Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

[NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

Fight Club Mafia
Narrator – The unnamed narrator initially pursues the ideals of Fight Club with Tyler Durden until becoming disillusioned. Has anonymous BTSC with Tyler Durden for a specified period of time. Narrator cannot be recruited to Project Mayhem. Wins when Tyler Durden is dead. (Secrets)

Marla Singer – The woman who drives the divide between Tyler Durden and Narrator. Marla cannot be recruited to Project Mayhem. Wins with Narrator. (Secrets)

Policemen – Actively attempt to stop Project Mayhem to keep order in the city. Once Project Mayhem begins, they collectively search one player of their choice every night for suspicious activity. If they find a member of Project Mayhem, they kill them. All Policemen have BTSC with each other. All unrecruited Policemen win when Tyler Durden is dead.

Private Investigator – Hired when at least one player has died during a fight. He knows the identity of all Policemen, but they do not know his. Assists the Policemen by investigating one player of his choice every night. He compiles all the information he can on his target, including whether they have been engaged in suspicious activity, and sends the relevant information to the Policemen in the form of a report.

Civilians – No role power. Win if they survive until end of the game, unless recruited to Project Mayhem.

Subliminal Message Decoder – The first player to uncover and address the content of the host's signature will be given this role. The role's alignment is dependent upon the alignment of the player who earned it; as such, the role is kept in addition to the player's previously assigned role. The Subliminal Message Decoder watches Fight Club religiously; every night, he spots a message hidden in the film, and if he successfully decodes it, he gains inside knowledge about the game and its players.

Tyler Durden – Tyler Durden is relentless in pursuing the ideals of Fight Club and the destruction of society’s status quo. Has anonymous BTSC with Narrator for a specified period of time. Wins when Project Mayhem is complete and when all unrecruited Policemen are dead. (Secrets)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

RULES

1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else. Role hints are acceptable but are generally discouraged and should not be taken lightly.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. No asshattery (purposeful disrespectful behavior) towards another individual(s)!
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. This is your host's color. All host posts will be in this color. Don't use it!

And most of all, have fun!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

PLAYERS
Black Rock
Boogs
Boomslang
Bullzeye
Devin the Omniscient -- Replaced by DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0 - Night 3
DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0
Dom
FZ. -- Replaced by Roxy - Day 1
Keterman
Kylemii
Long Con -- Injured

Alive: 9
Dead: 0
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 1] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

Prologue to Project Mayhem

The players stand around in a circle, looking at each other. A recent memory fades in and out of their minds:

An enormous crowd of guys stands around Tyler, who's in the center of the circle, holding up his hands to quiet them.

TYLER: "I look around... I look around and see a lot of new faces."

The crowd lets out an enthusiastic rumble.

TYLER: "Shut up!! Which means a lot of you have been breaking the first two rules of fight club."

A glum silence falls. The guys look at each other.

TYLER: "I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived -- an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; or they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs they hate so they can buy shit they don't need. We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. The great war is a spiritual war. The great depression is our lives. We were raised by television to believe that we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed-off."

The crowd erupts into a deafening chorus of agreement. Narrator looks at the blazing excitement in the eyes of the crowd.

TYLER: "We are the quiet young men who listen until it's time to decide."

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to decide who will fight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You may now post.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

And your poll is broken.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote:And your poll is broken.
Now it isn't.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:And your poll is broken.
Now it isn't.
Lol, thanks for letting me know. Just a minor technical glitch due to a shiny new subforum.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I have a question for our magnanimous host. Are we voting for someone to fight Tyler Durden, or will the top two vote-getters fight each other, or something else, or will you just respond to this post with a feb smiley?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:I have a question for our magnanimous host. Are we voting for someone to fight Tyler Durden, or will the top two vote-getters fight each other, or something else, or will you just respond to this post with a feb smiley?
Good question. :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I have a question for our magnanimous host. Are we voting for someone to fight Tyler Durden, or will the top two vote-getters fight each other, or something else, or will you just respond to this post with a feb smiley?
Good question. :feb:
I know you so well. :)

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 33

Post by a2thezebra »

And how will this "fight" go down exactly? I assume it won't be pretty for anyone involved.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:And how will this "fight" go down exactly? I assume it won't be pretty for anyone involved.
Hint: It's not a pillow-fight.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:And how will this "fight" go down exactly? I assume it won't be pretty for anyone involved.
Hint: It's not a pillow-fight.
Mud wrestling then?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Sorsha »

Hmmmm.... Just thinking out loud... I wonder if it'd be bad to volunteer?

I'm guessing "winner" of the poll fights someone and there is a chance that they die? Or maybe lowest vote getter fights? Highest vs lowest?

