total votes : 26
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^Sorry about that. Not very pretty. I'll try to do it better
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

AceofSpaces 0

AllAlongtheBoardwalk 0

AnnaDanielle 0

birthwithteeth11 0

blindfaeth 0

Boomslang 1 Boomslang (8) 4%

DFaraday 1 DFaraday (13) 4%

DharmaHelper 0

DisgruntledPorcupine 1 DisgruntledPorcupine (7) 4%
Dom 0

Elohcin 1 Elohcin(3) 4%

Flyin' High 0

He-Man 0

Ishar Morrad Chuain 0

JJLehto 0

Kate 2 Kate (11), Roxy (20) 8%

KeaponLaffin05 0

LittleTiger 9 LittleTiger (6), Vompatti (9), DharmaHelper (14), AceofSpace(15), Flyin' High (21), He-Man (22), AllAlongTheBoardwalk (23), reywaS (25), Snow Dog (26) 35%
MovingPictures07 4 MovingPictures07 (2), Russtifinko (10), blindfaeth (16), Spacedaisy (19) 15%

orsonkidd 1 orsonkidd (18) 4%

reptaronice 0

reywaS 0

Roxy 0

Russtifinko 0

Snow Dog 1 AnnaDanielle (4) 4%

spacedaisy 0

>SpaghettiEverywhere 0

thellama73 3 thellama73 (5), birdwithteeth11 (17), >SpaghettiEverywhere (24) 12%

timmer 1 timmer (12) 4%

Vompatti 0

Epignosis (1) 4%

Hope this reads better
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Still not much good. I should exclude the no votes I suppose?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I hope to get better at this.

Boomslang - 1 - Boomslang (8) 4%

DFaraday - 1 - DFaraday (13) 4%

DisgruntledPorcupine - 1 - DisgruntledPorcupine (7) 4%

Elohcin - 1 - Elohcin(3) 4%

Kate - 2 - Kate (11), Roxy (20) 8%

LittleTiger - 9 - LittleTiger (6), Vompatti (9), DharmaHelper (14), AceofSpace(15), Flyin' High (21), He-Man (22), AllAlongTheBoardwalk (23), reywaS (25), Snow Dog (26) 35%

MovingPictures07 -- 4 - MovingPictures07 (2), Russtifinko (10), blindfaeth (16), Spacedaisy (19) 15%

orsonkidd - 1 - orsonkidd (18) 4%

Snow Dog - 1 - AnnaDanielle (4) 4%

thellama73 - 3 - thellama73 (5), birdwithteeth11 (17), >SpaghettiEverywhere (24) 12%

timmer 1 - timmer (12) 4%

Epignosis (1) 4%
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

Effective immediately, indiglo will be replacing AnnaDanielle.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, anyone else notice that this month is FEB? :feb:
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

