[NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Moderator: Community Team

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Re: [NIGHT 1] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Draconus »

Hedgeowl wrote:I dont know what devein means about trusting all of us at this time, but i saw this movie a long time ago.
Sorry for the quad post! Hi Hedgie! You don't have to understand it. I admit that I could be totally wrong. But even if I'm right, that trust will diminish in no time at all. With recruitments and what-not going on.
Laters! :fiesta:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Whoever decided to listen to llama is ridiculous. Why would you vote for someone who isnt here when there are clearly people who want to be voted for? Im sorry I wasnt here to respond. Im currently in the middle of rural new york helping rebuild homes for poor people. I have no access to a computer and very limited access of my phone in which I have to check mafia.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Whoever even considered voting for me for the reason of me not being here, I am disappointed. Already I have bad feelings about llama and its barely even a day. I didnt want to fight I wanted to give hugs.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

And if I end up dying here then you will all be sorely disappointed. I dont know if boogs is bad and im sorry boogs if youre good and you end up dying. In any case I think we should all look at llama next and I dont know what any of these poll options mean so im just gonna choose a random one I think
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by thellama73 »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:Whoever even considered voting for me for the reason of me not being here, I am disappointed. Already I have bad feelings about llama and its barely even a day. I didnt want to fight I wanted to give hugs.
:feb:

Maybe you'll win the fight and get stronger? Then you can come after me for revenge.

If you can catch me! :llama:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Boogs »

Yay Spaghetti you're in the game now :) Yes, that tricky Llama needs to be examined. I hope you don't beat a poor little kitty like me in a fight. I have to say though, I haven't played with a few of these people before so I'm not sure I know how I feel about them yet.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Keterman I'm glad you're playing again. I hope you can give some good input in this game since you got replaced in Occultism. What are your thoughts on Llama, Keterman?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I also decided as mentioned above to stay here. I'm afraid we won't any be a match for fighters in other places. And venturing away this early in the game scares me. I'm interested though to know if anyone will die since we all seem to be split up or not or how this works... Hmmm
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Die at night that is. As in, if anyone will be Nightkilled while we are split up. I certainly hope not to die while fighting a giant bowl of Spaghetti Everywhere! Eek!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:So it is the top two candidates that we voted for pitted against each other. Because of that, staying here seems like a bad idea. I imagine we would only lower our numbers without making any progress. Maybe not, but moving feels like much less of a risk at this point.
Isn't it reasonable to assume that other towns face exactly the same problem though? They will reduce their numbers as well, and some of them will doubtless move here.

I propose a Wilmington Alliance, where we stay here and then make the newcomers fight each other when they arrive.
I don't understand your thinking here. How is this any different from leaving? Are we assuming we'll have some sort of home field advantage over a fight we still haven't learned the details of? I'm assuming you're proposing a voting block? Which we would (I hope) have regardless of traveling or not. What am I missing?
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I just realized that I never saw this movie. I thought I did but I confused it with Snatch. :sigh:
Those are not remotely the same movie.
They both have fighting and Brad Pitt in them! Other than that, I wouldn't know. I guess I'll have to watch Fight Club now.
It's a good flick - you'll enjoy it. I loved the book too. Even after seeing the movie, the book is worth the read. Also I've had this stuck in my head all day:

Hedgeowl wrote:
Keterman wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Sorry all to miss this vote. I had the two games aligned at 6pm in my brain. I voted new castle for our next destination .

In
Is there any particular reason you chose New Castle?
Yep, beer.

Ok, now that i have caught up, I would have voted spaghetti most likely as well. Interesting that we are pitted against each other. i dont like that either, but then agin even though we have been. Put into teams, the civs still have a separate objective from project mayhem right? Although some good points were made about traditional roles being differnet this game. I dont know what devein means about trusting all of us at this time, but i saw this movie a long time ago.
Lol - I thought Beer too when I first read it. Then I was all. NO! NOT NEW CASTLE THIS PLACE. THE BEER'S ENGLISH!!!!
Keterman wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:So it is the top two candidates that we voted for pitted against each other. Because of that, staying here seems like a bad idea. I imagine we would only lower our numbers without making any progress. Maybe not, but moving feels like much less of a risk at this point.
Isn't it reasonable to assume that other towns face exactly the same problem though? They will reduce their numbers as well, and some of them will doubtless move here.