I dunno but I kinda feel like volunteering just to see what happens. I'll wait a while before I actually start a campaign though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Unfortunately, FZ. has some pressing real life circumstances, so she won't be able to play with us, but thankfully Roxy has volunteered to take her place, so let's welcome Rox!
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Welcome roxy!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

It's also interesting that our selection of who to vote for today is of only ten people. Are those not listed as alive (or dead) also not allowed to post? This game is far too complex for me to try and decipher what MovingPictures07 is trying to do here with the gameplay, so instead I'm just raising questions that could spark veteran players' ideas that could help.

"Decide who to fight" is all we have to go on in determining what to do here. I think we need to decide a good guess as to what it means before we get into who we're going to pick. Traditional mafia suggests a day vote is to lynch scum. How often does this website deviate from that norm I would like to know? In any case it's not out of the question that for a setup this radical there might be a deviation that extreme, in that who we vote for in the day might not be lynched or even someone we want to be lynched per say, and as Sorsha suggested it might even be something we could experiment with positively without even having to point fingers. A "campaign" is also suggested by Sorsha. That seems like a strange idea given that there isn't a hint of confirmation that being chosen to fight is something to be desired in this game, but I can understand (and relate to) the curiosity. How would a campaign go about, though?

Beaten: Welcome Rox!
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I was thinking the campaign would be like "hey guys vote for me" and you guys would decide if you wanted to or not.

I'm just waiting for more people to come and weigh in before I/we all decide if that's a good idea or not.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm pretty sure we are all separated into sub-groups by hometown, Keterman.

You can campaign if you like, Sorsha, but honestly, I am not planning to vote for you because I feel like fighting will have bad consequences, and I like your style so far.

I have already decided the mechanism by which my vote will be determined, although it remains to be seen which player that ends up being.

Welcome Roxy!

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hey game! This is an exciting start!

Llama, which hometown? Past, current?

I have no idea about who to pick. Does anybody besides Sorsha want to volunteer?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:Hey game! This is an exciting start!

I have no idea about who to pick. Does anybody besides Sorsha want to volunteer?
I meant the town that is the name of this thread. Does nobody read the name of the thread but me?

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:

I meant the town that is the name of this thread. Does nobody read the name of the thread but me?
I saw that, but it didnt mean anything to me. So you think other people are in a different hometown?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I saw that, but it didnt mean anything to me. So you think other people are in a different hometown?
I would imagine so.

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Sorry to see FZ go. But Yay!!! Roxy!!! :)
Keterman wrote:It's also interesting that our selection of who to vote for today is of only ten people. Are those not listed as alive (or dead) also not allowed to post? This game is far too complex for me to try and decipher what MovingPictures07 is trying to do here with the gameplay, so instead I'm just raising questions that could spark veteran players' ideas that could help.

"Decide who to fight" is all we have to go on in determining what to do here. I think we need to decide a good guess as to what it means before we get into who we're going to pick. Traditional mafia suggests a day vote is to lynch scum. How often does this website deviate from that norm I would like to know? In any case it's not out of the question that for a setup this radical there might be a deviation that extreme, in that who we vote for in the day might not be lynched or even someone we want to be lynched per say, and as Sorsha suggested it might even be something we could experiment with positively without even having to point fingers. A "campaign" is also suggested by Sorsha. That seems like a strange idea given that there isn't a hint of confirmation that being chosen to fight is something to be desired in this game, but I can understand (and relate to) the curiosity. How would a campaign go about, though?

Beaten: Welcome Rox!
Hi Keterman! I don't think we've met before so, it's nice to meet you and play with you. :)

As far as deviating from the standard day lynch = scum hunting, the site as a whole doesn't really differentiate from that too often, but the hosts here have LOTS of freedom to construct and deconstruct their particular games however they want. Typically a Day 0 voting event has been happening a lot where no lynch takes place but a vote happens and sometimes or not someone gets a prize or not and it gives people a basis for discussion come Day 1.

Our particular host is known for deconstructing what happens mechanically in his games. No two are ever exactly the same. You can't always rely on the traditional patterns. I think at this point in the game, that the winner of our poll will have to fight the winner of another town's poll. I have NO idea what fighting will entail, but I do think that it's likely that the person that doesn't win the fight will be "lynched." It could be the completion of a host challenge, it could be something they have to do in the thread, it could be ....well... darn near anything really.

I think Sorsha herself cleared up your questions regarding her.
thellama73 wrote:

I did. :)

I think you're on to something here llama. It makes Socky's "shiney new subforum to play in" comment make a lot more sense as well. I'd go so far as to say that the other players are in other threads per their home town. Sorta like how LOST was on rev at the start of the game. Rox, Sorsha did you play that one?