[b][u]Day 0 Event Voting Order[/u]:[/b] 1. thellama (Attak Trak) 2. AceofSpaces (Stridor) 3. Elohcin (Attak Trak) 4. Timmer (Wind Raider) 5. LittleTiger (Stridor) 6. MovingPictures (Stridor) 7. reywaS (Stridor) 8. Vompatti (Attak Trak) 9. Dom (Stridor) 10. AnnaDanielle (Battle Ram) 11. birdwithteeth (Stridor) 12. spaghetti (Attak Trak) 13. blindfaeth (Stridor) 14. DFaraday (Dragon Walker) 15. Boomslang (Wind Raider) 16. Spacedaisy (Attak Trak) 17. AllAlongtheBoardwalk (Wind Raider) 18. Russtifinko (Wind Raider) 19. He-Man (Battle Ram) 20. Kate (Stridor) 21. Flyin' High (Wind Raider) 22. Roxy (Stridor) ??. Snow Dog (Attak Trak) [I put a question mark because I don't know when he actually voted] Didn't vote: DharmaHelper, DisgruntledPorcupine, Ishar Morrad Chuain, JJLehto, KeaponLaffin, orsonkidd, reptaronice[b][u]Day 1 Voting Order[/u]:[/b] 1. blindfaeth (reywaS) 1 2. thellama (Boomslang) 1 3. MovingPictures (He-Man) 1 4. Dom (blindfaeth) 1 5. DharmaHelper (blindfaeth) 2 6. Russtifinko (blindfaeth) 3 7. birdwithteeth (blindfaeth) 4 8. Spacedaisy (Timmer) 1 9. Kate (He-Man) 2 10. Vompatti (MovingPictures) 1 11. Boomslang (He-Man) 3 12. LittleTiger (Boomslang) 2 13. AllAlongtheBoardwalk (Boomslang) 3 14. AceofSpaces (thellama) 1 15. Timmer (He-Man) 4 16. reywaS (blindfaeth) 5 17. Elohcin (Boomslang) 4 18. reptaronice (Boomslang) 5 19. Snow Dog (MovingPictures) 2 20. Flyin' High (blindfaeth) 6 21. Roxy (birdwithteeth) 1 22. He-Man (Boomslang) 6 Didn't vote: AnnaDanielle, DFaraday, DisgruntledPorcupine, Ishar Morrad Chuain, JJLehto, KeaponLaffin, orsonkidd, spaghetti *The numbers after each name are the accumulation of votes in the poll
Night 1 Shield of Grayskull Voting Order:
1. MovingPictures (MovingPictures)
2. Elohcin (Elohcin)
3. AnnaDanielle (Snow Dog)
4. thellama (thellama)
5. LittleTiger (LittleTiger)
6. DisgruntledPorcupine (DisgruntledPorcupine)
7. Boomslang (Boomslang)
8. Vompatti (LittleTiger)
9. Russtifinko (MovingPictures)
10. Kate (Kate)
11. Timmer (Timmer)
12. DFaraday (DFaraday)
13. DharmaHelper (LittleTiger)
14. AceofSpaces (LittleTiger)
15. blindfaeth (MovingPictures)
16. birdwithteeth (thellama)
17. orsonkidd (orsonkidd)
18. SpaceDaisy (MovingPictures)
19. Roxy (Kate)
20. Flyin' High (LittleTiger)
21. He-Man (LittleTiger)
22. AllAlongtheBoardwalk (LittleTiger)
23. spaghetti (thellama)
24. reywaS (LittleTiger)
25. Snow Dog (LittleTiger)
Didn't vote: Dom, Ishar Morrad Chuain, JJLehto, KeaponLaffin, reptaronice

*My standard disclaimer applies: If you see any errors please let me know so I can fix it! :smile:
ImageImage

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow, great info, Snow Dog and FH! I'll see what I can make of it and get back to you.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:So I gather it is normal in these games to reveal the game character who attempts the NK and somehow e never see who it was?

fair enough I not logical but I can understand why.
Usually, the night post will tell us, in story form, what activities happened during the night phase. Roles are not usually outed though. Think of it as bits of info to add to your notes.
It still doesn't sit well with me story wise.
We are all transformed by powerful magic that we cannot break into normal beings. Then suddenly one of can, at will, change himself back to Mer Man to kill and opresumabkly back again to a normal being.
All without anyone noticing.
The story is told in third person omniscient. The author is just a bastard who doesn't tell everything. ;)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

timmer wrote:I'm going to work backwards to try to find some baddies in the previous lynch.

blindfaeth - 6 - Dom (4), DharmaHelper (5), Russtifinko (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), reywaS (16), Flyin' High (20)

Boomslang - 6 - thellama73 (2), LittleTiger (12), AllAlongTheBoardwalk (13), Elohcin (17), reptaronice (18), He-Man (22)

Non-voters: AnnaDanielle, DFaraday, DisgruntledPorcupine, Ishar Morrad Chuain, JJLehto, KeaponLaffin05, OrsonKidd, >SpaghettiEverywhere
So, first assumption: a few of Boomy's fellow bad guys likely voted too soon to save him. So best guess is at most three teammates to be found in the later votes, and considering the large number of non-voters, maybe even just 1-2.

So for starters, when Boomy voted, he couldn't have seen what was coming. It was:

bf - 4 votes
he-man - 2 votes

Normally, rey's and FH's votes on bf would represent the obvious "baddie teammates rallying to save Boomslang" votes. However, reading back through their posts, they both had talked about bf previously, and in rey's case frankly a vote for anyone BUT bf would have been pingy. So while they may be Boomslang's teammates and just lucked into to being able to try to help through their own cases, I don't see anything malicious there.