I propose a Wilmington Alliance, where we stay here and then make the newcomers fight each other when they arrive.
I don't see how staying here will make us stronger though. If we become the number one town for all of the fights to occur, then okay. But the other towns have an equal chance of that happening, so staying here doesn't automatically make us the best town. Assuming that the other towns have the same amount of knowledge as we do, it's not unlikely that someone proposes the same argument that you did in each town. Then no one moves, and the numbers are reduced in each town, which I imagine can't be a good thing. If we move, we will either confirm that the towns are equal or confirm that they are not, which is helpful information in either case. It's also likely that we will gain some other information that will help us. By staying here, it's too likely that we remain at Square 1 as far as what we need to know to progress. I agree that it would be nice to form an alliance, but I think it's too early to go along with such a proposal. We still don't know what fighting is in this game.
There's some solid reasoning here. Especially the bolded bits.
thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:Assuming that the other towns have the same amount of knowledge as we do, it's not unlikely that someone proposes the same argument that you did in each town. Then no one moves, and the numbers are reduced in each town, which I imagine can't be a good thing.
No. No one else has a mind that works like mine. I assure you I am the only one to come up with the alliance plan.
We have a pretty trickstery and wide spread player list. I believe Black Rock and Long Con are playing this as well? Never say never my friend.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Responding to a couple of people on page 2:
I never said I thought we were all on the same team, only that I believe that I can trust everyone here for the time being. Obviously if my suspicion is correct, a lot of us could be recruited eventually. So I am keeping my distance. Keep in mind that this is far from a typical Mafia game. That being said, this is a typical Sock game ;)

Devin - I agree with you lots. I think at the LEAST until tonight is over, we are all pretty trustworthy. I think it was sorsha? maybe? who said something about seeing a recruiter and a police person in each thread. I think that people *with* roles are spread out among the threads for sure, but yes. I agree - here and now - we are all fairly face value. After tonight though, I don't know. I can't believe that Tyler could recruit to project mayham from *every* thread - but who knows? It's a dice role. You put it best. It's not a typical mafia game, but it is a typical Socky game.

At the moment, I'm firm in believing that most of us are vanilla civs. One or two of us may have a role. Someone *could* be Tyler. The Police/Martha/and Narrator are all aligned. All the civ's have to do is stay alive.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I'm going to have to agree with llama on this one. I would feel much better about staying here and taking on any new comers.
*Votes to Stay*
Aaaand now I am not sure I agree. How is staying here giving us any kind of advantage? presumably everyone else in every other thread have two people fighting as well. So if someone comes here, their numbers will be the same as ours. How is staying or going giving us any sort of advantage at this point?
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:Whoever decided to listen to llama is ridiculous. Why would you vote for someone who isnt here when there are clearly people who want to be voted for? Im sorry I wasnt here to respond. Im currently in the middle of rural new york helping rebuild homes for poor people. I have no access to a computer and very limited access of my phone in which I have to check mafia.
Sgettie!!!! Really? You're doing that!! AWESOME!!! I seriously can't say how proud of you that makes me right now. Good on you!! :hugs: :hug:
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:And if I end up dying here then you will all be sorely disappointed. I dont know if boogs is bad and im sorry boogs if youre good and you end up dying. In any case I think we should all look at llama next and I dont know what any of these poll options mean so im just gonna choose a random one I think
I know you have limited access, but this is an atypical game. We're not sure yet if "fighting" = lynch or not. We aren't sure what's going on. I'm not by any means defending llama, but you must take a few minutes and look back at what's been discussed and see that this is not going to be a typical game with vote=lynch during the day. You became a guinie pig I guess because llama and others felt it was less of a risk to throw out someone who hadn't checked in yet. Have you seen the movie? Or read the book? I think this may be one of the few mafia instences where some background knowlege of the theme will be helpful to playing the game.
Boogs wrote:Yay Spaghetti you're in the game now :) Yes, that tricky Llama needs to be examined. I hope you don't beat a poor little kitty like me in a fight. I have to say though, I haven't played with a few of these people before so I'm not sure I know how I feel about them yet.
I've been liking Keter's thinking thus far. I'm stealing rox's name shortening because I hear (the kinght's who say) Ni - I've not played with her before and am just kinda seeing her around the forum. She's still very new to me. I think I've played with everyone else at least once before.

And my thing to sgettie about background knowlege made me go look this up:

“Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells “stop!”, goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.”

