[NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 92

Re: [DAY 1] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:welcome boogs. So - we have keter and boogsy who volunteer. And llama and rox using secret criteria. 8 hours till the poll ends. I have to work but I will check in later and vote. My vote will prolly go to one of the volunteers.
Why to you want to nominate someone who wants to be nominated? We do that for President and it never works out.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Where is hedgeowl?

I was hoping to hear her thoughts on the volunteers.
;)
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Boogs »

A fighting kitty scratching their eyes out is exactly why i should be nominated :-)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Llama _ because I don't want to do it at the moment. And we have little.to.go on as far as what will happen. Call it a champion call it a sacrificial Lamb. I get paranoia but the numbers favor the blind civs at this point so I doubt its likely we would give a benifit to someone nafarious. I could vote you too. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Draconus »

bea wrote:And that late comer Devin. How's it sir?
It's good, it's good! Still super busy as ever, and I'm afraid I won't be able to put as much effort as I would like to into this game, but alas, Alex twisted my arm and all but threw his phone at my head to get me to play ;) . It's good to see/hear from everyone again, though! I trust all is going well here at the Syndicate?

Now to play ye old Catch-Up game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:Llama _ because I don't want to do it at the moment. And we have little.to.go on as far as what will happen. Call it a champion call it a sacrificial Lamb. I get paranoia but the numbers favor the blind civs at this point so I doubt its likely we would give a benifit to someone nafarious. I could vote you too. :)
Why are you putting periods between words? Is this some sort of hidden Morse code? ... means S and a Single dash, like the one you have after my name, means T.

T.S.

T.S Elliot? I am not getting that reference. Curse my relatively small amount of poetic knowledge!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Wait, I made a mistake. It is only two dots, not three. That is an I.

T.I.

The rapper? I know even less about rap than I do about poetry!

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Then again, a single dot is E, so any of the following periods in your message could be interpreted as part of the code. That means TIE. You want us to tie the vote!

Ah ha, I cracked the code!

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Sorsha wrote:Hey I just now noticed that the only players posting in here are the ones on the poll. :derp: I did notice the hometown thing earlier but didn't put it together that that's why the others weren't posting.

Anyway. I'm not sure I feel comfortable volunteering now that I have thought about it over night. I'd rather let someone else go first and see what happens , maybe on a later date I'd volunteer since it looks like with time we get stronger. If I'm understanding correctly.
Yeah, I noticed this early on, so I have a pretty good idea about almost everyone on the poll. That being said, I'm not comfortable with voting for anyone else on the poll right now, but I'm also not very comfortable with "volunteering." I have to consider things a bit more, but I may end up self-voting with boogs (not very helpful, I know :shrug: ).

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Sorsha wrote:Anyone know what's up with boogs, Devon or spaghetti?
I do, I do!! Super busy :)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, like boogs, I was expecting the game to continue in the other forum yesterday and no one was posting. Today I decided to be more observant :)

I don't know if this would be role outing or not, but with little else to go on, I suspect that I can trust everyone in this thread. Just speculating here, but there are exactly 30 civilians and there are exactly 10 of us here. I suspect that there are 2 other forums exactly like this one with 10 players in each. Without giving too much away, I suspect all of this because I know exactly why I am on this forum and not on one of the others.

Again, this is just me speculating on everything I have to go on so far. Let me know what your thoughts are on this, and in the meantime I'm going to go ahead and vote for myself so I can get back to work. And no, Llama, this is not to TIE up the votes. I hope someone else gets more :p

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Sorsha »

I'm also trying to factor in what strategy I think the other teams might be using. Are they going to sacrifice a no show or go with a volunteer? Which one would be better depends on what the fight consists of I guess. If a no show is put up against a volunteer I would hope it's not just a coin flip that decides who wins.

I have watched the movie but I remember very little. How were fighters chosen in the movie?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote: And no, Llama, this is not to TIE up the votes. I hope someone else gets more :p
It was Bea's idea, not mine.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I feel I've waited long enough and we only have a few hours to go. I'm voting for >SpaghettiEverywhere.

Let me explain.

Since we don't know the consequences of fighting, and we don't know who is good or bad, I believe selecting a non-participant as a Guinea Pig minimizes risk to our group, while hopefully giving us information. Others should follow my vote, because I am smart and it is the right choice.

Or you could choose to tie the vote like Bea is insisting we do (madness.)