Really, the only other vote that even remotely stands out is my own on Heman, and if I judge my own game so far from the perspective of a third party, it actually is probably a bit pingworthy. I say this because I can step out of the box and look at my meagre posts so far in the game.

that said, #1 I'm not Boomslangs teammate, #2 those of you who know my playstyle know that if I am going to barrel in and throw down a random vote to help a teammate, especially a vote that will make me look bad, I'm for damn sure going to put that risky vote on the lynch leader. With bf at 4 votes and Heman with 2 at the time, and with me having never commented on either of them before, I'd never try to help by voting for the guy with two. Never.

Those of you who play with me a lot know that i enter periods of time where I'm working a ton, and I struggle to post and keep up. i point to the two games I'm in at RM where I also haven't posted a ton lately. i came in on my break, read through as quickly as I could and voted on gut based on the cases of the moment. Hopefully y'all will see that.

Later tonight I'm going to reread the night posts and all of the voting patterns for the shield, to try to match them up with lynch voting.
This reaks of a post that you are trying to get out there before anyone flat out accuses you.

Your timing with your Heman vote is quite curious. iirc, you tied it up. Looks like you were trying to keep the Heman votes coming and stop the boomslang ones.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Yes, in looking at the voting order, Timmer did tie it up with blindfaeth (4 votes apiece) and put the votes for He-Man ahead of the 3 votes Boomslang had at the time.
ImageImage

reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by reywaS »

I think reyrey needs to do some re-reading. My problem...and I know it's one of my faults...is that I do get very bad tunnel vision. I convince myself that someone is bad, and I often ignore everything else that is going on until I find out for sure. While it's very unlikely that BF is on the Snake Mountain crew, it is possible that he is a member of the Horde; but I must admit that the only reason I'm still doubting BF is because of our conversation about Stridor on day one. Everything else from BF seems to point towards him being a civvie. So, with that in mind, I am going to look at some others. I was thinking about looking at specific players' posts rather than just doing a broad re-read of the thread....BUT the problem with that is you get no context when you do that. I think I will just do a slow total re-read instead. :coffee2:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:By the way, anyone else notice that this month is FEB? :feb:
I don't get it?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Epignosis wrote:Effective immediately, indiglo will be replacing AnnaDanielle.
I missed this post earlier! Bye AnnaDanielle and welcome Indi! :biggrin:
ImageImage

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
I don't get it?

That smiley is the FEB smiley....FEB means Fucking Evil Bastard. It's February which is abbreviated to FEB. I guess he's saying that we are in an evil month. LOL
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Welcome indiglo!
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Flyin' High wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Effective immediately, indiglo will be replacing AnnaDanielle.
I missed this post earlier! Bye AnnaDanielle and welcome Indi! :biggrin:
Yes, bye Anna, your vote for me really looked odd.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome indi! Bye Anna!
timmer wrote:@MP, there ya go, bud! I've got to put kids to bed and then reread the night stuff, but I'll be back later on.
I appreciate the defense. That being said, I still can't shake the feeling that you're in panicked baddie mode trying to come up with a case on someone else. It's a worthy try, but I don't feel any better about you, especially because your defense is mostly WIFOM.

I agree entirely with what Kate said:
Kate wrote:This reaks of a post that you are trying to get out there before anyone flat out accuses you.

Your timing with your Heman vote is quite curious. iirc, you tied it up. Looks like you were trying to keep the Heman votes coming and stop the boomslang ones.
I also don't see what you're saying about Snow Dog; I haven't been able to read him just because this is his first game. But honestly, knowing Snow Dog somewhat well from PA, it reads to me he probably doesn't have BTSC just based on how he's been posting. That's just the impression I'm getting though; I could be wrong.

Russtifinko wrote:Wow! Exciting night, and a great result! 11 baddies to go, and I feel like we have a lot more to work from now than yesterday.

So I think I can explain about the 3 missed PMs. Ishar and KL05 have all done nothing related to the game so far. No posts or votes from them. Ostensibly they don't even know what's going on. Is there any way we can reach them to alert them? I don't think "Hey, the game is happening." would count as BTSC, right? Similarly, JJLehto posted at the very beginning of the game saying he'd be busy and hasn't participated since. I think it only makes sense for them to be the missed PMs.