For everyone else: People were split up into which section of the plane they crashed with - the beach people, the tailes and so on. The baddies were dispursed amongst the sub sections. There was also a baddy "otherton" thread if I remember correctly? And a dead thread that could see both civ threads once they had died.

I think we are voting for a Champion here. I plan on voting for whom a) wants to be voted for and/or b) whom I think would likely win against any of the other players in some random challenge.

So Sorsha may or may not want to step up to the plate? Does anyone else feel particularly inclined or not inclined to do so?

I personally, on Day 1, do not feel so inclined. I do not know what "fighting" entails yet and I know I have *very* limited time this weekend. And honestly like the next 14 days in Bea land aren't pretty, but once we get a feel for what "fighting" is I would have something more solid to work with schedule wise. What is it about work that will give me a month and a half of a completely predictable schedule then as soon as an epic game I want to play actually starts? It's bat shit crazy again? I was lent out to other stores this next week and only have 1 day off. The following week my boss is taking 9 days off in which I will be responsible for running the show day to day till he comes back from vaca. So..um...this would be a really bad time to nominate me to "fight" if fighting is like a posting challenge or something like that. Ya know?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nice to meet you too bea, and all others.

I didn't know that this was a forum where threads could made be private. That (hopefully) explains the division of towns, then. Since it seems like the nature of the fighting is entirely up for speculation, I'm going to make the safe (?) assumption that it is a risky but not scum-correlative bet when it comes to who we're going to vote for. A champion, as bea put it. In which case I will also be willing to volunteer if Sorsha changes her mind. I have a lot of free time if that plays a factor, and as a first-timer on the website, it may be preferable that I have yet to establish a certain play style here, and are therefore less "readable" than other possible candidates, again, if that plays a factor. Regardless, I hope the "fight" is not a roll of dice, and I don't think it would be considering that we're nominating people.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

keter? Are you ok with me shortening your name like that? I want to make it Kete but I think that would be confusing with the player Kate. - anyway -

Are you from Ksite? I played laura's Hunger Games game there. But admittedly haven't been keeping up with the site since then.

Our host is the Admin so he can do pretty much whatever he wants ;)

As far as who to look for as a Champion - having no idea what they are facing, I have no idea which qualities would be most desireable. And I can see the voting patterns of who to vote for as the game progresses change as the game develops.

Here's how I'm standing. I'm a civ. All I have to do is survive to the end. At this point in the game, there are only like 4/5? roles and some poliece whom I can't figure out if they are like "mafia" yet or not? I'm assuming that most if not all of you are in the same boat I'm in. As days and nights progress and as people may or my not be recruited to Project Mayham by Tyler, I can see voting in these rounds changing. But for now, I want to believe the best in all of us. So I'd rather vote for someone who will stay alive in a fight. Ya know?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm from the RateYourMusic off-topic forums. Although mafia can be just as complex there, it's much less formal and organized, and from what I gather here, much more bloodthirsty, as opposed to goal-oriented.

I would also want to vote for someone who would stay alive. But as you said yourself, you (and I, and maybe all of us here) have no idea which qualities would be most desirable. I reasoned earlier that it's most likely not a randomly chosen decision of who wins in that fight. If we can make an educated guess as to how the fight will go down, it should be easier to decide who will go. But in the likely case that we make no progress today in that educated guess, I would be willing to vote for Sorsha, or someone else that volunteers.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ahh - a new site I didn't know about that mafias. Makes sense though that we'd all find each other. There's lots of music lovers here. :)

Having played I think (? - I may have missed one but I doubt it) every game this host has ever hosted, I would be surprised if any of us knew what's coming after this vote except maybe Tyler. Tyler is the one role that I could see as knowing almost as much as the host.

Socky really likes to mess with his players.

We have our own moments of blood thirsty here as well. ;)

nijuu - I believe you are new to me as well :) I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

As well as sgettie! I've not seen you in like a zillion years! And hedgie!!!! <3 And roxy And that late comer Devin. How's it sir?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Noted, thank you. Do you think it would make more sense for Tyler to be a rogue role or a mafia role? Or something in between?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Keterman wrote:Noted, thank you. Do you think it would make more sense for Tyler to be a rogue role or a mafia role? Or something in between?
I don't know?

Just looking at the role list - we have Narrator, Marla and Policemen in one color which would suggest that they have similar goals. Is that a mafia team?

Civilians are an entity all of their own (and where the majority of the numbers are) - but they (and the policemen) can be recruited to project mayhem.

And There's Tyler. Recruiting recruiting and recruiting. It's hard to say if he's mafia or if he's rouge or something else.