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I never said anything about a tie. :( my.periods were.because I'm at work and on my cell. I'm too time pressed to be.passed.to.fix it from my phone.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

LOL @Bea

devin - I expect to have a recruiter and/or a policeman plus civilians on every team.

Llama - nice code breaking wind talker
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:I never said anything about a tie. :( my.periods were.because I'm at work and on my cell. I'm too time pressed to be.passed.to.fix it from my phone.
That is exactly what someone who tried to sneak in an elaborate code would say upon getting caught.

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 33

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm not sure how serious you are about that thellama73, but I think if she was trying to convince us to initiate a tie vote she wouldn't do it subliminally.

That being said, I like your idea of voting for the no-show. We need the least useful member to reveal to us what these fights are without any major consequences. I'll go ahead and vote.
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I've seen Bea type like that when on the phone before. Wasn't it the crackberry Bea?

I'll probably go with the spaghetti vote too. My only reservation is that if he loses if it's a ding against all of us? I'm not sure if we all here are a "team"?

Be back shortly.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Ok, voting for spaghetti.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Sorsha the blackberry had the broken return key. :) I kinda miss that.piece.of.crap. this one is touch screen and I have.fat fingers.

Looks like meter voted sgetti as.well. I don't know that.we will learn much if we vote a no show. (Ie _ if its a contest sort of thing, its easier to see it when 2 people are contributing.) And b as sorsha said - if we will be.penalized as a group if our fighter doesn't win.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Meter = keter
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Crap, thought the vote ended at 6! Good thing I checked in.

Thanks for the enlightening, llama! I think I'll vote spaghetti, seeing as I'm wary of volunteers and my other choice was randomizing. Now, off to the store, as there is no food in my house :huh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Going with boggs. He volunteered and I have no reason to be any more wary of him than anyone else at this point.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

[POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 1

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:12:17 pm

bea
No votes

Boogs
Boogs (2) 14%

Devin the Omniscient
Devin the Omniscient (3) 14%

FZ.
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

Keterman
No votes

nijuukyugou
No votes

Sorsha
No votes

>SpaghettiEverywhere
thellama73 (4), Keterman (5), Sorsha (6), nijuukyugou (7) 57%

thellama73
No votes

Everyone!!! (host, deadies)
MovingPictures07 (1) 14%
Total votes : 7
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Efffffff took too long typing. :(
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I love being a thought-leader. :)

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 1: >SpaghettiEverywhere v. Boogs

The winner of this fight is to be determined.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to decide what you will do.
thellama73
Supatown

Re: [NIGHT 1] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by thellama73 »

I don't know yet, but I can tell you one thing: I'm never going to stupid New Jersey!

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I just realized that I never saw this movie. I thought I did but I confused it with Snatch. :sigh:

I want to go somewhere else, not sure where though.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorsha wrote:I just realized that I never saw this movie. I thought I did but I confused it with Snatch. :sigh:
Those are not remotely the same movie.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Sorry all to miss this vote. I had the two games aligned at 6pm in my brain. I voted new castle for our next destination .

In
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

So it is the top two candidates that we voted for pitted against each other. Because of that, staying here seems like a bad idea. I imagine we would only lower our numbers without making any progress. Maybe not, but moving feels like much less of a risk at this point.

For those who have seen the movie, do the towns in the poll have a significant enough correlation to the story that we might have an idea of what we're getting into depending on which town we choose?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Hedgeowl wrote:Sorry all to miss this vote. I had the two games aligned at 6pm in my brain. I voted new castle for our next destination .

In
Is there any particular reason you chose New Castle?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:So it is the top two candidates that we voted for pitted against each other. Because of that, staying here seems like a bad idea. I imagine we would only lower our numbers without making any progress. Maybe not, but moving feels like much less of a risk at this point.
Isn't it reasonable to assume that other towns face exactly the same problem though? They will reduce their numbers as well, and some of them will doubtless move here.

I propose a Wilmington Alliance, where we stay here and then make the newcomers fight each other when they arrive.

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I just realized that I never saw this movie. I thought I did but I confused it with Snatch. :sigh:
They both have fighting and Brad Pitt in them! Other than that, I wouldn't know. I guess I'll have to watch Fight Club now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
They both have fighting and Brad Pitt in them! Other than that, I wouldn't know. I guess I'll have to watch Fight Club now.
Do it. Right now.

Definitely in my top 3 movies.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Keterman wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Sorry all to miss this vote. I had the two games aligned at 6pm in my brain. I voted new castle for our next destination .