I'm not sure what caused Boomslang to die and BF to live. It seems from reading the character descriptions that no one could have saved them from a lynch on day 1, though there are some roles with secrets. Trying to figure out who saved MP, I came up with about 7 possible candidates, so that may not be worth looking too hard at just yet.

It's interesting that Snake Mountain chose Mer-Man to execute the kill. Since his power is finding magical items to help them and his chance of success increases for each lynch votes Snake Mountain gets, it seems like they would be most willing to use him if they hadn't gotten many lynch votes on day 1 because in that case it would be likely that his normal power is useless. This is assuming that using an NK for a baddie team means a player can't use their normal power, or course. (That is the case, right?)

Other thoughts:

We still haven't seen a post from reptaronice, which would be super suspicious if he/she hadn't voted for Boomslang, who we now know was bad. Reptar could still be on the Horde, I suppose. We also haven't heard from AnnaDanielle since the prologue, but she didn't vote in the lynch poll either. She may not be paying attention or laying low.

Does anyone have the poll results from the Shield poll? I think matching those with people's lynch votes would give us a much better starting point than the lynch poll alone. As for whom to lynch, I'm not quite sure what to think yet. My theories seem to have been mostly off so far, but hopefully I'll have more to say if we do get the shield poll results.
Russ, I've tried alerting KP05 and JJLehto, both of whom said they would be over here, but still haven't showed up. And it wouldn't count as BTSC in this point, I know people have just said in passing, "Hey, the game's going on, come over and play!" or something to that extent when games start. BWT and I often do that when we're both in games together. I think you're right that those might be our 3 missing PMs, or at least 2 of them. Maybe AnnaDanielle was one as well.

I think the NK is in addition to regular powers. Robert seems to have the game set up similarly to mine where I let anyone execute the kill, and I always have it so that the baddies can kill in addition to their normal power. But who knows, he could have it that way too. I think it would explain that Mer-Man killed though if he could do both.

As to whom we should lynch, now that we know Boomslang was on Snake Mountain, I heavily believe timmer is also on Snake Mountain. As to who is on The Horde, I think there definitely might be a no-show or low poster on that team, and I'm not sure as to who else is on there quite yet. But certain people have been reading more likely baddie to me, so maybe they are members of Snake Mountain or The Horde. The quietness from Daisy, DharmaHelper, DP, and Orson is kind of scaring me, since I've seen all of them much more active before. Then of course there's Vompatti, who is very hard to read, and the no-shows and low posters. Then there's also everyone else. But I do have a few people I am beginning to trust. Hopefully I'm right.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
I don't get it?

That smiley is the FEB smiley....FEB means Fucking Evil Bastard. It's February which is abbreviated to FEB. I guess he's saying that we are in an evil month. LOL
Oh thanks.

btw I knew that FEB was short for February. But the rest of the info was enlightening. :D
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by indiglo »

Hey gang, man you guys have been busy!!! I'll try to get up to speed as quickly as I can.

(Recaps are, of course, always welcome. Image )
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

indiglo wrote:Hey gang, man you guys have been busy!!! I'll try to get up to speed as quickly as I can.

(Recaps are, of course, always welcome. Image )
Yes! We have. It's been an amazing game so far.

As succinctly as possible... there was some discussion about the Day 0 vehicle choice to get to the destination the fastest. FH won.

Day 1 - Boomslang was lynched, but the lynch was delayed. At first, it seemed no one died in the Day 1 lynch. I survived an NK attempt last night, I assume because someone blocked the killer, more likely given the amount of civvie blocker roles, or someone protected me. Boomslang was lynched because he reacted overdefensively and then failed to defend himself and then drive-by voted. Thanks to thellama for initially pointing out the overdefensiveness. BF was tied with Boomslang because reywaS thought his theory was contrived and some saw him as overdefensive and rude as well. Honestly, it seems pretty impossible for him to be Snake Mountain at this point because the lynch was tied with him and Boomslang at 6-6.