I think maybe now I see an advantage to staying home? If we move, it might be our first night at Fight Club there. Then it would be two of us that had to fight. Is that what you were thinking llama?

linkie - boogsy - I'm still worried that the actual "fight" will be what makes someone die. I don't remember seeing anyone with an NK ability in the role list (though I may have forgotten it.)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 33

Post by a2thezebra »

Boogs wrote:Keterman I'm glad you're playing again. I hope you can give some good input in this game since you got replaced in Occultism. What are your thoughts on Llama, Keterman?
I still disagree with his logic (it doesn't help that his response to my argument was literally a joke) on staying here, and I'm a little surprised that most of the players so far are agreeing with him rather than me. If you're asking if I'm suspicious of him, I'm not. Or if I am, it's not a higher suspicion than anyone else. It is only Night 1 of a lengthy game and I've yet to develop any reads.

I'm surprised that SpaghettiEverywhere was surprised that we all voted for him. As llama said, those that volunteered could have ulterior motives, and because we don't know anything about what fighting is like, it was best to throw a virtual non-participant into the ring. If I was him, I would agree with that logic and would have no complaints about being the top candidate.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm kind of taken at right now so I'll read bea's lengthy post and whatever other posts come about in two and a half hours.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Keterman wrote:
Boogs wrote:Keterman I'm glad you're playing again. I hope you can give some good input in this game since you got replaced in Occultism. What are your thoughts on Llama, Keterman?
I still disagree with his logic (it doesn't help that his response to my argument was literally a joke) on staying here, and I'm a little surprised that most of the players so far are agreeing with him rather than me. If you're asking if I'm suspicious of him, I'm not. Or if I am, it's not a higher suspicion than anyone else. It is only Night 1 of a lengthy game and I've yet to develop any reads.

I'm surprised that SpaghettiEverywhere was surprised that we all voted for him. As llama said, those that volunteered could have ulterior motives, and because we don't know anything about what fighting is like, it was best to throw a virtual non-participant into the ring. If I was him, I would agree with that logic and would have no complaints about being the top candidate.
Not defending sgettie any more than I was defending llama - but I can see where he was coming from as well. Especially if he crammed reading on his phone while he's in the middle of no where.

I can see him reading the collecting of votes as a Day 1 everyone took the lame scapegoat and voted the guy who didn't show up as the day 1 lynch. I don't know that sgettie is seeing his votes any differently from what a typical day 1 lynch would be like. Does that make sense?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Keterman wrote:

Sorry for my lenghty post - I had lots to catch up on.

And - I think it's the 8th rule of fight club that may sway me from the "move and see what's up theory" to the "stay home" theory - rule 8: if it's your first night at Fight Club you must fight. I can see the scenario where if we leave, it's our first night at the new fight club then - instead of one of us and one of them fighting - it's two of us fighting.

Also- if I read the other rules of fight club - no fight can happen here till boogs v. sgettie is settled. "fights are one at a time, fights happen as long as they need to."

also also - I have no idea how that fight is going down. I hope boogs and sgettie do though.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

also also also - I have little to no idea about this - but that word jumble in our hosts siggie is just begging to be descrambled. Are any of our players good at doing that sort of thing? I will try but I'll likely not get very far.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Responding to a couple of people on page 2:
I never said I thought we were all on the same team, only that I believe that I can trust everyone here for the time being. Obviously if my suspicion is correct, a lot of us could be recruited eventually. So I am keeping my distance. Keep in mind that this is far from a typical Mafia game. That being said, this is a typical Sock game ;)

Devin - I agree with you lots. I think at the LEAST until tonight is over, we are all pretty trustworthy. I think it was sorsha? maybe? who said something about seeing a recruiter and a police person in each thread. I think that people *with* roles are spread out among the threads for sure, but yes. I agree - here and now - we are all fairly face value. After tonight though, I don't know. I can't believe that Tyler could recruit to project mayham from *every* thread - but who knows? It's a dice role. You put it best. It's not a typical mafia game, but it is a typical Socky game.