In
Is there any particular reason you chose New Castle?
Yep, beer.

Ok, now that i have caught up, I would have voted spaghetti most likely as well. Interesting that we are pitted against each other. i dont like that either, but then agin even though we have been. Put into teams, the civs still have a separate objective from project mayhem right? Although some good points were made about traditional roles being differnet this game. I dont know what devein means about trusting all of us at this time, but i saw this movie a long time ago.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Do it. Right now.

I'm at work right now. I'll get it when I'm home tonight. :noble:
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Yay let's go! Put your dukes up Spaghetti! I'm a fierce kitty with ninja fight skills! Meow! I'm glad to be nominated! So what is everyone's thoughts on this night poll?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Also a question for MP or whoever else :) I was at work and couldn't check the game until just now, so I don't see a copy of the poll. Can anyone tell me how many votes I ended up getting and SE? :)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:So it is the top two candidates that we voted for pitted against each other. Because of that, staying here seems like a bad idea. I imagine we would only lower our numbers without making any progress. Maybe not, but moving feels like much less of a risk at this point.
Isn't it reasonable to assume that other towns face exactly the same problem though? They will reduce their numbers as well, and some of them will doubtless move here.

I propose a Wilmington Alliance, where we stay here and then make the newcomers fight each other when they arrive.
I don't see how staying here will make us stronger though. If we become the number one town for all of the fights to occur, then okay. But the other towns have an equal chance of that happening, so staying here doesn't automatically make us the best town. Assuming that the other towns have the same amount of knowledge as we do, it's not unlikely that someone proposes the same argument that you did in each town. Then no one moves, and the numbers are reduced in each town, which I imagine can't be a good thing. If we move, we will either confirm that the towns are equal or confirm that they are not, which is helpful information in either case. It's also likely that we will gain some other information that will help us. By staying here, it's too likely that we remain at Square 1 as far as what we need to know to progress. I agree that it would be nice to form an alliance, but I think it's too early to go along with such a proposal. We still don't know what fighting is in this game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Boogs wrote:Also a question for MP or whoever else :) I was at work and couldn't check the game until just now, so I don't see a copy of the poll. Can anyone tell me how many votes I ended up getting and SE? :)
Spaghetti got four votes and you and Devin had one vote each (self-votes). The only other vote was from MovingPictures07. I know this not because I was paying as much attention as I probably should have but because there's an archive thread for the polls we're allowed to see in the Fight Club subforum.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Do it. Right now.

I'm at work right now. I'll get it when I'm home tonight. :noble:
You won't regret it. :noble:

Boogs wrote:Also a question for MP or whoever else :) I was at work and couldn't check the game until just now, so I don't see a copy of the poll. Can anyone tell me how many votes I ended up getting and SE? :)
Seems Keterman beat me to it, but you should be able to view all polls in the game in the POLLS thread. :)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I have a feeling I might miss the vote, so I'm going to go ahead and vote for New Castle as well. I'm not a beer fan, but there's already a vote for it and I'd rather hop on that random bandwagon than stay here or pick another town that also has no relevant basis for voting.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Hmmm if I fight SE I don't see staying here being a bad thing? I'm scared to venture to other cities because we could run into stronger people? Maybe we could be ambushed? I kind of want to stay here for now.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:Assuming that the other towns have the same amount of knowledge as we do, it's not unlikely that someone proposes the same argument that you did in each town. Then no one moves, and the numbers are reduced in each town, which I imagine can't be a good thing.
No. No one else has a mind that works like mine. I assure you I am the only one to come up with the alliance plan.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote: And no, Llama, this is not to TIE up the votes. I hope someone else gets more :p
It was Bea's idea, not mine.
Not how I read it :) See below:
thellama73 wrote:Then again, a single dot is E, so any of the following periods in your message could be interpreted as part of the code. That means TIE. You want us to tie the vote!

Ah ha, I cracked the code!
I was responding to this idea half jokingly :)
Anyway, catching up.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Responding to a couple of people on page 2:
I never said I thought we were all on the same team, only that I believe that I can trust everyone here for the time being. Obviously if my suspicion is correct, a lot of us could be recruited eventually. So I am keeping my distance. Keep in mind that this is far from a typical Mafia game. That being said, this is a typical Sock game ;)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm going to have to agree with llama on this one. I would feel much better about staying here and taking on any new comers.
*Votes to Stay*

Return to “Previous Jobs”