Timmer is on the chopping block today for good reason because he drive-by voted for He-Man yesterday (something Boomslang did as well), and neither of them even mentioned him. I started the case on He-Man because I thought he was trying to push against no-shows right at the start of the day as an opportunistic tactic, and because I was getting a ping from his posts, but I no longer think he is bad after how the previous lynch went down.

There's more than that, but I hope that helps. You'll catch it as you skim/read.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Excellent result! BIH Boomslang! Also nice luck on surviving that kill attempt MP, assuming that you're civvie. Otherwise, :/

As for potential teammates of Boomslang, I'm looking very heavily at you Timmer. I've been a baddie with you in several games (including Avant 2 which just got finished on here), and I've noticed that as a baddie, you tend to be far more laid-back and willing to "go with the flow" so to speak. Whereas when you are civvie, you tend to be way more outspoken and searching for baddies. I feel like you have been very non-committal so far this game and it really bothers me.
timmer wrote:I'm going to work backwards to try to find some baddies in the previous lynch.

Ehhhhhhh. Not necessarily. They also could have voted earlier too. Baddies that start lynch trains to save a fellow teammate have sometimes started it earlier rather than later.

bf - 4 votes
he-man - 2 votes

The only malicious thing I see here you you trying to suggest "Hey, they talked about Boom previously and it would have been odd to not vote for him. But they could still be teammates." Somehow I highly doubt that. From re-reading, I think the BF/rey debate was civ on civ at this point.

Only you have the ability to change that. However, you haven't since then, and I think you're only doing it now because several people are suspicious of you and you have to play a more defensive game. If you were a civvie, then I would be more likely to believe it if you had started posting more after that lynch. But you really haven't much.

Yes you would. You and I know very well that that early on in the lynch, with so many more potential votes, you would take that risk of still trying to save a teammate. Now if it had been later on in the lynch, then I could see you throwing a teammate under the bus. Just not that early.

Nope. Nice try though. :) I can understand you being very busy with rl and all the other games, but I think something else is going on here too.

I will wait for that then. I'm not necessarily saying you already have my vote, but you are definitely my top suspect.
Linki: Welcome indiglo! :D

Linki2: No u MP. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and, last night we voted on who was to get the shield of Grayskull, protecting them at night. Some people voted for themselves, but then LT got an influx of votes, and I also received 3 votes. Refer to the awesome voting orders FH laid out here if you need more for any of the days/night so far.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy Christ, David, that was a terrible pick of font color. Lol.

Now, studying away!!! This has procrastinated my morning away long enough!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I picked a terrible blue to use. I'm re-posting this again so it's easier to read what I'm saying.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Excellent result! BIH Boomslang! Also nice luck on surviving that kill attempt MP, assuming that you're civvie. Otherwise, :/

As for potential teammates of Boomslang, I'm looking very heavily at you Timmer. I've been a baddie with you in several games (including Avant 2 which just got finished on here), and I've noticed that as a baddie, you tend to be far more laid-back and willing to "go with the flow" so to speak. Whereas when you are civvie, you tend to be way more outspoken and searching for baddies. I feel like you have been very non-committal so far this game and it really bothers me.

Ehhhhhhh. Not necessarily. They also could have voted earlier too. Baddies that start lynch trains to save a fellow teammate have sometimes started it earlier rather than later.

bf - 4 votes
he-man - 2 votes

The only malicious thing I see here you you trying to suggest "Hey, they talked about Boom previously and it would have been odd to not vote for him. But they could still be teammates." Somehow I highly doubt that. From re-reading, I think the BF/rey debate was civ on civ at this point.

Only you have the ability to change that. However, you haven't since then, and I think you're only doing it now because several people are suspicious of you and you have to play a more defensive game. If you were a civvie, then I would be more likely to believe it if you had started posting more after that lynch. But you really haven't much.

Yes you would. You and I know very well that that early on in the lynch, with so many more potential votes, you would take that risk of still trying to save a teammate. Now if it had been later on in the lynch, then I could see you throwing a teammate under the bus. Just not that early.

Nope. Nice try though. :) I can understand you being very busy with rl and all the other games, but I think something else is going on here too.

I will wait for that then. I'm not necessarily saying you already have my vote, but you are definitely my top suspect.
Linki: Welcome indiglo! :D

Linki2: No u MP. :P

Return to “Previous Jobs”