At the moment, I'm firm in believing that most of us are vanilla civs. One or two of us may have a role. Someone *could* be Tyler. The Police/Martha/and Narrator are all aligned. All the civ's have to do is stay alive.
One thing I find worth pointing out...there are four towns. Delaware City, New Castle, Penns Grove, and us, Wilmington. There are ten players in our town, so I would assume there are ten players in the other towns as well. But with 38 total players that's two players short for one town, or one player short for two towns. Or something completely different. I have no theory based around that, just thought it was worth bringing up, and another possible reason why switching towns might get us some helpful answers.
bea wrote:And my thing to sgettie about background knowlege made me go look this up:

“Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells “stop!”, goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.”

I think maybe now I see an advantage to staying home? If we move, it might be our first night at Fight Club there. Then it would be two of us that had to fight. Is that what you were thinking llama?
This is the stuff I was afraid of because I too haven't seen the film. It's not a stretch at all to suggest that those rules will directly influence the game, and that final rule is the only argument I've seen yet to stay here rather than move that has swayed me at all.
bea wrote:Not defending sgettie any more than I was defending llama - but I can see where he was coming from as well. Especially if he crammed reading on his phone while he's in the middle of no where.

I can see him reading the collecting of votes as a Day 1 everyone took the lame scapegoat and voted the guy who didn't show up as the day 1 lynch. I don't know that sgettie is seeing his votes any differently from what a typical day 1 lynch would be like. Does that make sense?
I see how from a quick read he could see it that way, but I don't think it was wise to make such a concrete, unflinching post about how he feels about the situation before a thorough read of the thread. Especially because that was the first declaration of suspicion we've seen in the game, and it was entirely because thellama73 led the vote against him. That's considered an amateur scum move ("OMGUS", or Oh My God You Suck) where I've always played mafia, but no one else has called it out so I assume it is forgiven here.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Thanks for your input Keterman and Bea. Glad to have my other favorite kitty fighting in this game :) I'm hoping whoever loses the fight between me and SE doesn't die, but if no nightkills happen then I'm afraid that would happen :/ I suppose we shall see what turn arounds happen.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I don't understand your thinking here. How is this any different from leaving? Are we assuming we'll have some sort of home field advantage over a fight we still haven't learned the details of? I'm assuming you're proposing a voting block? Which we would (I hope) have regardless of traveling or not. What am I missing?

If every town has a chance to travel, and one of their travel destinations is here, it is reasonable to assume we will see some new players tomorrow. Every town will see its population decrease by the number of players who leave minues the number of players who arrive. If we all stay here, we will have a population increase rather than a population decrease, which seems to me to be a good thing. Moreover, we have all been chatting for a couple of days which means we are beginning to feel each other out. New arrivals, or if we arrive in a new town full of strangers, will be a mystery.

Ergo, it is to our advantage, for now at least, to stick together and kill off the newcomers as they arrive, rather than allow oursleves to be killed by those from other towns. Suppose the New Castle folks came to this same conclusion? Any of you voting to move there will be walking into a death trap. Not me, thanks. Better the devil you know.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok llama that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking we stayed or moved as a group.

I'm going to go ahead and vote to stay so that I don't forget to do it later.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Sorsha »

bea wrote:also also also - I have little to no idea about this - but that word jumble in our hosts siggie is just begging to be descrambled. Are any of our players good at doing that sort of thing? I will try but I'll likely not get very far.
I don't have it 100% deciphered yet but I have most of it. It's not really to my advantage to share what it says though. Once deciphered its instructions on how to win a prize.

Also, I think I am going to stay here and hang out. Maybe I'll move next time we get a chance.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Yeah if we move individually, that could be pretty hazardous to us all. If we stay as a group, our strength is in numbers. We don't want someone coming over to our town that's super strong and trying to kick our butts lol
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Guys sorry I was tied up last night and forgot the damn vote. Sorry Alex and fellow players. I will endeavor to do better, catching up now.
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Alright so we do not know how the "fights" are going to be handled.

We do however know the rules to Fight Club. Thanks for posting them Bea it was on my list until I seen that you had posted them. BC of the rules I am voting to stay right here. Deffo do NOT want to ever go to Jersey again in my lifetime. Jersey sucks tbqh. True story.

Also the Pixies!!!!! *sings along* :dance:

I would have voted for llama. I going to vote for the top poster at the time it was llama. My system is out in the open now Image
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote: I would have voted for llama. I going to vote for the top poster at the time it was llama. My system is out in the open now Image
Your system was the opposite of my system! Amazing!

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

bea wrote:Ok llama that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking we stayed or moved as a group.