I think the very point of the game was to take terms like civ and scum and chuck them right the eff out the window.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

oh also - I finished reading the sign up thread - and I'm glad I did - because I have more information. There are 30 civilians and 5 policemen. Since Sorsha asked the question, I'm sure she already knows this. And I'm sure llama and hedgie are through and knew that too. But I just clicked on the sign-up thread so the sub forum would quit telling me there were new posts in this thread. And I learned things. So I shared them. :)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Obligatory post to say yay game.

This set up reminds me of my Survivor game. I did not play the LOST game so iunno about thaT Miss Bealet. In my game I had sepaerate threads for teams, baddies and the dead. the baddies were interspersed with the teams and really people on a team disregarded the fact they had baddies on their team and worked together as a team to win competitions and etc. the only time they worried about the baddies was during Tribal Counsel where someone was sent packing to the Dead Thread. In the end it came down to a civ vs a baddie the civ won by a very slim margin.

Ah good memories.

I will not be voting for a volunteer as they could very well just be curious but they can also have ulterior motives. So I have a system instead.

hi right back to everyone and hey keterman welcomes to TS.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote: I will not be voting for a volunteer as they could very well just be curious but they can also have ulterior motives. So I have a system instead.
___
| . | <-----This is the page I'm on.
| . | <----- This is the page Roxy's on.
---

Notice how it's the same page?

I am not buying into this talk of "Champions" either. Not buying it at all. I'll stick with my system, as well.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hello, everyone! Checking in. I finally returned from travels yesterday evening, and I forgot how fast everything happens in such a large game, so I needed a little catch-up (thankfully before it became pages and pages long :huh: )

As for the vote, I've never played an MP game before, and from what people are saying, I should expect just about anything. Not sure if I want to vote for a volunteer because hey possibly ulterior motives, but I won't throw out the possibility. Like Bea says (hi back, Bea! Nice to meet you!), I am not inclined to be voted because I don't know what will happen yet.

People are saying they have a system. I have a feeling I know the answer to this already, but could you enlighten us more on what your "system" of voting in this type of game might be? Even a little hint? :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nijuukyugou wrote: People are saying they have a system. I have a feeling I know the answer to this already, but could you enlighten us more on what your "system" of voting in this type of game might be? Even a little hint? :)
Revealing the nature of the system undermines the system's effectiveness. :)

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote: | . | <-----This is the page I'm on.
| . | <----- This is the page Roxy's on.
---

Notice how it's the same page?
*heart attack mode commencing*
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote: People are saying they have a system. I have a feeling I know the answer to this already, but could you enlighten us more on what your "system" of voting in this type of game might be? Even a little hint? :)
Revealing the nature of the system undermines the system's effectiveness. :)
After the vote I will. May I call you Ni?

llama is in my head - gtfo! lol jk
;)
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Hey I just now noticed that the only players posting in here are the ones on the poll. :derp: I did notice the hometown thing earlier but didn't put it together that that's why the others weren't posting.

Anyway. I'm not sure I feel comfortable volunteering now that I have thought about it over night. I'd rather let someone else go first and see what happens , maybe on a later date I'd volunteer since it looks like with time we get stronger. If I'm understanding correctly.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

In that case, then yes, I volunteer. Although that seems to not matter anyway in favor of a "system", which it doesn't look like I'm going to be filled in on.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

thellama73 wrote: Revealing the nature of the system undermines the system's effectiveness. :)
Yep, knew I knew the answer :)
Roxy wrote: After the vote I will. May I call you Ni?
Indeed, you may call me Ni! All sorts of nicknames have been created in the short time I've been here, and I don't expect anyone to spell out my ridiculous username except me :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So... anyone have anything else to say?

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Epignosis »

I do.

Keep the hands above the belt. No low blows gonna be felt. If you need to speak with a man in your corner, you throw the T and speak to me, know what I mean? Keep it clean. Let me hear it so you don't have to fear it. You ain't gotta pay a cent to vent. To hell with Lucy and her nickle. Talk to me if you hurt; I ain't fickle. If you need me don't be scared- all I wanna do is see that your experience is repaired. So if some fool be messin' with ya brain stem, then holla at me by way of PM.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Anyone know what's up with boogs, Devon or spaghetti?
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Boogs »

I had no idea where the hell the forum was. I saw the game said it started, however I saw no posts that said new or where to go. I don't even know how i jugs found it to be honest. But I'm glad it started.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I have a feeling we can only view this if we are on the poll? This is going to be an interesting game.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Also, I wouldn't mind fighting if you want me to volunteer.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

welcome boogs. So - we have keter and boogsy who volunteer. And llama and rox using secret criteria. 8 hours till the poll ends. I have to work but I will check in later and vote. My vote will prolly go to one of the volunteers.

Return to “Previous Jobs”