I thought the same and didn't even notice the stay here option when I voted. I just didnt want to miss another votes since I had just missed the first. Since the question is 'what will you do?' maybe it is an individual move, but that's a lot to coordinate for MP. Oh well, I am moving on most likely. That'll teach me to vote early.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Hedgy if that's thebcasenyou can always come.back next.time!¹
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

bea wrote:Hedgy if that's thebcasenyou can always come.back next.time!¹
:hugs: if they don't serve me Newcastle I most certainly will! *hiccup* :noble:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
bea wrote:Ok llama that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking we stayed or moved as a group.

I thought the same and didn't even notice the stay here option when I voted. I just didnt want to miss another votes since I had just missed the first. Since the question is 'what will you do?' maybe it is an individual move, but that's a lot to coordinate for MP. Oh well, I am moving on most likely. That'll teach me to vote early.

The reasno I think it's an individual move is that I can't imagine a game mechanic would leave an entire subforum empty if no one chose to stay/travel there.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't see why that game mechanic would be out of the question.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:I don't see why that game mechanic would be out of the question.
I do.

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I wonder what would happen if only one person was left in a location?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorsha wrote:I wonder what would happen if only one person was left in a location?
They would be granted absolutely autocracy over that town. We don't want that to happen.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sorry for not posting much. I forget how quickly the forum fills up :huh:

I can see the argument for staying here, as said by several others: safety in numbers, the possibility of not having to fight in another town since we wouldn't be "new," feeling out newcomers more easily, etc. However, a lot of people seem to be assuming everyone's good here. The numbers certainly point to a majority of civs, but we (or at least I) don't even know how recruitment is accomplished (and if it's already occurring as we speak), who is what role, etc. at this point, and from what I hear, MP is an avant-garde host. Assuming normalcy doesn't seem like such a great idea.

However, at this point so early in the game, I see more disadvantages to moving about, mostly just the opposite of what's stated above. At some point I'd like more insight on what's going on in other forums, but I'd also like to "play it safe" for this round and remain here. So, voting to stay.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I wonder what would happen if only one person was left in a location?
They would be granted absolutely autocracy over that town. We don't want that to happen.
I was wondering the same thing as Sorsha. Can you elaborate, llama?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
No, because elaborating on a joke diminishes the impact of its humor.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

thellama73 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
No, because elaborating on a joke diminishes the impact of its humor.
Hahaha I'm dumb and hungry :derp:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote: No, because elaborating on a joke diminishes the impact of its humor.
Hahaha I'm dumb and hungry :derp:
Don't feel bad. I get that from everybody.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

NIGHT 1

What will you do?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18:51 pm

Check out the fight club in Delaware City, DE
No votes

Check out the fight club in New Castle, DE
Hedgeowl (2), Keterman (3) 18%

Check out the fight club in Penns Grove, NJ
>SpaghettiEverywhere (6) 9%

Stay here!
thellama73 (4), Devin the Omniscient (5), Boogs (7), bea (8), Sorsha (9), Roxy (10), nijuukyugou (11) 64%

Nothing! (host, deadies)
MovingPictures07 (1) 9%
Total votes : 11
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 1: The Mayhem Begins

The fight concluded. A winner has been declared.

Meanwhile...

The back door opens and Tyler brings the store's clerk out at gunpoint, forces him to his knees. Narrator follows, freaked. Tyler points the gun at the Clerk.

NARRATOR: "On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

CLERK: "Please... don't..."

TYLER: "Give me your wallet."

The Clerk fumbles his wallet out of his pocket and Tyler snatches it. Tyler pulls out his driver's license.

TYLER: "Raymond K. Hessel. 1320 SE Benning, apartment A. A small, cramped basement apartment."

RAYMOND: "How'd you know?"

TYLER: "They give basement apartments letters instead of numbers. Raymond, you're going to die."

Tyler rummages through the wallet.

TYLER: "Is this a picture of Mom and Dad?"

RAYMOND: "Yesssss..." Raymond shutters out of fear.

TYLER: "Your mom and dad will have to call kindly doctor so-and-so to dig up your dental records, because there won't be much left of your face."

RAYMOND: "Please, God, no..."

Raymond begins to weep, shoulders heaving.

NARRATOR: "Tyler..."

TYLER: "An expired community college student ID card. What did you used to study, Raymond K. Hessel?"

RAYMOND: "S-S-Stuff."

TYLER: "'Stuff.' Were the mid-terms hard?"

Tyler rams the gun barrel against Raymond's temple.

TYLER: "I asked you what you studied."

NARRATOR: "Tell him!"

RAYMOND: "Biology, mostly."

TYLER: "Why?"

RAYMOND: "I... I don't know..."

TYLER: "What did you want to be, Raymond K. Hessel?"

Raymond weeps and says nothing. Tyler cocks the gun. Raymond gasps.

TYLER: "The question, Raymond, was 'what did you want to be?'"

NARRATOR: "Answer him!"

RAYMOND: "A veterinarian!"

TYLER: "Animals."

RAYMOND: "Yeah ... animals and s-s-s ---"

TYLER: "Stuff. That means you have to get more schooling."

RAYMOND: "Too much school."

Tyler shoves Raymond's wallet back into Raymond's pocket.

TYLER: "Would you rather be dead?"

RAYMOND: "No, please, no, God, no!"

Tyler moves the gun right between Raymond's eyes.

RAYMOND: "NOOOOO!"

Tyler uncocks the gun, lowers it.

TYLER: "I'm keeping your license. I know where you live. I'm going to check on you. If you aren't back in school and on your way to being a veterinarian in six weeks, you will be dead. Get the hell out of here."

Raymond staggers to his feet, heads down an alleyway. Narrator and Tyler watch Raymond flee, then Tyler looks at Narrator.

NARRATOR: "I feel sick."

TYLER: "Imagine how he feels."

Tyler brings the gun to his own head, pulls the trigger -- CLICK. Empty.

NARRATOR: "I don't care, that was horrible."

Tyler walks away.

TYLER: "Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessell's life."

Narrator watches Tyler go.

TYLER: "His breakfast will taste better than any meal he has ever eaten.

Narrator turns to look the direction Raymond ran. He finally turns back, following after Tyler.

Boogs has won the fight. >SpaghettiEverywhere has not been seriously injured.

Players have exited and entered the fight club.

Project Mayhem has begun.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to decide who will fight.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [DAY 2] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by S~V~S »

Look there are a lot of people here :D

On phone on the train, will read the thread when I get home. I see that only the fight results for this thread are here, no Delaware City results. Did anyone here go there?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by timmer »

Well, hi!
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Good job, Boogs! Welcome, new people! Don't get comfortable.

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

*mops up the spaghetti sauce all over the floor*

Who knew Wilmington was such a popular place.... welcome people. :)

Boogs- Do you know how the fight was decided? Did you have to do anything?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

thellama73 wrote:Good job, Boogs! Welcome, new people! Don't get comfortable.
Why aren't you on the poll?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

timmer wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Good job, Boogs! Welcome, new people! Don't get comfortable.
Why aren't you on the poll?
Scratch that, I can't read, lol.
My siggie.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Good to see the fights don't automatically mean death. :)

Hello, Wilmington!!!

We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 41

Post by DharmaHelper »

Wilmington looks nice. Hello to everyone!
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Re: [DAY 1] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by timmer »

Hedgeowl wrote:
I saw that, but it didnt mean anything to me. So you think other people are in a different hometown?
Over in Penns Grove, we chatted a bit about the fact that it seems to be in everyone's best interested to figure out who Tyler Durden is, since the policemen need to find him to win, and we all win if we survive to the end. If Durden is found early, maybe that handicaps project mayhem etc and helps everyone win.

So, for whichever of you may be policemen, I would like to point this post out. Hedge is no longer here to reply about it, so I'm putting this post here as a marker until maybe hedge can respond to it later, but.... Hedge doesn't seem to understand about the hometown thing. I checked with MP about referring to roles in this way and he said it is acceptable, so, without going into too many specifics... My original thread was Penns Grove, NJ. I understood the reason I was there because of my role pm. You guys should have understood the name of your first thread based on your role pms.

So all I'm saying is... Tyler Durden could very well not have a hometown since he is a fictional part of the narrator's brain. It's potential that hedge didn't understand about the hometown reference because of a role pm that doesn't have one. Since the policemen search for Durden every night, I thought I would put that out there. Food for thought.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh, and MP, you've got the permissions wrong in this thread, too, buddy!
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 41

Post by DharmaHelper »

Not giving Tyler the same information that everyone else gets would not make sense, in my mind. It would make him too easy to flush out, and I don't think MP would allow that.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”